Instagram

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 81 to 133 of 133
  1. #81
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    34,243
    Mentioned
    2572 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsha View Post
    It is such a complex thing and also very personal. Really disappointing to hear Pakistanis bash overseas Pakistanis, claiming a sense of superiority.

    I am spent first 20 years of my life in Pakistan but I never have criticized overseas Pakistanis. I know how it is.
    I salute the likes of Mamoon who are voting and are willing to be there to make a difference, and they have the right to be upset at overseas Pakistanis since we did not directly do anything to change the fate of the country.

    However, there is this misconception that we overseas Pakistanis are chilling outside of Pakistan and are living the life; that's not quite the case lol. Life is tough here too and there is less family support for a lot of us etc. The reason we're not going back to Pakistan though is because moving from one side of the world to the other is definitely not easy at all. It's a whole process and you can't just change everything that quickly. And in my case, we still tried that in 2008 as I mentioned earlier.

    Nevertheless, it's still an option now moving forward. Let's see where life takes me once I'm done my studies.


    Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

  2. #82
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    1,537
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my opinion the overseas Pakistanis are not under any obligation to return back home. They have done their part by supporting IK in thick and thin and deserve the credit for bringing IK in power.

    I have been following this forum for almost a decade and observed the overseas Pakistanis supporting IK even when the locals had out-rightly rejected him. It has taken them some effort to literally drive "home" the message. So a special congrats to them.

  3. #83
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    1,204
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    Not an overseas Pakistani, I am - as is well known - a native Brit, but I don't see why ex-pats should be expected to just up sticks and move back. As if it was that easy. When you start a new life somewhere else, you change with your environment, not always that simple to roll everything back and go to Pakistan.

    Of course there will be some who will drop everything, assuming they don't have family who are entrenched in their new countries, but the real hope should be that Pakistan eventually becomes a country where the brighter citizens can achieve their ambitions without moving abroad. It won't happen overnight, but as Imran has shown with his nurturing of his political party from nothing to ultimate triumph, everything can be achieved with determination and patience.
    I though you were a pakistani all this time. How come you know so much about our history/cultural habits if you are native Brit?

  4. #84
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    17,757
    Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Terrific thread, appreciate the intent @Mamoon.

    Maybe we can bump it 5 years later in 2023 to see if a single one from here has returned to Pakistan.

  5. #85
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    23,984
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TQ89 View Post
    I though you were a pakistani all this time. How come you know so much about our history/cultural habits if you are native Brit?
    If you read my further posts you will see that I clarified that my heritage is Pakistani, but having been born and raised in Britain in a white area, I am obviously a native Brit, although having been raised by Pakistani parents who experienced partition as kids, I have good awareness of both Pakistani and Indian culture.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  6. #86
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    75,581
    Mentioned
    4889 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadBall View Post
    This is in your OP.



    "Will" being the operative word. IK isn't even PM yet but it didn't stop you from posting a sarcastic thread. It reeks of insincerity especially given your stance for the past few years and is usual just attention seeking.
    There is no sarcasm here, I truly believe that this is a new dawn for Pakistan, and I want to know what part the overseas Pakistanis - who have lended their support over social media with great intensity - will be willing to play to help build a better future for this country.

  7. #87
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    75,581
    Mentioned
    4889 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    In my opinion the overseas Pakistanis are not under any obligation to return back home. They have done their part by supporting IK in thick and thin and deserve the credit for bringing IK in power.

    I have been following this forum for almost a decade and observed the overseas Pakistanis supporting IK even when the locals had out-rightly rejected him. It has taken them some effort to literally drive "home" the message. So a special congrats to them.
    Of course they are under no obligation. I have nothing against overseas Pakistanis, a lot of them have worked very hard to get where they are now, but I am only calling out those specific overseas Pakistanis who claimed that they left Pakistan because of corruption, nepotism, lack of law & order etc., problems that this new government and the people can help eradicate together.

    Now that we will overcome these problems, will these overseas Pakistanis return, or will they come up with a new excuse? The best thing that have come out of this election is that these specific overseas Pakistanis have been badly exposed for their lies.

    Furthermore, it is important to address the delusions of overseas Pakistanis and their self-serving attitude of how they have played a part in bringing this change.

    Overseas Pakistanis have played absolutely no part in helping PTI win this election. They did not cast any votes, and their posts, tweets and hashtags on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are not the reason why millions of Pakistanis voted for PTI.

    The overseas Pakistanis have no genuine stake in Pakistan. They are not the ones who suffer the problems and obstacles that Pakistanis living in Pakistan face, and they are not the ones who are going to benefit if this country sees a new dawn. There is a reason why they were not allowed to vote.

  8. #88
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    10,263
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Inshallah, I will be back if I see the situation for Shias improving. Just need to wrap up things like studies here first.


    It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.
    ― Imran Khan

  9. #89
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    2,035
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    We were told by overseas Pakistanis, i.e. those who have been settled abroad permanently, that they (or their parents) left Pakistan for good because of corruption, lack of accountability, lack of merit and no law & order.

    However, now that the dawn of Naya Pakistan is upon us and all these issues will be resolved, will I be wrong in giving all of you a warm welcome back to Pakistan?

    Will I be wrong in expecting that all international flights to Pakistan from all over the world will booked for the entire year, with Pakistani expatriates making a beeline for the 10 million jobs in the first year?

    Yes, you will be wrong about all of that.

    Not even one day has passed since Imran Khan has been in office and you are making it seem like overseas Pakistanis will be ready to give up everything that they have worked for and come back to Pakistan. That's not the way the world works. No one knows if Imran is going to live up to even 10% of what is expected of him, so why would Pakistanis want to come back home when we have no guarantee that the situation of law and order and corruption will improve?

    Most of the issues that Imran will aim to erradicate will be issues that will take decades to be wiped away from Pakistani society. Issues such as corruption, lack of accountability, poverty, law and order, lack of hygiene are issues that Imran will look to work towards, but all he can do is to provide the foundation and lay the plans for what future generations can build upon. His job is to set the ball rolling, and he will look to do so by removing issues such as corruption and lack of accountability from the very top. Overtime, his actions at the top of the social hierarchy will hopefully boil down to the grassroots level, but as to how long that takes is anyone's guess.

    It's not realistic for people to expect that Imran Khan will make Pakistan into a first world country where we rival the west in terms of education and general quality of life. What we should expect from him is to bring us one step closer to that reality. When that reality does indeed arrive, overseas Pakistanis will wholeheartedly flock back to their nation. No one likes living in a foreign land where they have to leave their loved ones behind, but sacrifices have to be made so that a person can prosper in life. It's unrealistic to expect people to come running back to Pakistan just because of a glimmer of hope. Once they see the results, only then will they be convinced of leaving their lives behind in foreign lands to go back home.
    Last edited by AssassinatedDevil; 27th July 2018 at 11:04.

  10. #90
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    23,984
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Of course they are under no obligation. I have nothing against overseas Pakistanis, a lot of them have worked very hard to get where they are now, but I am only calling out those specific overseas Pakistanis who claimed that they left Pakistan because of corruption, nepotism, lack of law & order etc., problems that this new government and the people can help eradicate together.

    Now that we will overcome these problems, will these overseas Pakistanis return, or will they come up with a new excuse? The best thing that have come out of this election is that these specific overseas Pakistanis have been badly exposed for their lies.

    Furthermore, it is important to address the delusions of overseas Pakistanis and their self-serving attitude of how they have played a part in bringing this change.

    Overseas Pakistanis have played absolutely no part in helping PTI win this election. They did not cast any votes, and their posts, tweets and hashtags on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are not the reason why millions of Pakistanis voted for PTI.

    The overseas Pakistanis have no genuine stake in Pakistan. They are not the ones who suffer the problems and obstacles that Pakistanis living in Pakistan face, and they are not the ones who are going to benefit if this country sees a new dawn. There is a reason why they were not allowed to vote.
    I am not sure what point you are trying to make here. On the one hand you are saying that it is a new dawn, despite you yourself fighting tooth and nail for years on this forum against Imran Khan ever becoming prime minister. So what are you saying now - that you were wrong all along and that the PTI will in fact turn everything round?

    I don't mind you having a go at overseas Pakistanis who you feel should have no say in Pakistan's future, that is fair enough, but then just say that, you can't criticise them for approving a party who you yourself admit to being wrong about. If as you claim your post wasn't sarcastic, then it makes no sense at all.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  11. #91
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    28,389
    Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The OP is badly mistaken if he feels that life outside Pakistan is more rosy than Life in Pakistan. A lot of times you have to struggle a lot harder in the West in order to settle down

  12. #92
    Debut
    Jul 2005
    Runs
    1,826
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will see this attention seeking uncle of my kids at the Peshawar airport. This is how you will recognize me: I would have my baby daughter in my right arm and boy in the left. I would have my back pack on my shoulder - swiss army back pack. My wife will be found catching up with me all in excitement with New Pak flag on one hand and the bag filled with cash on the other. Please help us find a place to stay then and bla bla for all the basic needs. I look forward to seeing you soon.


    Best of The Best : Tendulkar - Wasim - Gilchrist

  13. #93
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    30,787
    Mentioned
    549 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    It wasn't exactly the white British folks who elected he British Pakistani. Do you even know London demographics?
    Yes it's around 45% of White British people living in London. Sadiq Khan received over 1.1Million votes including tens of thousands from white voters otherwise he would have lost. Im not sure where you get your information from.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  14. #94
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    1,162
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m British but already started investing in Pakistan long before this election. Circumstances permitting, will try and venture back and forth as much as possible.

  15. #95
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    8,218
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    It wasn't exactly the white British folks who elected he British Pakistani. Do you even know London demographics?
    I've been in London a lot over the years, and its clear to me that about 60-65% of the population is white and the 35-40% left is either Black or Asian. So 60/20/20 split basically.

  16. #96
    Debut
    Jun 2010
    Runs
    38
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    I dont know if he will fail or not, but the reason I voted for him in the end is because he deserves a chance; he has earned it.
    He earned it? I thought you said he has betrayed his entire philosophy because of his intense greed for power? So how did he earn it? In the days leading to the election you were saying Princess Maryam is your leader no? So what gives you the right to jump on the bandwagon now that MY LEADER has won? I do not believe you voted for him, but i am happy you gave your head a wobble and are now behind him. Stick with him now and don't betray him at the first hurdle.

  17. #97
    Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    10,508
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I know a friend who is already preparing to move back to Pakistan and few more are thinking.

    I am sure lot more people either move back or invest in coming years.

  18. #98
    Debut
    Feb 2007
    Runs
    2,389
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I plan to help kids in getting good education and plan to donate as much as I can to PTI. I know it's not much but my commitments are here in the UK however not a day goes by that I don't think of my childhood days in Pakistan.

  19. #99
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    26,683
    Mentioned
    1232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Overseas Pakistanis to have profitable packages in Pakistan: Asad Umar

    ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf (PTI), leader Asad Umar on Monday said Overseas Pakistani would have profitable packages in Pakistan.

    Overseas Pakistanis would enjoy security of their money after investment in Pakistan, he said talking to a private news channel.

    Overseas Pakistanis had been facing difficulties in investment here, he said, adding all options were under consideration for the betterment of economy.

    PTI would resolve the challenges being confronted to the nation, he said, adding Imran Khan was fully aware of the problems of the country.

    Expressing concerns over the debt situation, he said it was increasing day by day. PTI had prepared a 100 day plan for implementation so that the desired objectives could be achieved for the benefit of people, he said.

    To a question about Prime Ministers Oath taking ceremony, he said probably, Imran Khan would take Oath on August 15.

    As far as the matter of chief ministers was concerned, he said, in couple of days, the PTI would take decision in this regard.

    Umar hoped that PTI would form the government in three provinces.

    To a question, he said PTI would prefer those in the cabinet who had the qualities of integrity and delivery to masses.

    To another question, he said Imran Khan would not reside in the prime minister house. He said due to security reasons, Imran Khan could not live in Bani Gala.

    He said PTI would ensure transparency in FBR to halt corruption.

    https://www.brecorder.com/2018/08/07...tan-asad-umer/


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  20. #100
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    75,581
    Mentioned
    4889 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Pakistanis living abroad permenantly need to be put in their place. You have no stake in the country and have made zero contribution to bring change.

    PTI govt. needs to stop brown-nosing these armchair supporters whose support is limited to hashtags, tweets and changing profile pictures. They dont have the cojones to walk the talk and come back to Naya Pakistan that to pretend to care about.

    Edit: I am sorry I forgot that Pakistan would be poorer than Congo and Malawi without the billions that the overseas Pakistanis send to the country.

  21. #101
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    3,989
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Pakistanis living abroad permenantly need to be put in their place. You have no stake in the country and have made zero contribution to bring change.

    PTI govt. needs to stop brown-nosing these armchair supporters whose support is limited to hashtags, tweets and changing profile pictures. They dont have the cojones to walk the talk and come back to Naya Pakistan that to pretend to care about.

    Edit: I am sorry I forgot that Pakistan would be poorer than Congo and Malawi without the billions that the overseas Pakistanis send to the country.
    A lot of Pakistanis have donated to PTI and to charities in Pakistan. You can't generalize millions of people of Pakistani descent, some have no contribution at all while others contribute everything they got. Some couldn't care less about Pakistan while others are totally dialed in.

    You need to look at people as individuals instead of collectively judging them, this is a really desi habit - the whole collective shaming thing.
    Last edited by Pakistanian; 7th August 2018 at 17:49.


    "Peace is only made with the powerful"

  22. #102
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    6,467
    Mentioned
    338 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some are already planning to move back.



    TalentSpotterPk: I pray PanamaLeak sink Sharif ship forever we dont want this pseudo democracy

  23. #103
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    348
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mian View Post
    Some are already planning to move back.

    That’s a very bold and impressive decision.

  24. #104
    Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    170
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Pakistanis living abroad permenantly need to be put in their place. You have no stake in the country and have made zero contribution to bring change.

    PTI govt. needs to stop brown-nosing these armchair supporters whose support is limited to hashtags, tweets and changing profile pictures. They dont have the cojones to walk the talk and come back to Naya Pakistan that to pretend to care about.

    Edit: I am sorry I forgot that Pakistan would be poorer than Congo and Malawi without the billions that the overseas Pakistanis send to the country.
    The largest foreign investment in Pakistan is expats sending billions each year. So yes, Pakistan would be even more of a basket case economically without the expats.

  25. #105
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    28,389
    Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    To be honest as much as overseas Pakistani's should give back to their motherland, IK has to also be cognizant of the fact that the Pakistani economy needs to compensate these overseas Pakistani's because these guys are giving up $$$ in Salaries, Houses, Assets, Security and they have to be compensated with above market salaries which will also compensate them for inflation.

  26. #106
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    8,078
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am an overseas Pakistani and apart from feeling bad on hearing about the problems my relatives are having back home, I have very little personal stake in Pakistan. Yes, I was born there and spent my childhood and adolescence there but when I moved, I knew I was moving for good. Now my home is in America. I feel the notion of countries and patriotism to be a bit outdated in todays global world, I feel more like a global citizen then a Pakistani if that makes any sense.

    Of course I would love to see a safe and prosperous Pakistan because of my connections to the country but I really don't find any incentive to do anything about it other than financially support some of the good charitable organizations there. Even though I am interested in and greatly admire so many things about Pakistan, there are so many other things that happen in Pakistan which I absolutely abhor. The biggest one being its people. Absolutely cannot stand a large majority of them. They can keep that country for themselves for all I care.
    Last edited by saadibaba; 20th August 2018 at 05:24.


    “I am not young enough to know everything.”

    ― Oscar Wilde

  27. #107
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    22,517
    Mentioned
    1249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saadibaba View Post
    I am an overseas Pakistani and apart from feeling bad on hearing about the problems my relatives are having back home, I have very little personal stake in Pakistan. Yes, I was born there and spent my childhood and adolescence there but when I moved, I knew I was moving for good. Now my home is in America. I feel the notion of countries and patriotism to be a bit outdated in todays global world, I feel more like a global citizen then a Pakistani if that makes any sense.

    Of course I would love to see a safe and prosperous Pakistan because of my connections to the country but I really don't find any incentive to do anything about it other than financially support some of the good charitable organizations there. Even though I am interested in and greatly admire so many things about Pakistan, there are so many other things that happen in Pakistan which I absolutely abhor. The biggest one being its people. Absolutely cannot stand a large majority of them. They can keep that country for themselves for all I care.
    It's people like you and your background who also make the country or do you think there is something very unique about you specifically which seperated you from millions of Pakistanis who on the other hand are a homogenous group?

  28. #108
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    95,638
    Mentioned
    1728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadBall View Post
    This is in your OP.



    "Will" being the operative word. IK isn't even PM yet but it didn't stop you from posting a sarcastic thread. It reeks of insincerity especially given your stance for the past few years and is usual just attention seeking.
    This is not limited to politics only. Actually thought things had improved but looks like a relapse.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  29. #109
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    4,128
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OP is an entitled, spoiled child.

    Are you back in Pak from your vacation in the west?

    Here I am in the west working 50 hour weeks, and this kid can afford more vacations than me

    Not hating God gives to whom he wants, but that just goes to show how his life is in Pakistan compared to 98% of the rest of the population.

    Maybe if you werent part of the ruling elite, you would understand why some Pakistanis left searching for a better life.

    Now that we are settled here for decades, it is hard to move back.

    That doesn't mean we dont wish well for Pakistan.

    We support PTI because we believe in breaking the status quo of the feudal dynasties that ruined the country which cause us to want to move out in the first place!

  30. #110
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    6,786
    Mentioned
    1265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)


  31. #111
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    2,035
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imran Khan Asks Overseas Pakistanis to Invest, Raise Remittances

    Pakistan’s Prime Minister Imran Khan asked overseas citizens to invest and increase remittances to the South Asian country to help boost its foreign-exchange reserves and overcome an economic crisis.

    “We want you to send your money and deposit it in Pakistani banks,” the 65-year-old former cricket star said in a televised speech on Sunday. “I feel ashamed begging for loans and funds from foreign institutions.”

    Khan, whose Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf party formed a coalition majority government following victory in last month’s elections, is facing multiple economic and foreign policy challenges. The central bank has devalued the currency four times since December and hiked interest rates amid rising deficits and depleting foreign reserves. On Saturday, Khan named Asad Umar, a former head of Pakistani conglomerate Engro Corp., as his finance minister. Umar said in an interview this month that Pakistan may need more than $12 billion to plug a gap in the country’s finances.

    Overseas Pakistanis remitted about $20 billion last financial year ended June, though investors and analysts expect most or part of the nation’s financing will come from an International Monetary Fund bailout. With Pakistan a key country along its Belt and Road trade route, China has also been providing the South Asian nation with billions of dollars in stop-gap loans this year. Khan didn’t say whether he will seek a financial bailout.

    Desperate Needs
    “We will see how we can raise funds -- I will reform the national tax collection agency,” Khan said. “We are facing a shortage of dollars. Our deficits, trade gap have increased so much that we desperately want dollars.”

    Khan, who has pledged to cut government expenses and fix the state-owned companies, named former central bank Governor Ishrat Husain as an adviser on institutional reforms and austerity in his 20-member cabinet. Husain is currently the head of Karachi’s Institute of Business Administration and worked headed the State Bank of Pakistan from 1999 to 2005.

    Khan’s challenges are expected to mount as the opposition parties led by Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz clamor for a probe into allegations of election rigging and have threatened to take to the streets if their demands aren’t met.

    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ywood-s-biases

  32. #112
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    14,701
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I will never go back to Pakistan.

    Period.

    Maybe in thousands of years when doctors don't get beaten up, insulted and paid peanuts I can think about it.

    But that ain't happening so I ain't going.

    No two ways about it.


    And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

  33. #113
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    30,787
    Mentioned
    549 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saadibaba View Post
    I am an overseas Pakistani and apart from feeling bad on hearing about the problems my relatives are having back home, I have very little personal stake in Pakistan. Yes, I was born there and spent my childhood and adolescence there but when I moved, I knew I was moving for good. Now my home is in America. I feel the notion of countries and patriotism to be a bit outdated in todays global world, I feel more like a global citizen then a Pakistani if that makes any sense.

    Of course I would love to see a safe and prosperous Pakistan because of my connections to the country but I really don't find any incentive to do anything about it other than financially support some of the good charitable organizations there. Even though I am interested in and greatly admire so many things about Pakistan, there are so many other things that happen in Pakistan which I absolutely abhor. The biggest one being its people. Absolutely cannot stand a large majority of them. They can keep that country for themselves for all I care.
    With respsect you are a Pakistani who is living abroad if you spent all your childhood in Pakistan. Your accent will confirm this . Youre a Pakistani living in America not an American with a Pakistani background.

    Ive never spent No more than a few weeks in Pakistan but im here now & because i have love for the country i will do what i can now Pakistan finally has an honest leader.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  34. #114
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    75,581
    Mentioned
    4889 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by giri26 View Post

    What a fool.

    This man has been a physician in the U.S. for 10 years now and must be swimming in dollars. Why doesn't he realize that he will serve the country better if he continues to live in the U.S. and sends dollars to Pakistan to boost our foreign reserves?

    Why doesn't he join our other overseas Pakistanis, especially the ones on PP, who are settled abroad because they want to help the country by remitting dollars and pounds?

  35. #115
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    75,581
    Mentioned
    4889 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackanhyellow View Post
    OP is an entitled, spoiled child.

    Are you back in Pak from your vacation in the west?

    Here I am in the west working 50 hour weeks, and this kid can afford more vacations than me

    Not hating God gives to whom he wants, but that just goes to show how his life is in Pakistan compared to 98% of the rest of the population.

    Maybe if you werent part of the ruling elite, you would understand why some Pakistanis left searching for a better life.

    Now that we are settled here for decades, it is hard to move back.

    That doesn't mean we dont wish well for Pakistan.

    We support PTI because we believe in breaking the status quo of the feudal dynasties that ruined the country which cause us to want to move out in the first place!
    The purpose of this thread was not to hit a nerve for people like you. Let me clarify something - I have utmost respect for people who struggled to make ends meet in Pakistan and went abroad to make a living for themselves and their families. These people are heroes because nothing is more difficult in this world than earning money.

    I think people like you have mentioned your struggles in Pakistan before as well, and I respect the fact that you work for 50 hrs a week.

    However, this thread is not aimed at people like you. You would have understood that had you read the OP. There are people on this forum who claimed that the reason why they are not moving back to Pakistan is because they left Pakistan because of the corruption, nepotism etc., and if Pakistan improves, they will come back.

    Please note that this people did not say that it is hard for them to move back due to so and so reasons as you mentioned.

    Now that the dawn of Naya Pakistan is upon us, what is stopping these people? They are three possibilities:

    (1) They do not have faith in Imran Khan and their support is limited to words only.

    (2) They are waiting for people living in Pakistan to do the dirty work and make things better before they decide to come back.

    (3) They were lying.

    I know what the answer is, and it is (3). They should have been more upfront and genuine about their reasons for living abroad instead of coming up with comical justifications that have backfired badly.

  36. #116
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Lahore Lahore Aay
    Runs
    443
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Bassim View Post
    I will never go back to Pakistan.

    Period.

    Maybe in thousands of years when doctors don't get beaten up, insulted and paid peanuts I can think about it.

    But that ain't happening so I ain't going.

    No two ways about it.
    Did you become a doctor in Pakistan ? And if it was was a government medical college ?


    Aajzi k takkabbur sy bachu. (hazrat ali hajveri RA)

  37. #117
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    30,787
    Mentioned
    549 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    The purpose of this thread was not to hit a nerve for people like you. Let me clarify something - I have utmost respect for people who struggled to make ends meet in Pakistan and went abroad to make a living for themselves and their families. These people are heroes because nothing is more difficult in this world than earning money.

    I think people like you have mentioned your struggles in Pakistan before as well, and I respect the fact that you work for 50 hrs a week.

    However, this thread is not aimed at people like you. You would have understood that had you read the OP. There are people on this forum who claimed that the reason why they are not moving back to Pakistan is because they left Pakistan because of the corruption, nepotism etc., and if Pakistan improves, they will come back.

    Please note that this people did not say that it is hard for them to move back due to so and so reasons as you mentioned.

    Now that the dawn of Naya Pakistan is upon us, what is stopping these people? They are three possibilities:

    (1) They do not have faith in Imran Khan and their support is limited to words only.

    (2) They are waiting for people living in Pakistan to do the dirty work and make things better before they decide to come back.

    (3) They were lying.

    I know what the answer is, and it is (3). They should have been more upfront and genuine about their reasons for living abroad instead of coming up with comical justifications that have backfired badly.
    You dont have to neccesarily live in a country to help it. Maybe some just dont like the heat or perphaps they are car enthusiastes who like to drive fast Cars on open roads. The point is there could be all kinds of reasons for people preffering to continue living abroad.

    Isnt it more important those who live in Pakistan & dont pay taxes, start doing so now? ;)


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  38. #118
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    75,581
    Mentioned
    4889 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    You dont have to neccesarily live in a country to help it. Maybe some just dont like the heat or perphaps they are car enthusiastes who like to drive fast Cars on open roads. The point is there could be all kinds of reasons for people preffering to continue living abroad.

    Isnt it more important those who live in Pakistan & dont pay taxes, start doing so now? ;)
    Absolutely, and there is nothing wrong with that. There are a thousand of reasons of why one should live abroad (if he can) instead of living in Pakistan, but we should be open about them. Why come up with lame excuses that will backfire eventually?

    I absolutely agree that this country will not go anywhere if we all us don't pay our due taxes. I have commented on this issue many times and I have also explained why the logic that we don't pay taxes because the government is corrupt is nonsensical.

    I will copy paste my post (Dec 2017) from another thread on this topic:

    Even the most corrupt government in the world is going to spend money on roads, healthcare, education, infrastructure, defense etc. etc.

    Let's assume that our corrupt government puts 80% of the tax money in their pockets and spends only 20% on the country. In reality, they certainly spend more than 20% on the country, but for the sake of discussion, let's assume these arbitrary numbers.

    Now if our people decide that they are not going to pay taxes because our corrupt government spends only 20% of the tax money on the country, what do you think will happen?

    The government will end up spending even less on the country because the total tax money collected is going to be less.

    For example, if the Federal Board of Revenue collected PKR 2 billion in Year 1, the government is going to pocket 1.6 billion, and spend 0.4 billion on the country.

    In Year 2, let's assume that half of the people decide that since the government is corrupt, they are not going to pay their taxes.

    Hence, the Federal Board of Revenue will now collect PKR 1 billion instead of 2 billion. As a result, the government is going to pocket PKR 0.8 billion and will spend only 0.2 billion on the country, which is half of what they did in Year 1.

    Therefore, by refusing to pay taxes because of the corrupt government, people are actually making things worse and doing further damage to the country.

    The corruption of the government is not an excuse for tax evasion; it is the duty of every eligible citizen in the country to pay his/her taxes, and if every citizen in Pakistan full pays his or her taxes, there will definitely be progress in the country regardless of how corrupt the government is.

  39. #119
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    14,701
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by desirous of desire View Post
    Did you become a doctor in Pakistan ? And if it was was a government medical college ?
    Yes.

    Yes.


    And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

  40. #120
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    10,408
    Mentioned
    786 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Pakistanis living abroad permenantly need to be put in their place. You have no stake in the country and have made zero contribution to bring change.

    PTI govt. needs to stop brown-nosing these armchair supporters whose support is limited to hashtags, tweets and changing profile pictures. They don’t have the cojones to walk the talk and come back to Naya Pakistan that to pretend to care about.

    Edit: I am sorry I forgot that Pakistan would be poorer than Congo and Malawi without the billions that the overseas Pakistanis send to the country.
    It doesn't really matter how much money or remittance overseas Pakistanis make but as far as I've understood according to you, anyone who's working overseas (holding only the Pakistani nationality, while supporting his family back home) does not have any stake in the country??

  41. #121
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    23,984
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    With respsect you are a Pakistani who is living abroad if you spent all your childhood in Pakistan. Your accent will confirm this . Youre a Pakistani living in America not an American with a Pakistani background.

    Ive never spent No more than a few weeks in Pakistan but im here now & because i have love for the country i will do what i can now Pakistan finally has an honest leader.
    I always wonder about that, is it so hard to lose the freshy accent when you have spent your formative years in India or Pakistan, especially if you got your education there? Couldn't you practise an American accent and fake it until it became natural?


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  42. #122
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    35,708
    Mentioned
    1659 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    What a fool.

    This man has been a physician in the U.S. for 10 years now and must be swimming in dollars. Why doesn't he realize that he will serve the country better if he continues to live in the U.S. and sends dollars to Pakistan to boost our foreign reserves?

    Why doesn't he join our other overseas Pakistanis, especially the ones on PP, who are settled abroad because they want to help the country by remitting dollars and pounds?
    Perhaps finances and economics are not your cup of tea..... you should concentrate on your on own field and get better at measuring blood pressure and diagnosing mild fever.




    And for the record you are also living abroad. Till you pack up and move back permanently you are also an overseas Pakistani who isn't even contributing to Pakistan since you don't even send money back. I'd suggest you stop hating yourself and get off your high horse.


    #Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

  43. #123
    Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    1,885
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    We were told by overseas Pakistanis, i.e. those who have been settled abroad permanently, that they (or their parents) left Pakistan for good because of corruption, lack of accountability, lack of merit and no law & order.

    However, now that the dawn of Naya Pakistan is upon us and all these issues will be resolved, will I be wrong in giving all of you a warm welcome back to Pakistan?

    Will I be wrong in expecting that all international flights to Pakistan from all over the world will booked for the entire year, with Pakistani expatriates making a beeline for the 10 million jobs in the first year?

    All in good times.

  44. #124
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    350
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Perhaps finances and economics are not your cup of tea..... you should concentrate on your on own field and get better at measuring blood pressure and diagnosing mild fever.




    And for the record you are also living abroad. Till you pack up and move back permanently you are also an overseas Pakistani who isn't even contributing to Pakistan since you don't even send money back. I'd suggest you stop hating yourself and get off your high horse.
    Im not sure if you are the person i am referring but was it you who said he would be moving back to pakistan a few years ago?

    Im curious to know how that went. This is in no way a dig at you even if it comes across that way. Im just genuinely interested to know brother.

  45. #125
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    8,078
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    It's people like you and your background who also make the country or do you think there is something very unique about you specifically which seperated you from millions of Pakistanis who on the other hand are a homogenous group?
    I do not make the country. I am as irrelevant to Pakistan as Kanye West is to modesty. As far as being unique, I won't call myself that but I do feel that I think, feel and live my life differently than most of my fellow countrymen.


    “I am not young enough to know everything.”

    ― Oscar Wilde

  46. #126
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    8,078
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    With respsect you are a Pakistani who is living abroad if you spent all your childhood in Pakistan. Your accent will confirm this . Youre a Pakistani living in America not an American with a Pakistani background.

    Ive never spent No more than a few weeks in Pakistan but im here now & because i have love for the country i will do what i can now Pakistan finally has an honest leader.
    Not denying the fact that I am a Pakistani living abroad but I just don't feel like one. That sentiment gets even more exaggerated the more I see and spent time with other Pakistanis.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    I always wonder about that, is it so hard to lose the freshy accent when you have spent your formative years in India or Pakistan, especially if you got your education there? Couldn't you practise an American accent and fake it until it became natural?
    I despise the typical American accent. I have a more well rounded accent, some say it sounds royal, whatever that means.


    “I am not young enough to know everything.”

    ― Oscar Wilde

  47. #127
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,551
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by giri26 View Post

    Foolish and irrational behaviour.

    Either he was returning to pakistan soon and is using this stupid excuse or he is actually returning to pak because of imran throwing away his career.

  48. #128
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    2,095
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    you overseas folks should come back and live in the heat, dirt, risk, corruption like us.


    Misbah, Wahab, Junaid, Root, Williamson fan.
    T20 isn't Cricket

  49. #129
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    75,581
    Mentioned
    4889 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Perhaps finances and economics are not your cup of tea..... you should concentrate on your on own field and get better at measuring blood pressure and diagnosing mild fever.
    I agree that this country will be in the dumps without the remittance of overseas Pakistanis. That is why I am questioning this doctor who is moving back to Pakistan. It is a shame that he does not realize that he is going to help Pakistan more by sending his hard earned dollars to Pakistan, because that is the main reason why people like Syed1 etc. are living in North America.

    And for the record you are also living abroad. Till you pack up and move back permanently you are also an overseas Pakistani who isn't even contributing to Pakistan since you don't even send money back. I'd suggest you stop hating yourself and get off your high horse.
    We have been through this a thousand times. There is a world of difference in living abroad permanently along with your family and going abroad for education temporarily and living on your own. However, it appears that you are incapable of registering this distinction, so you can call my a hypocrite if you want to.

  50. #130
    Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In shah Allah, Ive personally been overseas 22 years and live in Canada presently and am one of those choosing to return, thank you for the kind words and support

  51. #131
    Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess the word Jazba would be considered correct to some, i for one am also returning after 22 years leaving all professional and financial stability to start all over again in Pakistan, some call it foolish, some think otherwise but as a 1970s child of the country Jazba was the call of the generation and most of us accomplished it overseas and now is the time more than ever to accomplish the same back home to bring some prosperity.

  52. #132
    Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sending $$$ is not the solution

  53. #133
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    5,745
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the relationship between pakistan and most of its diaspora is dangerous. it neither lets those who have left to fully leave the old country behind and integrate into their new societies, and keeps the old country nuzzling at the teet of remittances as a means of raising forex reserves.

    pakistan would do well to abolish dual citizenship in the long run once immediate economic needs are served.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •