Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Congratulations Imran Khan!

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

Both of them played safe before 25th

TalentSpotterPk: I pray PanamaLeak sink Sharif ship forever we dont want this pseudo democracy

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mian View Post
    Both of them played safe before 25th
    I don't blame them.

But I am 99.99% sure that Afridi wanted IK to win and 100% sure Shoaib is all about PTI

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhenSultansBowled View Post
    I don't blame them.

But I am 99.99% sure that Afridi wanted IK to win and 100% sure Shoaib is all about PTI
    Yep Afridi release a video msg of her daughters

TalentSpotterPk: I pray PanamaLeak sink Sharif ship forever we dont want this pseudo democracy

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhenSultansBowled View Post
    I don't blame them.

some how Shoaib will turn this in media about himself.

Agar IK hota tu mein 1000 wicket leta.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lc(100% - 2px);">

lc(100% - 2px);">

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Arham_PakFan; 26th July 2018 at 16:21.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Arham_PakFan; 26th July 2018 at 17:20.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The first page from Imran khans biography by Christopher Sandford

Name:  09700B6D-4804-406F-87D8-599B87135192.jpg
Views: 1792
Size:  17.9 KB

"Our business is our business. None of your business" - Race 3

Debut
    Jul 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My cricket hero I grew up idolizing like millions of my generation. He WILL NOT disappoint us. May God bless him a healthy long life and rule Pak for at least next 10 years leaving a healthy Pakistan to prosper. Inshallah!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The power of belief people. Philosophically speaking, its considered as one of the laws of universe that if you set goals and truly believe that you can achieve them, they will manifest into a reality. Imran khan has proved it, yet again.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    863 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Congratulations to Imran and his party

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    22 years of blood, sweat and tears. IK deserves this moment of happiness. Even his bitterest enemies should not deny him these invaluable moments. For him these days are better then when Pak won the WC in 1992.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Love that picture of Wasim and Imran.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    919 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Regardless of if you agree with his political views or not, what a fantastic role model he is with regards to hard work and dedication.

Yes he didn't come from dirt, rather from a pretty affluent family, but he could've just as easily indulged in the wealth of his family and be set for a relatively easy life. Worked hard for a cricket career along with studies, then grinded 22 years to come into power as prime minister. Faced setbacks in whatever he pursued, and finally persevered. Being told before going pro in cricket that he just doesn't have it in him to be a pacer, career stopping knee injury in the 80s after becoming a professional cricketer, the world cup, starting a political party in a land rampant with corruption, falling a few stories during his jalsa in old age but getting back on his path, etc.

I only hope that this victory isn't his last stop, and he goes full throttle in his goal to better the country just like he stuck a 100% to his other goals in life which he achieved.

I don't agree with all of his views, but as a relatively lazy personality I really look up to his insane work ethic and dedication.

Congratulations kaptaan.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post
    Regardless of if you agree with his political views or not, what a fantastic role model he is with regards to hard work and dedication.

Yes he didn't come from dirt, rather from a pretty affluent family, but he could've just as easily indulged in the wealth of his family and be set for a relatively easy life. Worked hard for a cricket career along with studies, then grinded 22 years to come into power as prime minister. Faced setbacks in whatever he pursued, and finally persevered. Being told before going pro in cricket that he just doesn't have it in him to be a pacer, career stopping knee injury in the 80s after becoming a professional cricketer, the world cup, starting a political party in a land rampant with corruption, falling a few stories during his jalsa in old age but getting back on his path, etc.

I only hope that this victory isn't his last stop, and he goes full throttle in his goal to better the country just like he stuck a 100% to his other goals in life which he achieved.

I don't agree with all of his views, but as a relatively lazy personality I really look up to his insane work ethic and dedication.

Congratulations kaptaan.
    It's important to emphasise this point because what he has done with his life in the aftermath is remarkable, no one can ever accuse Imran Khan of not paying his dues. He truly is one in a million, how many times can we say that someone who comes from that background ended up becoming the peoples champion ? a man who gives all the poor and vulnerable hope ? I can't lose hope in humanity when an Imran Khan walks this earth and many congratulations to him and the people of Pakistan.

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His speech last night made me realise just how much a person can achieve if he genuinely has the right intentions and hopes for the best. Truly one of the most dedicated and resilient person I've had the pleasure of listening to.
    On a side note, he did a good job of highlighting how many issues he has to tackle during his tenure. Only time will tell how many of these issues he will eradicate, but it's going to be interesting nonetheless.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AssassinatedDevil View Post
    His speech last night made me realise just how much a person can achieve if he genuinely has the right intentions and hopes for the best. Truly one of the most dedicated and resilient person I've had the pleasure of listening to.
    On a side note, he did a good job of highlighting how many issues he has to tackle during his tenure. Only time will tell how many of these issues he will eradicate, but it's going to be interesting nonetheless.
    As i said earlier, he will mistakes, things will go wrong at times and to the many of us that have lived this journey in our own small way, it will be painful. IA he succeeds, but turning PK around is like turning around a tanker.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    As i said earlier, he will mistakes, things will go wrong at times and to the many of us that have lived this journey in our own small way, it will be painful. IA he succeeds, but turning PK around is like turning around a tanker.
    agree, and i hope people are patient with him.

Imran is an excellent human being and i feel that his election will result in the long needed thawing of relationships between India and Pakistan.

It is about darn time that the two neighbors were a little more cordial. I know there will be the sabre rattling from the nationalists on both sides, mostly indians, but i hope imran is level headed to know that not every ejaculation deserves a name.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by captain.hansolo View Post
    agree, and i hope people are patient with him.

Imran is an excellent human being and i feel that his election will result in the long needed thawing of relationships between India and Pakistan.

It is about darn time that the two neighbors were a little more cordial. I know there will be the sabre rattling from the nationalists on both sides, mostly indians, but i hope imran is level headed to know that not every ejaculation deserves a name.
    Good post.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very well done Imran Khan
    Wish him the best of luck for many years to come

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am 40 years old and my eyes are welling up looking at these support messages.

May God bless Imran Khan with health, guidance, the right support from the right people and last but not least success.... for his success is not just his success, it will be the success of the 194 million people of Pakistan who have suffered injustices at the hands of corrupt rulers for more than half their life as a nation. May he be the messiah our people have been hoping for, May he guide our country out of turbulent times and may he steer this ship back on course to prosperity and success....

Ameen!

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post

May God bless Imran Khan with health, guidance, the right support from the right people and last but not least success.... for his success is not just his success, it will be the success of the 194 million people of Pakistan who have suffered injustices at the hands of corrupt rulers for more than half their life as a nation. May he be the messiah our people have been hoping for, May he guide our country out of turbulent times and may he steer this ship back on course to prosperity and success....

Ameen!
    Wow very well said!!
    Eloquently expresses what I myself and what millions of others are feeling right now.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I'm so happy to see Imran Khan becoming the new Prime minister, may Allah protect him from envious eyes and give him good health. I hope he finishes his term fully though and doesn't get into any trouble. In addition to this, I really do hope he manages to bring Pakistan and India closer as brothers.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Almost pleasantly surprised by the general feeling around the election result. I remember a few years back Imran Khan not being in the best of positions politically and a lot of the media turning on him. Not really a follower of Pakistani politics, but I hope it's a positive result that benefits Pakistan in the long term.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I havent met my Noora friends since the election, it will be interesting to see if they have same goodwill as most neutral people have towards him atm.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I havent met my Noora friends since the election, it will be interesting to see if they have same goodwill as most neutral people have towards him atm.
    I can send you to some noora twitter accounts some of them are planning to some how stop IK from being PM by making Bilawal the PM in a coalition govt others are bashing the army and a few are cursing shobaz the common thing between them is all of them are tagging Maryam

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I can send you to some noora twitter accounts some of them are planning to some how stop IK from being PM by making Bilawal the PM in a coalition govt others are bashing the army and a few are cursing shobaz the common thing between them is all of them are tagging Maryam
    Let them do their best. And the falling out between SS and Maryams fans is good for destroying this family/mafia business.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just don't get these type of people. Can they point out one thing in Imran's plan for the country that they disagree with and why. And explain what better stuff their beloved leader will bring to the table.

Are they against a crouption free society, or good relationships with neighboring countries or do they just don't want the poor part of the society to be empowered?

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirris View Post
    I just don't get these type of people. Can they point out one thing in Imran's plan for the country that they disagree with and why. And explain what better stuff their beloved leader will bring to the table.

Are they against a crouption free society, or good relationships with neighboring countries or do they just don't want the poor part of the society to be empowered?
    Their only problem is the mindset they think only Sharifs deserve to be the ruling party and if Sharif say these exact words like Imran they will start signing

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69 View Post
    Wow very well said!!
    Eloquently expresses what I myself and what millions of others are feeling right now.
    He was and will always be our skipper! Salute!

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post

Ameen!
    Ameen..

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be little kind to them and don't rub it in.. I can feel how they would be feeling.. 2013 is still fresh in my mind..

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just genuinely hope that he remains fit mentally and physically for his tenure and his health doesn't degrade too much. He is in his mid 60s now but the man has put up with some extremely tough situations in his life, so here's hoping that he leads the country with the same enthusiasm and energy. Besides, Trump is in his 70s and he seems to be "leading", so kaptaan should be fine too

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I just genuinely hope that he remains fit mentally and physically for his tenure and his health doesn't degrade too much. He is in his mid 60s now but the man has put up with some extremely tough situations in his life, so here's hoping that he leads the country with the same enthusiasm and energy. Besides, Trump is in his 70s and he seems to be "leading", so kaptaan should be fine too
    Trump leads by eating burgers and watching Fox.

Debut
    Sep 2007
    Venue
    Unknown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done Mr. Khan.

Hope you eradicate the mess.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When will IK take oath as PM?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Well down to Imran Khan and all PTI supporters, two decades of struggle by Imran did not go to waste!!!

Also so thrilled that it was Karachi that delivered the mandate to PTI! Without Karachi, it would have been a coalition government for sure.

ďIt is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.Ē
    ― Imran Khan

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May Allah SWT open their eyes. Ameen.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imran Khan Ted Talk, if you could watch only ONE video ,,,,

Last edited by Abdullah719; 27th July 2018 at 10:35.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2565 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Mubarak ho Pakistaniyon, tabdeeli aa gayi hai. Imran's never say die attitude has reaped him great rewards.

The day we were all waiting for is finally here

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing is sure, cricket will come back Pakistan very quickly now. Teams getting assurances from country's PM

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best thing happened to Pakistan in my life time.
    The most inspirational Pakistani leader in my life time.

This man never got anything easy, but he achieved everything with sheer hard work and determination.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read a tweet from Jemima in today's paper where she said something like the challenge is to remember why you joined politics. Must rank as the most relevant and meaningful thing among all the congratulations he's received.

No doubt his training through a long cricket career helped him in his dogged will to survive and keep rising back. It is an amazing story though.

Good luck to him. The challenge though is to even meet 50% of the expectations of people. It's going to be hard as is always the case when people vote in someone radically new whom they blindly believe in. It's always easy to disappoint this type of a voter.

You can never count him out though. Hope he stays safe, in decent health and has a couple of good runs.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pillionrider View Post
    I read a tweet from Jemima in today's paper where she said something like the challenge is to remember why you joined politics. Must rank as the most relevant and meaningful thing among all the congratulations he's received.

No doubt his training through a long cricket career helped him in his dogged will to survive and keep rising back. It is an amazing story though.

Good luck to him. The challenge though is to even meet 50% of the expectations of people. It's going to be hard as is always the case when people vote in someone radically new whom they blindly believe in. It's always easy to disappoint this type of a voter.

You can never count him out though. Hope he stays safe, in decent health and has a couple of good runs.
    Thanks, wonderful post, agree with you 100%.

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Congrulations to Imran Khan and all his supporters. Although I was not his supporter, mainly because of Army hand, but He had historic victory in this election. There is some level of excitement to see a new leader emerge after Bhuttos, I hope he succeeds!!

I genuine donít mind supporting any political leader, once you win election, you should call the shots...that is the spirit of democracy.

IK was one of the two most popular leaders of country, itís not like Tarik Labak won that I should be upset. I am kind of happy that Mulvis and Jeep parties lost. In last three elections people have given mandiate to main stream parties and not to fringe elements, which is sign of maturity, although there is that iron hand that is always there, well you cannot get rid of it in one shot, it will take time. But they had there share of rejection in those election as well. Like Jon Snow, every time civilian power transfers, itís a blow to Military a bit, imagine how hard will be for them after 5/6 election, next gen will not be used to their rule, thatís why itís a slow process.

party and policy does not matter, they will get better over time. There policies will be driven by what people want.

My fundamental problem is with Army, that is going on for 4 decades, they are calling shots, itís Army who is making all key policy decisions. That is not changing, no matter who wins...This wishy washy democracy is detrimental to society and country. It will never take roots. True spirit of democracy does not exists at the moment.

Now all bucks should stop at IK, not Bajawa, thatís the whole point. Wish him all the best, I hope he keep Army off the politics. Couple of more elections, Army will be weaken on political front. People have to understand, Armyís job is to execute the vision of politicians not the other way around.

I am kind of liking another aspect of this election, feel like left is reviving, there is lot of PPP and left I see in PTI, PTI is more like PPP of 80s than typical ML, there crowd is more like what PPP used to have. PTI also got mandiate all over the country, much like PPP, when they used to win. Actually itís the death of Benezir they paved the way for IK, after that PPP did not had that crasmatic leader, many of them flonk to PPP... IK also talk a lot of welfare state model, which is again a left ideology.

Letís see how he pans out, there are lot of expectations and we are in big mess, also history of Pakistan is that no incumbent has ever won election (Amry or no Army it will be hard). Best of Luck to Mr IK!!

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Arham_PakFan; 27th July 2018 at 10:18.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pakistan will prosper under Imran Khan: Sarfraz Ahmed

KARACHI : Pakistan captain Sarfraz Ahmed has backed Imran Khan to change the fortunes of the country after World Cup winner’s political party, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf, found success in the recent elections in Pakistan.

Sarfraz congratulated the former skipper for his brilliant show in the elections and has said that Pakistan will find success under the leadership of the 65-year-old.

“Imran Khan is a great leader and it is exactly his brilliant leadership that allowed Pakistan to lift the World Cup in 1992 and I hope that, under his leadership, Pakistan can be successful,” said Sarfraz in an interview with Daily Express.

Apart from Sarfraz, many other greats of the game and of other sports also congratulated Imran on his success and backed him to do well for the country.

“I would like to congratulate Imran Khan on his victory,” said the Asian Bradman and former International Cricket Council (ICC) Chairman Zaheer Abbas. “He has made the nation proud in the world of cricket and the world has praised him for his leadership skills. I wish him all the success in the future and hope that he can help improve Pakistan’s economy as well as other problems faced by the people of the country. I also hope that Pakistan cricket also benefits from him becoming the Prime Minister.”

Meanwhile, the legends of hockey, former captain Olympian Samiullah Khan, Olympian Hanif Khan, Olympian Islahuddin Siddiqui, Olympian Shehnaz Sheikh, Olympian Abdul Waheed Khan, Olympian Shahid Ali Khan, Olympian Nasir Ali, Olympian Farhat Khan and Olympian Manzoor Sr have also congratulated Imran on his victory.

Another legend of the country, Jahangir Khan, has termed Imran’s victory as ‘outstanding’ and has said that it is heartening to see a sportsman becoming a Prime Minister of the country.

“Imran’s victory is outstanding. It is great to see a sportsman become the Prime Minister of Pakistan and I hope that he can help improve various sports in the country,” he said.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1767467...sarfraz-ahmed/

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did Shoaib Akhtar post that with #followshabi and #shoaibakhtar hashtags?

[QUOTE=Mamoon;9742871]Don't see us ascending from 7th/6th in the near future. 5-0 in England and South Africa awaits us, we will be lucky to even draw one match. [/QUOTE]

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Mamoon;9742871]Don't see us ascending from 7th/6th in the near future. 5-0 in England and South Africa awaits us, we will be lucky to even draw one match. [/QUOTE]

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)

De ja vu !!
    @Markhor remember this interview he did with sky ? what a man, 22 years later his views haven't changed and he emphasises the same rhetoric, finally the relentlessness and hard work pay off

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post

De ja vu !!
    @Markhor remember this interview he did with sky ? what a man, 22 years later his views haven't changed and he emphasises the same rhetoric, finally the relentlessness and hard work pay off
    The man and his views are still same after 22 years! The lady commenting on his religious awakening is Jugnu Mohsin the wife of Najam Sethi.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    The man and his views are still same after 22 years! The lady commenting on his religious awakening is Jugnu Mohsin the wife of Najam Sethi.
    I knew she was dodgy before she even uttered a word but damn! it's a small world ai! One thing which I never knew before was how Imran Khan was blacklisted throughout the 90s by Pakistani media, in particular he was a ghost in the 92 WC win and ads for his cancer hospital were banned by Benazir Bhutto. Even back then politicians were seriously threatened by IK.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Sethi's wife was bitter back even then.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    I knew she was dodgy before she even uttered a word but damn! it's a small world ai! One thing which I never knew before was how Imran Khan was blacklisted throughout the 90s by Pakistani media, in particular he was a ghost in the 92 WC win and ads for his cancer hospital were banned by Benazir Bhutto. Even back then politicians were seriously threatened by IK.
    Sethi's wife was bitter back even then.
    IK was never in the good books of Sethi and his wife. Read Sethi piece on Khan from 92 WC when Pakistan was losing he thought he got an opportunity bash him lol only to eat humble pie later http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...1992-World-Cup

Benazir and Nawaz both were insecure because of Khan popularity back in 90s even in last 5 years Nawaz made sure not just PTV but also PTV Sport blacklist everything related to Khan.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 27th July 2018 at 23:17.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope he gets reelected in 2023, the Khan era needs to span 10 years to make any real impact.

"Be the best version of yourself"

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imran Khan also deserves great credit for making yesterday's speech in Urdu not English. This very important aspect has been overlooked by most people. International news channels who covered his victory speech were forced to hire translators for a change. No need to speak English all the time when most in the country are Urdu speakers. This is called self respect, pride and dignity where outsiders are forced to make amendments if they want to understand his speech.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KARACHI: Many of sports’ legendary figures in Pakistan have expressed hope that the graph of cricket, hockey, squash and other sports could see a significant rise and revival in the tenure of former cricket captain-turned-politician Imran Khan who will be taking over as the new prime minister in the next few days after his party Tehreek-e-Insaaf swept a majority of seats in the polls held earlier this week.

“He [Imran] has a very broad vision and I strongly believe that under him, not only cricket and hockey will flourish but all the other sports as well,” said Pakistan’s legendary hockey captain Islahuddin Siddiqui here on Friday.

He added that it has been a great achievement for the sports community that one of its greatest players is all set to lead the country and could bring Pakistan sports out of the current state of crisis.

Islahuddin, who led Pakistan to World Cup glory in 1978 and to many other world titles in his impressive career, congratulated Imran over his victory in the general elections. “I wish Imran all the best in his tenure as the country’s PM,” he said.

Another legendary player, the ‘Unsquashable’ Jahangir Khan said that he is not only hoping a turnaround in sports but in all aspects of the country under Imran.

“I feel confident and hope the country will be brought on the right track under Imran in all aspects including including sports,” said Jahangir who won the British Open squash for a record 10 times besides hundreds of other major titles in his illustrious career.

He said that not only Imran but his entire team in the PTI have a great vision to bring the country back on track. “I wish Imran the very best for his tenure in the governments,” he said.

Imran’s former team-mate Javed Miandad, who is among the greatest batsmen ever to have played the game, also backed Imran and said: “He [Imran] is a well-educated man and is fully capable of giving this nation a definite direction.

“I am confident that Imran will not only work to boost sports but will do well in governance.”

Miandad went on to add: “I haven’t known anyone who has so many interests in lfe and excels in them. He [Imran] would go for mountaineering and had many friends who were writers and authors. He is a very knowledgeable man and I feel that if anyone has the merit to run Pakistan, it is none other than Imran Khan.”

Miandad, however, added that Imran has been a changed man since his mother died of cancer. “Establishing a cancer hospital like Shaukat Khanum was not an easy job by any means. But he accomplished the impossible task and is doing great service to the country through his hsopital.

“I have played with him [Imran] and nobody knows him better than me,” said Miandad. “He has always played for Pakistan and I can give you many examples of his patriotism and sincerity with his country.

“All of us wish Imran the very best in his plans and for his five-year tenure as the PM,” he concluded.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1423395/le...der-imran-khan

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Truly believe Imran can take Pakistan to new heights, India's Navjot Singh Sidhu says

Former Indian cricketer and television personality Najvot Singh Sidhu on Saturday was all praise for Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan.

Sidhu who was talking to an Indian news channel said that “I truly believe he can take them [Pakistan] to new heights”.

“The most important thing is that he’s a good person and that’s a rare quality,” Sidhu said. “He’s got a pure soul,” he added.

“He brings people together, the same way he’s brought the Pakistani society together,” the former cricketer said about the party chief.

“He’s also got that passion, look at the wonders an extraordinary captain like him did to an ordinary Pakistan team back in 1992,” while referring to the Pakistan cricket team’s only World cup win.

Yesterday, Kapil Dev, another Indian cricketer congratulated Khan on the big achievement.

“Winning a World Cup is one thing but leading a nation is a completely different ball game all together,” he said.

Dev went on to say, “To be honest his [Imran’s] achievements in cricket pale in comparison to leading a country.”

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1768459...gh-sidhu-says/

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by enkidu_ View Post

Look at the height of Lucman now imagine him standing with Asad Umar

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Nottignham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    so is thr any statistics on who voted, how may people voted - which was the biggest voter age group - which age groups voted for which party

TGK 237.1 owner

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    From an out an out faster bowler, to a military medium pace even at this age. Hats off!

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    884 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Congrats to Immy bhai.

What an amazing journey from a cricketer to a PM.

Not sure how I feel about this guy but this is an incredible achievement.

I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Last edited by Abdullah719; 30th July 2018 at 15:01.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ian Chappell Column: Good On You, Immy!

As a cricketer, Imran Khan was a tough competitor and when facing him you knew you were in for a contest. I played against him mostly during World Series Cricket (WSC) from 1977 to 1979, after a brief encounter in Australia's opening contest of the 1975 World Cup. In the intervening period, Imran graduated from a medium-fast bowler into a speedster with the ability to swing the ball late. As a faster bowler he wasn't afraid to dig the ball in short and test the batsman's desire to play horizontal bat shots.

In the first World Series Cricket day/night encounter at the football stadium in Melbourne, he let me have a short delivery that I despatched to the mid-wicket boundary. As I jogged to the non-striker's end, I mentioned to Imran: "That's what will happen if you continue to bowl that rubbish." His head whirled around and in that deeply resonating voice he growled; "We'll see about that." The next bouncer, which followed immediately, was a few kmph faster and whistled past my ear as I took evasive action. I decided when it came to Imran it might be advisable to keep my thoughts to myself.

Superb in Sydney

Imran was one of the stars of World Series Cricket and established himself as a fine fast bowler — no mean feat amongst a plethora of highly talented quickies. He'd already foreshadowed this potential at the Sydney Cricket Ground in 1976-77 playing for Pakistan against Australia. Imran produced a glittering performance to take 12 for 165 in the match, to help Pakistan to their first away victory over Australia and easily trump Dennis Lillee's five wickets.

Having developed a taste for success in Australia, Imran returned as captain in 1991-92 and guided Pakistan to their famous World Cup victory over England at the Melbourne Cricket Ground. He displayed his leadership skills during that tournament when a stumbling Pakistan arrived at the Western Australia Cricket Association ground to play Australia, needing victory to remain a viable challenger in the tournament. In typically unpredictable Imran fashion he arrived at the toss that day wearing a tiger emblazoned on his T-shirt instead of the official Pakistan top. When I asked him the significance of the T-shirt he replied; "I've asked my team to play like cornered tigers today."

And play like tigers they did in that match and for the remainder of the tournament to clinch the trophy. As Imran spoke while holding the trophy aloft, he alluded to the building of a cancer hospital in Lahore on the back of the impetus this triumph would create in Pakistan. In addition to displaying all the qualities of a great leader he'd also shown he possessed a social conscience after having enjoyed a privileged upbringing.

Social conscience

In 1996, prior to the World Cup final in Lahore, I had the pleasure of an Imran-guided tour of the cancer hospital built in memory of his much-loved mother. I did so in the presence of Dr Borys Mascarenhas, a noted surgeon in the USA and he was impressed with the hospital in general and in particular, the presence of the latest high-tech equipment. On that tour of the hospital it was obvious Imran wasn't going to slip quietly into the background and bask in the glory of his many cricketing achievements.

However, I must admit to some surprise when he announced he was going to enter politics with a view to becoming Prime Minister of Pakistan. Having witnessed first-hand his great leadership qualities and highly competitive nature, I didn't doubt his ability to succeed but just wondered if a fractured political system would allow him to achieve his lofty ambitions. My other concern was that in such a volatile environment he would be putting his life in extreme danger.

As a highly successful cricket captain Imran built his reputation as a leader who thrived on the toughest challenges. He often used a quote, "A man is judged by the quality of his opponents" and under his leadership, Pakistan were the best performing opponent of the mighty West Indies sides of that period. As captain he achieved the rare distinction of uniting the Pakistan team, which so often performed like a skilled rabble. If he can achieve the same success as Prime Minister, Pakistan and the rest of the world will be eternally grateful.

https://www.mid-day.com/articles/ian...-immy/19650190

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    919 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Humayun Saeed's response is the best. People of the country have to take action and change as well, it takes more than 1 person at the helm to progress an entire nation of millions.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Musharaff once again shutting the Indian media up. The guy has time and time again effectively highlighted the hypocricy of the indian media. First it was Arnab "rabbit ears" Goswammi, and now it's Rajdeep Sardesai. Both absolutely despicable human beings.
    Last edited by AssassinatedDevil; 31st July 2018 at 11:03.