Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1082 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1082 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AssassinatedDevil View Post
    Musharaff once again shutting the Indian media up. The guy has time and time again effectively highlighted the hypocricy of the indian media. First it was Arnab "rabbit ears" Goswammi, and now it's Rajdeep Sardesai. Both absolutely despicable human beings.
    Arnab is a loud mouth aunty who would yell and yell and yell to prove his wrong point correct.

He is someone who would use patriotism when he is proven wrong, a perfect example would Rishi Kapoor's interview where he asked him "Do you not love India'? lol

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Imran Khan receives congratulatory phone call from Turkey's Erdogan

Following the election results that have brought Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf in the lead to form government, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has congratulated the incoming premier Imran Khan on his victory.

According to state TV, the Turkish head of state had phoned in the would-be prime minister to offer his felicitations as Khan preps up to get hold of the office

Furthermore, Erdogan offered his well wishes to Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf and expressed hope for the future government.

It was further revealed that the two leaders acknowledged new and improved relations between their countries, now that Pakistan is getting ready to establish a new government.

The president went on to convey great hospitality and expressed gratitude for the laudatory exchange of words.
    https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/34...urkeys-erdogan

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AssassinatedDevil View Post
    Rajdeep deserves anything he gets but genocide against Muslims in India?

Haven't followed the Imran-Musharraf relationship, but last I knew they couldn't stand each other. What changed?

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

Aapki he kami thi hafeez bhai. Good to see Waqar visiting IK too

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice gesture from Viv saheb. Only thing is no one should ask him to do such a thing

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

KAPTAAN not Captaaan

Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Don't see us ascending from 7th/6th in the near future. 5-0 in England and South Africa awaits us, we will be lucky to even draw one match.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1082 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Indo-Pak relations will improve with Imran Khan as premier: Wasim Bari

Former Pakistan captain Wasim Bari is hopeful that the country’s relation with India will improve with Imran Khan as its Prime Minister.

Bari — who played 81 Tests and 51 ODIs for Pakistan — congratulated Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan after his party dominated the recently concluded general elections. He added that Khan’s likeable personality will play a pivotal role in improving Indo-Pak relations.

“I would like to congratulate Imran Khan on his victory,” Bari said while talking to Express News. “I’m hopeful that Indo-Pak relations will improve with him as premier because of his good reputation globally.”
    Bari also appreciated the gesture shown by PTI to invite former Indian cricketers and showbiz stars for Khan’s oath-taking ceremony.

“The arrival of Khan’s friends from across the border will portray a soft image of Pakistan,” said Bari.

Bari further stated that Khan will deliver in accordance with the expectations of the nation in the same manner as his illustrious cricketing career.

“Everyone is aware of the fact that Khan is a man filled with confidence and I’m hopeful that he will repay the trust placed in him by the people of Pakistan, just like he did in cricket,” he said.

Khan’s party emerged as the single largest in the National Assembly in the 2018 General Elections held on July 25 and is expected to be sworn in as the next Prime Minister on August 11.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1771993...er-wasim-bari/

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1082 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jahangir Khan also visited Bani Gala today

TalentSpotterPk: I pray PanamaLeak sink Sharif ship forever we dont want this pseudo democracy

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1512 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Belated Congrats from a life long fan.

I always knew he was born with a special blessings of being an achiever - some people do get things as they command; there are talented & hard working people, but not everyone become successful. But, this I never thought I'll see in his life time - he is almost 66. In a 3rd world country with very little electoral education among majority voters and in general family/legacy dominated politics, for someone making his way up from bottom to top in 2 decades is probably unique of it's kind. Surely, surely this gentleman has to be the greatest Pakistani living - his success as PM can elevate him above even QeA MA Jinnah. I can recall sometimes in 1996, when Imran lost his first MNA election.

Probably, he could have been a dummy PM long back had he sold his dignity to Gen. Musharraf, that's Imran Khan - stubborn, uncompromising, proud to the level of arrogance, but a great leader and human being - extremely gifted, hardworking, charismatic, patriotic and honest to the core. Among all his qualities, I always praised two - the greatest competitor I have ever seen in any sports filed; you can crash Imran to death, but you won't beat him till last drop of blood left and a true leader who would call a spade as spade & dice as dice, he won't be unjust to his players. Not the most naturally gifted cricket captains ever, but he knew his team, their strengths/weaknesses and how to bring best out of his players - that's the greatest quality of a motivational leader, his players would have died for him.

I wish good luck to Khan and hope this brings a change to Pakistan as a nation (And, would expect better words from him for Bangladesh & it's people as PAK' PM in future).
    Last edited by hadi123; 2nd August 2018 at 19:19.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Japanese Ambassador Takashi Kurai on Friday visited Banigala to call on Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf Chairman Imran Khan to congratulate him on his party's performance in the general elections.

Ambassador Kurai also discussed matters of bilateral interest with the PTI chairman.

Apart from the Japanese ambassador, the British envoy and other foreign dignitaries have also visited the PTI chief in recent days.

The envoys of China, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates have all called on the PTI chairman since his party emerged as the winner of the July 25 polls.

Besides, India's Prime Minister Narendra Modi had also telephoned Imran Khan to congratulate him over his party's victory, saying that India was "ready to enter a new era of relations with Pakistan", according to a PTI statement.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1424712/ja...nigala-meeting

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mian View Post

The guy on the right of the picture is Haleem Adil Sheikh.He’s the father of a friend of mine and I’ve met him many times.He’s senior executive Vice President of PTI Sindh.He’s won a seat from PS-99 Karachi East.

Really pleasant man.He’s very active in Karachi.Joined after quitting PML-Q.I hope he does good work in Karachi.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    The guy on the right of the picture is Haleem Adil Sheikh.He’s the father of a friend of mine and I’ve met him many times.He’s senior executive Vice President of PTI Sindh.He’s won a seat from PS-99 Karachi East.

Really pleasant man.He’s very active in Karachi.Joined after quitting PML-Q.I hope he does good work in Karachi.
    He is a really active guy and gave PTI Sindh a big boost when he joined PTI i n2015 afetr leaving PMLQ.

TalentSpotterPk: I pray PanamaLeak sink Sharif ship forever we dont want this pseudo democracy

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    384 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mian View Post

Perhaps two of the best sportsmen produced by Pakistan are sitting right there.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenstorm View Post
    Perhaps two of the best sportsmen produced by Pakistan are sitting right there.
    Yep Jahangir is there in the list of top 3 greatest ever.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1640 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    By Mohinder Amarnath

The first time I met Imran Khan was on the field, during India’s tour of Pakistan in 1978-79. The two countries had met to play a series after 17 long years! The first things I noticed about this six-foot Pathan were his aggression, passion, commitment, and self-confidence. Not to mention his long locks and fearsome run-up. And, fearsome he was, because I got hit by a vicious bouncer from him and had to be stretchered off!

It was a high-profile, sensitive series played in the shadow of the 1971 war. It was always going to be a hard-fought one, and hostilities towards us were high—from players and spectators. It was not less than a war. Imran played it hard, but I appreciate his gesture of coming over to shake hands and say “well played” after I did well in the final Test.

Over the years, as we played each other more often, the relationship between the teams improved. By the time the 1982-83 series came along, both sides were more relaxed with each other. There was less sledging and aggression, and the interaction between players was cordial, as was the reception from the supporters. The more we played, the better we got to know each other, both on and off the field.

I was spared much of the [earlier] hostility, mostly because I was Punjabi. The fact that my father played all of his cricket in Pakistan helped, too. I was treated differently, like I was one of them. I was never sledged or abused, but some of my teammates suffered. Knowing I came from the same background, most of the Pakistan players, Imran included, spoke to me in Punjabi.

What I liked about Imran, the cricketer, was the way he led from the front. As captain, he would perform and work harder than anyone else, setting an example for the boys. Basically, he was a trendsetter for Pakistani cricket. He had a very good 1982-83 series, and his passion was there for all to see. As was mine. He and I were more or less on the same ‘war’ footing on the field. There was no compromising on the field. Off it, though, we would have friendly discussions.

Rarely would we get an opportunity to meet outside a series, because we could not visit each others’ countries frequently. But, I did meet him in London in the early 1990s at a concert he had organised to raise funds for the cancer hospital he was building in memory of his mother Shaukat Khanum. That was another passion of his that he has succeeded in fulfilling.

Imran was pretty much loved and liked wherever he went, not least by the Indian public. Cricket lovers enjoyed watching him in action, and could not help but admire his passion. He was very popular, especially with the ladies! I have been witness to this: whenever we were at a party, the suave Mr Khan would make a late entrance—intentionally, of course.

As soon as he appeared at the door, everything would stop and the focus would shift to him.

Imran is one of those guys who likes to be the “captain” and likes to control things. All his hard work in politics has paid off, and he is now going to be the prime minister. This will be one of the most challenging tests of his career. It is not as simple as dealing with 11 guys on the field. Here, there are different people and parties, different scenarios and policies. I wish him all the best.

He is very passionate about his country and people, and I am sure he will do a lot of good. I am hoping his becoming the PM will be a good thing for Pakistan, and also for relations with India. I would love to see peace at the border. The challenge will be how well he tackles this issue.

https://www.theweek.in/theweek/cover...endsetter.html
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 4th August 2018 at 15:00.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Belated Congrats from a life long fan.

I always knew he was born with a special blessings of being an achiever - some people do get things as they command; there are talented & hard working people, but not everyone become successful. But, this I never thought I'll see in his life time - he is almost 66. In a 3rd world country with very little electoral education among majority voters and in general family/legacy dominated politics, for someone making his way up from bottom to top in 2 decades is probably unique of it's kind. Surely, surely this gentleman has to be the greatest Pakistani living - his success as PM can elevate him above even QeA MA Jinnah. I can recall sometimes in 1996, when Imran lost his first MNA election.

Probably, he could have been a dummy PM long back had he sold his dignity to Gen. Musharraf, that's Imran Khan - stubborn, uncompromising, proud to the level of arrogance, but a great leader and human being - extremely gifted, hardworking, charismatic, patriotic and honest to the core. Among all his qualities, I always praised two - the greatest competitor I have ever seen in any sports filed; you can crash Imran to death, but you won't beat him till last drop of blood left and a true leader who would call a spade as spade & dice as dice, he won't be unjust to his players. Not the most naturally gifted cricket captains ever, but he knew his team, their strengths/weaknesses and how to bring best out of his players - that's the greatest quality of a motivational leader, his players would have died for him.

I wish good luck to Khan and hope this brings a change to Pakistan as a nation (And, would expect better words from him for Bangladesh & it's people as PAK' PM in future).
    Thanks dear for describing my life time hero in suc a great way. I hope he does well for pak Bangladesh relationship.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1640 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    ISLAMABAD: The Indian High Commissioner Ajay Bisaria called on Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf chairperson Imran Khan and congratulated him on electoral success.

Bisari met with Imran at PTI chief's residence in Bani Gala.

The two discussed a range of issues and prospects of India-Pakistan relationships. Moreover, the high commissioner also gifted a bat to Imran—who is expected to become country's next prime minister—which had been autographed by the entire Indian cricket team.

Indian Deputy High Commissioner JP Singh also attended the meeting

Imran Khan will take oath as prime minister on August 18, Senator Faisal Javed said earlier in the day.

Indian High Commissioner presenting a bat signed by the Indian cricket teak to Imran Khan. Photo: Twitter
    PTI chairman Imran Khan, whose party secured 116 general seats in the National Assembly in the July 25 polls, is set to become the country’s next prime minister.

Faisal Javed also confirmed that three former Indian cricketers Kapil Dev, Novjot Singh Sidhu, Sunil Gavaskar had been invited to Imran Khan's oath-taking ceremony.

A range of dignitaries from different countries have met Imran at his residence and congratulated him on the electoral success.

The acting Ambassador of the United States to Pakistan, John Hoover had also called on prime minister-in-waiting and PTI Chairman Imran Khan at latter’s Bani Gala residence in Islamabad.

The US Ambassador congratulated Imran Khan over the victory of his party in elections 2018.

Imran Khan and Hoover had exchanged views on Pak-US relations and matters of mutual interest.

The US envoy expressed willingness to improve relations between Pakistan and the United States.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/206939-ind...ctoral-success

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Former Pakistan Test and ODI captain Waqar Younis believes that Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan and his team will do what is best for the country.

Speaking to Geo News, Younis welcomed the change and expressed hopes of a better future for Pakistan.

The 46-year-old said there were a lot of areas that needed improvement in cricket and other industries, and that Imran was aware of the challenges facing the sports landscape.

“The good thing is Imran has played cricket and that also top-level cricket. No one is a better judge of it than him. He has been thinking about changes in the sport for a long time," said Younis.

The former coach pointed out Imran had always been talking about making changes in the domestic circuit, to have fewer teams, better playing conditions, better cricket stadiums and a better standard of cricket overall.

On his meeting with his former captain at his Bani Gala residence after the PTI won the July 25 election, Younis said, “It was our responsibility to meet him and give him hope. We discussed a number of things at the meeting which will hopefully bring improvements.”

https://www.geo.tv/latest/207150-imr...y-waqar-younis

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ISLAMABAD: Saudi king Salman bin Abdulaziz congratulated Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf Chief Imran Khan on his win in the General Election 2018, an Al-Arabiya report said on Sunday.

The report said that the Saudi king, in his message, expressed good wishes for PTI Chairman Imran Khan on behalf of the Saudi government and public.

The Saudi king also extended good will for the development and welfare of the people of Pakistan.

Meanwhile, Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad Bin Salman also wished Imran Khan for being Pakistan’s upcoming prime minister.

Saudi Ambassador to Pakistan met with Imran Khan at Bani Gala on July 27 — shortly after his party emerged victorious in the General Elections 2018.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/207199-sau...n-election-win