Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal_103 View Post
    people need to realize IK has the best interest for the country. He is not in it to benefit himself. I believe that he wants to genuinely make Pakistan better so I will always support him over the self serving alternatives.
    It is understandable that an uneducated population don't understand the nuances of economic policy but if they vote for the same crooks that caused the bankruptcy, then they have no sympathy from me. The Kaptaan is dealing with the mafia, it is not even a surprise that a new crisis is cooked up every week and the media mafia are then used to create the supposed crisis to create panic.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2026 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeedhk View Post
    More often than not, whoever wins Punjab, ends up forming the government. Yes, there is Pakistan outside of Punjab but the gist of my post was that the PTI has lost a lot support from Punjab. Perhaps, I touched a raw nerve.

I suggest not to stay in a bubble where everybody in the country is singing Khan’s praises.
    You didn't touch any nerve you just fail to realize that a seat won from Punjab is equal to a seat won from KPK, Sindh or Baluchistan. PTI has far reaching support in all provinces while PML-N is a regional party and only people in Central Punjab support them.

So if you take into account the seat count from all over Pakistan and not just Punjab then even today PTI will be the single largest party.
    Last edited by The Viper; 24th February 2020 at 04:17.

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeedhk View Post
    More often than not, whoever wins Punjab, ends up forming the government. Yes, there is Pakistan outside of Punjab but the gist of my post was that the PTI has lost a lot support from Punjab. Perhaps, I touched a raw nerve.

I suggest not to stay in a bubble where everybody in the country is singing Khan’s praises.
    Bro you must not forget a few things:
    - Elections are still over 3 years away (in normal circumstances) and lot will change from now till then; inflation will come down even if it means more subsidies just like PMLN manages for full 5 years. If PTI wanted to manage it like PMLN, it was quite easy. Increase subsidies and keep inflation low but borrow more to pay for subsidies which eventually brings us on brink of default (which happened when PTI took over).
    - What you call Punjab actually means Central Punjab. South Punjab was PTI stronghold and i can guarantee PTI won't lose this part of Punjab anytime soon. I won't be surprised if South Punjab becomes separate province just before next elections; trust me lot of work is happening in South to make up for the neglect over the years by Shahbaz.
    - North Punjab again will just be like South Punjab; PTI stronghold.
    - Central Punjab is like Rural Sindh, they will keep on voting PMLN for some time but still they are more likely to move away from PMLN than rural Sindh from PPP.

Other than Punjab, i hope PTI does something for Karachiites by whatever method. People won't care about 18th amendment and PPP if PTI cant find an alternative way to improve situation in Khi. Having said that, they won't vote for PMLN or PPP so PTI will still be strong fighting against MQM.

KPK will most definitely remain with PTI and if anything ex FATA region will increase PTI seat count. Balochistan will remain more or less same.

We just hope that PTI gets 5 years uninterrupted and they will be set for another term. The biggest challenge will be to form government in Punjab (especially if South becomes separate province).

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2026 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ya Allah please grant patwaris some sabar o tahammul they will need alot of it in the coming years

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2026 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Immy this is not cool yaar.... Patwaris have been hoping and praying with baited breaths for you to fail and here you are setting the economy up for take. Please have a little bit of rahem on these patwaris.

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Did someone watch the clip of PMLN's most educated Khaqan Abbasi?

He literally said "We only left 2 issues Current Account Deficit" and "Fiscal Deficit", at least we had 5.6% growth that makes up for Current Account Deficit and Fiscal deficit.

Now this man is best brain PMLN produced, he doesn't believe $20Billion Current Account Deficit is big issue (or fiscal deficit for that matter) as long as you continue with Import lead growth.....Tax collection and exports were all time low during PMLN government. They were banking on duties collected from imports and even spent $20Billion to keep Dollar value on Rs100.

I simply can't believe there are people who defend these clowns....I am no expert on Economy but surely countries can't survive on duties collected from imports without exports or tax collection??

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waseem View Post
    Did someone watch the clip of PMLN's most educated Khaqan Abbasi?

He literally said "We only left 2 issues Current Account Deficit" and "Fiscal Deficit", at least we had 5.6% growth that makes up for Current Account Deficit and Fiscal deficit.

Now this man is best brain PMLN produced, he doesn't believe $20Billion Current Account Deficit is big issue (or fiscal deficit for that matter) as long as you continue with Import lead growth.....Tax collection and exports were all time low during PMLN government. They were banking on duties collected from imports and even spent $20Billion to keep Dollar value on Rs100.

I simply can't believe there are people who defend these clowns....I am no expert on Economy but surely countries can't survive on duties collected from imports without exports or tax collection??
    @Mamoon- your favourite term "Current Account Deficit" that you dont understand. Are these the guys you think are competent? These morons have destroyed the economy and done lasting structural damage. It will take years to undue.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prices of all fruits and vegetables doubled, the poor finding it impossible to buy fruits at extravagant prices, and poor people still not getting anything which they voted for. Sad that this is still the best party in Pakistan, but nothing can change until army allows it. Imran is a narcissistic winner, but he still tries to do something good, but is blocked by debts of the country and establishment politics

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Venue
    HK/Sydney/KL/Monaco..Home is Attock Distt, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Patwari's are struggling big time LOL

Alone we are Pathan, Punjabi, Sindhi and Balochi...together we are Pakistan

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by corneredtiger85292 View Post
    Patwari's are struggling big time LOL
    Nawaz will return and turn pakistan into Dubai overnight..then everyone will be happy..i mean the utopia he left behind was in the top 6 economies in the world and this Khan whiner has destroyed everything..

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    Nawaz will return and turn pakistan into Dubai overnight..then everyone will be happy..i mean the utopia he left behind was in the top 6 economies in the world and this Khan whiner has destroyed everything..
    So the pitch from PTI is that it's as bad as it was under Nawaz. Then why shouldn't we vote for someone who stood up to the army that surrendered in 1971.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InziRules View Post
    So the pitch from PTI is that it's as bad as it was under Nawaz. Then why shouldn't we vote for someone who stood up to the army that surrendered in 1971.
    Who stood up to the army?

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The country was bankrupt when IK took over, it borrowed money to grow, most of the money fuelled import led growth and caused structural damage to the economy, this is money it cant pay back. NS and his party bankrupted PK, they have admitted as much. They hid the truth by using Foreign currency that we had borrowed( over 10 years $64bn was borrowed) to keep subsidising things to avoid the voter backlash. IK has taken the tough decisions that NS never had the balls to take.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    The country was bankrupt when IK took over, it borrowed money to grow, most of the money fuelled import led growth and caused structural damage to the economy, this is money it cant pay back. NS and his party bankrupted PK, they have admitted as much. They hid the truth by using Foreign currency that we had borrowed( over 10 years $64bn was borrowed) to keep subsidising things to avoid the voter backlash. IK has taken the tough decisions that NS never had the balls to take.
    No one cares about a country's debt other than people who don't understand economics. You can always print more money to pay debt.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    No one cares about a country's debt other than people who don't understand economics. You can always print more money to pay debt.
    Yes thats true, except in a country like PK it just leads to more inflation. The inflation hurts the poor and the salaried, the rich dont lose as much because Assets go up in value. IK may lose the election and we also know that no Noora has the understanding( you know the idiots that thought the current Account deficit was funny) or a desire to debate policy because outside Borrowing Billions and stealing they had no policy.NS destroyed the PK economy and i dare anyone to say that isnt the case.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You’re kidding right?

I’m no economist but I’m pretty sure printing more money leads to hyperinflation and makes prices skyrocket.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    https://www.economicshelp.org/blog/6...rinting-money/

and this ladies and gentlemen is why a noon voter should simply be ignored in the ultimate scheme of things. If the aforementioned comment is the best you have got then no wonder the country went bankrupt.

The PTI hasnt come out and said it quite explicitly but IK has said it in a few interviews. The country was bankrupt. No paisa.

Now the PTI arent geniuses either but at least they have a plan and a strategy. Lets let them try their best in the next few years. If they can put Pakistan on a structurally sound basis financially and economically, in a few years it wont really matter who pakistanis vote for as long as the economy begins to grow.

I would prefer they completely destroy the old parties and we get some good new counter weights to the PTI so that the country can also achieve a civilised political discourse too.

At this moment in time the PTI are miles ahead in vision and strategy than any of the other backward jahil parties..

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6597 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    PTI’s only strategy is to fool the public and show “sabz baagh”.

A party of jokers that will bring nothing but ruin to Pakistan.

Nevertheless, this too shall pass. The military selected them on trial basis. This nightmare will be over soon.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    PTI’s only strategy is to fool the public and show “sabz baagh”.

A party of jokers that will bring nothing but ruin to Pakistan.

Nevertheless, this too shall pass. The military selected them on trial basis. This nightmare will be over soon.
    Nothing except some glib rubbish as usual. Why don't you grow a pair and debate economic policy. What are you scared off?

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.economicshelp.org/blog/6...rinting-money/

and this ladies and gentlemen is why a noon voter should simply be ignored in the ultimate scheme of things. If the aforementioned comment is the best you have got then no wonder the country went bankrupt.

The PTI hasnt come out and said it quite explicitly but IK has said it in a few interviews. The country was bankrupt. No paisa.

Now the PTI arent geniuses either but at least they have a plan and a strategy. Lets let them try their best in the next few years. If they can put Pakistan on a structurally sound basis financially and economically, in a few years it wont really matter who pakistanis vote for as long as the economy begins to grow.

I would prefer they completely destroy the old parties and we get some good new counter weights to the PTI so that the country can also achieve a civilised political discourse too.

At this moment in time the PTI are miles ahead in vision and strategy than any of the other backward jahil parties..
    The UK does the same. It's called quantitative easing....

Obviously, your lack of economic knowledge is obvious, which is evident by you voting for PTI and the Army which betrayed the Quaid

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Obviously, your lack of economic knowledge is obvious, which is evident by you voting for PTI and the Army which betrayed the Quaid
    Are you saying that if PK printed money it wouldnt cause hyper inflation and can you give your reasons.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you saying that if PK printed money it wouldnt cause hyper inflation and can you give your reasons.
    It would only cause inflation if you only printed money to pay debt. If you printed money for infrastructure development, while also maintaining a healthy balance of payments, it won't result in hyperinflation. There are many studies on this topic.

What PTI have done instead is go the austerity route which slows down the economy. It's still a better approach than what Noon did, I won't argue on that point

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    It would only cause inflation if you only printed money to pay debt. If you printed money for infrastructure development, while also maintaining a healthy balance of payments, it won't result in hyperinflation. There are many studies on this topic.

What PTI have done instead is go the austerity route which slows down the economy. It's still a better approach than what Noon did, I won't argue on that point
    You have discovered something, I have not heard about in my time studying economics. Forget about Keynes, Friedman et Al. Your theory should be taught to the whole world. All you need is a printing machine, and you solved the problem that has baffled the best brains.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have discovered something, I have not heard about in my time studying economics. Forget about Keynes, Friedman et Al. Your theory should be taught to the whole world. All you need is a printing machine, and you solved the problem that has baffled the best brains.
    https://www.investopedia.com/terms/q...ive-easing.asp

Obviously we won't print money ***

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The value of the money in any economy must be tied to either resources or gross domestic product. Adding more 'printed' money simply increases the amount of money in the economy, but the economy has the same value and therefore all money is worth less.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    You solved the world's problem. Thanks I never knew it was so easy.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal_103 View Post
    The value of the money in any economy must be tied to either resources or gross domestic product. Adding more 'printed' money simply increases the amount of money in the economy, but the economy has the same value and therefore all money is worth less.
    No, this guy has solved a problem that economists have grappled with for centuries. Adam Smith eat your heart out.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2026 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Damn I didn't know it was so easy to solve world poverty and hunger, just print more money! Who would have thought the solution was right infront of us and we all missed it.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    809 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Damn I didn't know it was so easy to solve world poverty and hunger, just print more money! Who would have thought the solution was right infront of us and we all missed it.
    LMAO

Savage Syed bhai

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This would be true if Keynes was right and economies suffered from "demand deficiency". Printing money and handing it out, or simply increasing government spending could all lead to an increase in economic activity. Of course, there would be a limit to that benefit.

This would be false if "Rational Expectations" of Bob Lucas etc. was true, then all printing money would accomplish would be inflation.

Policy makers tend to believe that Keynes rather than Lucas is correct, within limits and certainly in the short run. Also, for a government already deep in debt, and with inflation high, it would be harder to make this work.
    Last edited by Napa; 7th March 2020 at 13:57.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    This would be true if Keynes was right and economies suffered from "demand deficiency". Printing money and handing it out, or simply increasing government spending could all lead to an increase in economic activity. Of course, there would be a limit to that benefit.

This would be false if "Rational Expectations" of Bob Lucas etc. was true, then all printing money would accomplish would be inflation.

Policy makers tend to believe that Keynes rather than Lucas is correct, within limits and certainly in the short run. Also, for a government already deep in debt, and with inflation high, it would be harder to make this work.
    Printing money, and running deficits are one and the same thing. Printing money involves issuing government IOUs in the form of paper cash. Running deficits financed by debt (Treasuries for the US) involves issuing government IOUs in the form of debt certificates. The US has been running huge deficits for a very long time now.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Well it is. We have a new paradigm based around a Printing machine.

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lol i never knew it was this easy, just print the money

Now i do believe IK doesn't know anything and obviously his Economic advisors didn't know this trick either. Quaid must be rolling in his grave how his sole follower has all the solutions to economic problems but no one cares about the country. I reckon you can make billions selling this brilliant idea to developing countries

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Lol i never knew it was this easy, just print the money

Now i do believe IK doesn't know anything and obviously his Economic advisors didn't know this trick either. Quaid must be rolling in his grave how his sole follower has all the solutions to economic problems but no one cares about the country. I reckon you can make billions selling this brilliant idea to developing countries
    He already has, Bob Mugabe brought it, and Zimbabwe was quite literally rolling in money for a while. Lol

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PTI destroying economy as usual, loser PTI

As usual, PTI destroying the economy

Name:  89070061_2567749103333956_1628099463417430016_n.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  39.7 KB

Before them, we had this situation
    https://www.melangemagazine.biz/pml-...nomic-revival/

Pakistan’s economy continued to pick up in Fiscal Year 2015 as economic reform progressed and security improved. Inflation significantly markedly declined, and the current deficit narrowed with favorable prices for oil and other commodities.

Despite global headwinds, the outlook is for continued moderate growth as structural and macroeconomic reform deepens. Persistence will be required to overcome longstanding structural impediments to investment and enable faster growth.

Due to prudent economic policies and use of 100 percent development funds this year the government has achieved a GDP growth rate of 4.7 percent which was the highest in the past eight years.

Government in the outgoing fiscal year budget 2015-16 fixed the GDP growth target of 5.5 percent but due to less growth in the agriculture sector and losses in the cotton production the growth rate was reduced to 4.7 percent.

When the government came into power in 2013 Pakistan was facing multiple challenges including security, energy and economy. Energy crisis was so severe that there was load shedding of 18 to 20 hours daily and the industries were not getting electricity and economy was in bad shape.

Due to shortage of electricity the economic growth rate was stagnant and the conditions of social sectors including health and education were in poor condition. Due to this situation in 2013, Pakistan was considered as low growth country and budget deficit reached 9 percent of the GDP as a result Pakistan was considered as unattractive investment destination and the security situation was also very poor.

After coming into power the government took a number of initiatives to stabilise and reform the economy. Due to the efforts of the government major economic indicators were improving and economy was performing well now. Pakistan of today 2016 is far better than in 2013 and now it is gradually progressing. The economy was now on the take off stage and would further improve.

The National Economic Council in its meeting held the other day has fixed GDP growth rate target of 5.7 percent for the forthcoming budget 2016-17. Keeping in view of improving economy, the government would be able to achieve the target of 5.7 percent.

The government would give special attention to the agriculture sector and provide relief to farmers in the agricultural inputs in order to reduce their cost of production to boost agriculture production and save them from the international commodities prices crash.

The government in the budget would also take steps for revival of the industrial sector to boost exports for the benefit of the country. In the year 2017-18 10,000 MW electricity would be added in the national grid. Universities funding would be enhanced from Rs20 billion to Rs24 billion during the financial year 2016-17 while the funding for Higher Education Commission(HEC) would also increase from Rs20 billion to Rs21 billion bedsides establishing universities in Fata, Balochistan and Gilgit-Baltistan. Every district campuses of universities would be established to provide higher education to the youth of the country on their doorsteps. In next 10 years the number of PhDs would be increased from 350 in 2010 to 10,000 under US-Pak Knowledge Corridor in the country.

Highlighting the Public Sector Development Programme (PSDP) 2016-17, Rs655 billion have been allocated as compared to Rs580 billion earmarked in the outgoing financial year 2015-16.

The government had earmarked Rs1675billion in the forthcoming budget for the development schemes under the Public Sector Development Programme (PSDP) for the year 2016-17. Out of the total allocation Rs875 billion have been earmarked for the provinces.

Rs468 billion were allocated for infrastructure including Rs157 billion for power, Rs260 billion for transport and communications, Rs33billion for water, Rs18 billion for Physical Planning and Housing.

Out of Rs89 billion allocated for social sector Rs29 billion were earmarked for education including Higher Education Commission (HEC), Rs30 billion for health and population, Rs20 billion for Sustainable Development Goals Programme and Rs10 billion for other social sectors.

Rs9 billion were allocated for science and IT, Rs8 billion for governance, Rs42 billion for special areas including AJK, Fata and Gilgit-Baltistan respectively. Out of Rs4 billion for production, Rs2 billion each were earmarked for industries and food and agriculture sectors.

Rs28 billion were earmarked for special federal development programme under PSDP. The minister said development projects worth US $30 billion out of $46 billion to be initiated under CPEC framework across the country had become live.

The financing of these projects either completed or in the process of completion. It was unprecedented that a piece of paper Memorandum of Understanding was converted into portfolio of $46 billion within short span of time.

Different early harvest energy projects were being completed to meet electricity shortage and informed that mining at Thar Coal site had been started. The electricity generation would start from Thar coal in 2018-19 adding.

Thar coal deposit would be sufficient for next 400 years if 5,000 MW per annum electricity is generated from Thar coal. Pak-China leadership and people of both the brotherly countries had complete faith in CPEC and they had expressed unflinching resolve to complete the project within stipulated time.

niversary in the National Assembly: the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) completed its third parliamentary year, the first time the milestone has been achieved by a Nawaz Sharif-led federal government.

Even though the ruling party has been in power twice before and that too with a heavy mandate, its stint was ended prematurely both times, ostensibly on account of a showdown with the military establishment.

Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) government while pursuing public friendly policies, had made massive achievements in three years since it came into power. During the period, the PML-N launched a number of development projects and there was no case of corruption in these public welfare projects, he said talking to a private news channel.

When PML-N came into power in 2013, the country was facing major issues including energy crises, law and order situation and terrorism, the incumbent government took concrete measures and achieved maximum results to tackle all these.

The PML-N government in leadership of Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif took bold steps by launching operation Zrab-e-Azb and Karachi operation to get the soil free of criminals and outlaws. The government started many power projects and reduced electricity load-shedding from 18 hours to 6 to 8 hours a day and it would be reduced further. Zero-load-shedding of gas for industrial had boosted country’s industry.

China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) was a mega development project and it would usher the country into a new era of progress and prosperity. Masses had elected PML-N for a five years’ term and the government would continue to serve them till completion of its constitutional term.

Despite all the confrontation and bad blood, there is a consensus at the moment among political forces across the spectrum that they will not support undemocratic moves. God willing, the PML-N will also complete five years in power.

This year, things were looking up for the government: The China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) was in vogue and a rare period of smooth civil-military relations appeared to have emerged.

The nation was greatly relieved that an experienced PML-N team headed by a pragmatic businessman would quickly put the economy on the road of economic growth that had eluded the rather incompetent and corrupt management of the PPP government.

Economic growth is the cornerstone of employment generation for the youth of the country, who were hoping for a big leap forward in employment opportunities and prosperity. Unfortunately, after lapse of three years the promised growth and prosperity has not materialised.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Pakistan’s economy continued to pick up in Fiscal Year 2015 as economic reform progressed and security improved. Inflation significantly markedly declined, and the current deficit narrowed with favorable prices for oil and other commodities.

Despite global headwinds, the outlook is for continued moderate growth as structural and macroeconomic reform deepens. Persistence will be required to overcome longstanding structural impediments to investment and enable faster growth.

Due to prudent economic policies and use of 100 percent development funds this year the government has achieved a GDP growth rate of 4.7 percent which was the highest in the past eight years.

Government in the outgoing fiscal year budget 2015-16 fixed the GDP growth target of 5.5 percent but due to less growth in the agriculture sector and losses in the cotton production the growth rate was reduced to 4.7 percent.

When the government came into power in 2013 Pakistan was facing multiple challenges including security, energy and economy. Energy crisis was so severe that there was load shedding of 18 to 20 hours daily and the industries were not getting electricity and economy was in bad shape.

Due to shortage of electricity the economic growth rate was stagnant and the conditions of social sectors including health and education were in poor condition. Due to this situation in 2013, Pakistan was considered as low growth country and budget deficit reached 9 percent of the GDP as a result Pakistan was considered as unattractive investment destination and the security situation was also very poor.

After coming into power the government took a number of initiatives to stabilise and reform the economy. Due to the efforts of the government major economic indicators were improving and economy was performing well now. Pakistan of today 2016 is far better than in 2013 and now it is gradually progressing. The economy was now on the take off stage and would further improve.

The National Economic Council in its meeting held the other day has fixed GDP growth rate target of 5.7 percent for the forthcoming budget 2016-17. Keeping in view of improving economy, the government would be able to achieve the target of 5.7 percent.

The government would give special attention to the agriculture sector and provide relief to farmers in the agricultural inputs in order to reduce their cost of production to boost agriculture production and save them from the international commodities prices crash.

The government in the budget would also take steps for revival of the industrial sector to boost exports for the benefit of the country. In the year 2017-18 10,000 MW electricity would be added in the national grid. Universities funding would be enhanced from Rs20 billion to Rs24 billion during the financial year 2016-17 while the funding for Higher Education Commission(HEC) would also increase from Rs20 billion to Rs21 billion bedsides establishing universities in Fata, Balochistan and Gilgit-Baltistan. Every district campuses of universities would be established to provide higher education to the youth of the country on their doorsteps. In next 10 years the number of PhDs would be increased from 350 in 2010 to 10,000 under US-Pak Knowledge Corridor in the country.

Highlighting the Public Sector Development Programme (PSDP) 2016-17, Rs655 billion have been allocated as compared to Rs580 billion earmarked in the outgoing financial year 2015-16.

The government had earmarked Rs1675billion in the forthcoming budget for the development schemes under the Public Sector Development Programme (PSDP) for the year 2016-17. Out of the total allocation Rs875 billion have been earmarked for the provinces.

Rs468 billion were allocated for infrastructure including Rs157 billion for power, Rs260 billion for transport and communications, Rs33billion for water, Rs18 billion for Physical Planning and Housing.

Out of Rs89 billion allocated for social sector Rs29 billion were earmarked for education including Higher Education Commission (HEC), Rs30 billion for health and population, Rs20 billion for Sustainable Development Goals Programme and Rs10 billion for other social sectors.

Rs9 billion were allocated for science and IT, Rs8 billion for governance, Rs42 billion for special areas including AJK, Fata and Gilgit-Baltistan respectively. Out of Rs4 billion for production, Rs2 billion each were earmarked for industries and food and agriculture sectors.

Rs28 billion were earmarked for special federal development programme under PSDP. The minister said development projects worth US $30 billion out of $46 billion to be initiated under CPEC framework across the country had become live.

The financing of these projects either completed or in the process of completion. It was unprecedented that a piece of paper Memorandum of Understanding was converted into portfolio of $46 billion within short span of time.

Different early harvest energy projects were being completed to meet electricity shortage and informed that mining at Thar Coal site had been started. The electricity generation would start from Thar coal in 2018-19 adding.

Thar coal deposit would be sufficient for next 400 years if 5,000 MW per annum electricity is generated from Thar coal. Pak-China leadership and people of both the brotherly countries had complete faith in CPEC and they had expressed unflinching resolve to complete the project within stipulated time.

niversary in the National Assembly: the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) completed its third parliamentary year, the first time the milestone has been achieved by a Nawaz Sharif-led federal government.

Even though the ruling party has been in power twice before and that too with a heavy mandate, its stint was ended prematurely both times, ostensibly on account of a showdown with the military establishment.

Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) government while pursuing public friendly policies, had made massive achievements in three years since it came into power. During the period, the PML-N launched a number of development projects and there was no case of corruption in these public welfare projects, he said talking to a private news channel.

When PML-N came into power in 2013, the country was facing major issues including energy crises, law and order situation and terrorism, the incumbent government took concrete measures and achieved maximum results to tackle all these.

The PML-N government in leadership of Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif took bold steps by launching operation Zrab-e-Azb and Karachi operation to get the soil free of criminals and outlaws. The government started many power projects and reduced electricity load-shedding from 18 hours to 6 to 8 hours a day and it would be reduced further. Zero-load-shedding of gas for industrial had boosted country’s industry.

China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) was a mega development project and it would usher the country into a new era of progress and prosperity. Masses had elected PML-N for a five years’ term and the government would continue to serve them till completion of its constitutional term.

Despite all the confrontation and bad blood, there is a consensus at the moment among political forces across the spectrum that they will not support undemocratic moves. God willing, the PML-N will also complete five years in power.

This year, things were looking up for the government: The China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) was in vogue and a rare period of smooth civil-military relations appeared to have emerged.

The nation was greatly relieved that an experienced PML-N team headed by a pragmatic businessman would quickly put the economy on the road of economic growth that had eluded the rather incompetent and corrupt management of the PPP government.

Economic growth is the cornerstone of employment generation for the youth of the country, who were hoping for a big leap forward in employment opportunities and prosperity. Unfortunately, after lapse of three years the promised growth and prosperity has not materialised.
    It didn't take long before your Noora DNA showed through
    Go and buy a Printing machine and solve the Worlds problem. Lol

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6597 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)

Beautiful post.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Beautiful post.
    So do you agree with Miftah or Dar on economic policy, do you agree with Abbasi that the 2 biggest issues for the economy were left by Nooras. How do you think the Bop of crisis was going to be solved when exports had dropped to 24bn and how do you finance the current account deficit. Do you think that import fuelled growth is a good thing for the economy and is it sustainable? And where do you get the Foreign exchange to fund it. Come on you jumped on this article but let's see you grow a pair or are you going to look for any news that you can find, then post and run.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Beautiful post.
    Btw your friend didn't post the date for the article. Maybe you can actually read the article and tell us how old this article is. Lol @Syed1 @Waseem @Mamoon is not even reading the articles before praising them.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Life for the common man in Pakistan is becoming more miserable with each passing day because of rising inflation and economic turmoil. Perhaps delusion and rhetoric can convince Prime Minister Imran Khan’s blind followers that everything is fine in the country, but this does not change the fact that his poor decisions and misplaced governance have worsened the economic woes of Pakistan. Here is a brief summary of the performance of the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) government’s 13 months of rule.

The economy
    Since Khan took charge of the government, the economy has gone into shambles. The decision to devalue the Pakistani rupee against the US dollar resulted in a heavier foreign-debt burden, inflation and price hikes, and then the PTI government’s inability to decide whether or not to seek an International Monetary Fund (IMF) bailout package resulted in uncertainty in the country.

In the first fiscal year of PTI rule, Pakistan’s debt and liabilities surged from 29.88 trillion rupees to 40 trillion rupees (US$255 billion). This means PTI added 11 trillion rupees (more than $70 billion) to the public debt in one year. In contrast, the previous government of the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) in five years added far less to the debt.

PTI borrowed a whopping $16 billion in foreign loans in just one year. This is the highest amount of foreign loans taken in a single year by any government in Pakistan.

However, despite taking in loans and aid, the PTI government has not been able to provide relief to the masses. Also, the stock market continues to witness a bloodbath despite the PTI government giving a bailout package to the big stockbrokers.

The increase in debt and liabilities and the devaluation of the currency have left the masses at the mercy of inflation and soaring prices of everyday commodities like sugar, vegetables, and poultry. Not to mention the huge rise in utility bills. The agreement with the IMF on unrealistic terms and conditions that included a rapid increase in tax collection also shattered the confidence of investors and the business community.

Auto industry, real estate in decline
    The overall economic condition has affected many business sectors in the country, but two of the main sectors bearing the brunt of the unsuccessful policies of PTI are the auto industry and real estate.

First, the imposition of property tax slowed sales and purchases in the real-estate sector, and then the income tax on business almost crushed the small and medium-size real-estate companies and brokers. However, big real-estate corporations like Bahria Town and the Defense Housing Authority continue to grow because they are the products of influential individuals and institutions.

Meanwhile, the auto industry is in deep crisis. It recorded a year-on-year decline of 50% in car sales in July. The devaluation of the currency led to higher car prices at the same time as inflation weakened the purchasing power of potential customers. Auto companies such as Honda and Indus Motor Company (Toyota assemblers) have started to fire their staff. In July, Honda shut its plant for 12 days, while Indus Motor reduced production to five days a week. This resulted in the loss of jobs for thousands of workers associated with the auto industry in Pakistan.

Inflation and unemployment on the rise
    In August, the inflation rate in Pakistan was recorded at 11.63%. That was the highest inflation rate since May 2012 when the Pakistan Peoples Party was governing the country. The rising inflation and stagnant business activities are increasing the unemployment rate. PTI came into power on the promise of providing 10 million jobs to the masses, but so far it has only been able to reduce the employment rate instead of increasing it.

Education sector funding decreased
    One of PTI’s main campaign promises was to bring in reforms for the education and health sectors. However, contrary to its claims, PTI while presenting its first budget decreased the allocations of funds for education by 2o.5%. The higher-education budget was also reduced and Pakistan became the country that spends the lowest percentage of its gross domestic product in the region on that sector, at 2.4%.

Weakening government institutions
    In a bid to settle scores with its political opponents, PTI has used state institutions like the National Accountability Bureau, the Anti Narcotics Force and the judiciary. As a result, these institutions became weaker and now they have lost their credibility in the eyes of a large segment of the masses.

Pakistan Railways, which was put back on its feet by the PML-N government, was under PTI left at the mercy of incapable and inefficient ministers like Sheikh Rasheed Ahmad, who instead of doing his job as railway minister loves to get media attention and threaten India with a nuclear attack. The same is the case with such institutions as the police, where political influence and nepotism have been used to appoint and transfer high officials.

Rise in state-sanctioned crime
    PTI promised to deliver justice to everyone. However, in reality, since PTI took charge extrajudicial killings and arrests have been on the rise. From the Sahiwal massacre to the recent killing of a mentally unstable man, the PTI government has shown no intent to bring the culprits to justice.

Then there has been a massive crackdown on political opponents, many of whom are sitting behind bars without any charge against them being proven in a court of law.

Curbs on freedom of expression
    The PTI government invented a new way to curb freedom of expression and to control the mainstream media. Dissenting journalists were forced to quit their jobs as PTI first stopped paying for government advertisements, and then gradually persuaded the owners of TV stations not to show the true pictures of the results of its miserable governance. Since PTI had the backing of the powers that be, the media were controlled easily, and most of the time PTI does not face the criticism that was faced by its predecessors.

Dissent is considered a crime by the PTI regime and it has successfully propagated through the media the premise that whoever disagrees with government polices is a traitor or is taking bribes from the opposition parties or from foreign spy agencies.

https://asiatimes.com/2019/09/a-brie...nths-in-power/
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 8th March 2020 at 21:04.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imran Khan is doing exactly what he said he would do.

"I repeat the reforms are painful ... It's like a surgery. When you conduct surgery for a while, the patient suffers, but that improves," Khan said.

"The worst thing that can happen for society is that you keep postponing reforms because of the fear that you would have opposition, the vested interests stand up and you don't do reforms."

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/...160531703.html

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Life for the common man in Pakistan is becoming more miserable with each passing day because of rising inflation and economic turmoil. Perhaps delusion and rhetoric can convince Prime Minister Imran Khan’s blind followers that everything is fine in the country, but this does not change the fact that his poor decisions and misplaced governance have worsened the economic woes of Pakistan. Here is a brief summary of the performance of the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) government’s 13 months of rule.

The economy
    Since Khan took charge of the government, the economy has gone into shambles. The decision to devalue the Pakistani rupee against the US dollar resulted in a heavier foreign-debt burden, inflation and price hikes, and then the PTI government’s inability to decide whether or not to seek an International Monetary Fund (IMF) bailout package resulted in uncertainty in the country.

In the first fiscal year of PTI rule, Pakistan’s debt and liabilities surged from 29.88 trillion rupees to 40 trillion rupees (US$255 billion). This means PTI added 11 trillion rupees (more than $70 billion) to the public debt in one year. In contrast, the previous government of the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) in five years added far less to the debt.

PTI borrowed a whopping $16 billion in foreign loans in just one year. This is the highest amount of foreign loans taken in a single year by any government in Pakistan.

However, despite taking in loans and aid, the PTI government has not been able to provide relief to the masses. Also, the stock market continues to witness a bloodbath despite the PTI government giving a bailout package to the big stockbrokers.

The increase in debt and liabilities and the devaluation of the currency have left the masses at the mercy of inflation and soaring prices of everyday commodities like sugar, vegetables, and poultry. Not to mention the huge rise in utility bills. The agreement with the IMF on unrealistic terms and conditions that included a rapid increase in tax collection also shattered the confidence of investors and the business community.

Auto industry, real estate in decline
    The overall economic condition has affected many business sectors in the country, but two of the main sectors bearing the brunt of the unsuccessful policies of PTI are the auto industry and real estate.

First, the imposition of property tax slowed sales and purchases in the real-estate sector, and then the income tax on business almost crushed the small and medium-size real-estate companies and brokers. However, big real-estate corporations like Bahria Town and the Defense Housing Authority continue to grow because they are the products of influential individuals and institutions.

Meanwhile, the auto industry is in deep crisis. It recorded a year-on-year decline of 50% in car sales in July. The devaluation of the currency led to higher car prices at the same time as inflation weakened the purchasing power of potential customers. Auto companies such as Honda and Indus Motor Company (Toyota assemblers) have started to fire their staff. In July, Honda shut its plant for 12 days, while Indus Motor reduced production to five days a week. This resulted in the loss of jobs for thousands of workers associated with the auto industry in Pakistan.

Inflation and unemployment on the rise
    In August, the inflation rate in Pakistan was recorded at 11.63%. That was the highest inflation rate since May 2012 when the Pakistan Peoples Party was governing the country. The rising inflation and stagnant business activities are increasing the unemployment rate. PTI came into power on the promise of providing 10 million jobs to the masses, but so far it has only been able to reduce the employment rate instead of increasing it.

Education sector funding decreased
    One of PTI’s main campaign promises was to bring in reforms for the education and health sectors. However, contrary to its claims, PTI while presenting its first budget decreased the allocations of funds for education by 2o.5%. The higher-education budget was also reduced and Pakistan became the country that spends the lowest percentage of its gross domestic product in the region on that sector, at 2.4%.

Weakening government institutions
    In a bid to settle scores with its political opponents, PTI has used state institutions like the National Accountability Bureau, the Anti Narcotics Force and the judiciary. As a result, these institutions became weaker and now they have lost their credibility in the eyes of a large segment of the masses.

Pakistan Railways, which was put back on its feet by the PML-N government, was under PTI left at the mercy of incapable and inefficient ministers like Sheikh Rasheed Ahmad, who instead of doing his job as railway minister loves to get media attention and threaten India with a nuclear attack. The same is the case with such institutions as the police, where political influence and nepotism have been used to appoint and transfer high officials.

Rise in state-sanctioned crime
    PTI promised to deliver justice to everyone. However, in reality, since PTI took charge extrajudicial killings and arrests have been on the rise. From the Sahiwal massacre to the recent killing of a mentally unstable man, the PTI government has shown no intent to bring the culprits to justice.

Then there has been a massive crackdown on political opponents, many of whom are sitting behind bars without any charge against them being proven in a court of law.

Curbs on freedom of expression
    The PTI government invented a new way to curb freedom of expression and to control the mainstream media. Dissenting journalists were forced to quit their jobs as PTI first stopped paying for government advertisements, and then gradually persuaded the owners of TV stations not to show the true pictures of the results of its miserable governance. Since PTI had the backing of the powers that be, the media were controlled easily, and most of the time PTI does not face the criticism that was faced by its predecessors.

Dissent is considered a crime by the PTI regime and it has successfully propagated through the media the premise that whoever disagrees with government polices is a traitor or is taking bribes from the opposition parties or from foreign spy agencies.

https://asiatimes.com/2019/09/a-brie...nths-in-power/
    So as the writer says the PTI took too long to decide about IMF but why did they need to go to the IMF? What was the need to go to the IMF, when the Nooras left PK in such a wonderful state.
    So I pose the same questions to you that I did to @Mamoon. Do agree with Miftah or Dar on exchange rate policy, so you think spending at least $6bn of Foreign exchange reserves was justified, what impact did this have on Exports and Imports, do you agree with Abbasi that the 2 biggest issues for the economy were left by Nooras. How do you think the Bop of crisis was going to be solved when exports had dropped to 24bn and how do you finance the current account deficit. Do you think that import fuelled growth is a good thing for the economy and is it sustainable? And where do you get the Foreign exchange to fund it.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6597 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gharib Aadmi View Post
    Imran Khan is doing exactly what he said he would do.

"I repeat the reforms are painful ... It's like a surgery. When you conduct surgery for a while, the patient suffers, but that improves," Khan said.

"The worst thing that can happen for society is that you keep postponing reforms because of the fear that you would have opposition, the vested interests stand up and you don't do reforms."

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/...160531703.html
    Except this time, the patient is going to die a slow, painful death because the surgeon is an incompetent and inexperienced charlatan.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Except this time, the patient is going to die a slow, painful death because the surgeon is an incompetent and inexperienced charlatan.
    Very well said

Also:

https://tribune.com.pk/story/342104/...ys-imran-khan/

Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), once in power, will end corruption in 19 days and terrorism in 90 days, said PTI Chairman Imran Khan on Sunday.

Khan was speaking at a PTI organized energy seminar titled `Energy: From Crisis to Solutions’.

Speaking on governance, if PTI came into power, he said that his party would not be dependent on the bureaucracy nor would it “waste time listening to their suggestions.”
    Referring to the many crises faced by Pakistan, Khan said it was not necessary that a political leadership could not achieve what former president Pervez Musharraf had failed to accomplish, in terms of resolving the crises.

“PTI will come to power along with policies to address all problems.”

‘Energy crisis needs long term strategy’

Khan said that the energy crisis would need a long term strategy as it was very important for the smooth progress of the country.

Khan said that for resolving the energy crisis there was a need to introduce autonomous bodies in this regard, reiterating that it was very important to resolve the energy crisis as it was affecting industries as well as people.

Other present at the seminar included PTI leaders Jehangir Khan Tareen, Makhdoom Javed Hashmi, Dr Arif Alvi and energy experts.

The seminar was part of an effort by PTI to suggest solutions for the ongoing energy crisis.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6597 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Imran Khan is the type of surgeon who leaves surgical scissors and towels inside a patient.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Imran Khan is the type of surgeon who leaves surgical scissors and towels inside a patient.
    I am waiting for reply. When are you going to grow a pair and answer these simple questions. Surely they are not difficult to answer.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Very well said

Also:

https://tribune.com.pk/story/342104/...ys-imran-khan/

Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), once in power, will end corruption in 19 days and terrorism in 90 days, said PTI Chairman Imran Khan on Sunday.

Khan was speaking at a PTI organized energy seminar titled `Energy: From Crisis to Solutions’.

Speaking on governance, if PTI came into power, he said that his party would not be dependent on the bureaucracy nor would it “waste time listening to their suggestions.”
    Referring to the many crises faced by Pakistan, Khan said it was not necessary that a political leadership could not achieve what former president Pervez Musharraf had failed to accomplish, in terms of resolving the crises.

“PTI will come to power along with policies to address all problems.”

‘Energy crisis needs long term strategy’

Khan said that the energy crisis would need a long term strategy as it was very important for the smooth progress of the country.

Khan said that for resolving the energy crisis there was a need to introduce autonomous bodies in this regard, reiterating that it was very important to resolve the energy crisis as it was affecting industries as well as people.

Other present at the seminar included PTI leaders Jehangir Khan Tareen, Makhdoom Javed Hashmi, Dr Arif Alvi and energy experts.

The seminar was part of an effort by PTI to suggest solutions for the ongoing energy crisis.
    When are you going to answer my questions. We don't want printing machines, we need answers.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When are you going to answer my questions. We don't want printing machines, we need answers.
    I don't need to answer a man who doesn't even live in the Jannat of a PTI government

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Unlike some on here Who would leave the patients and post on some random forum and lie about it.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I don't need to answer a man who doesn't even live in the Jannat of a PTI government
    Is that really the best you can come up with. I am sure you can find some article that give you the answers. I bet You have no idea except some printing machine. Lol

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only way to find out is to wait till the 2023 elections, and then the Pakistani people can ask themselves 'Are we better off than we were 5 years ago'....Its too early to say with certainty, but i am optimistic that Imran Khan will improve things. I see positive signs already.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How can we expect someone who scored 27 out of 100 to understand economics?

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gharib Aadmi View Post
    Only way to find out is to wait till the 2023 elections, and then the Pakistani people can ask themselves 'Are we better off than we were 5 years ago'....Its too early to say with certainty, but i am optimistic that Imran Khan will improve things. I see positive signs already.
    We could off course just get a Printing machine and just print more money. Apparently its the solution to all our problems.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/620...kaiser-bengali

Due to a lack of implementation of policies in letter and spirit, which alone can improve the prevalent situation of Pakistan, the country’s economic situation has not been good at all and has been surviving on a ventilator, said economist Dr Kaiser Bengali on Wednesday.

Dr Bengali was the guest of honour at the Young Economists Conference 2020 held at the University of Karachi’s Department of Economics. The department’s faculty and students had arranged the conference on the theme of ‘Sustainable Growth and Economic Development in Pakistan’ at the Arts Auditorium.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/620...kaiser-bengali

Due to a lack of implementation of policies in letter and spirit, which alone can improve the prevalent situation of Pakistan, the country’s economic situation has not been good at all and has been surviving on a ventilator, said economist Dr Kaiser Bengali on Wednesday.

Dr Bengali was the guest of honour at the Young Economists Conference 2020 held at the University of Karachi’s Department of Economics. The department’s faculty and students had arranged the conference on the theme of ‘Sustainable Growth and Economic Development in Pakistan’ at the Arts Auditorium.
    You like your multi spends his time running from simple debate by just posting random articles. Why don't grow a pair and take me down. So once again answer the questions I have posed to you.

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So as the writer says the PTI took too long to decide about IMF but why did they need to go to the IMF? What was the need to go to the IMF, when the Nooras left PK in such a wonderful state.
    So I pose the same questions to you that I did to @Mamoon. Do agree with Miftah or Dar on exchange rate policy, so you think spending at least $6bn of Foreign exchange reserves was justified, what impact did this have on Exports and Imports, do you agree with Abbasi that the 2 biggest issues for the economy were left by Nooras. How do you think the Bop of crisis was going to be solved when exports had dropped to 24bn and how do you finance the current account deficit. Do you think that import fuelled growth is a good thing for the economy and is it sustainable? And where do you get the Foreign exchange to fund it.
    I simply couldn't go past the line "Ever since Imran Khan took over, economy is in shambles". How dumb can one be to say something like this and within same article say "PTI delayed decision to go to IMF" As you asked to this genius "Why did PTI government have to go to IMF" if the Economy was in such a good shape?? Didn't PTI actually destroy the economy??? What was there to destroy if FIRST action PTI should have taken was "Go to IMF"

Rest of the questions have been answered gazillion times on this thread. PTI inherited Economy which was already in SHAMBLES (not one Economist in Pakistan disagrees with this fact) and had to spend 2 years just stabilizing (growth rate was NEVER going to be great), anyone with tiny bit of brain cells would know that Current Account Deficit and Fiscal deficit left by so called experts had pretty much handicapped the current government.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    You like your multi spends his time running from simple debate by just posting random articles. Why don't grow a pair and take me down. So once again answer the questions I have posed to you.
    miraculously Mamoo beta did reply to some of my basic questions..the response was laughable and hence I havent really bothered to ask anything further. It went something like" Imran is rubbish, its all teh army's fault and then some incoherent nonsense and statements".

I think what you need to do is summarise some basic questions for these guys and just keep posting them until we get some answers.

aslo I would like to understand what alternatives there were to sort out the mess that was left. Unless they believe it wasnt a mess and it was a utopia left by the PMLN.

All mamoo wants to do is to appear the contrarian to troll..i still dont even believe he is a pakistani but is actually an Indian pulling the biggest trolling exercise in PP history..

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    miraculously Mamoo beta did reply to some of my basic questions..the response was laughable and hence I havent really bothered to ask anything further. It went something like" Imran is rubbish, its all teh army's fault and then some incoherent nonsense and statements".

I think what you need to do is summarise some basic questions for these guys and just keep posting them until we get some answers.

aslo I would like to understand what alternatives there were to sort out the mess that was left. Unless they believe it wasnt a mess and it was a utopia left by the PMLN.

All mamoo wants to do is to appear the contrarian to troll..i still dont even believe he is a pakistani but is actually an Indian pulling the biggest trolling exercise in PP history..
    You are right.These losers have no idea, @Mamoon doesnt have the cajones to answer any of the questions, he is like a child throwing insults and running off everyday when chased. His Printing Machine friend cant answer either, he just posts some random articles, some of which are 4 years out of date, and when asked to give his opinion he runs off, like his Multi. There is definitely a debate to be had but these losers dont have the slightest idea what they are talking about.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    This is true. I wouldn' be surprised at all.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    You are right.These losers have no idea, @Mamoon doesnt have the cajones to answer any of the questions, he is like a child throwing insults and running off everyday when chased. His Printing Machine friend cant answer either, he just posts some random articles, some of which are 4 years out of date, and when asked to give his opinion he runs off, like his Multi. There is definitely a debate to be had but these losers dont have the slightest idea what they are talking about.
    interestingly the only time anybody has come up with a true alternative answer was when one of the pp posters posted about the workers party of pakistan (i think that was their name) essentially a far left idea and a proper alternative to the centre left version of the PTI's approach. At least it engendered a proper discussion.

These right wingers just scream blue murder, provide no alternatives and then run away when challenged.

Like I said just summarise your questions in short form and keep posting them..if they cant answer simply remind them of their inadequacies and either make fun of them or ignore them.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2026 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You know these folks have no argument when they cannot back them with actual facts and figures and rather resort to derogatory terms such as "selected" "incompetent" and what not.

However, cold hard facts show that CAD has dropped about 70% this year on the back of the 30% drop last year. FDI is rising exponentially and exports grew roughly 14% in February and 4% overall year-to-date. This is at a time when the world is transitioning to recession fuelled by China being under lock down due to corona. Heck our regional countries India and Bangladesh have negative export growth, while we still managed a miniscule yet still positive 4% growth. Revenues have increased by 17% and have met the stiff target upto 96%. Large Scale Manufacturing which was under negative growth for a while exhibited 10% growth in December (the last time its data was released). If any Noon league or PPP supporter can come on here and debate these numbers like actual humans then we can talk. Inflation is still high but in Feb it witnessed its largest decline in years.

Revenue growth in first half of the fiscal year:

Last edited by Syed1; 9th March 2020 at 22:37.

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know these folks have no argument when they cannot back them with actual facts and figures and rather resort to derogatory terms such as "selected" "incompetent" and what not.

However, cold hard facts show that CAD has dropped about 70% this year on the back of the 30% drop last year. FDI is rising exponentially and exports grew roughly 14% in February and 4% overall year-to-date. This is at a time when the world is transitioning to recession fuelled by China being under lock down due to corona. Heck our regional countries India and Bangladesh have negative export growth, while we still managed a miniscule yet still positive 4% growth. Revenues have increased by 17% and have met the stiff target upto 96%. Large Scale Manufacturing which was under negative growth for a while exhibited 10% growth in December (the last time its data was released). If any Noon league or PPP supporter can come on here and debate these numbers like actual humans then we can talk. Inflation is still high but in Feb it witnessed its largest decline in years.

Revenue growth in first half of the fiscal year:

Amateur numbers. Tax collection goes up under any government as number of eligible people grow

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amateur numbers. Tax collection goes up under any government as number of eligible people grow
    OMG.

Tax collection also goes up when existing people who avoided paying taxes, now start paying taxes.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Technics 1210 View Post
    OMG.

Tax collection also goes up when existing people who avoided paying taxes, now start paying taxes.
    Any proof that this is what happened and not just an organic growth in taxpayer numbers?

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any proof that this is what happened and not just an organic growth in taxpayer numbers?
    Syed1 posted the facts. You dismissed them.

You mentioned in the other thread you hate Pakistan. Fine, atleast I now know to ignore any comment you make on Pakistan. An opinion based on hate is not even an opinion, it's emotive rhetoric. There are 1.5 Billion next door who do a far better job in hating Pakistan than you do.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2026 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yes taxpayers were being printed from a money printing machine and grew by 17% in a year

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes taxpayers were being printed from a money printing machine and grew by 17% in a year
    17% is in-line with the projections, PML-N had higher rates

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    When are you going to answer my questions, can't you find the answers on the Internet��

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2026 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Well luckily not all of us are unparh gamaar like you.

Here is the official State Bank of Pakistan link for FBR tax collection

http://www.sbp.org.pk/ecodata/tax.pdf

Please talk with facts rather than getting lippy.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well luckily not all of us are unparh gamaar like you.

Here is the official State Bank of Pakistan link for FBR tax collection

http://www.sbp.org.pk/ecodata/tax.pdf

Please talk with facts rather than getting lippy.
    Fake news

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2026 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ok it is clear now this poster is just here to troll. Not going to engage again. You can keep quoting

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    However 17% is not in line with population growth since PTI were in power. Organic Population growth according to you.

This is how easy it is to expose your hate, thus ignorance.

This user must be condemned.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...lobal-sell-off

Trading in Pakistan’s stock market was halted for 45 minutes on Monday morning, with the losses triggering exchange rules as panic gripped global financial markets after a price war in crude added to the backdrop of dread surrounding the coronavirus.

The nation’s benchmark KSE-100 index plunged as much as 6%, the most since 2006, in Karachi as top oil shares fell by limit. The market recovered some losses to close down 3%. Pakistan’s rupee also fell 1.5%, most in eight months, to 156.5871 a dollar at close, according to central bank data.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2026 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A message for @Mamoon regarding the posts of the poster above me: behwaqoof dost se samajdaar dushman zyada acha hota hai

Stock markets around the world today (the local media is presenting it as if only KSE100 index fell)

Name:  Capture2.JPG
Views: 304
Size:  52.6 KB
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 303
Size:  40.3 KB
    Name:  Capture1.JPG
Views: 302
Size:  49.0 KB

One should completely educate oneself about a matter before trying to pass expert opinion on it, lest they want to look like the poster above me

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...lobal-sell-off

Trading in Pakistan’s stock market was halted for 45 minutes on Monday morning, with the losses triggering exchange rules as panic gripped global financial markets after a price war in crude added to the backdrop of dread surrounding the coronavirus.

The nation’s benchmark KSE-100 index plunged as much as 6%, the most since 2006, in Karachi as top oil shares fell by limit. The market recovered some losses to close down 3%. Pakistan’s rupee also fell 1.5%, most in eight months, to 156.5871 a dollar at close, according to central bank data.
    Imran Khan's performance was not only weak domestically but international market also crashed due to pathetic policies of PTI government

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2026 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Imran Khan's performance was not only weak domestically but international market also crashed due to pathetic policies of PTI government
    Such is the reach of the man, first he caused corona virus and now is making every single major stock exchange in the world to drop. Bhai level hai larkay ka.

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/627...bal-turbulence
    ________

All Pakistan's Awam is asking is where the next Zia is so that they can save us and punish the man who ruined our economy