Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Don’t fret about losing support. As long as Imran “Pakistan Army is guilty of extrajudicial killings and is like a bull in China shop” continues to polish boots, he will remain in apparent power. Apparent because the PM has no real power compared to the Army Chief.
    so you cover your backside very quickly, so if i understand correctly ik was popular but was selected and at the same time he is a fascist dictator who is a puppet, Mental midget is being kind to you,

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a long thread with a lot of talk already happened, so I'm just gonna post my 2 paisas and bow out.

Will Pakistan's economic situation improve in Imran Khan's era?
    Maybe, maybe not. It doesn't really matter that much.

Reason being that we are still continuing to work within this Keynesian-ish economic framework with fake money, fractal reserve banking and everything else that comes with that general framework.

Basically we are indulging in Riba so don't expect the wealth transfer to stop - and by that I mean the transfer of wealth away from the common, God-fearing man and his family.

Instead of the Rupee's standing versus the Dollar or so on, I would rather people reflected upon the PKR and $'s standing against Gold/Silver, and not just recently but over the past few decades.

As long as we follow that economic framework, any economic success is temporary at best. Like forcing a small amount of water to flow against the tide of the sea. You can try it, and maybe it'll even work for a while as you amuse yourself with it, but it's a meaningless practice in the end.

Borrowing his own words, Imran Khan is trying to cure this Cancer with Disprin.

But as it stands, he doesn't have the kind of understanding, faith or even guidance to recognize or accept this - let alone pursue something alternative. So this pattern will continue and it's pointless to waste energy on analyzing the day-to-day or annual economic situation. My 2 paisas done.

Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think no

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daud iqbal View Post
    i think no
    lets get Nawaz babu back..he will give you guys five years of fun and frollicks paid for by ever more debt..then you will be happy..

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    At least Khan genuinely wants the best for his nation as opposed to some others who are only interested in $s.

No idea if he’ll be able to solve Pakistan’s economic problems but he should at least be given time before people judge him. He’s only been in office 5 minutes.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    At least Khan genuinely wants the best for his nation as opposed to some others who are only interested in $s.
    He is not as financially honest as people think. He has been running from the foreign funding case for years and his party wants the case to be handled secretively. If they had no skeletons in the closet, they would come out in the open.

Anyway, he might not be as greedy as some of the the others but he is equally power-hungry. If he wanted the best for the nation and was sincere with the people, he wouldn’t have welcomed the crooks and frauds from other party in PTI in order to take advantage of their vote banks.

Furthermore, he took a U-turn on his views on the military just so that they would back his election campaign and help him come into power. The only thing he cares for is the PM chair even if he is a puppet PM.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    He is not as financially honest as people think. He has been running from the foreign funding case for years and his party wants the case to be handled secretively. If they had no skeletons in the closet, they would come out in the open.

Anyway, he might not be as greedy as some of the the others but he is equally power-hungry. If he wanted the best for the nation and was sincere with the people, he wouldn’t have welcomed the crooks and frauds from other party in PTI in order to take advantage of their vote banks.

Furthermore, he took a U-turn on his views on the military just so that they would back his election campaign and help him come into power. The only thing he cares for is the PM chair even if he is a puppet PM.
    I see the stock market is doing really well these days and you told us that that stock market shows how well an economy is doing, thanks for those words of "wisdom". Or are you about to get humiliated again by doing another upturn. I think you will run again

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post

No idea if he’ll be able to solve Pakistan’s economic problems but he should at least be given time before people judge him. He’s only been in office 5 minutes.
    All these crooks and their loser supporters aren't getting the big cheques any more and hence the pathetic Rona dona. Some of the people that do the most of the Rona dona but are the children of bureaucrats who to put it mildly made a killing and you may have noticed they work for the govt but are in here 24/7, and when challenged they lie, don't they @Mamoon

Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not a single Pakistani politician is.

But that isn't the point.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    435 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    I see the stock market is doing really well these days and you told us that that stock market shows how well an economy is doing, thanks for those words of "wisdom". Or are you about to get humiliated again by doing another upturn. I think you will run again
    Finance obviously isn't your strong point. The KSE 100 is down from a high of 53,127 on May 22, 2017 to 34,028, a whopping loss of 36%.

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-10-11 at 2.04.28 PM.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  13.4 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Napa; 12th October 2019 at 03:35.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    Finance obviously isn't your strong point. The KSE 100 is down from a high of 53,127 on May 22, 2017 to 34,028, a whopping loss of 36%.

I think you are better off sticking to worshipping the Fascist Modi because you have no idea what the context was. Read all the posts and then comment.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    435 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think you are better off sticking to worshipping the Fascist Modi because you have no idea what the context was. Read all the posts and then comment.
    What??? The thread is about the economy's performance under IK. You want me to wade through all your claptrap before I post? The performance of the stock market under IK is clear enough to those who can understand that 34,028 is 36% less than 53,127.

Standard disclaimer: no more replies from me unless I see something intelligent.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    What??? The thread is about the economy's performance under IK. You want me to wade through all your claptrap before I post? The performance of the stock market under IK is clear enough to those who can understand that 34,028 is 36% less than 53,127.

Standard disclaimer: no more replies from me unless I see something intelligent.
    Whose asking you to comment, I couldn't care less if you do your research or not, that's your problem.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    435 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Whose asking you to comment, I couldn't care less if you do your research or not, that's your problem.
    Who's, not whose.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The common man has to live with the decisions he makes like all of us. They knew they were corrupt and voted for them and got robbed and then realised a little too late that the crooks had taken everything. And what you are saying is that they want those same crooks back to finish the job.
    Great!
    You said they were losing in support in KP before the last election and they won a 2/3 majority, so forgive me if I think you are talking out of your backside like you normally do.
    Roshan Pakistan was the most accurate pollster in the 2018 election. They have as of September 2019 PTI as the most popular party by far in KPK.

https://twitter.com/RPPoll/status/1175634878815178752

And right now Pakistan is going through such a tough time. If the economy picks up look for an ever bigger mandate for 2023.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 12th October 2019 at 17:27.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Go and check the stats again... it dropped from 52,000 to 38,000 from 25th May 2017 to Dec 2017 a mere six months, and Nawaz Sharif was in government then. Since then it has been oscillating in boom and bust cycles, but showing strong signs of recovery since the last 2 months.

Obviously a hindutva thinks too highly off himself when he himself is nothing. Time for you to exit another thread. Come on child go ahead.
    Last edited by Syed1; 12th October 2019 at 21:28.

Mein inko rolaonga

NaMo se Namonay tak ka safar..... chaiwala

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    435 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Go and check the stats again... it dropped from 52,000 to 38,000 from 25th May 2017 to Dec 2017 a mere six months, and Nawaz Sharif was in government then.
    It was back to 47K by April 2018. The chart of the KSE 100 shows that since IK became PM, the trend is downwards. I do not have any need to hide any data, that is why I gave the entire graph in which May 2017 also appears.

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-10-12 at 8.57.40 AM.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  13.6 KB

Even if we take your bottom, going from 38K to 34K (today) over 2 years is very poor economic performance.
    Last edited by Napa; 12th October 2019 at 22:32.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Foreign Investment up-Let's see this upward curve go up even steeper.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Venue
    N/A
    Runs
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Interest rates have been doubled to over 13%—among the highest in Asia—and the rupee has slumped. Inflation has almost tripled from the year before Mr. Khan took office, to 11%, and economic growth has more than halved to 2.4%.

Name:  annualchangeinconsumerprices.JPG
Views: 390
Size:  19.8 KB

Between January and September this year, food inflation in urban areas shot to 15% from 3%. Car sales were down 39% in the first quarter of the current financial year, which began in July, while motorcycle sales fell 17%.

Name:  annualchangeingdp.JPG
Views: 382
Size:  21.2 KB

Former Finance Minister Hafiz Pasha estimates that by the end of Imran Khan’s second year, two million workers will have lost their jobs and up to eight million people will be pushed into poverty.

Sua cuique voluptas.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Pakistan is finished unless we go back to the economic policies of the past. I cant see any other way around it.

we need to get economic growth to 7.0% like in Mushy's time, make sure the economy gets a buff from cheap credit, and also ensure we can take some more loans. This way the people will be happy and we can create some excellent graphs that will show our economy on a great trajectory.

We should also ignore our exports because they should just take care of themselves. I dont understand why IK is so crazy about exports..and manufacturing should just be replaced with banking and call centres. Its quicker and easier..

Finally we need to keep the rupee devalued for at least ten years..I cant see any issues with doing this..

the main thing people have to understand is that what matters is the people have to be happy..thats it..keep em happy and throw some money at them..you can then sell anything to them..

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uberkoen View Post
    Interest rates have been doubled to over 13%—among the highest in Asia—and the rupee has slumped. Inflation has almost tripled from the year before Mr. Khan took office, to 11%, and economic growth has more than halved to 2.4%.

Name:  annualchangeinconsumerprices.JPG
Views: 390
Size:  19.8 KB

Between January and September this year, food inflation in urban areas shot to 15% from 3%. Car sales were down 39% in the first quarter of the current financial year, which began in July, while motorcycle sales fell 17%.

Name:  annualchangeingdp.JPG
Views: 382
Size:  21.2 KB

Former Finance Minister Hafiz Pasha estimates that by the end of Imran Khan’s second year, two million workers will have lost their jobs and up to eight million people will be pushed into poverty.
    The Question is about What IK has or hasnt done and why? Can evaluate his economic policies, and tell us your opinion.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

RIP patwaris..... looking forward to long novel by Harvard Business School graduate and IMF chief of Asia Pacific region Shri @Mamoon Ji Economist

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1586 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Unemployment Rate

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

RIP patwaris..... looking forward to long novel by Harvard Business School graduate and IMF chief of Asia Pacific region Shri @Mamoon Ji Economist
    All these indicators show positive trend and looks like we are heading towards stability. I hope the exports increase substantially which will make real difference.

One of biggest questions is whether PTI can tackle unemployment issue as it's almost impossible to increase jobs at predictable growth rate of 3%.

What people don't understand is current situation (inflation and slowdown) is NOT the economic policy but side effects of stabilisation measures that HAD TO BE TAKEN. You can't run your country on subsidies funded from BORROWED money.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Eaay to say for overseas.

Such are conditions that i'm thinking about moving out of Pakistan forever.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Syed1 indicators are good.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post

Do you agree with Miftah or not on the exchange rate? Why do Nooras just make statements and run, don't you have debating skills, surely you can't run all the time.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Positive indicators. The challenge now is to control unemployment and inflation, which are coming about as a side effect of the major shifts they had to make in pushing for more sustainable and self-sufficient economic policy. You can't keep running the country on borrowed money.

If they can come out the other side of this period with something to show, then it'll be a big success. Of course, many of the policies adopted are not popular with the common man because it is difficult to see how these struggles will ultimately culminate into something good. This unpopularity is reflected in the polls, with PTI mainly losing support in Central Punjab, making PML-N the largest party if an election were to be held today.

“It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.”
    ― Imran Khan

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Good. Don't let the door hit you on your way out

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    15 points improvement in the dynamic economy index..... I sure miss the days of kuch khata hai tu lagata bhi hai

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Excellent thought.... one less burden on the economy. Please move ahead with this plan ASAP.

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hussain.r97 View Post
    Positive indicators. The challenge now is to control unemployment and inflation, which are coming about as a side effect of the major shifts they had to make in pushing for more sustainable and self-sufficient economic policy. You can't keep running the country on borrowed money.

If they can come out the other side of this period with something to show, then it'll be a big success. Of course, many of the policies adopted are not popular with the common man because it is difficult to see how these struggles will ultimately culminate into something good. This unpopularity is reflected in the polls, with PTI mainly losing support in Central Punjab, making PML-N the largest party if an election were to be held today.

This is something to ponder on. What's stopping the old guys coming back and continuing their old charade? The average Pakistani unfortunately doesn't have an understanding of how a country is run.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan Sasuke View Post
    This is something to ponder on. What's stopping the old guys coming back and continuing their old charade? The average Pakistani unfortunately doesn't have an understanding of how a country is run.
    They see IK come to power and prices increase and from their point of view its his fault. You can see why the Nooras and Billo Khusra Party never want people educated. Not a single Noora on here wants to debate the overvaluation of the exchange rate and borrowing too much and its consequences on the economy because they, like the masses dont understand. But if IK does the right thing and loses the election, i will be happy- undeserved as it may be. Hopefully Maryam or Billo that masses go for, wont be as corrupt and destructive as they have been in the past.
    Last edited by Bewal Express; 21st October 2019 at 01:36.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Syed1

Many qualified doctors etc are also moving out.

Such are the crisis thanks to your visionary.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @Syed1

Pakistanis moving abroad specially highly skilled ones is not a new phenomenon that started after 2018 elections, infact it has been going on for decades. The state Pakistan is in, IK did not create it. He has only been in power for 14 months which is not sufficient time to either make or break a nation. If you are so dismayed about the economic condition you should question those who ruled for 30-40 years. The rest Allah has given you brain think for yourself why Pakistan is the way it is today.

Surely rivers of milk or honey weren't flowing before 2018 elections.

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistanis moving abroad specially highly skilled ones is not a new phenomenon that started after 2018 elections, infact it has been going on for decades. The state Pakistan is in, IK did not create it. He has only been in power for 14 months which is not sufficient time to either make or break a nation. If you are so dismayed about the economic condition you should question those who ruled for 30-40 years. The rest Allah has given you brain think for yourself why Pakistan is the way it is today.

Surely rivers of milk or honey weren't flowing before 2018 elections.
    Well said.

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Syed1

We all want reforms as long as they don't impact us personally. All my life i have heard stories about Doctors preferring private practices and ignoring patients in government hospitals. We hear about lack of medicines in hospitals, doctors refusing to treat people properly in government hospitals etc but when you try to tackle them, they go on strikes and want to leave the country. Go support such mafia but don't ask for reforms or improvement then.

Traders are also going on strikes against measures taken by documentation of economy. Yes they can disagree on few things but most are flatly refusing to cooperate. Would you also support them just because you are against the government?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last week, the federal cabinet took notice of the increasing food prices, a major source of surging inflationary pressures in the economy. It ordered (administrative) steps for controlling prices of essential food items and devise a strategy to curb inflation.

The cabinet also decided to activate the provincial price control committees and deal strictly with hoarders and speculators. Even though the administration has a very limited ability to control the markets, it is good news that the government has finally realised its responsibility to deal with surging inflation and chip into the central bank’s efforts to stabilise the prices.

Inflation, a phenomenon whereby the prices of everything persistently increases, and the value of money or the purchasing power of people declines, is one of the major problems facing Pakistan for more than the last one year.

The monthly headline inflation as measured by the Consumer Price Index (CPI), which has been running in double digits since the inception of the present financial year, was recorded in September at an eight-year high of 12.5 per cent (base year 2005-06) compared with 10.6pc the previous month and 5.1pc a year ago. Core inflation — the non-food, non-energy (NFNE) inflation, also escalated to 9.2pc from 8.5pc in August and 5.8pc from a year ago.

Measured against the new base year of 2015-16, the CPI inflation clocked in at 11.4pc, which still was in line with the forecast of the State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) that held back from cutting the policy rate last month in spite of the strong demand from the country’s business community.

According to official data for last month, urban dwellers faced a slightly higher increase of 11.6pc in prices. Similarly, the 40 cities from where inflation data is collected saw an uneven distribution of the pace of price rise. The people in Dadu, Sindh, for example, had to cope with the highest rise of 21.2pc in food prices while Mardan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, led in non-food inflation with a spike of 18.7pc.

In many cities, the CPI clocked in between just 5pc and 9.9pc. The uneven pace of price increase in rural and urban areas, as well as cities, is attributed mainly to different consumption patterns and income levels of households.

Financial analysts are projecting inflation to start receding into single digit from the third quarter of the present fiscal year, although the pace of increase in the prices is likely to slow down from this month, thus creating a little room for a small cut in the policy rate. The central bank is looking at a scenario where headline inflation will moderate to 6pc to 7pc in the next financial year, which will allow it to reboot economic growth to boost domestic productivity.

The inflation forecasts largely draw on the assumptions that the global oil and commodity prices will remain subdued in the short- to medium-term, no major supply shock is going to hit the economy, the twin current account and fiscal deficits will continue to shrink, and the exchange rate will remain stable despite small, necessary adjustments.

The jump in inflation comes at a high cost for the low- to middle-income groups of the population. Thus, the rising prices, especially of food, energy, healthcare, education and house rents, mean that the people in these income brackets are barely able to sustain their old lifestyle.

With the economic growth projected to slow down to 2.4pc during the present financial year with little chance of any rise in wages in the near- to medium-term, the higher price inflation is likely to bring greater pressures on people living paycheck-to-paycheck, compelling them to further cut their essential household expenditure as they struggle to get through the month.

Higher inflation equally hurts businesses by creating economic uncertainty, forcing the central bank to raise interest rates to slow down monetary expansion, impeding investment and job creation, and hurting export competitiveness.

A look at the CPI numbers since 2000 shows that prices have increased at a moderate pace most of the time — at less than 5pc for nine years and between 5pc and 10pc for six years. The only time, other than the first quarter of the present fiscal year, inflation hit the double digits was in 2008-12 when a dramatic currency devaluation accompanied by a sudden spike in global oil and food prices hit the economy, pushing CPI to 20.8pc, food prices to 23.7pc and non-food inflation to 18.8pc in 2009.

Former Lahore Chamber of Commerce and Industry president Almas Hyder blames cost-push factors — upward adjustments in administered prices of petrol, gas and electricity for managing the high level of the twin deficits, currency devaluation, supply-side constraints and higher transportation costs that led to higher food prices and increase in the house rents — for the current bout of inflation. “The current phase of inflation is but a reflection of macroeconomic adjustments being made for the last one year or more.”

According to Saad Hashemy, executive director of BMA Capital Management, the high inflation periods in Pakistan have always coincided either with currency devaluation or increasing global oil prices or a combination of both. Therefore, he adds, “the administrative actions the government is contemplating will only have a partial impact on prices, and will be limited to ending or reducing sudden periods of volatility in the market, which is important to protect consumers.”

The long-term solution to controlling the prices lies in documenting the economy, removing the irritants hampering the smooth operation of domestic commerce, and more importantly, continuing on the path of macroeconomic structural reforms to enable the economy to absorb the impact of sudden extraneous shocks like a jump in global oil markets.
    Source: https://www.dawn.com/news/1512033/go...food-inflation.

LIONEL MESSI FAN
    Find PakPassion on Twitter: @PakPassion

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    @Syed1

Why are you running from me? Do you agree with Miftah or not?

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Resurrection of economy under Imran Khan

By M Bilal Lakhani

Published: October 20, 2019

Eight hundred thousand new tax filers. Exports up 12%. New circular debt down by 68%. These are three positive headlines on Pakistan’s economy no one wants to put in a headline. But they’re only the tip of the iceberg as there’s a dramatic upswing in our macroeconomic indicators. Trade deficit down to 41-month low. KSE gaining almost 5,000 points in 50 days. Remittances and inland revenue up by 10% and 25%, respectively. Foreign portfolio investments at record levels in the last quarter. Current account deficit down by 55% in the first two months of the fiscal.

The juxtaposition of this good news with the punishing state of the real economy — measured by inflation and unemployment — means we’re standing in the darkest hour of Imran Khan’s resurrection of the economy. I call it a resurrection because the exciting part isn’t that we’re passing through the worst and things will get better in the real economy within a year, but because the sources of growth and fundamentals of the economy are transforming. In this column, I’ll unpack the method behind the madness of PTI’s perplexing economic transformation project.

Recall, Ishaq Dar and Miftah Ismail delivered a sick Pakistani economy on a stretcher in the emergency room to Asad Umar who had the unenviable task of giving chemotherapy to a metastasising cancer of fiscal and current account deficits ripping through the economy. Now, chemotherapy is an extremely debilitating medicine. You get sicker, start vomiting and lose your hair. Some patients are so sick of the medicine they prefer to not be treated. But if the patient has a healthy prognosis, the doctor’s priority is to save the patient’s life, no matter how painful the treatment.

This is exactly what Umar sought to do, with a homegrown reform process (versus one done by IMF). Being the impatient patient, we mistook the debilitating medicine as the enemy versus the actual disease (a sick economy). Things got so bad that we changed doctors mid-treatment but not the treatment journey itself. And now the results of that chemotherapy are beginning to show in the dramatic upswing of macroeconomic indicators. Does this mean the patient is healthy again? Not yet. We’re still in treatment but it’s working.

And now, for the exciting part. Say the reason we got lung cancer was that we loved smoking. Once recovered from the chemotherapy, will we return to smoking or will we kick the habit and become a fundamentally different person? In Pakistan’s case, we were smoking dollars we didn’t have by keeping the rupee artificially overvalued so elite consumption could be subsidised. This led us to keep borrowing money and fall into debt traps with the IMF. What’s exciting is this government’s commitment to keeping the rupee at its real value. This is creating a collapse in import-dependent businesses — painful, but in the long term will force businessmen to get into productive sectors of the economy versus staying on as traders. This is how market incentives work.

Another area of transformation: taxes. Pakistan’s economy is unhealthy because we don’t raise enough revenue to meet our expenses, causing us to borrow money and getting trapped in escalating debt. The core issue here is we never had the political will to go after anyone except the salaried middle class. Now, FBR is going after retailers, wholesalers and real estate transactions, which is great for raising the tax base and will also force people to invest in productive businesses versus parking their money speculatively in real estate.

The PTI needs to be more aggressive and ideological in pursuing this reform process while enhancing the social safety net for those falling behind. That said, the macroeconomic numbers don’t lie for now; the economic transformation triggered by the PTI is real and working. Even after the darkest night of the year, the sun rises in the morning. And Naya Pakistan’s moment in the sun is coming.

Published in The Express Tribune, October 20th, 2019.

Like Opinion & Editorial on Facebook, follow @ETOpEd on Twitter to receive all updates on all our daily pieces.

Link: https://tribune.com.pk/story/2083236...my-imran-khan/

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    @Syed1

I know a few Shia Doctors in Canada, i have met them and they commented they moved out after receiving death threats in Karachi. Don't think you can blame IK for this

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    I know a few Shia Doctors in Canada, i have met them and they commented they moved out after receiving death threats in Karachi. Don't think you can blame IK for this
    This is unfortunately the case with prominent Shias in any position, and has been an issue for a long time now.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ISLAMABAD: The Senate Standing Committee on Industries and Production criticised the government on Monday for its failure in coming up with a revival plan for Pakistan Steel Mills (PSM) and Utility Stores Corporation (USC) after more than a year.

The committee further noted that a cabinet member was facilitating smuggling of steel scrap from Iran to local re-rolling mills.

Committee Chairman Senator Ahmed Khan said the incumbent government was discussing serious issues at every forum including the standing committees but “there was no futuristic approach”.

It is unfortunate that the lethargic approach is not only protecting steel mafias in the country but a delay in the revival plan is also increasing the liabilities of PSM and making it less attractive for investors, Senator Khan said.

On the occasion, group of PSM stakeholders alleged that the Ministry of Industries and Production and the Federal Board of Revenue are not interested in resolving the matter.

Adviser to the PM on Industries and Production Abdur Razak Dawood and Adviser on Poverty Alleviation Dr Sania Nishtar faced a barrage of queries over ways to improve performances of respective government entities.

The committee chairman suggested that while a future policy was under consideration at the Economic Coordination Committee (ECC), radical interim arrangements can be put in place.

“We know mafia like groups are importing steel scrap through under-invoicing. One solution is to take a policy decision and allow all imports through PSM only. This will regulate import figures and even the business of re-rolling mills will become documented,” Senator Khan said.

However, there was no reply from the official side over the suggestion. The committee was informed that financial adviser for PSM will be appointed soon to suggest modes for inviting strategic investors for the steel mills.

Currently PSM stands at a deficit of Rs510 billion, of which Rs40bn was accumulated in the last 14 months.

The committee was informed that the total liabilities in terms of pension and gratuity of retired employees were around Rs15.8bn.

The committee also discussed the proposal of developing coordination between BISP interventions and USC.

Dr Nishtar briefed the committee that BISP had 5.2 million women registered in its network who are paid Rs5,000 every quarter of a year.

The committee suggested that out of Rs5,000 in the quarter only Rs2,000 worth of vouchers may be distributed to the registered persons which could be used to purchase items from Utility Stores only.

However, Dr Nishter said that different households had different expenditure requirements and fixing grocery purchases through Utility Stores is not *viable.

The meeting was attended by Senators including Kalsoom Parveen, Aurangzeb Khan, Muhammad Ali Khan Saif, Hafiz Abdul Karim and Asif Kirmani. Chairman PSM Aamir Mumtaz, Secretary Industries Aamir Khawaja, Special Secretary Finance Qamar Hamid Khan, Secretary Poverty Alleviation Shaista Sohail and officials from FBR and Public Procurement Regulatory Authority were also present.

‘End steel imports’

Steel makers have approached the government and the parliamentary body to curb imports of steel products and scrap from Iran and Afghan under garb of some certain rules/SROs.

In a letter to Chairman Senate Standing Committee for Commerce Senator Mirza Muhammad Afridi, Pakistan Association of Large Steel Procurers (PALSP) said local markets are flooded with imports of brand new and prime steel from Iran under the garb of re-rollable scrap.

The letter noted that in Budget 2018-19, Re-Rollable Scrap code PCT 7204-4910 was inserted in schedule 1, the regulatory duty (RD) on re-rollable scrap is only 5 per cent whereas the total duty on its competitive product such as billets was 28pc.

Keeping in view of the very low price of imported re-rollable Scrap, it is suggested that RD on re-rollable scrap should be increased from 5pc to 35pc to bring it in parity with the Steel Billets and ship plates.

The association further said that all steel items from Iran and Afghanistan should be imported via sea ports.
    Source: https://www.dawn.com/news/1512175/se...utility-stores.

LIONEL MESSI FAN

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KARACHI: Banking sector maintained its growth trajectory during the first half of 2019 on account of decent increase in deposits thanks to the amnesty scheme, according to the State Bank of Pakistan’s (SBP) latest report on Monday.

The SBP in its latest ‘Mid-Year Performance Review of the Banking Sector, January-June 2019’ publication reveals that deposits accelerated to 6.8pc during the reviewed period, up from 5.7pc in 1HCY18.

“A good portion of the inflows came during the month of June 2019, among others, under the government amnesty scheme,” noted the document.

“While macro stabilisation measures have started to show favourable results, particularly on external front, the economic activity is expected to remain muted,” it continued.

The report said non-performing loans sharply increased by Rs88.3 billion during the first half. Meanwhile infection ratio (non-performing loans — NPLs — to total gross loans) jumped to 8.8pc by June end, as against 8pc. As a result, NPLs stood at Rs768bn by end of the reviewed period.

In addition, owing to perceived weakening in repayment capacity of firms and recent pickup in NPLs, ‘banks may remain risk averse’ in their lending behaviour, said the report.

Earnings are likely to remain decent in the half year ahead, due to higher interest earning and expected pickup in banks’ investment in government securities, it noted.

However, rise in credit risk due to deterioration in asset quality, in the face of tighter macro financial conditions, may put earnings under some stress, it added.

“Banks need to put in place capital enhancement plans in light of the regulatory Capital Adequacy Ratio (CAR) benchmark increasing to 12.5pc by Dec 31,” said the report.

Private sector financing demand is likely to remain subdued during the second half while SBP is expected to increase government reliance on banks for meeting its financing needs.

The banks’ expected investment increase in government securities will enhance their funding requirements whereas deposits will remain the key source of funding. The rise in Minimum Savings Rate (MSR) is likely to induce depositors to opt for more savings and fixed deposits, while banks may face challenges in mobilising low-cost deposits, the publication says.

Among advances, the flow of private sector advances observed a broad-based slowdown owing to subdued economic activity and continued monetary tightening, while that of public sector declined due to lower utilisation of commodity financing and retirement of energy sector’s.

The document notes the asset quality saw some deterioration, with increased volume and share of NPLs, particularly in agriculture and energy sectors.

While investments observed a marginal rise, banks renewed their interest in Pakistan Investment Bonds due to favourable interest rate dynamics. “The overall risk profile of the sector remained satisfactory.”

Earnings of the banking sector improved owing to increase in net interest income, which improved all the profitability indicators.

The resilience of banking remained robust as CAR at 16.1pc was well above the local and international minimum benchmarks of 11.9pc and 10.5pc, respectively.
    Source: https://www.dawn.com/news/1512172/ta...-bank-deposits.

LIONEL MESSI FAN

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only people living in pakistan can know the pain.
    True.

Have some shame if not empathy. The common man does not have the knowledge and the resources to make astute decisions on whom to vote for. They are swayed by rhetoric and demagogy. They voted for PPP in 2008 because of Benazir’s death, and they voted for PMLN in 2013 because PPP’s reputation took a hit and PMLN’s election campaign was stronger than PTIs.

During 2014 to 2017, the constant witch-hunting, accusations, long marches as well as Imran Khan’s lies and false promises were enough to win the support of the common man, who were genuinely fooled into believing that he will bring change and improve their conditions.

Stuff like promising to abolish Governor Houses and Chief Ministers Houses, stating that he will not having VIP protocol, his social media team taking staged pictures of him sleeping on the floor and praying etc. sells with the common man. Imran the con-artist was able to fool them in masses, but considering his and his government’s incompetency, it has only taken over a year for the masses to realize that he is incapable of running the country.

Considering he has failed to live up to his promises so far, people have started to question his credibility and do not buy his excuse that Pakistan will have to suffer to get out of this mess. They have no reason to believe that he knows what he is going and he is taking the correct measures today that will bear fruit in the future.

Moreover, PTI is also losing support in KP - the province where his support has been immense since 2011-2012. The major reason is the flop education and health reforms. Doctors are on strike frequently because of the antics of the Health Minister, and the biggest own goal by PTI has been the BRT disaster. One of the worst infrastructure projects in history of Pakistan that has badly exposed the inexperience and cluelessness of this government.

The KP public has started to lose faith in this con-artist because they can see that after 6 years of rule in KP, PTI has not achieved anything. What will change after 5 years of federal rule? Again, nothing. If you can’t run a province how can you run a country?
    Those living abroad are not in touch with ground realities at all. I voted for IK/PTI, still support the PM to complete his term, but the performance has been abysmal. PM IK has bulldozed almost all his pre-election revolutionary claims (or promises), this is what hurt me the most. We all know economy turn around takes time, but he should not have bulldozed his revolutionary claims. He should not have given that insensitive statement regarding U-Turn (U-Turn azeem leaders ki nishani hoti hai). He has not even apologised for his U-Turns. Despite this I still hopelessly hope that he may revive his former self as he still has 4 years to go, which seems unlikely as well at times when I look at his cabinet full of turncoats and unelected.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercurial View Post
    True.

Those living abroad are not in touch with ground realities at all. I voted for IK/PTI, still support the PM to complete his term, but the performance has been abysmal. PM IK has bulldozed almost all his pre-election revolutionary claims (or promises), this is what hurt me the most. We all know economy turn around takes time, but he should not have bulldozed his revolutionary claims. He should not have given that insensitive statement regarding U-Turn (U-Turn azeem leaders ki nishani hoti hai). He has not even apologised for his U-Turns. Despite this I still hopelessly hope that he may revive his former self as he still has 4 years to go, which seems unlikely as well at times when I look at his cabinet full of turncoats and unelected.
    Completely agreed.

Imran’s downfall started when he decided to take the electables route. Basically he slapped his supporters on the face and they were too blind and brainwashed to see.

You cannot bring tabdeeli by giving party tickets to junk from PMLN, PPP, PMLQ and MQM. Imran fooled himself and his supporters by insisting that he can bring real change on the back of these opportunistic turncoats whose loyalties are always up for sale.

Imran’s political journey started with a genuine purpose and you could see the difference between his party and the rest of the political players. He had a clear manifesto.

However, over the years, his genuine purpose of bringing change transformed into desperation and lust for power. He was happy to welcome crooks, frauds and failures from other parties as long as he could use their vote bank to come into power.

That is why he has failed in KP and why he is failing at the federal level now. To clear his guilty conscience, he has desperately tried to convince the masses that when the leader is honest, the political class below him works with diligence.

That is simply not true, and besides, he is yet to prove his honesty in the foreign funding case where his party is now demanded secrecy in investigation. If he and his party have nothing to hide, why demand secrecy?

Don’t worry about these overseas clueless armchair PTI supporters. They don’t have the guts to walk to the talk and it is easy for them to preach patience as they live in the west and pay taxes to their governments to kill Muslims in the Middle-East.

They don’t have to bear the brunt of the price hikes because they are only getting richer and richer. Also, this excuse that Pakistan has to suffer in the short-term to prosper in the long-run is a load of horse manure.

Absolutely nothing is going to happen in the long-term and this is yet another lie and false promise by Imran which he will fail to act on. He keeps showing “sabz baagh” but there is nothing to show when the time comes.

However, you can be certain that his cult followers will keep making excuses and providing justifications when things don’t change in the future.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    ^ To add to the above, because PTI rests on the shoulders of turncoats in parliament, it has weak foundations. That means that if the opposition joins hands and takes to the streets which they will, this weak government will not be able to sustain the pressure.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan ETFs are rising for the past 3 to 4 months. Efforts to weed out corruption and to boost the Pakistan economy are not only taking effect, but making effect.

Do not pay attention to the corrupt and the pretenders, some of whom who voted for PTI, these guys bet against Pakistan (after looting Pakistan) are paying the price with their entertaining melodramatic meltdowns.

Lets hope said people are weeded out too and face an ignominious end while Pakistan prospers. Ameen.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    True.

I feel like a lot of PTI supporters in Pakistan thought that just because PTI and IK won, they will wake up the next day of the elections and Pakistan will be like UK, France, Germany. For 70 years Pakistan has been floundering and people are expecting IK to wave a magic wand and fix everything.

Which turn coats are filled up in his cabinet?

Let me give you a list of people there:

1. Shafqat Mahmood, long time PTI leader, Education minister
    2. Hammad Azhar, started his political career with PTI, Revenue minister
    3. Murad Saeed, came through the ranks of PTI student bodies, NHA and Communication minister
    4. Usman Dar, PTI is the only party he ever joined, Youth minister
    5. Asad Umar, long time PTI leader, ex-Finance minister
    6. Malik Amin Aslam, been with PTI since 2008, Climate change minister
    7. Zartaj Gul, only party she ever joined was PTI, Climate change minister
    8. Shehryar Afridi, only party he ever joined was PTI, Narcotics control
    9. Faisal Vawda, only party he ever joined was PTI, Water minister
    10. Ali Zaidi, only party he ever joined was PTI, Ports & Shipping
    11. Reza Baqir, SBP chairman, go and read his bio and find me a more qualified person
    12. Dr. Zafar Mirza, technocrat and worked at WHO, Health minister

I can go on and on.... some people do not have the mental capability to separate fact from fiction and just parrot what the paid media has told them. PTI is not dying for your vote, 17 million Pakistanis voted for them. In 2023 even more will vote for PTI, you can refrain from voting because you think IK didn't use his magic wand.

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Reza Baqir has also been exposed to high levels of criticism.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Reza Baqir has also been exposed to high levels of criticism.
    I am still waiting for a response from you, do agree with Miftah or not? You can run but you can't hide.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What do you have to say for your leader inducting likes of Firdaus Ashiq Awan, Fawad Chaudry, Shah Mehmood, Jehangir Tareen in his team?

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Syed1 same usman dar who delays paying his company employees just because he has to draw out money for political spendings.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KARACHI/LONDON: From turning organic waste into fertiliser to sharing farm equipment, new businesses seeking to address social problems in Pakistan have made the South Asian nation one of the best performers in the second global poll on social entrepreneurs. As the government struggles to find solutions for a nation affected by poverty, water scarcity, climate change and lack of sanitation, social startups are emerging to fill the gaps.

Pakistan was one of the three countries, along with Australia and the Netherlands, whose overall ranking improved the most since the first Thomson Reuters Foundation experts’ poll on the best countries for social entrepreneurs in 2016.

The country advanced 18 spots to place 14th among the world’s 45 biggest economies, seen as a nation where social entrepreneurs can make a living and attract good staff.

“The landscape has changed tremendously in terms of openness and receptivity for entrepreneurship,” said Shaista Ayesha, 39, who heads product development at SEED Ventures, a business incubator based in Karachi.

“Almost all universities have business incubation centres that are either working with the public or the private sectors to support home-grown enterprises.”

Interest of young people in the sector was seen as spurring growth, with a youth boom giving Pakistan one of the world’s youngest populations, a trend seen continuing until at least 2050, according to the United Nations Development Programme.

About two-thirds of Pakistan’s 210 million people are younger than 30 with 29 per cent aged between 15 and 29.

This new generation of young Pakistanis was not only aware of the political and socio-economic challenges faced by their country, but it has also found social networks to voice opinions.

“Social issues no longer go unnoticed, and there is a general increase in public eagerness, particularly among the youth, to step up and bring positive change,” Ayesha said.

Youth movement

Pakistani banker and economist Ishrat Hussain, Adviser to Prime Minister Imran Khan on Institutional Reforms and Austerity, said he was not surprised by the poll results.

Hussain cited microfinance institutions, business schools and the digital economy for supporting entrepreneurship.

“There are higher education institutions that have set up entrepreneur centres which are arming people who are not formally trained with business tools, especially women, farmers, youth ... people otherwise neglected,” he added.

Most social enterprises in Pakistan are headed by young entrepreneurs. About one-fifth are led by women compared with five per cent of mainstream companies, according to British Council research.

Neelum Hassan, a 26-year-old industrial design graduate, founded her social enterprise, Aerosync, in 2016 to design and manufacture products with a social or environmental impact.

Her first project is a design for a lightweight, solar-powered mobile cart with foldable counter that converts into a shelter for the thousands of street vendors in Pakistani cities.

Street and mobile vending lets people set up businesses with minimal outlay and no paperwork, but they have increasingly faced crackdown from authorities for not having licences.

Her plan would provide a ready-made package with registered carts, allocated space and affordable lease schemes.

Neelum Hassan won the “Most Promising Woman-Led Business” award at the Global Clean tech programme set up by the United Nations Industrial Development Organisation and the $15,000 prize money went towards developing a small manufacturing line.

“I personally won’t call this a success story because the journey has just begun,” she said.

Improved access to local and international investment — with Pakistan jumping 24 places to 9th place in the latest poll, conducted in partnership with Deutsche Bank — has helped many young social entrepreneurs get their ideas off the ground.

Support group Impact Link was launched in December 2018 with backing from the Scottish government to support a small number of social enterprises moving beyond the early growth stages.

In the latest round of funding, it gave 4,000 pounds ($4,946) each to five startups to scale up their business.

These included TrashIt, which is working on collecting organic waste from food vendors and turn it into fertiliser, and Good Earth, which is behind sharing platforms for farm equipment, often beyond the means of poor farmers.

SEED Ventures co-founder Faraz Khan said a proposed law to provide a legal definition for social enterprises would also help attract more foreign investors to Pakistan once approved.

“Once under a legal umbrella, they will be able to attract global impact capital and philanthropic funding,” said Khan.

Ahad Nazir, head of the Centre for Private Sector Engagement at Pakistan’s Sustainable Development Policy Institute, said the law would give certainty to investors and social entrepreneurs.

“Some of the companies claiming to be social enterprises are not actually social enterprises, and some companies that are actually social enterprises don’t know they are,” he said.

Ishrat Hussain, however, disagreed.

“I think it’s a bit premature to gag these entrepreneurs with a legal framework. Let them bloom and flourish, and when they reach maturity, then rein them,” he said.

“You should not suppress their creativity at this stage.”
    Source: https://www.dawn.com/news/1512360/yo...an-global-poll.

LIONEL MESSI FAN

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I feel like a lot of PTI supporters in Pakistan thought that just because PTI and IK won, they will wake up the next day of the elections and Pakistan will be like UK, France, Germany. For 70 years Pakistan has been floundering and people are expecting IK to wave a magic wand and fix everything.

3. Murad Saeed, came through the ranks of PTI student bodies, NHA and Communication minister
    11. Reza Baqir, SBP chairman, go and read his bio and find me a more qualified person

I can go on and on.... some people do not have the mental capability to separate fact from fiction and just parrot what the paid media has told them. PTI is not dying for your vote, 17 million Pakistanis voted for them. In 2023 even more will vote for PTI, you can refrain from voting because you think IK didn't use his magic wand.
    Brilliant post bro, if you just follow the narrative on media blindly then Nawaz Sharif is the biggest victim and all institutions are against the great democrat. Reality is that no one in our history damaged the institutions more than him to save his corrupt empire he built over the years and even now his media buddies are busy making him saviour of democracy when in fact the crook just wants to hold on to looted wealth stashed overseas.

Quite a lot of ministers in cabinet have only been in PTI in their careers and he hardly has any choice even for the non PTI ones he has appointed as this is how democracy works not just in Pakistan but around the world alliance partners are accommodated.

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    True.

I agree that those living abroad may not be suffering as those in Pakistan but this could also mean we think logically rather than emotionally? As i said many times before, people in Pakistan are suffering due to SIDE EFFECTS of policies and hence the reason you are purely thinking emotionally. Once you stop thinking emotionally, you will realize that the SIDE EFFECTS of reforms may not be pleasant but end result will be sustainable growth and long lasting benefits. Pakistan is going through surgery without which we had NO FUTURE so don't get stuck on side effects of surgery.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waseem View Post
    Brilliant post bro, if you just follow the narrative on media blindly then Nawaz Sharif is the biggest victim and all institutions are against the great democrat. Reality is that no one in our history damaged the institutions more than him to save his corrupt empire he built over the years and even now his media buddies are busy making him saviour of democracy when in fact the crook just wants to hold on to looted wealth stashed overseas.

Quite a lot of ministers in cabinet have only been in PTI in their careers and he hardly has any choice even for the non PTI ones he has appointed as this is how democracy works not just in Pakistan but around the world alliance partners are accommodated.
    It is a top post, 12 points and the anti IK/PTI/Pakistan brigade have fallen silent. Such is the power of the truth, and the truth no doubt is that Pakistan is on course for an economic and social boom. 20 years time people will ask themselves - *Why oh why did I not invest in Pakistan*.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Chemotherapy is never pleasant. Most cancer patients choose to live quality of life for one year rather than 5-10 years of painful chemotherapy

Sadly in the Pakistani economy case, the cancer patient does not have a choice to avoid chemotherapy

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    PTI supporters have some nerve to talk about fresh faces when Imran Khan made the PPP crook Pervez Khattak as CM KP after selling the fake dream of tabdeeli, before deciding to replace him with the useless Mahmood Khan, another former PPP member, but a lesser fraud than Khattak.

Moreover, his Foreign Minister, the fake pir, is also a former PPP stalwart.

He has handed Information Ministries to duffers like Fawad Chaudhry and Firdous Awan, while his financial advisor is a former PPP Finance Minister.

His Railway Minister is Sheikh Rasheed, the biggest lota in Pakistan history and the man who wasn’t good enough to be Imran Khan’s chaprasi a few years ago.

Apparently, none of that means anything because the Minister of Water Resources, the grade A show-off Faisal Vawda, is a fresh candidate.

Nonetheless, cult-members will be cult-members who will defend and justify anything that this pathetic, fake party does. The brain-washing is very strong.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    PTI supporters have some nerve to talk about fresh faces when Imran Khan made the PPP crook Pervez Khattak as CM KP after selling the fake dream of tabdeeli, before deciding to replace him with the useless Mahmood Khan, another former PPP member, but a lesser fraud than Khattak.

He has handed Information Ministries to duffers like Fawad Chaudhry and Firdous Awan, while his financial advisor is a former PPP Finance Minister.

His Railway Minister is Sheikh Rasheed, the biggest lota in Pakistan history and the man who wasn’t good enough to be Imran Khan’s chaprasi a few years ago.

Apparently, none of that means anything because the Minister of Water Resources, the grade A show-off Faisal Vawda, is a fresh candidate.

Nonetheless, cult-members will be cult-members who will defend and justify anything that this pathetic, fake party does. The brain-washing is very strong.
    Another long essay from a guy that supports Billo or Maryam, I am never sure which crook is your flavour of the month,Or is it Diesel? who leads to both, and whose job is to get NS and AZ out. If these guys done wrong, why didn't the Nooras and PPP take action in their 10 years, who stopped them?

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Damned when the PTI does it, perfectly alright whatever the PPP and PML-N do. Yawn its getting boring now and very predictable.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Another long essay from a guy that supports Billo or Maryam, I am never sure which crook is your flavour of the month,Or is it Diesel? who leads to both, and whose job is to get NS and AZ out. If these guys done wrong, why didn't the Nooras and PPP take action in their 10 years, who stopped them?
    What I don't understand, it is gunah-e-kabira if PTI government has some ex-PPP folks within their ranks, but it is perfectly acceptable (infact desired) to have Billo of PPP inheritance fame in government and all current PPP members as ministers.

I do not understand, so having current PPP members in government is ok, but having ex-PPP members is not ok.

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

KPK voted for PTI again in 2018 and infact gave them 2/3rd majority. The people even in your city/province do not agree with you what are you talking about corrupta...

Keep crying you have 4 more years of rona dhona ahead off you

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ISLAMABAD: The country’s large-scale manufacturing output shrank for fifth month in a row, raising fears of massive layoffs across the industrial sector.

The LSM index dipped by 7.06 per cent in the second month of this fiscal year from a year ago, the Pakistan Bureau of Statistics (PBS) reported on Friday.

In comparison, the index had contracted by the first month of current fiscal year, LSM index shrank by 3.28pc while it fell 6.04pc year-on-year between July and August.

In 2018-19, the three LSM sectors recorded a decline of 3.64pc against the target growth of 8.1pc, which the government has set at 3.1pc for 2019-20.

The decrease in LSM was mainly led by a dip of 14pc in petroleum products, followed by 12.82pc in automobile sector, 12.58pc in non-metallic minerals, 9.96pc in fertilisers, 9.81pc in pharmaceuticals, 5.63pc in chemicals, 5.43pc in engineering, 5.10pc in iron and steel and 0.08pc in textile sector.

Sector wise, production data of 11 items under the Oil Companies Advisory Committee registered dec*rease of 0.66pc, whereas 36 items under the Ministry of Indu*stries and Production shrank by 4.89pc and 65 items by Provincial Bureaus of Statistics 1.5pc.

The lacklustre performance in the industrial sector reflects the overall economic slowdown across various sectors in the ongoing fiscal year.

LSM constitutes 80pc of manufacturing and 10.7pc of the overall GDP. In comparison, small-scale manufacturing accounts for just 1.8pc of GDP and 13.7pc in manufacturing.

Data reveals various factors that led to the slowdown including lower Public Sector Development Programme expenditures compared to last year, deceleration in the private construction activities and consumer spending on durable goods.

The impact was more noticeable in the construction-allied industries as demand for housing moderated amid rising building materials’ prices and higher cost of financing. Certain sector-specific issues also contributed to the decline in LSM.

Automobile prices witnessed multiple upward revisions due to currency depreciations, which kept potential buyers at bay. On a yearly basis, the auto sector registered sales decline in almost all variants during the second month of this fiscal year. The production of tractor dipped by 36.3pc, trucks 58.8pc, buses 38.38pc, jeeps and cars 41.71p, LCVs 10.76pc and motor cycles 12.86pc.

Pharmaceutical sector also suffered due to a considerable lag in regulatory adjustments in prices, which in addition to the weakening of local currency added to the distress of an import-dependent sector. As a result, the production of syrups declined by 36.82pc, tablets 4.95pc, capsules 2.9pc and injections 7.49pc.

Similarly, lower sugarcane production and carry forward from last year’s inventories further dampened the prospects of sugar industry. In the non-metallic mineral products, cement production was down by 12.12pc in August.

Moreover, production of cooking oil, and tea blended fell by 9.71pc and 35.86pc, respectively. However, vegetable ghee production increased by 0.66pc in August FY19 on a yearly basis.
    Source: https://www.dawn.com/news/1512657/bi...-7pc-in-august.

LIONEL MESSI FAN

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    It is funny how PTI supporters operate:

They will blow the tabdeeli and Naya Pakistan trumpet, but when you show them the mirror and prove to them that their tabdeeli is fake and Naya Pakistan is still Purana Pakistan, they whine that the other parties also function in a similar way.

PTI supporters still cannot make up their mind on whether PTI is a revolution or a lesser evil. A party that stands for revolution and real tabdeeli will never allow lotas from other parties into its fold because these people do not represent change.

They are incapable of making a difference because they do not have the interests of country at heart - they only care about their political careers.

People are fools to think that the fake pir Shah Mehmood Qureshi left PPP in 2011 because he wanted to help achieve the Naya Pakistan dream. He left PPP because it was a sinking ship at that point and PTI was on the ascendency.

You simply cannot bring tabdeeli and achieve the dream of Naya Pakistan with people like him, Pervez Khattak, Fawad Chaudhry, Firdous Awan, Hafeez Shaikh etc., and not to mention Imran Khan’s stunt of making the PTI supporters of NA-245 vote for Amir Liaquat.

Imran Khan’s tabdeeli drama ended when he took the lota route. While the crook Khattak joined PTI in 2011 and was rewarded with the CM KP position for his PPP experience, PTI was still a relatively fresh party.

However, after the reality check in 2013 and in his desperation to become the PM using any means possible, Imran Khan was happy to give tickets to every fraud, crook and failure in the political circle as long as they had established vote banks.

PTI is a fake party with a fake manifesto. It has weak roots and is standing on the shoulders of turncoats in the parliament. They don’t have a sustainable model and they won’t be able to resist pressure from the opposition, who are only getting started now.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    It is funny how PTI supporters operate:

They will blow the tabdeeli and Naya Pakistan trumpet, but when you show them the mirror and prove to them that their tabdeeli is fake and Naya Pakistan is still Purana Pakistan, they whine that the other parties also function in a similar way.

PTI supporters still cannot make up their mind on whether PTI is a revolution or a lesser evil. A party that stands for revolution and real tabdeeli will never allow lotas from other parties into its fold because these people do not represent change.

They are incapable of making a difference because they do not have the interests of country at heart - they only care about their political careers.

People are fools to think that the fake pir Shah Mehmood Qureshi left PPP in 2011 because he wanted to help achieve the Naya Pakistan dream. He left PPP because it was a sinking ship at that point and PTI was on the ascendency.

You simply cannot bring tabdeeli and achieve the dream of Naya Pakistan with people like him, Pervez Khattak, Fawad Chaudhry, Firdous Awan, Hafeez Shaikh etc., and not to mention Imran Khan’s stunt of making the PTI supporters of NA-245 vote for Amir Liaquat.

Imran Khan’s tabdeeli drama ended when he took the lota route. While the crook Khattak joined PTI in 2011 and was rewarded with the CM KP position for his PPP experience, PTI was still a relatively fresh party.

However, after the reality check in 2013 and in his desperation to become the PM using any means possible, Imran Khan was happy to give tickets to every fraud, crook and failure in the political circle as long as they had established vote banks.

PTI is a fake party with a fake manifesto. It has weak roots and is standing on the shoulders of turncoats in the parliament. They don’t have a sustainable model and they won’t be able to resist pressure from the opposition, who are only getting started now.
    Its funny how the mental midgets of the mafia find justifications to support criminal family daynasties( EACH WEEK ITS A DIFFERENT FAVOURITE) and spend hours justifying their criminality- i suppose birds of a feather and all that.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Its funny how the mental midgets of the mafia find justifications to support criminal family daynasties( EACH WEEK ITS A DIFFERENT FAVOURITE) and spend hours justifying their criminality- i suppose birds of a feather and all that.
    I don’t need morality lessons from someone who funds the killings of Muslims in the Middle East.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't you read my post where I clearly said that we all know economy turn around will take time? The issue I have is related to his U-Turns on the very revolutionary things he sold us before election, because of which we found him different, which gave us hope.

The important ministries belong to either turncoats or unelected. The finance minister is a TTF and unelected. The interior minister is a TTF and unelected. The foreign minister is a turncoat. The spokesperson is a TTF and unelected. Asad Umar, who was promoted as the brain, was sacked out of no where without any concrete reason. Imran Khan preached against turncoats before election, but with time bulldozed this sermon as well.

You are acting like a blind supporter. Do you even live in Pakistan?

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is amazing how the crooked Pakistanis are in denial of their improving economy; I guess what matters in the end is money in the pockets. Alas! Those envelopes have dried up! Remember, these crooks do not care about the economy, only the envelopes!

Meanwhile, while Pakistan's economy is bubbling for a boom, India's economy is about to tank, and big time! Contagion runs the risk of spreading in India, banks are about to go poof into thin air, and this is of the reasons investors are pulling money out of the distorted and misleading market that is India.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...inancial-firms

Pakistan is the future!

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I don’t need morality lessons from someone who funds the killings of Muslims in the Middle East.
    So paying taxes in the adopted country is helping to kill Muslims? Your stupidity and hypocrisy has no boundries- but i suppose being brought on haraam, supporting crooks leads to melt downs.
    BTW why are you the forum, the creater of this forum also lives in the UK, are you accusing him of funding the death of muslims? I am sure @Saj would like to hear more from you!

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't you read my post where I clearly said that we all know economy turn around will take time? The issue I have is related to his U-Turns on the very revolutionary things he sold us before election, because of which we found him different, which gave us hope.

Wait a minute, you found IK to be different because of the revolutionary things he sold you and not because he was not corrupt? Hmmm.

Anyway, a politician making a U-turn isn't something new, it happens on a daily basis across the world. An and anyway, you will have another say at the next GE, then vote him out. Until then, do the right thing and support Pakistan, if not IK.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

The important ministries belong to either turncoats or unelected. The finance minister is a TTF and unelected. The interior minister is a TTF and unelected. The foreign minister is a turncoat. The spokesperson is a TTF and unelected. Asad Umar, who was promoted as the brain, was sacked out of no where without any concrete reason. Imran Khan preached against turncoats before election, but with time bulldozed this sermon as well.

You are acting like a blind supporter. Do you even live in Pakistan?
    Is the policy different if Assad Umer had been in place, probably not. PK had to go to the IMF because Nooras bankrupted the country, the IMF for whatever reason didnt want Assad Umer, and he was sacked. Many of us also disagreed
    Last edited by Bewal Express; 24th October 2019 at 18:43.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    But you back the fascist Modi and his killing of innocent muslims in Kashmir. What a hypocritical mental midget!!!

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the policy different if Assad Umer had been in place, probably not. PK had to go to the IMF because Nooras bankrupted the country, the IMF for whatever reason didnt want Assad Umer, and he was sacked. Many of us also disagreed
    This is ridiculous defence. Then why did he promote him as the brain/finance minister before election, only to be sacked after few months? Look these things hurt, these shocking U-Turns. And please don't throw such typical statements around that Nooras bankrupted the country hence had to go to IMF. When Imran Khan confidently said he won't go to IMF, was Pakistan a super power during that time? We were in fact passing through a bad patch even during those days. This was a revolutionary claim that he won't go to IMF, we were amazed, supported him for such revolutionary things, but look what he did? Bulldozed it.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is ridiculous defence. Then why did he promote him as the brain/finance minister before election, only to be sacked after few months? Look these things hurt, these shocking U-Turns. And please don't throw such typical statements around that Nooras bankrupted the country hence had to go to IMF. When Imran Khan confidently said he won't go to IMF, was Pakistan a super power during that time? We were in fact passing through a bad patch even during those days. This was a revolutionary claim that he won't go to IMF, we were amazed, supported him for such revolutionary things, but look what he did? Bulldozed it.
    Revolutionary claim? Did you stop to think what would happen if he had not gone to the IMF and fulfilled his *revolutionary* promise? What do you think would be the state of Pakistan right now?

Are you new to politics? Just wondering.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Technics 1210 View Post
    Wait a minute, you found IK to be different because of the revolutionary things he sold you and not because he was not corrupt? Hmmm.

Anyway, a politician making a U-turn isn't something new, it happens on a daily basis across the world. An and anyway, you will have another say at the next GE, then vote him out. Until then, do the right thing and support Pakistan, if not IK.
    You naturally support someone who has a revolutionary vision, especially in Pakistan where we were ruled and ruined by the likes of Musharraf, Zardari, Nawaz. He is not corrupt, yes, that is a big plus, but more than what he promised mattered a lot. But unfortunately he has bulldozed it all. Although he still has 4 years remaining, but looking at his cabinet I am not that confident.

It seems as if these things don't matter to you. It is like someone lies to you and you say it is ok it happens daily across the world. What do you mean by do the right by supporting Pakistan, if not IK? I live in Pakistan, I am proudly serving this country, what else support do you require? Imran Khan's performance has been abysmal, anyone living over here, especially those living a middle class or below life know what they are passing through, as they are in touch with ground realities more.

Do you live in Pakistan?

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Technics 1210 View Post
    Revolutionary claim? Did you stop to think what would happen if he had not gone to the IMF and fulfilled his *revolutionary* promise? What do you think would be the state of Pakistan right now?

Are you new to politics? Just wondering.
    That is another topic altogether that what would have happened if he had not gone to IMF? It was still an option, as Asad Umar had revealed. The issue here is his U-Turn, for which he should first apologise, then he can carry on with IMF. He lied to us.