Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) spokesperson Fawad Chaudhry on Thursday said that party has decided against inviting foreign dignitaries to PM-elect Imran Khan’s oath-taking ceremony.

Speaking to the media regarding preparations for Imran’s oath-taking ceremony, Chaudhry said, “The PTI chairman has directed that the ceremony should be extremely simple and not ostentatious.”

“We will not invite any foreign dignitaries,” the PTI spokesperson said.

However, he added that some foreign friends of Imran will be invited to the event. “A few of Imran’s friends are the only foreign nationals being invited to the event,” he said.

Imran invites Bollywood star Aamir Khan, Indian sportsmen to oath-taking ceremony

“The ceremony will be a purely national event,” he added.

Chaudhry also clarified that Imran will take his oath as 20th prime minister of Pakistan at the President House in Islamabad.

A day earlier, the PTI spokesperson had shared that Imran extended an invitation to Indian sportsmen and Bollywood star Aamir Khan to attend this oath-taking ceremony.

Chaudhry remarked that those invited to the oath-taking ceremony include former Indian captain Sunil Gavaskar, Kapil Dev, Navjot Sidhu and Bollywood star Aamir Khan.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/205796-not...ath-taking-pti

[QUOTE=Mamoon;9742871]Don't see us ascending from 7th/6th in the near future. 5-0 in England and South Africa awaits us, we will be lucky to even draw one match. [/QUOTE]

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Mamoon;9742871]Don't see us ascending from 7th/6th in the near future. 5-0 in England and South Africa awaits us, we will be lucky to even draw one match. [/QUOTE]

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NEW DELHI: Cricketer-turned-politician Navjot Singh Sidhu said on Thursday he sees the ascension of Imran Khan in Pakistan as "an opportunity to change people's lives, and as an opportunity for peace".

In a press conference, Sidhu heaped praise on Pakistan's cricketer-turned-politician Prime Minister-elect, displayed how ecstatic he was at being invited to Khan's swearing in ceremony and said Khan could finally be the key to better India-Pakistan ties.

"He (Khan) has always exhibited great character during times of crisis and man with character can be trusted…he built a world class hospital in a place where there was hardly any proper healthcare…look at his journey in politics, he's rise from scratch, fought the system and he's now empowered to change things," said Sidhu.

It's time, said the former Indian batsman, to change the image of the 'ugly politician.' Presumably, he was referring to Khan's being easy on the eye, as Times Now reported him saying Khan was like a Greek God.

Earlier, Sidhu has said he was accepting the invitation to attend Khan's swearing in which is expected to take place on August 11. IN addition to Sidhu, Khan's invited former cricket greats Sunil Gavaskar and Kapil Dev. Also in receipt of an invite is Bollywood actor Aamir Khan, whose connection to cricket is the period film ‘Lagaan’, in which he played the lead role.

It is (a) great honour, I accept the invitation. Men of genius are admired, men of power are feared, but men of character are trusted. Khan Sahab is a man of character. He can be trusted. Sportsmen build bridges, break barriers, unite people," Sidhu said in a statement.

Sources said the invitations to the Indian celebrities were sent out on the basis of the good rapport Khan shares with them. In his victory speech, following the July 25 general elections in which the PTI emerged as the single largest party, Khan reminded his critics in media that his connection with Indians was from the days of playing cricket and traveling in India.

Though the invites to the non-governmental guests have already been sent, the PTI has asked the Foreign Office (FO) to confirm whether foreign heads of states could be invited to the prime minister’s swearing-in ceremony, scheduled to take place in Islamabad on August 11, three days before the country’s Independence Day. Sources said the PTI leaders in a meeting with the Foreign Office today sought permission to invite Modi and other foreign heads of Saarc states to the ceremony.

However, a day earlier, the PTI had denied news reports that it was considering inviting Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and other heads of Saarc countries.

In an informal conversation with reporters outside the Supreme Court after meeting the chief justice of Pakistan Mian Saqib Nisar, the PTI’s spokesperson Fawad Chaudhry said that the party has asked the FO if it would be possible to invite foreign dignitaries, including Indian PM Narendra Modi, at a short notice.

“The FO is yet to respond on the matter and we are waiting for it,” Chaudhry said.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...0.cms?from=mdr

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    If Aamir Khan is going to be invited, I feel SRK should be there too. For one Khan to invite one brother and ignore the other seems like a rebuff to me. Although under no circumstances should Salman Khan be invited, the 'roids have turned him into a brown Michelin man

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Occupied Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I heard there will be no invitations as IK wants to keep it simple. Is that true??

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good move my Imran not to make a alishan tamasha of it, hahah, almost a counter to Baby Trump who cried about crowd numbers. He also said, sun was shining on the lawn as if God was thanking - I was stunned by hearing that

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Faisal Javed, a senior member, clarifies that if PTI has indeed been in contact with some of these personalities, it was more about informal discussions/congratulations and not invitations for the oath-taking ceremony, which will be "simple" :

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UN talkz View Post
    It seems Indians need government approval for everything? What kind of state is this?

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    It seems Indians need government approval for everything? What kind of state is this?
    Most of the Indian celebrities are scared to speak their mind due to fear of radicalized religious group has hold on Inidan government and media.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slipcatch View Post
    Most of the Indian celebrities are scared to speak their mind due to fear of radicalized religious group has hold on Inidan government and media.
    Quite the opposite. Most of the celebrities love to pretend to be victims of right wing hatred, when it is just limited to few abuses on twitter. That way they keep getting funded from the anti india forces who have deep pockets, while we right wingers don't even have a deep vocabulary.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slipcatch View Post
    I agree but why do they need government clearance to visit any nation if they have a valid passport and visa?

In the UK I can go anywhere in the world and do what I like without asking permission from the government .

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Its a state Indians have made for themselves. We surely dont need your approval.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    I agree but why do they need government clearance to visit any nation if they have a valid passport and visa?

In the UK I can go anywhere in the world and do what I like without asking permission from the government .
    Uk govt allows free travel to Syria?

Pakistan is considered a "not friendly" country.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Uk govt allows free travel to Syria?

Pakistan is considered a "not friendly" country.
    Yes I can go to Syria.

So why do Sikhs visit yearly?

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Yes I can go to Syria.

And they do so happily, YouTube is full of Vlogs with them saying how awesome their experience is in Pakistan and how nice people are.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Yes I can go to Syria.

That is under a religious tourism agreement that India has with Pakistan.

aaj mujh ko bahut burā kah kar
    aap ne naam to liyā merā
    -----Jaun Eliya

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yes I can go to Syria.

That should be stopped as well, many RAW agents/spies could pass as Sikh yatris.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mian View Post
    Sachin too?

That's covered the celebrities from the three most popular things in India.

1. Cricket
    2. Bollywood
    3. Politics

I don't know how would guys like @Napa and @cricketjoshila react if anyone out of these goes to this oath taking ceremony?

I mean if they can question someone's nationality when he says he would support Imran on an internet forum. I wonder what will they call these celebrities if they go to Pakistan to attend the oath taking ceremony of so called ISI backed PTI's PM Imran Khan?

Sachin and Sunil shouldn't go to remain diplomatic with the Shiv Sena and other goons there.

Only Navjot Sidhu should go there because hundreds of sikhs from India go to Pakistan every year. Should visit Nankana Sahib Gurudwara too. So that won't look odd.

Aamir Khan please don't go. You are the only one who comes up with good movies.
    Don't spoil that. You can go live on camera and congratulate Imran Khan on that day.
    Last edited by Bhaag Viru Bhaag; 2nd August 2018 at 20:33.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That is under a religious tourism agreement that India has with Pakistan.
    I believe people in Pakistan can ask for relatives to visit too. So family members and those on religious duties can visit but a cricketing star needs government approval?

Quote Originally Posted by enkidu_ View Post
    That should be stopped as well, many RAW agents/spies could pass as Sikh yatris.

This would be expected from Indians but I would like Sikhs to visit their holy places in general.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    I believe people in Pakistan can ask for relatives to visit too. So family members and those on religious duties can visit but a cricketing star needs government approval?

This would be expected from Indians but I would like Sikhs to visit their holy places in general.
    Again all travels are subjected to govt approval. The Passport is a property of the govt of India and not the individual.

aaj mujh ko bahut burā kah kar
    aap ne naam to liyā merā
    -----Jaun Eliya

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Again all travels are subjected to govt approval. The Passport is a property of the govt of India and not the individual.
    Its the same in any country, all passports belong to the nations. But the UK wont stop you going anywhere. For a big star such as Kapil to get approval to visit Pakistan is pathetic imo.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You can't take risks.

Perhaps these "holy" places should be moved to Jalandhar or Amritsar.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Invite their top celebrities if you want but not Modi. That will definitely put their PM's back side on fire and humiliate him

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhenSultansBowled View Post
    Nice list. I don't like Modi and I'd rather he doesn't come to Pakistan.

IK has a very good relationship with Sunny and Dev, so not surprised there! Amir Khan the actor, why him tho?

SRT will come to Pakistan when, Insha'Allah, Indian cricket team visits Pakistan in coming years. Mark my words.
    I think in one of his interviews, Imran said that he's a big fan of Aamir Khan and he watches his movies with his sons in his free time.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol what kind of orwellian police state do you live in? In no democratic country does any govt control what countries their citizens visit.
    Last edited by Pakistanian; 3rd August 2018 at 02:56.

"Be the best version of yourself"

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UN talkz View Post
    ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) spokesperson Fawad Chaudhry on Thursday said that party has decided against inviting foreign dignitaries to PM-elect Imran Khan’s oath-taking ceremony.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/205796-not...ath-taking-pti

Finally sanity prevails, we don't need Indian stars in OUR PM ceremony.

140 characters from Lala's keyboard, it’s as if he’s launched 140 nuclear missiles on India.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't take risks.

Perhaps these "holy" places should be moved to Jalandhar or Amritsar.
    That would be ideal.

140 characters from Lala's keyboard, it’s as if he’s launched 140 nuclear missiles on India.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Massive political row erupts over Imran Khan's invitations; 'treachery', cries BJP as Sidhu swears he will go

New Delhi: A day after Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf reportedly invited cricketer-turned politician Navjyot Sidhu, actor Aamir Khan, Sunil Gavaskar and Kapil Dev for Imran Khan's swearing-in ceremony as Pakistan Prime Minister, a political debate has erupted over the acceptance of the invites.

While Sidhu has already accepted the invite, actor-filmmaker Aamir Khan has said that he was not going to Pakistan as he had not received any invite. Cricketer Kapil Dev too, said that he had not received any invite and added that he would go if an invitation is received.

Meanwhile, political parties have begun a blame game over Khan's invites. The Indian National Congress has called Khan's gesture a 'good beginning'. "Imran Khan's decision- whom to invite, who not to. He has invited his old friends and other celebrities from the industry. It is a good beginning," P L Punia of Congress told Times Now.

NCP's Majeed Memon said that the invite "should not be treated as an insult to the Office of the Prime Minister". "If I am allowed by the Indian government, and there are permissions that need to be sought, I would definitely go. This would usher in a new era. You've got to give it a chance. We all live for peace and for the betterment of the lives of our people," Sidhu told Times Now.

Meanwhile, BJP's Subramanian Swamy called Sidhu's decision to travel to Pakistan, a 'treachery'.

"I haven't checked yet about the invitation, but if I will get the invite then I will surely go there (Pakistan) for the oath ceremony ( of Imran Khan), considering Govt approval," Kapil Dev was quoted as saying by news agency ANI. What is likely to also raise eyebrows is also the fact that Kapil Dev is an honorary officer of the Territorial Army.

https://www.timesnownews.com/india/a...eachery/263347

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So much uproar and confusion over something so trivial.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    So much uproar and confusion over something so trivial.
    Where is the uproar? Everything is normal outside.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastGreatMan View Post
    Where is the uproar? Everything is normal outside.
    Meanwhile, BJP's Subramanian Swamy called Sidhu's decision to travel to Pakistan, a 'treachery'.

You can also check this out:
    https://www.google.com.pk/amp/s/www....eld-day/263509

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kapil Dev says he will attend Imran Khan’s swearing-in if he gets invite

Former India captain Kapil Dev said on Saturday he is yet to get a formal invite from Pakistan Prime Minister-in-waiting Imran Khan to attend his swearing-in ceremony though he has been informally communicated to be present at the event.

“I have been invited, but not in writing. I got a call from his team, but I haven’t received any mail yet. I am waiting for a formal invite,” Kapil told reporters on the sidelines of Lousi Phillepe Celebrity Pro Am, an international Professional Golf tournament, here.

“If I get a formal invite, I will go and attend the ceremony,” he added.

Kapil said he congratulated Imran over phone on his becoming Prime-Minister-in-waiting.

“I said well done young man,” said Kapil, who is considered as one of the greatest all-rounders of all time along with Imran.

He said it was wonderful to see a cricketer like Imran reaching up to the post of prime minister of Pakistan.

“Imran has worked very hard for 20-odd years and he selflessly worked for his country and today he got reward for that. I hope he can keep working in the same manner,” said Kapil, who had played against Imran in many matches.

Imran’s Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) emerged as the single largest party in the country’s National Assembly after the July 25 election.

Kapil also hoped that both India and Pakistan can iron out bigger issues and bring peace to the region.

He hoped Imran would do well as Pakistan Prime Minister because he was a very good captain of his country’s cricket team.

“Imran was a very good captain, for it was not easy to lead a team like Pakistan. Because of his brilliant captaincy, Pakistan did well. I hope he does the same for his country as Prime Minister,” Kapil said.

https://indianexpress.com/article/sp...nvite-5291798/

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Will take government’s advice: Sunil Gavaskar on attending Imran Khan’s swearing-in

Indian batting legend Sunil Gavaskar today said he will take the government’s advice before deciding to attend his great cricket rival Imran Khan’s swearing-in as the next Prime Minister of Pakistan.

Gavaskar, along with former skipper Kapil Dev, have been invited to attend the oath-taking ceremony of Imran, who led Pakistan to its maiden World Cup title in 1992.

“I would like to take our government’s OK, take their view, opinion whether I should travel there even if there is a day when I am able to go,” Gavaskar told ‘India Today’.

Gavaskar is not certain as to whether he will be able to attend the ceremony as he has his other commitments.

“I just got the invite yesterday, and the invite was from his (Imran’s) office, his party. An official invite in a way hasn’t been there. I would like to travel but whether I would be able to travel is a different matter.

“And I say this because I have got commitments to do commentary for the second Test starting at Lord’s. As of now from what I gathered the date of the swearing-in is not yet certain.

“If it is on the 15th (August) I clearly won’t be able to go because it’s my mother’s 93rd birthday, apart from it being India’s Independence day. And the same evening I am going to England to cover the remaining three Test matches.”

The former India skipper recalled the days following Pakistan’s World Cup triumph in 1992, when he was invited for the team’s felicitation ceremony in Lahore.

“Nawaz Sharif was the prime minister of Pakistan then and he invited me for the felicitation ceremony, which was held at a packed Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore. It was terrific to be part of celebration because nine years earlier we had that experience in the 1983 World Cup in England.

“I remember we went to Imran’s house for dinner quite often. I was there for about three or four days and he had Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan coming over to his place and singing, which was fantastic.

“And I remember when we went out, people would come and take my autograph, he would say ‘humne to jeete hain World Cup aur aapke peechhe lage saare humare mulk’. So it was quite a different experience,” Gavaskar said.

The Indian great is happy with Imran’s success in the elections.

“Yes, I do feel happy. He has got a great responsibility, he has worked hard for it. It is not his first election, he has tasted defeat in the earlier elections and in fact the last elections would have been little bit of a bitter blow because he was really expecting to win in that election.”

https://indianexpress.com/article/sp...ng-in-5292822/

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

Why tag a parody account of Gavaskar though

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sidhu as friend of IK? now this is a news for me lol

TalentSpotterPk: I pray PanamaLeak sink Sharif ship forever we dont want this pseudo democracy

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why tag a parody account of Gavaskar though
    He does suffer a few blunders does Faisal. Is he a personal friend of IK?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sidhu as friend of IK? now this is a news for me lol
    Sidhu had accepted the invite so enthusiastically (before it came), it would be mean to not send it now

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sidhu had accepted the invite so enthusiastically (before it came), it would be mean to not send it now
    lol yea and the use of the word "friend" is also to save him from further embarrassment in Indian media i guess

TalentSpotterPk: I pray PanamaLeak sink Sharif ship forever we dont want this pseudo democracy

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asim_khan View Post
    He does suffer a few blunders does Faisal. Is he a personal friend of IK?
    He joined the party as a kid in 90s and jawan he PTI main hua he If i remember correctly he used to work with Radio and now runs an ad company.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He joined the party as a kid in 90s and jawan he PTI main hua he If i remember correctly he used to work with Radio and now runs an ad company.

Well they've definitely fed him well in that time, he looks positively famished in that picture.

PTI ads during the election weren't upto scratch, that's something he can improve upon. Think that may have cost us Lahore.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1613 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asim_khan View Post
    Well they've definitely fed him well in that time, he looks positively famished in that picture.

PTI ads during the election weren't upto scratch, that's something he can improve upon. Think that may have cost us Lahore.
    We were never going to win significantly from Lahore knowing the mentality of Lahoris

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    the vanity show continues. Imran should get over his narcissism and think like the leader of Pakistan. reminds me of my successful friends who invite me to show off their farmhouse or govt provided bungalow, vehicles and bodyguard. Invite people who can be important for Pakistan, not your fake langotiya yaars.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is really irritating about Imran Khan as a politician. Firstly there were rumors about inviting the three for his swearing in, then he clarified that he would be having a simple ceremony, then back tracked and invited these three. I am not a political person and don't take sides with any political party, but this is annoying from IK. He has a history of back tracking to which some people refer to him as U Turner.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyRabbit View Post
    This is really irritating about Imran Khan as a politician. Firstly there were rumors about inviting the three for his swearing in, then he clarified that he would be having a simple ceremony, then back tracked and invited these three. I am not a political person and don't take sides with any political party, but this is annoying from IK. He has a history of back tracking to which some people refer to him as U Turner.
    He never said he is going to invite them it was his party leaders that kept mentioning them and imo you can still have a simple ceremony even if you invite people.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks, but no thanks: Sunil Gavaskar turns down Pakistan PM-designate Imran Khan's invite to oath ceremony

New Delhi: The confusion over the guest list of Pakistan Prime Minister-designate Imran Khan’s oath-taking ceremony on August 18 was cleared on Friday. “Cricket legends of India” Navjot Singh Sidhu, Sunil Gavaskar and Kapil Dev finally got an invitation to Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Kaptaan’s August 18 oath ceremony.

However, Gavaskar has denied the invitation, citing work commitment. He is due to be present at a test match in England on August 18. Sidhu, however, has accepted the demand and expressed great hopes from Imran Khan's innings as Pakistan's Prime Minister.

PTI flip-flopped on the guest list for the event originally planned for August 11. However, on Friday, Senior PTI leader Faisal Javed Khan announced that “cricket legends from India and Kaptaan's old friends Kapil Dev, Sidhu and Sunil Gavaskar” have been invited to the ceremony.

It was reported in early August that PTI had extended an invitation to several eminent Indian personalities including the three former-cricketers. However, it was almost immediately reported that Imran Khan decided against it.

On August 2, Sidhu told Times Now that it is a positive step which will usher in a new era. He said he sees “infinite possibilities” and even wants to take Chief Minister of Punjab to Shri Nankana Sahib in Pakistan (where Guru Nanak Devji was born and preached) to celebrate 550 years of Sikhism, which will be celebrated in 2019.

He even cited people-to-people ties and hailed Khan’s ascension as an opportunity for ties to improve between the two rival neighbours. Earlier, during a press conference, Sidhu hailed the invite as an “opportunity to change people’s lives”. Sidhu dubbed the invitation as a great honour and declared that he will attend, which then invited more flak. He was however clear that it is something positive and it should be viewed as such”

Imran Khan’s PTI emerged victorious in the July 25 general elections held in Pakistan.

https://www.timesnownews.com/india/a...m-india/268022

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Punjab Confirms Navjot Singh Sidhu's Invite For Imran Khan's Swearing-In

CHANDIGARH: The Punjab government on Saturday confirmed that former Indian cricketer Navjot Singh Sidhu has been invited for the swearing-in ceremony of Pakistan''s Prime Minister in-waiting Imran Khan on August 18 in Islamabad.

"The chairman of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf (PTI) Imran Khan, who is going to be sworn in as the Prime Minister of Pakistan, has sent invitation to former cricketer and Cabinet Minister, Punjab, Navjot Singh Sidhu to his swearing-in ceremony. Apart from this, Khan also extended personal invitation to Sidhu on the phone which was accepted in all humility by the latter," a government spokesman said in Chandigarh.

Besides Mr Sidhu, two other Indian cricket legends Sunil Gavaskar and Kapil Dev have also been invited.

Both Mr Sidhu and Mr Dev were contemporaries of the cricketer-turned-politician and had played several matches against Khan''s Pakistan cricket team.

Mr Sidhu, in a statement in Chandigarh, said that Mr Khan personally telephoned him also

"The Secretariat of the Chairman of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf has invited me to attend the swearing in ceremony of Imran Khan as the Prime Minister of Pakistan on August 18 at Islamabad," Mr Sidhu said.

During the brief conversation, Mr Khan thanked Mr Sidhu for praising him. Mr Sidhu said that he has informed the Union Home Ministry and office of the Punjab Chief Minister regarding his intention to attend the swearing in ceremony.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/punj...ing-in-1898961

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Imran planning to invite cricketing friends from other countries also, or just India?

In fact what about former Pakistan legend and friends of Imran who were not part of WC 92 like Zaheer Abbas, Abdul Qadir, Asif Iqbal, Waqar Younis, ..

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punjab Confirms Navjot Singh Sidhu's Invite For Imran Khan's Swearing-In

CHANDIGARH: The Punjab government on Saturday confirmed that former Indian cricketer Navjot Singh Sidhu has been invited for the swearing-in ceremony of Pakistan''s Prime Minister in-waiting Imran Khan on August 18 in Islamabad.

"The chairman of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf (PTI) Imran Khan, who is going to be sworn in as the Prime Minister of Pakistan, has sent invitation to former cricketer and Cabinet Minister, Punjab, Navjot Singh Sidhu to his swearing-in ceremony. Apart from this, Khan also extended personal invitation to Sidhu on the phone which was accepted in all humility by the latter," a government spokesman said in Chandigarh.

Besides Mr Sidhu, two other Indian cricket legends Sunil Gavaskar and Kapil Dev have also been invited.

Both Mr Sidhu and Mr Dev were contemporaries of the cricketer-turned-politician and had played several matches against Khan''s Pakistan cricket team.

Mr Sidhu, in a statement in Chandigarh, said that Mr Khan personally telephoned him also

"The Secretariat of the Chairman of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf has invited me to attend the swearing in ceremony of Imran Khan as the Prime Minister of Pakistan on August 18 at Islamabad," Mr Sidhu said.

During the brief conversation, Mr Khan thanked Mr Sidhu for praising him. Mr Sidhu said that he has informed the Union Home Ministry and office of the Punjab Chief Minister regarding his intention to attend the swearing in ceremony.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/punj...ing-in-1898961

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

https://www.samaa.tv/news/2018/08/na...s-swearing-in/

Former Indian cricketer Navjot Singh Sidhu has been granted a Pakistani visa to attend the swearing-in ceremony of prime minister in-waiting Imran Khan on August 18 in Islamabad.

Sidhu called PTI Senator Faisal Javed and confirmed that he has been issued the visa, according to SAMAA TV.

The PTI had invited Indian cricket legends Sunil Gavaskar, Kapil Dev and Sidhu to the oath-taking ceremony, but so far only Sidhu has confirmed his attendance.

Gavaskar said he would not be able to attend the event due to his professional commitments, while Dev is waiting for the Indian government’s permission.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kapil Dev won't attend Imran Khan's oath-taking ceremony as Pakistan PM

NEW DELHI: Former India captain Kapil Dev will not attend Pakistan Prime Minister-designate Imran Khan's oath-taking ceremony scheduled to be held on August 18.

Imran Khan has invited former cricketers Sunil Gavaskar, Kapil Dev and Navjot Singh Sidhu for his swearing-in ceremony. Other than these three, actor Aamir Khan has also been invited.

The former India captain turned down Khan's invitation citing "personal reasons". Kapil had earlier said that he would be happy to attend Khan's swearing-in ceremony if he gets a formal invite, which he did.

On Saturday, Sunil Gavaskar had attributed his inability to attend the ceremony to a Test match in England on August 18.

Meanwhile, Navjot Singh Sidhu is alllikely to attend the swearing-in ceremony of the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf chief.

In a statement on Saturday Sidhu said he had informed the Union Home Ministry and Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh's office regarding his intention to attend Khan's oath-taking ceremony on August 18 in Islamabad.

Sidhu has also informed the Union Home Ministry and office of the Punjab Chief Minister regarding his intention to attend the swearing in ceremony.

He said that he hoped that relations between India and Pakistan would improve with Khan becoming the prime minister of the neighbouring country.

https://www.abplive.in/india-news/ka...mpression=true
    Last edited by AssassinatedDevil; 14th August 2018 at 09:35.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol @ "personal reasons", funny.how that came up after his govt denied him permission. Now Sidhu will be under pressure as a Sikh to prove his allegiance to India.

"Be the best version of yourself"

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gavaskar should go to pakistan if invited, The oath is more important than commentating on a test match.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakistanian View Post
    Lol @ "personal reasons", funny.how that came up after his govt denied him permission. Now Sidhu will be under pressure as a Sikh to prove his allegiance to India.
    Well said. Indian media has made Imran Khan invitation a big issue already.

Rlaely it deson’t mttaer waht I wirte you’ll sitll uanrtednsnd it

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Where does it say that the govt denied permission?

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by princeuk View Post
    Gavaskar should go to pakistan if invited, The oath is more important than commentating on a test match.
    Gavaskar was invited. He wouldnot be going. He talked with Imran over phone.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Let Indians decide their allegiances. Seems you are more interested in it.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1613 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sindhu was always the most likely to come due to his Punjabi origins. I hope the Indian media doesn't turn him into a "desh-drohi".

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Sindhu was always the most likely to come due to his Punjabi origins. I hope the Indian media doesn't turn him into a "desh-drohi".
    I see a lot of comments on social media calling him an 'anti-Indian' etc.

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Aap aik qadam barhaein, hum do barhaein gay" - IK

I guess IK knew that these Indians won't even take "aadha qadam" let alone aik.

Baatein kara lo insay peace ki, but when its time to put their money where their mouth is, their true self is exposed!

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True face of Indian Government exposed again. They don't want to make amends with Pakistan.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    "Aap aik qadam barhaein, hum do barhaein gay" - IK

I guess IK knew that these Indians won't even take "aadha qadam" let alone aik.

Baatein kara lo insay peace ki, but when its time to put their money where their mouth is, their true self is exposed!
    Why dont you guys stop supporting arming funding and training a armed separatist and terrorist movement in India?

Doing meetings means zilch. India has understood that.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafa View Post
    True face of Indian Government exposed again. They don't want to make amends with Pakistan.

Why dont you guys stop supporting arming funding and training a armed separatist and terrorist movement in India?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Times Now is losing it.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1613 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Honestly I'm glad that we don't have to call these people our countrymen. Thank you Mr. Jinnah.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    #SidhuLearnFromSunny <--- Innovative.

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why dont you guys stop supporting arming funding and training a armed separatist and terrorist movement in Balochistan?
    ^ Fixed.

It's a two-way street, my friend. Let's not go down path. With the change in government, it was an ideal time to break the ice, but as I said, India's actions contradict their words.

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Times Now is losing it.
    No, they are not. They are just reflecting the current sentiments in your country.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Wait for Sidhu being called a Khalistani now.

Imran Khan played the Modi way : Modi when he used to talk of "peace" basically was expecting a negative response from the Pak side, so he could say to the intl. community that it's Pak who goes against "peace".

Imran Khan has the same plan. He knows that you can't expect anything in Modi-fied Hindustan which will always scheme and plan against an Islamic Republic built on the "body" of "Akhand Bharat". It's the ideological DNA of the BJP and associates (RSS, etc).

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Imran Khan played the Modi way : Modi when he used to talk of "peace" basically was expecting a negative response from the Pak side, so he could say to the intl. community that it's Pak who goes against "peace".

Imran Khan has the same plan. He knows that you can't expect anything in Modi-fied Hindustan which will always scheme and plan against an Islamic Republic built on the "body" of "Akhand Bharat". It's the ideological DNA of the BJP and associates (RSS, etc).
    LOL. imran khan is yet to reach the stature of Modi ji. While Modi ji invited head of states, and showed statemanship, Imran Khan is behaving more like a girl who wants to have a lavish wedding and wants to boast before he friends. Quite petty to invite ordinary cricketers like Sidhu who have no cloud but not head of states who can make a difference. Quite funny and entertaining to see this kim kardashian style of of politics in Pakistan.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1613 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    LOL. imran khan is yet to reach the stature of Modi ji. While Modi ji invited head of states, and showed statemanship, Imran Khan is behaving more like a girl who wants to have a lavish wedding and wants to boast before he friends. Quite petty to invite ordinary cricketers like Sidhu who have no cloud but not head of states who can make a difference. Quite funny and entertaining to see this kim kardashian style of of politics in Pakistan.
    You say that Imran wants a cinderalla wedding and wants to have who's who at this swearing in, but then in the same sentence you said that Imran Khan hasn't invited anyone of any importance. Contradiction much?

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    Inviting the SAARC heads of government for the swearing-in ceremony was just a symbolic way of cementing the idea of Akhand Bharat into the psyche of the Modi electoral base.

Better to fancy a lavish wedding than to project a lavish funeral, like the Akhand Bharat plan.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LOL @ your desparation.

If Siddhu was still in BJP, he would have denied the invitation.

Now that he is with Congress, he will do opposite of what BJP supporters wants him to do.

Its politics and it runs deep.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Inviting the SAARC heads of government for the swearing-in ceremony was just a symbolic way of cementing the idea of Akhand Bharat into the psyche of the Modi electoral base.

Better to fancy a lavish wedding than to project a lavish funeral, like the Akhand Bharat plan.
    I hope Imran Khan doesnt share your paranoia and fear of India. So you concede Imran is having a vanity trip by inviting people he played with, instead of acting like the leader of Pakistan who puts the nation before his childish dreams. But then what to expect from someone who said he wants naya Pakistan because he wants to get married.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This has become a clown show.

Most Indian people are not against Imran Khan. But they are against IK the PM of Pakistan for obvious reasons.

Anyway, Gavaskar and Kapildev decided not to go and it is their choice. If Siddhu wants to go, then he can. As I said in my above post, Sidhu will obviously go as he is with Congress now.