Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Balls faced by Kohli

At the end of 16th over, Kohli had faced 31 balls. By the time he got out in 47th over, he had faced 93 balls. So basically of the last 182 balls bowled, Kohli faced only 62 , that's like 1/3rd. Now m sure it's not somehting out of the order, but other Indian batsmen could have rotated the strike a little better or was England very smart about it.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rahane is all lost I think not played any useful inning for quite a while hopeless to expect from Vijay & Dhawan on away tours.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Had a habit of pinching a single off of the first ball of every over.

That didn't help, especially when the other batsmen played like bambi on ice at the other end.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't believe we had threads like 'Will this Indian team dominate like the Australians of 2000s' earlier. When fans of a dominant team are happy with being 'competitive' overseas, you know there is something incredibly wrong with using the word dominant in this case
    Last edited by MenInG; 4th August 2018 at 13:08.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indian and Pakistani fans are the same - want wholesale changes after one defeat.

They are good batsmen - playing in conditions most haven't played test cricket in much. Give them time.

It was a very good performance by India. They should be proud.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    I can't believe we had threads like 'Will this Indian team dominate like the Australians of 2000s' earlier. When fans of a dominant team are happy with being 'competitive' overseas, you know there is something incredibly wrong with using the word dominant in this case
    I think it should be a fellow Pakistani who made such thread & made such claims to irk or embarrass Indians or it should be some stupid Indian! No sane Indian Cricket fan would make such claims. We are all worried about the selection issues, stupid captaincy, bad coach and so many other things... We have not always held our head high and said that we are dominant or any blah blah! (I have seen Pakistanis also enjoying their success against Srilanka, Zimbabwe, etc, and keep remind of CT triumph as if that's the ultimate goal!)

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    When we have the bowling we dont have the batting,when we had the batting we didnt have the bowling.
    Nonetheless its still near impossible to beat us in India.India has a better chance winning overseas,than overseas teams ever have in India.ATG team stuff is hyperbole made by a pakistani poster to jinx.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair result, 4-5 Indian batsmen are playing whose replacements are already waiting for 1-2 years.
    a 2nd string bowling did exceptionally well and would have won the game had Dhawan-Karthik combo didn't miss those 5-6 catches , Overall England looked a better team.
    Well deserved

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corridor of Uncertainty View Post
    Indian and Pakistani fans are the same - want wholesale changes after one defeat.

They are good batsmen - playing in conditions most haven't played test cricket in much. Give them time.

It was a very good performance by India. They should be proud.
    India are not Bangladesh that they should feel proud of comic close. They are the No 1 Team in the world. Didn't play like it.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lehen View Post
    Fair result, 4-5 Indian batsmen are playing whose replacements are already waiting for 1-2 years.
    a 2nd string bowling did exceptionally well and would have won the game had Dhawan-Karthik combo didn't miss those 5-6 catches , Overall England looked a better team.
    Well deserved
    Kohli being caught on 22 in the first innings would have led to an innings defeat for India, and that's just one catch

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by austerlitz View Post
    When we have the bowling we dont have the batting,when we had the batting we didnt have the bowling.
    Nonetheless its still near impossible to beat us in India.India has a better chance winning overseas,than overseas teams ever have in India.ATG team stuff is hyperbole made by a pakistani poster to jinx.
    I had to bear Joshila bhaiís inane rants when I countered why India is not good enough to be called a dominant team. I hope heís had a lesson in humility now

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Btw ... Good Evening India !!</p>&mdash; Michael Vaughan (@MichaelVaughan) <a href="https://twitter.com/MichaelVaughan/status/1025729272978305024?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 4, 2018</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Overall poor performance by India

Kohli, Ishant, and Ashwin were very good but the rest were abysmal. Does not look like #1 team to me with so many flaws.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The blunt truth is that the outcome greatly flatters India. Allow me to clarify.

First of all - a truly great test match and credit to both teams. Test cricket is by far the best format in cricket and one of the greatest spectacles in sport.

It was a flawed performance by both teams. For India, the bowling was ok but the batting was a one man band. Apart from Kohli, the other batsman were no match for England.

England had many opportunities to end the game and should have won by far more.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India do not look a number 1 test team by any stretch. Home bullies only iím afraid.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I maintained that England would win if they got close to 300 in the first innings.

Glad to see I have been vindicated.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Edmonton-Lahore Canada-Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Props to England, but I really feel for Kohli, I mean the guy carried the team on his back in this game. Nonetheless Kohli continues to show why he is the best batsman in the world with an amazing performance.

IN PAKISTAN LIES OUR DELIVERANCE,DEFENCE, AND HONOUR.
    -Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Also I really liked the way Sam Curran bowled and batted looks like a good young prospect for England.

-Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QalandarFan View Post
    Also I really liked the way Sam Curran bowled and batted looks like a good young prospect for England.
    Jayant Yadav bowled and batted brilliantly against England when they toured! He did not end up any kind of prospect later on! Just saying

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Googly View Post
    India do not look a number 1 test team by any stretch. Home bullies only i’m afraid.
    No teams are looking like No.1 at the moment (probably Pakistan for you may look No.1) It is just the relativity, it is just the betterment (India are fully dominant at home and fractionally competitive outside, whereas other teams are fractionally dominant at home and marginally/negligibly competitive outside their den!) If a person scores 65 in a class room which has other students scoring below 55, then he will be "unfortunately" (much to the misery of PP'ers) will be termed as No.1, so unfortunate, what to do! So, let me on behalf of all Indians confess that we are not claiming to be undisputed No.1 or trying to compete with 00's Australian or 70's West Indian team (or heck even Pakistan team of 90s). At the same time I shall request all non-Indians to not force us to play like No.1 team/undisputed king team & expect us to conquer everyone everywhere, we can do only this much Sue the ICC which is making these rankings!
    Last edited by RamLakhan; 4th August 2018 at 16:28.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamLakhan View Post
    Jayant Yadav bowled and batted brilliantly against England when they toured! He did not end up any kind of prospect later on! Just saying
    What? You do know what a prospect is right? A prospect is just a player who seems talented and seems like they could go on to be a great player. So you saying Jayant didn’t end up a prospect isn’t correct he was a prospect but he didn’t end up achieveing greatness or what was expected of him. Therefore saying Sam Curran isn’t a prospect is incorrect. What you are trying to say I assusme is you dont think he will end up reaching his potential and that is two different things. Just saying

-Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    747 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    WaSam Akurran

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India do not look a number 1 test team by any stretch. Home bullies only iím afraid.
    Which good team are not home bullies? India is definitely not no. 1 by performances. In your opinion which team is no. 1 atm?

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kuskash View Post
    Which good team are not home bullies? India is definitely not no. 1 by performances. In your opinion which team is no. 1 atm?
    I would have to say India are deservedly the number 1 test team and there is no team who currently deserves that title more.

My criticism was not meant to be derogatory. It probably reflects the fact that everything is weighed against the visitors these days and there is simply not enough preparation. It may also reflect that teams are not prioritising test cricket and test cricket standards have dropped whilst odi standards have rocketed.

Saying that - I was disappointed with the Indian team and my comments implied that I expected more from a number 1 test team.

England have by far the better pace attack even with Bhuvi and Bhumra.

India clearly has the better spin attack.

Itís the batting that was the biggest let down. Kohli apart, the other batters look shaky.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember I am not disputing that India deserve the number 1 test status. They do. However, it is entirely due to their home performances and away to Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.

Put it this way. Who would win a test series between India and England in neutral territory - say South Africa- with 3 4-day preparation games each prior to the test series and no injuries?

I honestly think Englandís superior pace attack would result in a 2-0 win in a 3 test series in South Africa,

And I believe Pakistan would beat India on a neutral test series in South Africa for the same reason 😀

Quite simply - bowlers are key to winning away test series and Indiaís pace attack is probably 4th in the world after Aussies, Pakistan, Saffers, England.
    Last edited by The Googly; 4th August 2018 at 22:18.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Venue
    Deen Over Dunya
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quite simply - bowlers are key to winning away test series and India’s pace attack is probably 4th in the world after Aussies, Pakistan, Saffers, England.
    Pakistan's Test pace attack is almost certainly worse than India's.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Venue
    Deen Over Dunya
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember I am not disputing that India deserve the number 1 test status. They do. However, it is entirely due to their home performances and away to Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.
    Same could be said of Pakistan's ODI rank. They are so high simply due to beating Zimbabwe and Sri Lanka. Put them in a series in NZ and they lose 0-5.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ENG played well, Victory was within India's grasp but as always slipped away.. Kohli would be kicking himsel for getting out as Pandya was looking solid as a rock.....

"Everything else seems so superfluous." ~ Albert Einstein on the Bhagavad-Gita

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sam Curran >> ENG version of Irfan Pathan.......

"Everything else seems so superfluous." ~ Albert Einstein on the Bhagavad-Gita

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great, awesome and brilliant to always see India lose I knew and saidbefore the series began that without Kohli India will struggle. The win would have been far more convincing had England not dropped him in the first innings. The rest of the Indian batsmen are just average ones are seen in both innings who struggle away from home. This is why the BCCI mostly only wants to play at home coz abroad their hero's will be exposed like they were. England just need to dismiss Kohli sooner and the series is ours.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutdown Corner View Post
    Same could be said of Pakistan's ODI rank. They are so high simply due to beating Zimbabwe and Sri Lanka. Put them in a series in NZ and they lose 0-5.
    So winning a world icc event where all teams participate does not impact icc ranking?
    Looool

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the best way to judge the teams is to see how many players would genuinely make a combined test team :

Cook
    Dhawan
    Root
    Kohli
    Pujara
    Bairstow
    Stokes
    Curran
    Ashwin
    Broad
    Anderson

England 7 India 4

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutdown Corner View Post
    Pakistan's Test pace attack is almost certainly worse than India's.
    Not in these conditions. It is one of the best in England