Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indian media/fans/BCCI are busy in making Kohli a huge brand ignoring the progress and development of Indian cricket

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kuskash View Post
    Indian media/fans/BCCI are busy in making Kohli a huge brand ignoring the progress and development of Indian cricket
    Kohli or IPL?

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good things out of this series -
    3.End of vijay,dhawan.
    2.Excellent bowling show.
    1.The end of the cheerleader posing as coach and his coaching clique.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think India should accept they aren't good enough as a team - certainly not No.1 yet. They can take it into the 4th day - but not to the 5th.

Blaming coach or captain is just mindless venting.

They have sent better teams with Tendulkar, Dravid, Laxman, Ganguly, Dhoni, Kumble and lost then as well. Who did you blame then?

Too many weakness strewn across the team. Fix those first, then ask the captain and coach to explain.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corridor of Uncertainty View Post
    I think India should accept they aren't good enough as a team - certainly not No.1 yet. They can take it into the 4th day - but not to the 5th.

They have sent better teams with Tendulkar, Dravid, Laxman, Ganguly, Dhoni, Kumble and lost then as well. Who did you blame then?

Too many weakness strewn across the team. Fix those first, then ask the captain and coach to explain.
    I think the reason the fans are disappointed is because this is India's best ever group of fast bowlers and therefore capable of taking 20 wickets in overseas test matches. That in itself says a lot about the sorry history of Indian fast bowling. I get the impression that their fans are very disappointed to see this series slip away from their grasp due to awful batting, thus they are coping with it by blaming Shastri and Kohli.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Kohli or IPL?
    Both.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shastri was at best an average Cricketer like he is an average coach.Time for him to return back to the commentary box giving someone else the chance. Why not give Rahul Dravid who lead India to the U-18 WC win recently a chance. A top bloke, great former cricketer, well mannered as well as a humble and intelligent man. India need look no further then "The Wall", he's your man
    Last edited by PakLFC; 10th September 2018 at 23:40.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bring Kumble back. Broker peace between him and Kohli.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

We won the 2007 series in England jus saying, so we did win with the better team.
    Last edited by JaDed; 11th September 2018 at 06:25.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha typical reaction. Blame it on coach or selection policy of Kohli as if those who didn't play would have set the stadium on fire. Shastri is no good is given but what exactly any coach will be able to do in Indian setup when players are so high headed that they don't see anything wrong with their skills.

Give me example of one Indian cricketer in this team who has ever accepted that he disappointed everyone with his performance and would work hard on his game. The typical reaction from them when asked about their performance is - "i don't need to prove anything to anyone". Pujara after averaging 14 in county said "he's very happy with his form and conditions were tough". The players get selected because they are expected to perform in tough conditions, after all any good ranji player will also score big centuries against visiting teams in India. Our standard excuse is that conditions were tough, isnt thar how international cricket is supposed to be 'tough', how can that be an excuse for non performance.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Proactive_ View Post
    Even though India just fell a little but short in the recently concluded Test match, I can't help but think that the mess India have been finding themselves in overseas Test matches is nothing but self inflicted owing to the culture brought about by the Kohli-Shastri regime wherein NO ONE except Kohli can ever be sure of their places. It just ensures everyone is almost always playing under the pressure of being dropped with no backing whatsoever.

Rahane has been India's best batsman overseas by far? Let's drop him for the first two Tests in SA.

Pujara scores a match winning 50 in the last Test he played in SA? Nah, let's drop him because of his poor county season.

Dhawan scores 0&0 in the same conditions in the Practice match? No Problem, let's have him in. No hypocrisy at all there.

Kuldeep has been the Trump Card for India on this tour thus far? Nah mate, we got Umesh "Short and wide at 150 kmph" to make up for him.

It's embarrassing really. And I suspect it would get even worse until Kohli is removed from captaincy and/or Shastri is removed as coach to bring someone who can actually keep Kohli's stupid selection decisions in check.

Must have been extremely infuriating and agonizing for you to watch Kohli bat in SA AND ENG both Tests and ODIs and score about 1500 runs ! You didn't see that coming ehh? Ouch !.

Perhaps why I see you have completely shut up on that count and why you are seeking other ways to vent your anger?

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Monetarist View Post
    I think the reason the fans are disappointed is because this is India's best ever group of fast bowlers and therefore capable of taking 20 wickets in overseas test matches. That in itself says a lot about the sorry history of Indian fast bowling. I get the impression that their fans are very disappointed to see this series slip away from their grasp due to awful batting, thus they are coping with it by blaming Shastri and Kohli.
    Disagree complete ly. Many fans blamed Waqar and the management for performances of the Pakistan team in ODIs and the captaincy of Azhar as well and rightly so. Kohli and Shastri have backed underperforming players and have their likes and dislikes which have hurt the team.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That generation won a series in england and drew another in 2002 and 2007.They drew a series in australia in 2003 and almost drew another in 2008 if not for sydney.If they had this bowling attack to serve them,we would have been a major threat to aussies.That is why this is so disappointing,to have such a good attack but to fail miserably in the traditional strong area of our game.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    Shastri was at best an average Cricketer like he is an average coach.Time for him to return back to the commentary box giving someone else the chance. Why not give Rahul Dravid who lead India to the U-18 WC win recently a chance. A top bloke, great former cricketer, well mannered as well as a humble and intelligent man. India need look no further then "The Wall", he's your man
    He needs to get into late 50s in age to earn respect from these senior & complete players like Kohli! Otherwise it will be same Kumble story with clashes of ego! That's why he stuck to under 19s because they will look at him for support & guidance! Dravid will prepare the players, it is up to the next coach to jell them together in the team!

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Monetarist View Post
    Thank you. Yes batting failure was unexpected and hence the strong reaction. But really, was better talent available back home? Or this talent was undermined by management with chopping and changing?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Disagree complete ly. Many fans blamed Waqar and the management for performances of the Pakistan team in ODIs and the captaincy of Azhar as well and rightly so. Kohli and Shastri have backed underperforming players and have their likes and dislikes which have hurt the team.
    All am I saying is that the criticism has been more vociferous because of the quality of the bowling attack. The batting should really have been strong enough to chase down 190 and 240 at Edgbaston and Southampton. I am not saying it's unjustified either.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know what the fuss is about the bowling attack.

Yes better than Indian teams of the past - but that's not saying a lot.

Repeatedly failed to clean up the tail. Also think English top order was totally inept - and made them look much better than they are.

Spinners - who win games in England - were almost non-existent bar one game.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Proactive_ View Post
    Even though India just fell a little but short in the recently concluded Test match, I can't help but think that the mess India have been finding themselves in overseas Test matches is nothing but self inflicted owing to the culture brought about by the Kohli-Shastri regime wherein NO ONE except Kohli can ever be sure of their places. It just ensures everyone is almost always playing under the pressure of being dropped with no backing whatsoever.

Rahane has been India's best batsman overseas by far? Let's drop him for the first two Tests in SA.

Pujara scores a match winning 50 in the last Test he played in SA? Nah, let's drop him because of his poor county season.

Dhawan scores 0&0 in the same conditions in the Practice match? No Problem, let's have him in. No hypocrisy at all there.

Kuldeep has been the Trump Card for India on this tour thus far? Nah mate, we got Umesh "Short and wide at 150 kmph" to make up for him.

It's embarrassing really. And I suspect it would get even worse until Kohli is removed from captaincy and/or Shastri is removed as coach to bring someone who can actually keep Kohli's stupid selection decisions in check.
    A more professional coach would've seen the Indian team win atleast one more test.