Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1082 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Australia tour of UAE (Pakistan) 2018

Finch a 'good chance' for UAE: Lehmann

Former Australia coach Darren Lehmann says T20 master blaster Aaron Finch is a "really good chance" to be selected for Australia’s Test series against Pakistan.

Finch, Australia’s T20 skipper and one-day international deputy, has been in blistering form this winter having peeled off centuries in both white-ball formats, including a T20I world-record score of 172 against Zimbabwe last month in Harare.

Australia’s selectors are set to pick the squad for the two-Test series against Pakistan in the United Arab Emirates after Australia A’s two four-day matches in India next month.

But Lehmann says Finch, who blasted 117 not out from just 52 balls for Surrey in England’s domestic T20 competition on Friday night, has the game to succeed against Pakistan.

And the former mentor revealed the Victorian was close to earning a Test call-up when he was at the helm and a member of the selection panel.

"He can play Test cricket, there’s no doubt about that," Lehmann told the Geelong Advertiser.

"He’s confident in the way he plays spin bowling, he can take an attack on, and leading into this Pakistan series he’s a really good chance to be selected for that one.

"He was always knocking on the door, but he just hadn’t made runs consistently.

"But his last couple of Shield years have been pretty good. If you take a look at his numbers, they’re right up there.

"He probably could’ve made a few more hundreds and pushed his case even further but he’s one player we talked about quite a lot.

"He’s close, and when I was coach, he was close. He’s probably closer now."

In the past three JLT Sheffield Shield seasons, Finch has amassed 1278 runs at 41.22 in 19 matches.

While those numbers are solid, the right-hander produced only two centuries in that period.

No player has scored more international runs without playing a Test match than Finch, who has amassed 4957 runs in 135 matches for his country.

But the burly 31-year-old is not making any excuses for that unwanted record nor the absence of a Baggy Green in his kit bag.

"I’ve got myself to blame for that (not playing Tests)," Finch said last month.

"When I was younger I had an opportunity to really push my case for a few years.

"I had probably 18 to 24 months of really lean four-day or any red-ball cricket to be honest.

"I was playing good white-ball cricket for Australia and couldn’t get the runs on the board in red-ball cricket."

Australia, under coach Justin Langer, will embark on their first Test tour in seven years without one of Steve Smith or David Warner when they travel to the Emirates in October after the pair were suspended from representing Australia until next March for their involvement in the Cape Town ball-tampering scandal.

Along with a mountain of Test runs and hundreds, Smith and Warner’s absence leaves a huge leadership hole along with international experience.

Finch has both international experience and leadership nous in spades, albeit not at Test level, and could be the level head Langer’s side needs in the UAE.

Where Finch would bat if selected remains a mystery. He opens the batting in white-ball cricket but has predominately batted in the middle order for Victoria.

Lehmann says the playing conditions would dictate where Finch bats should he be picked.

"For example, if you’re playing in the subcontinent where the wickets don’t seam that much, I’d open with him," Lehmann said.

"But if you’re playing in Australia, I’d bat him down the list.

"That’s the challenge Justin (Langer) and the selection panel have. But they’ve got to pick him first and work out where he bats."

If Finch does earn a ticket to the UAE, he said last month he’d be ready for the challenge.

"I’ve started to build up my red-ball game again and I feel a lot more comfortable now," he said.

"I’ve started to play my natural game, ultra-aggressive whether I’m playing in Australia or England.

"Test cricket will take care of itself if I keep scoring runs.

"I do feel over the last few years I’ve adapted my game and I’m in a much better position."

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/darr...deo/2018-08-04

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Mitchell Starc rates his chances for UAE

Injured Test spearhead Mitchell Starc rates his chances of playing in October's two-Test series against Pakistan "very highly" but the availability of sidelined quicks Josh Hazlewood and Pat Cummins is still uncertain.

Starc, who will spend tonight sleeping under the stars in the middle of the SCG to raise funds and awareness for youth homelessness as part of The Chappell Foundation's Sports Stars Sleepout initiative, says he's on track for a return to Test cricket in the UAE.

"I'm definitely available for selection, as long as it all goes well over the next few weeks," Starc told cricket.com.au.

"There's not many opportunities to play very much competitive cricket before that tour.

"I'm aiming to play some practice games for NSW when they're up in Brisbane if that plan goes ahead.

"The (comeback) plan will keep changing and developing with how my progress is.

"At the moment I'd like to think I'm very much available for selection for that UAE tour."

When asked to rate his chances of going to the UAE, Starc said: "Very highly".

Starc was ruled out of the fourth Test against South Africa in April and the 2018 Indian Premier League season with a tibial bone stress reaction in his right leg.

But with four months of rest, rehab and time in the gym under his belt, the 28-year-old is nearing a return to full fitness.

"The body feels good, I've been bowling for three weeks," he said.

"Once I've had a nice night's sleep here at the SCG I'm going to trek out to Blacktown tomorrow and do some more bowling.

"I think the plan is to bowl off my full run at about 85 per cent intensity.

"It's been a quick progression but a bit of a different rehab in terms of (the injury having been) my tibia and not my foot or my ankle this time.

"The plans were a little bit different. The three fast bowlers who are in the rehab group are up in Brisbane this coming week around the Australia A team and we've got some biomechanics testing as well."

While Starc appears set for a ticket to the Emirates to face Pakistan, the short-term futures of the other two members of Australia's fearsome Ashes pace trio is unknown.

On the eve of Australia's Qantas tour of England Hazlewood was ruled out with back soreness, while Cummins suffered a bone oedema in his vertebrae that ruled him out of the IPL.

While all three quicks have been running, only Starc has rolled the arm over, and he's uncertain of his teammates' comeback timeline.

"They haven't started bowling with me yet," he said. "I think maybe both of them could be starting up in Brisbane this week.

"Hopefully the three of us are back on deck and available for the UAE.

"I think I'm a little bit ahead of the other two with my rehab at the moment."

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/mitc...ood/2018-08-05

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by giri26 View Post
    Injured Test spearhead Mitchell Starc rates his chances of playing in October's two-Test series against Pakistan "very highly" but the availability of sidelined quicks Josh Hazlewood and Pat Cummins is still uncertain.

Starc, who will spend tonight sleeping under the stars in the middle of the SCG to raise funds and awareness for youth homelessness as part of The Chappell Foundation's Sports Stars Sleepout initiative, says he's on track for a return to Test cricket in the UAE.

"I'm definitely available for selection, as long as it all goes well over the next few weeks," Starc told cricket.com.au.

"There's not many opportunities to play very much competitive cricket before that tour.

"I'm aiming to play some practice games for NSW when they're up in Brisbane if that plan goes ahead.

"The (comeback) plan will keep changing and developing with how my progress is.

"At the moment I'd like to think I'm very much available for selection for that UAE tour."

When asked to rate his chances of going to the UAE, Starc said: "Very highly".

Starc was ruled out of the fourth Test against South Africa in April and the 2018 Indian Premier League season with a tibial bone stress reaction in his right leg.

But with four months of rest, rehab and time in the gym under his belt, the 28-year-old is nearing a return to full fitness.

"The body feels good, I've been bowling for three weeks," he said.

"Once I've had a nice night's sleep here at the SCG I'm going to trek out to Blacktown tomorrow and do some more bowling.

"I think the plan is to bowl off my full run at about 85 per cent intensity.

"It's been a quick progression but a bit of a different rehab in terms of (the injury having been) my tibia and not my foot or my ankle this time.

"The plans were a little bit different. The three fast bowlers who are in the rehab group are up in Brisbane this coming week around the Australia A team and we've got some biomechanics testing as well."

While Starc appears set for a ticket to the Emirates to face Pakistan, the short-term futures of the other two members of Australia's fearsome Ashes pace trio is unknown.

On the eve of Australia's Qantas tour of England Hazlewood was ruled out with back soreness, while Cummins suffered a bone oedema in his vertebrae that ruled him out of the IPL.

While all three quicks have been running, only Starc has rolled the arm over, and he's uncertain of his teammates' comeback timeline.

"They haven't started bowling with me yet," he said. "I think maybe both of them could be starting up in Brisbane this week.

"Hopefully the three of us are back on deck and available for the UAE.

"I think I'm a little bit ahead of the other two with my rehab at the moment."

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/mitc...ood/2018-08-05
    Will he last the tour? That's the main question especially as India are visiting and Australia are without Smith or Warner

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    341 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A series that we need to be winning as it is the UAE. If we can't beat New Zealand and Australia in the UAE tests , serious questions need to be asked about certain players and Sarfraz. Misbah and Younis have been gone for more than a year so that can't be used as an excuse.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should be a great watch.

Been a year since we last played a Test match in the UAE.

Are the NZ Test series dates confirmed yet?

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish it was more than just two tests. We should have gotten three at least.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Pakistan should beat Australia in the UAE.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pakistan must test likes of Fakhar, Shadab and Faheem vs Aus/NZ.

I've got high expectations from Babar Azam. Should score some daddy hundreds.

Let's see how it goes

Why 2 tests tho

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am not so certain of victory after the SL fiasco.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    A series that we need to be winning as it is the UAE. If we can't beat New Zealand and Australia in the UAE tests , serious questions need to be asked about certain players and Sarfraz. Misbah and Younis have been gone for more than a year so that can't be used as an excuse.
    It's the number of matches since they retired that matters.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    TX
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No schedule yet?

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't expect us to win the Test matches as we dont have muxh experience in Test and we need to sort our selection out

The LOI matches im positive we should win the ODI/T20S against New Zealand and Australia, we have a brilliant LOI team

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1082 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zoeyfactor View Post
    No schedule yet?
    No domestic season schedule. No schedule for Australia's tour of UAE. No schedule for NZ's tour of UAE.

Yet

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1082 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Josh Hazlewood and Pat Cummins in doubt for Pakistan Tests

Australia’s Test pace depth may soon be challenged, with star quicks Josh Hazlewood and Pat Cummins in doubt for the Test tour against Pakistan in October.

Australia will be landing in the UAE in about eight weeks from now to play two Tests and three T20s, but Hazlewood and Cummins reportedly are still trying to overcome back injuries.

Mitchell Starc said on Sunday he expects to be fit to play against Pakistan, which is great news for Australia given his record in Asia – 33 wickets at an average of 26 from eight Tests.

But Starc also revealed that neither Cummins nor Hazlewood were back bowling yet.

Australia surely would be loath to rush back either quick given their importance to three massive upcoming events – Australia’s home Test series against world number one team India, followed by the World Cup and the Ashes in England next year.

So there may well be two pace spots up for grabs. Australia will likely play two spinners in the UAE, as they have done in every Test they’ve played in Asia over the past four calendar years, but they’ll also take at least three quicks, with Starc an automatic selection.

https://www.theroar.com.au/2018/08/0...akistan-tests/

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I have to say that the 2014 series was the most one sided annihilation of an opposition team I have ever seen at that level

The 2-0 score line doesn't begin to tell about the gulf of the gap between the two

I have seen Aussies beat England 5-0 twice and India dominate tons of test series at home but even then they don't come close to the utter domination we had. Asides from the first session in the very first test where Warner scored a century Australia didn't come remotely close to dominating any other

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there an ODI series or only Test/T20?

Hum na hon hamare baad, Sarfraz Sarfraz

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarfarazian92 View Post
    Is there an ODI series or only Test/T20?
    There is an ODI series but I think they moved it to the spring of 2019

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1512 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    I have to say that the 2014 series was the most one sided annihilation of an opposition team I have ever seen at that level

The 2-0 score line doesn't begin to tell about the gulf of the gap between the two

I have seen Aussies beat England 5-0 twice and India dominate tons of test series at home but even then they don't come close to the utter domination we had. Asides from the first session in the very first test where Warner scored a century Australia didn't come remotely close to dominating any other
    Really!!!!. AUS's 2nd last tour of IND was far more shameful - lost 4-0, bowling just 4 full innings, after winning all 4 tosses!!!!!

In that 2014 series, first advantage PAK had was winning toss on those wickets and bat first. It was till 3rd morning of 1st Test, game was balanced. SRL also dominated AUS in home series to win it 3-0 and if you think that 2-0 was "the most one sided annihilation of an opposition team at that level", then we really doubt how much you have seen!!!

Check these - not from far past ...

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/series/61475.html
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/series/61516.html
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/series/60775.html

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engin...es/598808.html

Or take this one
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engin...es/567346.html

It was a solid & confident performance in 2014, but, "the most one sided annihilation of an opposition team at that level .....", is a bit too much not to respond - sorry.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Australia dont have a competent pace attack. Sorry but if you arent fit enough to play a test series without getting injured, you arent really going to be counted.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We will defeat Australia comfortably especially as they are without Smith,Warner and probably Hazlewood and Cummins.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    767 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post

That 2014 mauling was probably the most brutal I've ever seen Pakistan be against any opponent, EVER! The lowest individual high score among our top 6 was 87 runs by Tendulkar Shafiq while every other batsmen made runs as if we were playing against Papa New Guniea

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we have learnt from the SL series last year and I expect us to win this easily.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    643 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Wouldnt be a shock if kiwis beat pakistan in the UAE.

Pakistan should beat Australia though.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glenn Maxwell remains on limited training duties in a bid to ensure his right shoulder is fully fit for Australia’s upcoming Test series against Pakistan.

Maxwell’s body has generally been kind to him since he entered professional cricket ranks the best part of a decade ago, but a shoulder injury picked up while diving in the field during the one-day series against England in June has slowed down the all-rounder.

He endured limited mobility to play in Australia’s subsequent Twenty20 tri-series in Zimbabwe, but is now rehabilitating, meaning he did not partake in the full range of activities during Victoria’s three-day training camp at HMAS Cerberus naval base, which concluded on Wednesday.

“There was a lot of fluid built up around the bursa, and that was pinching. My range of movement was restricted quite a bit. It still is a little bit in the ways. It still is a little bit,” Maxwell said.

“I can’t reach fully above my head consistently. Every now and then it just pinches.

“I was able to get through with the T20 series in Zimbabwe and just find a way to throw comfortably, and by the end of that series I felt like I was throwing really well.

“But once I got home it was about making sure I could sustain it for the rest of my career. That’s what this period is about now.”

An energetic and at times acrobatic fieldsman, Maxwell acknowledged he was probably due for an injury, but was not expecting to need to change his style, having been taught how to throw like a baseballer at a young age.

“I’ve been pretty ruthless on my shoulder for my whole career, where I’ve taken no care in my body, in the field where I’ve just thrown it around. I’ve been pretty lucky to avoid injury for a long period of time,” he said.

“I suppose it was probably just a matter of time until I did something like this.

“I was lucky I didn’t have surgery or anything like that, it’s just about making sure it’s right to go when it’s required, which is hopefully in a month-and-a-bit’s time.

“It’s been good to have a bit of time where I don’t have to throw, bowl, and dive on it. Just give it the rest it probably needed.

“This is probably the first time that I’ve been able to sit down for about seven or eight years and actually plan out a pre-season. It’s actually really refreshing.”

Maxwell said he would sit down with Cricket Victoria staff at the end of the week to plot the next phases of his preparation, with a view to playing in Victoria’s first two one-dayers of the season, both in Townsville, against Queensland and Tasmania on September 16 and 19 respectively.

If all goes to plan for Maxwell, that would then be followed by a pair of Test matches against Pakistan in the United Arab Emirates, with the two-Test series expected to start in early October, although not yet confirmed.

Maxwell, who turns 30 in October, has played just seven Tests – all played in Asia – since his debut in 2013. His most recent appearance came in Bangladesh 11 months ago.

He we was called up as a replacement player for the fourth Test in South Africa earlier this year after Steve Smith, David Warner and Cameron Bancroft were suspended for their involvement in the ball-tampering saga that rocked Australian cricket, but did not make the XI.

Not included in the Australia A squad for the imminent tour of India, viewed as somewhat of an audition for the Pakistan series, Maxwell says he has exchanged a couple of recent emails with new Australian coach Justin Langer, but was not banking on being selected for the UAE Tests.
    “As far as UAE and Dubai’s concerned, you can’t really count on selection," Maxwell said.

"You’ve just got to basically get yourself ready for what is in the foreseeable future. If selection goes my way, I really hope it does, I’ll be ready for that.”

Maxwell also lauded the form of close friend Aaron Finch, whose white-ball exploits for Surrey and Australia in recent months have led to calls for him to be included in the squad for the Pakistan Tests. Like Maxwell, Finch is not in the Australia A squad.

Victoria’s players waded through muddy water on Wednesday morning in what was the culmination of the boot camp, which also included rockclimbing and a sinking ship simulation activity.
    The rare opportunity for elite sportsmen to use the facilities at HMAS Cerberus was facilitated by a connection with The Bravery Trust, a charity which provides financial assistance to veterans and their families in times of need.

https://amp.theage.com.au/sport/cric...mpression=true

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has to be one of the weakest Australian sides Pakistan will ever play. No Smith, Warner, Hazelwood Cummins. Pakistan shouldn't just win, they should win comprehensively.

We should win against New Zealand too if we can contain Williamson

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Cummins and Hazlewood unavailable for Pakistan Tests

Cricket Australia has advised fast bowlers, Pat Cummins and Josh Hazlewood, will not be available for the upcoming Test series against Pakistan in the United Arab Emirates, as they continue to recover from their lumbar bone stress injuries.

Bupa Support Team Physiotherapist, David Beakley: “Pat and Josh are progressing well from their lumbar bone stress injuries but are not bowling, so unfortunately they will not be at the level required for Test match intensity come October.”

“Barring any setbacks, we are hopeful that Pat and Josh will return via the back-end of the JLT One-Day Cup, with the aim of them being available for the ODI Series against South Africa in November as they build towards the Indian Test Series.”

“On a positive note Mitchell Starc is back to unrestricted training and remains on track for the Test Series against Pakistan,” Beakley said.

Australia’s first Gillette ODI Series match is against South Africa at Perth Stadium on November

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Joe Burns sets sights on Pakistan Tests

Opening batsman Joe Burns is confident of shaking off a back injury and is targeting an extended run in Australia's Test team as he looks ahead to Pakistan and the home summer.

Burns' stint with Glamorgan last month was curtailed after just two T20 matches when he jarred his back in the field, but the right-hander is already back doing skills work with Queensland and hopes to step things up to full training next week.

"I was pretty frustrated with how it went down in Glamorgan," Burns told cricket.com.au. "The injury I picked up was only a minor thing but it just so happened that in that two weeks (of recovery) I basically missed my whole playing commitments.

"I'm really confident by the time we get to a game I'll be fine. The scans I got didn't show anything major so we're basically just guided by the symptoms."

Burns' next cricket action will be with the Bulls as part of a state camp at the end of the month, but it's beyond that where things get interesting.

The 28-year-old wasn't included in either the one-day or four-day Australia A squads for India, which could be construed two ways; either Burns is – like Shaun Marsh and Glenn Maxwell – a lock for October's two-Test series against Pakistan in the UAE, or he is out of the picture altogether.

Interestingly, Burns' Queensland and Australia teammates Matthew Renshaw and Usman Khawaja are both part of the Australia A squad, along with Peter Handscomb, with national coach Justin Langer hinting Test selection for the top six would hinge greatly on performances against India A.

It has been several months since Burns spoke to anyone from Australia's national selection panel, but when he did, the message was encouraging.

"I spoke a little bit with the selectors after the South African series, and everything was really positive there," he said. "I guess as a player all you can really do is trust that and prepare accordingly."

Going against Burns is his Test record in the subcontinent, albeit from a very small sample size: in four innings in Sri Lanka in 2016, he made 34 runs before being dropped for the third Test. In his only other two first-class matches on the subcontinent, against India A and a Sri Lankan XI, he has made eight and 72 respectively.

But Burns' focus is on rediscovering the highly impressive form that saw him average 55 in the Sheffield Shield and earned him a Test recall in a summer that ultimately cruelled by a groin injury.

"I don't think I've hit the ball as good in my career as I did last season," said the Queenslander, who turns 29 next month. "So when you're hitting the ball like that you want to be playing as much as possible.

"When I got back on the field for the last Shield game, then the (Shield) final and the Test match … I was basically on one leg.

"Going forward I'm hoping I can get that continuity and, with a few more opportunities now, an extended run at it.

"As an opening batter, you accept that you're going to be facing high-quality bowlers with a new ball on a fresh wicket – so you're going to have games where you do miss out.

"I remember I played eight Test matches straight – we had the home summer (2015-16) and then we went to New Zealand, where we went to No.1 (Test ranking) – and that was my most productive period; I got three hundreds, and averaged over 50.

"So I know that if I can get that genuine crack at it, I feel really confident that I've got the game that can have success, and I guess that's my goal for the summer."

Burns made his Test debut against India in the 2014-15 Boxing Day Test batting at No.6, and his versatility to bat anywhere in the line-up is understood to be highly regarded. He returned

Australia's Test squad to face Pakistan is expected to be named after the Australia A series against India, which concludes on September 11.

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/joe-...ury/2018-08-14