Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

[REPORTS] Mohammad Hafeez considering retirement after being demoted from Cat A in central contracts

Just saw on news channel hafeez have not sign the new central contract as he is not happy to drop to B category from A .According to reports he is seriously considering to not sign central contract and play league cricket around the world

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    Just saw on news channel hafeez have not sign the new central contract as he is not happy to drop to B category from A .According to reports he is seriously considering to not sign central contract and play league cricket around the world
    Good riddance.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    good riddance
    except cpl and Canada he will not be required anywhere

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    He gave himself the nickname "Professor". Tells you everything you need to know...
    He didnít assign himself that nickname - his teammates gave it to him due to his extensive knowledge of the game.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msb314 View Post
    He didn’t assign himself that nickname - his teammates gave it to him due to his extensive knowledge of the game.
    Was it not Ramiz Raja that nickname Hafeez "The Professor"

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hafizexpress View Post
    Ramiz has always meant it in a patronising way

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hafizexpress View Post
    I heard it was from his teamates in domestic cricket.

It originated due to Hafeez's debate on various topics and his analytical nature.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Apart from Babar and Fakhar I don't see any of our player deserve to be No.1
    Based on performance Hafeez should be in D, Amir, Shafiq C, Sarfraz, Azhar, Yasir, Malik B and no contract for Wahab, Shan, Rahat and Rizwan

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Ideal opportunity for the PCB to set an example.

If they give into profs demands then future players will also see this, just like Hafeez saw it from YK (I assume), and pull the same thing. Do the right thing PCB!!!

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmkextreme_1 View Post
    Ideal opportunity for the PCB to set an example.

If they give into profs demands then future players will also see this, just like Hafeez saw it from YK (I assume), and pull the same thing. Do the right thing PCB!!!
    Unlikely!!!! Any other board would drop player like this attitude long time ago but PCB will bend to this guy most likely.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A patriotic person would work 2x harder to regain his A category

Pakistan fan from Bangladesh.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    647 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Should be on pay as your picked to play contract of a D/E contract. waste of money and waste of space in the team.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The most shameless and selfish Pakistani cricketer of all time

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not going to say too much as this is just a report so far, not sure how true this is.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I think in Hafeez’s case the criteria for A slab should thah he has to come in for a net session and survive 6 deliveries from Steyn

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    I think in Hafeezís case the criteria for A slab should thah he has to come in for a net session and survive 6 deliveries from Steyn
    Good one.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    242 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    In life it is important to be empathetic. Yes Hafeez is no longer playing test cricket but he should not have been disrespected like this.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    In life it is important to be empathetic. Yes Hafeez is no longer playing test cricket but he should not have been disrespected like this.
    Are you serious? Limited people get a Category A contract and you want to give it to someone who's not even a first team player?

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When is he going to bring a lawsuit against PCB for denying him from his rightful (in his mind only) place? That is the only thing left.

Subcontinent victim mentality doesn't allow a graceful exit most of the time.

Forgive when you are on top. Don't you want to be forgiven?

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name:  IMG_20180807_202006_264.jpg
Views: 1998
Size:  131.3 KB
    Last edited by Kohli, The King of Chase; 7th August 2018 at 14:55.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msb314 View Post
    He didnít assign himself that nickname - his teammates gave it to him due to his extensive knowledge of the game.
    Wrong. He gave himself the nickname and insists others call him it.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    There are reports that he did not play the 5th ODI in Zimbabwe as protest for not getting a game earlier. No wonder he looked upset.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonderful News... By the way door is this way

Debut
    Sep 2007
    Venue
    Unknown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Desis and their nakhre will never go away. He should get his A contract back through hard work. Instead he cries - should be shown the door anyway.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He doesn't deserve to be in Category B let alone A. This man needs to retire ASAP. Hopefully PCB will do the right thing and take him out of the entire central contracts.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Mohammad Hafeez considers retirement in protest

LAHORE: Pakistan's senior batsman Mohammad Hafeez is reportedly considering retirement in protest against his recent demotion in the players' categories by the Pakistan Cricket Board, local media reported on Tuesday.

Local media quoting sources close to the right-hand all-rounder said that Hafeez considered the demotion an insult to him because he had been performing up to the mark to win several honours for the country, reports Xinhua news agency.

Hafeez, 37, had been a regular recipient of the PCB's top category contract, but the board on Monday replaced him with a young rising star, Babar Azam.

The PCB dropped Hafeez from category A to category B in the annual central contact given to players for a period of one year.

Hafeez has played 50 Tests, 200 One-day International and 83 Twenty20 International matches for Pakistan during his career which started in 2003.

"Hafeez felt upset over the decision, and now he is disillusioned due to discriminatory treatment and, as a result, cannot continue to keep on playing. Mohammad Hafeez will not sign the central contract," local media quoted the sources as saying.

During a five-match series against Zimbabwe last month, Hafeez refused to play the fifth match of the series after he was included in the team for the first four matches of the series.

According to sources, Hafeez has expressed strong reservations over the new contract which demoted him to the second tier category.

On Monday, the PCB had announced new central contracts for the upcoming year July 2018 - June 2019 by including a total of 33 players across five categories of the central contract. National team captain Sarfraz Ahmed, Shoaib Malik, Mohammad Amir, Yasir Shah and Babar Azam were included in Category A.

Ahmed Shehzad, who was provisionally suspended for testing positive for a banned substance, failed to get a central contract.

The PCB also announced 25 to 30 per cent increase in the monthly payment for each of its categories and also raised its players' match fees by 20 percent across all categories.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/65311987.cms

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PLEASE consider retiring. Your helping Pakistan more than anything other than your own ego.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hopefully he has announced his retirement by tomorrow. I am sure everyone will be happy not seeing this cheater anymore.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Probably one of the last dying breed of cricketers who rely on blackmail and the media to fuel their chances of getting back into the team. He could do a good job as a lower order hitter with Malik and Fahim but I feel Asif Ali is a better choice when it comes to finishing the innings. It depends on how Mickey feels about his usefulness but Pakistan has way better young talent than him at the moment.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Sad way to go if he retires

Will be remembered as a selfish cricketer, hopefully, he finds his inner nirvana and rectifies this situation (if these reports are true).

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    919 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    How ungrateful, I was just talking about him being lucky to still have a contract before this news story came out, and now we hear this.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 7th August 2018 at 17:04.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shows how selfish he is. He should be glad he is even getting a B contract. Most other countries would have dispatched of him years ago.

I hope he retires.

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good riddance... he was never good enough even when we had a dearth if talent! Lol

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mashallah, what tabdeeli!

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I wish him all the best for the next phase in his life

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At this point, it may be best he does retire so selectors aren't basically forced to make a mistake going forward. He is 37 years old at this point, there's not much more left for him to give and if he is not going to be on WC squad, there is little reason to select him for upcoming tours.

I think Agha Salman is really worth giving a longer look if Pakistan want that offie allrounder.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's an insult to a senior and a global cricket icon like Hafeez to be bracketed in same pay tier as newcomers like Fakhar Zaman -- after all the 'Little Master' Hafeez has been performing for years and has been there and done it all for 15 years.. you have to a player of the highest calibre to last that long at the top level.

I agree totally with Hafeez on this one, nothing less than retirement with immediate effect here, it's the only way to protest this travesty of justice.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Assuming the quoted sources are 100% valid, then Hafeez is going out in very sour fashion. He has done wonders for Pakistan over the years of his career but unfortunately in recent years out went professionalism and in came ego. If there was one individual who proved that seniority culture ended up being a low key bullying culture, it was Hafeez.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamPak95 View Post
    Assuming the quoted sources are 100% valid, then Hafeez is going out in very sour fashion. He has done wonders for Pakistan over the years of his career but unfortunately in recent years out went professionalism and in came ego. If there was one individual who proved that seniority culture ended up being a low key bullying culture, it was Hafeez.
    Oh bhai kounse wonders? Kahan ke wonders?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistani pride View Post
    Oh bhai kounse wonders? Kahan ke wonders?
    Lol post 2011 WC to about 2014 #1 all-rounder in LOI It's not like he achieved nothing in his career, it's just that after being banned from bowling he's become a tail-ender as a batsman and has harped on about the team's need for 'experience'.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol post 2011 WC to about 2014 #1 all-rounder in LOI It's not like he achieved nothing in his career, it's just that after being banned from bowling he's become a tail-ender as a batsman and has harped on about the team's need for 'experience'.
    And what did he achieve for PAK during the so called peak years of his career?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistani pride View Post
    And what did he achieve for PAK during the so called peak years of his career?
    I said this in my previous post, #1 all-rounder post 2011 WC to about 2014. Don't get the wrong idea I'm not making him out to be this ATG of Pakistan cricket, I'm just saying it's not like he's done nothing in his career (as evident in being #1 all-rounder for 2-3 ish years). For me, and for most people on here, he's been more of a nuisance more times than not especially in regards to how high of a pedestal he thinks he's on. Please don't ask me to bring up stats, Hafeez isn't worth it .

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I said this in my previous post, #1 all-rounder post 2011 WC to about 2014. Don't get the wrong idea I'm not making him out to be this ATG of Pakistan cricket, I'm just saying it's not like he's done nothing in his career (as evident in being #1 all-rounder for 2-3 ish years). For me, and for most people on here, he's been more of a nuisance more times than not especially in regards to how high of a pedestal he thinks he's on. Please don't ask me to bring up stats, Hafeez isn't worth it .
    He's been at use ever since he returned back in 2010. People twist the past a lot.

He had overseas problems but he still averages just under 40. Been the best opener since Anwar and could bowl a bit. Our standards for openers have been dreadful, a lot have come and go. At least Hafeez contributed significantly in asia, where his bowling was useful.

In ODIs he averaged around 38, as well as being handy with the ball. Not earthshattering, but his output was the second best from a batsman after Misbah for much of Misbah's period. He even still featured amongst the best of our batsmen when his bowling was banned where he upped his average to 40 or so.

I never buy the part where other young batsmen could have succeeded instead of him he had been dropped. We tried out so many players, and they haven't been able to stick their worth. When Hafeez was an automatic pick in the team, the youngsters were guys like Asad, Umar, Maqsood, Amin, Jamshed, Awais Zia, Khurram Manzoor, Latif etc. It's not Hafeez's fault that they didn't perform, and doubt most posters can even name batsmen from that era whom they thought would succeed and never tried. I remember in those days people were moaning how our best batsman Umar Akmal didn't bat at 4.Now look. Sure he can keep one batsman out, but he can't keep out the other 5 bats from the team.

With so much bright talent which wasn't around years ago (Hasan, Fakhar, Faheem, Shadab, Hasan, Shinwari, Haris, Amir, all weren't around then for various reasons) you can't compare eras like that. Sarfraz wasn't around as Kamran kept him out of the team (an example of a player who actually kept someone out of the team). Malik too around that period literally went missing, his confidence was gone he looked like a tailender. So Hafeez was just amongst the best of the worst.

Now with brighter, better and certainly more disciplined talent (unlike Jamshed, Umar, Sharjeel etc.) Hafeez isn't good enough. Plus he's got old. Which is why naturally he's finding it hard to get a spot in the team.

It would have been nice if a senior had stepped up and started performing amazingly given how many games he had, but that doesn't always happen. And it rarely happens with the bat in Pakistan too. It's great for Pakistan that we finally have talent that can beat the average bat of Hafeez, but I find it strange how posters can blame he was the problem or did nothing in the team for all those years. He was one of the best performing players in that team whether or not that was down to him simply just outperforming the rest rather than being stellar. What it comes down to in the end whether you merit a spot in the team compared to team mates, squad and those in domestic. And for a large part of his career Hafeez did. It's more recently that he now doesn't, and that's coincided too with loss of batting form and older age.

Debut
    May 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Go Hafeez Go ..... cant come soon enough... good riddance.... greedy person

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InziRules View Post
    Are you serious? Limited people get a Category A contract and you want to give it to someone who's not even a first team player?
    If Iím no longer good at my job, Iíll be fired. Nobody cares how well I did in the past or how long.. thatís just a harsh reality of this world and you see it more so in pro sports..

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
    If I’m no longer good at my job, I’ll be fired. Nobody cares how well I did in the past or how long.. that’s just a harsh reality of this world and you see it more so in pro sports..
    Not like Hafeez won't have a career after this. He's nicknamed the Professor, guarantee he'll be a coach or a commentator in 5 years

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InziRules View Post
    Not like Hafeez won't have a career after this. He's nicknamed the Professor, guarantee he'll be a coach or a commentator in 5 years
    Heíll probably play the t 20 circuit till offers dry up or stop and then go that me commentator/coach route.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This very thread shows hypocrisy of Pakistani fans.

We are accused of disrespectful towards our legends but in this thread, most us are disrespecting the legend.

May be he is shadow of what he was once upon a time but none the less, he deserves better treatment according to your own standard which you hold when criticizing us.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post

We are accused of disrespectful towards our legends but in this thread, most us are disrespecting the legend.

May be he is shadow of what he was once upon a time but none the less, he deserves better treatment according to your own standard which you hold when criticizing us.
    So Hafeez=Dhoni and Tendulkar?

@cricketjoshila, what say you?

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post

hafeez a legend LOL

In another dimension maybe

Dazzling the stage, Ginga Bishonen. Shinpathy!

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Wellness Centre
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I understand why he's livid over this.

Gangster rap made me do it.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wise decision. He will enjoy playing leagues now + earn more money.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hafeez was a good, not great player. He was a solid AR who should have been a pinch hitter down the order where he does well against spin. He was misused, but of course, he himself thought he was a world class player and his ego got the better of him. Pakistan cricket did him no wrong other than giving him more opportunities than he deserved.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You either die a hero or live long enough to become the villain

He shouldíve retired after the champions trophy on a high

If pakistan cricket is to move forward they need to stop going back

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    You either die a hero or live long enough to become the villain

He should’ve retired after the champions trophy on a high
    If only that was the norm, our seniors tend to go out screaming and kicking.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Jhansi(uttar pradesh),India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow just see that ego.
    even an atg like dhoni is a b grade contract holder

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why does he think he's an automatic pick for foreign leagues? The guy is a mediocre bat anyway, isn't remotely a big hitter, can't field at his age, and his effectiveness with his new bowling action is unknown.

Who would actually take this guy? BPL? Afghan league?
    Last edited by hitthestump; 7th August 2018 at 22:30.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hafeez has been nonexistent in the last year, and expectations are very low in the upcoming year as well

He won't sniff the test squad, and at best will be 12th man for ODI and T20 teams on most tours

On merit, he should be a category D contact. He's only B because of the strong seniority culture in Pakistan.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    242 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Don't think Sethi will have time for him right now, he will be more concerned with losing the chairmanship at this point in time.

Maybe Hafeez should go knocking on IK's door

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Don't think Sethi will have time for him right now, he will be more concerned with losing the chairmanship at this point in time.

Maybe Hafeez should go knocking on IK's door
    I have a hunch IK might be a bit busy too.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    919 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    I have a hunch IK might be a bit busy too.
    How so? It's not like he's prime minister or anything..

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This ego has harmed PCT in past. In this case it seems to be benefitting them.

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talk about a sense of entitlement, if he was peforming then he would be kept in, its his own fault.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    East Coast, US.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are people calling him a cheater? What did he do?

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefthanded View Post
    Why are people calling him a cheater? What did he do?
    Chucking.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    East Coast, US.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Chucking.
    That's a bit of a strong judgment. Mind you, I was delighted when he was dropped from both squads.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How can he cry about B grade contract when Fakhar is also listed in that category. It's unfair for Fakhar to be not given an A grade contract and Hafeez on merit should be on C/D. Let's hope he retires, good riddance.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1620 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Please Mr. Professor consider it more aggressively

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    781 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Please Mr. Professor consider it more aggressively
    but but but he's blessed in all facets of the game

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    537 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ego could end up leading to the destruction of his career. Just like how Yousuf and Razzaq destroyed theirs.

These idiots didn't learn a single thing from Misbah. That guy even played a grade 2 tournament for the sake of his team.

Hafeez needs to accept that his performance isn't at the same level as some of the players. He will have to take pay cuts.

Also, the team management are always looking for a reason to drop a player and with Hafeez not taking a pay cut, the team managment have found a reason to kick him out.

You could blame the Pakistani culture. Juniors making more money offends us.

Its funny, because you look at the NHL, some great players have to take major pay cuts just for their teams sake.

Hafeez needs to act wise. Don't give them reasons to remove him from the team easily.

Thing is Hafeez needs to think right now, is it the money that he is after or the ego or the chance of playing the world cup?

Even if he gets an A category contract and doesn't make the world cup squad, would he be happy? That would mean its all about ego.

Best option for Hafeez is take the pay cut, even though he is not in contention of a 15 man squad, but still would make it into a 25. And would need to perform from the list of 25 to come back into the team.

Not taking this pay cut, removes him from the 25 list, and allows another player to get his name in the list and work his way in the squad.

Hafeez needs to think this properly, because either way he is not in contention for final 15

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    781 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Ego could end up leading to the destruction of his career. Just like how Yousuf and Razzaq destroyed theirs.

These idiots didn't learn a single thing from Misbah. That guy even played a grade 2 tournament for the sake of his team.

Hafeez needs to accept that his performance isn't at the same level as some of the players. He will have to take pay cuts.

Also, the team management are always looking for a reason to drop a player and with Hafeez not taking a pay cut, the team managment have found a reason to kick him out.

You could blame the Pakistani culture. Juniors making more money offends us.

Its funny, because you look at the NHL, some great players have to take major pay cuts just for their teams sake.

Hafeez needs to act wise. Don't give them reasons to remove him from the team easily.

Thing is Hafeez needs to think right now, is it the money that he is after or the ego or the chance of playing the world cup?

Even if he gets an A category contract and doesn't make the world cup squad, would he be happy? That would mean its all about ego.

Best option for Hafeez is take the pay cut, even though he is not in contention of a 15 man squad, but still would make it into a 25. And would need to perform from the list of 25 to come back into the team.

Not taking this pay cut, removes him from the 25 list, and allows another player to get his name in the list and work his way in the squad.

Hafeez needs to think this properly, because either way he is not in contention for final 15
    Are you saying that because Tom Brady never took a paycut, is the reason patriots botched the championship game last seasons??

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    537 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92 View Post
    Are you saying that because Tom Brady never took a paycut, is the reason patriots botched the championship game last seasons??
    i dont watch nfl, which is why i mentioned nhl

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92 View Post
    Brady has taken numerous paycuts to bring in better players into the team. est example was the 2006-07 season when he took a paycut to bring Randy Moss and they had a stellar year. WIth 5 championship rings, he should have been highest paid player in the league, but he isn't in even top 10.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    647 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hafeez retiring? Wow about 15 years to late.. should have happened along time ago.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Doesn't even make B contract on merit. Hasn't been performing in domestic either. The writing's been on the wall for some time really. Hafeez when on song, hit it cleanly, but pretty every single innings seems like struggle these days. Doesn't look classy at all even when he's played himself in now. Even his 60 odd and 80 odd scores in the recent NZ tour, it was really just him using his experience to pull through rather than being in touch. Which is why he failed in the other NZ matches too.

Things have changed, it's not years past anymore. Hafeez's batting has declined, and we've had an influx of better batsmen come inn in recent years in Fakhar, Babar, Sarfraz, Haris. Imam and Asif are currently the next big things too. When you're the worst/2nd worst batsman in your going to feel pressure, you're going to face being dropped, and you're going to face going down in contracts. Back in the days where he was 2nd best bat in his team and bowled, he didn't really face that pressure.

Probably time to retire, I don't see him coming back in the team. I mean we're struggling to fit in Haris Sohail into the ODI team atm let alone Hafeez.
    Last edited by ads101; 8th August 2018 at 11:23.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hafeez refuses to sign central contract as he has been demoted to B category from A. He thinks he should have been in C.

(Copied).

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's not going nowhere before the 2019 WC and then the 2020 WC.

Hafeez and Malik will do it together.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good news.Congrats to all Pak fans.Goodbye Hafeez.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainul View Post
    Very good news.Congrats to all Pak fans.Goodbye Hafeez.
    I dont think he will leave so easily

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just perform and get back to Grade A statu bruh! Stop the tantrums please