Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

"They slaughter cows, we kill them," lynching accused brags: NDTV expose

"They Slaughter Cows, We Kill Them," Lynching Accused Brags: NDTV Expose

An NDTV investigation involving hidden cameras has revealed disturbing accounts of those accused of lynching in the name of the cow.

An NDTV team, posing as a researchers doing field work on the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) and other Hindutva outfits, visited the accused in two lynching cases in two states.

The first destination was Bajedha Khurd village in western Uttar Pradesh's Hapur district, nearly two hours from Delhi.

The first report was on a lynching in Hapur, in Uttar Pradesh. On June 18, when a 45-year-old Qasim Qureshi, a meat trader, was lynched by a mob, while 65-year-old Samiuddin, a farmer, was badly injured.

The police arrested nine men, charging them with murder, attempt to murder and rioting. Four of the nine are currently out on bail.

NDTV travelled to Bajedha Khurd village to meet one of the accused, Rakesh Sisodia, who is out on bail.

Sisodia, in a written statement to court, said that he had no role in the attack and wasn't present at the spot. But on hidden camera, he bragged about the crime, saying he even accepted it before jail authorities. Sisodia had spent five-weeks in jail.

"Haan maine bola ki wo gaaye kaat rahe they, maine usko kaat diya... jailer ke saamne (I told the jailer that they [the victims] were slaughtering cows so I slaughtered them)," Sisodia told NDTV.

"Pehli baar mai jail gaya, mujhe dar lagna chaaiye thaa. Lekin nai maine waha bhi khoob dhoom machaai aur jailer ne jaate hi poocha ki kis case mein aayae ho? (I wasn't scared to go to jail. I caught the attention of the jailer, who asked me what my case was)," he said.

Sisodia went on: "Maine turant kaha, 302 aur 307, full murder and half murder, wo gaaye kaat rahe thee maine usko kaat diya baat khatam (I said section 302 and 307, full and half murder, they slaughtered cows, I kill them)."

Sisodia explained how he got a hero's welcome after he got bail in the last week on July. "Mujhe 3-4 gaadi jail par lene gai thi. Rakesh Sisodia zindabd ke naarey laagey. Mera swaagat kiya logo ne baahe failaa ke, mujhe bada garv hua (3-4 cars had come to pick me up from jail. People were raising slogans in my name. People welcomed me with open arms, I felt very proud)," he said.

"Meri fauj tayaar hai. Koi gaaye kaate, s*** mai usko katwaa denge, s*** ko khade khade. Hazaar baar jail jaana pade jaayenge (My army is ready. If anyone slaughters a cow, we will kill them and go to jail a thousand times)" he said.

He also went on to speak about police support. "Police paksh me hai aur ye sab raha sarkaar kaa dum. Warna police paksh me nai rahti agar Azam Khan baithaa huaa rahta (The police is on our side because of the government. Otherwise, nothing would've happened if Azam Khan was in power)," he said. (Mr Khan was minister under the previous Samajwadi Party government.)

In the video of the attack, bystanders can be heard asking Qasim to be given water. Sisodia's account of this moment is chilling. "Maine kaha tujhe paani peene kaa haq nai hai, tune marti hui gaaye ko paani nai diya. Meri fauj tujhe choregi nahi tujhe ek ek minute maaregi s*** ko. (I said he has no right to drink water, he slaughtered a cow. My army will kill him by every minute)," he said.

"Mujhe lag nai raha thaa ki s*** Qasim marega, wo bach gaya Samiudin ghutno mein se khoon tango me se khoon (I thought Qasim would die, but that Samiyuddin was bleeding)," he added.

From Hapur, we travelled to Behror town in Alwar, nearly three hours from Jaipur.

It is here that Pehlu Khan was lynched by a mob in April 2017, for allegedly transporting cows for slaughter.

Police arrested and charged nine men; all of whom are out on bail.

One of them is Vipin Yadav, who, like the other accused, claimed they had no role in the killing.

Here again, posing as research scholars from the US, NDTV spoke to Vipin. "Haan humlog 1.5 ghante tak pitate rahe ... pehle 10 aadmi aaye phir 20 aadmi aaye waha karib 500 log akatrit ho gaye (We kept beating him up for 1.5 hours. First there were 10 people then the crowd swelled)," he said while our hidden cameras recorded him.

Vipin also states a key detail about his role in the crime. "Maine hi nikaale the, aur bike aage nikaalne ke baad bhi wo rok nai rahe they, toh maine zabardasti chaaabi nikal ke unko baahar nikaal liya (They weren't stopping their trucks, so I had to overtake them and take their keys to catch them),"he said.

"Han unki haalat aisi hogai thi ki zada maar pitaai hogai thi, 2 pickup ki chaabi mere paas hi thi, mere pocket me hi rah gai thi (He [Pehlu] was badly beaten up, while that happened I had forgotten that the keys to his truck were left in my pocket)."

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/ndtv...crimes-1896161

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    May 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NDTV sting operation on Gau Raksahk

Guy is out on bail ready to kill more.

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Secular India exposed again. Wonderful operation.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Why is the news channel not doing an expose on cow smuggling, it proves it is biased.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thank God for Jinnah...

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1659 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Mr. Jinnah we can never thank you enough. What would we have done had you chosen to stay in England and not come back.

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Mr. Jinnah we can never thank you enough. What would we have done had you chosen to stay in England and not come back.
    If he had stayed in England then muslims in india wouldn't be a minority and these vigilantes would not have dared to target them.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any tweets from Mohammed Kaif?

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is only one guy out of almost one billion, I have never heard majority of Indian protesting by these extremists rather I have seen people on this forum defending by saying it happen once in a while.

A pseudo-secular state.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1659 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    If he had stayed in England then muslims in india wouldn't be a minority and these vigilantes would not have dared to target them.
    Total Muslims in South Asia, around 200mil in Pak, 150 mil in India and 150 mil in Bangladesh. That is about 500 mil Muslims compared to approximately 1 billion Hindus.

In fact had Pakistan not been created (which also lead to creation of Bangladesh) the Muslims would have been a larger minority and hence there would have been even greater friction and maar dhaar between Hindus and Muslims.

For this reason we can never thank Muhammad Ali Jinnah enough.

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    it's ironic how Muslims of Hindustan overplay the patriotic card yet the cow vigilance will keep bringing them back to their lone condition of Muslim.

Jinnah already saw that the cosmetic secularism of Gandhi/Congress will fade away to show its true Saffron colors (leading British intellectual Perry Anderson says the same in "The Indian ideology"), and the Modi-fied BJP is just accelerating the dynamics.

You just can't aggregate these two spiritual systems in one place, iconoclastic Islam and its pure monotheism with pagan Hinduism and its casteist purism (see how Dalits are treated, what do you expect for other "outsiders").

And the fact that foreign-descent Khan's are the best known "celebrities" in India doesn't change all of that.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Total Muslims in South Asia, around 200mil in Pak, 150 mil in India and 150 mil in Bangladesh. That is about 500 mil Muslims compared to approximately 1 billion Hindus.

In fact had Pakistan not been created (which also lead to creation of Bangladesh) the Muslims would have been a larger minority and hence there would have been even greater friction and maar dhaar between Hindus and Muslims.

For this reason we can never thank Muhammad Ali Jinnah enough.
    Such a cowardly statement. Q-e-A will be embarrassed he fought for such people.

14 percent muslims are holding their own against hindus, imagine what 500 million would have done.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by enkidu_ View Post
    it's ironic how Muslims of Hindustan overplay the patriotic card yet the cow vigilance will keep bringing them back to their lone condition of Muslim.

Jinnah already saw that the cosmetic secularism of Gandhi/Congress will fade away to show its true Saffron colors (leading British intellectual Perry Anderson says the same in "The Indian ideology"), and the Modi-fied BJP is just accelerating the dynamics.

You just can't aggregate these two spiritual systems in one place, iconoclastic Islam and its pure monotheism with pagan Hinduism and its casteist purism (see how Dalits are treated, what do you expect for other "outsiders").

And the fact that foreign-descent Khan's are the best known "celebrities" in India doesn't change all of that.
    Good post. Logical rather than utopian. There was always going to be friction between Pagan majority and monotheistic minority.

Such friction would be seen less in a monotheistic majority and a pagan minority because pagan minority can adjust better than monotheists given that pagans can worship both one God or million gods. The monotheists dont have this luxury. The nature of state has to be secular though.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Such a cowardly statement. Q-e-A will be embarrassed he fought for such people.

14 percent muslims are holding their own against hindus, imagine what 500 million would have done.
    Once again I am cursing myself as I find myself agreeing with you. This fearful mentality seems at odds with the history of Islamic Ummah where division of Muslim populations would be considered counter-productive.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are blessed to live in pakistan and not with these racist bigots. Thanks jinnah

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    Once again I am cursing myself as I find myself agreeing with you. This fearful mentality seems at odds with the history of Islamic Ummah where division of Muslim populations would be considered counter-productive.
    There was no division of muslim population when idea of Pakistan was propounded. ALL Muslims had the choice to join Pakistan. Divisions were created later.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    There was no division of muslim population when idea of Pakistan was propounded. ALL Muslims had the choice to join Pakistan. Divisions were created later.
    It sounds good in theory, but reality was much different. Before partition there was no Kashmir problem, no Bangladesh problem etc. Practically speaking, dividing land according to religion was always going to create further problems and that is how it has panned out. The only development has been that those who left are more confident in their identity, and those left behind are weirdos who have to change their faith to suit majority religion through lesser numbers hence less influence.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    True. The partition was not just of british india, but of the muslim community as well. So much that when muslims in india are oppressed, there are people who gloat about it and join the thank you Q-e-A chorus.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    549 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sure the cow is holy to some but dont these extremists who are ready to kill realise human life is always more valuable than some animal? You have to be a right idiot to believe otherwise.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many Indian's I know admit that Quaid Jinnah was absolutely correct of how Muslim's in India will eventually be second class citizens. Why does India not stop exporting beef if they love cow's so much? Not only Muslim's but million's of people from other faiths including Hindu's consume beef as well yet these bigots only target their Muslim's it seems. For those who are saying Indian Muslim's are fighting the bigots well what choice do they have? There would have been such problems even if the subcontinent had not been divided, don't disrespect the creation of Pakistan or take it for granted. For those who love Indian Muslim's so much feel free to move to India if they will have you.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    865 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    Many Indian's I know admit that Quaid Jinnah was absolutely correct of how Muslim's in India will eventually be second class citizens. Why does India not stop exporting beef if they love cow's so much? Not only Muslim's but million's of people from other faiths including Hindu's consume beef as well yet these bigots only target their Muslim's it seems. For those who are saying Indian Muslim's are fighting the bigots well what choice do they have? There would have been such problems even if the subcontinent had not been divided, don't disrespect the creation of Pakistan or take it for granted. For those who love Indian Muslim's so much feel free to move to India if they will have you.
    Now you see how the situation in India is. This is not the India that was earlier any more.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Sure the cow is holy to some but dont these extremists who are ready to kill realise human life is always more valuable than some animal? You have to be a right idiot to believe otherwise.
    true. human life is more valuable than an animal, that is why God Almighty Bhagwan likes Qurbani/bali, the more valuable qurbani, the more pleased he is with his children.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Killing in the name of worshipping anything is a sign of mental degeneration. Especially more so when the object of worship is as unimpressive as a cow. At least with those that worship a mystical sky figure, you can give them credit for a vivid imagination.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    549 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    true. human life is more valuable than an animal, that is why God Almighty Bhagwan likes Qurbani/bali, the more valuable qurbani, the more pleased he is with his children.
    The children are the ones pleased not God because they get to eat the animal.

What evidence is there in the Hindu scriptures regarding the cow being holy?

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This thread seems to be strangely empty of our resident BJP fellas, maybe they've not got directions on how to spin this yet

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adijazz1706 View Post
    This thread seems to be strangely empty of our resident BJP fellas, maybe they've not got directions on how to spin this yet
    What needs spinning? Criminals saying that they will kill again for religion?

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In your own opinion who started the problem ? Hindus or Muslims ? Simple clear unambiguous one word answer please.

Sydney Bangalore Manchester Centurion Durban Jo'burg Mohali Colombo Dhaka Adelaide Kolkata

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tusker View Post
    In your own opinion who started the problem ? Hindus or Muslims ? Simple clear unambiguous one word answer please.
    Which problem, killing people in the name of saving cows? Obviously Hindus

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Hindus.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Radicalized Extremists Hindus.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Something wrong with your guys comprehension? He clearly asked for one word unambiguous answer.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something wrong with your guys comprehension? He clearly asked for one word unambiguous answer.
    I have met plenty of Hindus who have no issue with anyone consuming beef or in transporting a cow, maybe it has to do with living in US or Canada, they had to leave their ignorance behind to assimilate? only Radicalized extremists Hindus would find an excuse to kill Muslims of India. So I had to emphasized.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slipcatch View Post
    I have met plenty of Hindus who have no issue with anyone consuming beef or in transporting a cow, maybe it has to do with living in US or Canada, they had to leave their ignorance behind to assimilate? only Radicalized extremists Hindus would find an excuse to kill Muslims of India. So I had to emphasized.
    You could have done that in a more inventive way and still stuck to the parameters like I did, by changing the font to orange thus denoting extremist Hindus.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could have done that in a more inventive way and still stuck to the parameters like I did, by changing the font to orange thus denoting extremist Hindus.
    I guess I am not as creative as you are

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hindoos who can't let peoples peacefully have a nice beefsteak.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which problem, killing people in the name of saving cows? Obviously Hindus
    Hindus.
    Quote Originally Posted by slipcatch View Post
    Radicalized Extremists Hindus.
    Hindoos who can't let peoples peacefully have a nice beefsteak.
    So essentially trampling on other communities religious beliefs is not a crime at all. Got it !

Its quite stunning how even the most educated Muslims think that there is no problem at all in harming cows despite knowing very well that it is considered sacred. And then you have the gall to lecture others on topics like tolerance , assimilation , religious harmony and stuff like that ?

Sydney Bangalore Manchester Centurion Durban Jo'burg Mohali Colombo Dhaka Adelaide Kolkata

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So essentially trampling on other communities religious beliefs is not a crime at all. Got it !

Its quite stunning how even the most educated Muslims think that there is no problem at all in harming cows despite knowing very well that it is considered sacred. And then you have the gall to lecture others on topics like tolerance , assimilation , religious harmony and stuff like that ?
    Doesn't make sense, not supporting death penalty for cow slaughter does not equal being eager to trample any religious belief

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Where are you getting all that from? Your friend wanted a clear, unambiguous one word answer and I gave one, don't start putting words in my mouth.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    549 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Why is considered a sacred animal? Can you please quote some scripture?

I see no difference between a cow and a goat apart from the size.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't make sense, not supporting death penalty for cow slaughter does not equal being eager to trample any religious belief
    And who is talking about the penalty and whether it was appropriate ? All I wanted to know was what lead to the murders from your perspective. So from yours and other posters response it is clear that you guys don't see any problem in the actions of the Muslims involved in this incident. Hence my previous comment.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where are you getting all that from? Your friend wanted a clear, unambiguous one word answer and I gave one, don't start putting words in my mouth.
    I just extracted them from your own mouth.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And who is talking about the penalty and whether it was appropriate ? All I wanted to know was what lead to the murders from your perspective. So from yours and other posters response it is clear that you guys don't see any problem in the actions of the Muslims involved in this incident. Hence my previous comment.
    Should muslim be killed for transporting cows on a vehicle by a muslim? or transport should be only handed by Hindu? YES or NO answer?

Does India law permit transport of cows by Muslims? Yes or No

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Muslims consider shirk (polytheism/associationism) the biggest sin.

Yet different Islamic dynasties, incl. the Mughals, let you remain pagans when they were submitting and controlling all these numerous Hindoos.

They never enforced monotheism (tawhid) upon the Hindoos.

So you should let Muslims have a nice beefsteak and not enforce compulsory diet.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You seem to extract lots of thing out of thin air to further you extremists views on other.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Azamgarh, U.P, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you REALLY think these gau raakshashs are targeting muslims because there sentiments gets hurt when it comes to their gau mata? 🤔
    Last edited by Cricket-Pundit; 11th August 2018 at 19:49.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Please provide the quotes. if that is indeed true, should be no problem for you.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Which part of the Hindu scriptures calls for a ban on Cow slaughter? I seem to remember there being beef in some feasts in Hindu mythology

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which part of the Hindu scriptures calls for a ban on Cow slaughter? I seem to remember there being beef in some feasts in Hindu mythology
    Before I answer this - Are you going to try the "never-heard-never-knew-about-cows-being-sacred-in-India" excuse ?

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Muslims consider shirk (polytheism/associationism) the biggest sin.

Yet different Islamic dynasties, incl. the Mughals, let you remain pagans when they were submitting and controlling all these numerous Hindoos.

They never enforced monotheism (tawhid) upon the Hindoos.

So you should let Muslims have a nice beefsteak and not enforce compulsory diet.
    Sure we do ... we were even considerate enough to create geographic regions for those who want to eat meat ... we call them Pakistan and Bangladesh. Just go over there and you should be fine

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure we do ... we were even considerate enough to create geographic regions for those who want to eat meat ... we call them Pakistan and Bangladesh. Just go over there and you should be fine
    “We create”, it was forced by minority of British India and RSS is trying to take back

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Before I answer this - Are you going to try the "never-heard-never-knew-about-cows-being-sacred-in-India" excuse ?
    It's a question like u asked above, unambiguous answer pleaae?

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Looks like the Hindu masses didn't respect the religion the conquering Aryan foreigners left to them :

(...)
    In times when eating beef has become a political issue, let’s go back to D.N. Jha’s “The Myth of the Holy Cow” where the historian reveals that not just mortals but even deities were offered meat
    (...)
    Writes Jha in his book, “Animal sacrifices were very common, the most important of them being the famous asvamedha and rajasuya. These and several other major sacrifices involved the killing of animals, including cattle, which constituted the chief form of the wealth of the early Aryans. Not surprisingly, they prayed for cattle and sacrificed them to propitiate their gods. The Vedic gods had no marked dietary preferences. Milk, butter, barley, oxen, goats and sheep were their usual food, though some of them seem to have had their special preferences. Indra had a special liking for bulls. Agni was not a tippler like Indra, but was fond of the flesh of horses, bulls and cows. The toothless Pusan, the guardian of the roads, ate mush as a Hobson’s choice. Soma was the name of an intoxicant but, equally important, of a god, and killing animals (including cattle) for him was basic to most of the Rgvedic yajnas. The Maruts and the asvins were also offered cows. The Vedas mention about 250 animals out of which at least 50 were deemed fit for sacrifice, by implication for divine as well as human consumption. The Taittiriya Brahmana categorically tells us, ‘Verily the cow is food’ (atho annam vai gauh) and Yajnavalkya’s insistence on eating the tender (amsala) flesh of the cow is well known.”

He does not stop here. To make it easier for an average student of history, and the happily oblivious common man, he cites examples from the Mahabharata and Ramayana to drive home the point – life was incomplete without a non-vegetarian meal for deities and dasas alike. He reminds that “the Mahabharata also makes a laudatory reference to the king Rantideva in whose kitchen two thousand cows were butchered each day, their flesh, along with grain, being distributed among the Brahmanas.”

Similarly, he takes recourse to Valmiki’s Ramayana to tell us of the dietary tradition of the gods and goddesses. “Rama was born after his father Dasarath performed a big sacrifice involving the slaughter of a large number of animals declared edible by the Dharmasastras. Sita, assures the Yamuna, while crossing it that she would worship the river with a thousand cows and a hundred jars of wine when Rama accomplishes his vow. Her fondness for deer meat drives her husband crazy enough to kill Maricha, a deer in disguise. Bharadvaja welcomes Rama by slaughtering a fatted calf in his honour,” Jha writes in the conclusion of the book where he also clearly tells us that whether it was the Age of the Mauryan Empire, including the period of Asoka or the Gupta Age, animal sacrifice as also eating of their flesh was very much prevalent. For instance, ceremonial welcome of guests was considered complete only with honey, curd and flesh of cow or bull.

Even the “sacred thread ceremony for its part was not all that sacred; for it was necessary for a snataka to wear an upper garment of cowhide” and the deadtoo were sent away with animals. “The thick fat of the cow was used to cover the corpse and a bull was burnt along with it to enable the departed to ride in the nether world,” the illustrious historian writes.

Even the arrival of Buddhism and Jainism did not put a full stop to the practice. After all, Buddha is said to have died after consuming a meal made of pork. Also Manu provided a list of creatures whose flesh was considered edible. In the list he exempted camel from being killed but not the cow. In fact, animal sacrifice, including that of cattle continued till modern times. As Jha has written, “As late as the 18th Century Ghanasyama, a minister for a Tanjore ruler, states that the killing of cow in honour of a guest was the ancient rule.” Even Vivekananda is said to have consumed meat in the U.S.
    (...)
    https://www.thehindu.com/opinion/col...cle7797190.ece

I thought it was the British who gave independence to both India and Pak.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Looks like the Hindu masses didn't respect the religion the conquering Aryan foreigners left to them :

https://www.thehindu.com/opinion/col...cle7797190.ece
    Most of the article is about consuming animal meat, which is noise and irrelevant. Only two instances mention eating cow meat. Please provide original references for those.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Most of the article is about consuming animal meat, which is noise and irrelevant. Only two instances mention eating cow meat. Please provide original references for those.
    You should perhaps read Jha's book then, I'm sure there's at least one reference in the +200 pages, he also refers to these authors :

(...)
    The textual evidence, in fact, begins to be available from the Rig Veda itself, which is the earliest Indian religious text and figures in popular perception as being of divine origin. HH Wilson, writing in the first half of the 19th century, had asserted, “The sacrifice of the horse or of the cow, the gomedha or ashvamedha, appears to have been common in the earliest periods of the Hindu ritual.”

The view that the practice of killing of cattle as sacrifices and eating its flesh prevailed among the Indo-Aryans was, however, put forth most convincingly/forcefully by Rajendra Lal Mitra in an article, which was first published in the Journal of the Asiatic Society of Bengal, and subsequently formed a chapter in his book entitled ‘The Indo-Aryans in 1891’. Later in the early 40s, PV Kane – in his monumental work, ‘History of Dharmashastra’ – referred to specific Vedic and later Shastric passages that spoke of cow slaughter and beef eating.

It is necessary to bear in mind that none of the above scholars had anything to do with Marxism, which the saffronised journalists and publicists like Arun Shourie have been fighting through the columns of the Asian Age. Wilson was the first occupant of the Chair of Sanskrit at Oxford in 1832 and was not as avowedly anti-Indian as many other imperialist scholars. Mitra, a product of the Bengal renaissance and a close associate of Rabindranath’s elder brother Jyotindranath Tagore, made significant contribution to India’s intellectual life, and was described by Max Mueller as the best living Indologist of his time. Kane was a conservative Marathi brahmin and the only Sanskritist to be honoured with the title of ‘Bharat Ratna’.
    (...)
    http://www.merinews.com/article/on-b...a/131534.shtml

Anyway, the very fact of cattle (incl. cow) sacrifice would be already too much for modern normative Hinduism, which is also a betrayal of the spiritual system the Aryans so generously offered to them.

If you want to bash Muslims for having a nice beefsteak you guys should do the same with the Aryans/Hindu gods.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You should perhaps read Jha's book then, I'm sure there's at least one reference in the +200 pages, he also refers to these authors :

http://www.merinews.com/article/on-b...a/131534.shtml

Anyway, the very fact of cattle (incl. cow) sacrifice would be already too much for modern normative Hinduism, which is also a betrayal of the spiritual system the Aryans so generously offered to them.

If you want to bash Muslims for having a nice beefsteak you guys should do the same with the Aryans/Hindu gods.

So you don't have reference to present and it was a lazy copy paste job.

We are followers of Lord Krishna and Lord Ram, both of whom were cow protectors. If you really want to pick some DN Jha (without having access to the real work and relying on blogs) you should show how the primary dieties were in favour of beef consumption, not what some random person who has no importance in scriptures or is valued by masses might have said.

Also very poor logic of conflating the past with the present. Just because someone indulged in immoral unethical and blasphemous acts in the past gives no excuse for others in the present to do it.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So you don't have reference to present and it was a lazy copy paste job.

We are followers of Lord Krishna and Lord Ram, both of whom were cow protectors. If you really want to pick some DN Jha (without having access to the real work and relying on blogs) you should show how the primary dieties were in favour of beef consumption, not what some random person who has no importance in scriptures or is valued by masses might have said.

Also very poor logic of conflating the past with the present. Just because someone indulged in immoral unethical and blasphemous acts in the past gives no excuse for others in the present to do it.
    I think you're the one being lazy to not look into the evidences these authors (outside Jha) present.

The point is that cattle (incl. cow) sacrifice is attested in the holy scriptures of the Aryans, and killing a cow for modern Hindus - who supposedly follow the ways of the Aryans, "immoral" and "unethical" as per you) - is itself blasphemous. We're not even talking of beef consumption here, actually, but the sanctity of the "gau mata", for whom man like in OP are ready to go on a killing spree.

We'll keep having a nice beefsteak but you have to come up at terms with your very own holy scriptures. All the names here are at least formally Hindus. If you want a dignified Islamic pov, here it is :

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think you're the one being lazy to not look into the evidences these authors (outside Jha) present.

The point is that cattle (incl. cow) sacrifice is attested in the holy scriptures of the Aryans, and killing a cow for modern Hindus - who supposedly follow the ways of the Aryans, "immoral" and "unethical" as per you) - is itself blasphemous. We're not even talking of beef consumption here, actually, but the sanctity of the "gau mata", for whom man like in OP are ready to go on a killing spree.

We'll keep having a nice beefsteak but you have to come up at terms with your very own holy scriptures. All the names here are at least formally Hindus. If you want a dignified Islamic pov, here it is :
    You are the one who presented a wall of text as evidence, so you are the one who has to present the references. Most of the rubbish you presented had to do with animal meat consumption. You have failed to show reference for the ones which talked about cow killing. Go on, don't be lazy.

Are you having a slow day? We are followers of Lord Ram and Lord Krishna. Dare you to present anywhere where they advocated cow beef consumption. If you talk about scriptures, then have the courage to present it. Don't try to hide behind DN Jha. Show us what you have got.

Does Prophet Ibrahim killing his son mean that Islam/Christianity advocates filicide? That would be a dumb take on it, which is what you are doing.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You are the one who presented a wall of text as evidence, so you are the one who has to present the references. Most of the rubbish you presented had to do with animal meat consumption. You have failed to show reference for the ones which talked about cow killing. Go on, don't be lazy.

Are you having a slow day? We are followers of Lord Ram and Lord Krishna. Dare you to present anywhere where they advocated cow beef consumption. If you talk about scriptures, then have the courage to present it. Don't try to hide behind DN Jha. Show us what you have got.

Does Prophet Ibrahim killing his son mean that Islam/Christianity advocates filicide? That would be a dumb take on it, which is what you are doing.
    You're being purposefully disingenuous. I quoted a respected Indian academic, Jha, who himself bases his book (not article or blog, but book), on many references, incl. Hindu authors and primary/secondary sources pertaining to Vedism/Hinduism. The rationale move to take would be to look into a book, not ask me to present you the evidences (spoiler : I'm not Jha the writer).

You can be a follow of Lord Ram or Modi, it's tangential, the point is that the authors, themselves quoting your own holy scriptures, show that cow sacrifice happened in the texts respected by modern Hindus ; yet modern Hindus like OP want to slaughters those who slaughter cows, which would thus logically imply all the respect religious figures quoted by the said intellectual authorities would be their prime targets as well.

Prophet Ibrahim (s) didn't kill his son, that's the whole point, and it's as commemoration of this story that we sacrifice an animal on Eid ul Adha, preferably a cow.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You're being purposefully disingenuous. I quoted a respected Indian academic, Jha, who himself bases his book (not article or blog, but book), on many references, incl. Hindu authors and primary/secondary sources pertaining to Vedism/Hinduism. The rationale move to take would be to look into a book, not ask me to present you the evidences (spoiler : I'm not Jha the writer).

You can be a follow of Lord Ram or Modi, it's tangential, the point is that the authors, themselves quoting your own holy scriptures, show that cow sacrifice happened in the texts respected by modern Hindus ; yet modern Hindus like OP want to slaughters those who slaughter cows, which would thus logically imply all the respect religious figures quoted by the said intellectual authorities would be their prime targets as well.

Prophet Ibrahim (s) didn't kill his son, that's the whole point, and it's as commemoration of this story that we sacrifice an animal on Eid ul Adha, preferably a cow.
    Exactly, you are not Jha the writer, so unless you have evidences to show, don't try to ride the coattails of others when your only contribution is superficial copy paste.

You say the authors show that cow sacrifice happened, which is purposefully disingenuous, because you fail to show that they showed it. Unless you can show it, save this pretence of knowing what you are talking about.

The fact that we follow Lord Ram (thanks for insulting my religion by equating him with Modi, but as a Hindu I will only pray that you come to the Right Path), is not tangential, but THE main point. Unless you prove that our primary Deities encouraged cow meat consumption, everything else is tangential.

just show two things:
    1. The references which your new favourite writers have to show scriptures approved cow slaughter.
    2. Our primary Gods, who are followed by majority (like Sunnis among Muslims) encouraged cow slaughter.

Anything else is tangential (not even academic unless you show references).

Although let me categorically state that no one should be killed for beef consumption BUT cow slaughter is wrong and blasphemous.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Exactly, you are not Jha the writer, so unless you have evidences to show, don't try to ride the coattails of others when your only contribution is superficial copy paste.

You say the authors show that cow sacrifice happened, which is purposefully disingenuous, because you fail to show that they showed it. Unless you can show it, save this pretence of knowing what you are talking about.

The fact that we follow Lord Ram (thanks for insulting my religion by equating him with Modi, but as a Hindu I will only pray that you come to the Right Path), is not tangential, but THE main point. Unless you prove that our primary Deities encouraged cow meat consumption, everything else is tangential.

just show two things:
    1. The references which your new favourite writers have to show scriptures approved cow slaughter.
    2. Our primary Gods, who are followed by majority (like Sunnis among Muslims) encouraged cow slaughter.

Anything else is tangential (not even academic unless you show references).

Although let me categorically state that no one should be killed for beef consumption BUT cow slaughter is wrong and blasphemous.
    Here excerpts from the first article I posted :

Agni was not a tippler like Indra, but was fond of the flesh of horses, bulls and cows. The toothless Pusan, the guardian of the roads, ate mush as a Hobson’s choice. Soma was the name of an intoxicant but, equally important, of a god, and killing animals (including cattle) for him was basic to most of the Rgvedic yajnas. The Maruts and the asvins were also offered cows. The Vedas mention about 250 animals out of which at least 50 were deemed fit for sacrifice, by implication for divine as well as human consumption. The Taittiriya Brahmana categorically tells us, ‘Verily the cow is food’ (atho annam vai gauh) and Yajnavalkya’s insistence on eating the tender (amsala) flesh of the cow is well known.”
    (...)
    He reminds that “the Mahabharata also makes a laudatory reference to the king Rantideva in whose kitchen two thousand cows were butchered each day, their flesh, along with grain, being distributed among the Brahmanas.”
    (...)
    In fact, animal sacrifice, including that of cattle continued till modern times. As Jha has written, “As late as the 18th Century Ghanasyama, a minister for a Tanjore ruler, states that the killing of cow in honour of a guest was the ancient rule.” Even Vivekananda is said to have consumed meat in the U.S.
    You can twist and spin it the way you want, but gau mata was being slaughtered in Vedic times and the man in OP would have threatened Aryan gods.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Here excerpts from the first article I posted :

You can twist and spin it the way you want, but gau mata was being slaughtered in Vedic times and the man in OP would have threatened Aryan gods.
    bold text does not equate to reference. Show the reference these text are based on.

You can copy paste all you want, use cute smileys and bold and italicise text all you want , but your superficial knowledge will keep getting exposed.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a question like u asked above, unambiguous answer pleaae?

Simple answer is it does not matter which Holy Text Does or Does not consider Cows as Holy. The thing that matters most is the law. According to the Law harming cows is illegal in India and I can assure you that this is common knowledge in India.

So now lets go back to your original question where you were lamenting why BJP supporters were missing on this thread. The relevant question now is why do Muslims - even the educated ones as proven by some of the despicable comments here and other threads - do not have any respect for law of the land and the religious beliefs of non-muslims in general and idol-worshipers in particular. What is the source of this intolerance ? Once you identify and rectify this source then such incidents will automatically get resolved.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought it was the British who gave independence to both India and Pak.
    Wrong answer - I think you have a valid cause for a refund on the money you paid for your history course

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    bold text does not equate to reference. Show the reference these text are based on.

You can copy paste all you want, use cute smileys and bold and italicise text all you want , but your superficial knowledge will keep getting exposed.
    Jha is an historian and an academic at the Delhi University. You really think that he would not give references while quoting stuff ?

Look at the excerpts from his famed book, "The Myth of the Holy Cow", there's literally a reference every line :

The ancient Aryans had no problem slaughtering gau mata, so the modern Hindoos who apparently respect their scriptures shouldn't either, whereas Muslims will keep having a nice beefsteak.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Jha is an historian and an academic at the Delhi University. You really think that he would not give references while quoting stuff ?

Look at the excerpts from his famed book, "The Myth of the Holy Cow", there's literally a reference every line :

The ancient Aryans had no problem slaughtering gau mata, so the modern Hindoos who apparently respect their scriptures shouldn't either, whereas Muslims will keep having a nice beefsteak.
    Again you are not showing the references. Superscript numbers is not equal to references. Thanks for the effort, but you need to try bit more, then we will discuss those original text. You cannot hide being the fallacy of appeal to authority.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Again you are not showing the references. Superscript numbers is not equal to references. Thanks for the effort, but you need to try bit more, then we will discuss those original text. You cannot hide being the fallacy of appeal to authority.
    Anyway I posted what I had to, it's up to the peoples if they either want to trust a well respected academic who's a prolific historian or an e-bhakt cow vigilante.

@KingKhanWC all of that responds to your question as well, about the sanctity of gau mata in the scriptures.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Anyway I posted what I had to, it's up to the peoples if they either want to trust a well respected academic who's a prolific historian or an e-bhakt cow vigilante.

@KingKhanWC all of that responds to your question as well, about the sanctity of gau mata in the scriptures.
    I have seen your well respected academics, like that audrey truschke. Whose whole argument falls apart if you start investigating the references.

As expected you run cold feet when asked to show the ground truth, from which these academics are supposed to have drawn their inferences from. I dare you to debate based on the ground truth. You need to do a logic 101 to understand appeal to authority is not a valid argument.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Isn't Hinduism ever evolving anyway? Even if at one point eating beef was approved in ancient texts, it could well be that that custom was discarded in some subsequent evolution of the faith. The flexibility of Hinduism is often cited by followers as one of it's biggest strengths - and also weaknesses as they have been too flexible in letting Islam take root in the subcontinent.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Isn't Hinduism ever evolving anyway? Even if at one point eating beef was approved in ancient texts, it could well be that that custom was discarded in some subsequent evolution of the faith. The flexibility of Hinduism is often cited by followers as one of it's biggest strengths - and also weaknesses as they have been too flexible in letting Islam take root in the subcontinent.
    Let the psuedo historian first prove it. I am armed with text from Rig Veda and Bhagwad Gita, two most important scriptures. He is yet to show the text from even the tangential scriptures.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Let the psuedo historian first prove it. I am armed with text from Rig Veda and Bhagwad Gita, two most important scriptures. He is yet to show the text from even the tangential scriptures.
    Isn't it also possible that the Rig Veda and Baghavat Gita have also become less relevant as Hinduism evolved? In much the same way Manu Smitri was also considered inappropriate beyond the era when it was relevant?

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Isn't it also possible that the Rig Veda and Baghavat Gita have also become less relevant as Hinduism evolved? In much the same way Manu Smitri was also considered inappropriate beyond the era when it was relevant?
    So what became more relevant in their place, that must be answered first. We hindus are humanists first, if we find that a part of scripture does not stand the test of time, we ignore it. Although such scriptures are often from tertiary text, not the primary scripture we draw our faith and morality from.

Cow protection is a humanitarian act. Eating the flesh of the animal you drank milk from? There is a reason Islam gives importance to milk, and if two people consume milk from same person, they are considered siblings. Also, eating less meat is sunnah, The Prophet (PBUH) ate meat rarely, but muslims have strayed and built a reputation that meat is synonymous with muslim food. I think Muslims, not only those who live with Hindus, must give up meat, not just beef, so that they become better muslims.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So what became more relevant in their place, that must be answered first. We hindus are humanists first, if we find that a part of scripture does not stand the test of time, we ignore it. Although such scriptures are often from tertiary text, not the primary scripture we draw our faith and morality from.

Cow protection is a humanitarian act. Eating the flesh of the animal you drank milk from? There is a reason Islam gives importance to milk, and if two people consume milk from same person, they are considered siblings. Also, eating less meat is sunnah, The Prophet (PBUH) ate meat rarely, but muslims have strayed and built a reputation that meat is synonymous with muslim food. I think Muslims, not only those who live with Hindus, must give up meat, not just beef, so that they become better muslims.
    Your own Hindoo academics, quoting your very own revealed scriptures (shruti), say that there were animal (incl. cow) sacrifices in the times of Aryans. You are supposed to follow the ways of the Aryans. If you have an issue don't talk to me but directly to Jha or try to contact Agni, who was particularly fond of cow meat. You can also deny the authority of the Vedas and become nastika like the Jain's/Buddhist's, who are the first to have criticized the animal sacrifices.

I just did a quick research on beef consumption in the Vedic hymns, and that's what I found from the Rg Veda (in few seconds, because apparently you have been looking for "references"), a commentary by a Hindoo :

Vrisha-Kapi was the son of one Parshu a female of the tribe or class of Manu. His father’s name is not mentioned. Indra had many slaves, and Vrisha-Kapi seems to have been in command of them.
    Whether Vrisha-Kapi himself was originally a slave is not quite clear. He seems to have been once sent to chastise some enemies, when, with his following of slaves, he rebelled against the authority of Indra. Even after this rebellious conduct, Indra continued to be as kind to him as before. This kindness was doubtless owing to the superior quality of beer and beef supplied by Vrisha-Kapi at the table of Indra.
    (...)
    In the 13th the wife of Indra calls upon the wife of Vrisha-Kapi to prepare a repast with plenty of roast beef and beer for Indra, insinuating thereby that the beef roasted by her was less savoury and the beer served- by her
    (...)
    The hymn undoubtedly belongs to a time when beef was an article of daily consumption, both Indra and Vrisha-Kapi being very great beef-eaters. The author of the hymn also, even supposing for a moment that he was not a beef-eater, could certainly not be counted among those who held beef unclean.
    You can read the said hymns and commentary in the following link, p. 234 onward : https://archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.283343

Now, if you do or don't, it's not of our concern, but the prophet (s) not always eating meat doesn't mean that those who do will be bullied/killed. In fact, in an Islamic state the dhimmis are allowed to eat their pork, and in the same way we will keep eating gau mata.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Your own Hindoo academics, quoting your very own revealed scriptures (shruti), say that there were animal (incl. cow) sacrifices in the times of Aryans. You are supposed to follow the ways of the Aryans. If you have an issue don't talk to me but directly to Jha or try to contact Agni, who was particularly fond of cow meat. You can also deny the authority of the Vedas and become nastika like the Jain's/Buddhist's, who are the first to have criticized the animal sacrifices.

I just did a quick research on beef consumption in the Vedic hymns, and that's what I found from the Rg Veda (in few seconds, because apparently you have been looking for "references"), a commentary by a Hindoo :

You can read the said hymns and commentary in the following link, p. 234 onward : https://archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.283343

Now, if you do or don't, it's not of our concern, but the prophet (s) not always eating meat doesn't mean that those who do will be bullied/killed. In fact, in an Islamic state the dhimmis are allowed to eat their pork, and in the same way we will keep eating gau mata.
    Again, all tangential literature, nothing from the main Rig Veda or Bhagwat Gita. Especially Bhagwad Gita supersedes everything, just like The Prophet (PBUH) is the seal of prophets. All your desperation in proving that cow protection is not a central tenet in Hinduism is ignorance, which will not be washed away by copying links and bolding text.

Eating meat rarely is a sunnah. It is only greed and gluttony which has led muslims astray and probably explains why the muslim world finds itself in its current state. Also the bad karma caused by killing cows.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    549 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thanks brother.

I've been asking this question for years on this forum but no Indian Hindu poster has responded.

So the cow can be sacrificed meaning it's not holy in the way India's laws believe it to be.

Hopefully one day they will follow their own scriptures

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Thanks brother.

I've been asking this question for years on this forum but no Indian Hindu poster has responded.

Rigveda HYMN LXXXVII. Agni verse 16 :

"The fiend who smears himself with flesh of cattle, with flesh of horses and of human bodies,
    Who steals the milch-cow's milk away, O Agni,-tear off the heads of such with fiery fury"
    Link: http://www.sanskritweb.net/rigveda/griffith.pdf

Another source of the same Rig veda: https://www.globalgreyebooks.com/con...s/rig-veda.pdf
    Goto Page 907 and read point 16.

More here with other sources from different Hindu Holy texts:

https://www.dakshinvrindavan.org/cow-in-vedas/
    and here : http://www.bhagavad-gita.org/Articles/holy-cow.html

So the cow can be sacrificed meaning it's not holy in the way India's laws believe it to be.

Hopefully one day they will follow their own scriptures
    You sure about that ?

@Adijazz1706
    @Cpt. Rishwat
    Last edited by Tusker; 13th August 2018 at 01:39.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Rigveda HYMN LXXXVII. Agni verse 16 :

"The fiend who smears himself with flesh of cattle, with flesh of horses and of human bodies,
    Who steals the milch-cow's milk away, O Agni,-tear off the heads of such with fiery fury"
    Link: http://www.sanskritweb.net/rigveda/griffith.pdf

Another source of the same Rig veda: https://www.globalgreyebooks.com/con...s/rig-veda.pdf
    Goto Page 907 and read point 16.

More here with other sources from different Hindu Holy texts:

https://www.dakshinvrindavan.org/cow-in-vedas/
    and here : http://www.bhagavad-gita.org/Articles/holy-cow.html

You sure about that ?

@Adijazz1706
    @Cpt. Rishwat
    Thanks for the links, but now I am very keen to get a copy of the Rig Veda and the Bhagavat Gita. Are these available in book form like the Quran so one may study them?

Many thanks also to PP historian enkidu_

While some may not appreciate the pasting and the bolding, I think we need to give more credit for the studious nature of his efforts which surely take time and trouble to compile and cross-reference. Sterling work my friend.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    2 Muslim youths thrashed, paraded by cow protection group in Uttar Pradesh

Muzaffarnagar | Two Muslim youths were allegedly thrashed and paraded by a mob led by the head of a vigilante group on suspicion of smuggling two cows in Uttar Pradesh’s Shamli district this evening, police said.

The head of the cow vigilante group was arrested and the two youth were booked under the UP Prevention of Cow Slaughter Act, and taken into custody, they said.

Superintendent of Police Shlok Kumar said Dilshad and Shah Rukh were ferrying two cows, which they claimed were bought from a temple priest to their village when the mob intercepted the truck in Shamli town and attacked them.

Anuj Bansal, the head of the cow vigilante group, has been arrested and a search is on for the other members of the group, he told PTI.

According to the FIR, the duo and the priest, who was also in the vehicle, told the attackers that they had bought the cows for rearing, but the accused thrashed the two youths and paraded them in the area. The priest was not attacked, police said.

On receiving information about the incident, police rushed to the spot and rescued the youths. They have been have been taken into custody, police said.

https://hwnews.in/news/national-news...on-group/54355

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    Mentioned
    675 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not sure why muslims continue to eat beef in India despite knowing how sacred cows are considered in Hinduism. If muslims have a problem with people in other countries drawing caricatures, then why not stop disrespecting other religions? Can't have it both ways.

“I've never lost a game I just ran out of time.” Micheal Jordan

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by world cup captain View Post
    Not sure why muslims continue to eat beef in India despite knowing how sacred cows are considered in Hinduism. If muslims have a problem with people in other countries drawing caricatures, then why not stop disrespecting other religions? Can't have it both ways.
    Conversely it could be said that the Hindus are disrespecting the muslims of India by not allowing them to eat beef. Also you said other countries but this concerns the same country.
    Last edited by Kroll; 21st August 2018 at 21:16.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    Mentioned
    675 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    Conversely it could be said that the Hindus are disrespecting the muslims of India by not allowing them to eat beef. Also you said other countries but this concerns the same country.
    How so? There is a reason why the country is named Hindustan. They can choose to make as extreme hindu laws as they wish just like Pakistan has its own religious laws. If people want, I could write down a whole list of personal freedoms which are banned in Pakistan solely due to Islam yet cause no one any harm. If Pakistan can have such laws and regulations, then why can't India?

“I've never lost a game I just ran out of time.” Micheal Jordan