Instagram

SportsFever360

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    331
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    J&K Police to start ‘crowd funding campaign’ to aid kin of slain SPOs

    The Jammu and Kashmir police will start a “crowd funding campaign” on Twitter on Monday to provide financial aid to the families of 499 special police officers (SPOs) who died fighting militancy in the state.
    Director General of Police S P Vaid will kick off the Twitter crowd funding campaign at 8.00 am tomorrow with the hashtag #martyredSPOs, a police official said today.


    "We have 499 SPOs who have made the supreme sacrifice of their lives in the line of duty. It is our responsibility to take care of their families. This crowdfunding is our small way of expressing gratitude to these martyrs and their families," he said.
    The official said a large number of SPOs, who are at the forefront of fighting militancy, as well as maintaining law and order in the state, get injured on duty.
    "A part of the funds generated will be set aside for providing assistance to the SPOs injured during operations and their dependents suffering from terminal diseases," he added.
    The official said 131 members of village defence committees have also been killed while fighting militancy in the state and welfare measures like these were also in the pipeline for their families.
    Pledges towards the fund for SPOs can be made at www.Ketto.Org/fundraiser/martyred-spo.


    https://www.greaterkashmir.com/news/...os/292674.html

    These guys are not even getting 100$ per month, it seems like high unemployment rate in Kashmir is forcing youth to take-up high risk jobs and anti-social practices.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 11th August 2018 at 18:01.

  2. #2
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    3,667
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rishikesh View Post
    The Jammu and Kashmir police will start a “crowd funding campaign” on Twitter on Monday to provide financial aid to the families of 499 special police officers (SPOs) who died fighting militancy in the state.
    Director General of Police S P Vaid will kick off the Twitter crowd funding campaign at 8.00 am tomorrow with the hashtag #martyredSPOs, a police official said today.


    "We have 499 SPOs who have made the supreme sacrifice of their lives in the line of duty. It is our responsibility to take care of their families. This crowdfunding is our small way of expressing gratitude to these martyrs and their families," he said.
    The official said a large number of SPOs, who are at the forefront of fighting militancy, as well as maintaining law and order in the state, get injured on duty.
    "A part of the funds generated will be set aside for providing assistance to the SPOs injured during operations and their dependents suffering from terminal diseases," he added.
    The official said 131 members of village defence committees have also been killed while fighting militancy in the state and welfare measures like these were also in the pipeline for their families.
    Pledges towards the fund for SPOs can be made at www.Ketto.Org/fundraiser/martyred-spo.


    https://www.greaterkashmir.com/news/...os/292674.html

    These guys are not even getting 100$ per month, it seems like high unemployment rate in Kashmir is forcing youth to take-up high risk jobs and anti-social practices.
    There's always a section of the people who are aligned with the rulers come what may, the many Indians who died fighting for the Brits in the World Wars being a prime example. The viewpoint of the majority is what counta in the end

  3. #3
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    21,525
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Maybe people from Jammu will help them. Or some of their own relatives. They have chosen a side in this conflict against their own people (unemployment etc. Whatever the reasons) and unfortunately the consequences which come with it have to be faced by them.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    1,781
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adijazz1706 View Post
    There's always a section of the people who are aligned with the rulers come what may, the many Indians who died fighting for the Brits in the World Wars being a prime example. The viewpoint of the majority is what counta in the end
    Actually it's the Punjabi Muslims who were called the backbone of the British Indian Army as per the English officers, the Hindus of India were heavily under-represented, that's also why when at Partition the Punjabi Muslims betrayed Bharat again, the modern Indian Army has not much Muslims, around 3% :

    On the eve of World War II almost 34,000 Punjabi Muslims were in the army (29 per cent) and during World War-II over 380,000 joined (about 14% of the total). No other class came close to these figures: Sikhs: 116,000, Gurkhas: 109,000, Muslims of other classes from UP, Deccan, Madras, Bengal, NWFP, etc 274,000, were recruited during 1939-1945. Muslims as a whole constituted a quarter of the Indian Army as of 1947.

    Almost 70 per cent of the wartime recruitment was from what became Pakistan had been from the undivided Punjab, 19.5 per cent from NWFP, 2.2 per cent from Sindh, and 0.06 per cent from Baluchistan.
    http://defencejournal.com/sept99/martial-races.htm

  5. #5
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    3,667
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by enkidu_ View Post
    Actually it's the Punjabi Muslims who were called the backbone of the British Indian Army as per the English officers, the Hindus of India were heavily under-represented, that's also why when at Partition the Punjabi Muslims betrayed Bharat again, the modern Indian Army has not much Muslims, around 3% :



    http://defencejournal.com/sept99/martial-races.htm
    Talking about WW1 here where Ghandiji was doing the recruiting

  6. #6
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    10,665
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by enkidu_ View Post
    Actually it's the Punjabi Muslims who were called the backbone of the British Indian Army as per the English officers, the Hindus of India were heavily under-represented, that's also why when at Partition the Punjabi Muslims betrayed Bharat again, the modern Indian Army has not much Muslims, around 3% :
    The punjabi muslims were namak halaal. when the hindoos and moslems from Oudh and Bengal wanted the mughal emperor to be their leader during sepoy mutiny and had betrayed their employers, it was the punjabi muslims who helped the british kill the rebels.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    1,781
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    The punjabi muslims were namak halaal. when the hindoos and moslems from Oudh and Bengal wanted the mughal emperor to be their leader during sepoy mutiny and had betrayed their employers, it was the punjabi muslims who helped the british kill the rebels.
    Yes I read William Dalrymple's work where he says that the Hindoos were even fighting in the name of "jihad" against the British, but you can't ally yourself with polytheists in any circumstance.

    That's why early Muslims preferred a Roman over a Persian victory in sura 30.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    3,387
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Maybe people from Jammu will help them. Or some of their own relatives. They have chosen a side in this conflict against their own people (unemployment etc. Whatever the reasons) and unfortunately the consequences which come with it have to be faced by them.
    Are there big differences between Jammu Muslims and Kashmiris?


    "Be the best version of yourself"

  9. #9
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    3,667
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakistanian View Post
    Are there big differences between Jammu Muslims and Kashmiris?
    People from Jammu does not necessarily mean Muslims. Jammu Muslims have the trauma of the post partition slaughter in the back of their minds, we have the trauma of the ongoing slaughter front right and centre of our minds

  10. #10
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    3,387
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adijazz1706 View Post
    People from Jammu does not necessarily mean Muslims. Jammu Muslims have the trauma of the post partition slaughter in the back of their minds, we have the trauma of the ongoing slaughter front right and centre of our minds
    I know but I mean in terms of culture and mentality/attitudes?


    "Be the best version of yourself"


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •