Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think that 6 months should be allotted to league cricket, 3 months for test cricket and the other 3 months for LOI cricket. It would create enough space for major t20 leagues to survive without actually overlapping IPL. It would also kill gilly danda Leagues like T-10 leagues. It would also make test and other forms of international cricket into much more anticipated spectacles.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1852 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrez Pakistani View Post
    I think that 6 months should be allotted to league cricket, 3 months for test cricket and the other 3 months for LOI cricket. It would create enough space for major t20 leagues to survive without actually overlapping IPL. It would also kill gilly danda Leagues like T-10 leagues. It would also make test and other forms of international cricket into much more anticipated spectacles.
    Most people under the age of 40 don't even watch or care for test cricket (don't take opinions on this website, I'm talking about the average joe). That is an inconvenient fact that people can't seem to accept. If test cricket dies tomorrow the only major loss would be Ashes and Pakistan vs India tests (which do not even happen anyway). Test cricket is boring for the most part and nobody has time to dedicate 5 days in today's world to watching a single match that may end in a draw. Most people just check the scorecard here or there. I do not even remember the last time I sat down and actually watched a full session of test cricket specially the matches in UAE are full on bore apart from the last two sessions on day 5.

More LOI cricket is the way forward.

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve Smith to Qalandars only for them to finish last again

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Most people under the age of 40 don't even watch or care for test cricket (don't take opinions on this website, I'm talking about the average joe). That is an inconvenient fact that people can't seem to accept. If test cricket dies tomorrow the only major loss would be Ashes and Pakistan vs India tests (which do not even happen anyway). Test cricket is boring for the most part and nobody has time to dedicate 5 days in today's world to watching a single match that may end in a draw. Most people just check the scorecard here or there. I do not even remember the last time I sat down and actually watched a full session of test cricket specially the matches in UAE are full on bore apart from the last two sessions on day 5.

As much as the new generation detest test cricket, the older generation still cherish it. International players seems to give a lot of emphasis to test cricket. Ppl remember a great test innings. Test cricket is not here for commercial value, it’s here to keep one generation tied to a format. If our elders didn’t love test cricket, we wouldn’t be interested in cricket at all. Once we abandon one format, the slope will become way too slippery for our own liking.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1023 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Then most international players would prefer to play in the IPL because of the big payout.
    I think they have 8 teams and each team already has around 6-7 international players in their squad. That makes it 50 odd international players. That is essentially all the best available players.
    I would rather take IPL rejects like Amla and Guptil than a retired Brendon McCullum.
    But IPL can only accommodate a limited amount of foreign players.
    If the PSL cannot compete with the IPL and BBL, then it should die. Simple as that.

However, I can definitely see the PSL attract top talent. It is an established league now and is (mostly) played in a desirable location (UAE). The IPL won't be able to pay for all of the 50 best international cricketers, some of the top players will find that other leagues can pay them more.

Also, this will allow more homegrown talent to get chances to play over retired, foreign greats. The PSL already has an identity and a dedicated fanbase; most people will still watch even if it is Usman Salahuddin batting at #5 for the Lahore Badshahs, rather than AB de Villiers. Those that won't care now, won't care then, myself included, but that is fine.

Most importantly, this will ensure that players are not stolen from international cricket which will benefit the game as a whole.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1023 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

How many people under 40 watch Golf? Test cricket will not die, it has a dedicated fanbase that continue following it and that is enough to sustain it. Almost all the major test series, except Sri Lanka versus the other two major Asian sides, are fantastic to watch. You really should sit down and watch a session of the upcoming Aus-Ind tests or the SA-Pak after that. It is good showing and offers something different and more fulfilling than the same T20 garbage on show everywhere.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ummii View Post
    Mitchell Johnson?
    He's retired from all forms of cricket. Now focusing on motorsports.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    If the PSL cannot compete with the IPL and BBL, then it should die. Simple as that.

However, I can definitely see the PSL attract top talent. It is an established league now and is (mostly) played in a desirable location (UAE). The IPL won't be able to pay for all of the 50 best international cricketers, some of the top players will find that other leagues can pay them more.

Also, this will allow more homegrown talent to get chances to play over retired, foreign greats. The PSL already has an identity and a dedicated fanbase; most people will still watch even if it is Usman Salahuddin batting at #5 for the Lahore Badshahs, rather than AB de Villiers. Those that won't care now, won't care then, myself included, but that is fine.

Most importantly, this will ensure that players are not stolen from international cricket which will benefit the game as a whole.
    I think ICC can play a huge role in this regard. It is often the case in IPL that a nobody gets a 9-15 cror deal while a proven match winner in international cricket gets rejected. The worth of a player should estimated through his performance rather than his potential. That will create a system in which some of the rich franchises wouldn’t be able to recruit some of the best talent on a bargain price. If a franchise want to have Chris Gayle and Ab de Villiers, then that franchise, with its limited amount of budget, wouldn’t be able to afford Andre Russell in a same season. That franchise would then be weary of buying a nobody as well as buying too many stars, in essence a perfect balance. In a larger scheme of things, an 8 team league would not be able to sustain 77 top class foreign players in a single season. The other leagues, can then buy the rest of the top class talent. For that to happen, the worth of the players would also be required to be proportionate to the league’s total value. So for example, if the IPL is worth RS 500 crore, then a top class player, according to his past performances, should be sold at a 0.4 percentage of the league’s worth. That would remain constant for all leagues, meaning that a top performer, but an IPL reject would get 0.4 percentage of the total worth of a league like PSL, CPL, BPL, Big Bash etc. Proportionate pay regulation can significantly change the market dynamics of league cricket. But this can only work if there is a universal cap on how many maximum amount of teams and players per team, a league is allowed to have. Knowing the impotence of ICC, this will never happen.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mitchell Johnson?
    As bowling coach?

Debut
    Jun 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by szundercover View Post
    According to espn cricinfo David warner has refused to play psl, wonder why he did that? If Steve smith can play then why not David warner?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boi View Post
    He might not be willing to travel to Pakistan? Have they added that clause in the contracts I don’t know?
    Big Bash runs until February 17th.

PSL is February 14th to March 17th.

IPL Begins March 29th.

Probably just wanted to take a break in between.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackShadow View Post
    Would a franchise actually go for Smith given the recent scandal? Smith and Warner have already been banned in the IPL, and I was hoping that PSL do the same.
    They played in the Canada League, Windies League, and will play in the next IPL.

Quote Originally Posted by ARK Rafay View Post
    Nice to see some big players stepping up. Wished Warner could join the list too.

Now I will be very angry if the same repetitive thing happens that all star players back off when it's time to come to Pakistan. Sethi better takes care of this situation now. If they are willing to come then it's good. Otherwise, leave them. After all, it is Pakistan Super League.
    Sethi? Mani is in charge now.

So best PCB chairman ever couldn't manage to get players of this quality in first three seasons of PSL, but Ehsan Mani managed in his first season. Some people are going to have sleepless nights
    Who are these players? De Villiers and Smith?

So you're going to give credit to Mani for these players retiring / being banned and thus, available to play in the PSL?

Mitchell Johnson?
    Retired from all forms of cricket.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope Martin guptill, Glenn phillips,Dan christan ,Adam milne , Lockie ferguson and Carlos braithwaite will be part of the psl draft cause these players will be free during psl.
    Should try and get Ben Cutting and Morne Morkel aswell. Both will likely be willing to come to Pakistan

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
    As bowling coach?
    I thought he's still playing

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The good thing is that teams are not required to retain a certain percentage of players from particular categories. So even though teams would retain 10 players from the last year, they can retain them from any category. That will definitely make the draft and the pick order more meaningful this year.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
    Should try and get Ben Cutting and Morne Morkel aswell. Both will likely be willing to come to Pakistan
    According to imran ahmed khan morne morkel will not be part of this years psl.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Whats your franchise bro ?
    Islamabad United.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Islamabad United.
    I am with lahore qalandars

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am with lahore qalandars
    I like Lahore. They have made some bad choices with team selection and coaching choices .

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1023 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I think ICC can play a huge role in this regard. It is often the case in IPL that a nobody gets a 9-15 cror deal while a proven match winner in international cricket gets rejected. The worth of a player should estimated through his performance rather than his potential. That will create a system in which some of the rich franchises wouldn’t be able to recruit some of the best talent on a bargain price. If a franchise want to have Chris Gayle and Ab de Villiers, then that franchise, with its limited amount of budget, wouldn’t be able to afford Andre Russell in a same season. That franchise would then be weary of buying a nobody as well as buying too many stars, in essence a perfect balance. In a larger scheme of things, an 8 team league would not be able to sustain 77 top class foreign players in a single season. The other leagues, can then buy the rest of the top class talent. For that to happen, the worth of the players would also be required to be proportionate to the league’s total value. So for example, if the IPL is worth RS 500 crore, then a top class player, according to his past performances, should be sold at a 0.4 percentage of the league’s worth. That would remain constant for all leagues, meaning that a top performer, but an IPL reject would get 0.4 percentage of the total worth of a league like PSL, CPL, BPL, Big Bash etc. Proportionate pay regulation can significantly change the market dynamics of league cricket. But this can only work if there is a universal cap on how many maximum amount of teams and players per team, a league is allowed to have. Knowing the impotence of ICC, this will never happen.
    There are probably too many variables for this to be implemented. The ICC should start by limiting T20 leagues to a 3 months window.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    I like Lahore. They have made some bad choices with team selection and coaching choices .
    Exactly! For me Islamabad united has the best team management of the entire psl.They always start poorly and in the end they just click on the right moments and win you trophies

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Exactly! For me Islamabad united has the best team management of the entire psl.They always start poorly and in the end they just click on the right moments and win you trophies
    But their colours are really horrible. The give me migraines.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But their colours are really horrible. The give me migraines.
    Their first season jersey was quite decent though..

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Their first season jersey was quite decent though..
    I don’t see anything wrong with the design. I just can’t stand the colours.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People won't be queuing up in T20s to watch Smith, getting Warner would have been much better.
    Last edited by DeadBall; 5th October 2018 at 01:32.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Venue
    Pune Maharashtra
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So best PCB chairman ever couldn't manage to get players of this quality in first three seasons of PSL, but Ehsan Mani managed in his first season. Some people are going to have sleepless nights
    Smith playing bcoz of ban
    And AB after retirement..

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys this is not the final platinum list of players... a few more players for platinum category will be announced soon according to Imran Ahmed khan..

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy De zorzi from South Africa who is playing in Abu dhabi t 2o for the Titans is one heck of a talent....He should be selected by one of the franchises for this years PSL.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    What abt Mourne Morkel? If he was to be there surely he would have been in platinum instead of Mitchel Mcclenaghan.
    Opted out for personal reasons, moving countries with his family or something like that

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1935 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Lahore October 11: Batsman Ahmad Shehzad's name has now been added to the PSL pool of players. He is placed in the Gold category.
    Ahmad played for Multan Sultans last year and is currently placed on their roster. Multan can retain, trade or release him back into the Draft pool.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1935 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

Pakistan Super League (PSL) Player Draft 2018 to take place in Islamabad on 20th November

Lahore October 11: The much-awaited Pakistan Super League Player Draft 2018 will take place on Tuesday, November 20 in Islamabad. The Player Draft has been moved out of Lahore in a bid to make more cities part of PSL activities.

Following the PSL final in Karachi this year, there are a total of eight games scheduled to take place in Pakistan (Karachi and Lahore), Islamabad is set to be the second city in Pakistan after Lahore to host the PSL Player Draft.

In the lead up to this year’s Draft, all six teams will finalize their player retentions by November 13. The trade window will close a day earlier on November 12. As per the rules for this season, each team can retain a maximum of 10 players.

This season’s pool of top-tier player roster includes foreign stars such as AB de Villiers, Steve Smith, Kieron Pollard, Colin Munro, Shane Watson, Sunil Narine, Chris Lynn and Daren Sammy.

This galaxy of foreign stars will team up with Pakistan’s leading talent including the likes of national skipper Sarfaraz Ahmed, Shahid Afridi, Shoaib Malik, Mohammad Hafeez, Faheem Ashraf, Shadab Khan, Hasan Ali and Fakhar Zaman.

Players who took part in last year’s season can be retained, traded or released back into the Draft pool.

Pakistan Super League returns to action on February 14, 2019.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excited for this!

As usual, won't be supporting any team but will look forward to the draft and the league itself.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was scheduled for last week of October, now moved to November
    The wait continues

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will the picks play in Pk?

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to the PSL 2019!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Sohail Tanvir will reportedly play for QG next season.

4th season, 4th team for him if true.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

The Parthiv Patel of the PSL

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am liking QG less and less.

IU and LQ tend to be the ones who give youngsters a chance.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    I am liking QG less and less.

IU and LQ tend to be the ones who give youngsters a chance.
    I shudder to imagine the pace trio of Sohail Tanvir, Anwar Ali and Rahat Ali. Bravo.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I shudder to imagine the pace trio of Sohail Tanvir, Anwar Ali and Rahat Ali. Bravo.
    In the first two seasons people rooted for them because they were underdogs and had a good balance of youth and experience.

Unfortunately the owner/coaching staff now seem more keen on TTFs rather than youth investment.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sohail Tanvir at QG. LOL. Quetta can do so much better.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    In the first two seasons people rooted for them because they were underdogs and had a good balance of youth and experience.

Unfortunately the owner/coaching staff now seem more keen on TTFs rather than youth investment.
    I think we can reserve that judgment for the time being. Right now we don’t know the complete outlook of QG. We can only judge them after the draft. But I agree that signs aren’t looking good.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reckon Amir will end up at Quetta aswell

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedz View Post
    I reckon Amir will end up at Quetta aswell
    It makes sense for him to join QG. What doesn’t make sense is KK releasing him. KK had enough trust in him to make him the captain of their side.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It makes sense for him to join QG. What doesn’t make sense is KK releasing him. KK had enough trust in him to make him the captain of their side.
    It’s more down to the PSL rules and which players they prefer
    Can retain a maximum of 2 local players or 2 overseas players in the Platinum round

Afridi will stay because he’s president and then it’s between Amir and Babar, pretty sure Mickey won’t let go of Babar and for this reason Amir will go.
    Then their 3rd retention will probably be Colin Ingram

As for Quetta, they then have the option to pick him, or to guarantee a move, Trade beforehand

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It’s more down to the PSL rules and which players they prefer
    Can retain a maximum of 2 local players or 2 overseas players in the Platinum round

Afridi will stay because he’s president and then it’s between Amir and Babar, pretty sure Mickey won’t let go of Babar and for this reason Amir will go.
    Then their 3rd retention will probably be Colin Ingram

As for Quetta, they then have the option to pick him, or to guarantee a move, Trade beforehand
    The management of KK is ******** if they are retaining Afridi over Amir. Afridi can be used as a mentor but his playing days are over. Plus, this year, they have the luxury of retaining all three platinum players although they would be left without an option of picking a foreign player in platinum category. But why waste a foreign player pick just to retain a retired Afridi? Now I know that Amir isn’t in the best of forms but Afridi is worst.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Don't forget their captain who loves his friends ie Asad,Nawaz,ramiz,answer etc . Can't believe they didn't give saud a game thanks to ramiz and Asad (been a failure all 3 years), but since he's captain friend he can play. But it's the owner/coaching staff who pick the team while the captain of Pakistan team has no power.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The management of KK is ******** if they are retaining Afridi over Amir. Afridi can be used as a mentor but his playing days are over. Plus, this year, they have the luxury of retaining all three platinum players although they would be left without an option of picking a foreign player in platinum category. But why waste a foreign player pick just to retain a retired Afridi? Now I know that Amir isn’t in the best of forms but Afridi is worst.

No the rules are you can retain a maximum of 2 either way, to fit a 2:1 ratio
    So either 2 local 1 overseas, or 2 overseas 1 local

So that’s why I see them retaining the players mentioned above

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ok. So why retain Afridi at all?

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If that is the case, then releasing Amir will only make sense if they exchange him for a pick in the platinum category. Two platinum category players in QG were Watson and KP last year. KP retired and exchanging Amir for Watson means that they’ll either let go of Afridi or Babar. Since the management doesn’t want to let go of Babar or Afridi, then the only move for them is to exchange Amir for either a combination of lower category pick + a lower category player, or just a platinum pick. I would take the last option.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok. So why retain Afridi at all?
    I personally wouldn’t, but as he’s the teams president he more or less will
    Unless Afridi himself takes the sensible step (Afridi and sensible lool) and lowers his category to diamond or even better ,given his current form and recurring injuries, retire.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If that is the case, then releasing Amir will only make sense if they exchange him for a pick in the platinum category. Two platinum category players in QG were Watson and KP last year. KP retired and exchanging Amir for Watson means that they’ll either let go of Afridi or Babar. Since the management doesn’t want to let go of Babar or Afridi, then the only move for them is to exchange Amir for either a combination of lower category pick + a lower category player, or just a platinum pick. I would take the last option.
    It works a number of ways, either KK release him and then Quetta is up against the rest of the franchises to secure his services, which is a gamble
    Otherwise the ways you have stated are likely, Player switch is highly unlikely (though I doubt Quetta will retain him either), but can swap draft positions whether that’s in platinum category or silver is upto the franchises to agree upon

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It works a number of ways, either KK release him and then Quetta is up against the rest of the franchises to secure his services, which is a gamble
    Otherwise the ways you have stated are likely, Player switch is highly unlikely (though I doubt Quetta will retain him either), but can swap draft positions whether that’s in platinum category or silver is upto the franchises to agree upon
    Swapping draft picks is the most likely option with the trading of Amir.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any Bets for who will pick Ahmed Shehzad?

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensiblepakfan View Post
    any bets for who will pick ahmed shehzad?
    lq.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Seasoned All-rounder Sohail Tanvir to represent Quetta in PSL 2019

Lahore October 16:

The first big trade of this year's Pakistan Super League (PSL) trade window is now official with experienced left-arm pacer and useful low order batsman Sohail Tanvir moving from Multan Sultans to Quetta Gladiators.

As a result of this trade, the Gladiators have given up their Diamond round pick to Multan Sultans who will now have the second and third picks in the first Diamond round of the PSL Player Draft this year.

Tanvir, a global T20 specialist, brings a wealth of experience to the Gladiators squad with 301 wickets in 293 T20 matches.

"I am very excited that I am joining the Quetta Gladiators family," said Sohail Tanvir. "I look forward to this next chapter in my playing career and I hope to play a pivotal role for the franchise in the upcoming season."

Gladiators' owner Nadeem Omar welcomed the seasoned campaigner to his team. "Sohail Tanvir is a versatile T20 cricketer and he brings invaluable experience to the Gladiators camp. All of us at the franchise welcome Sohail to the team and we look forward to his contributions in the next season."

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lahore October 16:

The first big trade of this year's Pakistan Super League (PSL) trade window is now official with experienced left-arm pacer and useful low order batsman Sohail Tanvir moving from Multan Sultans to Quetta Gladiators.

As a result of this trade, the Gladiators have given up their Diamond round pick to Multan Sultans who will now have the second and third picks in the first Diamond round of the PSL Player Draft this year.

Tanvir, a global T20 specialist, brings a wealth of experience to the Gladiators squad with 301 wickets in 293 T20 matches.

"I am very excited that I am joining the Quetta Gladiators family," said Sohail Tanvir. "I look forward to this next chapter in my playing career and I hope to play a pivotal role for the franchise in the upcoming season."

Gladiators' owner Nadeem Omar welcomed the seasoned campaigner to his team. "Sohail Tanvir is a versatile T20 cricketer and he brings invaluable experience to the Gladiators camp. All of us at the franchise welcome Sohail to the team and we look forward to his contributions in the next season."
    Seriously, why?

MS must be laughing.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lahore October 16:

All-rounder?

So 4 teams in 4 seasons for him.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Seriously, why?

MS must be laughing.
    'Seasoned all-rounder'

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He is Mr Domestic T20 cricketer

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1935 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Lahore October 11: The much-awaited Pakistan Super League Player Draft 2018 will take place on Tuesday, November 20 in Islamabad. The Player Draft has been moved out of Lahore in a bid to make more cities part of PSL activities.

Following the PSL final in Karachi this year, there are a total of eight games scheduled to take place in Pakistan (Karachi and Lahore), Islamabad is set to be the second city in Pakistan after Lahore to host the PSL Player Draft.

In the lead up to this year’s Draft, all six teams will finalize their player retentions by November 13. The trade window will close a day earlier on November 12. As per the rules for this season, each team can retain a maximum of 10 players.

This season’s pool of top-tier player roster includes foreign stars such as AB de Villiers, Steve Smith, Kieron Pollard, Colin Munro, Shane Watson, Sunil Narine, Chris Lynn and Daren Sammy.

This galaxy of foreign stars will team up with Pakistan’s leading talent including the likes of national skipper Sarfaraz Ahmed, Shahid Afridi, Shoaib Malik, Mohammad Hafeez, Faheem Ashraf, Shadab Khan, Hasan Ali and Fakhar Zaman.

Players who took part in last year’s season can be retained, traded or released back into the Draft pool.

Pakistan Super League returns to action on February 14, 2019.
    Name:  WhatsApp Image 2018-11-19 at 13.54.38.jpg
Views: 766
Size:  41.8 KB

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1935 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    HBL PSL Player Draft: Sixth Team Selection Panel Unveiled

Lahore, 19 November: The selection for the Sixth Team at the HBL PSL Player Draft 2018 will be conducted by a panel comprising essential staff of the team.

The panel, headed by team manager Nadeem Khan, includes the following:

1. Nadeem Khan, Team Manager & Head of Panel
    2. Shoaib Malik, Captain
    3. Faisal Mirza (Consultant)
    4. Haider Azhar (Consultant)
    5. Johan Botha (via telephone / video link)
    6. Abdul Rehman (via telephone / video link where possible)

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Foreign stars look forward to HBL PSL 2019

Lahore, 10 February 2019:

The popularity of the HBL Pakistan Super League’s is growing fast among overseas players. In the fourth edition of the tournament, starting from February 14 in Dubai, at least, 40 foreign players will be traveling to the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Pakistan to entertain the cricket loving crowd.

Among new faces, the South Africa legend AB de Villiers, who holds the record for the fastest ODI century and half-century, is the biggest draw this season along with New Zealand’s Colin Munro, who has the highest strike-rate in T20 Internationals.

Sandeep Lamichhane, a rising leg-spinner from Nepal, will also be making his maiden appearance in the HBL PSL this season whereas the ICC World T20 2016 hero Carlos Brathwaite is also set to make his tournament debut.

As has been the case in the short history of HBL PSL, the largest contingent of overseas talent is coming from England with 12 players, followed by West Indies (eight), Australia (six), South Africa (five), New Zealand (four), Zimbabwe (two) and, Nepal and Wales (one each).

In this article, we find how some of the overseas stars are feeling ahead of the fourth HBL PSL.

Kieron Pollard (Peshawar Zalmi)

Kieron Pollard, the most capped T20 player of all-time, has moved to Peshawar Zalmi for the fourth HBL PSL. He played the last two seasons for Karachi Kings and Multan Sultans, respectively, and has an overall experience of 445 T20 matches.

The Trinidad all-rounder will be coming in the tournament at the back of a fine form. As recently as August last year, he scored the first century of his T20 career and in the past 12 months has amassed 857 runs at a strike-rate close to 140.00.

"The experience of playing the HBL PSL has been great so far and I love being a part of this tournament,” said Pollard.

“The HBL PSL 2019 promises to be even more exciting. I can’t wait to share the field with guys like Daren Sammy, Misbah-ul-Haq, Wahab Riaz, Chris Jordan and Hasan Ali.

“To add to this, each year HBL PSL offers an electrifying atmosphere and buzz from the grand opening ceremony till the last match. The fans are in for an extremely exciting journey this year and I can't wait to live this experience with them,” he concluded.

Colin Munro (Karachi Kings)

Colin Munro, the swashbuckling opening batsman from New Zealand, was part of the Karachi Kings squad last year as well, but could not play due to national commitments. He will make his debut in Pakistan’s premier T20 tournament this season.

Munro is known for his hard-hitting at the start of the innings. He is one of the only two batsmen in the world – the other being Rohit Sharma - to score three centuries in T20Is and has the highest strike-rate (161.13) for any batsman with at least 1,000 runs in the format.

Looking ahead to his PSH debut, Munro said: “I have heard great things about the experience of playing in front of packed houses in Pakistan and I think that is something I am really looking forward to at this year's HBL PSL.

“To be able to experience the love that these people have to offer and to see first-hand what this beautiful game of cricket means to the people of Pakistan, I feel that is going to be a very gratifying experience for me as a cricketer.”

Shane Watson (Quetta Gladiators)

Shane Watson, the Australia, all-rounder Shane Watson is set to feature in the HBL PSL for the fourth time. He played the first two tournaments for Islamabad United and the last one for Quetta Gladiators. He was one of the players the Gladiators retained before the players draft.

Watson’s importance in HBL PSL can be established from the fact that no overseas batsman has scored more runs (684) or hit more sixes (43) than him in the tournament.

Watson said: “HBL Pakistan Super League has quickly developed as one of the leading T20 tournaments in the world and I have thoroughly enjoyed the extremely competitive cricket that the tournament has to offer. Pakistan has incredible young cricketing talent and these youngsters have an opportunity to learn from some of the best cricketers in the world during HBL PSL.

“I am glad I was able to put in some decent performances for Quetta Gladiators last year. Unfortunately, we couldn't go all the way last season but we have a great squad this year with the likes of Sarfaraz Ahmed, DJ Bravo, Umar Akmal, Sunil Narine, Sohail Tanvir and Mohammad Nawaz. I can't wait to join the guys this season and see what we can achieve together as a team.”

Ian Bell (Islamabad United)

England batsman Ian Bell has been picked by Islamabad United to play HBL PSL for the first time after a stunning season with Birmingham Bears in England’s domestic T20 competition. Bell, with 580 runs at 48.33, was the third highest score in the T20 tournament at home.

He was United’s first pick in the players draft for HBL PSL 2019.

Bell had a memorable tour of Pakistan in 2005 when he scored 315 at an average of 52.16 in a three-Test series and will be looking to relive those moments as Karachi and Lahore are set to host eight matches this season.

“Islamabad United are a champion side and it shows in the fact that we have won twice in the first three seasons of the HBL PSL. I have heard so many great things about the HBL PSL and Islamabad United,” said Bell.

“Pakistan cricket is lucky to have an exciting crop of youngsters including the likes of Shadab Khan, Faheem Ashraf and Rumman Raees and I look forward to sharing the dressing room with these lovely lads. I toured Pakistan back in 2005 when I was at a similar stage in my career.

“Hopefully, I will be able to pass some of what I have learned in these 14 years and, along the way, experience the passion of Pakistani fans once again.”

Daniel Christian (Multan Sultans)

Dan Christian, the Australia all-rounder, will be in action for the first time in HBL PSL after he was picked as a supplementary player by Multan Sultans. Christian scored 185 runs and took 13 wickets for Melbourne Renegades in the Big Bash League in Australia.

He has also played 19 ODIs and 16 T20Is for Australia and is fondly remembered for taking a stunning catch during a T20I series against Pakistan in the UAE in 2012.

“I am sure this experience will come in handy as we try to hit the ground running at this year's HBL PSL. All of these guys are proven match-winners and I hope to have my hands on the trophy with them this March,” said Christian.

“We are a new team but we have some quality experience in our dressing room with the likes of Shahid Afridi, Shoaib Malik, Andre Russell and Mohammad Irfan.”

Corey Anderson (Lahore Qalandars)

Corey Anderson, the New Zealand all-rounder, is set to make his HBL PSL debut this season with Lahore Qalandars, who share special love with the batsmen who can score at brisk pace.

Anderson’s strike-rate in T20s is above 140 and he also holds the record for the second fastest ODI hundred, which he scored off just 36 balls against the Windies in 2014.

The Qalandars will be banking on his experience and power-hitting for better results in this year’s HBL PSL.

“I am very excited that I will make my HBL PSL debut with Lahore Qalandars. Our loyal fans have waited three seasons and supported the team through some low times,” said Anderson.

“We have changed a few things and have a great squad with guys like Mohammad Hafeez, AB de Villiers, Fakhar Zaman, Carlos Brathwaite, Rahat Ali and Sandeep Lamichhane to name a few. I am hoping this can be our year and we can reward the Qalandars fans by lifting the trophy this year.”

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    PSL Karachi fixtures tickets go on sale from 17th

KARACHI: The tickets for the Pakistan Super League (PSL) matches in Karachi will be available online from Feb 17 while foolproof security and shuttle service will be provided to ensure smooth staging of games and large screens will also be set up at 10 venues in the city for the fans to enjoy the matches.

This was stated by Comissioner Karachi Iftikhar Ali Shallwani on Sunday during a visit to the National Stadium to inspect the arrangements and facilities for the upcoming five matches of the T20 competition.

The commissioner, who was informed that the stadium will be completely ready to host the matches by Feb 28, expressed his satisfaction at the progress of work and added that the Sindh government is fully geared up and focussed to host the matches in a safe and exciting manner in Karachi and are putting in its best efforts to bring back international cricket with a bang in the metropolis besides reviving healthy sports and cultural activities for the citizens.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1463051/ps...sale-from-17th

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Find it absolutely pathetic that in this day and age the big markets like UK and Europe, PSL is not still televised in HD where as BPL was televised in HD in the UK and Europe.

The tv broadcasting in 3 years of the PSL has been awful to say the least, also on top why not have it televised in Bangladesh and other countries over India who do not even bother with PSL or anything to do with Pakistan apart from criticising.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    TX
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PSL is televised in HD for USA. So why not others?

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deewana Mastana View Post
    Find it absolutely pathetic that in this day and age the big markets like UK and Europe, PSL is not still televised in HD where as BPL was televised in HD in the UK and Europe.

The tv broadcasting in 3 years of the PSL has been awful to say the least, also on top why not have it televised in Bangladesh and other countries over India who do not even bother with PSL or anything to do with Pakistan apart from criticising.
    Cricket Gateway is HD and ad free too.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cricket Gateway is HD and ad free too.
    I know that but you're missing the point I made in there.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dsports (DiscoverySports) showed it last year in India. I think they will show it this year as well.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaaik View Post
    Dsports (DiscoverySports) showed it last year in India. I think they will show it this year as well.
    You also are missing the point, I did not say that why aren't they showing it in India rather why bother with them and why not televise it in HD in UK and Europe and other places.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You also are missing the point, I did not say that why aren't they showing it in India rather why bother with them and why not televise it in HD in UK and Europe and other places.
    Was just trying to supplement your point...

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Clash of the table-toppers and bottom teams as HBL PSL shifts to Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi, 3 March 2019:

The HBL Pakistan Super League shifts to Abu Dhabi after a two-day rest with table toppers Peshawar Zalmi taking on number-two placed Quetta Gladiators and bottom-placed teams Multan Sultans and Karachi Kings locking horn on Monday.

Peshawar and Quetta are on equal points at 10 from seven matches each, but Peshawar is placed at number-one due to their better net run-rate. Peshawar has a net run-rate of 0.85 as compared to Quetta’s 0.08.

This means the winner of this match will be assured of a place in the play-offs.

Quetta Gladiators were off to a great start, winning their first four games before losing the next two. But on Friday, they thumped Multan Sultans to return to the winning ways.

Peshawar Zalmi clinched a last-ball thriller against Islamabad with Liam Dawson hitting the winning boundary off Mohammad Sami. In that regard, Peshawar has shown remarkable quality of playing well under pressure.

Peshawar will hope their opener Kamran Akmal returns to his best as his only notable score to date has been 49. He did become the first batsman in HBL PSL history to complete 1,000 runs during his 19-run innings against Islamabad, but Peshawar would hope of more from him in the business end of the league.

Quetta have won all their games while chasing and their two losses have come batting first. So, Peshawar would again like to put them into bat after winning the toss. Only one team has batted first after winning the toss in the 22 HBL PSL matches to date.

Kamran’s younger brother, Umar, has also lost his run-scoring form after a bright start to the tournament. But, Quetta also have Shane Watson (226 runs in seven games) and Rilee Rossouw who both give their team solidity at the top and in the middle.

Both Peshawar and Quetta have good pace attacks, Peshawar gets the bits from Hasan Ali (18 wickets in the league so far) and Quetta from Sohail Tanvir who has 12 wickets in seven matches.

The other match on Monday with both the sides striving to stay alive in the tournament.

Both Karachi Kings (seven matches, three wins and four defeats) and Multan Sultans (eight games, six losses and just two wins) need a win badly. Multan will definitely be out if they lose to Karachi, who will still have an outside chance even if they go down.

Multan Sultans have big names in Shoaib Malik – top-scorer in the league with 240 runs in eight matches – and Shahid Afridi.

Malik said his team was not crossing the finishing line.

“Lady Luck has not been with us in this tournament and we are not been able to cross the finish line. So, in the last match, we badly need a win and I am sure the team will give it a best try,” said Malik.

Karachi Kings will also want to win as they would love to reach the play-offs as following Monday’s match, their remaining two matches will be in Karachi. They will hope for a place in the play-offs before a home crowd will inspire them further.

Despite having a good pace attack comprising of Mohammad Amir, Usman Shinwari and Sohail Khan, Karachi have not been able to stop teams from scoring good totals.

Liam Livingstone has been the top performer for Karachi in batting as he is third on the run chart with 227. His innings of 38 set the tone for Karachi’s run-chase of 134 against Lahore in their last game.

Karachi’s Babar Azam also needs to score big after scoring just 19 against Lahore, while Colin Ingram is also in search for runs after his magnificent 127 not out against Quetta in Sharjah.

Upcoming matches:
    4 March (March No.23) – Peshawar Zalmi v Quetta Gladiators, Abu Dhabi (match starts 430pm PST)
    4 March (Match No.24) – Karachi Kings v Multan Sultans, Abu Dhabi (match starts 9pm PST)
    5 March (Match No.25) – Lahore Qalandars v Peshawar Zalmi, Abu Dhabi (match starts 430pm PST)
    5 March (Match No.26) – Islamabad United v Quetta Gladiators, Abu Dhabi (match starts 9pm PST).
    Last edited by Zeeraq; 4th March 2019 at 20:34.

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

International stars can’t wait more to land in Karachi for HBL PSL

Abu Dhabi, 4 March 2019:

Foreign stars hope their tour to Pakistan will be highly enjoyable and successful as they gear up to playing in Karachi in the last phase of HBL Pakistan Super League, which starts at the National Stadium from March 9.

West Indies stars Daren Sammy, Dwayne Bravo and Sir Vivian Richards lead the charge with high hopes to entertain the big-hearted Karachi fans.

“Karachi, guess what ... PSL is coming to you,” said Sammy, who is the most famous foreign player in the HBL PSL “I am super excited to turn up in Karachi. So, my message is: turn up and come out and support. It’s going to be big show.”

Sammy’s former team-mate and double ICC World Twenty20 winner Dwayne Bravo, who is playing for Quetta Gladiators, is also excited to return to Pakistan after a big gap of 13 years.

“It’s a great feeling,” said Bravo. “I am personally looking forward to going back to Pakistan because it’s been a while that I went there,” said Bravo, part of West Indies team to tour Pakistan in 2006.

“I am super excited, we have a big fan following, whether we play in Karachi or Lahore. So, the Gladiators are on their way. I hope all our Quetta fans will support the song I have sung for them and support us.”

Former West India stalwart, Sir Viv Richards, famous as the only genuine blaster, said he always enjoyed touring Pakistan.

“I have always enjoyed going to Pakistan,” said Richards who also toured Pakistan as a player on various occasions.

“I now enjoy it more, especially because the individual now in charge of Pakistan have been a great friend and that is Imran Khan. We have competed against each other many times. I have always enjoyed going to Pakistan,

“Javed Miandad is my best mate there.

“I have lots and lots of fans and to have DJ with us, is great. This means a lot and to just spread the words as we are ambassadors of the game will be awesome.

“This (cricket) is our game and I am sure that it will be highly enjoyable. I am ever so moon, with DJ on the tour with us.”

New Zealand’s Colin Munro will be touring Pakistan for the first time. That makes him even more excited.

“It’s going to be a pretty amazing especially playing in front of a packed crowd,” said Munro, who will be wearing the Karachi Kings kt.

“Obviously, there was not much cricket there of international flavor, so just trying to get over there and put a good show.”

Munro hoped Karachi Kings will make it to the play-offs and he will deliver what is expected of him.

“The HBL PSL has been awesome,” said Munro of his experience. “Personally, I haven’t sort of delivered as per my standards, but as a team, we are getting on the board at the right team and hopefully will finish with a bang and make it to the play-offs at the right time," hoped Munro.

Another Karachi Kings batsman Colin Ingram, who notched the highest individual score of HBL PSL history with 127 not out against Quetta in Sharjah, wants Karachi to play in front of the home fans.

“It was one of those things we missed out last year,” said Munro of Karachi King' loss to Peshawar last year.

“We played well last year but lost the Eliminator in Lahore and didn’t get to play in the home city. We know people are excited and it’s going to be a great moment. It’s going to be a great event in Karachi.”

Ingram said the fans make the event a memorable one.

“My message is to enjoy and take the moment. They (Karachi fans) have been desperate for the return of cricket and there has always been challenging circumstances. We look forward and hopefully we play well.”
    Last edited by MenInG; 4th March 2019 at 20:57.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Its been a disastrous PSL for most pak players. Shows how poor ur Faheems, shadabs, fakhars, etc are. Hussain talat cant even get in the team! Star players have been ur samit patels, shane watsons and luke ronchis!!!

Akmals, shezad, wahab have been the best pak players in d tournament. Goes to show how poor the pool of talent is...

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1935 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    I am loving my visit to Pakistan, says first-timer Pollard

Karachi, 8 March 2019:

West Indies master blaster Kieron Pollard had heard a lot of good things about Pakistan and that made him curious to visit the cricket-mad country, which has a rich history and tradition of always welcoming and hospitable to those who visit it.

The 31-year-old had never visited Pakistan, but the Pakistan Cricket Board and Peshawar Zalmi convinced him to have the first taste of the country where people adore the game as well as the players.

“I have heard great things about Pakistan and I am definitely loving my visit since I have landed,” Pollard said “It's my first visit, so it’s a great feeling.”

Pollard, part of Karachi Kings and Multan Sultans (in earlier HBL PSL editions )before joining the yellow storm from Peshawar, said he is being well looked after in the Zalmi camp.

“The (Zalmi) camp has been super-friendly with the management being really supportive. The boys have gelled in almost no time and it was great to have (Darren) Sammy and (Andre) Fletcher in the side as well,” said Pollard

Pollard, a globe-trotter in terms of playing in the various Twenty20 leagues, put the HBL Pakistan Super League among the top events.

“The PSL is always a great experience for me and I definitely rate it as one of the top leagues in the world in terms of competitiveness,” said Pollard. “It has grown into a great asset and most of the players want to become part of this league.”

Pollard said the HBP PSL, like other leagues, is a factory for producing and polishing raw talent.

“Of course, it has since we can see that most of the upcoming talent into the Pakistan cricket team is from the PSL and from the Peshawar Zalmi squad, I believe Sameen Gul and Ibtisam Sheikh are the boys to watch-out for,” said Pollard.

Sameen is a fast rising fast bowler, while Sheikh is a leg-spinner.

“All the youngsters are great, but the upcoming fast bowlers in the PSL have impressed me a lot.”

Name:  813382e4-a3e6-4ccb-b3f0-60d0dcc21964.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  236.7 KB

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1935 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Champions Islamabad face Lahore as HBL PSL resumes in Karachi

Karachi, 8 March 2019:

Defending champions Islamabad United face a tricky situation in their all-important match against Lahore Qalandars in Karachi on Saturday as the HBL Pakistan Super League returns to Pakistan after 26 matches in the United Arab Emirates.

Islamabad – winners of the first edition in 2016 and then again in 2018 – are in an uncertain territory with eight points in nine games, and badly need a win to qualify for the play-offs for which Quetta Gladiators and Peshawar Zalmi have already qualified.

In the case of a loss, the fate of the title-holders will rest on the results of Lahore’s last game against Multan Sultans and the two matches Karachi Kings will play against Peshawar Zalmi and Quetta Gladiators.

Islamabad captain Mohammad Sami showed confidence his team can pull-off a win and qualify for the last stages.

“I think this is the right time to peak,” said Sami on Friday as teams started practicing at the refurbished National Stadium in Karachi.

“Maybe players have not done well in the last few matches, but everyone knows that now is the right time to peak and do well in the knock-out games. So, I hope the players will do well in these matches,” said Sami.

“But one must consider that T20 cricket is tough and a player cannot perform all the time.”

Sami hoped people will come in good numbers to make the HBL PSL matches a big success.

“This is my home town and home ground, and I am happy that all our foreign players are here and it is good for Pakistan cricket,” said Sami. “I am sure the atmosphere will be electric.”

Islamabad United were in a good position until they lost to Peshawar by four wickets, followed by their 43-run defeat against Quetta Gladiators. Both losses have pegged them back.

But, Islamabad can take heart from the fact that they were in a similar situation in 2016 before they won the last two matches, the Eliminator, then the second Qualifier before lifting the silverware.

Lahore are once again in the danger zone, with just six points from their eight games, and have also lost their key batsman AB de Villiers.

The South African maestro injured his back and had to abandon his plans to tour Pakistan for the last two round matches.

A defeat will eliminate them from the league and a similar fate after they ended fifth and last in the first two editions and sixth and last in 2018.

But their captain Fakhar Zaman hoped his team can lift the tempo.

“We know these two matches are very important for us,” said Fakhar. “We are up to the challenge and hope that two wins will take us to the play-offs.”

“We will try to do our best because these are very crucial matches. I am not taking any pressure and captaincy is a challenge for me. I have done it before but not at this big level,” said Fakhar who replaced de Villiers as captain.

Regular captain Mohammad Hafeez was also ruled out after just two matches, having fractured his thumb.

Schedule of upcoming matches:

Saturday, 9 March – Lahore Qalandars v Islamabad United (match starts 7pm PST)
    Sunday, 10 March – Karachi Kings v Quetta Gladiators (match starts 7pm PST)
    Monday, 11 March – Lahore Qalandars v Multan Sultans (match starts 2pm PST); Karachi Kings v Peshawar Zalmi (match starts 7pm PST)
    Wednesday, 13 March – Qualifier (1 v 2) (match starts 7pm PST)
    Thursday, 14 March – Eliminator 1 (3 v 4) (match starts 7pm PST)
    Friday, 15 March – Eliminator 2 (match starts 7pm PST)
    Sunday, 17 March – Final (match starts 7pm PST)

Points table (ahead of Saturday’s matches):

Team Played Won Lost Points NNR
    Quetta Gladiators 9 7 2 14 0.432
    Peshawar Zalmi 9 6 3 12 0.566
    Islamabad United 9 4 5 8 -0.139
    Karachi Kings 8 4 4 8 -0.459
    Lahore Qalandars 8 3 5 6 -0.304
    Multan Sultans 9 2 7 4 -0.145

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Simple but impressive closing ceremony of HBL PSL 2019

Karachi, 17 March 2019:

Curtains fell on the HBL Pakistan Super League 2019 during a simple but impressive and star-filled closing ceremony that was attended by Chief Minister of Sindh, Syed Murad Ali Shah, and Chairman PCB Ehsan Mani.

The ceremony was kept at a low note as spectators, players and officials observed a one-minute silence for all those who lost their lives in the heinous attacks on the mosques on Friday in Christchurch in New Zealand.

The first 26 matches of the HBL PSL season four were played in Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Sharjah in the United Arab Emirates, while the last eight matches were held in Karachi.

The “city of lights”, as Karachi is fondly called, reverberated with songs and chants from the spectators during the week-long spectacle, declared as “the week of cricket festival” by the Sindh government. The theme of these matches was “I love cricket”.

The closing ceremony had light music with famous singer Abrar-ul-Haq, Junoon, Fawad Khan featuring Young Desi, Aima Baig and Shuja Haider and Sahir Ali Bagga performing.

Pakistan Cricket Board chairman Ehsan Mani welcomed the packed 32,000 crowd.

“We are ready for the final,” said Mr Mani. “Around 250,000 people have watched the matches in the stadium in the last week and millions on television.

“One should remember that its cricket which brings happiness.

“We thank the government of Pakistan, our armed forces and government of Sindh for helping us stage these matches.”

Mr Mani thanked all the 39 foreign players who visited Karachi for the final leg of the tournament, saying: “I would like to thank all the foreign players and officials. You have seen for yourself the passion of people here and we hope to see you for all the HBL PSL matches in Pakistan next year,” said Mr Mani.

Sindh Chief Minister, Syed Murad Ali Shah, also vowed to bring international cricket back in Pakistan after the successful staging of the PSL finals for two years.

“Two years ago, I promised that we will bring the PSL matches to Karachi,” said Mr Shah. “Last year, we hosted the final and this year we staged eight matches here.

“I salute the fans of Karachi who despite all problems helped us stage the final.

“The government of Sindh will strive for the return of international cricket in Pakistan and that too will start from Karachi.

“I thank all the foreign players for visiting Karachi and, in the end, I would say whoever wins the final, cricket will be the winner, people of Karachi will be the winner and Pakistan will be the winner,” said Mr Shah.

Former Spain football superstar Carles Puyol, on a football promotion tour of Pakistan, also attended the closing ceremony as a special guest.

“Thank you Pakistan for this amazing welcome,” said Puyol to the packed stadium. “I know people here love cricket, but they also love football.”

Pakistan and Quetta Gladiators captain Sarfaraz Ahmed said the people have sent a clear message to the world.

“I thank the crowd for coming in big numbers,” said Sarfaraz. “People have sent a clear message that Pakistan love cricket and it is safe for cricket.”

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Rawalakot, Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hasnain got picked as replacement of injured Naseem.
    Umer Khan was 21st pick of KK.
    This shows the merit of squad selection by the managements of franchises.