Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surprised that Curran will miss out. I think either Pope/Rashid should have been switched for Stokes.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't have dropped Sam. Adil should have been the one.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Jhansi(uttar pradesh),India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rishabh pant should play tomorrow.
    Last chance for vijay,pujara.
    Bumrah should replace kuldeep.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vijay
    Rahul
    Pujara
    Kohli *
    Rahane
    Ashwin
    Pant +
    Pandya
    Shami
    Ishant
    Bumrah

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India should bring M Siraj, Prithvi Shaw and Agarwal into the team, they aren't extraordinary geniuses but I am sure that they are much better than players currently playing for India

[QUOTE=Mamoon;9742871]Don't see us ascending from 7th/6th in the near future. 5-0 in England and South Africa awaits us, we will be lucky to even draw one match. [/QUOTE]

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Jhansi(uttar pradesh),India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UN talkz View Post
    India should bring M Siraj, Prithvi Shaw and Agarwal into the team, they aren't extraordinary geniuses but I am sure that they are much better than players currently playing for India
    There are rumours of rohit sharma's heroic entry. These young players deserve a chance but selectors are awful.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Indian batters' last chance to keep the series alive.

As @MMHS said in another thread : Indians are over-critical of their bowlers and the batsmen are the prima donnas

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India captain Virat Kohli says he is fit and ready for action ahead of the third Test against England at Trent Bridge, and he is demanding high levels of concentration from his players for the must-win game.

At 2-0 down India must triumph if they are to win the series, and Kohli is hoping that the disappointing showings at Lord's and Edgbaston could bring a new level of focus to his side.

"The only thing that we have spoken about is to focus on what the team requires at all times in this Test match, and when your back is against the wall it’s the time for you not to think of anything else," he said.

"You can’t afford to think of anything else. If you look at it from anther point of view it’s actually a good situation to be in because you literally have no room for thinking about anything else apart from what the team requires in that particular moment, throughout the course of the Test match.

"The only conversation we have had is that the only option is to win this game and nothing else, and you need to show that in your body language and in your intent, the way you prepare for the game, and the way you go about things. It’s all about you feeling positive first. That’s the conversation over the last few days."

Echoing comments made by India head coach Ravi Shastri in the build up to this Test, Kohli also confirmed that any changes to personnel will be decided upon inspection of the pitch and assessment of conditions.

"It depends on what the surface is like. If there’s gonna be enough assistance for the bowlers then the extra batter might come into play, but if not, if the pitch is gonna be quite even for batting and bowling then obviously picking up 20 wickets is going to be the priority. The batsmen will still have to take responsibility and get the runs on the board," he said.

"If you don’t take 20, as I’ve said in the past, you can score as many runs as you want. It’s not about saving one discipline, it’s about one discipline taking care of their job and the other discipline taking care of their’s. But both possibilities are there looking at how exciting or spicy the pitch is gonna be."

He also provided reassurances about his fitness after a back problem. "[I'm] feeling fine, feeling absolutely fine. It’s been an issue that’s been coming on and off again. I got it in 2011 first time and it happens with work-load, the back is such a thing that you don’t know when it’s gonna go.

"All you can do is strengthen the muscles around it and work on it. A bit of strengthening, ample rest, proper rehab gets me back into shape. I’ve had it a couple of times before so it’s not a new devil and I knew how to handle it."

India struggled greatly against England's potent bowling attack in the first two outings and have not acclimatised to batting in English conditions, something that Kohli is keen to amend going into the Trent Bridge Test.

"We have to accept that, playing in these conditions, even if you're past a century, you're still not fully set. You could get an unplayable delivery at any point, which as a batsman you have to gracefully accept. But if you're scared, you will be unable to execute the process. The key is to accept the situation and move on quickly.

"But that doesn't mean that you surrender as soon as you get to the wicket. Because before you get a ball with your name on it, you should have the confidence to be able to score runs.

"Our plan is to get runs as a team, whether that comes from 10 batsmen scoring 30 or a lone batsman scoring 200, it doesn't matter. We have to achieve a team total and if you can contribute even 40-45 runs to that, you should be given credit. That will be the mindset with which we enter this match.

"That approach will ease pressure of personal performance and you will end up respecting the conditions, you won't try things beyond your abilities. We can speak about a lot of things, what matters is how we perform on the field."

Play beings on Saturday 18 August as India seek a win to remain in the running for series victory.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/818712

Thankfully for Indian fans, looks like Kohli will be fit!

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    England teams rarely utilise spin at Trent Bridge. When they have beaten the likes of Australia, India, Pakistan and New Zealand there in the past, it has always been the swing bowlers that cash in first, seam bowling comes second, and spin bowling has been a distinct aside.

It was utterly brutal and undeserved for Curran to be dropped. Rashid should have gone and it should have been an all-pace attack.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    England teams rarely utilise spin at Trent Bridge. When they have beaten the likes of Australia, India, Pakistan and New Zealand there in the past, it has always been the swing bowlers that cash in first, seam bowling comes second, and spin bowling has been a distinct aside.

It was utterly brutal and undeserved for Curran to be dropped. Rashid should have gone and it should have been an all-pace attack.
    Yes, actually I also felt England would go with all-pace attack. The conditions are overcast and Anderson, Broad, Woakes and Curran all are doing well.

Rashid hasn't been much of an utility in the first two tests and he won't be required much in the third one either. Then Curran and Woakes also adds value with the bat. Should have gone with an attack of Anderson/ Broad/ Woakes/ Curran and Stokes being the fifth bowler. Root could do a bit of spin if required.

More so, the depth in batting will be advantage as well with Woakes at 8 and Curran at 9. Rashid is decent with bat as well but I feel those two are more threatening with bat or atleast have been the case in this series till now.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Yes, actually I also felt England would go with all-pace attack. The conditions are overcast and Anderson, Broad, Woakes and Curran all are doing well.

Rashid hasn't been much of an utility in the first two tests and he won't be required much in the third one either. Then Curran and Woakes also adds value with the bat. Should have gone with an attack of Anderson/ Broad/ Woakes/ Curran and Stokes being the fifth bowler. Root could do a bit of spin if required.

More so, the depth in batting will be advantage as well with Woakes at 8 and Curran at 9. Rashid is decent with bat as well but I feel those two are more threatening with bat or atleast have been the case in this series till now.
    I agree but you also have to look at the run rate fact. Root does not want to get penalised for over rate. Secondly with 5 fast bowlers, the 5th one is going to under bowled anyway. Yes Sam Curran can bat but the last time i checked, Adil Rashid has 10 first class hundreds.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So changes:

1 for England - Stokes in for Curran

3 for India - Jasprit Bumrah in for Kuldeep Yadav, Shikhar Dhawan in for Murali Vijay and Risshabh Pant in for Dinesh Karthik.