Oct 2014
    Venue
    wellington
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I agree with person who said England is the worst test team as they keep loosing on home turf... seriously its a great observation

only fighters rise up from the dust..

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by todfod 11 View Post
    I agree with person who said England is the worst test team as they keep loosing on home turf... seriously its a great observation
    They even lose to the West Indies and Lanka at home.

If we were to lose 5-0 to them I would have wanted them to swim home.

Debut
    May 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagestani_Eagle View Post
    i still feel India may win/draw one test

so 4-0 or 4-1
    I still stand by this

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goodness, I had my heart in my mouth. That was plumb if not for the feather edge.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_outsider View Post
    "IF India do manage a 3-2, then this will be their most competitive away series against a BETTER side in years!"

You were referring to England, right?
    By better side I mean better than playing away series against the likes of Sri Lanka or Bangladesh. So that would be England, Aus, SA and Pak...if India grew a pair and played the latter.

And yes, ENgland are better in England than India, that is quite a no brainer. They have also won a test series in 2016 in SA. India never have.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5-0 England .... little too stiff .... specially after where the Match has ended up today !!!!! Indians may win tomorrow before the end of the day .... very possible !!!!

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I have said, this is not even a strong England side. India should really curse themselves for not being 2-1 ahead in this series rather than being 1-2.

Yes, they lost all tosses but on two of three occassions, they got what they wanted to do.

In a same way, Root must be cursing himself for opting to bowl in this test match, an absolute mess of a toss won.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barah_admi View Post
    By better side I mean better than playing away series against the likes of Sri Lanka or Bangladesh. So that would be England
    Okay. That makes sense.

They have also won a test series in 2016 in SA. India never have.
    SENA teams winning test series in other SENA nations is the same as SC teams beating each other in their own backyards.

India gets mocked for always beating SL. In the last 3 years India have beaten SL in SL in both series.

In the same period the same SL team whitewashed full strength Australian and SA teams.

That's what we see nowadays. Generally, SC teams are competitive in SC countries and SENA teams are competitive in SENA countries.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay. That makes sense.

SENA teams winning test series in other SENA nations is the same as SC teams beating each other in their own backyards.

India gets mocked for always beating SL. In the last 3 years India have beaten SL in SL in both series.

In the same period the same SL team whitewashed full strength Australian and SA teams.

That's what we see nowadays. Generally, SC teams are competitive in SC countries and SENA teams are competitive in SENA countries.
    South Africa has very different conditions to England, the ball never swings as much, the heat is oft more oppressive, at two venues they are very high above sea level so requires a higher level of fitness and the ball itself travels further. On top of all that, the saffers had a better team, and this whole talk of conditions is getting too much. The English outplayed a better side through guts, determination and application.

India have just shown they can do that...for one test. If they can replicate it in two more tests then we can start talking about them as genuine world number ones.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    South Africa has very different conditions to England, the ball never swings as much, the heat is oft more oppressive, at two venues they are very high above sea level so requires a higher level of fitness and the ball itself travels further. On top of all that, the saffers had a better team, and this whole talk of conditions is getting too much. The English outplayed a better side through guts, determination and application.

India have just shown they can do that...for one test. If they can replicate it in two more tests then we can start talking about them as genuine world number ones.
    Sri Lanka doesn't have same conditions either. Ball stays very low in Sri Lanka, whereas India has decent bounce.

SENA is different as they assist pacers. South Africa doesn't too much swing in air but surely has ton of seam movement + bounce. Whereas SC helps spinners. Both seam, swing and bounce fall under pace bowling, so it's SENA. Whereas slow, low and turners are in SC. It's spinner vs pacer conditions, they don't have to be identical.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Gomes View Post
    Sri Lanka doesn't have same conditions either. Ball stays very low in Sri Lanka, whereas India has decent bounce.

SENA is different as they assist pacers. South Africa doesn't too much swing in air but surely has ton of seam movement + bounce. Whereas SC helps spinners. Both seam, swing and bounce fall under pace bowling, so it's SENA. Whereas slow, low and turners are in SC. It's spinner vs pacer conditions, they don't have to be identical.
    My point exactly.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neither this discussion nor this thread is about whether India is a #1 team. Please don't try to deviate from the actual argument with random sensationalist statements.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neither this discussion nor this thread is about whether India is a #1 team. Please don't try to deviate from the actual argument with random sensationalist statements.
    It's not random or sensationalist. It is a mere fact that if India can replicate this performance again and again, then questions about them being deserved number one will stop.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    My condolences.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This might be our only test win here. But atleast we competed hard on the 1st test and we have definitely perform ed much better here than England did last time they were in India

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good thing is, Ashwin, Ishant, Pandya, Bumrah have all got 5 wicket hauls this series.

All bowlers in good touch. Our batsmen have to score enough to give our bowlers a chance.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    This might be our only test win here. But atleast we competed hard on the 1st test and we have definitely perform ed much better here than England did last time they were in India
    I am backing our team to win the next two Tests.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this game is not over yet....looking at the way rashid is batting, i think if they can hang around for the entire 1st session tomorrow, they can draw this as rain is expected to arrive in the 2nd session.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    even if India wins this match, England will easily win the next two matches as they are known for coming back hard on the opponents after losing a match....

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahee View Post
    this game is not over yet....looking at the way rashid is batting, i think if they can hang around for the entire 1st session tomorrow, they can draw this as rain is expected to arrive in the 2nd session.
    If you really believe what you are saying, this is your chance to get very rich. The bookies are offering 100/1 odds for a draw.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    With a bit more luck India would have been 2-1 now.

Congrats on them fighting back.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's not random or sensationalist. It is a mere fact that if India can replicate this performance again and again, then questions about them being deserved number one will stop.
    Very few Indians care that the questions are asked. They ascribe far greater quality to the ICC rankings than the quality of the questioners.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had a long hard week so haven't been on the last couple of days. I was saying on here how people were over reacting so much to India's pasting in the third Test. Fair play to them.