Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4888 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halaribo View Post
    I bet :-p

Is the medical profession not to your liking anymore?

Credit to PTI for stamping down on this. Certain perks can be introduced once the countrt is back on track.
    Civil service has always been my passion. I enjoy what I am doing now, but I will give it up for civil service if I can.

If I do get into civil service, I hope the government will give me the helicopter that Imran Khan is using to commute - the helicopter that costs only 50 rupees per km, which is cheaper than the cars the government provides to civil servants.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4888 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    The PM and the elite using public funds to spend time abroad( NS spent 1/4 of this tenure abroad) or live with 500 servants, have zillion of cars and generally living in luxury and then say to the populace please live simply would have as much crediblity as Showbiz saying i am not a thief.
    Just a small anecdote, i rang a friend on eid who moved back to PK a few years ago and i hinted to him that we can talk until the cows come home but unless people are willing to pay taxes nothing will change, and he told me he will as he believes IK is sincere and the others would have stolen it.
    I agree. However, how credible is the statement by the new Minister of Disinformation, Mr. Fawad Chaudhry? According to him, the helicopter that Imran Khan is using to commute costs 50 rupees per kilometer only. Are being taken for a ride? (pun intended).

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4888 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsha View Post
    Imran Khan himself has said that these things are symbolic and to change the mindset of the country. The luxury cars Nawaz ordered IS a reason of our demise now because of the cost of those cars but the mindset and symbolism. These things matter a lot and they seep through society
    Is the helicopter that costs 50 rupees per km also symbolic? It is cheaper than Uber and Careem. Rora, khpal garday khars ka aur da helicopter wala.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1659 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    I agree. However, how credible is the statement by the new Minister of Disinformation, Mr. Fawad Chaudhry? According to him, the helicopter that Imran Khan is using to commute costs 50 rupees per kilometer only. Are being taken for a ride? (pun intended).
    Yeah he should be like your leader and have fifty car protocol and shut down half the city.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 28th August 2018 at 21:21.

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1659 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Is the helicopter that costs 50 rupees per km also symbolic? It is cheaper than Uber and Careem. Rora, khpal garday khars ka aur da helicopter wala.
    How is Rs 50/km cheaper than Uber and Careem? Do you even know how far a km is?
    Last edited by babajee; 28th August 2018 at 17:42.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1659 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Imran Khan should learn from this protocol on motorway.... Those were the good old days when certain people's family could make a quick buck through corruption

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    But as your (maybe old?) Noora friends created fake news on the death of child, Ch sahib thought he would give them a taste of their own medicine.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Yeah he should be like your leader and have fifty car protocol and shut down half the city.
    Well put. On the day of the big changes to FBR etc this is all Nooras can find.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 28th August 2018 at 21:21.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4888 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    How is Rs 50/km cheaper than Uber and Careem? Do you even know how far a km is?
    Step 1: Google the term "figure of speech".

Step 2: Open your Careem application (assuming that you spend enough time in Pakistan to use Careem here) and check the rate of using Careem Business from Bani Gala to PM Secretariat.

The fare is more or less equal to the cost of the helicopter that Khan saab is using to commute.

Only a fool would prefer the Civics and Corollas of Careem Business to the thrill of traveling in a helicopter. I hope Careem will be procuring these helicopters soon enough.
    Last edited by babajee; 28th August 2018 at 17:43.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4888 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    But as your (maybe old?) Noora friends created fake news on the death of child, Ch sahib thought he would give them a taste of their own medicine.
    So your answer to Fawad Chaudhry's goof up is deflection. Why am I not surprised?

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1659 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Step 2: Open your Careem application (assuming that you spend enough time in Pakistan to use Careem here) and check the rate of using Careem Business from Bani Gala to PM Secretariat.

The fare is more or less equal to the cost of the helicopter that Khan saab is using to commute.

Only a fool would prefer the Civics and Corollas of Careem Business to the thrill of traveling in a helicopter. I hope Careem will be procuring these helicopters soon enough.

Ok I did precisely as you said, the following is the route from PM's Secretariat to Bani Gali. Google Map says the route is about 12 km.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 604
Size:  64.8 KB

Next I looked at the Careem app, unfortunately for you my father wasn't in government service so I cannot come to Pakistan five times a year, but whenever I do come on my haq halal ki kamai I have to use Careem often hence I had the app installed on my phone. The Careem app predicts a maximum cost of Rs. 521 in Careem Business. See screenshot from my phone below:

Name:  Picture.JPG
Views: 599
Size:  50.4 KB

Now since you are a doctor and perhaps your math isn't the best, and me being an engineer math is my bread and butter I'll do the simple division for you. Rs. 521/12km = Rs. 43/km. You said Careem Business costs more than the helicopter ride. Only for a doctor Rs. 43 would be greater than Rs. 50-55

Keep in mind this is the cost that Careem Business is charging for the whole trip including the cost of captain's fees, fuel, car depreciation and their own profit plus taxes.

Like I mentioned in another thread these things are way above your pay grade and you should focus on measuring people's fevers and checking their blood pressure.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    So your answer to Fawad Chaudhry's goof up is deflection. Why am I not surprised?
    Even if it is, its hardly one of any significance. But so far he has been right on what he has said and i have no reason to doubt it.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4888 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Ok I did precisely as you said, the following is the route from PM's Secretariat to Bani Gali. Google Map says the route is about 12 km.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 604
Size:  64.8 KB

Next I looked at the Careem app, unfortunately for you my father wasn't in government service so I cannot come to Pakistan five times a year, but whenever I do come on my haq halal ki kamai I have to use Careem often hence I had the app installed on my phone. The Careem app predicts a maximum cost of Rs. 521 in Careem Business. See screenshot from my phone below:

Name:  Picture.JPG
Views: 599
Size:  50.4 KB

Now since you are a doctor and perhaps your math isn't the best, and me being an engineer math is my bread and butter I'll do the simple division for you. Rs. 521/12km = Rs. 43/km. You said Careem Business costs more than the helicopter ride. Only for a doctor Rs. 43 would be greater than Rs. 50-55

Keep in mind this is the cost that Careem Business is charging for the whole trip including the cost of captain's fees, fuel, car depreciation and their own profit plus taxes.

Like I mentioned in another thread these things are way above your pay grade and you should focus on measuring people's fevers and checking their blood pressure.

Mathematics might be your bread and butter, but it appears that comprehending basic English is not. Please read my last post again - I said Careem Business is "more or less" equal to the cost of this fantasy Suzuki Mehran helicopter.

PKR 43 is "more or less" equal to PKR 50-55. If you do not know what the term "more or less" means, once again, Google is your friend. I do not think I can explain this in simpler English - perhaps I should move to Canada so that I can understand the low level of English that you people use to communicate, but this is the best that I can do for now.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4888 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Even if it is, its hardly one of any significance. But so far he has been right on what he has said and i have no reason to doubt it.
    Hardly of any significance? Really?

PTI has been tooting its horn over how it is going to end VIP culture, but our revolutionary PM is commuting on a helicopter from his house to the PM Secretariat on a daily basis. How is this not hypocrisy?

Why are you defending the Minister of Disinformation for making a complete fool of himself by asserting that it only costs 50 km/hr? He has become the butt of the jokes in the Pakistan and I don't think you should be deflecting the issue. Very disappointing.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1659 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Mathematics might be your bread and butter, but it appears that comprehending basic English is not. Please read my last post again - I said Careem Business is "more or less" equal to the cost of this fantasy Suzuki Mehran helicopter.

PKR 43 is "more or less" equal to PKR 50-55. If you do not know what the term "more or less" means, once again, Google is your friend. I do not think I can explain this in simpler English - perhaps I should move to Canada so that I can understand the low level of English that you people use to communicate, but this is the best that I can do for now.
    Perhaps while picking out my English you forgot your own English and couldn't comprehend this part:

And you wouldn't be able to make it in Canada because here your father doesn't work in government service to get you a nice gig, you will have to start from the bottom.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Hardly of any significance? Really?

PTI has been tooting its horn over how it is going to end VIP culture, but our revolutionary PM is commuting on a helicopter from his house to the PM Secretariat on a daily basis. How is this not hypocrisy?

Why are you defending the Minister of Disinformation for making a complete fool of himself by asserting that it only costs 50 km/hr? He has become the butt of the jokes in the Pakistan and I don't think you should be deflecting the issue. Very disappointing.
    So if you disagree lets see your figures.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Deleted posts which are personal in nature

And no need to insult the PMs wife etc

Losing patience with some here

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The word is GURDAY, not Garday.. Garday means (DUST) , Gurday (Kidneys).
    @Syed1 i think you don't understand pashto. Well Mamoon is suggesting to you that (Sell your kidneys and buy the aforementioned helicopter)

140 characters from Lala's keyboard, it’s as if he’s launched 140 nuclear missiles on India.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Another 30 cars convoy in Quetta & airport road closed

After Buzdar using 17 cars convoy in Pakpattan.

Not good impression. Media is burning PTI alive .
    Last edited by shah_1; 29th August 2018 at 12:21.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good idea to use helicopter and not shut half the city everyday!!

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Media will always be anti government. That's how they make there money as controversies attract viewers. Of course there will always be some channels that will go against the grain and be pro government (such as geo in PMLN era) to brand themselves differently.

Misbah, Wahab, Junaid, Root, Williamson fan.
    T20 isn't Cricket

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    Another 30 cars convoy in Quetta & airport road closed

After Buzdar using 17 cars convoy in Pakpattan.

Not good impression. Media is burning PTI alive .
    Good, atleast they're paying attention to it. Rather have PTI pulled up for alleged hypocrisy than this sort of thing go unchallenged. It's something which will eventually be put to right as soon as proper legislation is formed for what constitutes a proper awam friendly protocol. PTI shouldn't shirk away from this, what they're embarrassed by for a few days now, will ensure this entitlement to live in excess via tax money ends

Obviously there's some sour grapes from the media knowing their days of living lavishly via handouts from the government are over.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asim_khan View Post
    Good, atleast they're paying attention to it. Rather have PTI pulled up for alleged hypocrisy than this sort of thing go unchallenged. It's something which will eventually be put to right as soon as proper legislation is formed for what constitutes a proper awam friendly protocol. PTI shouldn't shirk away from this, what they're embarrassed by for a few days now, will ensure this entitlement to live in excess via tax money ends

Obviously there's some sour grapes from the media knowing their days of living lavishly via handouts from the government are over.
    There should be a legislation for security forces to independently decide the protocol. This will end all the debate.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4888 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermoine Green View Post
    The word is GURDAY, not Garday.. Garday means (DUST) , Gurday (Kidneys).
    @Syed1 i think you don't understand pashto. Well Mamoon is suggesting to you that (Sell your kidneys and buy the aforementioned helicopter)
    Garday = car

I am not talking about kidneys or dust. Considering the mileage of this Suzuki Mehran helicopter, perhaps we should sell our cars and invest in it.

Don’t thank me for the free Pashto lesson.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1659 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Garday = car

I am not talking about kidneys or dust. Considering the mileage of this Suzuki Mehran helicopter, perhaps we should sell our cars and invest in it.

Try and buy the Mehran from haq halal ki kamai

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4888 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Perhaps while picking out my English you forgot your own English and couldn't comprehend this part:

And you wouldn't be able to make it in Canada because here your father doesn't work in government service to get you a nice gig, you will have to start from the bottom.
    And the helicopter costs rupees 50 per km including all of these costs?

What about the salary of the pilot, the depreciation and the high maintenance? I hope you do know that maintenance costs of a helicopter is a lot more than that of a car.

However, in spite of all of this, we have to accept the verdict of the Minister of Disinformation that it costs only 50 rupees per km to use a helicopter.

Welcome to Naya Pakistan, ladies and gentlemen.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4888 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    PM Imran’s helicopter trips cost ‘much more’ than being claimed: report

Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry, while speaking to a local television channel, defended the PTI chief’s use of the helicopter by saying that “the average cost is about Rs50-55 per km”.

According to BBC Urdu, the cost of the trip is in stark contrast to Chaudhry’s claim.

The distance between the former cricketer’s residence in Bani Gala and the PM Secretariat is 15 kilometres. In aviation terms, this comes down to 8 nautical miles.

The government owns seven helicopters of the same kind, with two at the prime minister’s disposal. Rs16,000 is the amount spent on travelling one nautical mile.

If you multiply this by eight, it adds up to Rs128,000. Even if the cost of fuel and the country’s currency valuation is not taken into account from April, the cost is much higher than the amount stated by Chaudhry.

A senior police official, who is a privy to PM Imran’s security said that “security officials are stationed along the route from the secretariat to Bani Gala while security is also placed in the helicopter’s route”.

Hence, the cost is not even close to Rs55 as it has been claimed.
    https://tribune.com.pk/story/1789927...laimed-report/

@Syed1 @Bewal Express

I am sorry I did not know that BBC was on Noonie payroll as well.

#austerity
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 29th August 2018 at 15:34.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1659 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    And the helicopter costs rupees 50 per km including all of these costs?

What about the salary of the pilot, the depreciation and the high maintenance? I hope you do know that maintenance costs of a helicopter is a lot more than that of a car.

However, in spite of all of this, we have to accept the verdict of the Minister of Disinformation that it costs only 50 rupees per km to use a helicopter.

Welcome to Naya Pakistan, ladies and gentlemen.
    I can understand where you are coming from... not a lot of scope for corruption in Naya Pakistan

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    PM Imran’s helicopter trips cost ‘much more’ than being claimed: report

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1789927...laimed-report/

@Syed1 @Bewal Express

I am sorry I did not know that BBC was on Noonie payroll as well.

#austerity
    So far we have seen so many figures banded about. So which one is right ? Can you please give me your figure? And btw didnt you spend hours defending NS and his treatment in London, did you feel he was right to seek treatment abroad, you also spent hours defending his right to use PIA planes which cost 2.5 crore for one journey, do you feel guilty for defending him.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Is this austerity drive similar to that of the Tories?

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrez Pakistani View Post
    Is this austerity drive similar to that of the Tories?
    Yes almost exactly like that. Except the Tories targeted the poorest materially whilst Imran Khan has his sights set on the poorest morally

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Garday = car

In which PASHTO car is called as Garday? From what i know it's called Garay

Don't thank me for the free real Pashto lesson, not gulabi pashto which you are using here.

140 characters from Lala's keyboard, it’s as if he’s launched 140 nuclear missiles on India.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4888 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)

Don't thank me for the free real Pashto lesson, not gulabi pashto which you are using here.
    It is pronounced without the D, but while writing in pashto-english, it is important to write it with the D to differentiate it from a watch which is called garay or garai.

Once again, please don’t thank me for the free Pashto lesson. However, I am willing to give you further lessons if needed.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1659 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It is pronounced without the D, but while writing in pashto-english, it is important to write it with the D to differentiate it from a watch which is called garay or garai.

Once again, please don’t thank me for the free Pashto lesson. However, I am willing to give you further lessons if needed.
    So let me get this straight Mamoon cannot even correctly speak in his mother tongue of pashto and he was making fun of my english. @Hermoine Green

Allah al-haq hai

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It depends on the Pashto dialect to be fair. You wont hear "gaaray" in/around Banu.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So let me get this straight Mamoon cannot even correctly speak in his mother tongue of pashto and he was making fun of my english. @Hermoine Green

Allah al-haq hai

Mamoon becomes a bit illogical at times with his hipster "I must go against the trend" agenda but he didn't say the Pashto word wrong there.

It's like in Urdu how we sometimes write "kichdi" instead of "kichree"

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Automation of processes at govt departments to help PTI implement austerity measures

Following Prime Minister Imran Khan’s directive to reduce government spending, an IT firm has stepped forward and announced that it is working with the government to automate all necessary departments and their operations.

This proposed automation will help the government departments to work towards a paperless ecosystem and automate their required processes, read a statement issued by mobile app development company A2Z Creatorz.

Commenting on the development, CEO A2Z Creatorz Muhammad Zohaib Khan said, “We are very positive about the plans of the PTI government and find tremendous hope in the alliances that information technology will bring towards the achievement of those plans. This will lead to the positive image and transparency in public offices of Pakistan that is so desperately needed.”

The automation and digitization of all government procedures, payments and tax collection remain one of the primary objectives of all federal and provincial governments for achieving complete e-governance.

Earlier this year, the National Bank of Pakistan (NBP) had signed an agreement with the Excise, Taxation and Anti-Narcotics Department, Balochistan for automation of tax collection system across the province.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1430361/au...erity-measures

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Automation & digitisation of payments/tax collection?

What a hypocrite Imran Khan is, he said he wasn't gonna do any political victimisation in his winning speech but here he is ending the profession of all Patwari, the very heart of PMLN.

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Imran Khan Niazi is Selected PM of Pakistan who is subservient of GHQ & Political wing of ISI.

Just over a month that he is PM and as expected 17 U turns of PTI government.

1. 16 U turns evidence : https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/370...ops-in-30-days

2. 17th U turn is Radio Pakistan fiasco where IK wanted to hand over Radio Pakistan’s building to Biggest Media Group ally of ISI ie ARY network for the immense Boot Polishing of last 5 years.

3. Austerity drive from cars to buffalows to Helicopter ride of 55 rupees has made mockery of Pakistan at International stage.

Advertisement of Cars only costed 8 Crore rupees. (Tax money of Pakistanis)

8 Crore loss only in advertising some horrible state cars and expected revenue is 500 times less than IK’s expectations.

Now look at Buffalo Austerity Drive.

Shambolic government run by most Musharaf’s (military dictator) team members.

@Mamoon @Slim @DW44 @inziLegend @saadibaba @Moiza

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Imran Khan overseas worshippers read this. You Patriots only less than 1 % overseas voters registered for voting. Shameeeee.

And you ppl drive IK’s campaign on Internet :-)

99 % overseas Pakistanis did not register for voting �� . Psycopath CJ of SC is Chandanomic sufferer aswell.

Pakistan's austerity car auction falls short, new PM Khan commutes by helicopter
    Asif Shahzad
    5 MIN READ
    ISLAMABAD (Reuters) - Lower-than-expected sales in an auction of Pakistani government vehicles have dealt another early setback to new Prime Minister Imran Khan’s populist vow to raise quick revenues through cost-cutting, a campaign that has drawn both praise and ridicule.

People visit an auction of government owned used cars at the premises of Prime Minister House in Islamabad, Pakistan September 17, 2018. REUTERS/Faisal Mahmood
    The auction on Monday raised about 200 million rupees ($1.6 million), government official Mohammad Asif told local Geo TV. That is just one-tenth of the amount he had predicted, and only 61 of just over 100 vehicles were sold.

The event had been billed as part of Khan’s drive to give “the nation’s wealth to its rightful owners”. Critics say most of the measures so far are more symbolism than significant savings.

SPONSORED

Former cricket star Khan, 65, took office last month after an election campaign in which he railed against what he denounced as corruption and waste by the two main political parties that ruled for than 50 years in between periods of military rule.

Khan promised to cut costs, including trimming motorcades of government officials and selling public land.

“It is a change of mindset,” he said in a speech on Friday. “I will be counting every single rupee I have to spend on me.”

Khan’s campaign, however, has been somewhat undercut by his near-daily helicopter commute from his home in the hills surrounding Islamabad.

Critics say the cost-cutting so far has been mostly cosmetic. “There is nothing new in the current austerity drive,” said political commentator Raza Rumi.

Auctions of aging government vehicles, for example, have taken place for years, with less publicity.

Nearly three-quarters of the 101 vehicles on offer on Monday were more than 10 years old. Two were 32-year-old Toyota Corollas.

And the total sales indicated little interest for the event’s showcase items - bullet-proof Mercedes estimated at about $1.5 million each.

A man writes down the details of a government owned car on sale during an auction at the premises of Prime Minister's House in Islamabad, Pakistan September 17, 2018. REUTERS/Faisal Mahmood
    IDEAS

The auction revenue is dwarfed by the government’s fiscal deficit, projected this year for 1.7 trillion rupees.

However, information minister, Fawad Chaudhry, said even symbolic steps were important for building national unity and small savings could add up.

“If you try to see its effect on the GDP, it is small, but in numbers, it is not small,” Chaudhry told Reuters.

A woman with her child visits an auction of government owned used cars at the premisess of Prime Minister House in Islamabad, Pakistan September 17, 2018. REUTERS/Faisal Mahmood
    Pakistan is likely to soon face painful conditions for foreign financing - possibly an International Monetary Fund bailout - to address dwindling foreign currency reserves and a ballooning current account deficit.

Still, reaction to the new government’s austerity drive has been mixed.

When Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi announced he would not fly first class, only business class, while abroad, many pointed out this was already the case under the previous government for most trips.

Other early ideas - to cut some 500 staff from Prime Minister House and establish a six-day work week for civil servants - were shelved as unworkable.

HELICOPTER OPTICS

In particular, Khan has been mocked for taking a helicopter into Islamabad most days, after declaring he would eschew luxury perks.

Information Minister Chaudhry argued that the helicopter uses less fuel than a motorcade, saying at one point it cost only 50 rupees (40 cents) per kilometer.

That calculation provoked ridicule.

“Why don’t you stop metro bus service and instead let people enjoy the cheap helicopter rides?” quipped a TV host.

In fact, Khan’s helicopter costs about 200,000 rupees ($1,633) per hour factoring in fuel, crew, maintenance and inspections, Syed Naseem Ahmad, president of the Society of Air Safety Investigation Pakistan told Reuters.

Optics aside, analysts say Pakistan will have to take more painful policy cuts in government spending to truly reduce the deficit. The new government on Monday did raise gas prices by 10 to 20 percent.

A further indication of a wider austerity policy is likely to come on Tuesday, when Finance Minister Asad Umar announces revisions to the budget.

SPONSORED

There were about 500 attendees at Monday’s auction and some were happy to take the vehicles off the government’s hands.

Nawab Gul bought a 2005 Toyota Altas for 1.25 million rupees ($10,000).

“They are saying the national coffers are empty. So, here, have my two cents,” Gul said.

Reporting by Asif Shahzad; Writing by Kay Johnson; Editing by David Stamp and Neil Fullick
    Our Standards:The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-i...-idUSKCN1M900U

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    PTI waalas stop lying and deceiving people online. Die heart overseas Pakistanis esp Youthias only 1% registered for By Elections Voting :-) Shallow waters.

@Mamoon @srh @DW44
    Facts and figures prove reality.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    @Bewal Express :-)

I have posted some deserving “ halwa “ for you in post 120, 121 & 122 for you. Enjoy and have a nice weekend

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    @TalentSpotterPk

You need to stop embarrassing yourself man, or you're gonna end up disappearing for another few months

“It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.”
    ― Imran Khan

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    @Bewal Express :-)

I have posted some deserving “ halwa “ for you in post 120, 121 & 122 for you. Enjoy and have a nice weekend
    You humiliation is complete- your Nooras passed resolutions against Atif Mian so stop embarrassing yourself.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    PTI waalas stop lying and deceiving people online. Die heart overseas Pakistanis esp Youthias only 1% registered for By Elections Voting :-) Shallow waters.

@Mamoon @srh @DW44
    Wow! And you don’t think it has anything to do with the elections being over where we whipped your Noora butts

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Imran Khan overseas worshippers read this. You Patriots only less than 1 % overseas voters registered for voting. Shameeeee.

99 % overseas Pakistanis did not register for voting �� . Psycopath CJ of SC is Chandanomic sufferer aswell.

Pakistan's austerity car auction falls short, new PM Khan commutes by helicopter
    Asif Shahzad
    5 MIN READ
    ISLAMABAD (Reuters) - Lower-than-expected sales in an auction of Pakistani government vehicles have dealt another early setback to new Prime Minister Imran Khan’s populist vow to raise quick revenues through cost-cutting, a campaign that has drawn both praise and ridicule.

People visit an auction of government owned used cars at the premises of Prime Minister House in Islamabad, Pakistan September 17, 2018. REUTERS/Faisal Mahmood
    The auction on Monday raised about 200 million rupees ($1.6 million), government official Mohammad Asif told local Geo TV. That is just one-tenth of the amount he had predicted, and only 61 of just over 100 vehicles were sold.

The event had been billed as part of Khan’s drive to give “the nation’s wealth to its rightful owners”. Critics say most of the measures so far are more symbolism than significant savings.

SPONSORED

Former cricket star Khan, 65, took office last month after an election campaign in which he railed against what he denounced as corruption and waste by the two main political parties that ruled for than 50 years in between periods of military rule.

Khan promised to cut costs, including trimming motorcades of government officials and selling public land.

“It is a change of mindset,” he said in a speech on Friday. “I will be counting every single rupee I have to spend on me.”

Khan’s campaign, however, has been somewhat undercut by his near-daily helicopter commute from his home in the hills surrounding Islamabad.

Critics say the cost-cutting so far has been mostly cosmetic. “There is nothing new in the current austerity drive,” said political commentator Raza Rumi.

Auctions of aging government vehicles, for example, have taken place for years, with less publicity.

Nearly three-quarters of the 101 vehicles on offer on Monday were more than 10 years old. Two were 32-year-old Toyota Corollas.

And the total sales indicated little interest for the event’s showcase items - bullet-proof Mercedes estimated at about $1.5 million each.

A man writes down the details of a government owned car on sale during an auction at the premises of Prime Minister's House in Islamabad, Pakistan September 17, 2018. REUTERS/Faisal Mahmood
    IDEAS

The auction revenue is dwarfed by the government’s fiscal deficit, projected this year for 1.7 trillion rupees.

However, information minister, Fawad Chaudhry, said even symbolic steps were important for building national unity and small savings could add up.

“If you try to see its effect on the GDP, it is small, but in numbers, it is not small,” Chaudhry told Reuters.

A woman with her child visits an auction of government owned used cars at the premisess of Prime Minister House in Islamabad, Pakistan September 17, 2018. REUTERS/Faisal Mahmood
    Pakistan is likely to soon face painful conditions for foreign financing - possibly an International Monetary Fund bailout - to address dwindling foreign currency reserves and a ballooning current account deficit.

When Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi announced he would not fly first class, only business class, while abroad, many pointed out this was already the case under the previous government for most trips.

Other early ideas - to cut some 500 staff from Prime Minister House and establish a six-day work week for civil servants - were shelved as unworkable.

HELICOPTER OPTICS

In particular, Khan has been mocked for taking a helicopter into Islamabad most days, after declaring he would eschew luxury perks.

Information Minister Chaudhry argued that the helicopter uses less fuel than a motorcade, saying at one point it cost only 50 rupees (40 cents) per kilometer.

“Why don’t you stop metro bus service and instead let people enjoy the cheap helicopter rides?” quipped a TV host.

In fact, Khan’s helicopter costs about 200,000 rupees ($1,633) per hour factoring in fuel, crew, maintenance and inspections, Syed Naseem Ahmad, president of the Society of Air Safety Investigation Pakistan told Reuters.

Optics aside, analysts say Pakistan will have to take more painful policy cuts in government spending to truly reduce the deficit. The new government on Monday did raise gas prices by 10 to 20 percent.

A further indication of a wider austerity policy is likely to come on Tuesday, when Finance Minister Asad Umar announces revisions to the budget.

SPONSORED

There were about 500 attendees at Monday’s auction and some were happy to take the vehicles off the government’s hands.

“They are saying the national coffers are empty. So, here, have my two cents,” Gul said.

Reporting by Asif Shahzad; Writing by Kay Johnson; Editing by David Stamp and Neil Fullick

So another long winded load of tosh from the Noora media cells. Maybe you can ask why they passed a resolution against Atif Mian?

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The website didn’t work so that’s why so many overseas voters couldn’t register. But you can’t expect dumb nooras to understand simple things.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed PTI's Inqlaab is here.

I'm selling my Toyota Aqua and looking forward to buy Khan-Efficient Chopper.

Debut
    Aug 2005
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Mamoon @srh @DW44
    Logic would suggest that only those who can actually vote in these By-elections would need to register right now. I am from Lahore, but settled in the UK. By-election is not taking place in my constituency therefore even though I CAN register myself, it wouldn’t really make a difference and I can still register closer to next elections.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 1st October 2018 at 22:32.

Whenever Nawaz wins, he divides PMLN equally. He keeps PM for himself and gives L N to the people.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Asif Shahzad
    5 MIN READ

SPONSORED

IDEAS

HELICOPTER OPTICS

SPONSORED

Bechara..the majority of Imrans supporters are in Pakistan. Thats how he won the election. So pipe down, sit down and reflect on the complete mess your so called tajarbkaar govt left the country in..

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm so surprised at people having a dig at this noble practice. Austerity doesn't mean to sell off everything and live on streets, it means to live within your means and get rid of "excess", what Imran is doing is getting rid of this "excess".

Have a look below and you might figure out what "excess" means.

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Austerity is all well and good but i have serious reservations over salary paid to MNAs/MPAs/ministers. If you want good and professional people in politics who are not allowed to run businesses and obviously zero tolerance on corruption then these people must be paid well enough so they can support their families.

It's probably not a big issue now that billionaires are in parliament but most middle class MPs have openly admitted their salary is not enough to survive and most people who report to them get paid more.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waseem View Post
    Austerity is all well and good but i have serious reservations over salary paid to MNAs/MPAs/ministers. If you want good and professional people in politics who are not allowed to run businesses and obviously zero tolerance on corruption then these people must be paid well enough so they can support their families.

It's probably not a big issue now that billionaires are in parliament but most middle class MPs have openly admitted their salary is not enough to survive and most people who report to them get paid more.
    Well said.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Salaries for senior civil servants also cannot be increased because of this archaic BPS system where the salary of a police inspector who commands more than 50 officers and faces threats and pressures 24/7 is made equal to that of a primary school teacher or a head clerk. Ridiculous. Similarly salary of a District Police Chief is equal to that of a high school principal.

T20 isn't Cricket

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSchultz View Post
    Salaries for senior civil servants also cannot be increased because of this archaic BPS system where the salary of a police inspector who commands more than 50 officers and faces threats and pressures 24/7 is made equal to that of a primary school teacher or a head clerk. Ridiculous. Similarly salary of a District Police Chief is equal to that of a high school principal.
    Didn't know that so definitely ridiculous, hope this is part of police reforms that they get paid enough to be able to feed their families and only then you can expect reduction in corruption and professionalism, you can't just ask people to be honest without rewards for good work.

I also heard negative feedback about traffic rule enforcement especially fines for not wearing helmet, while there is absolutely no doubt wearing helmet can help save thousands of lives/serious injuries a year, i think they should've spent first few months educating people handing out pamphlets warning them fines will be imposed if they fail to wear helmets. During the process, they should've ensured there are enough helmets in market and at set price as well. Then start issuing fines after all these steps rather than overnight changes.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Didn't know that so definitely ridiculous, hope this is part of police reforms that they get paid enough to be able to feed their families and only then you can expect reduction in corruption and professionalism, you can't just ask people to be honest without rewards for good work.

I also heard negative feedback about traffic rule enforcement especially fines for not wearing helmet, while there is absolutely no doubt wearing helmet can help save thousands of lives/serious injuries a year, i think they should've spent first few months educating people handing out pamphlets warning them fines will be imposed if they fail to wear helmets. During the process, they should've ensured there are enough helmets in market and at set price as well. Then start issuing fines after all these steps rather than overnight changes.
    Agreed- let people adjust. On the other hand,if it saves one life, its worth the hassle

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

There is so much that is wrong and unfortunately no will to rectify.

T20 isn't Cricket

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think everyone knows that it’s illegal to ride a bike without helmet. Ppl don’t do it because they know that they’ll get away with it by paying bribery or by not being stopped at all. It’s more about implementation rather than education.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1659 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Doubt you need to 'educate' people on the merits of wearing a helmet. However, I agree that pamphlets should have been handed out warning that fines will be issued from a set date.

I remember a few years back Karachi police announced that they would be doing random spot checks for people to see the veracity of their licence from a certain date, this led to people lining up by the hundreds outside the licence office.

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

The traffic police actually ran a very good education campaign in Lahore from what I hear. They handed out free helmets to people for a week or two. People still didn't listen.