Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Has there been a cricket match you stopped watching at a point in the game and later regretted it?

For me - it will definitely be the Pakistan vs SAF game in the 2015 WC. At the half way point - I was so disappointed with our batting collapse that I thought for sure we are crashing out of the WC... Went to bed afterwards.

Then Irfan and Wahab happened

In Tests - has to be THE Sharjah chase in 2014 vs SL. Even when SL collapsed to 214 in the 3rd innings - never did I think we would chase down 302 in two sessions... How I wish I got to see those last two sessions live

Have to also mention the 2007 T20 WC Final haha. When Yasir Arafat got out - Pakistan needed 54 off of 24 with a debutante Sohail Tanvir af the crease. Had to go out to do something but never got to see the last few overs... Pakistan lost so wasn't that important I guess but wish I go experience the highs and lows during THAT Joginder Sharma over.

Please share your experiences!

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I wonder if any indian fans will mention THAT 2012 VB series game of India vs SL
    @Bhaag Viru Bhaag @cricketjoshila @Canford Cliffs

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Wellness Centre
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Gangster rap made me do it.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    I remember this - what a game!

Unfortunately it was Razzaq's last significant contribution for our national team...

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't remember for myself, but I remember my uncle went to the third ODI between England and Pakistan at the Oval in 2010 with his wife and some friends as well IIRC. They left the Oval when it seemed like England were cruising to victory but then Umar Gul turned things around once they had left. They must have regretted that.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one when Afridi smashed South Africa who were wearing pink that day.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Same for me, but that was because I was on a flight

Was also on a flight when Shafiq played that innings in Australia where we nearly gunned down 400 lol

You are not a drop in the ocean - You are the entire ocean in a drop
    - Rumi

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    During that 302 chase against SL in 50 something overs, I came back from hosp and watched the second session. Watched Sarfraz batting till he was on 13 i think and next thing i know we needed 2 runs in 2 overs i think when azhar got out. Still regretting that unplanned nap, but atleast got to see the last overs and the moment we won the game.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoever missed the last session of the third test of Pak vs WI in 2017, would be a very very very regrettable guy.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I missed the final part of the chase against England in the CT Semi Final.I knew we would chase it down at around 170-2,but still missed the winning shot.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Quetta, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I don't louse hope until that last ball bowled.
    Once me and my elder brother was watching the match against south Africa it was 43rd over and my brother said I am going to sleep pak will louse for sure.he went to sleep then razaq magic happens and we all know what was the result in morning breakfast when I told him that pak won he was not believing it ..
    The other occasion it was t20 match against Sri Lanka where a debutant bowler from Sri Lanka was doing a afraidi style and it was looking like we are going to lose from this stage but Anwar ( main kailta rahun ga) Ali smashed Malinga and Co. It was what a turn around

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess A lot would have not watched second innings after 434. I didn't watch SA's chase. It was in 49th over when someone told me to tune in.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msb314 View Post
    For me - it will definitely be the Pakistan vs SAF game in the 2015 WC. At the half way point - I was so disappointed with our batting collapse that I thought for sure we are crashing out of the WC... Went to bed afterwards.

Then Irfan and Wahab happened

In Tests - has to be THE Sharjah chase in 2014 vs SL. Even when SL collapsed to 214 in the 3rd innings - never did I think we would chase down 302 in two sessions... How I wish I got to see those last two sessions live

Have to also mention the 2007 T20 WC Final haha. When Yasir Arafat got out - Pakistan needed 54 off of 24 with a debutante Sohail Tanvir af the crease. Had to go out to do something but never got to see the last few overs... Pakistan lost so wasn't that important I guess but wish I go experience the highs and lows during THAT Joginder Sharma over.

Please share your experiences!
    It was my birthday .. can't explain in words how gutted I was when Misbah played that shot out of no where. He could hv dispatched that long Hoff to any part of the ground the way he was middling them. I still till this date can't stand the highlights of that match.. it was such a bad experience but sometimes I imagine if Misbah cd hv pulled that off , he was one shot away from the glory, he would probably hv been right up there with the likes of Javeds and Imrans. But sadly it wasn't to be.. what a sad day in our cricketing history..
    Last edited by shaaik; 13th August 2018 at 11:47.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 2009 CT match against Australia.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by last_knight View Post
    I guess A lot would have not watched second innings after 434. I didn't watch SA's chase. It was in 49th over when someone told me to tune in.
    I never saw that game - in fact had no idea that series was even going on lol.

I heard about it the next day when several kids and my teacher bought it up in conversation.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyRabbit View Post
    Whoever missed the last session of the third test of Pak vs WI in 2017, would be a very very very regrettable guy.
    Oh yes that game was a thriller too!

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    The one when Afridi smashed South Africa who were wearing pink that day.
    I believe that was the 3rd ODI in the 2013 series vs SAF. Also a great match - but tbf we were never really in that chase. I seem to recall Wahab playing a good knock that day too!

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    The series decider of the 2009 ODI series vs New Zealand in the UAE. We were chasing a paltry total of 200 odd and I switched the TV off when we were reduced to 70 for 7. I missed the Amir-Ajmal partnership and how close they came to win it for Pakistan.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    I missed the final part of the chase against England in the CT Semi Final.I knew we would chase it down at around 170-2,but still missed the winning shot.
    I came from Masjid after Taraweeh and watched the winning shot, Hafeez i guess it was who scored boundary of Stokes

[QUOTE=Mamoon;9742871]Don't see us ascending from 7th/6th in the near future. 5-0 in England and South Africa awaits us, we will be lucky to even draw one match. [/QUOTE]

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyRabbit View Post
    True
    I watched 2 sessions and slept as it was already 3 am at night thinking this match was in Pakistan's pocket and they managed to make it a thriller

[QUOTE=Mamoon;9742871]Don't see us ascending from 7th/6th in the near future. 5-0 in England and South Africa awaits us, we will be lucky to even draw one match. [/QUOTE]

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UN talkz View Post
    I came from Masjid after Taraweeh and watched the winning shot, Hafeez i guess it was who scored boundary of Stokes
    And I was praying Taraweeh at the time.I checked the score regularly(after every two rakat’s)

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    The series decider of the 2009 ODI series vs New Zealand in the UAE. We were chasing a paltry total of 200 odd and I switched the TV off when we were reduced to 70 for 7. I missed the Amir-Ajmal partnership and how close they came to win it for Pakistan.
    I remember that game!

Man our batting was so bad back then haha

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msb314 View Post
    I believe that was the 3rd ODI in the 2013 series vs SAF. Also a great match - but tbf we were never really in that chase. I seem to recall Wahab playing a good knock that day too!
    Afridi was given out at some point. I remember we were attending a wedding that evening so I went off to get ready. When I came back Afridi had added a few more runs and some huge, huge sixes!

"The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has to be netwest series final against England where Mo. Kaif and Yuvi steer india to victory.

3WCs, #1 Test #1 ODI team, Fab 9: Sachin, Dravid, Saurav, Kumble, VVS, Viru, Zak, MSD, Yuvi

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Same as you: http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8...ld-cup-2014-15

Stopped watching when they raced to 60 in less than 10 overs and went to bed.

Also, the India vs Pakistan CT final, I skipped the whole match live. Didn't give Pakistan a chance.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2011 final after tendu was out.Switched back only after 150 crossed.
    2001 eden gardens laxman-dravid partenership.Switched on last day aus innings.
    2002 natwest final.Switched back on very late.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There have been a few but I can't remember them off the top of my head.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Missed the match where Razzaq, on his own, hammered SA to get an unlikely victory in Abu Dhabi. I had given up all hopes.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    '99 WC final, left it midway when Pakistan were 8 down and regretted watching it at all

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe someone older than me will remember it, but there was this game against South Africa in the early 2000's, where we were bowled out for around 160-170, and South Africa were around 70-1.

We left for our relatives, since the game was obviously going one way. By the time we reached their, Shoaib Akhtar had bowled them out already

Found it

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/6...la-cup-1999-00
    Last edited by InziRules; 13th August 2018 at 19:46.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Pindi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1992 WC semifinal.
    I was in class IV then and had woken up at 3am in the morning and watched the NZ innings. My father told me to take a leave from school and watch the Pakistan chase. I agreed initiative but when we lost 4 quick wickets I went to school.
    And I missed one of the most memorable chases by our team.
    1999 Chennai Test
    When India needed 20 odd runs with 5 wickets in hand with SRT still in the middle, I switched off the TV set and missed one of the most memorable Test wins by Pakistan.

Debut
    Jan 2000
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silent ischemia View Post
    1992 WC semifinal.
    I was in class IV then and had woken up at 3am in the morning and watched the NZ innings. My father told me to take a leave from school and watch the Pakistan chase. I agreed initiative but when we lost 4 quick wickets I went to school.
    And I missed one of the most memorable chases by our team.
    1999 Chennai Test
    When India needed 20 odd runs with 5 wickets in hand with SRT still in the middle, I switched off the TV set and missed one of the most memorable Test wins by Pakistan.
    Ouch, two of the biggest Pakistani wins ever! That has to hurt.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The SAF vs AUS game. 434 by Aus.. enjoyed every last minute of it. Thought that's the end of the fireworks and went to sleep. Woke up to see Saffers chased it!

Have the players going forward, just need coaching&professionalism! #1 priority: fielding

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WC 2k15 Southafrica vs Pakistan, the worst Pakistani team ever competing in world cup and that time there were no hope but yet again we proved everyone wrong. But the fact is I was happy for the victory of Pakistan but I don't want them to go further in the tournament because I had an idea that if we go further then we have to bear that weak team with few changes for 3-4 more years, probably till next world cup again.

Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pakistan versus England, Multan, 2005.
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1...kistan-2005-06

Went to have a nap thinking England will win at a canter, England needing around 100 to win and six wickets in hand, with Pietersen and Flintoff at the crease. England had scored 418 in the first innings.

Woke up a couple of hours later to find that Pakistan had won by 22 runs.

“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule”

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    There was an ODI between Pakistan and NZ in the 90s at Sharjah. I think Pakistan got all out on 150 something and NZ were cruising along fine at 55-1 then thy collapsed and the whole team got out for 126 I think.

I don’t remember the exact scores, the above numbers are just guesses.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    921 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Didn't see this mentioned, the 2012 t20 WC game vs South Africa where we were 7 down IIRC, I left when Afridi got out (yeah yeah I was one of those ), before Umar the GULLDOZER smashed 3 quick ones and put us right back.

I just left the TV on and went upstairs to study, but when I heard the 3rd six and crowd cheering came running back down and saw an epic win, one of the few where Umar Akmal played sensibly before his Brittany Spears meltdown 2015 onwards.

Debut
    Mar 2009
    Venue
    UK England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shahid Afridi’s 102 in 40 odd balls against Indian in the 2000’s. Really wish I got to watch it but was at school back in those days.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me there are quite a few matches (regrettably):

1. Pakistan vs Australia in 1996 tri-series. Pakistan was defending 150 odd and we managed to defend. Afridi had Blewett clean bowled with his patent faster one.
    2. 1993 Pakistan vs WI in WI. Defending 148 Pakistan pulled off a hesit and drew the series at 2-2 after being 2-0 down. I actuall missed the third game of that series as well as Pakistan were 3 down for 50 chasing 270+ (considered 350 of that time). Then Asif Mujtaba and Inzi happened.
    3, Chennai test of 1999. But I managed to turn it on for the last wicket at least.
    4. I can't believe no one mentioned this. The 2000 tied match in Sharjah Pakistan vs Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka were 172-2 and needed 26 further runs in 10+ overs. And then Razzaq and Akram turned it on.
    5. Razzaq's blitz against SOuth Africa for sure is another one.
    6. I luckily caught this one http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/6...la-cup-1999-00

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan-SL tied game in Sharjah. I went to sleep when SL required 20 odd with 8 wickets in hand and was woken up by my brother when we had tied the game. Still have regrets to this day of giving up on that match. Back then you just did not give up on Pakistan causing a collapse.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh vs England 2nd test match in 2016.England was 1-0 up going into the 2nd test.They were 100/0 at tea while chasing 272 to win at one point and then I went to sleep in dispair.I woke up an hour later to see how much England needs to win and with disbelive I saw Englang 164 all out and Bangladesh has labelled the series by winning by 108 runs.I wanted to pull all my hair in anger,why i didn't wath?!!?

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    782 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I've only ever walked out on a game once in my life - Sydney 2010. I can sit through the most painful of drubbings however I literally broke down in tears during that Sydney game and had to switch off

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Nottignham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    our CL final win over India, last year, i watched Pakistan batting, but i went off to play tennis, as i did assume India would win, noticed my phone kept beeping, as i have the app alerts for wickets.

Got home in time, as pandya just came out to bat - watched the rest of it, but those wickets i missed - i watched the replays, but my heart wasnt in the match
    Last edited by UN talkz; 16th August 2018 at 18:46.

TGK 237.1 owner

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those two matches in the 2010 Pak vs Eng series in England when Umar Gul went crazy and won the matches to even the series with his terrific bowling. I recall going to sleep because I was fairly young and going to school the next day. Then the morning I wake up and hear about the good news. What a bowler he was. That was the Umar Gul era!

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Jhansi(uttar pradesh),India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ind vs eng ct final 2013.Kaise jeete gaye pata nahi.FLUKE

There was one odi match bw india and mighty aussies in which india scored 100runs and still won the match.Harbhajan singh won it for us.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The greatest ODI chase EVER! The match when South Africa chased 434.

I followed the first innings off and on and kept getting agitated as the Aussie kept piling on the runs. The family had to attend a wedding and I didnt bother to try and watch the second inning, I didnt think they would even come close, forget chasing that monstrous total.

I got to know the result only a day later. Saw the highlights, but I missed watching it live. Such a regret!

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Four matches i gave up (although i managed to watch the first in the late overs)

First one is the match where umar gul & akmal won snatched victory from SA in 2012 WT20. I turned off after gul came on the crease & I had no hopes of victory there . Then i got call from my friend & i was in bad mood & started moaning about our batting lineup to which my friends told me to shut up & turn on the tv cause gul was going crazy on Saffers bowling attack. I managed to watched the last five overs & witness special victory.

The second was our victory over indian in 2014 asia cup. When junaid khan came on crease, i had lost all hope & shut off the tv. Then when i turned on Whatsapp, i got to know we had won.

The third & fourth were unbelievable matches & i still get ridiculed over them. They were west indies semi-final & final matches in WT20 2016. Their approach in both games was that they took a lot of time to get going in the first 10 overs which would make me skeptic & i would just turn off. I just made in time for the 3rd & fourth sixes (once again courtesy of my dear friend) by brathwaite to stokes but missed all the awesome WI batting before that.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InziRules View Post
    Maybe someone older than me will remember it, but there was this game against South Africa in the early 2000's, where we were bowled out for around 160-170, and South Africa were around 70-1.

We left for our relatives, since the game was obviously going one way. By the time we reached their, Shoaib Akhtar had bowled them out already

Found it

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/6...la-cup-1999-00
    Yeah I remember this match. That coca cola tournament in 2000 has gotta be my favorite Sharjah tournament ever. If i remember correctly, Shoaib also won us the semi-final against India & dislocated his shoulder during his run-up in his last overs. Moin khan was the captain that series & he had to collect MOM award for Shoaib.

Luckily I was on vacation in pak those days & watched all the matches of that tournament live. My favorite moment is in the finals when hanise cronje started delivering us some serious phainta after we had some success against the top order & all the pak fans started getting worried. Then came waqar & cleaned the last 4-5 wickets to give us the trophy & also get man of the tournament.

That tournament, he was on fire & it made me a hardcore waqar younis fan. He got a Car too as a gift although I forgot which car it was. The whole family woke up till 2:00 AM to watch the finals & when waqar started dishing those yorkers, the mood of the room changed in a second from negative to positive. I cheered so loud my throat was sore the next two days.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol I was thinking about the same game

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Australia vs South Africa at Headingley in 99 (the Super 6 game) during which Herschelle Gibbs dropped the World Cup. Australia were 50/3 chasing 270 and I thought game over and turned the telly off.

Repeated my mistake 16 years later when Pakistan were playing South Africa at Auckland. Thought we didn't have enough runs so went to sleep.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember once I was watching this game
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1...sri-lanka-2015

and Pakistan was 7-107 once Afridi got out and they needed 66 in 35 and everyone who I was watching with left and said it was game over despite me trying to convince them that anything can happen and you should always watch till the last ball. And oh did they regret it! Anwar Ali came and started hitting like crazy! Smashing everyone from the new SL guys to Malinga! He scored 46 from 17 and then got out and Imad Wasim hit the winning four in the final over. Once I went to my relative's house to tell them what happened they couldn't believe it.

Also, I stopped watching the last test between Pakistan and Sri Lanka http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1...nd-pak-2017-18 Pakistan were struggling at 5-52 so I went to sleep. I woke up the next morning to find out Shafiq and Sarfraz had a fight back but Pakistan still lost by 68 runs so I still kind of regretted it as it would've been nice to see the fightback and I also never managed to find the highlights of that sadly.