Instagram

An evening with Shahid Afridi and Younis Khan

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 41 of 41
  1. #1
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,502
    Mentioned
    554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    [PICTURES] 44-year-old Misbah-ul-Haq training with SNGPL









    Pictures from their recent training from SNGPL fb page


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  2. #2
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    3,884
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mans an inspiration.


    "Peace is only made with the powerful"

  3. #3
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dűr
    Runs
    14,245
    Mentioned
    475 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    More like 47 years old.
    Which makes it even more inspirational.


    Tazimi Sirdar

  4. #4
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    3,884
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TM Riddle View Post
    More like 47 years old.
    Which makes it even more inspirational.
    Then Sachins 50


    "Peace is only made with the powerful"

  5. #5
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,502
    Mentioned
    554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TM Riddle View Post
    More like 47 years old.
    Which makes it even more inspirational.
    yup his true age was +2 or +3


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  6. #6
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Wellness Centre
    Runs
    8,672
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Still looks to be in a very good shape. He's truly an inspirational personality.


    Gangster rap made me do it.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    6,188
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hope he becomes the PCB chairman, what a personality.

    Maybe he's training for the upcoming Aus tour, apna record wapis lina hei McCullum sei

  8. #8
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,502
    Mentioned
    554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    hafeez also training, looks like h aint retiring aswell


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  9. #9
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,842
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know how to react. Really happy that he's so dedicated to his job, even at this age.

    On the other hand, what does he earn by playing at this age?, rather a youngster can be groomed in his place and can also make a living

  10. #10
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,502
    Mentioned
    554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    Don't know how to react. Really happy that he's so dedicated to his job, even at this age.

    On the other hand, what does he earn by playing at this age?, rather a youngster can be groomed in his place and can also make a living
    there are many famous cricketers who played domestic after retirement.

    Trescothick is one that i remember


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  11. #11
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    2,745
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Misbah is an inspiration. A role model.

    I am sure both him and Younis are fit enough to pass SC fitness tests.

    Proud of you Misbah and thank you

  12. #12
    Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    6,571
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Misbah: 2016, 42 years old. At Lord's, against Anderson, Broad and co. First innings: 114 runs.

    Team India: bunch of 20-somethings. At Lord's, against Anderson, Broad and co. First innings: 107 all out.

    #Champion

  13. #13
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    2,745
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman View Post
    Misbah: 2016, 42 years old. At Lord's, against Anderson, Broad and co. First innings: 114 runs.

    Team India: bunch of 20-somethings. At Lord's, against Anderson, Broad and co. First innings: 107 all out.

    #Champion
    That 114 was a fluke: ECB tampered weather .yk @Robert and prepared an easy track for Pakistan. Also, English pace attack weren't bowling to their 100% capacity.

    The push ups he did afterwards: Earth lowered her gravity pull Fluke as well.









    /s just kidding.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    6,245
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A cloudy morning on the eve of July 14, 2016; overcast conditions, plenty of cloud cover and typical late-winter English weather.

    Mishnah Ul Haq walks out as Pakistan is struggling at 77 for 3 wickets down - routine for him. Broad and Woakes are swinging the ball left, right and centre and 305 minutes later, Misbah stands at 114, having scored a remarkable century at nearly 43 years of age.

    It is to be noted, when Misbah ul Haq scored his century, the Pakistani team was not ranked No.1 in the world, England had not gone through its hottest summer and a series's of heatwaves in the last 100 years, th pitches had not been exposed to direct sunlight for months and most importantly, England weren't playing an ageing Anderson and Broad.

    Arguably, one of the best knocks by a visiting captain at Lords and likely England too. The best century I've witnessed.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    2,745
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    A cloudy morning on the eve of July 14, 2016; overcast conditions, plenty of cloud cover and typical late-winter English weather.

    Mishnah Ul Haq walks out as Pakistan is struggling at 77 for 3 wickets down - routine for him. Broad and Woakes are swinging the ball left, right and centre and 305 minutes later, Misbah stands at 114, having scored a remarkable century at nearly 43 years of age.

    It is to be noted, when Misbah ul Haq scored his century, the Pakistani team was not ranked No.1 in the world, England had not gone through its hottest summer and a series's of heatwaves in the last 100 years, th pitches had not been exposed to direct sunlight for months and most importantly, England weren't playing an ageing Anderson and Broad.

    Arguably, one of the best knocks by a visiting captain at Lords and likely England too. The best century I've witnessed.
    I am watching the 1080p Youtube video to refresh the memory.

    Alone at work

  16. #16
    Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    2,308
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhenSultansBowled View Post
    I am watching the 1080p Youtube video to refresh the memory.

    Alone at work
    Link please

  17. #17
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    15,619
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman View Post
    Misbah: 2016, 42 years old. At Lord's, against Anderson, Broad and co. First innings: 114 runs.

    Team India: bunch of 20-somethings. At Lord's, against Anderson, Broad and co. First innings: 107 all out.

    #Champion
    Come on bro the conditions were exceptionally different


    "The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

  18. #18
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    925
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman View Post
    Misbah: 2016, 42 years old. At Lord's, against Anderson, Broad and co. First innings: 114 runs.

    Team India: bunch of 20-somethings. At Lord's, against Anderson, Broad and co. First innings: 107 all out.

    #Champion
    Anderson (and Stokes) didn't play. Also that was on a drier and flat Lords wicket without overcast conditions.

    Once Anderson and Stokes returned for the remaining 3 tests, he was the same as these Indian batters with a load of low scores - top score was just 50.
    Last edited by topspin; 13th August 2018 at 12:31.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    6,346
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And was a complete flop after that century in aus and NZ . Though I respect him but sometimes it’s good to tell the truth.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    14,689
    Mentioned
    358 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    there are many famous cricketers who played domestic after retirement.

    Trescothick is one that i remember
    Trescothick didnt play till 45.


    And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

  21. #21
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    26,220
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    Anderson (and Stokes) didn't play. Also that was on a drier and flat Lords wicket without overcast conditions.

    Once Anderson and Stokes returned for the remaining 3 tests, he was the same as these Indian batters with a load of low scores - top score was just 50.


    With the exception of Kohli, no one has scored even that in the two tests so far and 4 innings amongst 10 players LOL

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    925
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Misbah keeps performing in domestics then he has the right to play in the XI but it is no doubt controversial and reinforces the seniority cricket that surrounds Pakistan cricket in general.

    From a PSL perspective, Misbah needs to step aside because he has been medicore for the last 2 seasons. Time for an upcoming young batsman or at least a better established player to take his place.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    11,686
    Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Need to use Misbah as a domestic scout. He will see players in the middle and hopefully find a gem or 2.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    26,142
    Mentioned
    1214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaaik View Post
    Link please
    .


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  25. #25
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    3,984
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Bassim View Post
    Trescothick didnt play till 45.
    He is still playing FC


    [QUOTE=Mamoon;9742871]Don't see us ascending from 7th/6th in the near future. 5-0 in England and South Africa awaits us, we will be lucky to even draw one match. [/QUOTE]

  26. #26
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,103
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Bassim View Post
    Trescothick didnt play till 45.
    Tresco is still playing county cricket for Somerset and he is the same age as Misbah. He retired at 32 from international cricket because of aviophobia.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    4,005
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good for him. Just hope he stays away from PCB/ Pakistan Cricket

  28. #28
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,103
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    Don't know how to react. Really happy that he's so dedicated to his job, even at this age.

    On the other hand, what does he earn by playing at this age?, rather a youngster can be groomed in his place and can also make a living
    Our FC wages are pretty less. 40K PKR as per @Saj
    He said he started playing cricket for fitness and he clearly wants to remain fit. He usually sits out for a few FC games.
    Our domestic coaches are one of the worst. Basit Ali used to be th coach of SNGPL, the team Misbah captains.
    The domestic guys can learn a lot about training, fitness, batting etc from a seasoned captain like Misbah than they will from others. Misbah also likes to engage in discussions with domestic players and I think it's really beneficial for the guys to be around a former national captain as they can learn so much from him. As far as I know, only SSGC team has a proper fitness coach who got his certifications from England i think.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    3,984
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyRabbit View Post
    Our FC wages are pretty less. 40K PKR as per @Saj
    He said he started playing cricket for fitness and he clearly wants to remain fit. He usually sits out for a few FC games.
    Our domestic coaches are one of the worst. Basit Ali used to be th coach of SNGPL, the team Misbah captains.
    The domestic guys can learn a lot about training, fitness, batting etc from a seasoned captain like Misbah than they will from others. Misbah also likes to engage in discussions with domestic players and I think it's really beneficial for the guys to be around a former national captain as they can learn so much from him. As far as I know, only SSGC team has a proper fitness coach who got his certifications from England i think.


    [QUOTE=Mamoon;9742871]Don't see us ascending from 7th/6th in the near future. 5-0 in England and South Africa awaits us, we will be lucky to even draw one match. [/QUOTE]

  30. #30
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    4,949
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Respect to him for his commitment and work ethic.

    He has been a great servant of Pakistan cricket but I think it's time he hung up his boots- he was clearly being beaten for pace in the PSL.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    1,733
    Mentioned
    397 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should remain away from PSL.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,502
    Mentioned
    554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Bassim View Post
    Trescothick didnt play till 45.
    trescothick is crossing 40 and is still playing domestic.


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  33. #33
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    10,769
    Mentioned
    921 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Dont see the big deal. Good on him on staying fit, but in this modern era with higher health standards a lot of men in their 40s, 50s, even 60s do rigorous activity to stay fit who are well off.

    What is the point of him playing this anyway, should find a job.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,502
    Mentioned
    554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post
    Dont see the big deal. Good on him on staying fit, but in this modern era with higher health standards a lot of men in their 40s, 50s, even 60s do rigorous activity to stay fit who are well off.

    What is the point of him playing this anyway, should find a job.
    easy for you to talk.

    Cricketers spend their whole life training and working hard for cricket.

    fine he has retired from International, but at domestic level he should be allowed to earn a living.

    Many players go on to play after retirement even if they are not for natioanl consideration. Ramprakash, Trescothick etc.


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  35. #35
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    925
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    easy for you to talk.

    Cricketers spend their whole life training and working hard for cricket.

    fine he has retired from International, but at domestic level he should be allowed to earn a living.

    Many players go on to play after retirement even if they are not for natioanl consideration. Ramprakash, Trescothick etc.
    Suleiman is right on the money. It's not a big deal and to be frank PP has moved on from him as shown by the number of posts in the Sarfraz v Kohli thread.

    Pakistan cricket in LOIs has also moved forward after Misbah evident from the CT win and the fact that the team has moved up the rankings. Still an average side but under Misbah Pakistan were among the worst side of all test nations in ODIs.

    With the greatest of respect his preference for seniors, sub 75 batting SR and his defensive captaincy is all he had to give in LOIs.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,502
    Mentioned
    554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    Suleiman is right on the money. It's not a big deal and to be frank PP has moved on from him as shown by the number of posts in the Sarfraz v Kohli thread.

    Pakistan cricket in LOIs has also moved forward after Misbah evident from the CT win and the fact that the team has moved up the rankings. Still an average side but under Misbah Pakistan were among the worst side of all test nations in ODIs.

    With the greatest of respect his preference for seniors, sub 75 batting SR and his defensive captaincy is all he had to give in LOIs.
    oh bhai, what the hell am i suppsoe to do if pp has moved on from Misbah?

    This is a thread about him still practising and looking to play another season at such an age which is extraordinary knowing the cricekting culture of Pakistan.


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  37. #37
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    10,769
    Mentioned
    921 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    easy for you to talk.

    Cricketers spend their whole life training and working hard for cricket.

    fine he has retired from International, but at domestic level he should be allowed to earn a living.

    Many players go on to play after retirement even if they are not for natioanl consideration. Ramprakash, Trescothick etc.
    That's fine, but why do we need a Misbah worship thread every month. The guy is retired, leave him be, what's the point of a circle jerk of his achievements every month.

    There's cricketers even bigger than him and even their achievements aren't even recycled as much as Misbah's.

    He's gone, get over it.

    The job thing in my post was just tongue in cheek lol.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,502
    Mentioned
    554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    People dont understand the significance of this and to understand it you need to know the history of Pakistan cricket.

    I remember guys like Mohammad Yousuf did not bother to play first class cricekt because they considered themselves seniors and wouldn't bother to play or show up first class games. They always acted as theyw ere above the game.

    Even razzaq did this aswell.

    ANd this was happening when they were playing members. When they were kicked out of the team, they would bash PCB and the selectors but they never looked back at their own mistake. Even during the period when they were out fo the team or kicked out, they didnt return back to first class duty, they would keep fighting on media until they got their spot back.


    Misbah even while as captain, always reported back to First class duty. And not after retirement playing for SNGPL isnt a big deal if you knw what Misbah has done reently.

    This guy showed up for a Grade 2 tournament just so that he could get his faisalabad team qualified back to frist class. ANd he was able to pull that off aswell.

    This is the dedication misbah gave to cricket.

    He truly carries the cricket spirit in Pakistan.
    It shows that this guy has no ego, and only plays cricket for his love of the sport.

    If this attitude was their in the national team, trust me half of our problems would be solved.


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  39. #39
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,502
    Mentioned
    554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post
    That's fine, but why do we need a Misbah worship thread every month. The guy is retired, leave him be, what's the point of a circle jerk of his achievements every month.

    There's cricketers even bigger than him and even their achievements aren't even recycled as much as Misbah's.

    He's gone, get over it.

    The job thing in my post was just tongue in cheek lol.
    its a positive thing, to see a guy at such an age still have the ability to do it, while most cricketers have fitness problems or dont bother to work on it.

    If you have a problem, then ok, why not ask the mods no thread could ever be made on retired cricekters, this goes for imran khan, javed miandad and everyone else because we dont want to be reminded about them..


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  40. #40
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    925
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    oh bhai, what the hell am i suppsoe to do if pp has moved on from Misbah?

    This is a thread about him still practising and looking to play another season at such an age which is extraordinary knowing the cricekting culture of Pakistan.
    This has set a bad precedent as we're seeing with Hafeez, Abdul Razzaq and others who are all following his example of 40+ retirement age. I wouldn't be suprised if Misbah's ISU pick Razzaq in the next PSL given his historical preference for seniors.

  41. #41
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    925
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post
    That's fine, but why do we need a Misbah worship thread every month. The guy is retired, leave him be, what's the point of a circle jerk of his achievements every month.

    There's cricketers even bigger than him and even their achievements aren't even recycled as much as Misbah's.

    He's gone, get over it.

    The job thing in my post was just tongue in cheek lol.
    Precisely - he's being made out as if he's one of the greats of the game.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •