Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bangladesh announce squad for Asia Cup 2018 [Update Post #56]

The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) announces the preliminary squad for the ACC Asia Cup 2018 which will be held in the UAE in September. The preliminary camp starts at the SBNCS, Mirpur on 27 August at 09h00:

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 1472
Size:  72.9 KB

http://www.tigercricket.com.bd/2018/...uad-announced/
    Last edited by MenInG; 14th August 2018 at 20:08.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Soumya Sarkar still in the squad?

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when will pak announce

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Venue
    Deen Over Dunya
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This would be my squad:

1) Tamim
    2) Liton/Anamul
    3) Shanto
    4) Mosaddek
    5) Mushfiq
    6) Mahmudullah
    7) Nurul
    8) Miraz
    9) Mashrafee
    10) Rubel
    11) Mustafiz

12) Abu Hider
    13) Shariful
    14) Nazmul Islam Apu
    15) Nayeem Hasan

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutdown Corner View Post
    This would be my squad:

1) Tamim
    2) Liton/Anamul
    3) Shanto
    4) Mosaddek
    5) Mushfiq
    6) Mahmudullah
    7) Nurul
    8) Miraz
    9) Mashrafee
    10) Rubel
    11) Mustafiz

12) Abu Hider
    13) Shariful
    14) Nazmul Islam Apu
    15) Nayeem Hasan
    No Shakib??? That's weird

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Where did the promising bowler Taskin go? Certainly hes better than some of the names I see he had pace and was quite young?

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Where did the promising bowler Taskin go? Certainly hes better than some of the names I see he had pace and was quite young?
    He is coloring his hair, settled down with his wife and taking selfies on social media now. Also, probably just waiting for next BPL season. Internationally i think he is done and dusted.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Almere, Netherlands
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDfanforever View Post
    He is coloring his hair, settled down with his wife and taking selfies on social media now. Also, probably just waiting for next BPL season. Internationally i think he is done and dusted.
    Are you serious?? I thought that he was a hard working bowler.

What happen to Al Amin Hossain?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Squad looks good. But what is S. Sarkar doing? Looks like BD is just choosing him for his fielding alone. Been ages since he contributed either with the bat or ball. Looks very meek too. BD should get rid of players like Sarkar and Shabir Rahman.
    Looking forward to seeing Mustafizur's performance. Missed seeing him in the IPL. His performance in the recent Windies tour was good too. Can't wait to see the contest between Pant and Fiz. Good luck BD.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyRabbit View Post
    Shakib is not 'confirm' for the asia cup yet 😊

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nil Dhumrojal View Post
    I remember reading he needs an operation apparently

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nil Dhumrojal View Post
    I fear for your lot against Afghanistan. Without Shakib, this might not end well for Bangladesh.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Venue
    Deen Over Dunya
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    I fear for your lot against Afghanistan. Without Shakib, this might not end well for Bangladesh.
    Losing only 1 game in the Asia Cup won't be bad.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Venue
    Deen Over Dunya
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most likely will be out with surgery.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he's factoring in "rest" for shakib.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Losing only 1 game in the Asia Cup won't be bad.
    I would worry about winning even one game. Bangladesh's bowling is already awful, and to not have Shakib will pave the way for some magnificent thrashings.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We r one of the best odi teams in the world, especially on Asian wickets. An inform Bangladesh is almost unstoppable. Don't equate Bangladesh t20 team with Bangladesh odi team.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirforpresident View Post
    Are you serious?? I thought that he was a hard working bowler.

What happen to Al Amin Hossain?
    He is injured.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would worry about winning even one game. Bangladesh's bowling is already awful, and to not have Shakib will pave the way for some magnificent thrashings.
    We did win many times without shakib in ODI. May be you are not aware of ODI outfit of our team. In ODI, we are different beast now compared to t20 or test.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    784 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Any genuine fast bowlers in this squad?

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like Taskin's career is over.

Good to see young Shoriful Islam in the squad. He is 6'4 and 17 years old and has been performing well for the 'A' team. Might not be the worst idea to fast-track him given the World Cup is around the corner and Bangladesh needs to identify some more pacers for English conditions.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RainMan_ View Post
    We r one of the best odi teams in the world, especially on Asian wickets. An inform Bangladesh is almost unstoppable. Don't equate Bangladesh t20 team with Bangladesh odi team.
    your delusion of grandeur have already started.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92 View Post
    Any genuine fast bowlers in this squad?
    Shariful islam could be that one.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mirza105 View Post
    'One of the' is not delusion.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree. Loosing any player out of fab 5 (I call Masrafee,Tamim,Shakib,Mushfiqur and Mahmudullah as fabulous 5 for Bangladesh) is a major blow to Bangladesh.Rest of the players are just to fill the playing eleven.The future of Bangladesh cricket looks bleak.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainul View Post
    I agree. Loosing any player out of fab 5 (I call Masrafee,Tamim,Shakib,Mushfiqur and Mahmudullah as fabulous 5 for Bangladesh) is a major blow to Bangladesh.Rest of the players are just to fill the playing eleven.The future of Bangladesh cricket looks bleak.
    Not so bleak. The soumya, sabbir generation is worthless i admit but the next generation is going to be great i think. There are many natural talent in that generation.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1653 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainul View Post
    These are the same guys who have been playing for the last 5-7 years. No team can afford to remain stagnant with the same set of players. The recent resurgence of Pakistan cricket has been all through induction of new players. In any case none of those "fab 5" are good enough players to be kept for that long apart from Shakib and perhaps Tamim.

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Venue
    Deen Over Dunya
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    These are the same guys who have been playing for the last 5-7 years. No team can afford to remain stagnant with the same set of players. The recent resurgence of Pakistan cricket has been all through induction of new players. In any case none of those "fab 5" are good enough players to be kept for that long apart from Shakib and perhaps Tamim.
    Mushy has actually become a more vital cog in the wheel than Shakib. Since the last world cup, Mushy averages 40+ at a 90 strike rate in ODIs. I agree those numbers aren't first rate in today's era, but the those stats are very healthy in isolation.

Even Mahmudullah's value to the team goes beyond his numbers.

And I don't get the "perhaps Tamim" line. Tamim has been averaging over 60 in the last 3 years, as an opening batsman. He's the bedrock of the batting.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Jhansi(uttar pradesh),India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mushy has actually become a more vital cog in the wheel than Shakib. Since the last world cup, Mushy averages 40+ at a 90 strike rate in ODIs. I agree those numbers aren't first rate in today's era, but the those stats are very healthy in isolation.

Even Mahmudullah's value to the team goes beyond his numbers.

And I don't get the "perhaps Tamim" line. Tamim has been averaging over 60 in the last 3 years, as an opening batsman. He's the bedrock of the batting.
    True.
    As much as he is trolled,Mushi is one of the best wk batsman in world cricket,better than current dhoni,sarfaraz,latham.Butler is better but mushi has trumped even de kock based on recent performances.
    According to me currently he is your best player.
    My favourite bangladeshi player(leaving his on and off field ethics aside)

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    True.
    As much as he is trolled,Mushi is one of the best wk batsman in world cricket,better than current dhoni,sarfaraz,latham.Butler is better but mushi has trumped even de kock based on recent performances.
    Butler is in whole new league man.

But yes, without any of the top 4 BD player(Tamim, Shakib, Mushy, Riyad) we are doomed.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Venue
    Deen Over Dunya
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    True.
    Even his antics I'm sure are just a reaction, not the first cause. Being just 5'3" tall and a Bangladeshi its not difficult to imagine he'd have been trolled from the first day of his career.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This isn't a forum for stand up comedy. Your team is not one of the top 6 because it is worse than Aus, SA, Pak, India, NZ and England for starters. So please enlighten us on how Bangladesh is one of the best ODI sides?

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are either:

1. 10 years old and an innocent optimist

2. Support BD but have no clue about cricket

3. Support BD and are deluded beyond belief. Allow me to clarify. BD are one of the worst teams in the world not one of the best. And unstoppable is not the first thing that comes to mind when talking about BD cricket!

Before you come back with a witty retort, let me confirm that Pakistan are not one of the best odi teams in the world and by no means unstoppable. See - no delusional thinking here.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Mashrafe is an amazing captain.He has motivating power.If he gets a team like India ,Australia or this Pakistan under his belt he can do some wonders.Even with this Bangladesh team he has achieved more than an average captain could achieve. As a bowler in ODIs he is very consistent to check runs and take one or two vital wickets.His stat in ODIs ,I shall say more than decent.Infact he is easily the best Pacer in Bangladesh for quiet a while now except that honeymoon short period of Mustafizur.He is the most vital man in our team in my eyes.
    Mahmudullah and Mushfiqur played quiet a few match winning knocks and game changing knocks in their career.The win against England in 2011 and 2015 WC, win against India in 2012 asia cup,Nidhas trophy match against Srilanka, win against NZ cin champions trophy comes in my mind at this moment.They good ODI players.They have good work ethics in the team.There are not better players to replace them in Bangladesh right now.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ur best team in Asia lost an odi in home ground to afghans couple of years ago and almost lost the series even
    Not sure how many multiteam tournaments won by the inform unstoppable bangla team till date..isn’t it grand ZERO?😂😂😂

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Googly View Post
    You are either:

1. 10 years old and an innocent optimist

2. Support BD but have no clue about cricket

3. Support BD and are deluded beyond belief. Allow me to clarify. BD are one of the worst teams in the world not one of the best. And unstoppable is not the first thing that comes to mind when talking about BD cricket!

Before you come back with a witty retort, let me confirm that Pakistan are not one of the best odi teams in the world and by no means unstoppable. See - no delusional thinking here.
    See, this is the main problem of some of u guys here. OK I get it. U don't know much about Bangladesh cricket or cricket in general. But instead of focusing on learning from those who has a sound knowledge regarding the topic, u resorted to childish name calling. But trust me, ur hilarious and provoking ad hominem attacks on me r making u look quite silly.

Now coming back to the topic, do u know that in last 4/5 years Bangladesh has totally revolutionised themselves in limited overs cricket and announced themselves as one of the best odi teams in the world with their consistent top notch performance?

BD is indeed one of the best odi teams in the world, especially on Asian wickets and their recent records in Asia further proves their superiority over some of the other teams. If u don't know it, its ur problem. Examples r there for u to see.

In last 5 years Bangladesh have had the third best win loss ratio in matches those have been played in Asia with an W/L ratio of almost 1.5. Only India with win loss ratio of 2.17 and Southafrica with w/L ratio of 1.6 is ahead of them. Other teams like SL with w/L ratio of 0.8, new Zealand with .6, Pak with 1.0 and WI with W/L ratio of .2 r so much behind Bangladesh in Asian condition that I m finding it extremely hilarious that I had to give u such a detailed response to make u understand why Bangladesh is one of the best odi teams in the world, especially in Asian conditions.

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without Shakib and Kholi this series will be pretty boring.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    This isn't a forum for stand up comedy. Your team is not one of the top 6 because it is worse than Aus, SA, Pak, India, NZ and England for starters. So please enlighten us on how Bangladesh is one of the best ODI sides?
    If u have any problem in digesting hard facts then I can't fix that problem mate. U have to look for solution by yourselves.

Sorry to burst ur bubble, but teams like New Zealand, England and even Australia will find it difficult to win matches against our team on slow and low Subcontinental wicket. Not saying that, they will get thumped by our boys, but it will be a 50/50 scenario in all the cases.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See, this is the main problem of some of u guys here. OK I get it. U don't know much about Bangladesh cricket or cricket in general. But instead of focusing on learning from those who has a sound knowledge regarding the topic, u resorted to childish name calling. But trust me, ur hilarious and provoking ad hominem attacks on me r making u look quite silly.

Now coming back to the topic, do u know that in last 4/5 years Bangladesh has totally revolutionised themselves in limited overs cricket and announced themselves as one of the best odi teams in the world with their consistent top notch performance?

BD is indeed one of the best odi teams in the world, especially on Asian wickets and their recent records in Asia further proves their superiority over some of the other teams. If u don't know it, its ur problem. Examples r there for u to see.

In last 5 years Bangladesh have had the third best win loss ratio in matches those have been played in Asia with an W/L ratio of almost 1.5. Only India with win loss ratio of 2.17 and Southafrica with w/L ratio of 1.6 is ahead of them. Other teams like SL with w/L ratio of 0.8, new Zealand with .6, Pak with 1.0 and WI with W/L ratio of .2 r so much behind Bangladesh in Asian condition that I m finding it extremely hilarious that I had to give u such a detailed response to make u understand why Bangladesh is one of the best odi teams in the world, especially in Asian conditions.
    This means nothing because teams change. From 2013 - 2016 Pakistan were awful primarily because the team went backwards under Misbah and Waqar with their defensive mindset.

If you were to look at Pakistan's first team how many of them were playing between 2013 - 2015? You would find hardly any.

With the greatest respect your cricket insight is not only very biased but also equally shoddy like the Bangladesh cricket side.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodipet_baadshah View Post
    Ur best team in Asia lost an odi in home ground to afghans couple of years ago and almost lost the series even
    Not sure how many multiteam tournaments won by the inform unstoppable bangla team till date..isn’t it grand ZERO?😂😂😂
    Question is, how long have babgladesh been playing actually. I can assure u that It's not that long.

Still they have shown exemplary performance with the ur very little experience against teams those have been playing cricket for years.

If u r only interested about big trophies, then let me tell u one thing, the process of winning a big trophy is quite long but thankfully our talented BD team have been doing exceptionally well in all the departments of that process. It's only a matter of time before we get to see a tangible result. We were the finalists of last two Asia Cup, semi finalist of last champions trophy and quarter finalist of last wc. It's only a matter of time before we win something big.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If u have any problem in digesting hard facts then I can't fix that problem mate. U have to look for solution by yourselves.

Sorry to burst ur bubble, but teams like New Zealand, England and even Australia will find it difficult to win matches against our team on slow and low Subcontinental wicket. Not saying that, they will get thumped by our boys, but it will be a 50/50 scenario in all the cases.
    Seems like you haven't digested the hard fact that your "one of the top ODI sides" recently got beaten 3-0 by Afghanistan in T20Is. Yes it's different format but being beaten by a minnow by such a margin gives an indicator of where you stand in limited overs cricket.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question is, how long have babgladesh been playing actually. I can assure u that It's not that long.

Still they have shown exemplary performance with the ur very little experience against teams those have been playing cricket for years.

If u r only interested about big trophies, then let me tell u one thing, the process of winning a big trophy is quite long but thankfully our talented BD team have been doing exceptionally well in all the departments of that process. It's only a matter of time before we get to see a tangible result. We were the finalists of last two Asia Cup, semi finalist of last champions trophy and quarter finalist of last wc. It's only a matter of time before we win something big.
    Not any time soon. Not winning anything next year, or the WT20 in 2020 with a performance like that against Afghanistan.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh do not have enough quality to beat Pakistan or India. The format of the current Asia Cup won’t suit them either. Also without Shakib, the bowling will be a bit of a joke IMO

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm. I didn’t call you any names unless I’m missing something? Delusional is not a name. I simply expressed my opinion in a way that I felt your wildly optimistic post merited.

Clearly, you did not take it in the spirit of sporting banter intended. Hence, I will redress the balance and apologise for offence caused as my aim is to provoke friendly debate and banter only.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm. I didn’t call you any names unless I’m missing something? Delusional is not a name. I simply expressed my opinion in a way that I felt your wildly optimistic post merited.

Clearly, you did not take it in the spirit of sporting banter intended. Hence, I will redress the balance and apologise for offence caused as my aim is to provoke friendly debate and banter only.
    No problem mate. I didn't take any offense from ur post.

Perhaps I got a bit worked up because u called Bangladesh as the worst team without stating any valid reason. But obviously we all have our own opinion.
    Last edited by hadi123; 16th August 2018 at 14:16.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like you haven't digested the hard fact that your "one of the top ODI sides" recently got beaten 3-0 by Afghanistan in T20Is. Yes it's different format but being beaten by a minnow by such a margin gives an indicator of where you stand in limited overs cricket.
    U r confusing between formats my dear friend. We aren't a good t20 side. Its true that we r a world class odi team and have one of the greatest allrounders of all time in our possession but sadly we still haven't managed to use our ODI prowess in T20s. Hopefully it'll happen in future.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol at matter of time...u reachd wc qf by beating hapless england nd ct sf because of rain..its not at all a big deal...once u reached a knockout match and faced a top team u lost the match in a manner of minnows

Also lol about how long you are playing... Srilanka became formidable team and won world cup within very less tym..dats called the quality of a team..reaching paltry qfs sfs doesn’t make any difference..heck even kenya reached 2003 wc sf lollll...soo until you win something substantial stop calling it as one of the best teams in the world..

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Lol at matter of time...u reachd wc qf by beating hapless england nd ct sf because of rain..its not at all a big deal...once u reached a knockout match and faced a top team u lost the match in a manner of minnows

Also lol about how long you are playing... Srilanka became formidable team and won world cup within very less tym..dats called the quality of a team..reaching paltry qfs sfs doesn’t make any difference..heck even kenya reached 2003 wc sf lollll...soo until you win something substantial stop calling it as one of the best teams in the world..

Lots of unnecessary posts here I see just because one team has named a priliminary squad, which is understandable, no issues.

But, can you please explain why the SF qualification was due to rain? No playing around words - put exact equation how without rain we could have missed the SF, then we can discuss.

Please do bother to response here.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Lots of unnecessary posts here I see just because one team has named a priliminary squad, which is understandable, no issues.

But, can you please explain why the SF qualification was due to rain? No playing around words - put exact equation how without rain we could have missed the SF, then we can discuss.

Please do bother to response here.
    Forget abt SF If not because of washed-out match against Australia because of rain, Bangla would not have reached QF even😂😂😂

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the laugh. Yeah, the same hapless England team that's been owning rest of the teams for some time now. We beat Eng even in 2011 WC too. We beat an inform NZ team to get to knock out round which Australia FAILED to do in CT.

And speaking of rain...I can say Pak reached the knockout stage by combination of rain and easy dropped catch from Thisara Perera in that SRL match. so what?
    Last edited by BDfanforever; 16th August 2018 at 14:23.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We beat an inform NZ team to get to knock out round which Australia FAILED to do in CT
    Soo BD is better than Australia..hence proved😂😂😂
    BD fans and their delusions 😂😂😂
    First win a trophy which is substantial and then talk about being one of best or best of the best teams..u guys lost a home odi to afghans of all the teams😂😂😂

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If every team was at full strength - forget the rankings - these are the best odi teams - remember that this is based on the teams skills in ALL conditions and the talent available to counter all conditions:

- England
    - India
    - South Africa
    - Australia
    - Pakistan
    - New Zealand
    - West Indies (with both bravos, Gabriel and roach)
    - Bangladesh
    - Afghanistan
    - Zimbabwe

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If every team was at full strength - forget the rankings - these are the best odi teams - remember that this is based on the teams skills in ALL conditions and the talent available to counter all conditions:

- England
    - India
    - South Africa
    - Australia
    - Pakistan
    - New Zealand
    - Bangladesh
    - Afghanistan
    - Zimbabwe
    Um yeah ok, lets see WI is like 30 ELO points behind BD, lost home series to BD(almost whitewashed), Roach is a test bowler, but somehow mediocre players like Dwayne Bravo will make up for that 30 ELO difference.

Nice logic bro.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Um yeah ok, lets see WI is like 30 ELO points behind BD, lost home series to BD(almost whitewashed), Roach is a test bowler, but somehow mediocre players like Dwayne Bravo will make up for that 30 ELO difference.

Nice logic bro.
    I did say that i’m Ignoring the rankings. And yes, the bravos, Samuel, roach, Gabriel would make Windies a better odi team then Bd. It’s just my opinion. These bowlers destroyed bd in the tests and they could easily adapt to Odis. Bravo is a good odi all rounder.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Forget abt SF If not because of washed-out match against Australia because of rain, Bangla would not have reached QF even������
    Let me explain why it wasn't.

First, there was 2 wash outs, not one - AUS chasing 280+ were, 3 down for 40 or so. Ultimately, the looser was NZ, because they lost certain one point from that wash-out.

Even, after both wash-outs, there were 2 hurdles for us - first, NZ beat us and they wait for AUS-ENG result, BD out. Effectively, that BD-NZ game was a QF, which we won. After that, still AUS could have advanced, had they beaten ENG - they failed. Tournament schedule was such that, last 2 games were BD-NZ & ENG-AUS; if it was BD-ENG & AUS-NZ last round, then that wash out (NZ-AUS), apparently would have cost Kiwis a SF spot. Here, all 3 teams had fair & equal chance to win last game & advance - BD did, other two failed.

That's exactly was the same equation in 1992 WC - even after beating NZ, PAK would have been out of SF had WIN beaten AUS in last game. That doesn't mean WIN did a favor or rain earned a SF spot for PAK.

Next comes the WC 2015 QF, I give a little clue - in WC cricket, a win gives 2 points, a tie/wash-out gives 1. After 6 games each, gap between BD (4th team) & ENG (5th team), was 3 points.
    Last edited by UN talkz; 16th August 2018 at 18:56.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1721 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh have named a 15-man squad for the upcoming Asia Cup 2018 in the United Arab Emirates, which is set to commence on 15 September.

Mohammad Mithun and Ariful Haque have made the squad for the biennial competition at the expense of Anamul Haque and Sabbir Rahman, who were part of Bangladesh's last one-day international series in the Windies earlier this year.

Mithun, 28, is a top-order batsman, who has played three ODIs since his debut in 2014 and last turned out for Bangladesh against Sri Lanka at home in January. Ariful Haque, an all-rounder, is uncapped in ODIs but has played six Twenty20 Internationals.

Masrafe Mortaza will lead the side and Shakib Al Hasan has been named the vice-captain. Tamim Iqbal, Litton Das, Mushfiqur Rahim and Shakib bolster their batting line-up while Mustafizur Rahman, Rubel Hossain, and Mortaza are the men with experience among the bowlers.

Mehidy Hasan is the specialist spinner and Mahmudullah adds another all-round option in addition to Shakib and Ariful Haque. Nazmul Hossain Shanto, Nazmul Islam, Abu Haider and Mosaddek Hossain complete the squad, which is mostly unchanged from the series in the Windies.

Abu Jayed, the 25-year-old bowling all-rounder, who was picked for the Windies ODIs but didn't get a game, has also been excluded from the squad, while Anamul Haque, who returned 33 runs from three games against the Windies was dropped due to poor form.

Bangladesh were victorious in their last ODI campaign, winning a three-match series against the Windies 2-1

Bangladesh, who are placed in Group B alongside Sri Lanka and Afghanistan, begin their campaign with the tournament opener against Sri Lanka on 15 September at the Dubai International Stadium. They then play Afghanistan on 20 September before the Super Four stage.

Group A comprises the defending champions, India, Pakistan and the winner of the ongoing Asia Cup Qualifier 2018. The final will be played on 28 September.

Bangladesh Asia Cup 2018 squad: Masrafe Bin Mortaza (c), Shakib Al Hasan (vc), Tamim Iqbal Khan, Mohammad Mithun, Litton Kumar Das, Mushfiqur Rahim, Ariful Haque, Mahmudullah, Mosaddek Hossain Saikat, Nazmul Hossain Shanto, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Nazmul Islam Apu, Rubel Hossain, Mustafizur Rahman, Abu Haider Rony.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/838744
    Last edited by MenInG; 30th August 2018 at 14:43.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sabbir going the same route as Ashraful. Showed early promise then rode his luck a bit too much and got picked just because they had not many in line to come in.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will we see this again?

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    ‘Skilled hitting’ is McKenzie’s focus with Bangladesh batsmen

Neil McKenzie, the former South Africa batsman who is now a Batting Consultant with Bangladesh, wants the batsmen to focus on smart hitting instead of power hitting.

McKenzie, who played 58 Tests between 2000 and 2009 and scored 4948 international runs across formats in an impressive career, joined the Bangladesh team during their recent series against the Windies.

The team is currently training in Dhaka ahead of the upcoming Asia Cup.

“Technically, you can get into better positions. We are not going to be competing against the West Indians, the way they hit the ball, but we can be very competitive is our skilled hitting, targeting the four inner-ring guys, going over cover, point, mid-wicket and 45 (short fine-leg),” McKenzie told reporters on Monday, 3 September.

Elaborating on his thoughts, McKenzie said, “There are some big-hitters in the side. (Mahmudullah) Riyad just got 28 off 11 balls in the CPL (Caribbean Premier League). Technically you can become a better hitter, commit to a better position to hit.

“If you are chasing six an over, I am looking for ones and twos and looking for space. I am going over cover or mid-wicket when I am looking for a boundary or straight back past over the bowler. If I am chasing 12, I have to chase a little bit harder and go for bigger shots.”

Hitting sixes and fours were crucial, McKenzie pointed out, but it’s more important to go hitting with more smartness than just go bang-bang.

“I think we can be very competitive by getting the guys hitting more sixes, but showcasing the talent of hitting more skilled shots. I'd like to turn around where a West Indian will miss, miss, six, six. I'd like to see a Bangladeshi guy go four, four, four. I am not too fazed by big sixes but by what's happening in between. We can get 12 off three good cricket shots and another one with talent and committing to certain areas,” he explained.

“I think it is just about preparation and putting the guys under a lot of pressure. A lot of the times you can practice, go through the motions, and there's nothing on it. You get caught on the boundary and nothing really happens.”

Keeping in mind the changing game around the world, across formats even, McKenzie feels that the trick is in studying and understanding game situations better – not just for batsmen, but everyone.

“Most of the ODI (one-day international) sides in the world are quite similar, so it comes down to the last ball or the last over. The younger guys, after being in these situations, will know better on bigger occasions. It is a good exercise for the bowlers, see his field setting, what's his best ball. It is for the players to report back and get their thinking on. They know each other, so they know a guy is strong over covers or against the short ball,” he said.

Speaking specifically about concerns in the team, McKenzie said that it’s important to let newcomers grow into their roles, and not keep swapping positions around.

Tamim Iqbal is the first-choice opener, but he has had a number of others walking out with him. Liton Das is thought of as the best bet at the moment to partner Iqbal, especially after hitting 61 in 32 balls to take Bangladesh to victory in the final Twenty20 International against the Windies in Lauderhill in early August.

“I think Das played a beautiful innings in the T20s. Tamim got most runs. I think getting 70 off five overs was a step in the right direction,” said McKenzie. “I think it is about one of the young guys putting up their hand and showcasing what they can do. The talent is there. We have to talk about game plans, commitment and mental side of things.”

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/844387

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually @rainman is correct.

In the last 5 years, Bangladesh has had the second best W/L ratio in Asia.

India - 2.05
    Bangladesh - 1.44
    Pakistan - 1
    Sri Lanka - 0.88

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- England
    - India
    - South Africa
    - Australia
    - Pakistan
    - New Zealand
    - Bangladesh
    - Afghanistan
    - Zimbabwe
    NZ ahead of Pakistan and Bangladesh ahead of WI.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_outsider View Post
    Actually @rainman is correct.

In the last 5 years, Bangladesh has had the second best W/L ratio in Asia.

India - 2.05
    Bangladesh - 1.44
    Pakistan - 1
    Sri Lanka - 0.88
    The problem with looking at the last 5 years is that you're heavily weighing in Bangladesh's purple patch from the 2015 WC - which came to an abrupt end after a few series win against Pakistan, India and SA. That Bangladesh team is no longer to be seen, not even close. There was an ODI series between them and Afghanistan a year or two ago where they scraped to a 2-1 but was largely dominated by the underdogs.

In addition this also heavily weighs in the 2013-2016 Pakistan's teams under Misbah and Azhar Ali which were comfortably the worst teams in their entire ODI history. The current team under Sarfraz isn't as bad - I'm not claiming they're a top ODI side but their current ranking at 5 does show significant progress.

So to conclude if we are to look at the present context of both sides, the difference in the W/L ratio in the last 5 years is irrelevant. We've already seen Afghanistan surpass Bangladesh in T20Is, I say that because I don't expect that to change and it is only a matter of time within 5 years (at most), where we will see them also leave Bangladesh behind in ODIs. In the 2023 WC in India, I expect Afghanistan > Bangladesh.
    Last edited by topspin; 4th September 2018 at 11:49.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1721 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    The confusion around Shakib Al Hasan's fitness for the Asia Cup has put the Bangladesh Cricket Board in an "awkward and embarrassing" position.

Shakib sustained a finger injury during the final of the tri-nation Twenty20 International series against Sri Lanka in January, and missed the following home T20I and Test series against the island nation.

He returned to action for the Nidahas Trophy in March and captained his side in the multi-format series against the Windies in June-August.

After helping his side to ODI and T20I wins after a disappointing Test series loss to Windies, the Bangladesh all-rounder announced that his finger required an injury, saying: "I have to do a surgery. So the discussion now is about when to do it. I want it to happen as soon as possible. It will most probably be before the Asia Cup."

The board announced a 15-man squad in the last week of August for the upcoming Asia Cup, which will kickstart from 15 September. However, in a recent interview with The Daily Star, Al Hasan said, "I am 20-30 per cent fit right now. I still have pain in my hand, so honestly, I don't know how I would bat or bowl. I am out of practice for some time so I have no idea."

Jalal Yunus, the BCB director, in reply told the media that Al Hasan "didn't tell us when the selection was being finalised, or at any other time. It would have been better if he had told us that he was 20-30% fit earlier. He didn't say that he can't play."

Steve Rhodes, the Bangladesh coach, felt that Al Hasan's statement "has hit the headline". "I don't believe he is 20-30% fit. I think he is a lot fitter than that. That sort of statement has hit the headline.

"I am pretty sure Shakib is a lot fitter than that. He is in no real different state to the state in West Indies, where he played some fantastic cricket with bat, ball and in the field.

"Everybody knows that he does need the operation. He has made that decision after speaking to the BCB president. Asia Cup is very important to Bangladesh. Even if Shakib was 60-70% fit, you'd get a lot of cricket out of Shakib Al Hasan."

Mashrafe Mortaza, Bangladesh's ODI captain felt that Al Hasan would be fit enough to play the 50-over tournament.

"Since he played in the West Indies, I am sure he'd know his exact situation," Mortaza said in a press conference on Thursday. "His performance was very useful for winning there. I think it is more than enough if his fitness is at that level. But we can't do anything about it. He took the decision and since he will play, I am sure he will give his 100%."

The whole of the Bangladesh squad is currently participating in a preliminary camp in Dhaka ahead of the Asia Cup, while Shakib has taken time off with his family in the United States.

"It doesn't make an impact on the rest of the team," said Rhodes. "Shakib is really, really respected by the rest of his colleagues in the dressing room. The time-off with family, I think it is important that everybody realises that Shakib plays a lot of cricket. He doesn't just bat. He bowls and fields and captains as well. He plays all formats.

"In making sure Shakib is playing at his best and freshest, we can give him opportunities to be with his family. It will make him a better player. He has done all the practice when he was younger. He did it out in the middle, bowling 50 overs every innings in Tests. It is not too necessary that he practices all the time. He showed in the Caribbean without much practice what a quality cricketer he can be."

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/845210

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with looking at the last 5 years is that you're heavily weighing in Bangladesh's purple patch from the 2015 WC - which came to an abrupt end after a few series win against Pakistan, India and SA. That Bangladesh team is no longer to be seen, not even close. There was an ODI series between them and Afghanistan a year or two ago where they scraped to a 2-1 but was largely dominated by the underdogs.

In addition this also heavily weighs in the 2013-2016 Pakistan's teams under Misbah and Azhar Ali which were comfortably the worst teams in their entire ODI history. The current team under Sarfraz isn't as bad - I'm not claiming they're a top ODI side but their current ranking at 5 does show significant progress.

So to conclude if we are to look at the present context of both sides, the difference in the W/L ratio in the last 5 years is irrelevant. We've already seen Afghanistan surpass Bangladesh in T20Is, I say that because I don't expect that to change and it is only a matter of time within 5 years (at most), where we will see them also leave Bangladesh behind in ODIs. In the 2023 WC in India, I expect Afghanistan > Bangladesh.
    What you said is mostly correct. However, We have been hearing that Afg will surpass BD last 5 years or so. Whether or not if they surpass in the distant future is irrelevant.

Before that happens though, BD have higher chance of surpassing Aus in ODI.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You might be right then. I will admit I didn't watch the AFG BAN series so I don't know how the current team looks.

But still I would think that a full-strength BAN on SC pitches is a not a side teams should be taking lightly anymore.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ur assumption about Bangladesh couldn't be any more wrong. But obviously u r entitled to have ur own opinion, no matter how wrong they r.

Bangladesh didn't go through a purple patch, they were in good form during that period and form plays an important role in cricket. Bangladesh has lost only one odi series in last 4 tears at home and during this period they have played some of the best ODI teams in the world and thrashed all of them.

Before that they whitewashed teams like New Zealand with ease. When was the last time Pakistan showed such dominance against a world class odi team? Oh yes, I know, I know, pak have own the CT. If u really wanna know what is purple patch look no further than the CT performance of Pakistan. Pak went through a nice purple patch during the knockout stages of CT and eventually won it. This same purple patch helped a mediocre team like a Kenya to reach the world cup semifinal. Who knows, if they could stretch the duration of their patch patch a bit longer they might have even won the world cup just like the way Pakistan won CT.

But here u r, comparing the second best Asian ODI team which has one of the best w/l ratio among all the Asian teams in last 4/5 years, who just smashed WI in WI in ODIs as well as in T20s and drew odi series In SL with some nobody like AFG and dreaming that one day they will surpass BD. But obviously u aren't well informed about Bangladesh cricket which is why u have made these ridiculous claims which have no factual basis.

We haven't been playing odi matches at home for close to two years now. It's been pretty long since we last played against other mediocre odi sides like WI, and SL at home. The way we r performing now, if we play against teams like WI and SL at home we will whitewash them with our eyes closed and take our w/l ratio to a whole new level. It's a shame that BCB hasn't bothered to invite WI or SL in last 3/4 years.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ur assumption about Bangladesh couldn't be any more wrong. But obviously u r entitled to have ur own opinion, no matter how wrong they r.

Bangladesh didn't go through a purple patch, they were in good form during that period and form plays an important role in cricket. Bangladesh has lost only one odi series in last 4 tears at home and during this period they have played some of the best ODI teams in the world and thrashed all of them.

Before that they whitewashed teams like New Zealand with ease. When was the last time Pakistan showed such dominance against a world class odi team? Oh yes, I know, I know, pak have own the CT. If u really wanna know what is purple patch look no further than the CT performance of Pakistan. Pak went through a nice purple patch during the knockout stages of CT and eventually won it. This same purple patch helped a mediocre team like a Kenya to reach the world cup semifinal. Who knows, if they could stretch the duration of their patch patch a bit longer they might have even won the world cup just like the way Pakistan won CT.

But here u r, comparing the second best Asian ODI team which has one of the best w/l ratio among all the Asian teams in last 4/5 years, who just smashed WI in WI in ODIs as well as in T20s and drew odi series In SL with some nobody like AFG and dreaming that one day they will surpass BD. But obviously u aren't well informed about Bangladesh cricket which is why u have made these ridiculous claims which have no factual basis.

We haven't been playing odi matches at home for close to two years now. It's been pretty long since we last played against other mediocre odi sides like WI, and SL at home. The way we r performing now, if we play against teams like WI and SL at home we will whitewash them with our eyes closed and take our w/l ratio to a whole new level. It's a shame that BCB hasn't bothered to invite WI or SL in last 3/4 years.
    You couldn't be more wrong and it seems as per norm another Bangladesh fan getting overly dramatic and emotional. I've obviously rattled your cage but it's not my problem if you can't handle the truth.

It was a purple patch and I tell you why, we know Mustafizur has been found out. As for Taskin and Rubel Hussain after the heroics in the 2015 WC they have become the whooping boys for batsmen. Bangladesh has one of the worst pace attacks and they were put in their place against South Africa. The humiliation was such that a South African poster and other fans came to the conclusion that Bangladesh isn't worth of even playing. To refresh your memory these were the margins of your defeats:

1st ODI: SA won by 10 wickets - Bangladesh have 278 to defend and couldn't even take a wicket. It was absolute cake walk to say the least for the home openers.

2nd ODI: SA won by 104 runs. Bowling attack conceded 353.

3rd ODI: SA won by 200 runs. Bowling attack conceded 369.

There are numerous other examples I can show displaying Bangladesh's form of late but I will spare any further humiliation for now. This proves it was a purple patch, because prior to it the margins of defeat were of the same nature.

"second best Asian ODI team" - Sorry but April's Fools day was 5 months ago.

I've never claimed Pakistan were a top ODI side but to claim they're just went through a purple patch is just a desperate attempt to belittle them. The likes of Fakhar, Hasan Ali, Amir et al are not players who were just merely going through a purple patch during the CT. They're all world class cricketers who would walk into Bangladesh's team. The only players I would take from your side are Tamim, Shakib and Mushfiqur. There is no comparison between Pakistan and Bangladesh, so please stop embarrassing yourself.

Afghanistan's cricketers are far more hungry and far more talented. When you look at Bangladesh's cricketers fame and BPL money has got to their heads. They're also mentally weak and don't know how to win finish games off and win crucial phases of the game for e.g. in the tri series final against India with Karthik hitting a six off the last ball. This has happened quite a few times as well in the recent past as well. Afghanistan has surpassed Bangladesh in T20Is and it will just be a matter of time when they follow this up in ODIs.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Afghanistan has surpassed Bangladesh in T20Is and it will just be a matter of time when they follow this up in ODIs.
    Afghanistan almost defeated Bangladesh in ODIs back in 2016. Bangladesh eventually won the series 2-1 but the margin of victory in one of the wins was only 7 runs.

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Afghanistan almost defeated Bangladesh in ODIs back in 2016. Bangladesh eventually won the series 2-1 but the margin of victory in one of the wins was only 7 runs.
    There is 30 Elo difference between BD and Afg as of now. I dont think BD is some great team but in ODI they are far superior to Afg overall.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is 30 Elo difference between BD and Afg as of now. I dont think BD is some great team but in ODI they are far superior to Afg overall.
    Yeah, I mentioned that series not to criticize Bangladesh but to show that Afghanistan has improved drastically in the last 5 years.

I still think Bangladesh is a good ODI side in SC conditions and not to be taken lightly.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    @MMHS how on earth is the fraud Imrul Kayes still in the ODI team, his stats (a SR of 67 to boot) are absolutely horrific.

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakpak View Post
    @MMHS how on earth is the fraud Imrul Kayes still in the ODI team, his stats (a SR of 67 to boot) are absolutely horrific.
    That is because unfortunately Imrul Kayes is best opening partner Tamim played with.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You couldn't be more wrong and it seems as per norm another Bangladesh fan getting overly dramatic and emotional. I've obviously rattled your cage but it's not my problem if you can't handle the truth.

It was a purple patch and I tell you why, we know Mustafizur has been found out. As for Taskin and Rubel Hussain after the heroics in the 2015 WC they have become the whooping boys for batsmen. Bangladesh has one of the worst pace attacks and they were put in their place against South Africa. The humiliation was such that a South African poster and other fans came to the conclusion that Bangladesh isn't worth of even playing. To refresh your memory these were the margins of your defeats:

1st ODI: SA won by 10 wickets - Bangladesh have 278 to defend and couldn't even take a wicket. It was absolute cake walk to say the least for the home openers.

2nd ODI: SA won by 104 runs. Bowling attack conceded 353.

3rd ODI: SA won by 200 runs. Bowling attack conceded 369.

There are numerous other examples I can show displaying Bangladesh's form of late but I will spare any further humiliation for now. This proves it was a purple patch, because prior to it the margins of defeat were of the same nature.

"second best Asian ODI team" - Sorry but April's Fools day was 5 months ago.

I've never claimed Pakistan were a top ODI side but to claim they're just went through a purple patch is just a desperate attempt to belittle them. The likes of Fakhar, Hasan Ali, Amir et al are not players who were just merely going through a purple patch during the CT. They're all world class cricketers who would walk into Bangladesh's team. The only players I would take from your side are Tamim, Shakib and Mushfiqur. There is no comparison between Pakistan and Bangladesh, so please stop embarrassing yourself.

Afghanistan's cricketers are far more hungry and far more talented. When you look at Bangladesh's cricketers fame and BPL money has got to their heads. They're also mentally weak and don't know how to win finish games off and win crucial phases of the game for e.g. in the tri series final against India with Karthik hitting a six off the last ball. This has happened quite a few times as well in the recent past as well. Afghanistan has surpassed Bangladesh in T20Is and it will just be a matter of time when they follow this up in ODIs.

Did the mentioning of the fluke CT victory by Pakistan which is in parallel with Kenya's fluke World Cup semifinal appearance ruffle up ur feather ? If u really think that ur outlandish and childish claim about Afghanistan getting past Bangladesh can rattle someone's cage then I have to say u r too deluded about urself.

I took ur baseless post with a pinch of salt as well as took the liberty to show u how a real purple patch looks like so that u don't make such baseless comments in future and don't try to equate a team like Afghanistan with Bangladesh without knowing anything.

Reminding me about Bangladesh's tour of SA? Do I really need to refresh ur memory about the humiliation that was brought upon by the kiwis to the fluke CT champion Pakistan in the very next odi series that Pakistan played after CT? If u had any doubt abut why i think that Pak was going through a purple patch in the knock stages of the CT I hope some of the defeat margins I m going to post now will clear that up.

These r some of the margins of the CT CHAMPION (lol) Pakistan's defeat against New Zealand in PAK-NZ series where Pak got throughly outplayed and eventually got whitewashed by NZ.

NZ won by 63 runs(dls)

NZ won by 183 runs

NZ won by 8 wickets

NZ won by 5 wickets.

Yes, All these were the defeat margins of the CT champion PAK. If anybody wanna know how does a purple patch look like, look no further than Pakistan's performance in CT.

Coming back to the Bangladesh vs Afghanistan comparison again. U can think of waterer u wish about Afghanistan cricketers or how hungry they r. But in a cricket forum like this expect to get called out for foolishly comparing a team like Afg that just got defeated in Ireland with a two times Asia cup finalist like Bangladesh that has one of the best win loss ratio in the world, has reached semifinal and quarterfinal in last two major ICC trophy and hammered almost everybody at home in recent past.

Amir? Wahab? Harris? Walking into Bangladesh team? They will HAVE to toil hard to get into the Bangladesh B side whereas Shakib is better than any player currently playing for Pakistan. Players like Tamim, Shakib, Mushfiqur, Mahmudullah will walk into current Pakistan side without breaking a sweat.

I could go on and on and mention the odi record of Pakistan in UAE in last 3/4 years. But don't think it will be necessary. U have had enough for a day I suppose.
    Last edited by RainMan_; 6th September 2018 at 21:35.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a strong feeling Bangladesh might cause an upset. Beating India is a psychological thing for them, while Pakistan might overpower them given our bowling attack.

Bangladesh is seriously handicapped by their bowling attack and lack of penetration.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did the mentioning of the fluke CT victory by Pakistan which is in parallel with Kenya's fluke World Cup semifinal appearance ruffle up ur feather ? If u really think that ur outlandish and childish claim about Afghanistan getting past Bangladesh can rattle someone's cage then I have to say u r too deluded about urself.

I took ur baseless post with a pinch of salt as well as took the liberty to show u how a real purple patch looks like so that u don't make such baseless comments in future and don't try to equate a team like Afghanistan with Bangladesh without knowing anything.

Reminding me about Bangladesh's tour of SA? Do I really need to refresh ur memory about the humiliation that was brought upon by the kiwis to the fluke CT champion Pakistan in the very next odi series that Pakistan played after CT? If u had any doubt abut why i think that Pak was going through a purple patch in the knock stages of the CT I hope some of the defeat margins I m going to post now will clear that up.

These r some of the margins of the CT CHAMPION (lol) Pakistan's defeat against New Zealand in PAK-NZ series where Pak got throughly outplayed and eventually got whitewashed by NZ.

NZ won by 63 runs(dls)

NZ won by 183 runs

NZ won by 8 wickets

NZ won by 5 wickets.

Yes, All these were the defeat margins of the CT champion PAK. If anybody wanna know how does a purple patch look like, look no further than Pakistan's performance in CT.

Coming back to the Bangladesh vs Afghanistan comparison again. U can think of waterer u wish about Afghanistan cricketers or how hungry they r. But in a cricket forum like this expect to get called out for foolishly comparing a team like Afg that just got defeated in Ireland with a two times Asia cup finalist like Bangladesh that has one of the best win loss ratio in the world, has reached semifinal and quarterfinal in last two major ICC trophy and hammered almost everybody at home in recent past.

Amir? Wahab? Harris? Walking into Bangladesh team? They will HAVE to toil hard to get into the Bangladesh B side whereas Shakib is better than any player currently playing for Pakistan. Players like Tamim, Shakib, Mushfiqur, Mahmudullah will walk into current Pakistan side without breaking a sweat.

I could go on and on and mention the odi record of Pakistan in UAE in last 3/4 years. But don't think it will be necessary. U have had enough for a day I suppose.
    Results against new zealand are relevent when the opposition to be faced is new zealand. seeing that new zealand is not part of the asia cup, bringing new zealand into discussion makes zero sense.

As for bangladesh, bangladesh is not relevant enough to discuss on pakpassion. the only reason bangladesh got test status in the first place is because BCCI wanted a yes man in the ICC.

I personally dont see bangladesh qualifying out of the first round of the asia cup anyway, although it will be tightly contested as sri lanka, afghanistan and bangladesh are all mediocre odi sides, bangladesh are next level trash. expect afghanistan and sri lanka to qualify.

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I mentioned that series not to criticize Bangladesh but to show that Afghanistan has improved drastically in the last 5 years.

I still think Bangladesh is a good ODI side in SC conditions and not to be taken lightly.
    I can understand the sympathy people shows toward Afg team including BD fans, even though my favorite “minnow” team is Zim. Afg is a war torn country yet they are still decent at Cricket.

However with that being said I think BD also had improved to whole new level compared to before where we would loose to Pak 20 straight games. If they play now it would mostly be 12-8 for Pak now.

BD away result is actually not that bad in ODI with the very little exposure they get. most teams struggle in away tours.

2015 WC— QF lost to IND. knocked off Eng who are currently owning rest of the team now.

2017 CT— SF lost to IND. knocked off NZ who is one of the top ODI team in the world now.

Away to SRL- drew

Away to WI— comprehensive series win

Makes you wonder what if BD didnt have to face IND in 2007 WC, 2015 WC, 2017 CT how things couldÂ’ve been.

So yeah the other poster is pretty cluleless about Bd Cricket as is I am since I also dont follow Cricket all that much. In fact, I started following Cricket only after BD win over IND in 2007 WC.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Would be surprised if Bangladesh make it out the group.

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bro, why do you say stuffs like this? An inform india vs BD. Who do you think will win? Hell even a inform PAK/SL v inform BD, result will be most likely for PAK/SL.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With such poor pace bowling and lack of bench strength in that department Bangladesh can only cause upsets and can never be favourites to win any major tournament. Rankings across all the format depicts their inabilty which is mainly due to poor pace bowling and no good leg spinner in LOIs.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can understand the sympathy people shows toward Afg team including BD fans, even though my favorite “minnow” team is Zim. Afg is a war torn country yet they are still decent at Cricket.

However with that being said I think BD also had improved to whole new level compared to before where we would loose to Pak 20 straight games. If they play now it would mostly be 12-8 for Pak now.

BD away result is actually not that bad in ODI with the very little exposure they get. most teams struggle in away tours.

2015 WC— QF lost to IND. knocked off Eng who are currently owning rest of the team now.

2017 CT— SF lost to IND. knocked off NZ who is one of the top ODI team in the world now.

Away to SRL- drew

Away to WI— comprehensive series win

Makes you wonder what if BD didnt have to face IND in 2007 WC, 2015 WC, 2017 CT how things couldÂ’ve been.

So yeah the other poster is pretty cluleless about Bd Cricket as is I am since I also dont follow Cricket all that much. In fact, I started following Cricket only after BD win over IND in 2007 WC.
    Yes people on this forum tend to underrate Bangladesh a lot. But the truth is that nowadays Bangladesh is a competitive team in Asia.

And they definitely have come a long way in ODIs in the last 4 years.

I don't know about the fans and posters here on PP but I'm sure other teams don't take Bangladesh lightly anymore.