Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RainMan_ View Post
    Did the mentioning of the fluke CT victory by Pakistan which is in parallel with Kenya's fluke World Cup semifinal appearance ruffle up ur feather ? If u really think that ur outlandish and childish claim about Afghanistan getting past Bangladesh can rattle someone's cage then I have to say u r too deluded about urself.

I took ur baseless post with a pinch of salt as well as took the liberty to show u how a real purple patch looks like so that u don't make such baseless comments in future and don't try to equate a team like Afghanistan with Bangladesh without knowing anything.

Reminding me about Bangladesh's tour of SA? Do I really need to refresh ur memory about the humiliation that was brought upon by the kiwis to the fluke CT champion Pakistan in the very next odi series that Pakistan played after CT? If u had any doubt abut why i think that Pak was going through a purple patch in the knock stages of the CT I hope some of the defeat margins I m going to post now will clear that up.

These r some of the margins of the CT CHAMPION (lol) Pakistan's defeat against New Zealand in PAK-NZ series where Pak got throughly outplayed and eventually got whitewashed by NZ.

NZ won by 63 runs(dls)

NZ won by 183 runs

NZ won by 8 wickets

NZ won by 5 wickets.

Yes, All these were the defeat margins of the CT champion PAK. If anybody wanna know how does a purple patch look like, look no further than Pakistan's performance in CT.

Coming back to the Bangladesh vs Afghanistan comparison again. U can think of waterer u wish about Afghanistan cricketers or how hungry they r. But in a cricket forum like this expect to get called out for foolishly comparing a team like Afg that just got defeated in Ireland with a two times Asia cup finalist like Bangladesh that has one of the best win loss ratio in the world, has reached semifinal and quarterfinal in last two major ICC trophy and hammered almost everybody at home in recent past.

Amir? Wahab? Harris? Walking into Bangladesh team? They will HAVE to toil hard to get into the Bangladesh B side whereas Shakib is better than any player currently playing for Pakistan. Players like Tamim, Shakib, Mushfiqur, Mahmudullah will walk into current Pakistan side without breaking a sweat.

I could go on and on and mention the odi record of Pakistan in UAE in last 3/4 years. But don't think it will be necessary. U have had enough for a day I suppose.
    You've done a grand job of making a fool of yourself even when I mentioned not to embarrass yourself.

Reason why Kenya got out the group stage is because NZ boycotted them, so they were awarded the win from the forfeit. If NZ decided to play the game they would have most likely to have won and SA would have gone through instead.

Secondly if you're going to claim so and so in the Pakistan team "will HAVE to toil hard to get into the Bangladesh B" at least get your facts right. Seems like you have no idea about the composition of Pakistan's side. Wahab was ditched from the ODI team ages ago. Haris Sohail isn't even in the first XI of the Pakistan ODI side and claiming Amir is gonna have to toil to make a Bangladesh B team just sums up your lack of maturity. You ought to grow up.

Pakistan's performance in NZ was poor which is why you would never see me hype Pakistan's team like others do on here and have made it clear several times that Pakistan isn't a top ODI side but they still ended the tour respectively with a T20I series win unlike Bangladesh who got whitewashed by Afghanistan despite the fact that Bangladesh has been playing the highest form of the game for a lot longer. But if we're going to bring up "toiling", toiling is when Bangladesh almost lose an ODI series when all they could manage was one convincing win and a 7 run win in the second ODI from a 3 match series which goes to show the gap between these two teams is small.

Afghanistan will close the gap eventually and my prediction is in 2023 they will not only outperform Bangladesh but also overtake them in ODI rankings.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_outsider View Post
    Afghanistan almost defeated Bangladesh in ODIs back in 2016. Bangladesh eventually won the series 2-1 but the margin of victory in one of the wins was only 7 runs.
    Which just goes to show how small the gap is between Afghanistan and Bangladesh.The Afghans have a lot more going for them and a much higher ceiling than Bangladesh who having played 18 years at test level have accomplished a grand W/L ratio of 0.1 lol.

It would be no surprise if Afghanistan was to pip Bangladesh for that last 4 spot. Some will call it upset whereas from me it is expected, it's just a question of when.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Afghanistan will go past Bangladesh in the next few years in Odi and tests. They are already ahead in t20. Reason is simple : greater raw talent and greater natural athleticism.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Googly View Post
    Afghanistan will go past Bangladesh in the next few years in Odi and tests. They are already ahead in t20. Reason is simple : greater raw talent and greater natural athleticism.
    I disagree with this

Bangladesh has made improvements in their club structure. Its a developing nation, yet they have a Dhaka premier league going on. This is a club base tournament going on with international players coming in. And its a divisional league not even the top premier league of the country. They had guys like Morgan playing.

Not even Pakistan or India could had come up with this concept. This has allowed the bangali players to share dressing rooms with international stars and learn from them at club level.
    THe Bengali team has really improved.
    Bangladesh has very good batsmen, and their bowling is also improving.

Afghanistan on the other hand has lots of raw talent, but it isn't being polished right, they are currently in a state where they could either rise or fall down.

If you look at the current Afghan team, they have a great spin bowling arsenal, but their batting line up is just a joke.

I have been following the afghans for quite a long time. Years ago, their main arsenal was there pace bowling, with the likes of Hamid hassan, Dawlat Zadran, but injuries have deteriorated their bowling attack. Look at Wafadar; out of the game for 6 months.

Afghanistan lacks alot in its structure. They need an NCA up and running. They need a proper captain. Guys like Asghar Stanikzai and Nabi arn't good captains. I have seen them use up Mujeeb as an opening bowling, which i believe is a waste of bowling if the bowler could add more break.

Afghanistan doesn't have the experience, they could have done well with the Pakistani NCA, but i wonder what India has to offer them.

While India is offering its grounds, are they offering an NCA? Pakistan was offering this, and this could had helped them alot before their first ever test match.

Currently, Afghanistan might have the raw talent, but that talent won't be developed unless they bring in the proper struture. They could easily get coaches from Pakistan if they dont wreck the relationship due to political differences.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair play Major. Some constructive analysis there with which I agree to some point.

Good luck to both teams. World cricket needs more competitive teams.

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By 2022, it is safe to predict AFG may not even qualify for WC'22. They got lucky to get out of the group stage of the 2019 Qualifiers loosing to Scot, Hong Kong, Zim. They did wind up winning the Qualifier but overall record was 5-5 playing mostly against other minnows who are supposedly much weaker than AFG.

In order for AFG to surpass BD, they have first surpass WI, SRL, and may be even Aus. You have to learn to crawl first before walking. Baby steps...

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDfanforever View Post
    By 2022, it is safe to predict AFG may not even qualify for WC'22. They got lucky to get out of the group stage of the 2019 Qualifiers loosing to Scot, Hong Kong, Zim. They did wind up winning the Qualifier but overall record was 5-5 playing mostly against other minnows who are supposedly much weaker than AFG.

In order for AFG to surpass BD, they have first surpass WI, SRL, and may be even Aus. You have to learn to crawl first before walking. Baby steps...
    I’m sorry friend - under no circumstances are BD better then Aus or SL in ANY form of cricket. It would be deluded to think otherwise.

BD are better then WI in odi only. However, WI are far superior in the ultimate form of the game which defines the best teams - test cricket.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To add to my last post - Bangladesh would be competitive against Australia and SL in odi only at Dacca. A 3 March series could be 2-1 either way. BD would get whitewashed in t20 and in the hardest format, tests against both these sides in Dacca. Away from Dacca, BD would be whitewashed in all formats against the two teams.

BD are a strong and competitive odi side at home where they are a match for anyone in the 50 over game.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Googly View Post
    To add to my last post - Bangladesh would be competitive against Australia and SL in odi only at Dacca. A 3 March series could be 2-1 either way. BD would get whitewashed in t20 and in the hardest format, tests against both these sides in Dacca. Away from Dacca, BD would be whitewashed in all formats against the two teams.

BD are a strong and competitive odi side at home where they are a match for anyone in the 50 over game.
    Yes, in tests BD are far far behind than Australia and other top teams away from Bangladesh. It was again evident against WI in WI. Nobody is claming here about BD test side.They are still not a force yet.Srillanka is no doubt better than BD overall in tests ,though probably you forgot that BD drew 1-1 in test series in Srilanka last time,yes in Sri Lanka I remind you again.What Bangladeshi posters are claiming about the BD limited over team. Some people are continuously undermining the strength of BD ODI team.They beat WI in WI recently you know both in ODI and T20. That is some achievement but I know poster like me have to remind somebody here in near future again about BD win in WI. Afganistan is not a match yet to BD .They are still far behind than BD in any format.Those fluke win in T20 I don't count it at all. What is their achievement so far in international cricket.Have they won any ODI or T20 series against top 9 teams? While BD have won multiple series at home and a few away.Lets see what happens in future.But predicting about Afgans going past BD is too soon now.
    Last edited by Mainul; 7th September 2018 at 09:13.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is that after 20 years in international cricket, BD have an absolutely atrocious record. Teams have to be judged on test matches and BD have a disgraceful test record home and away and show no sign of improvement. I would actually advocate BD , Zim, Ire, Afg being removed from test cricket and play odi only. They simply are not competitive and teams do not want to play them in tests.

BD are a very good odi side at home. However, they only have a few home series wins to show and it is highly unlikely that they will challenge for a trophy away from home in the foreseeable future. What will happen when their golden generation retire? (Tamim, Rahim, Mahmadullah, Shakib, Mash). Is there talent coming through to replace these guys? I hope so for BD sake and for the benefit of Asian cricket. At the moment, SL, Pak and India do not take BD seriously so what chance the non-Asian teams? This is an honest assessment of BD cricket and not meant to rile BD supporters. The fact is BD supporters tend to overrate their team to deluded levels so I am just trying to redress the balance. Let me stress - I want BD to succeed.
    Last edited by The Googly; 7th September 2018 at 12:58.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    You've done a grand job of making a fool of yourself even when I mentioned not to embarrass yourself.

Reason why Kenya got out the group stage is because NZ boycotted them, so they were awarded the win from the forfeit. If NZ decided to play the game they would have most likely to have won and SA would have gone through instead.

Secondly if you're going to claim so and so in the Pakistan team "will HAVE to toil hard to get into the Bangladesh B" at least get your facts right. Seems like you have no idea about the composition of Pakistan's side. Wahab was ditched from the ODI team ages ago. Haris Sohail isn't even in the first XI of the Pakistan ODI side and claiming Amir is gonna have to toil to make a Bangladesh B team just sums up your lack of maturity. You ought to grow up.

Pakistan's performance in NZ was poor which is why you would never see me hype Pakistan's team like others do on here and have made it clear several times that Pakistan isn't a top ODI side but they still ended the tour respectively with a T20I series win unlike Bangladesh who got whitewashed by Afghanistan despite the fact that Bangladesh has been playing the highest form of the game for a lot longer. But if we're going to bring up "toiling", toiling is when Bangladesh almost lose an ODI series when all they could manage was one convincing win and a 7 run win in the second ODI from a 3 match series which goes to show the gap between these two teams is small.

Afghanistan will close the gap eventually and my prediction is in 2023 they will not only outperform Bangladesh but also overtake them in ODI rankings.
    Firstly, an idiotic statement remains an idiotic statement regardless of the no of times its uttered.

I don't even care whether u rate Pakistan as a good loi team or not, or what type of post u made in the past about Pakistan. I didn't even know about ur existence in this forum before reading ur last post about BD in this thread where u ridiculously tried to equate BD with AFG and claimed that AFG will soon get past Bangladesh without providing any relevant data like a complete fool.

But that's not the reason why I mentioned Pakistan in this thread. U claimed that Bangladesh was going through a purple patch when they beat teams like SA, IND at home after having little to no clue about it. In order to make u understand about how a purple patch truly looks like I had to bring Pakistan into the discussion and the purple patch they went through during the CT.

Of course Bangladesh lost to SA. They will again lose in future considering how little experience their players have when it comes to playing in those alien conditions. But that's not the point. Bangladesh will still need many years before they regularly starts to beat strong teams like SA, IND in their own den. But that doesn't necessarily mean one should bring BD's performance against SA in SA, NZ in NZ when they r getting compared with a nobody like AFG. Even multiple world cup winning Asian teams still suffer whenever they step outside Asia.

Bangladesh whitewashed Pakistan in 14. That's almost 4 years ago. Between this time they have become Asia Cup finalist, beat SA, IND, went to QF of wc, then again SF of CT, won odi series in SL, drew the tri series tournament in NZ, went to the final of tri series involving IND, SL, BD and just before couple of weeks back they have comprehensively beaten WI in WI in both ODIs and t 20s. A team can go through a purple patch for one or two months at max. But only an Idiot would belive that it can last upto 3/4 years.

Compared to that performance, AFGHANISTAN has recently lost matches to associates like Hong Kong, Zimbabwe, Scotland in a humiliating fashion in ODIs and the only noteworthy performance they have had during this period came against WI.

But here u r, blabbering the same thing again and again and claiming that a team like AFG that just lost matches after matches against minnows in WC qualifier will get past Bangladesh very shortly. The level of ur understanding(or lack of it) gets quite clear if we consider the fact THAT AFG has a non existent first class cricket. They have talented cricketers, no doubt about it and they play with passion which I really admire. But they will need at least 2/3 decades if they wanna come anywhere close to Bangladesh in ODIs. I myself is an admirer of their cricket. Its a shame that I had to say a lot of negative stuff about them in this post to make an illogical fool to understand basic cricket.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rainman - it’s just an opinion from the guy. Don’t get offended.

As I keep saying- BD is a challenge for ANYONE at HOME only and in ODI only. However, BD have to aspire to greater heights and improve as a test team.

Also - BD are far superior to AFG in odi cricket but they are far superior in T20. Afg also have a better spin attack and greater athleticism in their blood.
    I would not be surprised if Afg catch up with BD in a 5 years especially as BDs golden 5 are closer to the end of their careers then the start.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    I disagree with this

Bangladesh has made improvements in their club structure. Its a developing nation, yet they have a Dhaka premier league going on. This is a club base tournament going on with international players coming in. And its a divisional league not even the top premier league of the country. They had guys like Morgan playing.

Not even Pakistan or India could had come up with this concept. This has allowed the bangali players to share dressing rooms with international stars and learn from them at club level.
    THe Bengali team has really improved.
    Bangladesh has very good batsmen, and their bowling is also improving.

Afghanistan on the other hand has lots of raw talent, but it isn't being polished right, they are currently in a state where they could either rise or fall down.

If you look at the current Afghan team, they have a great spin bowling arsenal, but their batting line up is just a joke.

I have been following the afghans for quite a long time. Years ago, their main arsenal was there pace bowling, with the likes of Hamid hassan, Dawlat Zadran, but injuries have deteriorated their bowling attack. Look at Wafadar; out of the game for 6 months.

Afghanistan lacks alot in its structure. They need an NCA up and running. They need a proper captain. Guys like Asghar Stanikzai and Nabi arn't good captains. I have seen them use up Mujeeb as an opening bowling, which i believe is a waste of bowling if the bowler could add more break.

Afghanistan doesn't have the experience, they could have done well with the Pakistani NCA, but i wonder what India has to offer them.

While India is offering its grounds, are they offering an NCA? Pakistan was offering this, and this could had helped them alot before their first ever test match.

Currently, Afghanistan might have the raw talent, but that talent won't be developed unless they bring in the proper struture. They could easily get coaches from Pakistan if they dont wreck the relationship due to political differences.
    An excellent post. Even Bangladesh struggled a lot to give consistence performance during their early days for the exact same reason. We beat Pakistan in our first world cup appearance and beat other good teams like AUS but never managed to do it consistently because our players back then didn't have much experience of playing FC cricket.

Current players like Shakib, mushy, Tamim, Mahmud ullah r the result of our FC cricket which is why they r significantly better than their peers. Even Ireland has the same problem of AFG. They did brilliantly in their first wc and had a good team but they also don't have the infrastructure to produce young players on a consistent basis. Hence, most of their player r in their late 30s and still playing since there is nobody to take their place.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1665 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakpak View Post
    @MMHS how on earth is the fraud Imrul Kayes still in the ODI team, his stats (a SR of 67 to boot) are absolutely horrific.
    He was in initial squad as back up opener - one reason being there is definitely a very limited pool of players to choose from. But, another reason can be that Kayes has capability to hit boundaries - his stats are poor because of a run of poor scores, but in between few times when he got going, he actually can blast. I think, in a 30+ squad, it's not surprising to see his name as selectors might wanted new head coach & batting coach to have a fair look at every possible player. He isn't picked for the final squad, so obviously he didn't impress the new coaching staff.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DHAKA: Bangladesh have added batsman Mominul Haque to their squad for the Asia Cup as backup to several players carrying injuries, selectors said on Friday.

“He is a top-order batsman, who can play as an opener or in (the) one-down position. So we thought his inclusion might be useful in the tournament,” said Habibul Bashar.

Akhtar resigns as Chairman PCB Advisor

Opener Tamim Iqbal has an issue with his finger while uncapped left-hander Nazmul Hossain hurt his left thumb during a recent training session.

“We are hopeful they will both play. But we thought Mominul might play just in case they feel any problem,” Bashar added.

Bangladesh are Pool B alongside Sri Lanka and Afghanistan in the six-nation Asia Cup, which will run from September 15-28 in the United Arab Emirates.

The Tigers also have some fitness concerns regarding all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan, who was keen to skip the Asia Cup to have a surgery on a finger.

But the Bangladesh Cricket Board insisted on playing him in the tournament, putting his surgery on hold until October when they host Zimbabwe.

Shakib in a recent interview with the English-language Daily Star said that he is only 20-30 percent fit, a statement that was quickly dismissed by Bangladesh coach Steve Rhodes.

“I don’t believe he is 20-30 percent fit. I think he is a lot fitter than that,” Rhodes said in Dhaka on Thursday. “He is not fully fit. But if he plays anything like he played in the Caribbean, then that will be a massive asset to Bangladesh cricket.”

Shakib scored 190 runs in three one-day internationals in the West Indies in July, playing a key role in Bangladesh’s 2-1 series win.

Hasan Ali eyes ‘special’ performance against India

Mominul, who also can bowl left-arm spin, played the last of his 26 ODIs during the 2015 World Cup.

A Test regular, Mominul reminded selectors of his limited-overs prowess during Bangladesh A’s recent tour of Ireland, scoring 182 of 132 balls in one innings.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1797613...inul-asia-cup/

When in Doubt- Act Stupid....... That's Pakistan Cricket for you.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was no need for shakib to talk about his fitness in front of media. He already confirmed BCB chairman and the selection committee that he would play.

Then why suddenly he had to open his mouth in front of a daily newspaper? If u r really unfit to play, u should be bold enough and u should have the courage to say that in front of board president.

Looks like from now on we will have to beg to shakib, so that he agrees to spare some of his valuable time for his national team. As far as I know he isn't even with the team at the moment. Most probably spending time with his family in New York. This is what happens when the pipe line becomes completely dry and team gets stuck with a selected bunch of players.
    Last edited by RainMan_; 8th September 2018 at 10:40.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Shakib and Tamim are not fit to play their games against SL and Afghanistan then I wouldn't be surprised if they went on to lost both of them.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1719 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh all-rounder Riyad Mahmudullah spoke ahead of another rigorous training session held by the Bangladesh ODI team at Dubai Sports City’s ICC Academy. Preparations for the opening match of the Unimoni Asia Cup 2018 between Bangladesh and Sri Lanka are in full swing and the Bangladeshi players are bullish about their chances in the six-nation regional tournament.

Mahmudullah on previous Bangladesh-Sri Lanka matches: “I think we have got some good past memories against Sri Lanka from a few months back, but Sri Lanka is a very good team, and they are playing very good cricket and we have to be at our best to beat them. We have been preparing quite well back at home. So hopefully we can deliver.”

Mahmudullah on Setting Records at Asia Cup: “I will try (to set some new records) it always feels good to contribute to the team if the team is winning it feels even better. I will try to keep it simple and try and contribute as much as I can. To be honest I think all the teams are playing very good cricket at the moment, every team is very important and we can’t afford to be relaxed, and we need to take it game by game so that we can do well in the first stage.”

Mahmudullah on adapting to local conditions: “At the moment it is quite humid, but as professional players we have to be able to adapt to conditions and embrace the situation that comes our way and we have to take it further on a positive note.”

Mahmudullah on crowd support in the UAE: “Hopefully we are going to get a really good crowd here because plenty of Bangladeshis live here, and we hope they will come out and support us and we hope to deliver some good results for them.”

Former Sri Lanka player and Bangladesh Cricket Team, Strength and Conditioning Coach Mario Villavarayan has been working hard on the Squad’s fitness. “We are playing much more cricket than we used to say four years back, but we still don’t play as much cricket as say India or England or some of the others do so we have a bit of a cushion. We need to maximize what we have, to do that, the players have to understand what we are telling them, and in the past 4 years the players are approaching fitness the right way now. Because of my cricket background, I don’t just look after fitness, but I also help with the other skill work. I help around with the bowlers and the throwing and things like that.”

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1665 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    They should send Soumya as Tamim's replacement. Shanto is there as back-up opener, but we are 2 players short now.