Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrez Pakistani View Post
    I just want to ask a few question, if a British politician was caught on camera assaulting a commoner wouldn’t he be behind bars by now, regardless of his political leanings? Wouldn’t you be happy to see Imran Ali Shah being kicked out of his political party and behind bars, if he were to belong to PPP or PML-N? People justifying PTI’s inaction and telling us how they have gained a moral victory over other parties with regards to this issue are nothing but hypocrites of the highest order.
    Ever heard of John Prescott?

Have a google bro

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just want to ask a few question, if a British politician was caught on camera assaulting a commoner wouldn’t he be behind bars by now, regardless of his political leanings? Wouldn’t you be happy to see Imran Ali Shah being kicked out of his political party and behind bars, if he were to belong to PPP or PML-N? People justifying PTI’s inaction and telling us how they have gained a moral victory over other parties with regards to this issue are nothing but hypocrites of the highest order.
    John Prescott

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asim_khan View Post
    Ever heard of John Prescott?

Have a google bro
    lol
    you got in before me

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69 View Post
    John Prescott
    Are we suspending Imran Khan from PTI? because as far as I remember, John Prescott’s son got suspended from Labour Party in the aftermath of sexual harassment allegations.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol
    you got in before me
    Lol. I guess Imran Shah can get away with beheading his wives as well, now that we are talking about ancient history.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are we suspending Imran Khan from PTI? because as far as I remember, John Prescott’s son got suspended from Labour Party in the aftermath of sexual harassment allegations.
    As far as you recall? Why not present facts instead of relying on memory which dissipates when it comes to crimes committed by PPP/PMLN.

And surely evidence of sexual harassment needs to be produced before you can suspend someone. Especially when the alleged victim claims they have text messages. Or do you mean the Reham Ramzan one which Trevor Noah shared?

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know what I am suspending...
    Any further discussions with you.

Ciao

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imran Ali Shah has been suspended : Samaa News

140 characters from Lala's keyboard, itís as if heís launched 140 nuclear missiles on India.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as you recall? Why not present facts instead of relying on memory which dissipates when it comes to crimes committed by PPP/PMLN.

And surely evidence of sexual harassment needs to be produced before you can suspend someone. Especially when the alleged victim claims they have text messages. Or do you mean the Reham Ramzan one which Trevor Noah shared?
    There is a reason why they call it allegations. You forgot to mention Aisha Gulalai as well. When it’s one allegation there’s a doubt. When there are more than one, it’s a pattern. Now I’m not saying that IK should get disqualified based on one or more than one allegation but why not take your own advice and resign first until you are cleared of all the charges. Can’t you see the pattern. You guys set a higher moral standards for other parties, then when someone within your favourite party commits a crime you guys take the route of whataboutry. If I remind you guys about your own hypocrisy you guys go all defensive and make it out as if I’m the bad guy here who is biased towards traditional parties. Sigh.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh so now we need evidence? If an assault video is not enough to dismiss a party member than a text about sexual harassment wouldn’t be enough to satiate your appetite.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermoine Green View Post
    Imran Ali Shah has been suspended : Samaa News
    Good riddance.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mian View Post
    Another reason to believe degrees can't make you a better person And he is Trauma Surgeon
    Not specifically to Imran but some of the most rude, spoil and proud people i have seen in life are educated and rich people. Dosrun ko kuch samjhtay he nai. Middle class and people from poor backgrounds are generally more humble in my observation.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a reason why they call it allegations. You forgot to mention Aisha Gulalai as well. When it’s one allegation there’s a doubt. When there are more than one, it’s a pattern. Now I’m not saying that IK should get disqualified based on one or more than one allegation but why not take your own advice and resign first until you are cleared of all the charges. Can’t you see the pattern. You guys set a higher moral standards for other parties, then when someone within your favourite party commits a crime you guys take the route of whataboutry. If I remind you guys about your own hypocrisy you guys go all defensive and make it out as if I’m the bad guy here who is biased towards traditional parties. Sigh.
    *sigh* forget it. Did you seriously just say that I forgot about Aisha Gulalai? Is reading between the lines a little too much for you? @IMMY was right, I'm wasting my time here.

And accusing us of whataboutery when you were bringing up the western Parliamentarians? I'm doubly wasting my time.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good riddance.
    Suspended, not dismissed, so can't be a riddance.

But correct decision nonetheless. The video doesn't look good but there are two sides to the story and Dr Imran deserves to have his side heard.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The tragedy is that we are a nation of quick fixes. We want our PM to be spotless but we donít see polical workers who commit crimes as necessarily law breakers. I agree that everyone can not be treated as PM but you canít have one rule for a common man and another for a PM.
    My friend you are jumping around like a guy on hot coals. Most of us wanted him want him to be dealt with but its only right that there is due process.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *sigh* forget it. Did you seriously just say that I forgot about Aisha Gulalai? Is reading between the lines a little too much for you? @IMMY was right, I'm wasting my time here.

And accusing us of whataboutery when you were bringing up the western Parliamentarians? I'm doubly wasting my time.
    So to sum things up, you are fine to rationalise the crimes of PTI members because the other political parties are even worse. And than they say I’m accusing them of whataboutry. I don’t have to accuse you of anything. You ARE a hypocrite.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    PTI suspends membership of MPA Imran Ali Shah

Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) on Thursday suspended party lawmaker Dr Imran Ali Shah for a month for beating up a man in PTI leader Ali Zaidi said Shah has been suspended till the disciplinary committee conducts an inquiry against him.

Ali Zaidi said, "the disciplinary committee has been asked to conclude the inquiry within a month."

Further, PTI member Najeeb Haroon tweeted, "Due to the seriousness of the matter, a suspension by the organisation is warranted for a period of one month with immediate effect."

He added, "Final action will be based on the recommendations of the disciplinary committee."

Meanwhile, PTI spokesperson Fawad Chaudhry said, "Matter is referred to PTI Sindh Chapter. They'll inquire into the issue and if needed appropriate action will be taken."

Earlier on Tuesday, after a video went viral of the MPA thrashing a citizen, PTI had issued a show-cause notice to him saying his actions were 'unacceptable'.

The notice said that Shah should present his version "within 24 hours" otherwise he would be referred to the disciplinary committee.

Shah, who was elected MPA from Karachi's PS-129 constituency during the July 25 polls, was caught on video slapping a man multiple times in the middle of a road in Karachi.

The video also showed the MPA's guards threatening the man.

After backlash on social media, the PTI lawmaker had released a video claiming that he was driving by when he saw a man "repeatedly hitting a poor man's car and stopped him".

The PTI lawmaker further claimed that he had only 'pushed' the man and apologised for "hurting anyone's feelings".

https://nation.com.pk/16-Aug-2018/pt...imran-ali-shah
    Fake news, there is no party consensus and Ali Zaidi just denied suspending Imran Ali Shah

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A party that is not even certain about the actions its taking is as bad as any other 'corrupt status quo' parties that can't be decisive and swift in taking actions against elite that decide to take laws into their own hands

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suspended, not dismissed, so can't be a riddance.

But correct decision nonetheless. The video doesn't look good but there are two sides to the story and Dr Imran deserves to have his side heard.
    Hasn't even been suspended, Ali Zaidi just denied it

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it is difficult to take PPP and PML-N fans seriously on this topic considering their track record.
    We can't take a party seriously either that has never been in the government and makes groundbreaking claims about bringing 200$ billion of looted wealth back into the country.... I heard you guys got tons of votes on those basis..

Its 2018, and a seriously educated voter would do his research before falling for rhetoric

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    Fake news, there is no party consensus and Ali Zaidi just denied suspending Imran Ali Shah
    Najeeb Haroon said that he had been suspended, which is what the article was based on. But it seems that's incorrect.

Either way, an investigation is taking place and PTI supporters are the most vocal on social media regarding this issue. Rest assured, they won't let this be brushed under the carpet like the Nabil Gubol incident, or even Model Town.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    We can't take a party seriously either that has never been in the government and makes groundbreaking claims about bringing 200$ billion of looted wealth back into the country.... I heard you guys got tons of votes on those basis..

Its 2018, and a seriously educated voter would do his research before falling for rhetoric
    #VoteKoIzzatDo

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name:  39274473_1955423891193265_4231050413039681536_n (1).jpg
Views: 249
Size:  34.3 KB

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://twitter.com/PakPressWatch/st...24007700541441

Something poetic about seeing PTI MPA Imran Ali Shah getting a taste of their own medicine The mobile phone camera man morality crusader

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Not specifically to Imran but some of the most rude, spoil and proud people i have seen in life are educated and rich people. Dosrun ko kuch samjhtay he nai. Middle class and people from poor backgrounds are generally more humble in my observation.
    Can't even blame his upbringing his father great Dr Shah came from a middle class background and was a very humble man.

TalentSpotterPk: I pray PanamaLeak sink Sharif ship forever we dont want this pseudo democracy

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Najeeb Haroon said that he had been suspended, which is what the article was based on. But it seems that's incorrect.

Either way, an investigation is taking place and PTI supporters are the most vocal on social media regarding this issue. Rest assured, they won't let this be brushed under the carpet like the Nabil Gubol incident, or even Model Town.
    First of all Gabol currently has no seat in either the provincial or national assembly, he didn't contest elections this time so you can't hold him to the same accountability of an elected MPA with state protocol.

Secondly guess who is bff's with Gabol and who invited him to the party firsst- which he refused to join

Attachment 83356

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All these political parties are so full of **. They take people for fools and think they’ll get away with it. They know their audience.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.dawn.com/news/1401701

Model town case court trial, it has not been brushed under the carpet and the supreme court said it would pursue daily hearings of the case, now if its not following the case how is it anyone's fault.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good thing about this is atleast a large number of pti supporters have raised their voice against this gunda gardi.

The less said about some other parties the better.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Yes we should have voted for your crooks. Some losers will go to every length to vote for these crooks and thugs. Just for you my friend

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    https://www.dawn.com/news/1401701

Model town case court trial, it has not been brushed under the carpet and the supreme court said it would pursue daily hearings of the case, now if its not following the case how is it anyone's fault.
    When did the murders take place? Who wouldn't release Justice Baqris report and went to court to block its release?

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    When did the murders take place? Who wouldn't release Justice Baqris report and went to court to block its release?
    Well when the Supreme court is taking responsibility then everything that takes authority on top of that...

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes we should have voted for your crooks. Some losers will go to every length to vote for these crooks and thugs. Just for you my friend

And now another PTI goon is bullying a showroom owner, the new bhatta khors of Karachi!!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    And now another PTI goon is bullying a showroom owner, the new bhatta khors of Karachi!!
    Video shows PTI Karachi leader being beaten by car showroom staff

KARACHI: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) member Mansoor Sheikh who was earlier thought to have vandalised a car showroom, turned out to have been beaten by the showroom staff in a video obtained by Geo News.

The video which went viral on social media on Wednesday showed Sheikh being beaten by car showroom staff. It also shows Sheikh’s daughter trying to rescue her father as the staff tore his clothes while beating him up.

Moreover, the video also showed the vandalised showroom with broken glass and chairs all over.

According to the police, there was a car exchange between the two parties.

The showroom staff said Sheikh arrived at the showroom with his guard and created a ruckus.

They also alleged Sheikh was under the guidance of Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Malir, however, the SSP has refuted any claims saying that he is not related to the incident since the area where the alleged incident took place did not fall under his jurisdiction.

A similar case has been registered by the Motor Dealers Association against the showroom owners, the police added.

Sheikh was PTI’s candidate from PS-104 constituency.

Sheikh is the second PTI member this week to have been embroiled in a tussle after Imran Shah who had beaten a man here in the city.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/207655-vid...?5b75534a4c285

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KARACHI: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) member Mansoor Sheikh who was earlier thought to have vandalised a car showroom, turned out to have been beaten by the showroom staff in a video obtained by Geo News.

The video which went viral on social media on Wednesday showed Sheikh being beaten by car showroom staff. It also shows Sheikh’s daughter trying to rescue her father as the staff tore his clothes while beating him up.

Moreover, the video also showed the vandalised showroom with broken glass and chairs all over.

The showroom staff said Sheikh arrived at the showroom with his guard and created a ruckus.

They also alleged Sheikh was under the guidance of Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Malir, however, the SSP has refuted any claims saying that he is not related to the incident since the area where the alleged incident took place did not fall under his jurisdiction.

A similar case has been registered by the Motor Dealers Association against the showroom owners, the police added.

Sheikh is the second PTI member this week to have been embroiled in a tussle after Imran Shah who had beaten a man here in the city.

Yes there are two videos, one of the showroom owner beating someone from PTI and the other of the PTI leader vandalizing the showroom, both are wrong, and both need police action, which hasn't happened yet and would be the right way to go about it then taking the law in your own hands

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They should strip him off his license. Violence must not be tolerated!

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes there are two videos, one of the showroom owner beating someone from PTI and the other of the PTI leader vandalizing the showroom, both are wrong, and both need police action, which hasn't happened yet and would be the right way to go about it then taking the law in your own hands
    Any links?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

These are the videos on social media.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any links?
    If you're looking for a video of the PTI guy vandalising the showroom, You'll forever be waiting.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the first link is too inconclusive and the second link has been edited so can’t take it on face value.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    What did PPP do about Nabil Gabol beating up a civilian at Karachi airport. Those living in glass houses shouldn't be throwing stones. Know your place
    Do you see me defending nabil gabool here?

You lot just dont understand. Suspending someone doesnt stop this badmashi. Fact is he still thrashed someone and some other politician will trash someone else in future be it pti, Pmln or ppp.

Wana talk about stuff like tabdeeli, then allow legal proceedings to take place.

In US this would had resulted in the politician going penniless if this matter was taken to court.

Suspension means nothing if one cant even sue him.

You seemed butt hurt by my vote. I at the end of the day voted for democracy unlike u...

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Do you see me defending nabil gabool here?

You lot just dont understand. Suspending someone doesnt stop this badmashi. Fact is he still thrashed someone and some other politician will trash someone else in future be it pti, Pmln or ppp.

Wana talk about stuff like tabdeeli, then allow legal proceedings to take place.

In US this would had resulted in the politician going penniless if this matter was taken to court.

Suspension means nothing if one cant even sue him.

You seemed butt hurt by my vote. I at the end of the day voted for democracy unlike u...
    And who and when has suggested that legal proceedings shouldnt be allowed?

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And who and when has suggested that legal proceedings shouldnt be allowed?
    You cannot argue with goons so please donít nít waste your effort.
    The majority have spoken in Pakistan and weíre at the dawn of a new era.
    Last edited by IMMY69; 16th August 2018 at 22:20.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You cannot argue with goons so please don’t n’t waste your effort.
    The majority have spoken in Pakistan and we’re at the dawn of a new era.
    Fauj has spoken and we are in for another repeat. I desperately hope I am wrong but I don't think I will be.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loralai View Post
    Fauj has spoken and we are in for another repeat. I desperately hope I am wrong but I don't think I will be.
    How has the "fauj" actually spoken? Show some concrete evidence. It's a no surprise that conspiracy theories are a spectator sport in Pakistan. Do you also believe that polio vaccines are used for population control?

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HussainRx8 View Post
    How has the "fauj" actually spoken? Show some concrete evidence. It's a no surprise that conspiracy theories are a spectator sport in Pakistan. Do you also believe that polio vaccines are used for population control?
    The fauj went into people’s houses and forced them to vote for PTI!!

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ISLAMABAD : Imran Ali Shah, the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) lawmaker from Sindh Assembly who allegedly beat up a citizen on a road in Karachi last week, has contended before the Supreme Court that his act was in self-defence

“The act of using criminal force is non-cognizable and compoundable offence under section 352 and the parties have settled the matter amicably. [The] act was unintentional… and without any preparation in any manner whatever,” said the reply submitted by MPA in the apex court.

Taking notice over the incident whose video created an indignant uproar on social media, the Chief Justice of Pakistan (CJP) Mian Saqib Nisar had sought reply from Shah, who in his two-page submission requested that he may please be pardoned and exonerated.

PTI lawmaker cries foul as viral video of showroom brawl emerges

While narrating facts of the incident, Shah said he left his home on August 14 and drove to Karachi’s Karsaz Road to watch the Independence Day celebrations in the area.

He said he saw a car with an official number plate repeatedly hitting a car parked on the roadside. He witnessed that a person was sitting on the driving seat of the parked car. He feared that the driver was aiming to hit the parked car either to hurt or kill its driver.

He said he came out of his car to save a human life. The driver of the car that was hitting the other car showed immense anger and started abusing him.

According to Shah when he approached the driver and asked him not to call names, the driver resorted to more abusive behavior, which, he said, became intolerable. He said he then reacted in self-defence quite contrary to his normal behaviour.

CJP takes notice of PTI MPA assaulting citizen

“The action was so sudden that the answering respondent (Imran) was left [with] no option but to defend him[self] and use the force to counter the attack of the said person,” said the reply. “The incident was so sudden… that the answering respondent could not act patiently,”

Later, Imran said, he visited house of the driver, Chauhan; apologised for his reaction and admitted that his act was unintentional, sudden and in self-defence.

He said Chauhan accepted his apology and the matter ended at resolution. The video film of the incident was focused on the answering respondent (Imran) and as such the reaction of Chauhan was neither captured nor aired to portray a complete picture, the reply added.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1785563...-self-defence/

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) Karachi's Disciplinary Committee on Saturday declared its verdict in the inquiry held against MPA Dr Imran Shah for assaulting a Karachi citizen.

The committee announced that Shah will donate Rs500,000 as a 'fine' to the Edhi Homes Orphanage Centres and also provide free medical treatment to 20 orthopaedic patients recommended by Edhi Trust.

The committee has also warned Shah that any further misdemeanour on his part will lead to his expulsion from the party.

"No individual has the right to take [the] law in their hands and there is an added responsibility over the people in power to especially make sure that the law is at all times enforced and never abused," the committee said in its statement.

ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER AD

A video of Shah assaulting a citizen on August 14 had sparked outrage on social media after it went viral.

Shah was caught on video slapping a man — identified as Dawood Chauhan — multiple times during a heated argument in the middle of a road. The video showed Shah accompanied by armed guards, who also threatened the man.

Subsequently, PTI had taken [notice of the incident][3] and suspended the lawmaker, prompting Shah to post a video in which he sought an open apology for "hurting anyone's feelings", and insisting that he had only "pushed" Chauhan, even though the clip circulating on the internet had shown him raising his hand and hitting the man multiple times.

Shah had also visited the victim to apologise in person.

Referring to the incident, the MPA said he "never wanted to take the law in [his] hand (sic), however, it was in a spur of a moment that I momentarily lost my cool and reacted in a way that brought embarrassment to my position, my party and my supporters".

Statement to Supreme Court
    Shah had on Monday also sought a pardon from the Supreme Court. Chief Justice Mian Saqib Nisar had earlier taken suo motu notice of the incident and required Shah to furnish his reply within three days.

“It is humbly submitted that reply of the answering respondent (Imran Ali Shah) be accepted and he may please be pardoned and exonerated,” said a reply moved by Mr Shah while tendering an unconditional apology.

In his reply, Mr Shah claimed that he had no intention to assault or use criminal force against anyone and that in the manner he acted on that day was to exercise the right of self-defence.

Expressing his regrets, the MPA said that while driving his vehicle near the National Stadium he saw a car with an official number plate hitting repeatedly another car parked at the roadside in which a person was also sitting.

Apprehending that the driver of the car had intentions to hit the parked car either to hurt or kill the individual inside it, Shah said, he came out of his car to save the human life and to prevent further damage of the victim’s car.

Shah said the driver of the car was in rage and was even abusive. He said since he was not prepared to hear the filthy language, he approached the car driver to stop him from abusing, but the latter started misbehaving. The MPA said the car driver’s attitude became intolerable to such an extent that he was left with no option but to defend himself and use force to counter the attack towards him.

Shah claimed that the incident was so sudden and the fear so obvious that he could not act patiently.

Later, he along with PTI leader Firdaus Shamim Naqvi visited the house of Chauhan to apologise for his assault and admitted that the act was unintentional, sudden and in self-defence. Chauhan graciously accepted his apology and the matter was resolved, the MPA claimed.

Shah said the owner of the car, which was hit by Chauhan, would endorse that he came to his rescue to save him. He said he came to the help of a person with whom he had no acquaintance at all.

The MPA had further regretted in his statement that the video that went viral on social media was only focused on him and as such the reaction of Chauhan was neither captured nor aired to portray a complete picture.

He said the incident later came to an amicable situation and did not warrant any cognisance.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1428851/pt...-shah-05m-fine

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    The Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) Karachi's Disciplinary Committee on Saturday declared its verdict in the inquiry held against MPA Dr Imran Shah for assaulting a Karachi citizen.

The committee announced that Shah will donate Rs500,000 as a 'fine' to the Edhi Homes Orphanage Centres and also provide free medical treatment to 20 orthopaedic patients recommended by Edhi Trust.

The committee has also warned Shah that any further misdemeanour on his part will lead to his expulsion from the party.

"No individual has the right to take [the] law in their hands and there is an added responsibility over the people in power to especially make sure that the law is at all times enforced and never abused," the committee said in its statement.

ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER AD

A video of Shah assaulting a citizen on August 14 had sparked outrage on social media after it went viral.

Shah was caught on video slapping a man — identified as Dawood Chauhan — multiple times during a heated argument in the middle of a road. The video showed Shah accompanied by armed guards, who also threatened the man.

Subsequently, PTI had taken [notice of the incident][3] and suspended the lawmaker, prompting Shah to post a video in which he sought an open apology for "hurting anyone's feelings", and insisting that he had only "pushed" Chauhan, even though the clip circulating on the internet had shown him raising his hand and hitting the man multiple times.

Shah had also visited the victim to apologise in person.

Referring to the incident, the MPA said he "never wanted to take the law in [his] hand (sic), however, it was in a spur of a moment that I momentarily lost my cool and reacted in a way that brought embarrassment to my position, my party and my supporters".

Statement to Supreme Court
    Shah had on Monday also sought a pardon from the Supreme Court. Chief Justice Mian Saqib Nisar had earlier taken suo motu notice of the incident and required Shah to furnish his reply within three days.

“It is humbly submitted that reply of the answering respondent (Imran Ali Shah) be accepted and he may please be pardoned and exonerated,” said a reply moved by Mr Shah while tendering an unconditional apology.

In his reply, Mr Shah claimed that he had no intention to assault or use criminal force against anyone and that in the manner he acted on that day was to exercise the right of self-defence.

Expressing his regrets, the MPA said that while driving his vehicle near the National Stadium he saw a car with an official number plate hitting repeatedly another car parked at the roadside in which a person was also sitting.

Apprehending that the driver of the car had intentions to hit the parked car either to hurt or kill the individual inside it, Shah said, he came out of his car to save the human life and to prevent further damage of the victim’s car.

Shah said the driver of the car was in rage and was even abusive. He said since he was not prepared to hear the filthy language, he approached the car driver to stop him from abusing, but the latter started misbehaving. The MPA said the car driver’s attitude became intolerable to such an extent that he was left with no option but to defend himself and use force to counter the attack towards him.

Shah claimed that the incident was so sudden and the fear so obvious that he could not act patiently.

Later, he along with PTI leader Firdaus Shamim Naqvi visited the house of Chauhan to apologise for his assault and admitted that the act was unintentional, sudden and in self-defence. Chauhan graciously accepted his apology and the matter was resolved, the MPA claimed.

Shah said the owner of the car, which was hit by Chauhan, would endorse that he came to his rescue to save him. He said he came to the help of a person with whom he had no acquaintance at all.

The MPA had further regretted in his statement that the video that went viral on social media was only focused on him and as such the reaction of Chauhan was neither captured nor aired to portray a complete picture.

He said the incident later came to an amicable situation and did not warrant any cognisance.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1428851/pt...-shah-05m-fine
    So if i understood correctly he intervened in a dispute between 2 motorists and then ended up hitting one of the motorists involved in the dispute.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So if i understood correctly he intervened in a dispute between 2 motorists and then ended up hitting one of the motorists involved in the dispute.
    That is indeed what he claims although the evidence(i.e video) doesn’t seem to say so.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    That is indeed what he claims although the evidence(i.e video) doesn’t seem to say so.
    I think the PTI sanctions are sufficient if he is telling the truth but now i think it should be over to the courts and If he is sent down, he needs to be expelled.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    PTI's Imran Shah receives dressing-down in SC, ordered to deposit Rs3m in dams fund

Chief Justice of Pakistan (CJP) Mian Saqib Nisar on Saturday ordered Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf's (PTI) Imran Ali Shah to deposit Rs3 million in the dams fund created by the Supreme Court, saying he wanted to teach the MPA a memorable lesson for assaulting a citizen.

A video of Shah slapping citizen Dawood Chauhan had gone viral last month, sparking outrage on social media.

The PTI leadership had taken notice of the incident soon after and issued a show-cause notice to the MPA-elect. Shah was later fined Rs500,000, but allowed to remain a member of the party.

The CJP had taken the PTI lawmaker to task separately over the episode after taking suo motu notice of the incident in August.

Shah, who was present for the hearing today, was asked to step forward before the CJP directly addressed him, saying: "What were you thinking when you slapped a citizen? One does not even hit an animal like you did."

"This is an unforgivable offence and [we] will not let this go," the top judge warned. He asked Shah how he could resort to such violence being a representative of the people.

"I will step outside and maybe you should slap me and show me how you did it," the CJP challenged Shah, who repeatedly sought forgiveness and said he was ashamed of the incident.

Unconvinced, Justice Nisar retorted: "What 'sorry'? I [once] hit a servant with a belt in childhood, and my father hit me twice to teach me a lesson [to never dare to do it again]."

He also reminded the lawmaker that there could be no "compensation for [hurting the] honour" of his victim.

When asked by the CJP, Shah said he had slapped the man three or four times.

"You ought to be slapped four times in public as well in the same way," the CJP retorted.

Turning to Chauhan, the victim of the episode, the CJP asked why he had agreed to forgive Shah. Chauhan responded saying that the governor-designate himself had visited his house in person to settle the matter.

The CJP then asked court officials to arrange equipment to play the video clip of Shah slapping Chauhan. The hearing was suspended temporarily.

'You ought to be ashamed of yourself'
    After the break, the CJP asked Shah what treatment should be meted out to him. The MPA, who was also chided by the CJP for standing with his hands in his pockets, said he had been angered by the abuse allegedly uttered against his parents by Chauhan.

"Think of Dawood Chauhan's age; you ought to be ashamed of yourself," Justice Nisar responded.

The CJP warned that the court could convict Shah under Article 62(1)(f) of the Constitution, him being a lawmaker.

Upon the judge's instruction, Shah then publicly apologised to Chauhan for assaulting him. He also hugged the latter.

Chauhan also informed the court that he was accused of receiving money in exchange for settling the matter, while his son alleged that members of PTI's social media team had run a campaign against his family.

Chauhan's son maintained that Shah should not remain a public representative, at the very least.

At this, the CJP said that he wanted to set an example through this incident, adding: "I want to teach such people a lesson, who think of themselves as pharaohs."

Chauhan then said he was forgiving Shah in the name of God, but that the PTI leader should be barred from travelling in a large (4x4) vehicle so that "he can travel like us".

Shah said he would comply with this demand if the CJP so orders.

However, the CJP concluded the matter by ordering the MPA to deposit Rs3m into the dams fund.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1430348/pt...m-in-dams-fund

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The CJ has become a Pakistani version of Judge Judy.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Lol, one thing is for sure, this is probably one of the most expensive slaps in our history. Dont think this guy will be slapping anyone soon.