Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Pakistan Peoples Party - Sindh Government Performance Watch

This thread is to discuss PPP's performance in Sindh.

“It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.”
    ― Imran Khan

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The newly-elected Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) government in Sindh has announced to make Ajrak as part of the uniform for girls in all secondary and higher secondary government schools.

According to a recently issued notification, the use of Ajrak will be made part of the school uniform for the girl students from class IX to XII.

To ensure the directives and implement the policy, the government has nominated Sadaf Akbar Memon as its focal person. She will be responsible to “visit schools under the administrative control of this directorate randomly.”

The focal person will be responsible to look after the progress of implementation of the uniform policy and submit report on monthly basis.

Ajrak is a unique form of blockprinted shawls and tiles found in Sindh, Pakistan. These shawls display special designs and patterns made using block printing by stamps.

In 2012, it was reported that instead of the conventional dupattas or scarves, the girl students in the schools and colleges of the province may soon be wearing ajraks – a trademark of the Indus Valley Civilisation – as districts governments have decided to make the traditional chaddar a part of uniform.
    https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/201...form-in-sindh/

And what a start to PPP's government!

PPP issue probably the most useless "reform" possible. Not only is this useless, will the government supply these ajraks? No, the poor people are going to have to buy ajraks themselves!

So many problems in Sindh, yet PPP give priority to make schoolgirls wear ajraks.

“It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.”
    ― Imran Khan

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zinda hai, zinda hai, zinda hai!

I wonder if someone within the ruling party has come across a supply of cheap ajrak and has found a way of flogging it off and earning themselves a pretty penny

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asim_khan View Post
    Zinda hai, zinda hai, zinda hai!

I wonder if someone within the ruling party has come across a supply of cheap ajrak and has found a way of flogging it off and earning themselves a pretty penny
    That is probably the case, these PPP and PML-N people only think about amassing their own personal wealth.

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hussain.r97 View Post
    That is probably the case, these PPP and PML-N people only think about amassing their own personal wealth.
    And because of that I can't see Imran Khan losing another election in his lifetime, which despite me being a huge fan of both him and PTI, is not good. We need a strong opposition aside from PTI twitterati

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    And because of that I can't see Imran Khan losing another election in his lifetime, which despite me being a huge fan of both him and PTI, is not good. We need a strong opposition aside from PTI twitterati
    I just hope PTI wins a stronger mandate next time, and is able to implement some solid election reforms. It may help the rise of smaller players like AWP, Jibran Nasir, etc.

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    The PPP and their chairman Billo are an absolute disgrace. Can anyone list a single achievement in 10 years under the Chairman select- Billo?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Rural Sindh stunting even worse than terrorism wrecked Balochistan and FATA. #BhuttoZindaHai

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

PTI's Dr Imran Shah blasts PPP's budget, healthcare conditions in Sindh

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rural Sindh is possibly one of the most backward and underdeveloped regions in the entire world.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Good little speech by Dr Imran Shah, worth listening to. Things in Sindh are as bad as, or maybe even worse than a lot of African countries.

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1651 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Another chitrol for PPP government... these next 5 years will be alot harder for them than the previous 10.

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Here is KP's budget for 2017.
    “Estimated budget for pay and pension makes up for about 70pc of the total current revenue expenditure for 2017-18,” the documents read.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1338192

Here is the federal budget for 2017. Has similar breakdown of current expenditure and development.

http://www.finance.gov.pk/budget/bud...%202017-18.pdf

Misbah, Wahab, Junaid, Root, Williamson fan.
    T20 isn't Cricket

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Another chitrol for PPP government... these next 5 years will be alot harder for them than the previous 10.

Spoke well, which party is he from Pmlf or pti?

Misbah, Wahab, Junaid, Root, Williamson fan.
    T20 isn't Cricket

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSchultz View Post
    Spoke well, which party is he from Pmlf or pti?
    Don't think he is from PTI, looks like a GDA guy.

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSchultz View Post
    Here is KP's budget for 2017.
    “Estimated budget for pay and pension makes up for about 70pc of the total current revenue expenditure for 2017-18,” the documents read.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1338192

Here is the federal budget for 2017. Has similar breakdown of current expenditure and development.

http://www.finance.gov.pk/budget/bud...%202017-18.pdf
    Interesting. I wonder how Pakistan comapares to other countries.

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting. I wonder how Pakistan comapares to other countries.
    You forget this is used to pay government employees, you know people doing the work.

Though in Sindh's case, it probably goes into corruption

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Zinda hai zinda hai

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1651 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It's a great tragedy that we the people of Karachi have to suffer with PPP because the mindless slaves from interior Sindh can't stop worshipping Bhutto.

Stupid PPP isn't even going to implement an effective local government system.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    It's a great tragedy that we the people of Karachi have to suffer with PPP because the mindless slaves from interior Sindh can't stop worshipping Bhutto.

Stupid PPP isn't even going to implement an effective local government system.
    I honestly don't see PPP winning Sindh in 2023 unless PTI totally fail to deliver.

There were many NA seats where PTI gained 10,000+ votes, despite PTI telling people to vote for GDA. There were also many PS seats where PTI narrowly lost out. Then also look at areas like Dadu, Tharparkar, Sukkur and Hyderabad, where PTI managed to get tens of thousands of votes, and narrowly missed out on a couple of seats.

Now with PTI Sindh's new initiative of monitoring an interior district each, and a change of leadership in Karachi and Sindh, things will start changing a lot faster. In 2023, I am marginally expecting a PTI led government in Sindh, with GDA and MQM as coalition partners.

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I don’t really know why but I literally laughed out loud when I read the thread title

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as status quo continues in Sindh, I hardly have any hopes. At best we may seem some improvement in Karachi if PTI gets to implement its manifesto in karachi without PPP interference which is very unlikely, PPP will try to make it as difficult as it could for PTI in karachi. I just hope Imran Khan and his karachi team will be up for it.

When in Doubt- Act Stupid....... That's Pakistan Cricket for you.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there anyone on this forum who actually lives in the interior Sindh?

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps we can have a few more fire tenders. Any way, it’s a good initiative.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The hospital looks nice.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrez Pakistani View Post
    Is there anyone on this forum who actually lives in the interior Sindh?
    We speak English and have an internet connection, take a wild guess...

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We speak English and have an internet connection, take a wild guess...
    Are you from interior Sindh?

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope this scheme is extended to every citizen of Sindh.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We definitely need more child care unit in Sindh and I hope that it’s a step in the right direction.