Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

PTV Sports to be re-branded as PTV Cricket, new PTV Sports channel for non-cricket sports

-Current PTV to be rebranded as "PTV Cricket"
    -New channel launced for all sports, except cricket.
    -A third channel for youth sports.
    Last edited by hussain.r97; 25th August 2018 at 20:02.

It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.
    ― Imran Khan

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Damn Fawad Chaudry is really proactive and on the money from day one. In terms of minister's performance he is well ahead atm. Or maybe he is information minister so always in the limelight.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hussain.r97 View Post

Excellent move.Ive been waiting for this to happen for a long time.

This will help a lot as we can finally view football leagues including EPL on TV.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hussain.r97 View Post

I don't think the third channel is for youth sports .. seems to me he is talking about a channel that airs cartoons, kids shows and science program. That is my interpretation.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Damn Fawad Chaudry is really proactive and on the money from day one. In terms of minister's performance he is well ahead atm. Or maybe he is information minister so always in the limelight.
    Probably the second reason.

I’m sure other ministers are also working hard behind the scenes.I have high hopes from SMQ as FM.
    Last edited by Arham_PakFan; 25th August 2018 at 20:11.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I don't think the third channel is for youth sports .. seems to me he is talking about a channel that airs cartoons, kids shows and science program. That is my interpretation.
    I think you're right. I interpreted it as sports because he was talking about sports before that.
    @Abdullah719

Please update the title and post.

It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.
    ― Imran Khan

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    Probably the second reason.

I’m sure other ministers are also working hard behind the scenes.I have high hopes from SMQ as FM.
    I saw SMQ's press conference yesterday and man I was impressed. That guy can speak. If he wasn't a fuedal lord who was involved in a few shady things in his past I would not have minded him as PTI leader once IK steps down

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Two channels for sports is a great idea, and they should look to expand it to 3-5 in the future.

Having a cricket dedicated channel will allow more TV coverage of domestic cricket too, while a dedicated sports channel will mean there will be more coverage of things like Hockey, Football, Squash, Kabaddi, etc, things that have been largely neglected.

IMO, they should brand it as PTV Sports 1 and PTV Sports 2, and make it HD.

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1292 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Good stuff.

Hope the quality is dealt with as well.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1009 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Good move. Please invest in new cameras. PTV coverage is still stuck in the 80s.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Good move. Please invest in new cameras. PTV coverage is still stuck in the 80s.
    i am sure they will do it.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have watched PTV news in last couple of weeks.

One thing I have noticed, unlike other news channels, PTV news anchors are not yelling out the news while anaik wala jin music playing in the back ground, they read out the news in calm voice with minimal background music.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    516 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slipcatch View Post

One thing I have noticed, unlike other news channels, PTV news anchors are not yelling out the news while anaik wala jin music playing in the back ground, they read out the news in calm voice with minimal background music.
    It's same with govn owned channels in India, Doordarshan as it is called, no yelling just news.
    Its old style nowadays inthis era of 24 hr breaking news.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    516 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This is good, but again enable other sports channels..so if ever IK is not there private investments are there ,PTV isn't having Monopoly with medicore coverage.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

That's the type of news that most of us grew up with. Heck I remember during the nineties we had one 6pm Khabarnama in English and the main 9 pm Khabarnama in Urdu on the ONE news channel that was available. No blaring headlines, no breaking news for every little thing, no red flashing screens, no music. Just sophisticated straight forward news. I miss those days.

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    413 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good news. DTH system should be introduced as well. This 240p coverage is making me sick.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the type of news that most of us grew up with. Heck I remember during the nineties we had one 6pm Khabarnama in English and the main 9 pm Khabarnama in Urdu on the ONE news channel that was available. No blaring headlines, no breaking news for every little thing, no red flashing screens, no music. Just sophisticated straight forward news. I miss those days.
    Yea! I remember those days. Now breaking news is repeated 1000 times within in a minute, same words over and over in annoying yelling voice with sunsani khes music

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yea! I remember those days. Now breaking news is repeated 1000 times within in a minute, same words over and over in annoying yelling voice with sunsani khes music
    They have breaking news for even burst pipes or traffic jams and GEO and Samaa are the worst offenders.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I saw SMQ's press conference yesterday and man I was impressed. That guy can speak. If he wasn't a fuedal lord who was involved in a few shady things in his past I would not have minded him as PTI leader once IK steps down
    Agreed, but has he lost his feudal mentality and if he has, he may still have a chance.

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Dr. Noman Niaz still heading PTV sports? No amount of rebranding is enough as long as he is producing those cringe worthy promos on ptv sports. Hope they hire some professional marketing people.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1292 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin Chacha View Post
    Is Dr. Noman Niaz still heading PTV sports? No amount of rebranding is enough as long as he is producing those cringe worthy promos on ptv sports. Hope they hire some professional marketing people.
    Hopefully we'll have fewer of these in future.

--------------------------------------------------

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

Noman Niaz has won me over. Hope they make him the head of marketing for life.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

Indescribable orgy of slaughter. @shaz619

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They should work on PTV app, live streaming and youtube channel. Nobody has time for TV these days, except for old retired folks.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Instead of creating more channels and thus creating a new generation of couch potatoes they should concentrate on creating gyms ,parks, and playgrounds where active lifestyle can be promoted. The government shouldn't be in the business of TV/radio as it's just a waste of tax payer money and in Pakistan will always be seen as a government mouthpiece.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
    Instead of creating more channels and thus creating a new generation of couch potatoes they should concentrate on creating gyms ,parks, and playgrounds where active lifestyle can be promoted. The government shouldn't be in the business of TV/radio as it's just a waste of tax payer money and in Pakistan will always be seen as a government mouthpiece.
    No reason they cannot do both.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1292 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gollum View Post

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    No reason they cannot do both.
    Just have one PTV channel that is autonomous in terms of editorial control and that's about it. Privatize the rest of the channels as I doubt they can break-even and end up just costing the tax-payers. In Canada they have one official TV and Radio channel funded by the federal government. The rest are from provincial/local government for the regions.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be fair, the hawk-eye one was a joke IIRC.

The others are cringe-worthy .

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4557 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
    Indescribable orgy of slaughter. @shaz619
    The Ultimate Warrior is still alive after all, looks like he works behind the scenes for PTV Sports @Hitman @Markhor

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    It's same with govn owned channels in India, Doordarshan as it is called, no yelling just news.
    Its old style nowadays inthis era of 24 hr breaking news.
    I remember watching He Man on Doordarshan in the 80's lol

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    And his constant interruptions during Game on hai are just stupid..also I hope they get rid of Rashid "my cat died" latif..we really need some younger proper sports journalists plz...rather than twenty ex players sitting next to Dr sahib who just shows off with his stupid stats etc..

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    And his constant interruptions during Game on hai are just stupid..also I hope they get rid of Rashid "my cat died" latif..we really need some younger proper sports journalists plz...rather than twenty ex players sitting next to Dr sahib who just shows off with his stupid stats etc..
    Game on hai can be a much better show if it is hosted by someone else and is conducted a little more formally. Right now it is like Dr.sb and his favorite former player buddies chatting in their drawing room without any concern for what is appropriate to say on national television. It is especially painful when Dr. sb is able to trap some unfortunate foreign player and torture him with his stupid vocabulary and stats. Unfortunately, given its popularity among the masses I really don't see it being hosted by anyone else.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rather than bringing out more PTV channels, they should actually upgrade all their equipment first. They still seem to be stuck in the 70's.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Game on hai can be a much better show if it is hosted by someone else and is conducted a little more formally. Right now it is like Dr.sb and his favorite former player buddies chatting in their drawing room without any concern for what is appropriate to say on national television. It is especially painful when Dr. sb is able to trap some unfortunate foreign player and torture him with his stupid vocabulary and stats. Unfortunately, given its popularity among the masses I really don't see it being hosted by anyone else.
    cringe worthy when a foreign player gets snared in the dr's trap. His vocabulary is annoying. Why cant they just copy a foreign station like sky or another one? I mean cmon... I dont want to hear rashid latifs droning tones again and again and their stupid in jokes..

the lack of analysis is striking at times..They should give him another show called the dr and friends and start a whole new programme for top level analysis!!

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    cringe worthy when a foreign player gets snared in the dr's trap. His vocabulary is annoying. Why cant they just copy a foreign station like sky or another one? I mean cmon... I dont want to hear rashid latifs droning tones again and again and their stupid in jokes..

the lack of analysis is striking at times..They should give him another show called the dr and friends and start a whole new programme for top level analysis!!
    Another annoying part.... they keep harping for selection of "seniors" like Hafeez.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about the non-stop,repetitive, annoying commercials?

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is literally no structure to the show. They just talk about topics as they come into their head which often means there is no connection between the various topics they cover.

Also, Niaz likes to "show off" his memorisation skills and starts spouting random numbers/trivia facts from yesteryear, which literally adds nothing to the show.

They also need to stop massaging one another's ego and actually talk about the topic at hand.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    There is literally no structure to the show. They just talk about topics as they come into their head which often means there is no connection between the various topics they cover.

Also, Niaz likes to "show off" his memorisation skills and starts spouting random numbers/trivia facts from yesteryear, which literally adds nothing to the show.

They also need to stop massaging one another's ego and actually talk about the topic at hand.
    That show automatically becomes more watchable and professional whenever Altamash Jiva hosts the program. Lol in fact on the rare occasions when Akhtar hosts the program or even Mohd Wasim, it looks more organized.

Nauman Niaz is very unwatchable

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I mean the show just starts with Dr sahib and ends with dr sahib..his urdish is annoying, his constant interruptions, the going off topic,..i mean comon..the lack of use of technology is also annoying. If you want to spend some money do it on the set and the technology..and get some proper sports journalists to host..I would like to see some younger hosts combined with a more experienced host say an ex player who has good insight..and the third can be a guest host..thats all you need..

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Public News is a breath of fresh air.... their news coverage reminds of PTV of old. No blaring headlines, no obnoxious background music, no screaming newscasters repeating the same thing over and over again. I have not followed their political shows, just their news coverage and seems better than everything else out there.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please start with HD coverage

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post

The show literally starts with Niaz spouting off stats for ten minutes and then introducing his guests.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1292 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think if they can get HD ready in time on PTV for the 100 years centenary celebrations of independence on 14th August 2047 and broadcast the live speech by Prime Minister M. Hafeez, that itself will be pretty impressive.

"Lack of Form is Temporary, Lack of Class is Permanent" -- dedicated to The Honorable Professor.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Majid Khan View Post
    I think if they can get HD ready in time on PTV for the 100 years centenary celebrations of independence on 14th August 2047 and broadcast the live speech by Prime Minister M. Hafeez, that itself will be pretty impressive.
    I think being an integral part of the team plus being the PM would be too much, even for the Professor.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

That is great news! We will finally be able to see the ball on our screens

― Imran Khan

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    All PTV channels to be made HD through Chinese financial and technical help.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadBall View Post
    I think being an integral part of the team plus being the PM would be too much, even for the Professor.
    Yes forgot that actually, in 2047 the chances are Hafeez will still be scoring big 100s for the Pakistan cricket team, especially if Hong Kong, Denmark and Argentina get their test status.
    Last edited by Majid Khan; 15th September 2018 at 13:42.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeedhk View Post
    The quality of shows and production on PTV Sports also needs to be improved A LOT. Otherwise, we will get the pleasure of watching all of Dr Nauman's advertisements in HD!

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats great but how will see the HD channels when there is no DTH in Pakistan?!

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeedhk View Post
    Yar cant we do something on our own..

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5095 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Thats great but how will see the HD channels when there is no DTH in Pakistan?!
    I have heard that PTCL will be launching a new Smart HD TV box soon.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    I have heard that PTCL will be launching a new Smart HD TV box soon.
    Thankgod!

I hope it has EPL, CL football as well.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5095 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Thankgod!

I hope it has EPL, CL football as well.
    Will take the rumor with a pinch of salt. They can't even provide decent internet service.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Looool indescribable orgy of slaughter always gets me

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's gotta be that doctor saab

"Peace is only made with the powerful"

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1292 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)