Feb 2018
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When are we releasing these old TTFs? Enough of Wahab and Irfan. And no to Malik and Hafeez as well please. Stick with youngsters come what may.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I dont believe we have fans who back him.
    Worst run-up ,action and release.
    Only good for robbing some youngsters of valuable international experience.

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed216 View Post
    I dont believe we have fans who back him.
    Worst run-up ,action and release.
    Only good for robbing some youngsters of valuable international experience.
    Trust me there are many on here that back him.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post

Good for him. Unlike Amir he did make himself available for Pakistan for a very long period of time and only recently retired from tests which is fine as he is on the last phase of his career.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good stuff in the BPL, but I hope we never have to see him play for Pakistan again

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    What exactly went bad for his bowling in Tests - only he can explain but he should have made much more out of his Test career than he ended up doing.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Bury
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    What exactly went bad for his bowling in Tests - only he can explain but he should have made much more out of his Test career than he ended up doing.
    I think there was some issue between 2010-2012 when he hardly played. I don’t know if it was the issue with the sun newspaper having a clip of him wearing the jacket of the fixer or simply the fact that the coach at the time, waqar didn’t like his one dimensional bowling but he lost out in crucial years.

Anyway is and always was one dimensional which is a shame. Whole hearted player though.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Wahab Riaz speaking at the PZ media session

"Whoever plays cricket goes through ups and downs. I don't get scared, I take everything as a challenge. Until I have life in me and the junoon to play for Pakistan, I will make comebacks and perform when I get a chance.

"It's good to be the leading wicket-taker, but it brings pressure too. It gives you responsibility as well. I will try to work even harder and take more wickets and take my team win."

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Please concentrate on franchise T20 leagues all around the world and leave Pakistan cricket alone and take Amir with you.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He and Mohammad sami are quiet a mystery. Both of them used to clock 145 to 150k effortlessly something we rave about now from any bowler. But never had the smarts to use it effectively.

Debut
    Oct 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This PCB mafia favorite Wahab Riaz has cost Usman Shinwari 1 and Junaid Khan 2 World Cups, as Wahab had average skills, less passion but more backing ensured he is preferred above Junaid. After sucking blood of Pakistan national side with his mediocre bowling and destroying careers, he made shameful decision to retire from Tests to play T20 leagues and continue to keep an eye on place in the ODI and T20 team of Pakistan to destroy chances of Pakistan in the next World Cup.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    He and Mohammad sami are quiet a mystery. Both of them used to clock 145 to 150k effortlessly something we rave about now from any bowler. But never had the smarts to use it effectively.
    Wahab has been great in T20 for last two years,I read this stats on skysports since 2018 he has got the lowest economy in the death overs(international + others).

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2296 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZamanFan View Post
    This PCB mafia favorite Wahab Riaz has cost Usman Shinwari 1 and Junaid Khan 2 World Cups, as Wahab had average skills, less passion but more backing ensured he is preferred above Junaid. After sucking blood of Pakistan national side with his mediocre bowling and destroying careers, he made shameful decision to retire from Tests to play T20 leagues and continue to keep an eye on place in the ODI and T20 team of Pakistan to destroy chances of Pakistan in the next World Cup.
    Pardon?

Wahab Riaz lit up two World Cups with superb performances, which is why here in Australia he is the most admired and respected Pakistan cricketer of the last 20 years.

In 2011 he took a 5 wicket bag in a World Cup semi-final v India in India.

In 2015 he bowled the most electrifying World Cup spell since Shane Bond in a World Cup quarter-final v Australia in Australia.

I think a lot of Pakistanis need to learn to show Wahab Riaz the respect he deserves. In 99% of cases he has achieved more than they ever will.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZamanFan View Post
    you need to learn basics of cricket. He was the best bowler in both the 50 overs world cup.Junaid is just trash and way too mediocre with zero skills.Wahab is most passionate cricketer I have ever seen.You know nothing about cricket.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    Wahab has been great in T20 for last two years,I read this stats on skysports since 2018 he has got the lowest economy in the death overs(international + others).
    yeah so true.He has been wonderful in t20s of late.He bowls those Yorkers regularly slower balls and everything and he has been the best pacer in PSL.He should definitely be part of world t20 this year.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    Don't know about T20. But in ODI whenever i see him he gets thrashed around. May be his record against top teams are very poor?

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Don't know about T20. But in ODI whenever i see him he gets thrashed around. May be his record against top teams are very poor?
    Did well in all ICC ODI events(minus 2017 CT match against India) he has played so that counts a lot. Was never great in JAMODIs

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Bury
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Because with the big bats we have these days speed doesnít matter. Sure 150/155kph is hard to react against but 140/145kph which is express most bowlers average speed is pretty manageable on slow tracks. Plus edges fly to boundary faster takes pressure off.

The Sami and Wahabs of this work could do with showing more control and make the batsmen play rather than fly the ball past them.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take care of your heart than
    Because from last 5 years it is only growing because of sitting at home for mostly all days

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    first over in PSL 2020 by Wahab Riaz

17 runs, 2 nbs and 1 wide

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats the price of arrogance.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Not looking that hot in his first over vs Karachi Wahab.