Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 66 of 66
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    116,674
    Mentioned
    2074 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

    "All I did was to talk about one or 2 black sheep" : Shoaib Akhtar

    So Shoaib breaks his silence on the Danish Kaneria matter in his latest offering:

    "For the past 2 days, a big controversy has been created around me, and I was listening and watching to all this, and what I wanted to do was to carefully listen and understand what was being said by people, so I was taking my sweet time"

    "So I am going to explain to you why I said that and what was the reason for it"

    "The reason I launched my YouTube channel was that, apart from entertainment and cricket talk, I talk about and preach things that bring improvement to the society"

    "There is an unwritten contract in the team culture which says that we will respect each other, but some hesitation was shown from the side of the players (to implement this); This is not the code of conduct of our team"

    "This is due to one or two players, and such one or two players exist everywhere (all teams)"

    "As a product of this society, I decided to deal with the problem then and that's why I said sternly that I will throw you out if you talk like that"

    "And to back me up, I had another companion (team mate?) who said what Shoaib is saying is correct and you must not say/do such things"

    "As you may remember, Pakistan was fighting against extremism and this is about 15 years ago, and extremism had gone beyond all control"

    "At that time we had made up our minds to look after and respect each other"

    "You should all appreciate the fact that Shoaib Akhtar snubbed the issue at that point"

    "As a nation we suppressed this vile thing right at that time"

    "We did not let this sort of behaviour continue and as you know as a society we have improved a lot in the last 10-15 years"

    "We have started to give each other more space and the biggest example of that, is that our PM has opened up the Kartarpur corridor"

    "Reason that has been done is to open up places of worship for all races/creeds/sects"

    "There are such players everywhere in the world who pass racist comments"

    "I am hoping that religious tourism opens and there is even a place of worship for Hindus in Kashmir that the PM Sahib would like to open up as well"

    "The reason I said 'that' was not to say that the culture of our country is like where we discriminate against people"

    "And most discriminatory remarks are made against Muslims, and most of the time Muslims are given harsh treatment"

    "All I did was to talk about one or 2 black sheep that could be found in India or Pakistan or England or Holland - anywhere in the world"

    "We dont want others to suffer in the way we are being treated, and I am talking about something that happened 15 years ago and you should all be happy that myself and one or 2 people like me snubbed this sort of thinking as they wanted to make sure that such a culture does not come into our team"

    "People tried to make this into a matter of religion and to politicize this"

    "This is all very childish and childlike behaviour - we are coming to 2020, and this is not 1920 where you can instigate a religious war by making up news; People have become much wiser now"

    "I dont think what I said was wrong, what I said was that some guys had said this and I snubbed them and said I would throw them out if they said this again"

    "Reason I said that was Danish had won many games for Pakistan and he should have been given credit for that"

    "Pakistan never discriminated and threw Danish Kaneria out, if he was removed from cricket, it was due to the ECB"

    "Pakistan never threw him out or banned him, he had a match fixing issue which the ECB raised and then they punished him and this would be wrong to say that Pakistan was unfair to him"

    "Whatever I said about Danish Kaneria, I stand by that statement"

    "I will never back down from that and nor am I who backs down from such things"


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #2
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    15,024
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why can't he just shut up for once

  3. #3
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    1,044
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Why can't he just shut up for once
    $$$$$

  4. #4
    Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    704
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Why can't he just shut up for once
    Agree, the guy is a complete embarrassment

  5. #5
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    4,333
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Sounds like he has become enlightened. Respect.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    1,058
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what a clown.

    He know he messed up by making up things to get few likes and can't figure out a way get out of this mess without looking like a clown.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    54
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like he has found his conscience. To keep it this time, he must name these individuals. If he doesn't, he is tarnishing the team of that time with serious allegations.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Mar 2009
    Venue
    UK England
    Runs
    2,932
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shoaib is back tracking on what he said. What a *****. He’s full of rubbish.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    3,691
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    "This is all very childish and childlike behaviour - we are coming to 2020, and this is not 1920 where you can instigate a religious war by making up news; People have become much wiser now"
    Ha! Wishful thinking.

    People are as hateful as ever. And thus shall it remain until the end of times!

    Don't like someone? Say he disrespected Prophet PBUH and watch his/her life turn into hell.

    Centuries ago people in Europe used to accuse others of witchcraft and the victims were literally burnt alive
    Heck, only around 500 years ago, In Paris/France, people accused others of being a Muslim spy if they saw them taking a bath on Fridays or cleaning themselves

    And we have the obvious case of India. Where people without proper bathrooms are celebrating cuz their Muslim neighbors are suffering.

    Even in this very forum, we have supposedly "eDuCaTeD" persons spitting hate non-stop. There be "wise" people with hearts darker than charcoal.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    74,186
    Mentioned
    1657 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Just does not know when to give it a rest.

    The hole he is digging for himself just keeps on getting bigger.



  11. #11
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    54
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just listened to his bakwaas. He is being evasive now and doesn't have the spine to back up his claims. This is the same guy who used to say that India doesn't produce fast bowlers because they don't eat meat. Once India started to pump money into cricket and make billions in the betting market while the common man was languishing in the slums, the same Akhtar started saying that sabzi and daal are the best diet for an athlete. I despise opportunists like him. In an interview with Hafeez on his channel, he admitted that a lot of controversial stuff in his book was part of a huge publicity stunt and that the main thing was that the book sold thousands of copies in no time making him tons of money. Most of his videos revolve around sucking upto India, begging PCB for a job and slagging Misbah off . What a loser.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    2,409
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scared of the real trouble to be caused.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    121
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have stated this before but Shoaib and Kaneria are both proven unreliable narrators. Both have been historically proven to lie. Shoaib numerous times and Kaneria for 7 years regarding match fixing. Shoaib Akhtar did not get the nickname Shoaib actor for no reason. He is a narcissist. He never is at fault according to him and even when he tells stories to showcase his “shortcomings” it’s only to garner sympathy for him. If Zahid did not get unfit Shoaib would have never said zahid was faster than me oh so sad his career was over so soon, he would have instead made of stories that the speed guns which worked well always showed that the fastest bowler was himself.

    Gira hua Insaan hai who licks the boot on YouTube of Indian players to get YouTube subscribers , likes and comments. Just imagine his ego when he reads those Indian comments worshipping him. My goodness.

    He is such a hypocrite. Blames sarfraz then when he is sacked blames pcb for sacking him. Says Afridi is making up stories in his book then invites Afridi to his YouTube and tells him tu bara sacha insaan hai. He hits Mohammad Asif with the bat but now says oh mistake tha I asked him to forgive for ghalti say marne ma but he didn’t. He says mere moon say bad dua nikal gai and now see how low Asif has gone in life . As I said . Gira hua insaan hai

    He has enablers in the form of dr Nauman niaz and Rashid latif who for some reason tolerate him and egg him on.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    26,364
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Mr. Actor, I dare you to even name those 1-2 players, although you pretty much impleied in your earlier statement that the issue was with almost the whole team, including a captain as well!
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 29th December 2019 at 12:03.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    40
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PCB should take legal against him. He must provide evidence or publicly apologize.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    26,364
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertugrul_Bey View Post
    PCB should take legal against him. He must provide evidence or publicly apologize.


    Exactly, this is the only way to shut up such a low class person and a habitual liar...hit them where it hurts the most i.e. ban his appearence in Pak related matches and fine the hec.k out of this shod.a

  17. #17
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    3,378
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Akhtar, you are full of rubbish. You thought you could get away with making up bakwas and now it has come back to bite you. Tell me shoaib, was it one or two black sheeps? you seem to be even unsure of your own lie LOL

    Have some sharm, you besharam sellout.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    33,387
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    People who think minorities are not discriminated in Pakistani Society and subject to such treatment are living in cuckoo land

  19. #19
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    116,674
    Mentioned
    2074 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    People who think minorities are not discriminated in Pakistani Society and subject to such treatment are living in cuckoo land
    Discriminated against in every society so nothing new there but Akhtar made specific allegations - they need to be investigated and put to bed.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  20. #20
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    536
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoiled the name of Pakistan cricket for years during his playing days. Just continuing the same legacy.

    Sometimes It think he is superior version of Umar Akmal.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    525
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why does anyone take Shoaib seriously?
    He is like that chacha who latches onto people and bores them with old nostalgia stories in family gathering
    In one ear and out the other

  22. #22
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    15,024
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just look at his trollish grin in the video. He's very well aware of the kind of damage he has done, just to feel good about himself and get some views on his channel.

    Waqayi, this man will stoop to any level. Someone like Rashid Latif should really distance himself from the likes of Akhtar and that intellectually challenged Indian apologist Nauman Niaz.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    74,186
    Mentioned
    1657 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertugrul_Bey View Post
    PCB should take legal against him. He must provide evidence or publicly apologize.
    PCB has already washed their hands of it as expected and said Akhtar isn't a contracted player and they are his views.



  24. #24
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    24,940
    Mentioned
    1322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    @Saj when you opening your own YouTube channel?

  25. #25
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    116,674
    Mentioned
    2074 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    PCB has already washed their hands of it as expected and said Akhtar isn't a contracted player and they are his views.
    Issue is that its effecting reputation of Pakistan cricket - they need to make some comment - even if its to say that they have a zero tolerance policy and the views of these ex players are their own etc


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  26. #26
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    19,438
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Shoaib Akhtar in his YouTube channel is such a FIGJAM.

    I watch his videos just for pure entertainment.


    Have some Sehwag in your life.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    37,543
    Mentioned
    1642 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Shoaib Akhtar Says Comments On Danish Kaneria Taken "Completely Out Of Context"


    Former Pakistan pacer Shoaib Akhtar has clarified his statement regarding Danish Kaneria, saying his allegation that many did not want the former leg-spinner to be part of the Pakistan team because of his Hindu faith were taken completely out of context and there was never a culture in the team to discriminate anybody on the basis of race.

    On Thursday, Akhtar had alleged that there were many who did not want Kaneria to be part of the Pakistan team because of his Hindu faith following which the banned Test leg-spinner stated that there were a 'few players' who targeted him, but he was never pressurised to change his religion.

    On Saturday, former skipper Inzamam-ul-Haq said he never felt any such thing when Kaneria played under him.

    "I watched the mess that was made of my statement, which was taken completely out of context," Akhtar said in a tweet with a video on his YouTube channel where he went on to say that 1-2 players in the team did pass racist comments on Kaneria, but it was never encouraged by the team members and was nipped in the bud.

    "There is unwritten contract that we got to respect every player no matter what. But there was some hesitation shown by a few players. This is not our team's code of conduct. This is just 1-2 players' and there are these kinds of players all over the world who pass racist comments," he said.

    "We, as a society, should realise that this should be nipped from the bud. I am a product of this society and I did that. I had told them I will throw you out if you talk like this (about Kaneria's faith). Because this is not our culture."

    "We as a nation did not let such discriminatory thoughts prevail. We stopped it there. We have improved a lot as a society in the last 10-15 years."

    Lauding Kaneria, Akhtar said: "Danish has helped Pakistan win a lot of matches. Danish has played for Pakistan for 10 years. He was played over Mushtaq Ahmed. I still feel he should have been played two years earlier."

    Kaneria on Saturday made fresh allegations against the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) and the government saying that he was not offered any help after being banned from the sport.

    Kaneria, who has played 61 Tests for Pakistan claiming 261 wickets, was banned for life from any cricket under the jurisdiction of the England and Wales cricket Board (ECB) after being found guilty of corruption by a disciplinary panel in relation to the spot-fixing case involving Mervyn Westfield.

    Taking to Twitter, Kaneria had said on Saturday: "It is a fact that I didn't get any support from the Pakistan government or the board after the ban and my acceptance, whereas other players in similar situation play for Pakistan with support from the PCB and are honoured. Any drawn conclusion on this matter would prove Shoaib Akhtar claim as right."

    Akhtar added that he was banned by the ECB and never Pakistan based on his religion. "Danish Kaneria was never left out (of the team) by Pakistan. He was dropped because of the ECB. He had a match-fixing issue and the ECB penalised him for that. Pakistan did no wrong with him."

    https://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/shoa...ontext-2155816


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  28. #28
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    74,186
    Mentioned
    1657 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    @Saj when you opening your own YouTube channel?
    Twitter is enough for me.

    It's got to the stage now where I rarely read my replies



  29. #29
    Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    4,896
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So basically he said it because he wanted views and now as he is getting called out for it he's backtracking

  30. #30
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    13,178
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He better start working on some actual cricket content rather than sensitive issues and controversies to get more subscribers because you cant create something every week without exaggeration or sometimes creating things which never existed. He will only hurt his whatever repo he has.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Jun 2016
    Venue
    Los Angeles, CA
    Runs
    346
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Issue is that its effecting reputation of Pakistan cricket - they need to make some comment - even if its to say that they have a zero tolerance policy and the views of these ex players are their own etc
    Moreover this comment was made on a state owned channel and PM is the patron of PCB so some action should be taken against Shoaib and Dr. Niaz.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    54
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely. His channel is just about controversy, celebrity interviews, India, Kohli, begging PCB for a job and criticising Misbah. Very predictable. You became a star because of Pakistan and now you're back stabbing the same country everyday. How does that work?

  33. #33
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    284
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    @Saj when you opening your own YouTube channel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Twitter is enough for me.

    It's got to the stage now where I rarely read my replies
    Pakpassion should have their own YT channel with some real cricket analysis (You should really look into it)...

  34. #34
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    74,186
    Mentioned
    1657 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    PTV seems to have some control or hold over the PCB. Their employees seem to get away with all sorts of nonsense.

    In fact one of their employees was mocking Wasim Khan's accent, yet nothing was done.



  35. #35
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    4,975
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He needs to let the public know who are those black sheep that he was talking about?

  36. #36
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    74,186
    Mentioned
    1657 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanisgreat View Post
    He needs to let the public know who are those black sheep that he was talking about?
    It has to be, if true, someone well-known and senior. If it wasn't, then he would have named them by now.

    But there again, it could be his imagination talking.



  37. #37
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    4,975
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    It has to be, if true, someone well-known and senior. If it wasn't, then he would have named them by now.

    But there again, it could be his imagination talking.
    agree with you but i doubt that he would that.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    40
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is something call “Defamation”, PCB must take him to account since it was pure slander and goal was to get more views from India.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    74,186
    Mentioned
    1657 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertugrul_Bey View Post
    There is something call “Defamation”, PCB must take him to account since it was pure slander and goal was to get more views from India.
    Anything goes in Pakistan I'm afraid.

    How many times have we heard of people threatening legal action and nothing happens.

    People threaten to sue others, nothing happens. It's a free-for-all.
    Last edited by Saj; 29th December 2019 at 21:05.



  40. #40
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    262
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I already said in another thread that Shoaib is a coward. He knows exactly that everything he said was crap, and now he knows he has messed up.

    He is now trying to clean himself up, by bringing irrevelant things into the topic. Firstly, he says Kaneria was discriminated to the point where Pakistani players were refusing to eat with him. Today, he is saying Pakistan never discriminated Kaneria based on his religion.

    A shameless person who has unfortunately become addicted to begging, whether it's money, attention, or forgiveness in this case.


  41. #41
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    284
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    PTV seems to have some control or hold over the PCB. Their employees seem to get away with all sorts of nonsense.

    In fact one of their employees was mocking Wasim Khan's accent, yet nothing was done.
    Dr. show off from PTV needs to chill out little bit, he thinks he knows more than anyone else. Funny thing is, he always give all type of suggestions to PCB how to solve the problem and he himself could't do jack for PTV sports. He should follow his own advice and resign from PTV sports then he will have more credibility.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    40
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Anything goes in Pakistan I'm afraid.

    How many times have we heard of people threatening legal action and nothing happens.

    People threaten to sue others, nothing happens. It's a free-for-all.
    I get it but the timing of his comments is very inappropriate/insensitive and has further endorsed BJP/RSS agenda to isolate and punish Muslims. His comments are making rounds on all Indian channels and are being used to portray Pak as intolerant state for its own minorities.

    This isn’t the first time Akhar has sling mud on his teammates. He constantly talks about match fixing but didn’t have courage to report it to ICC at the time. I see his craving for attention at any cost and don’t think he will stop until someone takes him to court.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Poland
    Runs
    639
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Respect for Shoaib Akhtar who wants to improve society and kicks for those who are just using his good intentions to create controversies.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    54
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Respect for Shoaib Akhtar who wants to improve society and kicks for those who are just using his good intentions to create controversies.
    I think the whole world respected him when he said that Tendulkar would wet himself when facing him. Very brave of Akhtar. Respect for him for taking on Indian media.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    26,364
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadeem98 View Post
    I think the whole world respected him when he said that Tendulkar would wet himself when facing him. Very brave of Akhtar. Respect for him for taking on Indian media.


    Exactly, Indians will do anything if it means shedding bad light on Pakistan in some way
    Last edited by MenInG; 30th December 2019 at 11:14.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    10,217
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shoaib just wanted cheap publicity. He should have exposed fascism behind closed doors instead of making a video on it where he accepts that it was a sporadic incident. Now India is using his comments to deflect it from what is happening in their own country. Not denying that there may be some anti Hindu feeling amongst certain Pak players which happens everywhere. Just coz an anti Muslim comment is made in the west does not mean the whole continent is killing Muslim people. Now years after this incident taking place he speaks about it to make headlines.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Runs
    1,040
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok I have seen the show when he made his original remarks and seen his reply on his YouTube channel. Can someone please tell me exactly how is he back tracking? He mentions the incident on. Game on hai , were he cited a convo with someone , then on his YouTube channel he states he stands by what he has said, he was referring to behaviour of one or two players not the whole Pakistan team.

    To be honest I believe what he is saying, politics and liking disliking have been apart of Pakistan cricket for decades. We have ruined more players in the dressing room
    Then on the field.

  48. #48
    Debut
    May 2006
    Runs
    3,375
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So initially he made comments suggesting widespread discrimination to get a lot of views. Now he's making a video significantly downplaying and watering down those claims, again to get a lot of views. Somebody should learn here how to make something out of nothing to get a lot of views and free advertising $$$.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Poland
    Runs
    639
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadeem98 View Post
    I think the whole world respected him when he said that Tendulkar would wet himself when facing him. Very brave of Akhtar. Respect for him for taking on Indian media.
    With the speed Akhtar bowled any batsman wouldn't have liked to face him. The matter here is totally different. Why not let him speak, if he is raising an important issue.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes me Vomit that he was considered my Hero in his playing days -Not even from nationalistic point of view but this guy is just joke and creep wholly as a person..

  51. #51
    Debut
    May 2006
    Runs
    3,375
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by azimiqbal View Post
    Can someone please tell me exactly how is he back tracking? He mentions the incident on. Game on hai , were he cited a convo with someone , then on his YouTube channel he states he stands by what he has said, he was referring to behaviour of one or two players not the whole Pakistan team.
    If you look beyond "I stand behind what I said" and actually look at the meat of his earlier comments, he suggested something more widespread and coming from higher-ups. He isn't exactly back-tracking, but he is downplaying it significantly and watering down the claims significantly.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    2,122
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shoaib Akhtar was just stirring the pot to get attention.
    Last edited by Saj; 31st December 2019 at 02:22.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    74,186
    Mentioned
    1657 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Akhtar needs to be careful.

    He's annoying a number of people in Pakistan and things he is saying could come back to haunt him.

    As one player said to me "people have a lot of dirt on Shoaib Akhtar and he shouldn't forget that".



  54. #54
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    24,940
    Mentioned
    1322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsan17 View Post
    So initially he made comments suggesting widespread discrimination to get a lot of views. Now he's making a video significantly downplaying and watering down those claims, again to get a lot of views. Somebody should learn here how to make something out of nothing to get a lot of views and free advertising $$$.
    He never said there was wide spread discrimination

    He said one or 2 people said why is he eating with same utensils as us.

    Shoaib has been consistent here but he didn’t explain himself the first time and it seemed like a throwaway comment

  55. #55
    Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    2,819
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Initially, his comments might have been genuine and I think it’s great that this news broke out so that we can talk about religious discrimination in PCB. However, Shoaib is now over-doing it in my opinion.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    2,819
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Akhtar needs to be careful.

    He's annoying a number of people in Pakistan and things he is saying could come back to haunt him.

    As one player said to me "people have a lot of dirt on Shoaib Akhtar and he shouldn't forget that".
    Ugh. Can’t wait for another cricketer to make a Youtube channel and ”expose” Shoaib Akhtar for some easy $$$.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Aug 2019
    Runs
    1,058
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamM97 View Post
    Initially, his comments might have been genuine and I think it’s great that this news broke out so that we can talk about religious discrimination in PCB. However, Shoaib is now over-doing it in my opinion.
    No! Had there was any truth to it then both would have taken names, especially Dinesh, he is desperate.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    262
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The timing of his statement gave lot of advantage to BJP. BJP brought this CAA to give citizenship to pakistani hindus , sikhs etc., excluding muslims. Many questioned why no muslims ?

    BJP said 'well they r well off in those 3 countries and only hindus r made to suffer' , at the same time shoaib made this statement. this gave advantage to BJP and their paid media and attacked anti-CAA guys in India.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    74,186
    Mentioned
    1657 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kk1992 View Post
    No! Had there was any truth to it then both would have taken names, especially Dinesh, he is desperate.
    Depends on who it is, if it's anyone at all.

    If it was powerful former players they won't name them, but if it was a nobody they would have said his name by now.



  60. #60
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    297
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Depends on who it is, if it's anyone at all.

    If it was powerful former players they won't name them, but if it was a nobody they would have said his name by now.
    I would have to disagree. If it was powerful players and he had even the slightest proof or other witnesses then he would have rushed to name them. Because it would guarantee huge publicity.

    But yes, if it was smaller players he would be even quicker to name, without anything other than his words.

    The fact that he hasn’t given names makes it obvious he doesn’t have any names to give.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    116,674
    Mentioned
    2074 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum363 View Post
    I would have to disagree. If it was powerful players and he had even the slightest proof or other witnesses then he would have rushed to name them. Because it would guarantee huge publicity.

    But yes, if it was smaller players he would be even quicker to name, without anything other than his words.

    The fact that he hasn’t given names makes it obvious he doesn’t have any names to give.
    You know when you say something and regret it - then try hard to explain and hope people wouldnt have noticed it? This is what has happened to Akhtar Bhai


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  62. #62
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    74,186
    Mentioned
    1657 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    I would have to disagree. If it was powerful players and he had even the slightest proof or other witnesses then he would have rushed to name them. Because it would guarantee huge publicity.
    He wouldn't dare do that.



  63. #63
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    297
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    You know when you say something and regret it - then try hard to explain and hope people wouldnt have noticed it? This is what has happened to Akhtar Bhai
    Yes exactly.

    He’s churning out videos daily, and I’m guessing a lot of them are unscripted. He knows the general formulae and mentions some opinions and exaggerates things. He did not expect this to end up getting so much attention.

    Generally the rule is that no publicity is bad publicity and that is certainly true here if he gets extra YouTube views (=more money). However by Indian media picking this up and using it as anti-pak ammunition is such a hostile political environment, Akhtar knows he’s screwed up a bit.

  64. #64
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    116,674
    Mentioned
    2074 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum363 View Post
    Yes exactly.

    He’s churning out videos daily, and I’m guessing a lot of them are unscripted. He knows the general formulae and mentions some opinions and exaggerates things. He did not expect this to end up getting so much attention.

    Generally the rule is that no publicity is bad publicity and that is certainly true here if he gets extra YouTube views (=more money). However by Indian media picking this up and using it as anti-pak ammunition is such a hostile political environment, Akhtar knows he’s screwed up a bit.
    He has now moved on to doing Talent Hunts for Pakistan - atonement x 1000


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  65. #65
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    297
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    He wouldn't dare do that.
    Why do you think that is Saj?

    I feel that his YouTube channel has given him a level of autonomy and means he doesn’t have to rely on anyone else (PCB/ tv channels etc).

    Let’s say (purely as an example since he wasnt playing then) - Misbah was the one being racist to Danish. Despite Misbah’s current power and status, Akhtar would be highly tempted to say his name and get publicity etc.

    I know Akhtar isn’t the ‘cleanest’ person himself but a lot of what he did, while in-Islamic, would not cause the same uproar. For example if Misbah replied saying ‘Oh well, I have pictures of Shoaib drinking and partying with girls’. I don’t think it would create many problems for Akhtar.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    297
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    He has now moved on to doing Talent Hunts for Pakistan - atonement x 1000
    I wonder how long before he starts doing those filmed ‘acts of charity’ on the streets of Pakistan.

    Part of me doesn’t blame him, because a person has to earn and if he is happy to get attention like this, then so be it. However he is the reason I got into cricket in the first place (after the 05 England tour to Pak), so it’s sad seeing your hero like this.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •