Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)

PM Imran Khan's helicopter commute costs 50 rupees per kilometer - Fawad Chaudhry

According to the Minister of Disinformation, Mr. Fawad Chaudhry, it costs only 50 rupees per kilometer to travel in a helicopter.

Hats off to the austerity being displayed by our new PM. Can someone please explain which helicopter costs only 50 rupees per kilometer?

I think instead of investing in metro buses, perhaps the new government should provide these helicopters to the public. It will cost less than running the metro and it will also solve the traffic problem.

I am also contemplating investing in this Suzuki helicopter.

Name:  40266611_10155727096655267_6387309177441615872_n.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  14.4 KB

https://dailytimes.com.pk/289390/inf...per-kilometer/

https://arynews.tv/en/pm-travel-heli...awad-chaudhry/

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1572 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Noora phir ro rahay hain

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    According to the Minister of Disinformation, Mr. Fawad Chaudhry, it costs only 50 rupees per kilometer to travel in a helicopter.

Hats off to the austerity being displayed by our new PM. Can someone please explain which helicopter costs only 50 rupees per kilometer?

I think instead of investing in metro buses, perhaps the new government should provide these helicopters to the public. It will cost less than running the metro and it will also solve the traffic problem.

I am also contemplating investing in this Suzuki helicopter.

Name:  40266611_10155727096655267_6387309177441615872_n.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  14.4 KB

https://dailytimes.com.pk/289390/inf...per-kilometer/

https://arynews.tv/en/pm-travel-heli...awad-chaudhry/
    I did some googling and the general idea I get is the fuel cost for heli is 50% -100%more then a regular car.In another thread Syed has mentioned careem cost@43 rupee per km which includes their profit margin so their actual cost comes around 25-30 rs per km so 50 rupee sounds reasonable estimate in my opinion,then while flying by heli it means you are not carrying a protocol of 4-5 cars.Lets say by road the PM takes a protocol of 4 cars then the average cost per km for the entire trip will go up to 25*4 =100 rupees which means the cost of travelling by heli is half to what it is by road.

Of course my calculations are based on google searching so I could be wrong as well but I have a feeling it would not be by much.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1572 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xoib View Post
    I did some googling and the general idea I get is the fuel cost for heli is 50% -100%more then a regular car.In another thread Syed has mentioned careem cost@43 rupee per km which includes their profit margin so their actual cost comes around 25-30 rs per km so 50 rupee sounds reasonable estimate in my opinion,then while flying by heli it means you are not carrying a protocol of 4-5 cars.Lets say by road the PM takes a protocol of 4 cars then the average cost per km for the entire trip will go up to 25*4 =100 rupees which means the cost of travelling by heli is half to what it is by road.

Of course my calculations are based on google searching so I could be wrong as well but I have a feeling it would not be by much.
    Route by helicopter is also smaller, for example see map below

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 388
Size:  64.8 KB

For car you have to follow the road and the route, but for helicopter your route can be a straight line from point A to B, which obviously will be a smaller distance.

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quite absurd if he actually said that.

I wouldn't be surprised though if using a helicopter is saving money overall or at least costing about the same in which case the fuss and time avoided is worth it.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are in for a long haul aren’t we?

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It was an incredibly stupid statement

I'm quite disheartened by all the things happening recently. Maybe I was expecting too much after the incompetence of PML N and PPP. Abysmal federal cabinet, and worse was Usman Buzdar appointment. Even Mahmood Khan was appointed by someone else request, original choice was Atif Khan.

Hopefully they will come with good plans

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    It was an incredibly stupid statement

I'm quite disheartened by all the things happening recently. Maybe I was expecting too much after the incompetence of PML N and PPP. Abysmal federal cabinet, and worse was Usman Buzdar appointment. Even Mahmood Khan was appointed by someone else request, original choice was Atif Khan.

Hopefully they will come with good plans
    Nobody does the "woe is me" routine quite as well as you.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Route by helicopter is also smaller, for example see map below

Views: 388

For car you have to follow the road and the route, but for helicopter your route can be a straight line from point A to B, which obviously will be a smaller distance.
    There’s an idea for a startup. Rent a helicopter. Decent fuel economy, scenic routes and whatnot.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asim_khan View Post
    Nobody does the "woe is me" routine quite as well as you.
    LOL

I'm genuinely disappointed by Usman Buzdar and federal cabinet. I wish JTK gets relief from the court and remove this ****.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1572 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrez Pakistani View Post
    There’s an idea for a startup. Rent a helicopter. Decent fuel economy, scenic routes and whatnot.
    You can try if you have the capital

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    (...)

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I get that you're joking but for the sake of it:

You'll need to buy a helicopter that will probably cost you more than a million dollars. You'll need a licensed pilot, remember that a helicopter is the most difficult vehicle to master and has the toughest license. The pilot will probably demand a salary upwards of 15 lakh a month.

And you actually can rent a helicopter so this isn't such a great idea for a start-up since it already exists.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahdi View Post
    I get that you're joking but for the sake of it:

You'll need to buy a helicopter that will probably cost you more than a million dollars. You'll need a licensed pilot, remember that a helicopter is the most difficult vehicle to master and has the toughest license. The pilot will probably demand a salary upwards of 15 lakh a month.

And you actually can rent a helicopter so this isn't such a great idea for a start-up since it already exists.
    But where else can you buy a helicopter with such a brilliant fuel economy?

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I'll have to ask Fawad Chaudhry

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1572 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Since you seem to have such an idea of what a typical fuel economy for a helicopter of this size looks like, what do you think should have been the per km cost. Now please don't run away, we all need to benefit from your vast and extensive knowledge on this topic.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by enkidu_ View Post
    (...)

I don't think there is anything wrong with using helicopter, it might not be that expensive. The austerity drive of protocol and other expenses was symbolic in nature, to give a positive image but that has been shattered using helicopter(people won't look into the cost, see as a VIP option), buzdaar using private jet & helicopter and DPO incident.

People will start trusting you to give more tax once you start delivering so there was no need of PR gimmick of austerity. PTI has kept a high moral ground, that has become a weakness. PPP and PML N have done worse than this and got away with it.

Nawaz Sharif's food used to be brought on helicopter, and so many other incidents.

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Helicopter Mileage
    Posted on May 20, 2008 by Maria Langer
    Not the most fuel-efficient ride.

I had a conversation with a friend of mine the other day about the fuel burn rate and “mileage” of my helicopter. It’s actually an interesting calculation.

First, consider my “best range” cruise speed. According to Robinson Helicopter Company (RHC), the best cruise speed for a Robinson R44 Raven II is 100 knots or 115 miles per hour.

Now consider the fuel burn rate. RHC claims 14 gallons per hour, but I’m getting closer to 16 these days. When you do the math (115 ÷ 16), you come up with 7.19 miles per gallon.

Now that doesn’t sound very good, but there’s another calculation to do to equate this to car miles. That’s the “straight line” factor — as I like to call it. RHC, in its Operating Costs document, estimates that because a helicopter can fly in a straight line and roads over long distances are seldom straight line routes, each air mile is equal to 1.5 road miles. I think this is pretty reasonable as an average. On certain routes, that number would be smaller while on other routes, it would be much larger. So if you do the math (7.19 x 1.5) you come up with 10.79 miles per gallon.

This isn’t much worse than my redneck truck, which gets about 15 mpg.

Of course, 100LL fuel, which the helicopter burns, costs anywhere from $4.50 to $7.00 per gallon. Regular gasoline, which my truck burns, is currently about $3.50 per gallon.

I just flew from Wickenburg, AZ to Seattle, WA by way of the California coast. We covered the estimated 1,500-mile distance in about 13 hours of flight time. I spent over $1,000 on fuel. Not exactly a cheap trip, but with highlights like an overflight of the Golden Gate as the marine layer moved in, it’s one I’ll remember for a long time.
    Found this interesting little bit.
    https://www.aneclecticmind.com/2008/...opter-mileage/

I am finding some other reports and calculations that if you just factor in the fuel cost a helicopter doesn't cost too much when compared to a high powered vehicle. The cost is high due to the the pilot fees, insurance and maintenance costs coming in.

Like I said before what Fawad Chaudhry said was absurd but I wouldn't be surprised if using a helicopter is saving money all things considered.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since you seem to have such an idea of what a typical fuel economy for a helicopter of this size looks like, what do you think should have been the per km cost. Now please don't run away, we all need to benefit from your vast and extensive knowledge on this topic.
    So the distance between bani gala and PM house (the place he is actually using for official use) is 8 nautical miles (15 km by road). He is using the model AW139. Onenautical mile for this model costs $13, approximately 1600 Rupees. In total you spend $104 for one way journey. That’s $208 for a return journey. One dollar is 123.8 rupees. Multiply it by 208 and you’ll get the fuel cost of around 25750 rupees. Divide that by 15 (as in 15 km) and the fuel cost will be appropriately 1717 rupees. I wouldn’t say that it’s equal to 50 rupees per km.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really disappointing to see the quality of conversation in this country

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the distance between bani gala and PM house (the place he is actually using for official use) is 8 nautical miles (15 km by road). He is using the model AW139. Onenautical mile for this model costs $13, approximately 1600 Rupees. In total you spend $104 for one way journey. That’s $208 for a return journey. One dollar is 123.8 rupees. Multiply it by 208 and you’ll get the fuel cost of around 25750 rupees. Divide that by 15 (as in 15 km) and the fuel cost will be appropriately 1717 rupees. I wouldn’t say that it’s equal to 50 rupees per km.
    1717 rupees/km*

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The distance would be about 4 nautical miles actually. But still costs significantly more than what Fawad said.

And again the question for me remains that how much would travel by road cost? Considering that the entire security staff, the police and other LEAs have to be mobilized and what not.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1572 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Incorrect on many counts.

1. Google Maps puts the distance as 12 km (BY ROAD), by air the distance is obviously lower since you can travel in a straight line. As per what Fahdi posted, a good estimate is to reduce the distance by a factor of 1.5, instead I used your own logic and did a straight conversion from land route distance of 12km to nautical miles which comes out to 6.5 nmi

2. As per this website (https://www.erahelicopters.com/fleet...westland-aw139) the model of helicopter you stated has a fuel burn of 150gal/hr... now assuming the fuel burn is constant throughout the journey for the sake of calcs (even though it is higher during landing and takeoff and lower during cruising). The same website puts cruising airspeed of the heli at 146 kts. So a distance of 6.5 nmi will take a heli flying at 146 kts a time of 0.04 hours or roughly 3 minutes. That means at a fuel burn rate of 150 gal/hr, the heli will use 7.5 gallons of fuel for onway journey.

3. Today's cost for Jet-A fuel (typically used in helis) is given by this website: https://www.indexmundi.com/commoditi...odity=jet-fuel and it puts it at $2.08/gallon. 7.5 gallons *2.08 = $15.6, as per today's dollar rate that is Rs 1920 and dividing that by the distance will give us a per km cost of Rs 160/km. Not the outrageous number you calculated.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahdi View Post
    The distance would be about 4 nautical miles actually. But still costs significantly more than what Fawad said.

And again the question for me remains that how much would travel by road cost? Considering that the entire security staff, the police and other LEAs haven to be mobilized and what not.
    The security staff is mobilised either way. You can’t leave a chopper of your PM out in the open, for different strategic reasons. You have to canvas the whole area. Terrorists have the access to anti aircraft weapons, so you can never be too careful. Plus, the distance between bani gala and PM house is 13.8 km via Jinnah Road in approx. 26 minutes, 16.4 km via 3rd Ave and Murree Rd/N-75 in approx. 36 mins and 17.5 km via Murree Rd/N-75 in almost 30 mins. (By road). 1km is equal to 0.54 nautical miles. With a conservative estimate of 13 km, that makes it 7.01944 nautical miles.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1572 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The security staff is mobilised either way. You can’t leave a chopper of your PM out in the open, for different strategic reasons. You have to canvas the whole area. Terrorists have the access to anti aircraft weapons, so you can never be too careful. Plus, the distance between bani gala and PM house is 13.8 km via Jinnah Road in approx. 26 minutes, 16.4 km via 3rd Ave and Murree Rd/N-75 in approx. 36 mins and 17.5 km via Murree Rd/N-75 in almost 30 mins. (By road). 1km is equal to 0.54 nautical miles. With a conservative estimate of 13 km, that makes it 7.01944 nautical miles.
Views: 331

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Google Maps puts the distance as 12 km (BY ROAD), by air the distance is obviously lower since you can travel in a straight line. As per what Fahdi posted, a good estimate is to reduce the distance by a factor of 1.5, instead I used your own logic and did a straight conversion from land route distance of 12km to nautical miles which comes out to 6.5 nmi

2. As per this website (https://www.erahelicopters.com/fleet...westland-aw139) the model of helicopter you stated has a fuel burn of 150gal/hr... now assuming the fuel burn is constant throughout the journey for the sake of calcs (even though it is higher during landing and takeoff and lower during cruising). The same website puts cruising airspeed of the heli at 146 kts. So a distance of 6.5 nmi will take a heli flying at 146 kts a time of 0.04 hours or roughly 3 minutes. That means at a fuel burn rate of 150 gal/hr, the heli will use 7.5 gallons of fuel for onway journey.

3. Today's cost for Jet-A fuel (typically used in helis) is given by this website: https://www.indexmundi.com/commoditi...odity=jet-fuel and it puts it at $2.08/gallon. 7.5 gallons *2.08 = $15.6, as per today's dollar rate that is Rs 1920 and dividing that by the distance will give us a per km cost of Rs 160/km. Not the outrageous number you calculated.
    https://dunyanews.tv/en/Pakistan/454...55-km-Banigala

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1572 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's the best you can come up with?

Thanks for accepting defeat so easily. I knew you wouldn't last.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the best you can come up with?

Thanks for accepting defeat so easily. I knew you wouldn't last.
    Let just cut to the chase shell we. The shortest distance between the two points is a straight line. Let’s just assume that the distance by road is 12 km, as you said. Now just cut that in half, meaning 6KM. Now that would make it 3.24 Nautical Miles. Now multiply 3.24 Nautical miles by $13. That would make it $42.12. Now let’s just assume that my own calculations about fuel consumption is wrong. I’d half the amount of dollars mentioned in my earlier calculation, making it $21.06. Hell, let’s make it $10, for the sake of your own argument. Now tell me, does that cost 50-60 rupees per km?

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m glad that you have accepted that the fuel cost is not Rs 55/km.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IK is doing his best to save money. Lets not expect him to walk from Bani Gala to Lahore

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s a freaking nonissue. Whether he uses helicopter or goes to Bani Gala by car shouldnt concern anyone as long as outrageous public money are not spent.

Some clowns here have nothing to add but to nitpick on stupid things.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I think what these guys want is for him to be taking risks so that that the guys who want to kill are given a shot. This is how absurd these losers have become when you compare the billions that NS and family spent and compare to IK who will spend less than 1% of that.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Lets say it was 5 times that and that is still miniscule to the literal billions spent by the Sharifs.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    Lets say it was 5 times that and that is still miniscule to the literal billions spent by the Sharifs.
    I seriously don’t mind him using a helicopter.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Soon critics of IK will be asking why does he have two meals a day!! It is getting ridiculous now.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    Soon critics of IK will be asking why does he have two meals a day!! It is getting ridiculous now.
    Only in famine.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1572 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I calculated it to be Rs. 160/km based on the parameters you gave me. Heck even if it is Rs. 500/km, it is still cheaper than having a 50 car protocol that shuts down half the city.

I didn't see you people going crazy when Nawaz Sharif was doing this:

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fawad made a silly statement but point is that it is more economical to go by helicopter than cars with protocols, blocked roads and traffic.

Imran Khan made a call to reduce costs and has already done himself clear on living in PM house, lavish lifestyle etc but if people think travelling 12 kilometers (heard on weekend only) is VIP culture and contradicts what IK said then they need to get their head examined.

Imran Khan needs to focus on bigger and important issues but media will do their best to keep him at chai-biscuit-petrol level and Imran should avoid getting involved in petty debates.

Fawad needs to be more serious as well, can't afford this casual style anymore.

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Some people just can't digest the fact that Imran Khan exposed their lavish lifestyles, protocol and VIP culture so they would obviously criticise him even if he travels by plane in economy and lives in half decent hotel when he goes overseas. They will forget Sharifs spending hundreds of millions rs on such trips living in top end hotels.

Just because Imran Khan said he wants to reduce spending, doesn't mean he will travel by Uber and live in 1 bedroom flat.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IK is doing his best to save money. Lets not expect him to walk from Bani Gala to Lahore
    Nooras expect this

May be he should buy a bicycle.

140 characters from Lala's keyboard, it’s as if he’s launched 140 nuclear missiles on India.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I calculated it to be Rs. 160/km based on the parameters you gave me. Heck even if it is Rs. 500/km, it is still cheaper than having a 50 car protocol that shuts down half the city.

Nawaz had the license to do every type of corruption.

140 characters from Lala's keyboard, it’s as if he’s launched 140 nuclear missiles on India.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Typical knee jerk reaction. Nawaz Sharif was, is and will remain a thief. Many people didn’t talk about it because everyone knew about it and when there is a majority consensus about something people move on to other issues.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waseem View Post
    Fawad made a silly statement but point is that it is more economical to go by helicopter than cars with protocols, blocked roads and traffic.

Imran Khan made a call to reduce costs and has already done himself clear on living in PM house, lavish lifestyle etc but if people think travelling 12 kilometers (heard on weekend only) is VIP culture and contradicts what IK said then they need to get their head examined.

Imran Khan needs to focus on bigger and important issues but media will do their best to keep him at chai-biscuit-petrol level and Imran should avoid getting involved in petty debates.

Fawad needs to be more serious as well, can't afford this casual style anymore.
    actually I disagree with your comment about Fawad. I think his style is just right and he answers most of the questions as required..Imran was given two choices...helicopter or convoy..the security services were the ones..

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermoine Green View Post
    Nooras expect this

May be he should buy a bicycle.
    And if he walked they would ask how much his jhooti cost and if brought a bicycle, they would say the bike is too luxurious. Remember these guys didnt have the courage to utter a word against NS and cos luxury. @Mamoon remember when you defended his use of the PIA plane when he came back from his "heart surgery".

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Yea why does he? I am sick of him eating twice a day

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea why does he? I am sick of him eating twice a day
    Context is always important. I’m not criticising IK for using helicopter. People are criticising Fawad Chaudhry for spreading fake news about the cost. I would criticise IK for eating two meals a day if the whole country was going through famine. So context is important.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Context is always important. I’m not criticising IK for using helicopter. People are criticising Fawad Chaudhry for spreading fake news about the cost. I would criticise IK for eating two meals a day if the whole country was going through famine. So context is important.
    You may not be but those Nooras that were happy for the Sharif family to steal billions and live a life of luxury in PK, have a problem with IK using a helicopter( which by the way he didnt buy). It shows you how disgusting these individuals are and no matter how much they try- humiliation is there fate.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You may not be but those Nooras that were happy for the Sharif family to steal billions and live a life of luxury in PK, have a problem with IK using a helicopter( which by the way he didnt buy). It shows you how disgusting these individuals are and no matter how much they try- humiliation is there fate.
    Those who defended the similar ** by Nawaz are indeed quite tasteless in criticising IK.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    PM Imran’s helicopter trips cost ‘much more’ than being claimed: report

Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry, while speaking to a local television channel, defended the PTI chief’s use of the helicopter by saying that “the average cost is about Rs50-55 per km”.

According to BBC Urdu, the cost of the trip is in stark contrast to Chaudhry’s claim.

The distance between the former cricketer’s residence in Bani Gala and the PM Secretariat is 15 kilometres. In aviation terms, this comes down to 8 nautical miles.

The government owns seven helicopters of the same kind, with two at the prime minister’s disposal. Rs16,000 is the amount spent on travelling one nautical mile.

If you multiply this by eight, it adds up to Rs128,000. Even if the cost of fuel and the country’s currency valuation is not taken into account from April, the cost is much higher than the amount stated by Chaudhry.

A senior police official, who is a privy to PM Imran’s security said that “security officials are stationed along the route from the secretariat to Bani Gala while security is also placed in the helicopter’s route”.

Hence, the cost is not even close to Rs55 as it has been claimed.
    https://tribune.com.pk/story/1789927...laimed-report/

I am sorry I did not know that BBC was on Noonie payroll as well.

#austerity

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    Seattle, WA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It may not be Rs55/Km, but it isn't Rs25,000 either. even if it is 5x, still is more economical then 50 car convoy and closing roads for the public.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cric_man View Post
    It may not be Rs55/Km, but it isn't Rs25,000 either. even if it is 5x, still is more economical then 50 car convoy and closing roads for the public.
    The point is that Fawad Chaudhry lied to the ppl of Pakistan.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1572 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah ok... now I miss the times of the Sharifs and Zardaris that spoke truth and nothing but the truth and worked tirelessly for the country.

Check his press conference today and he explained that the government of Pakistan is already paying the pilot and helicopter fees just for it sitting there and the number he gave was the estimate for the fuel as that is only variable cost.

I'm sure your fav Billooo Bhutto would have walked from foot from the PM house to wherever he was staying. Not everyone can aspire to be such big servants of the nation. Just see what he has done to Karachi, turned it into a better city than Shanghai and Hong Kong. Or how the people of Tharparkar sing songs in his praise for converting their desert into the Amazon jungle.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    Seattle, WA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not lying per se, but giving a gestimate.... which in hindsight is not in the ballpark.

You should see Sara Huckabee, Trump's WH Press Secretary straight out lie with a straight face day in day out.

IK has et up a very high bar, so I don't want to compare this gov to the past inept and corrupt ones.

But why are you so bent out of shape on a statement from the info minister on Day 10 of the new Government?

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah ok... now I miss the times of the Sharifs and Zardaris that spoke truth and nothing but the truth and worked tirelessly for the country.

Check his press conference today and he explained that the government of Pakistan is already paying the pilot and helicopter fees just for it sitting there and the number he gave was the estimate for the fuel as that is only variable cost.

I'm sure your fav Billooo Bhutto would have walked from foot from the PM house to wherever he was staying. Not everyone can aspire to be such big servants of the nation. Just see what he has done to Karachi, turned it into a better city than Shanghai and Hong Kong. Or how the people of Tharparkar sing songs in his praise for converting their desert into the Amazon jungle.
    I don’t have a favourite in politics, so back off. Furthermore, whichever way you look at it, Fawad Chaudhry lied. You want to give him a badge of honour, go for it.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1572 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don’t have a favourite in politics, so back off. Furthermore, whichever way you look at it, Fawad Chaudhry lied. You want to give him a badge of honour, go for it.
    He didn't give an exact figure and gave a ballpark guesstimate. I guess we are now holding politicians accountable for every exact word they say, so why not start with the words of Biloo Bhutto himself who said he wants to follow in the footsteps of his mother and grandfather and provide Roti, Kapra and Makaan, but the children in Thar are dying by the dozens everyday. Oh I forgot as soon as the shoe is on the other foot then "I don't have any favourites in politics"

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cric_man View Post
    Not lying per se, but giving a gestimate.... which in hindsight is not in the ballpark.

You should see Sara Huckabee, Trump's WH Press Secretary straight out lie with a straight face day in day out.

IK has et up a very high bar, so I don't want to compare this gov to the past inept and corrupt ones.

But why are you so bent out of shape on a statement from the info minister on Day 10 of the new Government?
    I am not. As I said in my earlier post, I don’t mind IK using the helicopter. All I’m saying that ppl should at least have enough decency to accept the fact that Fawad Chaudhry lied to the ppl of Pakistan. Plus, do I always have to repeat that the politicians in the past have no moral authority over this government? They were accountable for their actions and so are the liars who are sitting in this government.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He didn't give an exact figure and gave a ballpark guesstimate. I guess we are now holding politicians accountable for every exact word they say, so why not start with the words of Biloo Bhutto himself who said he wants to follow in the footsteps of his mother and grandfather and provide Roti, Kapra and Makaan, but the children in Thar are dying by the dozens everyday. Oh I forgot as soon as the shoe is on the other foot then "I don't have any favourites in politics"
    Bilawal should not take part in politics. He should be held accountable for HIS lies and HIS actions.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    55 Rs/Km and 160 Rs/Km are not the figures around the same ball park. But you can take solace in knowing that your favourites are no worse than the other politicians.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    So when there are experts that cant even agree, how do you know he lied?

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1572 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    55 Rs/Km and 160 Rs/Km are not the figures around the same ball park. But you can take solace in knowing that your favourites are no worse than the other politicians.
    Sure... I'll take lies over these minor issues any day of the week, rather than lies of providing roti, kapra, makaan and have hundreds of children die under your watch.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So when there are experts that cant even agree, how do you know he lied?
    Here’s how I know. @syed Bhai pointed out that the fuel cost is somewhere around Rs 160/km. According to my initial assessment, those numbers were much higher. Either way, Fawad Chaudhry’s figures aren’t placed anywhere in between. Neither close to conservative estimates nor on higher estimates. So what’s the obvious deduction? He lied.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imran Khan has a bunch of loonies alongside him, feel for the man really.

Nowadays, you don't get anything for 50 Rs.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure... I'll take lies over these minor issues any day of the week, rather than lies of providing roti, kapra, makaan and have hundreds of children die under your watch.
    Every big lie is built up on many small lies. Now you have a choice. You can spend your whole life defending the small lies of people like Fawad Chaudhry, or you can call him out for your own party’s sake.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Here’s how I know. @syed Bhai pointed out that the fuel cost is somewhere around Rs 160/km. According to my initial assessment, those numbers were much higher. Either way, Fawad Chaudhry’s figures aren’t placed anywhere in between. Neither close to conservative estimates nor on higher estimates. So what’s the obvious deduction? He lied.
    I dont agree.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont agree.
    Figures.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Its one of those issues where the hue and cry is raised to hide the real issues. Today it emerged that the Nooras where using govt money for their media cells but not a single thread or comment.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Figures.
    Without anything conclusive from anyone i will go with Ch Sahib.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without anything conclusive from anyone i will go with Ch Sahib.
    You are a gem.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't believe it that we are still discussing this non issue here when the country is plagued by the issues that we should rather spend our energies and time discussing. The country is literally gone to dogs and is almost on the brink of bankruptcy but hey who cares who just don't want to miss a chance for point scoring. This is preposterous and I am really saddened to see u falling to such lows with each passing day.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaaik View Post
    I can't believe it that we are still discussing this non issue here when the country is plagued by the issues that we should rather spend our energies and time discussing. The country is literally gone to dogs and is almost on the brink of bankruptcy but hey who cares who just don't want to miss a chance for point scoring. This is preposterous and I am really saddened to see u falling to such lows with each passing day.
    You can see the desperation of Nooras and their ilk when this non issue is the only thing they can think of.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can see the desperation of Nooras and their ilk when this non issue is the only thing they can think of.
    It's the media which is adding fuel to the fire. By the looks of it , it seems there is perhaps no light at the end of the tunnel. Yeh quam shayad apne aap ko badalna he nahi chahati.. I was expecting Imran Khan and the media, at least a major chunk of it to work in tandem in order to pull Pakistan out of this death trap but it all seems a wishful thinking at the moment ...

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So how are we going to recover our economy?

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So how are we going to recover our economy?
    I'm no economist so I would trust Imran Khan and his team to work that out however I would make sure that I give them time and not shout at the top of my voice to malign the govt for non issues. Imran Khan has not even completed 2 weeks in the office and we have people critising him for petty things. Since, you talked about recovering our economy, I would like to know or hear from the media what steps has Imran Khan taken in regards to that so far. then we can hv people like you to criticise that which would make more sense then I would think . Until then let's just hold our horses.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm no economist so I would trust Imran Khan and his team to work that out however I would make sure that I give them time and not shout at the top of my voice to malign the govt for non issues. Imran Khan has not even completed 2 weeks in the office and we have people critising him for petty things. Since, you talked about recovering our economy, I would like to know or hear from the media what steps has Imran Khan taken in regards to that so far. then we can hv people like you to criticise that which would make more sense then I would think . Until then let's just hold our horses.
    You don’t have to be an economist. Tell me about some of the major issues, in your eyes, that are affecting our economy.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Relax, these are teething problems. Ultimately it will come down to whether those people that voted for him see change or enough potential for change. The Nooras and their ilk are desperate and will nit pick every single thing. IA he has started to change the mindset of the populace for good and as the govt gets into the nitty gritty of govt the sceptics will come round.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don’t have to be an economist. Tell me about some of the major issues, in your eyes, that are affecting our economy.
    Bad governance , corruption, mis management, incompetent and corrupt people occupying key positions, security both internal and external etc are few of the factors that's really pushed the country into the dungens ..

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Relax, these are teething problems. Ultimately it will come down to whether those people that voted for him see change or enough potential for change. The Nooras and their ilk are desperate and will nit pick every single thing. IA he has started to change the mindset of the populace for good and as the govt gets into the nitty gritty of govt the sceptics will come round.
    Just couldn't agree more with you. It would ultimately come down to the nerves. The opposition would leave no stone unturned to destabilise Imran Khan's govt. People would hv to put their faith in him otherwise the future looks only bleaker..

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    reminds me of time when Hilako Khan was about to attack Baghdad and the people of Baghdad were arguing among themselves whether eating crow is haram or halal cannot believe the priorities of Pakistani nation are so bad

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    reminds me of time when Hilako Khan was about to attack Baghdad and the people of Baghdad were arguing among themselves whether eating crow is haram or halal cannot believe the priorities of Pakistani nation are so bad
    And we all know what happened to Baghdad..

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bad governance , corruption, mis management, incompetent and corrupt people occupying key positions, security both internal and external etc are few of the factors that's really pushed the country into the dungens ..
    So let’s focus on security. How are we going to improve security?