Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    682 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_outsider View Post
    He did pick a 4fer against SA just 2 matches before that. And had figures of 1/51 from 10 overs against Eng in the previous match.

The guy gets to play 1 match per series. Is it fair to judge him so harshly?
    He has no business debuting before siraj who is probably the best long format bowler in the country.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    He has no business debuting before siraj who is probably the best long format bowler in the country.
    But dropping Thakur after picking him and not playing even once will be little harsh.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    682 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JattMaula View Post
    But dropping Thakur after picking him and not playing even once will be little harsh.
    No it's not. He's a short, unathletic trundler who cant even bowl a nice tight line. Absolutely mediocre. And injury prone as well. Does not have the physique for fast bowling.

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No it's not. He's a short, unathletic trundler who cant even bowl a nice tight line. Absolutely mediocre. And injury prone as well. Does not have the physique for fast bowling.
    Also does not possess heart and skills either.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by giri26 View Post
    With the Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA), organisers of the fourth ODI between India and West Indies scheduled on October 29 at the Wankhede Stadium, left without any office bearer to sign vendor payments, the Supreme Court will step in to decide if MCA will be in a position to host the match or not.

According to a report in PTI on Wednesday, MCA Secretary Unmesh Khanwilkar along with another official sought help from the Bombay Court to form an ad-hoc committee. The High Court now has asked MCA to approach the apex court.

“The documentation work is going on. In a day or two the petitioners will approach the top court seeking directions for the conduct of the October 29 game,” MCA sources said.

Meanwhile, a few MCA officials had met a senior BCCI official on Tuesday to provide an update of the problems currently faced by the association with no authorised official to clear dues to vendors or salaries to employees. MCA officials will have another meeting with senior BCCI officials on Thursday.

https://www.cricketcountry.com/news/...-mumbai-754224
    Thank you SC and CoA!

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Team for first 2 ODIs against Windies announced

Virat Kohli (Capt), Rohit Sharma (vc), Shikhar Dhawan, Ambati Rayudu, Manish Pandey, MS Dhoni (wk),Rishabh Pant, R Jadeja, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Khaleel Ahmed, Shardul Thakur, KL Rahul
    Now that Shaw has proved that he could play at fast clip why was he not included in ODI squad as well?

And this pathetic excuse of him being in direct competition with Rohit and Dhawan is as lame as Dhoni's batting! Its not that one always gets his preferred batting position. If Rohit & Dhawan play for next 5-6 years does that mean Shaw will have to wait till then to be picked in Indian ODI team?

Not everyone is a softie like Rahul is...

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I see none other than Bharat Arun advocating for Rahul to stay in Indian team!

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I'm not saying said Thakur is the solution or that he should be in the WC squad. Personally, I would have Umesh and Shami in the squad before Thakur. But what I am saying is that dismissing him as a poor bowler given the limited chances he has received is ridicolous. The guy has played only 5 ODIs in his life. He has figures of 4/54 against SA, 1/51 against ENG and 1/24 against SL. But because of one bad show against HK people are cursing him.

Then you guys need to see a bit more of cricket. Thakur bowls 140-145ks. He is no trundler.

And Mohit Sharma, whom you seem so proud to hate got 13 wickets in 8 matches in the 2015 CWC at an avg of 25 and ER of less than 5 RPO.

So maybe you should get off your high horse from where you are judging these "trundlers" because they are performing for India when it matters the most.
    Thakur bowls 140-145k? Really? Even Thakur of Sholay will bowl better than this trundler.

You seem to be a huge supporter of trundlers. Never seen anyone defending them like you are doing here. Thank god you are not a selector otherwise you would have brought back Harvinder, Joginder and Barinder too.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Thakur bowls 140-145k? Really? Even Thakur of Sholay will bowl better than this trundler.

You seem to be a huge supporter of trundlers. Never seen anyone defending them like you are doing here. Thank god you are not a selector otherwise you would have brought back Harvinder, Joginder and Barinder too.
    This is the first time I've seen someone defending the likes of Thakur & Mohit!
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 12th October 2018 at 10:16.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    keep personal insults off this forum and thread pls. Stick to cricket arguments only

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who in their right mind could defend Dhoni is beyond me!

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Irony is that Dhoni himself bumped off guys like Sehwag, Ganguly, Gambhir etc from Indian team for being past their sell by dates. Who'll tell Dhoni that his sell by date passed more than 3 years back? Certainly not Kohli & Shastri. Not MSK or his other partners in crime.

Can all powerful CoA do that? I doubt.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    And the trundler got injured after bowling 10 balls. Was he even fit? He also got injured after being thrashed by amateur HK batsmen. Sat on his bum for 2 years carrying drinks, got a chance, got injured. This should be the last time for him in national squad.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MP2011 View Post
    Irony is that Dhoni himself bumped off guys like Sehwag, Ganguly, Gambhir etc from Indian team for being past their sell by dates. Who'll tell Dhoni that his sell by date passed more than 3 years back? Certainly not Kohli & Shastri. Not MSK or his other partners in crime.

Can all powerful CoA do that? I doubt.
    His own shame will. Remember how he was finished in tests by 2013-14, yet continued and mid of Aus tour retired like a coward running away from the battle.

I hope the upcoming Aus tour does the same to his ODI and T20 career as well.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No way Dhoni is going to retire on his own. Tests were different as he still had LoIs to fall back on. Now he won't have anything to elongate his brand presence. Without international cricket at his disposal, no sponsor worth his salt will shower him with moolah, IPL or no IPL.

BTW its a news to me that he has any shame or conscience left.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketindiafan View Post
    Remember how he was finished in tests by 2013-14, yet continued and mid of Aus tour retired like a coward running away from the battle.
    I remember his agents in media tried to portray that as a selfless act by a messiah.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are match highlights of the 6th ODI between India and SA, 2018 on Sony Liv.

You don't have to believe me. Go see the highlights and you can check the speed gun readings yourself.

There are a lot of people here on this forum who strut around thinking they are better than everybody else. Whereas the truth is that people like you have such poor knowledge of the game that sometimes I wonder why I even bother to engage with you.

You had no idea what the Ranji schedule was. And now, you are going about calling bowlers who bowl 142k as "trundlers". And then you think yourself as some bigshot because you have the "guts" to call out players for being trundlers. But of course you do it anonymously.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketindiafan View Post
    This should be the last time for him in national squad.
    Amount of influence Dhoni has on Kohli will suggest otherwise!

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Queen of Arabian Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MP2011 View Post
    Amount of influence Dhoni has on Kohli will suggest otherwise!
    I hope after some years Kohli won't act like Dhoni. Signs are not encouraging

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes that is true. I have been eagerly waiting for Siraj to debut for quite a while now.

I was really hoping he would get to debut on his home ground.

See Nikhil, a lot of people here seem to rhink, that just because I'm not stooping to their level and abusing a 27 year old boy (Thakur) for trying to do what he loves - that because of that I am some sort of "yes man of the BCCI" and what not.

No. That's not true. I am a much bigger fan of Siraj than I am of Thakur. But I don't like this culture we have developed where cricketers are ridiculed and calls for their banishment start coming in from the public (and some of our local "heroes" like @Bhaag Viru Bhaag).

I have had a hard life. I have seen people around me who have had even harder lives. It is against my belief to judge someone so harshly and so quickly after they have put in a lifetime's effort to play for the country.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kohli is already acting a lot like Dhoni, muddled selection policies, love for trundlers etc.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    682 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yes that is true. I have been eagerly waiting for Siraj to debut for quite a while now.

I was really hoping he would get to debut on his home ground.

See Nikhil, a lot of people here seem to rhink, that just because I'm not stooping to their level and abusing a 27 year old boy (Thakur) for trying to do what he loves - that because of that I am some sort of "yes man of the BCCI" and what not.

No. That's not true. I am a much bigger fan of Siraj than I am of Thakur. But I don't like this culture we have developed where cricketers are ridiculed and calls for their banishment start coming in from the public (and some of our local "heroes" like @Bhaag Viru Bhaag).

I have had a hard life. I have seen people around me who have had even harder lives. It is against my belief to judge someone so harshly and so quickly after they have put in a lifetime's effort to play for the country.
    Fair enough but shardul can play bilateral T20's for India and IPL. I have no problem with that. It may seem like an injustice to drop shardul but it's a greater injustice not to have siraj in the team. Which is why I think siraj should have played ahead of him.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair enough but shardul can play bilateral T20's for India and IPL. I have no problem with that. It may seem like an injustice to drop shardul but it's a greater injustice not to have siraj in the team. Which is why I think siraj should have played ahead of him.
    Yes even I wanted Siraj to play ahead of Shardul. Siraj is a more skillful bowler. No question about it.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    There are match highlights of the 6th ODI between India and SA, 2018 on Sony Liv.

You don't have to believe me. Go see the highlights and you can check the speed gun readings yourself.

There are a lot of people here on this forum who strut around thinking they are better than everybody else. Whereas the truth is that people like you have such poor knowledge of the game that sometimes I wonder why I even bother to engage with you.

You had no idea what the Ranji schedule was. And now, you are going about calling bowlers who bowl 142k as "trundlers". And then you think yourself as some bigshot because you have the "guts" to call out players for being trundlers. But of course you do it anonymously.
    Are you talking about yourself? Because you are the one who has issues with everyone posting their opinion here. I mean people can't even post their personal opinion and their fav XI because guys like you will come and question their selection.

There is a difference between posting your opinion and forcing your opinion onto others. At least I don't go around here and ask people to believe/like what I believe/like. I just say what I feel like and I see some intolerant posters quickly jumping on me.

So here is my personal opinion : 'Shardul Thakur is a trundler.'

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Keep him in the IPL please. Thank you.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you talking about yourself? Because you are the one who has issues with everyone posting their opinion here. I mean people can't even post their personal opinion and their fav XI because guys like you will come and question their selection.

There is a difference between posting your opinion and forcing your opinion onto others. At least I don't go around here and ask people to believe/like what I believe/like. I just say what I feel like and I see some intolerant posters quickly jumping on me.

So here is my personal opinion : 'Shardul Thakur is a trundler.'
    Deciding who is and who is not a "trundler" is not a matter of opinion. There is a definition of "trundler" isn't there? Even if it's a colloquial one.

Calling a bowler who bowls 140+ a trundler is factually incorrect. It's not an opinion. It is misrepresentation of facts.

You can advocate against Thakur's selection. I have no problem with that. Even I was looking forward to see Siraj today and was disappointed to see Shardul in the team. But that doesn't mean I will lie about Shardul to create a negative image of him.

And let's not talk about intolerance. Because I have not seen too many posters here who are as intolerant towards underperforming players as you are.
    Last edited by the_outsider; 12th October 2018 at 11:45.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Deciding who is and who is not a "trundler" is not a matter of opinion. There is a definition of "trundler" isn't there? Even if it's a colloquial one.

Calling a bowler who bowls 140+ a trundler is factually incorrect. It's not an opinion. It is misrepresentation of facts.

You can advocate against Thakur's selection. I have no problem with that. Even I was looking forward to see Siraj today and was disappointed to see Shardul in the team. But that doesn't mean I will lie about Shardul to create a negative image of him.

And let's not talk about intolerance. Because I have not seen too many posters here who are as intolerant towards underperforming players as you are.
    I stopped taking you seriously when you said that height has no advantage in fast bowling. Still I will try to explain it to you.

A bowler who is useless, has no impact, doesn't have any brain to bowl proper line and length and has an average speed of less than 140 is a trundler. You need an eye to spot these trundlers which surely you don't have.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @the_outsider - Though you are a good poster bro but lets be honest, Thakur is a rubbish bowler. He is only getting into playing XI due to nepotism. We hv much better bowlers than Thakur

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A bowler who is useless, has no impact, doesn't have any brain to bowl proper line and length and has an average speed of less than 140 is a trundler. You need an eye to spot these trundlers which surely you don't have.
    True.

Also is Indian cricket there to reward someone with slot in its test XI just because he has worked hard in his life? Every cricketer worth his salt works hard to reach even at state level. Its beyond cringe worthy to suggest that Thakur deserves his spot more than some others like Gurbani, Siraj, Avesh, Khaleel etc.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I stopped taking you seriously when you said that height has no advantage in fast bowling. Still I will try to explain it to you.

Please find the general opinions of your fellow posters about what accounts for trundling.

For your reference,

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...-Trundler-quot

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...d-as-Trundling

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    @the_outsider - Though you are a good poster bro but lets be honest, Thakur is a rubbish bowler. He is only getting into playing XI due to nepotism. We hv much better bowlers than Thakur
    Why nepotism? Does he have relatives within the system? I will be honest I don't know about any such thing.

And is Thakur the best among the current crop of Indian bowlers or even India probables like Siraj? Of course not. I myself made a Performace Watch thread for Siraj. I didn't make one for Thakur. It's very clear that Umesh, Siraj, Shami are all better bowlers.

But what I don't appreciate is the severity of criticism that he receives. Like you calling him "rubbish". That's unfair. Sid Kaul is rubbish. I never try to defend him.

But you look at the chances Thakur gets. He debuted in Aug, 2017. In more than 1 year, he has played only 5 matches. I'm not saying that that's not fair. Bhuvi and Bumrah were rightly playing ahead of him. But it's so difficult, especially for a bowler, to come in for 1 match every 3 months and perform straight away.

In 2017, he still got to go and play matches for IND A for the last 2 years, you will see that he has picked up wickets at an avg of 25. Even when he played for the senior team, out of 5 matches, in 3 he put up performances such as

1/24 vs SL
    4/54 vs SA
    1/51 vs ENG

What has the poor guy done so wrong that everybody is just waiting so eagerly to chop his head off? Are these really the performaces of someone who is "rubbish".

Shardul Thakur might very well be your least favorite player. That's fine. But it shouldn't mean that he should be treated like this by fans.

It is very easy to back and respect the Kohlis, Roots and Starcs of the world. They are all superstars and ultra-talented. There is nothing in great in singing their praise. Everyone knows how good they are. But that doesn't mean that players who are not super-talented should be treated like 3rd class citizens by the "fans".

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on what I have seen of Shardul Thakur at international level, there is no way he is the best available new ball talent among those playing at domestic cricket. He may be a great performer at domestic level, but I am not convinced that he is cut out to play international cricket, at least not for a team that is ranked number one among test teams.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Why nepotism? Does he have relatives within the system? I will be honest I don't know about any such thing.

And is Thakur the best among the current crop of Indian bowlers or even India probables like Siraj? Of course not. I myself made a Performace Watch thread for Siraj. I didn't make one for Thakur. It's very clear that Umesh, Siraj, Shami are all better bowlers.

But what I don't appreciate is the severity of criticism that he receives. Like you calling him "rubbish". That's unfair. Sid Kaul is rubbish. I never try to defend him.

But you look at the chances Thakur gets. He debuted in Aug, 2017. In more than 1 year, he has played only 5 matches. I'm not saying that that's not fair. Bhuvi and Bumrah were rightly playing ahead of him. But it's so difficult, especially for a bowler, to come in for 1 match every 3 months and perform straight away.

In 2017, he still got to go and play matches for IND A for the last 2 years, you will see that he has picked up wickets at an avg of 25. Even when he played for the senior team, out of 5 matches, in 3 he put up performances such as

1/24 vs SL
    4/54 vs SA
    1/51 vs ENG

What has the poor guy done so wrong that everybody is just waiting so eagerly to chop his head off? Are these really the performaces of someone who is "rubbish".

Shardul Thakur might very well be your least favorite player. That's fine. But it shouldn't mean that he should be treated like this by fans.

It is very easy to back and respect the Kohlis, Roots and Starcs of the world. They are all superstars and ultra-talented. There is nothing in great in singing their praise. Everyone knows how good they are. But that doesn't mean that players who are not super-talented should be treated like 3rd class citizens by the "fans".
    What an emotional post. It's perfectly alright if you like to support Thakurs and Kauls. Nobody can stop you from supporting mediocrity. I just feel bad for Harvinder, Joginder and Barinder that they didn't have a fan like you.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What an emotional post. It's perfectly alright if you like to support Thakurs and Kauls. Nobody can stop you from supporting mediocrity. I just feel bad for Harvinder, Joginder and Barinder that they didn't have a fan like you.
    If Shardul, Joginder and Sran were all the same people, I'm sure your "taunt" would make sense. Alas...

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    682 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Keep him in the IPL please. Thank you.
    International T20 team will obviously have the best performers in IPL. If it's not shardul it will be kaul

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    India is actually playing this series without its top 4 pace bowlers: Shami, BK, Ishant and Bumrah.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thakur reminds me of fast bowling legends like Dinda and Vinay Kumar. And not in a good way.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahul1 View Post
    Thakur reminds me of fast bowling legends like Dinda and Vinay Kumar. And not in a good way.
    Why do they keep bringing him back. He gets smashed around in LOIs too.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Mumbai: A miffed Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) Saturday shot off a letter to the BCCI's Committee of Administrators (CoA), asking them the reasons behind shifting the fourth One-Day International between India and West Indies from Wankhede Stadium to the Cricket Club of India.

The development came a day after the BCCI shifted the fourth ODI CCI's Brabourne Stadium, which is stone's throw away from the Wankhede.

MCA CEO CS Naik, in an email communication to the CoA, claimed that they did not receive any communication from the BCCI in this regard and the development came as a "surprsie" to them.

Wankhede Stadium ahead of the 4th India vs England Test match. Image courtesy: Twitter/@BCCIFile image of Wankhede Stadium . Image courtesy: Twitter/@BCCI
    "This is with reference to our trailing email regarding hosting of the 4th One Day International match between India and West Indies on 29th October 2018 at Wankhede Stadium.

"We have not received any communication from your end in this regard. We are surprised to learn from the media reports that the said match has been shifted to Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai. We would request you to kindly let us know the reasons for shifting of the said match," Naik wrote in the mail.

MCA has also uploaded the said communication on its website, a copy of which is in possession of PTI.

The Brabourne Stadium, which is minutes away from the Wankhede, last hosted an ODI in 2006. It last hosted a Test match in 2009 when India played against Sri Lanka.

Besides Naik's email, the MCA has also made public it's communication with the CoA on the conduct of the match and the committee's response to it.

MCA, which is facing host of difficulties, had cited financial constrains in hosting the match.

Earlier this year, the Bombay High Court had appointed a Committe of Administrators comprising two retired Judges to look into the affairs of MCA but they relinquished their charge on 14 September.

Since then there has been an administrative vaccum in the MCA and there is no authorised person to operate its bank accounts.

Senior MCA officials, including managing commitee member Ganesh Iyer, had twice last week met BCCI CEO Rahul Johri and requested the Board to conduct the game, which was eventually shifted to CCI.

https://www.firstpost.com/firstcrick...e-5374061.html

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    West Indies coach Stuart Law suspended for two ODIs

The Windies’ coach Stuart Law has been suspended for his side’s upcoming two One-Day Internationals against India following a breach of the ICC Code of Conduct for which he received a 100 per cent fine and three demerit points. This means his accumulated demerit points reached four within a 24-month period leading to the two-match ban.

During Sunday’s play in the Hyderabad Test, Law was found guilty of breaching Level 2 Article 2.7 of the ICC Code of Conduct for Players and Player Support Personnel, which relates to “Public criticism of, or inappropriate comment in relation to an incident occurring in an International Match or any Player, Player Support Personnel, Match Official or team participating in any International Match, irrespective of when such criticism or inappropriate comment is made”.

As Law had received a 25 per cent fine and one demerit point during the final day’s play in the Dominica Test against Pakistan in May 2017, with the addition of these three demerit points, he has reached the threshold of four demerit points, which, pursuant to article 7.6 of the Code, have now been converted into two suspension points.

Therefore, Law has been suspended from the 21 and 24 October ODIs against India in Guwahati and Visakhapatnam, respectively.

The incident on Sunday afternoon happened when Stuart Law, following the dismissal of Kieran Powell, went to the TV umpire’s room and made inappropriate comments. He then walked to the fourth umpire’s area and, in the presence of the players, again directed inappropriate comments at the fourth official.

On Monday, Law admitted the offence and accepted the sanction proposed by Chris Broad of the Emirates Elite Panel of ICC Match Referees and, as such, there was no need for a formal hearing.

The charges were leveled by on-field umpires Bruce Oxenford and Ian Gould, third umpire Nigel Llong, all from the Emirates ICC Elite Panel of Umpires, and fourth official Nitin Menon.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/media-releases/879647

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    St John’s, ANTIGUA – WINDIES’ Test and ODI Captain, Jason Holder, is now ranked 9th in the ICC Test Bowling rankings and 3rd in the ICC Test All-Rounder rankings following an impressive year.

Holder has now had his fourth five-wicket haul of this season, and his average of 11.87 so far this year (2018) and is by far the best by a bowler with at least 30 wickets in a calendar year in 100 years.

Director of Cricket, Jimmy Adams, in congratulating the captain, says "Jason has made it into the ICC top 10 test bowling rankings with his 4th five-wicket haul for the year. His latest performance against India in India is worthy of note given that he is the first West Indian since 1994 to take a 5-wicket haul in a test in India. This is testament not only to his talent but to his continued hard work and preparation and will hopefully inspire not only his team but the many young fast bowlers in the region."

The other ranked bowlers include Shannon Gabriel (13th); Kemar Roach (21st) and Devendra Bishoo (34th).

Roston Chase has moved up 10 positions to 31st in the batsmen section following his four innings of 53, 20, 106 and 6.

President, Dave Cameron has congratulated all the players and thinks “Jason, with a lot more years to play and him being a leader in the times, these performances can only enhance the work of the players going forward.”

Holder and his team will play 5 ODIs against India, starting this Sunday.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Umesh Yadav replaces Shardul Thakur in India's ODI squad

Umesh Yadav has been drafted into the India ODI squad as a replacement for the injured Shardul Thakur for the first two ODIs against the Windies.

Thakur picked up a right adductor tendon injury on his Test debut last week just ten balls into his Test career and is ruled out of the series. Thakur has played in five ODIs to date.

Umesh Yadav comes into the ODI squad on a high after picking up the Player of the Match award in India's second Test against the Windies for taking ten wickets in the match. The 30-year-old Yadav is an experienced campaigner in ODI cricket, having appeared 73 times for this country in the format to date.

Yadav is now part of India's 14-man squad for the first two ODIs – they will announce their squad for the remainder of the series at a later point. The first ODI is this Sunday in Guwahati.

India squad for the first two ODIs: Virat Kohli (c), Rohit Sharma (vc), Shikhar Dhawan, KL Rahul, Ambati Rayudu, Manish Pandey, MS Dhoni (wk), Rishabh Pant, Ravindra Jadeja, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Khaleel Ahmed, Umesh Yadav

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/879750

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Queen of Arabian Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great news. Return of the leg stump half volley specialist.

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Evin Lewis withdraws from Windies squad

Opening batsman Evin Lewis has withdrawn from the Windies' white-ball squads for the tour of India, citing personal reasons.

He will be replaced by Kieran Powell in the ODI squad and Nicholas Pooran for the T20I series.

Lewis' withdrawal is a big blow. He has established himself as a key player at the top of the order in white-ball cricket for his team in recent years. The Windies lost the Test series 2-0, and go into the ODI series with a depleted squad, already without the likes of Chris Gayle, Andre Russell and Kieron Pollard. Lewis was initially included in the squad despite declining to sign a central contract earlier this year.

The ODI series starts this Sunday in Guwahati.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/880124

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Ok I used to make fun of PCB's releases but after this....

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    India is going to field its full strength team in this ODI series whereas West Indies has sent its B team. 5-0 to India.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I hope my eyes are ok because I can't see KL Rahul's name?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope my eyes are ok because I can't see KL Rahul's name?
    KL Rahul plays only against Full strength Top 5 Teams. He deserves rest for all his hard work in the last few months.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    KL Rahul plays only against Full strength Top 5 Teams. He deserves rest for all his hard work in the last few months.
    That's true. He is a last match/dead rubber specialist. Should play against Australia in the last test only.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's true. He is a last match/dead rubber specialist. Should play against Australia in the last test only.
    Did you mean 'only the 2nd innings' of dead rubbers/last matches? ;)

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Queen of Arabian Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rayudu is locked in for No 4 spot as per Kohli today. Time for celebrations

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WengerOut View Post
    Rayudu is locked in for No 4 spot as per Kohli today. Time for celebrations
    Rayudu and Dhoni aren't going anywhere.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Queen of Arabian Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rayudu and Dhoni aren't going anywhere.
    What is your personal opinion on them?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    The BCCI have announced an unchanged 12-member Indian squad for the 2nd ODI against West Indies to be played at the Dr. Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium, Visakhapatnam on Wednesday.

India didn’t get a chance to test out Rishabh Pant on his debut, but he should hold his place. Mohammed Shami’s return to ODIs saw him concede 81 runs and he could be benched for Kuldeep Yadav. This is a venue that has favoured spin.

India would like to be pushed ahead of the tour of Australia, and test out the likes of Pant in the middle order.

After losing by huge margins in the Test, West Indies were expected to be more competitive in the 50-over formats but instead were smashed in the first ODI. A dominant 78-ball 106 from Shimron Hetmyer helped West Indies to 322/8 after they were asked to bat, but that target was made to look 80 runs short as Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma put on 246 for the second wicket with a pair of stunning hundreds.

Squad: Virat Kohli (C), Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, Ambati Rayudu, Rishabh Pant, MS Dhoni (WK), Ravindra Jadeja, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Umesh Yadav, Mohammad Shami, Khaleel Ahmed

https://www.cricketcountry.com/news/...zag-odi-758299

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Bhuvi and Bumrah are back for the last 3 ODIs. So we are now at full strength vs a WI C team.

Have not come across a more brainless and gutless bunch of selectors and team management.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Jasprit Bumrah, Bhuvneshwar Kumar return for last three ODI against West Indies

India’s premier pace bowling duo of Jasprit Bumrah and Bhuvneshwar Kumar have been named for the remaining three ODIs against the West Indies. Mohammed Shami was the only player who was excluded from the 15-man squad announced on Thursday.

Bumrah and Bhuvneshwar were rested from the two-Test series against the West Indies to prevent excessive workload ahead of the World Cup next year.

Bumrah, who has played 41 ODIs and picked 72 wickets, proved that he is no longer a limited overs specialist with 30 scalps in his first six Tests. He was also part of the victorious Asia Cup-winning side in Dubai this year where he picked eight wickets and played an important role to help India bag the title for the seventh time.

The 28-year-old Bhuvneshwar, considered the master of swing, was sidelined from the recent England tour, but made a strong statement in the Asia Cup where he picked six wickets.

Shami picked two wickets in the first ODI in Guwahati, but was the most expensive bowler returning with figures of 2/81. However, in Vizag, he bettered his economy finishing with 1 for 59 from 10 overs. Umesh Yadav, who conceded 142 runs with one wicket retained his place.

India’s squad for remaining three ODIs: Virat Kohli (captain), Rohit Sharma (vice-captain), Shikhar Dhawan, Ambati Rayudu, Rishabh Pant, MS Dhoni (wicket-keeper), Ravindra Jadeja, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah, Khaleel Ahmed, Umesh Yadav, KL Rahul, Manish Pandey

https://www.cricketcountry.com/news/...-indies-759106

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Queen of Arabian Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shami actually bowled better yesterday. Second best economy yesterday. Why is spray gun Umesh still in the squad?

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Fit-again Kedar Jadhav surprised at ODI omission

India batsman Kedar Jadhav was left surprised at his omission from India’s 15-member squad for the third, fourth and fifth ODIs against West Indies. Jadhav, who injured his hamstring during the Asia Cup final last month, was not picked for the squad for the first two ODIs, but was drafted into the India A side for the Deodhar Trophy as the selectors wanted to assess his fitness before taking a call about his inclusion.

Jadhav, on Thursday, dismissed all doubts regarding his fitness when he smoked 41 off 25 balls for India A during the Deodhar Trophy match against India C. He scored two fours and two sixes and took his team to 293 for 6 in 50 overs. He even bowled five overs as three national selectors were in attendance. When asked about whether he was conveyed any message by the selectors regarding his exclusion, Jadhav said he had no idea that his name was not included in the squad for the remaining three matches against West Indies and that he will be shifting focus to the Ranji Trophy.

“I did not know this,” Jadhav, 33, said. “Let’s see. You are the first one to tell me this. I need to see why they have not picked me. I don’t know what the plan is now that I am not there in the team. Probably, I will be playing the Ranji Trophy.”

With selectors facing heavy criticism for lack of communication with players before dropping them, Jadhav might be the most recent addition to the list. Earlier, batsmen Karun Nair and Murali Vijay had stated that they were not spoken to, and neither did they have any sort of communication from the selectors before being dropped from the Test squad. Chief selector MSK Prasad, however, had dismissed such claims.

Jadhav, however, mentioned that had had recovered from the recurrence of the hamstring but it was disappointing to spend so much time away from playing international cricket. The 33-year-old first sustained the injury during the IPL and suffered it again during the Asia Cup final against Bangladesh. He went back to the dressing room retired hurt but came back to win the match for India off the final ball.

“Rehab was good. I passed all the tests and came here match fit. It is all fine,” Jadhav said. “Obviously, it hurts when you are in form and get injured. It creates uncertainty on when you will get the next opportunity. And when you comeback, you have to start from scratch again as you end up missing a lot of matches. It hurts but you have to accept it and move on.

“You can’t be cautious when you play. Till the time you don’t meet all the fitness criteria, the NCA people will not clear you. As long as they clear you, you should not be having doubts on the field. That is what why I don’t hold myself back (even when it comes to diving on the field).

“Also, it is very important to be honest with the physio. Then only they can give you the right feedback. You cannot hide things from physios and trainers, else you will only get exposed.”

https://www.cricketcountry.com/news/...mission-759205

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by giri26 View Post
    India batsman Kedar Jadhav was left surprised at his omission from India’s 15-member squad for the third, fourth and fifth ODIs against West Indies. Jadhav, who injured his hamstring during the Asia Cup final last month, was not picked for the squad for the first two ODIs, but was drafted into the India A side for the Deodhar Trophy as the selectors wanted to assess his fitness before taking a call about his inclusion.

Jadhav, on Thursday, dismissed all doubts regarding his fitness when he smoked 41 off 25 balls for India A during the Deodhar Trophy match against India C. He scored two fours and two sixes and took his team to 293 for 6 in 50 overs. He even bowled five overs as three national selectors were in attendance. When asked about whether he was conveyed any message by the selectors regarding his exclusion, Jadhav said he had no idea that his name was not included in the squad for the remaining three matches against West Indies and that he will be shifting focus to the Ranji Trophy.

“I did not know this,” Jadhav, 33, said. “Let’s see. You are the first one to tell me this. I need to see why they have not picked me. I don’t know what the plan is now that I am not there in the team. Probably, I will be playing the Ranji Trophy.”

With selectors facing heavy criticism for lack of communication with players before dropping them, Jadhav might be the most recent addition to the list. Earlier, batsmen Karun Nair and Murali Vijay had stated that they were not spoken to, and neither did they have any sort of communication from the selectors before being dropped from the Test squad. Chief selector MSK Prasad, however, had dismissed such claims.

Jadhav, however, mentioned that had had recovered from the recurrence of the hamstring but it was disappointing to spend so much time away from playing international cricket. The 33-year-old first sustained the injury during the IPL and suffered it again during the Asia Cup final against Bangladesh. He went back to the dressing room retired hurt but came back to win the match for India off the final ball.

“Rehab was good. I passed all the tests and came here match fit. It is all fine,” Jadhav said. “Obviously, it hurts when you are in form and get injured. It creates uncertainty on when you will get the next opportunity. And when you comeback, you have to start from scratch again as you end up missing a lot of matches. It hurts but you have to accept it and move on.

“You can’t be cautious when you play. Till the time you don’t meet all the fitness criteria, the NCA people will not clear you. As long as they clear you, you should not be having doubts on the field. That is what why I don’t hold myself back (even when it comes to diving on the field).

“Also, it is very important to be honest with the physio. Then only they can give you the right feedback. You cannot hide things from physios and trainers, else you will only get exposed.”

https://www.cricketcountry.com/news/...mission-759205
    lol at Jadhav's surprise at not being selected! One of the most unfit player ever to play the game!

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Zambia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WengerOut View Post
    Shami actually bowled better yesterday. Second best economy yesterday. Why is spray gun Umesh still in the squad?
    i think shami must be only used in TEST cricket as he is our No. 1 bowler in test.
    we have enought bowlers for one day cricket. Ishant & shami must be used in TEST only but Ishant can be useful as a 3rd seamer in england.
    Bumrah must be rotated in TEST and must not play in all test matches.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Team for three T20I match series against Windies announced

Rohit Sharma (C), Shikhar, KL Rahul, DK, Manish, Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant (wk), Krunal Pandya, Washington Sundar, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Bumrah, Khaleel Ahmed, Umesh Yadav, Shahbaz Nadeem

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When in Doubt- Act Stupid....... That's Pakistan Cricket for you.

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Khaleel Ahmed reprimanded for ‘aggressive celebration’

Fast bowler Khaleel Ahmed received an official warning and one demerit point for his aggressive celebration after taking the wicket of Marlon Samuels in the 4th ODI on Monday at Mumbai, which India won by 224 runs to lead the five-match series 2-1.

Khaleel was found guilty of a Level 1 breach of the ICC Code of Conduct for Players and Player Support Personnel relating to “using language, actions or gestures which disparage or which could provoke an aggressive reaction from a batter upon his/her dismissal during an international match”.

The incident happened in the 14th over, when Samuels caught in the slips by Rohit Sharma. Ahmed advanced aggressively towards the West Indian, which, in the view of the on-field umpires, could have provoked a reaction from the Windies player.

After the match, Ahmed admitted the offence and accepted the sanction proposed by Chris Broad of the Emirates ICC Elite Panel of Match Referees and, as such, there was no need for a formal hearing.

Ahmed returned impressive figures of 3 for 13 in his five overs.

The charge was levelled by on-field umpires Ian Gould and Anil Chaudhary, third umpire Paul Wilson, as well as fourth umpire Chettithody Shamshuddin.

Level 1 breaches carry a minimum penalty of an official reprimand, a maximum penalty of 50 per cent of a player’s match fee, and one or two demerit points.

https://www.cricketcountry.com/news/...bration-760704

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

‘India have a role-model-type leadership system’ – Nic Pothas

Nic Pothas, the Windies fielding coach, said the Windies players were not just playing India, they were learning from their opponents.

Pothas has seen many Indian teams up front – he was the former head coach of Sri Lanka – and one feeling he has always come away with after playing India is the winning environment promoted in the team.

"When young guys come into this team, they get comfortable really quickly,” said Pothas in Thiruvananthapuram on Wednesday, 31 October. “They get up to speed very quickly. Yes, they have the skill level to be able to do that, but that comes from coming into a winning environment where your senior players are your mentors.

“That's the reason why they're at the top of their game in all three formats and they will be for a long period of time. They're a world-class team. I love the way they go about planning. I've got a good relationship with their coaching staff as well as some of their players. So I'm aware of how they go about planning and I love it.

"Their work on a day-to-day basis, how they plan into the future, and the standards that they expect of the team … this team is always going to look to improve. And it comes from Virat Kohli and from their coaching staff. Definitely, a role model type of leadership system. You're always going to see people improve.”

That said, the Windies have played exceptionally well at times in this series. After going down 1-0 all too easily, the visitors fought stirringly to tie the second game. They went one better to beat India by 43 runs in the third ODI in Pune, before losing their way in Mumbai, where they suffered a 224-run loss.

Pothas admitted “fatigue is a possibility” for the loss, and pointed to someone like Jason Holder, the captain, who is involved in both Tests and ODIs.

"Jason is a world-class performer,” said Pothas. “We want to have him on the field every day for 365 days of the year – 24x7, if we could. [But] he's a human being, not a robot. In India, England, Australia, you can rest players as you have real quality coming through behind them.

“Unfortunately, we're not at that place where we can rest players when we want to, but, we've got to be realistic as well. Jason plays a lot of cricket and it's not just what he does on the field. As a leader and as a captain, he's doing a lot of work off it as well.”

The Windies have a young team, with Shimron Hetmyer and Shai Hope at the forefront of their current set-up. They’ve both played exceptionally, but there are also challenges they are having to learn from.

“The challenge is always going to be to execute over a 100 overs,” said Pothas. “If you're going to beat India or England or Australia or Pakistan, you've got to execute for a 100 overs. And it takes physical ability, it takes skill, it takes mental ability. And fitness certainly comes in too.

“We go to Bangladesh next, we have a little break and we play England in the Caribbean. It's a lot of cricket coming up. So physical fitness is always going to aid your recovery, it's going to aid your decision-making and it's going to aid your execution.

“Our young guys are learning all the time and they're having to learn at the international level, which is never easy. But they're getting better all the time and most importantly they're open to that learning. So we're very positive on them."

The fifth and final ODI will be played in Thiruvananthapuram on Thursday.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/894865

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    St John’s, ANTIGUA - Winning Super50 Cup Captain, Carlos Brathwaite will turn his attention to the WINDIES as he heads a 14-man squad for three T20Is against India, starting this Sunday, November 4.

The WINDIES will go in search of better results, following disappointing performances in the Tests and ODI series.

Among the 14, are Shai Hope and Shimron Hetmyer who made a giant leap into the top 30 of ODI batters as a result of their performances on this current tour of India. Hope and Hetmyer are 25th and 26threspectively in the latest MRF Tyres ICC Men’s Rankings.

The squad has a great mix of experience and youth “which presents a great opportunity for preparation for the 2020 WT20 Championship. The squad has seven first-timers for the WINDIES in this format at the international level; all of whom would have represented the WINDIES B and A for tours of Canada and England.

Chairman of Selectors, Courtney Browne, says “With the T20 World Cup two years away the process of rebuilding a squad to be a competitive unit for the tournament is critical at this stage. The introduction of young talent at this time gives the coaching staff some lead time to help them develop their skills and for the team to develop into a very competitive unit. The team retains some experienced players who will work alongside the younger group which is very important for their development. The journey will begin without some of our stalwarts noticeably Chris Gayle, Marlon Samuels and Samuel Badree. Andre Russell and Sunil Narine are injured at this time. Ashley Nurse will miss both the remainder of the India tour and the Bangladesh tour as he recovers from his injury. We wish the team every success on a challenging assignment in India.”

FULL SQUAD:

Fabian Allen

Carlos Brathwaite – (Captain)

Darren Bravo

Shimron Hetmyer

Shai Hope

Obed McCoy

Keemo Paul

Khary Pierre

Kieron Pollard

Nicholas Pooran

Rovman Powell

Denesh Ramdin

Sherfane Rutherford

Oshane Thomas

SCHEDULE:

1st T20I Sunday, November 4 Kolkata

2nd T20I Tuesday, November 6 Kanpur-Lucknow

3rd T20I Sunday, November 11 Chennai

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    St John’s, ANTIGUA - Winning Super50 Cup Captain, Carlos Brathwaite will turn his attention to the WINDIES as he heads a 14-man squad for three T20Is against India, starting this Sunday, November 4.

The WINDIES will go in search of better results, following disappointing performances in the Tests and ODI series.

Among the 14, are Shai Hope and Shimron Hetmyer who made a giant leap into the top 30 of ODI batters as a result of their performances on this current tour of India. Hope and Hetmyer are 25th and 26threspectively in the latest MRF Tyres ICC Men’s Rankings.

The squad has a great mix of experience and youth “which presents a great opportunity for preparation for the 2020 WT20 Championship. The squad has seven first-timers for the WINDIES in this format at the international level; all of whom would have represented the WINDIES B and A for tours of Canada and England.

Chairman of Selectors, Courtney Browne, says “With the T20 World Cup two years away the process of rebuilding a squad to be a competitive unit for the tournament is critical at this stage. The introduction of young talent at this time gives the coaching staff some lead time to help them develop their skills and for the team to develop into a very competitive unit. The team retains some experienced players who will work alongside the younger group which is very important for their development. The journey will begin without some of our stalwarts noticeably Chris Gayle, Marlon Samuels and Samuel Badree. Andre Russell and Sunil Narine are injured at this time. Ashley Nurse will miss both the remainder of the India tour and the Bangladesh tour as he recovers from his injury. We wish the team every success on a challenging assignment in India.”

FULL SQUAD:

Fabian Allen

Carlos Brathwaite – (Captain)

Darren Bravo

Shimron Hetmyer

Shai Hope

Obed McCoy

Keemo Paul

Khary Pierre

Kieron Pollard

Nicholas Pooran

Rovman Powell

Denesh Ramdin

Sherfane Rutherford

Oshane Thomas

SCHEDULE:

1st T20I Sunday, November 4 Kolkata

2nd T20I Tuesday, November 6 Kanpur-Lucknow

3rd T20I Sunday, November 11 Chennai

Seems real reason for Andre Russell not playing in T20I is a missed flight!

India will take on the Windies in the first match of the Twenty20 International (T20I) series on Sunday at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata but explosive all-rounder Andre Russell is yet to join the visitors for the first match of the series. Russell was included in the team along with Keiron Pollard and Darren Bravo but the 30-year-old has still not managed to reach Kolkata. Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) local manager Moin Bin Moksud, attache to the Windies team, has revealed that Russell missed his connecting flight from Dubai to Kolkata on Friday morning.

"Russell was supposed to come via Dubai. As far as I know, he missed the connecting flight," Moin Bin Moksud was quoted as saying by news agency IANS.

"Seven players including Brathwaite arrived via London on November 1. I don't have an update on Russell yet," he added.

Windies team media manager Trinidadian Naasira Mohammed refused to comment on Russell's status when asked why he was not seen in practice with the team.

"No comments, you will be sent a press release later," Naasira told IANS soon after skipper Carlos Brathwaite finished his pre-match media interaction.

A vital cog in Windies' wheel, Russell also plies his trade for Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) in the Indian Premier League (IPL) and was a key member of the team that won the title in 2014.

Russell was not part of Windies' ODI team due to injury, according to a release sent by Windies Cricket.

The 30-year old Jamaican was part of the team which lost the T20I series 1-2 to Bangladesh in the United States of America.

https://sports.ndtv.com/india-vs-wes...t-t20i-1942430

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    The Indian team management has named the 12 ahead of the first T20I at Eden Gardens, Kolkata. After winning the Test series 2-0 and a comprehensive 3-1 victory in the recently concluded ODI series, the Indian Cricket Team will now play Windies in the three-match Paytm T20I Series.

The following players have been selected for the 1st T2OI.

India team for last three Paytm ODIs against Windies announced

1) Rohit Sharma (Captain)
    2) Shikhar Dhawan
    3) KL Rahul
    4) Rishabh Pant (wicket-keeper)
    5) Manish Pandey
    6) Dinesh Karthik
    7) Krunal Pandya
    8) Kuldeep Yadav
    9) Bhuvneshwar Kumar
    10) Jasprit Bumrah
    11) Khaleel Ahmed
    12) Yuzvendra Chahal

http://www.bcci.tv/news/2018/news/17...i-in-announced

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Queen of Arabian Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another Pandya!! @Bhaag Viru Bhaag

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    India, 2-0 up in the three-match Twenty20 International series against the Windies, have decided to rest three frontline bowlers for the final T20I in Chennai on Sunday, 11 November.

Jasprit Bumrah and Kuldeep Yadav, who played both the T20Is, and Umesh Yadav, who only played the first, have now been left out for the final fixture, and paceman Siddarth Kaul has been called up for the tour-ending game.

“The decision has been made to allow the trio to be in the best physical condition ahead of India’s tour to Australia,” said the Board of Control for Cricket in India in a statement.

India won the Test series 2-0 and the one-day internationals 3-1.

Squad: Rohit Sharma (c), Shikhar Dhawan, KL Rahul, Dinesh Karthik (wk), Manish Pandey, Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant (wk), Krunal Pandya, Washington Sundar, Yuzvendra Chahal, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Khaleel Ahmed, Shahbaz Nadeem, Siddarth Kaul

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/903038