Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_outsider View Post
    He did pick a 4fer against SA just 2 matches before that. And had figures of 1/51 from 10 overs against Eng in the previous match.

The guy gets to play 1 match per series. Is it fair to judge him so harshly?
    He has no business debuting before siraj who is probably the best long format bowler in the country.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    He has no business debuting before siraj who is probably the best long format bowler in the country.
    But dropping Thakur after picking him and not playing even once will be little harsh.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JattMaula View Post
    But dropping Thakur after picking him and not playing even once will be little harsh.
    No it's not. He's a short, unathletic trundler who cant even bowl a nice tight line. Absolutely mediocre. And injury prone as well. Does not have the physique for fast bowling.

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No it's not. He's a short, unathletic trundler who cant even bowl a nice tight line. Absolutely mediocre. And injury prone as well. Does not have the physique for fast bowling.
    Also does not possess heart and skills either.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by giri26 View Post
    With the Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA), organisers of the fourth ODI between India and West Indies scheduled on October 29 at the Wankhede Stadium, left without any office bearer to sign vendor payments, the Supreme Court will step in to decide if MCA will be in a position to host the match or not.

According to a report in PTI on Wednesday, MCA Secretary Unmesh Khanwilkar along with another official sought help from the Bombay Court to form an ad-hoc committee. The High Court now has asked MCA to approach the apex court.

“The documentation work is going on. In a day or two the petitioners will approach the top court seeking directions for the conduct of the October 29 game,” MCA sources said.

Meanwhile, a few MCA officials had met a senior BCCI official on Tuesday to provide an update of the problems currently faced by the association with no authorised official to clear dues to vendors or salaries to employees. MCA officials will have another meeting with senior BCCI officials on Thursday.

https://www.cricketcountry.com/news/...-mumbai-754224
    Thank you SC and CoA!

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Team for first 2 ODIs against Windies announced

Virat Kohli (Capt), Rohit Sharma (vc), Shikhar Dhawan, Ambati Rayudu, Manish Pandey, MS Dhoni (wk),Rishabh Pant, R Jadeja, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Khaleel Ahmed, Shardul Thakur, KL Rahul
    Now that Shaw has proved that he could play at fast clip why was he not included in ODI squad as well?

And this pathetic excuse of him being in direct competition with Rohit and Dhawan is as lame as Dhoni's batting! Its not that one always gets his preferred batting position. If Rohit & Dhawan play for next 5-6 years does that mean Shaw will have to wait till then to be picked in Indian ODI team?

Not everyone is a softie like Rahul is...

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I see none other than Bharat Arun advocating for Rahul to stay in Indian team!

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I'm not saying said Thakur is the solution or that he should be in the WC squad. Personally, I would have Umesh and Shami in the squad before Thakur. But what I am saying is that dismissing him as a poor bowler given the limited chances he has received is ridicolous. The guy has played only 5 ODIs in his life. He has figures of 4/54 against SA, 1/51 against ENG and 1/24 against SL. But because of one bad show against HK people are cursing him.

Then you guys need to see a bit more of cricket. Thakur bowls 140-145ks. He is no trundler.

And Mohit Sharma, whom you seem so proud to hate got 13 wickets in 8 matches in the 2015 CWC at an avg of 25 and ER of less than 5 RPO.

So maybe you should get off your high horse from where you are judging these "trundlers" because they are performing for India when it matters the most.
    Thakur bowls 140-145k? Really? Even Thakur of Sholay will bowl better than this trundler.

You seem to be a huge supporter of trundlers. Never seen anyone defending them like you are doing here. Thank god you are not a selector otherwise you would have brought back Harvinder, Joginder and Barinder too.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Thakur bowls 140-145k? Really? Even Thakur of Sholay will bowl better than this trundler.

You seem to be a huge supporter of trundlers. Never seen anyone defending them like you are doing here. Thank god you are not a selector otherwise you would have brought back Harvinder, Joginder and Barinder too.
    This is the first time I've seen someone defending the likes of Thakur & Mohit!
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 12th October 2018 at 09:16.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    keep personal insults off this forum and thread pls. Stick to cricket arguments only

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who in their right mind could defend Dhoni is beyond me!

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Irony is that Dhoni himself bumped off guys like Sehwag, Ganguly, Gambhir etc from Indian team for being past their sell by dates. Who'll tell Dhoni that his sell by date passed more than 3 years back? Certainly not Kohli & Shastri. Not MSK or his other partners in crime.

Can all powerful CoA do that? I doubt.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    And the trundler got injured after bowling 10 balls. Was he even fit? He also got injured after being thrashed by amateur HK batsmen. Sat on his bum for 2 years carrying drinks, got a chance, got injured. This should be the last time for him in national squad.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MP2011 View Post
    Irony is that Dhoni himself bumped off guys like Sehwag, Ganguly, Gambhir etc from Indian team for being past their sell by dates. Who'll tell Dhoni that his sell by date passed more than 3 years back? Certainly not Kohli & Shastri. Not MSK or his other partners in crime.

Can all powerful CoA do that? I doubt.
    His own shame will. Remember how he was finished in tests by 2013-14, yet continued and mid of Aus tour retired like a coward running away from the battle.

I hope the upcoming Aus tour does the same to his ODI and T20 career as well.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No way Dhoni is going to retire on his own. Tests were different as he still had LoIs to fall back on. Now he won't have anything to elongate his brand presence. Without international cricket at his disposal, no sponsor worth his salt will shower him with moolah, IPL or no IPL.

BTW its a news to me that he has any shame or conscience left.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketindiafan View Post
    Remember how he was finished in tests by 2013-14, yet continued and mid of Aus tour retired like a coward running away from the battle.
    I remember his agents in media tried to portray that as a selfless act by a messiah.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are match highlights of the 6th ODI between India and SA, 2018 on Sony Liv.

You don't have to believe me. Go see the highlights and you can check the speed gun readings yourself.

There are a lot of people here on this forum who strut around thinking they are better than everybody else. Whereas the truth is that people like you have such poor knowledge of the game that sometimes I wonder why I even bother to engage with you.

You had no idea what the Ranji schedule was. And now, you are going about calling bowlers who bowl 142k as "trundlers". And then you think yourself as some bigshot because you have the "guts" to call out players for being trundlers. But of course you do it anonymously.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketindiafan View Post
    This should be the last time for him in national squad.
    Amount of influence Dhoni has on Kohli will suggest otherwise!

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MP2011 View Post
    Amount of influence Dhoni has on Kohli will suggest otherwise!
    I hope after some years Kohli won't act like Dhoni. Signs are not encouraging

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes that is true. I have been eagerly waiting for Siraj to debut for quite a while now.

I was really hoping he would get to debut on his home ground.

See Nikhil, a lot of people here seem to rhink, that just because I'm not stooping to their level and abusing a 27 year old boy (Thakur) for trying to do what he loves - that because of that I am some sort of "yes man of the BCCI" and what not.

No. That's not true. I am a much bigger fan of Siraj than I am of Thakur. But I don't like this culture we have developed where cricketers are ridiculed and calls for their banishment start coming in from the public (and some of our local "heroes" like @Bhaag Viru Bhaag).

I have had a hard life. I have seen people around me who have had even harder lives. It is against my belief to judge someone so harshly and so quickly after they have put in a lifetime's effort to play for the country.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kohli is already acting a lot like Dhoni, muddled selection policies, love for trundlers etc.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yes that is true. I have been eagerly waiting for Siraj to debut for quite a while now.

I was really hoping he would get to debut on his home ground.

See Nikhil, a lot of people here seem to rhink, that just because I'm not stooping to their level and abusing a 27 year old boy (Thakur) for trying to do what he loves - that because of that I am some sort of "yes man of the BCCI" and what not.

No. That's not true. I am a much bigger fan of Siraj than I am of Thakur. But I don't like this culture we have developed where cricketers are ridiculed and calls for their banishment start coming in from the public (and some of our local "heroes" like @Bhaag Viru Bhaag).

I have had a hard life. I have seen people around me who have had even harder lives. It is against my belief to judge someone so harshly and so quickly after they have put in a lifetime's effort to play for the country.
    Fair enough but shardul can play bilateral T20's for India and IPL. I have no problem with that. It may seem like an injustice to drop shardul but it's a greater injustice not to have siraj in the team. Which is why I think siraj should have played ahead of him.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair enough but shardul can play bilateral T20's for India and IPL. I have no problem with that. It may seem like an injustice to drop shardul but it's a greater injustice not to have siraj in the team. Which is why I think siraj should have played ahead of him.
    Yes even I wanted Siraj to play ahead of Shardul. Siraj is a more skillful bowler. No question about it.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    There are match highlights of the 6th ODI between India and SA, 2018 on Sony Liv.

You don't have to believe me. Go see the highlights and you can check the speed gun readings yourself.

There are a lot of people here on this forum who strut around thinking they are better than everybody else. Whereas the truth is that people like you have such poor knowledge of the game that sometimes I wonder why I even bother to engage with you.

You had no idea what the Ranji schedule was. And now, you are going about calling bowlers who bowl 142k as "trundlers". And then you think yourself as some bigshot because you have the "guts" to call out players for being trundlers. But of course you do it anonymously.
    Are you talking about yourself? Because you are the one who has issues with everyone posting their opinion here. I mean people can't even post their personal opinion and their fav XI because guys like you will come and question their selection.

There is a difference between posting your opinion and forcing your opinion onto others. At least I don't go around here and ask people to believe/like what I believe/like. I just say what I feel like and I see some intolerant posters quickly jumping on me.

So here is my personal opinion : 'Shardul Thakur is a trundler.'

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Keep him in the IPL please. Thank you.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you talking about yourself? Because you are the one who has issues with everyone posting their opinion here. I mean people can't even post their personal opinion and their fav XI because guys like you will come and question their selection.

There is a difference between posting your opinion and forcing your opinion onto others. At least I don't go around here and ask people to believe/like what I believe/like. I just say what I feel like and I see some intolerant posters quickly jumping on me.

So here is my personal opinion : 'Shardul Thakur is a trundler.'
    Deciding who is and who is not a "trundler" is not a matter of opinion. There is a definition of "trundler" isn't there? Even if it's a colloquial one.

Calling a bowler who bowls 140+ a trundler is factually incorrect. It's not an opinion. It is misrepresentation of facts.

You can advocate against Thakur's selection. I have no problem with that. Even I was looking forward to see Siraj today and was disappointed to see Shardul in the team. But that doesn't mean I will lie about Shardul to create a negative image of him.

And let's not talk about intolerance. Because I have not seen too many posters here who are as intolerant towards underperforming players as you are.
    Last edited by the_outsider; 12th October 2018 at 10:45.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Deciding who is and who is not a "trundler" is not a matter of opinion. There is a definition of "trundler" isn't there? Even if it's a colloquial one.

Calling a bowler who bowls 140+ a trundler is factually incorrect. It's not an opinion. It is misrepresentation of facts.

You can advocate against Thakur's selection. I have no problem with that. Even I was looking forward to see Siraj today and was disappointed to see Shardul in the team. But that doesn't mean I will lie about Shardul to create a negative image of him.

And let's not talk about intolerance. Because I have not seen too many posters here who are as intolerant towards underperforming players as you are.
    I stopped taking you seriously when you said that height has no advantage in fast bowling. Still I will try to explain it to you.

A bowler who is useless, has no impact, doesn't have any brain to bowl proper line and length and has an average speed of less than 140 is a trundler. You need an eye to spot these trundlers which surely you don't have.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @the_outsider - Though you are a good poster bro but lets be honest, Thakur is a rubbish bowler. He is only getting into playing XI due to nepotism. We hv much better bowlers than Thakur

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A bowler who is useless, has no impact, doesn't have any brain to bowl proper line and length and has an average speed of less than 140 is a trundler. You need an eye to spot these trundlers which surely you don't have.
    True.

Also is Indian cricket there to reward someone with slot in its test XI just because he has worked hard in his life? Every cricketer worth his salt works hard to reach even at state level. Its beyond cringe worthy to suggest that Thakur deserves his spot more than some others like Gurbani, Siraj, Avesh, Khaleel etc.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I stopped taking you seriously when you said that height has no advantage in fast bowling. Still I will try to explain it to you.

Please find the general opinions of your fellow posters about what accounts for trundling.

For your reference,

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...-Trundler-quot

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...d-as-Trundling

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    @the_outsider - Though you are a good poster bro but lets be honest, Thakur is a rubbish bowler. He is only getting into playing XI due to nepotism. We hv much better bowlers than Thakur
    Why nepotism? Does he have relatives within the system? I will be honest I don't know about any such thing.

And is Thakur the best among the current crop of Indian bowlers or even India probables like Siraj? Of course not. I myself made a Performace Watch thread for Siraj. I didn't make one for Thakur. It's very clear that Umesh, Siraj, Shami are all better bowlers.

But what I don't appreciate is the severity of criticism that he receives. Like you calling him "rubbish". That's unfair. Sid Kaul is rubbish. I never try to defend him.

But you look at the chances Thakur gets. He debuted in Aug, 2017. In more than 1 year, he has played only 5 matches. I'm not saying that that's not fair. Bhuvi and Bumrah were rightly playing ahead of him. But it's so difficult, especially for a bowler, to come in for 1 match every 3 months and perform straight away.

In 2017, he still got to go and play matches for IND A for the last 2 years, you will see that he has picked up wickets at an avg of 25. Even when he played for the senior team, out of 5 matches, in 3 he put up performances such as

1/24 vs SL
    4/54 vs SA
    1/51 vs ENG

What has the poor guy done so wrong that everybody is just waiting so eagerly to chop his head off? Are these really the performaces of someone who is "rubbish".

Shardul Thakur might very well be your least favorite player. That's fine. But it shouldn't mean that he should be treated like this by fans.

It is very easy to back and respect the Kohlis, Roots and Starcs of the world. They are all superstars and ultra-talented. There is nothing in great in singing their praise. Everyone knows how good they are. But that doesn't mean that players who are not super-talented should be treated like 3rd class citizens by the "fans".

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on what I have seen of Shardul Thakur at international level, there is no way he is the best available new ball talent among those playing at domestic cricket. He may be a great performer at domestic level, but I am not convinced that he is cut out to play international cricket, at least not for a team that is ranked number one among test teams.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Why nepotism? Does he have relatives within the system? I will be honest I don't know about any such thing.

And is Thakur the best among the current crop of Indian bowlers or even India probables like Siraj? Of course not. I myself made a Performace Watch thread for Siraj. I didn't make one for Thakur. It's very clear that Umesh, Siraj, Shami are all better bowlers.

But what I don't appreciate is the severity of criticism that he receives. Like you calling him "rubbish". That's unfair. Sid Kaul is rubbish. I never try to defend him.

But you look at the chances Thakur gets. He debuted in Aug, 2017. In more than 1 year, he has played only 5 matches. I'm not saying that that's not fair. Bhuvi and Bumrah were rightly playing ahead of him. But it's so difficult, especially for a bowler, to come in for 1 match every 3 months and perform straight away.

In 2017, he still got to go and play matches for IND A for the last 2 years, you will see that he has picked up wickets at an avg of 25. Even when he played for the senior team, out of 5 matches, in 3 he put up performances such as

1/24 vs SL
    4/54 vs SA
    1/51 vs ENG

What has the poor guy done so wrong that everybody is just waiting so eagerly to chop his head off? Are these really the performaces of someone who is "rubbish".

Shardul Thakur might very well be your least favorite player. That's fine. But it shouldn't mean that he should be treated like this by fans.

It is very easy to back and respect the Kohlis, Roots and Starcs of the world. They are all superstars and ultra-talented. There is nothing in great in singing their praise. Everyone knows how good they are. But that doesn't mean that players who are not super-talented should be treated like 3rd class citizens by the "fans".
    What an emotional post. It's perfectly alright if you like to support Thakurs and Kauls. Nobody can stop you from supporting mediocrity. I just feel bad for Harvinder, Joginder and Barinder that they didn't have a fan like you.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What an emotional post. It's perfectly alright if you like to support Thakurs and Kauls. Nobody can stop you from supporting mediocrity. I just feel bad for Harvinder, Joginder and Barinder that they didn't have a fan like you.
    If Shardul, Joginder and Sran were all the same people, I'm sure your "taunt" would make sense. Alas...

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Keep him in the IPL please. Thank you.
    International T20 team will obviously have the best performers in IPL. If it's not shardul it will be kaul

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    India is actually playing this series without its top 4 pace bowlers: Shami, BK, Ishant and Bumrah.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thakur reminds me of fast bowling legends like Dinda and Vinay Kumar. And not in a good way.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahul1 View Post
    Thakur reminds me of fast bowling legends like Dinda and Vinay Kumar. And not in a good way.
    Why do they keep bringing him back. He gets smashed around in LOIs too.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Mumbai: A miffed Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) Saturday shot off a letter to the BCCI's Committee of Administrators (CoA), asking them the reasons behind shifting the fourth One-Day International between India and West Indies from Wankhede Stadium to the Cricket Club of India.

The development came a day after the BCCI shifted the fourth ODI CCI's Brabourne Stadium, which is stone's throw away from the Wankhede.

MCA CEO CS Naik, in an email communication to the CoA, claimed that they did not receive any communication from the BCCI in this regard and the development came as a "surprsie" to them.

Wankhede Stadium ahead of the 4th India vs England Test match. Image courtesy: Twitter/@BCCIFile image of Wankhede Stadium . Image courtesy: Twitter/@BCCI
    "This is with reference to our trailing email regarding hosting of the 4th One Day International match between India and West Indies on 29th October 2018 at Wankhede Stadium.

"We have not received any communication from your end in this regard. We are surprised to learn from the media reports that the said match has been shifted to Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai. We would request you to kindly let us know the reasons for shifting of the said match," Naik wrote in the mail.

MCA has also uploaded the said communication on its website, a copy of which is in possession of PTI.

The Brabourne Stadium, which is minutes away from the Wankhede, last hosted an ODI in 2006. It last hosted a Test match in 2009 when India played against Sri Lanka.

Besides Naik's email, the MCA has also made public it's communication with the CoA on the conduct of the match and the committee's response to it.

MCA, which is facing host of difficulties, had cited financial constrains in hosting the match.

Earlier this year, the Bombay High Court had appointed a Committe of Administrators comprising two retired Judges to look into the affairs of MCA but they relinquished their charge on 14 September.

Since then there has been an administrative vaccum in the MCA and there is no authorised person to operate its bank accounts.

Senior MCA officials, including managing commitee member Ganesh Iyer, had twice last week met BCCI CEO Rahul Johri and requested the Board to conduct the game, which was eventually shifted to CCI.

https://www.firstpost.com/firstcrick...e-5374061.html

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter