Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    VADODARA, Gujarat – The West Indies Senior Men’s Team drew their two-day warm-up match against a BCCI President’s XI at the Reliance Cricket Stadium in Vadodara, which saw fearless batting from Sunil Ambris who struck a brilliant centuty and half centuries from Kraigg Brathwaite and Shane Dowrich.

The WINDIES batsmen took to the crease on another day of high humidity. Going after the BCCI XI’s first innings total of 360/6. Kraigg Brathwaite and Kieran Powell started a patient innings in chasing the total. The pair batted sensibly in the opening overs, drawing out the singles and two’s when they could. Then in the twenty-fourth over Kieran Powell started the attack, taking 2 sixes from the over.

Brathwaite then joined Powell in attacking the bowlers, taking 9-fours of his own, to reach his half-century. Powell added 2-fours to the 2-sixes on his way to 44. The WINDIES went to lunch on 96/0, on resumption, both batsmen retired. This saw Shai Hope and Shimron Hetmyer coming to the crease. Hetmyer struck 1-six on his way to 7 runs before he was caught and bowled by Smit Patel. New batsman Roston Chase didn’t last any longer than his teammate, he fell LBW to Avesh Khan for 5.

Hope was joined by Shane Dowrich and the pair went about the target with fearless batting. Dowrich dissected the BCCI XI’s field, on his way to striking nine boundaries and a six. While Hope provided the support that Dowrich needed in going after the runs. This partnership added 99 runs before Dowrich fell for a well-played 65.

Making a return to the WINDIES Senior Men’s team, Sunil Ambris was eager to make up for lost time. He instantly started going after the bowlers, not caring if it was spin or seam. Hope stuck around with him, adding a few runs before he fell for 36. Jahmar Hamilton then joined Ambris and the pair added a further 50 runs before Hamilton fell for a supportive 23, inclusive of 4-fours. Ambris soldiered on as wickets were falling at the other end. Keemo Paul fell in the very next ball after Hamilton for 0.

Jomel Warrican struck 9 runs before Saurabh Kumar accounted for his wicket, caught by Bawne. Ambris then found an able partner to stick with him in newcomer Shermon Lewis. Lewis defended in addition to getting 8-runs to his name, as he ensured that Ambris got the runs. Ambris struck 17-fours and 5-sixes on his way to 114 not out, guiding the WINDIES to 366/7 in 89 of the 90 allotted overs. Players and Umpires shook hands, ending the 2-day match in a draw.

Speaking at the end of the match, Kraigg Brathwaite who captained the WINDIES said “I thought the pitch was really good and I know the team enjoyed playing here. We’ve used this match to get a game in Indian conditions before the start of the first Test on Thursday in Rajkot. We now have to carry forward the positives we’ve identified from this match and I’m sure it’ll serve us well in the first Test.”
    It was board president XI and not BCCI XI.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I am expecting Sunil Ambris to give some headaches to our bowlers.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    I am expecting Sunil Ambris to give some headaches to our bowlers.
    Yeah he is already in record books with his first innings hit wicket golden duck

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yeah Kohli should be rested for the Australia tour as well. He has already proved himself in Australia.
    I told just to check who qualifies for No.6 and openers spot (even No.5)! With Kohli in the team he masks everyone by dominating this average WI team and everything goes unnoticed! As you too wish we could have played Karun Nair as well in this series if Kohli was not playing. I would rather want Kohli to play all the practice matches in Australia (additional practice matches, even 2 more if possible - total 5+ practice matches its so worth!) and make sure India wins it first time in Australia with adequate preparation and precise team combination (don't want to be another English or South African tour, even if PP trolls that India beat depleted Australia I don't care, because even Pakistan is taking on the same Australian side)!

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems you took the word superstar too seriously.

Well they all are superstars of Indian cricket. Even Axar Patel is a superstar too.

It's just a matter of how they are treated differently by selectors. Rahul can be dropped after few failures, Karun Nair can be dropped even after scoring a triple hundred, guys like Pandya can get picked again and again even after average performances, sharduls and karthiks keep getting chances after chances. There is no consistency in their selections.
    Its not that simple. Karun Nair has been treated unfairly and deserved a chance to play in the XI before Vihari in the last test in England. He should also have been given a chance here.

But, you need to look at the overall picture. A pace bowing all-rounder is quite rare to come by, especially in India. Its probably the rarest kind of player in the setup and when a pace bowling AR performs, the team suddenly has 12 players. On the other hand, there is no shortage of MO bats in the domestic cricket. So, its natural that a pace bowling AR will get more chances than any Opener/MO/Spinner.

I would rather compare the treatment of Nair to someone like Rohit Sharma who kept getting picked for the test side, failure after failure. Rohit would end up getting a series against an easy opposition at home (SL last year), make a couple of hundreds, guarantee his place for an overseas tour, usurp a settled bat like Rahane or Pujara and invariably fail. Karun Nair, on the other hand has not been given so many opportunities. His runs in India does not guarantee him a spot in the XI in the next test.

For some players, the team management talks about form, but for others its horses for courses. For example, in the 2nd test against SA last year, Rohit Sharma was kept in the side, because he had shown form in the previous series in India. On the other hand, Bhuvi was dropped, despite taking wickets in the 1st test in SA, and scoring more runs than Rohit in the same test.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The joke of a team management and selectors strike again.

They have named 12 players for the test starting tomorrow.

Shaw, Rahul, Pujara, Kohli, Rahane, Pant (wk), Ashwin, Jadeja, Shami, Umesh, Kuldeep, Thakur

They have gone for Thakur ahead of Siraj, who has taken truckloads of wickets. Thakur was injured and is the preferred option. In fact Siraj should have played ahead of even Umesh, but these bojos just don't to prefer a youngster.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You have a guy who has taken nearly 50 wickets@ under 20 in recent matches playing for India A< how do you reward him? By preferring a trundler ahead of him.

I heard team management has requested for a fast and bouncy wicket (not sure if possible at Rajkot). Was the best opportunity to blood a young pacer. But no, these jokers are so conservative and will always prefer some 'experience'. This when Kohli and Shastri both made their international debuts as 17-18 year olds. Really clownish decisions.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India announced their team of 12 players but Agarwal and Vihari Left out from the 12 member team.

Shaw
    K.rahul
    Pujara
    Virat
    Rahane
    Pant
    Ashwin
    Jadeja
    Kuldeep
    Shami
    Umesh
    -----_-----
    Thakur

Roach out of Rajkot test as his Grandmother Passed Away in Westindies

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    As India announced their 12-member team for the first Test against West Indies starting tomorrow, captain Virat Kohli welcomed BCCI’s move of handing youngsters such as Prithvi Shaw and Mayank Agarwal their long-awaited opportunity to represent the national team. The highlight of the team to feature in Rajkot on Friday was the inclusion of Under-19 World Cup winning captain Prithvi Shaw, who will become the 293rd player to play for India and partner KL Rahul at the top.

Shaw was widely tipped to make his international debut against England following an excellent show for the India A teams during 2018. But it was another youngster, Hanuma Vihari, who got the nod ahead of Shaw and scored a half-century on debut in the final Test at the Oval. Besides Vihari and Shaw, BCCI also handed a maiden Test call-up to Mayank Agarwal, although the batsman not been included for the first Test.

“We will like to take the series as a benchmark we want to set and we want to keep repeating those things. With a couple of new guys coming at the top of the order, they have the opportunity to show the skill-set that they have,” Kohli said while addressing the media on the eve of the first Test.

“It’s an exciting opportunity for them, something that they should look at a chance and not a thing of pressure because they are very young and it’s a great chance for them to cement a place and play for a long time. It’s heartening to see that in four-day cricket, so many guys are scoring heaps of runs and continuously doing that apart from playing the IPL. I think it’s a very healthy sign and something that will keep Indian cricket in good shape. These guys will surely take the responsibility and take Indian cricket forward.”

Post the tour of England, India were scheduled to embark on the high-profile tour of Australia in November, before the BCCI slotted a short two-Test series at home. Despite being considered an opportunity to fine-tune a few things ahead of the tour Down Under, Kohli pointed out that although playing a Test is always a great opportunity for players, it is preferable to indulge in a bigger series considering there is room to focus on things on a larger scale.

“When it comes to Test matches, whether a two-match series makes sense or not, we don’t think about it,” added the Indian captain. “That is because you have to play well to win a Test match and you can’t focus on any other thing. We’ve played one Test match series also in the past which is not heard of much. But yes, as a side you want to see a three or four Tests because then you have ample time to test your skills and see the areas you need to improve on.

Kohli added that the need to alter things for the first Test was done considering the need to give these young players time to feel good and confident about themselves. While opinions have been divided over Kohli’s incessant habit of chopping and changing things, the 29-year-old believes India is a settled unit, particularly in the batting department.

“We have a change in the top of the order and it was decided that we will give these guys enough space and chances to feel comfortable at that position because we want them to be confident about their positions,” Kohli said. “I think, apart from the top order getting cemented I don’t think that these two Test matches there is a lot that we are looking at. I still feel it’s quite settled. It’s just that these guys were due so they’ll take a bit of time to get into it.”

https://www.cricketcountry.com/news/...t-kohli-751812

Name:  IMG_20181003_105020.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  28.5 KB
    Last edited by MenInG; 3rd October 2018 at 07:51.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mayank with 1200 runs in domestic I think very unlucky so is Siraj.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why have they kept out Vihari is beyond my understanding?
    Anyone!

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by navin View Post
    Why have they kept out Vihari is beyond my understanding?
    Anyone!
    Because India is playing just 5 batsmen again! I guess this is Rahane's last series. If he fails in this relatively easier tour, then he should be thrown out of the team!

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    People mistaking one format with another makes me sad. Thakur is a good first class cricket bowler. And he is with team since last year. No harm if he is tried before Siraj.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamLakhan View Post
    Because India is playing just 5 batsmen again! I guess this is Rahane's last series. If he fails in this relatively easier tour, then he should be thrown out of the team!
    Rahane is a mediocrity masquerading as a test player based on a fluky innings.

Debut
    Jun 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Siraj should have been picked. I know Shardul is a decent first class seamer, but he is nowhere even near as good as Siraj, both statistically and skill-wise.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How come this series isn't on Sky Sports in the UK? Any Indian poster or mods know the reason for this ?

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who will be showing it in UK?

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    How come this series isn't on Sky Sports in the UK? Any Indian poster or mods know the reason for this ?
    Sky sports became a waste recently. If you look into their live matches schedule for 2018, they hv picked more women's cricket and skipped many important series (like Ind vs WI, Pak vs Aust, Asia cup etc). Also they keep on showing those garbage shows like Nasser Hussain masterclass, Ian Botham classic etc. They need to understand people wants to see live games...they can watch all those documentaries in youtube as well.

My biggest worry if they will show Ind tour of Aust

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketindiafan View Post
    The joke of a team management and selectors strike again.

They have named 12 players for the test starting tomorrow.

Shaw, Rahul, Pujara, Kohli, Rahane, Pant (wk), Ashwin, Jadeja, Shami, Umesh, Kuldeep, Thakur

They have gone for Thakur ahead of Siraj, who has taken truckloads of wickets. Thakur was injured and is the preferred option. In fact Siraj should have played ahead of even Umesh, but these bojos just don't to prefer a youngster.
    I am sure Siraj will play the next match.

Umesh had to be given a game because he's been on the bench for too long. And he's been bowling very well so it's not like his position is under scrutiny.

I think the reason they are testing Thakur is because the team management sees him as a like-for-like replacement for Bhuvi because those two are the only pacers who can bat a bit and can thus extent the lower-order batting. You have to admit that we have one of the worst tails in cricket right now, especially in ODIs.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 3rd October 2018 at 13:19.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_outsider View Post
    I am sure Siraj will play the next match.

Umesh had to be given a game because he's been on the bench for too long. And he's been bowling very well so it's not like his position is under scrutiny.

I think the reason they are testing Thakur is because the team management sees him as a like-for-like replacement for Bhuvi because those two are the only pacers who can bat a bit and can thus extent the lower-order batting. You have to admit that we have one of the worst tails in cricket right now, especially in ODIs.
    But Siraj is not playing ODIs!! The guy has taken nearly 50 FC wickets @15 in last 3-4 months. Can't remember any bowler having such returns for India A in my memory. If you do not reward such performance, whats the mesaage you are sending.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    Sky sports became a waste recently. If you look into their live matches schedule for 2018, they hv picked more women's cricket and skipped many important series (like Ind vs WI, Pak vs Aust, Asia cup etc). Also they keep on showing those garbage shows like Nasser Hussain masterclass, Ian Botham classic etc. They need to understand people wants to see live games...they can watch all those documentaries in youtube as well.

My biggest worry if they will show Ind tour of Aust
    BT Sport have the Australian cricket rights.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I think WI look decent in Tests. In Gabriel, Holder, Brathwaite, Hope, Dowrich and Bishoo they have an experienced core. Really would like to see them push India.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But Siraj is not playing ODIs!! The guy has taken nearly 50 FC wickets @15 in last 3-4 months. Can't remember any bowler having such returns for India A in my memory. If you do not reward such performance, whats the mesaage you are sending.
    I understand. I was really looking forward to Siraj's debut too. I even made his "Performance Watch" thread here on PP.

But I also understand that this team is trying to identify people for the WC squad. Yes, this is tests, not ODIs. But the fact is that it's become very difficult to give game time to players. And game time is very important to develop a player, regardless of the format. That's probably why I think Thakur is being given a game before Siraj.

See, India's pace attack for tests is totally settled. TBH we don't need any reinforcements immediately. So we do have the luxury of holding back Siraj for a little longer.

But that is not the case with our ODI setup. Imagine Bhuvi gets injured right before the WC. Who is his replacement? Who can give you 8-10 overs of pace and also bat at 8? No one! Except Thakur.

So while I am unhappy that Siraj didn't get a game, I understand what the team management might be trying to do here, keeping the WC in mind.
    Last edited by the_outsider; 3rd October 2018 at 11:19.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand. I was really looking forward to Siraj's debut too. I even made his "Performance Watch" thread here on PP.

But I also understand that this team is trying to identify people for the WC squad. Yes, this is tests, not ODIs. But the fact is that it's become very difficult to give game time to players. And game time is very important to develop a player, regardless of the format. That's probably why I think Thakur is being given a game before Siraj.

See, India's pace attack for tests is totally settled. TBH we don't need any reinforcements immediately. So we do have the luxury of holding back Siraj for a little longer.

But that is not the case with our ODI setup. Imagine Bhuvi gets injured right before the WC. Who is his replacement? Who can give you 8-10 overs of pace and also bat at 8? No one! Except Thakur.

So while I am unhappy that Siraj didn't get a game, I understand what the team management might be trying to do here, keeping the WC in mind.
    I don't know why are you considering Thakur as a replacement for Bhuvi just because Thakur can bat a bit. I honestly feel this Thakur guy will be thrashed like always and even if he scores a quick fire 20s or 30s with the bat it's certainly not gonna help because he's simply not an international material and he is not even a containing bowler like Bhuvi. I don't see him bowling at 6 RPO at all. He's someone who can go at 10 RPO at death. I have seen enough of his LOI cricket. I would rather have a proper Bowler who can pick crucial wickets in PP and at death and control the RR even if he's a dud with the bat. The impact of a player is what matters and Thakur is just a no-impact player. There's no point in backing him.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 3rd October 2018 at 12:32.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I don't know why are you considering Thakur as a replacement for Bhuvi just because Thakur can bat a bit. I honestly feel this Thakur guy will be thrashed like always and even if he scores a quick fire 20s or 30s with the bat it's certainly not gonna help because he's simply not an international material and he is not even a containing bowler like Bhuvi. I don't see him bowling at 6 RPO at all. He's someone who can go at 10 RPO at death. I have seen enough of his LOI cricket. I would rather have a proper Bowler who can pick crucial wickets in PP and at death and control the RR even if he's a dud with the bat. The impact of a player is what matters and Thakur is just a no-impact player. There's no point in backing him.
    If we replace Bhuvi with a bowler who cannot bat then our tail starts at number 8 with Pandya coming in at 7. Do you really feel comfortable about that?

England has batters all the way down to number 10. That's a big reason why their batsmen have the freedom to go hard at the top and that is why they score 350 so frequently.

I am not saying that Thakur has to be the guy who replaces Bhuvi. But whoever it is has to be able to contribute with the bat. If we want to be competitive at the WC, have no other choice.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    On the eve of the first Test match versus India in Rajkot, the WINDIES are focused on playing a patient game against the host and number one-ranked Test team, India.

The WINDIES arrived in India a week ago and has since played a two-day warm-up match against a BCCI XI which ended in a draw. The team had solid batting performances from centurion Sunil Ambris, with half-centuries from Vice-Captain Kraigg Brathwaite and Shane Dowrich. Devendra Bishoo also had a decent bowling spell, picking up three wickets.

WINDIES Captain Jason Holder complimented the patient style of play during the warm-up match, indicating that the team will remain focused and play a complete and patient game without looking at the names in the Indian team’s line-up.

Holder indicated that the team is ready for the challenge and that they all share the same mindset, of solid performances and playing good cricket.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The “garbage” that Kaul and Thakur produced vs Afghanistan is enough to show their quality in ODIs. Better to pick specialists than Thakur.
    Last edited by alized; 8th October 2018 at 07:02. Reason: Inappropriate

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thakur and kaul need to be thrown and never looked at again.We don't want a return to the trundler era in indian cricket.Look to guys like siraj,mavi,nagarkoti,avesh.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    WINDIES ODI AND T20I SQUADS FOR INDIA TOUR ANNOUNCED

St John’s, ANTIGUA – Three young players have been selected into the WINDIES white-ball squads for the tour of India. With less than a year to go before the 2019 Cricket World Cup and two years before the next World T20 in Australia, plans are being put in place to prepare the team for these important ICC global events.

ODI Squad

Chairman of the Selection Panel, Courtney Browne explained “as we continue our Cricket World Cup preparations, the upcoming tour of India provides a great opportunity to expose some of our young talent. Opener, Hemraj Chanderpaul, all-rounder Fabian Allen and fast bowler Oshane Thomas will get their opportunity to showcase their skills, along with Sunil Ambris, who is returning to the fold. We will be without our stalwart, Chris Gayle for this Indian tour and the next tour against Bangladesh as he has declined selection at this time, however, he has made himself available for the selection for the visit of England to the Caribbean and the CWC in 2019.”

Andre Russell has been ruled out of all 50-over cricket due to injury and Alzarri Joseph will undergo a fitness test before leaving for India.

T20I Squad

Courtney Browne added that, “with the 2020 ICC World T20 two years away and the limited amount of T20 Internationals within the next year, the panel believes at this juncture it is time to invest in the young players that have emerged over the last two years from WINDIES A and B teams, along with 2018 CPL. The panel believes that this new group of cricketers, in addition to their cricketing skills, will have the athleticism needed to improve our fielding, which will be vital to our success. The selection of a young group two years prior to the World T20 gives the coaching staff time to help them with their skills and for the team to develop into a cohesive and competitive unit. The team will continue to retain some experienced players who will work alongside the younger group. We wish the team every success on a challenging assignment in India and, offer our congratulations to the players making their international debuts and welcome back Darren Bravo and Kieran Pollard to international cricket.”

Chief Executive Officer, Johnny Grave, confirmed the reasons for the early squad announcements saying “the team will have a camp before the start of the ODI series in Guwahati, so we had to select the squad before the start of the Super50 Cup, in order to organize flights and visas. With the CPL finishing last month, there was no reason to delay announcing the T20 squad.”

ODI Squad - India 2018

Jason Holder (Captain)
    Fabian Allen
    Sunil Ambris
    Devendra Bishoo
    Chanderpaul Hemraj
    Shimron Hetmyer
    Shai Hope
    Alzarri Joseph
    Evin Lewis
    Ashley Nurse
    Keemo Paul
    Rovman Powell
    Kemar Roach
    Marlon Samuels
    Oshane Thomas

T20I Squad to India 2018

Carlos Brathwaite (Captain)
    Fabian Allen
    Darren Bravo
    Shimron Hetmyer
    Evin Lewis
    Obed McCoy
    Ashley Nurse
    Keemo Paul
    Khary Pierre
    Kieron Pollard
    Rovman Powell
    Denesh Ramdin
    Andre Russell
    Sherfane Rutherford
    Oshane Thomas

The ODI & T20I schedule for the tour of India is:

1st ODI October 21 Guwahati
    2nd ODI October 24 Visakhapatnam
    3rd ODI October 27 Pune
    4th ODI October 29 Mumbai
    5th ODI November 1 Trivanthapuram
    1st T20I November 4 Kolkata
    2nd T20I November 6 Kanpur-Lucknow
    3rd T20I November 11 Chennai

https://www.windiescricket.com/news/...our-announced/

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That looks like a very ordinary ODI squad.

I really hope India doesn't play a full strength squad for the ODIs. Kohli, Pandya, Bumrah, Dhawan should all rest.

That way KL, Manish, Iyer, Umesh, Khaleel, etc can get regular games.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That looks like a very ordinary ODI squad.

I really hope India doesn't play a full strength squad for the ODIs. Kohli, Pandya, Bumrah, Dhawan should all rest.

That way KL, Manish, Iyer, Umesh, Khaleel, etc can get regular games.
    It is especially important for the pacers to get rest. For the batsmen to play a few more games doesn't really lead to injury like it does to pacers.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Find it surprising that Darren Bravo is not in Test and ODI squad but has been picked in T20 squad. Yes he's had a great CPL, but he's a quality batsman who should be playing all formats.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Think India will see off WI with ease - no problems at all.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to feel for West Indian Cricket. They should just quit instead of making fools of themselves.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Find it surprising that Darren Bravo is not in Test and ODI squad but has been picked in T20 squad. Yes he's had a great CPL, but he's a quality batsman who should be playing all formats.
    He hasn't played any ODIs since he cancelled the Indian tour midway in 2014 as captain. Looks like WICB might never bring him back to ODIs. Maybe even WC.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    According to Aaj Tak news channel

'West Indies made a big fraud with India. No big player will play the ODI series'

And I have read comments like 'India also sends their B team to Zimbabwe so what's wrong in West Indies sending their C team?'

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Think India will see off WI with ease - no problems at all.
    There is no fun in beating West Indies team without their big players.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Chandni Chowk, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A lot of people are undermining this young West Indian team. They can beat any mid tier team. India at their best and at home is making this team look worse than it actually is.

Even on this tour I am predicting a few surprises either in terms of team performance or individual.

Hope, Heytmyer, Gabriel, Beaithwaite are all talented lads.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They don't have any big players anymore!!

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who are these so-called big players? They got some good T20 players but those hacks wont be able to buy a run in ODI and Test cricket.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to Aaj Tak news channel

'West Indies made a big fraud with India. No big player will play the ODI series'

And I have read comments like 'India also sends their B team to Zimbabwe so what's wrong in West Indies sending their C team?'
    Only has declined to tour Ind, Gayle is almost spent force.

Pollard and Darren Bravo are part of the team and Dre Russell is injuired he may join T20 squad later.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Westindies tour of India 8 limited over matches

ODI squad: Jason Holder (c), Fabian Allen, Sunil Ambris, Devendra Bishoo, Chanderpaul Hemraj, Shimron Hetmyer, Shai Hope, Alzarri Joseph, Evin Lewis, Ashley Nurse, Keemo Paul, Rovman Powell, Kemar Roach, Marlon Samuels, Oshane Thomas

T20I squad: Carlos Brathwaite (c), Fabian Allen, Darren Bravo, Shimron Hetmyer, Evin Lewis, Obed McCoy, Ashley Nurse, Keemo Paul, Khary Pierre, Kieron Pollard, Rovman Powell, Denesh Ramdin, Andre Russell, Sherfane Rutherford, Oshane Thomas

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't matter who they send. They are going to be thrashed.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shaw, Rahul, Mayank, Gill, Iyer, Pant (wk), Jadhav, Hardik Pandya, Krunal Pandya, Shreyas Gopal, Kuldeep, Chahal, Siraj, Khaleel, Shivam Mavi, Prasidh Krishna

Let us play this team vs WI. Nothing to lose.

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Supreme Court to decide if fourth ODI can be held in Mumbai

With the Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA), organisers of the fourth ODI between India and West Indies scheduled on October 29 at the Wankhede Stadium, left without any office bearer to sign vendor payments, the Supreme Court will step in to decide if MCA will be in a position to host the match or not.

According to a report in PTI on Wednesday, MCA Secretary Unmesh Khanwilkar along with another official sought help from the Bombay Court to form an ad-hoc committee. The High Court now has asked MCA to approach the apex court.

“The documentation work is going on. In a day or two the petitioners will approach the top court seeking directions for the conduct of the October 29 game,” MCA sources said.

Meanwhile, a few MCA officials had met a senior BCCI official on Tuesday to provide an update of the problems currently faced by the association with no authorised official to clear dues to vendors or salaries to employees. MCA officials will have another meeting with senior BCCI officials on Thursday.

https://www.cricketcountry.com/news/...-mumbai-754224

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    India vs West Indies: Hosts name unchanged 12-man squad for Hyderabad Test

India are likely to play an unchanged XI for the second Test against West Indies starting Friday in Hyderabad, after the BCCI tweeted the same 12-man squad as it had done for the Rajkot game.

Uncapped pace bowler Shardul Thakur is the 12th man listed, which means that there will be no debut for Mayank Agarwal or Mohammed Siraj or a look-in for Hanuma Vihari.

India crushed West Indies in the first Test by an innings and 272 runs for their biggest ever win with the 18-year-old debutant, Prithvi Shaw, named Man of the Match for his century.

India’s 12-man squad: Virat Kohli (capt), KL Rahul, Prithvi Shaw, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane, Rishabh Pant (wk), Ravindra Jadeja, R Ashwin, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Umesh Yadav, Shardul Thakur

https://www.cricketcountry.com/news/...ad-test-754289

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Team for first 2 ODIs against Windies announced

Virat Kohli (Capt), Rohit Sharma (vc), Shikhar Dhawan, Ambati Rayudu, Manish Pandey, MS Dhoni (wk),Rishabh Pant, R Jadeja, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Khaleel Ahmed, Shardul Thakur, KL Rahul

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Team for first 2 ODIs against Windies announced

Virat Kohli (Capt), Rohit Sharma (vc), Shikhar Dhawan, Ambati Rayudu, Manish Pandey, MS Dhoni (wk),Rishabh Pant, R Jadeja, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Khaleel Ahmed, Shardul Thakur, KL Rahul
    How is Shardul getting picked even after the flogging he got from Hong Kong batsmen!!

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WengerOut View Post
    How is Shardul getting picked even after the flogging he got from Hong Kong batsmen!!
    He did pick a 4fer against SA just 2 matches before that. And had figures of 1/51 from 10 overs against Eng in the previous match.

The guy gets to play 1 match per series. Is it fair to judge him so harshly?

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He did pick a 4fer against SA just 2 matches before that. And had figures of 1/51 from 10 overs against Eng in the previous match.

I have seen him 5 times playing for India. Batsmen were easily dispatching him. Nothing special. Heck, Mehedy Hasan was smashing him left, right and center.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What’s the point in Dhawan, Rohit, Kohli and Dhoni playing this ODI series. How inssecure are these guys?

Now that they are there, hope Pant gets to bat in top 3, Rayudu andPandey as well. Can’t have Rohit and Dhawan scoring bulk of the runs again. Tells us nothing, moves us nowhere.

Good to see Shami back. Shami and Khaleel should be the two pacers.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pant might be pushed down the order. Dhoni will come up and eat all overs. There is already a media agenda to closely scrutinise Pant wicketkeeping just to make Dhoni safe.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rayudu, Thakur and Pandey are waste of space.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pant might be pushed down the order. Dhoni will come up and eat all overs. There is already a media agenda to closely scrutinise Pant wicketkeeping just to make Dhoni safe.
    Of course see the Dhoni mafia in action in 2nd Test planting stories about how Pant is not yet ready. Syed Kirmani has already done his rounds to media houses to focus only on Pant’s flaws.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course see the Dhoni mafia in action in 2nd Test planting stories about how Pant is not yet ready. Syed Kirmani has already done his rounds to media houses to focus only on Pant’s flaws.
    Be sensible fans. There's no need to give in to delusion just to prop your favourite player up.

Pant is fantastic batting talent but even an amateur cricketer can see that his keeping is not upto international standards yet. There's nothing wrong in pointing out the obvious.

If he's in the team, he's in it as a pure batsman. Pant does not merit a place in this side as the first choice wicketkeeper.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen him 5 times playing for India. Batsmen were easily dispatching him. Nothing special. Heck, Mehedy Hasan was smashing him left, right and center.
    Bhuvi, Kuldeep, Bumrah have all been tonked around the ground at some point.

In 5 matches you have already made up your mind that he is nothing special. Even though he only gets to play 1 match here and there, gets no match practice in between and doesn't get any luxury of getting back into rhythm with 2-3 matches in a row.

What a fantastic opportunity for Thakur! Wow!

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be sensible fans. There's no need to give in to delusion just to prop your favourite player up.

Pant is fantastic batting talent but even an amateur cricketer can see that his keeping is not upto international standards yet. There's nothing wrong in pointing out the obvious.

If he's in the team, he's in it as a pure batsman. Pant does not merit a place in this side as the first choice wicketkeeper.
    Replace Pant with anyone. The factor here is Dhoni. And Dhoni is no special these days while keeping. More spectacular than safe. Like Yuvraj in fielding.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In 5 matches you have already made up your mind that he is nothing special. Even though he only gets to play 1 match here and there, gets no match practice in between and doesn't get any luxury of getting back into rhythm with 2-3 matches in a row.

Bhuvi and Co were not smashed in most of their matches. But this guy always deliver a "please hit me" spell

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Don’t compare Thakur with bowlers who grabbed their chances and hence played regularly. Compare him with someone like Siraj who got picked for some T20, got hit and then has had to 55-60 wickets for the A side to comeback.

Thakur has warmed the benches for two years, yet isn’t good enough to force his way into the 11 regularly or grab his chances.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bhuvi and Co were not smashed in most of their matches. But this guy always deliver a "please hit me" spell
    Neither has Shardul been smashed in most of their matches.

Out of 5 matches, in 3 of them his figures are

4/54
    1/51
    1/24

The HK match was the first time he was really smashed. He had been sitting on the bench in England for 2 months, without a single practice game. He was clearly rusty. We saw how rusty even Bhuvi was in that game and he had just played a VIjay Hazare match.

If you're going to judge Shardul based on just that one match against HK, then there is no doubt that it is totally unfair.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neither has Shardul been smashed in most of their matches.

Out of 5 matches, in 3 of them his figures are

4/54
    1/51
    1/24

The HK match was the first time he was really smashed. He had been sitting on the bench in England for 2 months, without a single practice game. He was clearly rusty. We saw how rusty even Bhuvi was in that game and he had just played a VIjay Hazare match.

If you're going to judge Shardul based on just that one match against HK, then there is no doubt that it is totally unfair.
    If you're manhandled by part time amateurs, it is high time you reconsider your career.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t compare Thakur with bowlers who grabbed their chances and hence played regularly. Compare him with someone like Siraj who got picked for some T20, got hit and then has had to 55-60 wickets for the A side to comeback.

Thakur has warmed the benches for two years, yet isn’t good enough to force his way into the 11 regularly or grab his chances.
    Whatever little opportunities he has got, he has done well given that he gets only 1 game every 2-3 months with no practice in between.

And not being able to break into the 11 consistently isn't really a blackspot on an Indian pacer nowadays given how the regular pacers have been performing for the last 2 years.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're manhandled by part time amateurs, it is high time you reconsider your career.
    So we should bid adieu to Bhuvi and Chahal as well. Goodbye guys.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So we should bid adieu to Bhuvi and Chahal as well. Goodbye guys.
    In ODIs, yes

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In ODIs, yes
    So instead of admitting that it's wrong to judge a player based on one off-day you would rather get rid of a bowler who is averaging under 25 to justify your stance? Seriously?

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So instead of admitting that it's wrong to judge a player based on one off-day you would rather get rid of a bowler who is averaging under 25 to justify your stance? Seriously?
    Bhuvi and Chahal should not be booted out for the same reason as Shardul. Actually, on second thought, Bhuvi should be there to tighten up runs. Chahal can go because as a package, he is not worth punting. Decent bowler, but poor fielder with non existent batting. As for Shardul, he is the quintessential trundler whether he gets 5 chances or 500 chances.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indian ODI team announced for first two ODI vs Westindies
    Virat returned as captain but D. Kartik dropped, no Hardik,no
    Jadhav.

Maiden call for Pant, but Bhuvi/bumrah rested, I do not know why India keep selecting
    Freaking Thakur?i do not like Shami either in ODI,Khaleel deserve
    Rohit and Dhawan open, K.rahul,pandey and Rayudu also selected alone with kuldeep,
    MSD,chahal and Jadeja.who else?

Oh who care? Tomorrow test starts at Hyderabad

India vs Westindies Hyderabad test 9.30 am Oct 12-16, 2018

Stats and trivia

West Indies' last three Tests in India have lasted a total of nine days and 720.5 overs. All three have been innings defeats.

In the last Test, India registered their highest total against West Indies and their biggest win against them

Since 2016, India have scored eight scores of 600 or more, two more than the rest of the world put together

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Whatever little opportunities he has got, he has done well given that he gets only 1 game every 2-3 months with no practice in between.

And not being able to break into the 11 consistently isn't really a blackspot on an Indian pacer nowadays given how the regular pacers have been performing for the last 2 years.
    He guy played every T20 this year before the Eng tour. Was totally exposed for his lack of skills. That should have been a break for his international career but then he played forCSK and has become a permanent fixture.

Imagine a guy being manhandled by BDin his last T20 and by HongKong in his last ODI. Anyone else would have lost his spot. But CSK and Dhoni mafia quota keeps him in the team.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No chance for Mayank Agarwal tomorrow because 12 member team announced for tomorrow same as first test so Rahul open with shaw.temp mid 30's, better than Rajkot (40's)

First 3 days batting paradise than spin.I expects Warrican and roach in westindies team,

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mental midget Pandey will score some 30-40 runs in low scoring easy run chased or maybe run a ball 50 after platform is set
    Rayudu will score a 100 in some match
    Dhoni will boost his stats with some notouts
    These 3 will fix their place then we would get embarrassed in Aus or our bowlers & top3 would help us beat them
    Rayudu or/& Pandey will be dropped then but Dhoni will stay
    Relieved that Raina hasn't been called back again
    But then IPL is just before WC so he still has a chance

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Stop supporting mediocre cricketers please. It seems you are the only one supporting Shardul Thakur here.

The guys who are against his inclusion in the team have seen tons of trundlers like Thakur that is why they want him out of this team as soon as possible. It's like the same product in different packages. These Kauls, Thakurs, Mohit Sharmas all come from the same factory.
    Last edited by Bhaag Viru Bhaag; 11th October 2018 at 16:00.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No chance for Siraj in the 2nd Test and he has not been picked for ODIs either. Some way to boost confidence of a young pacer who has picked 55+ wickets for A team in last few months. Why didn’t these jokers allow him to continue playing domestic cricket? Guess the thinking was each 5-er adds more pressure on us, let’s pick him in 15 and bench him. Starting to totally hate this team management.

I hope WI give these jokers a nice thrashing

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He guy played every T20 this year before the Eng tour. Was totally exposed for his lack of skills. That should have been a break for his international career but then he played forCSK and has become a permanent fixture.

Imagine a guy being manhandled by BDin his last T20 and by HongKong in his last ODI. Anyone else would have lost his spot. But CSK and Dhoni mafia quota keeps him in the team.
    Don't confuse formats. Thakur has always been below par in T20s. Even in Mushtaq Ali and IPL he hasb't done anything spectaluar.

If you're going to judge a player for tests and ODIs based on T20s then there is no justification for including Siraj in the test side because of how he did in his 3 T20Is.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don't confuse formats. Thakur has always been below par in T20s. Even in Mushtaq Ali and IPL he hasb't done anything spectaluar.

If you're going to judge a player for tests and ODIs based on T20s then there is no justification for including Siraj in the test side because of how he did in his 3 T20Is.
    Err Siraj was judged baded on those 3 T20s, lost his spot. Went back to A side, took multiple 5 wicket halls in match after match and forced his way back.

Thakur on the other hand is living off one decent FC season he had with Mumbai in 2016. Has remained with the team, done nothing in practice matches or for A sides since then. One good thing happened for him though- got picked for CSK. Now he has CSK mafia firmly behind him.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stop supporting mediocre cricketers please. It seems you are the only one supporting Shardul Thakur here.
    I'm not saying said Thakur is the solution or that he should be in the WC squad. Personally, I would have Umesh and Shami in the squad before Thakur. But what I am saying is that dismissing him as a poor bowler given the limited chances he has received is ridicolous. The guy has played only 5 ODIs in his life. He has figures of 4/54 against SA, 1/51 against ENG and 1/24 against SL. But because of one bad show against HK people are cursing him.

The guys who are against his inclusion in the team have seen tons of trundlers like Thakur that is why they want him out of this team as soon as possible. It's like the same product in different packages. These Kauls, Thakurs, Mohit Sharmas all come from the same factory.
    Then you guys need to see a bit more of cricket. Thakur bowls 140-145ks. He is no trundler.

And Mohit Sharma, whom you seem so proud to hate got 13 wickets in 8 matches in the 2015 CWC at an avg of 25 and ER of less than 5 RPO.

So maybe you should get off your high horse from where you are judging these "trundlers" because they are performing for India when it matters the most.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm not saying said Thakur is the solution or that he should be in the WC squad. Personally, I would have Umesh and Shami in the squad before Thakur. But what I am saying is that dismissing him as a poor bowler given the limited chances he has received is ridicolous. The guy has played only 5 ODIs in his life. He has figures of 4/54 against SA, 1/51 against ENG and 1/24 against SL. But because of one bad show against HK people are cursing him.

Then you guys need to see a bit more of cricket. Thakur bowls 140-145ks. He is no trundler.

And Mohit Sharma, whom you seem so proud to hate got 13 wickets in 8 matches in the 2015 CWC at an avg of 25 and ER of less than 5 RPO.

So maybe you should get off your high horse from where you are judging these "trundlers" because they are performing for India when it matters the most.
    LOL 140-145, Thakur? You mean his 145 kmph thunderbolts were being shredded by amateur HK batsmen? Even bigger shame

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thakur on the other hand is living off one decent FC season he had with Mumbai in 2016. Has remained with the team, done nothing in practice matches or for A sides since then. One good thing happened for him though- got picked for CSK. Now he has CSK mafia firmly behind him.
    List of Thakur's spell for IND A since 2017:

3/34 & 1/34 vs NZ A (4-day)
    0/51 vs NZ A
    2/41 vs NZ A
    1/19 vs NZ A
    2/30 vs ENG Lions
    1/46 vs WI A
    3/53 vs ENG Lions
    2/42 vs ENG Lions (Tri-series Final)

Since 2017, Thakur has bowled in 8 innings for IND A and as you can see above, has gone wicketless only once. In List A matches for IND A, Thakur has picked 11 wickets in 7 matches at an avg of 25.6

Since the ENG tour, Thakur has been kept on the bench permanently. He doesn't even get to play for IND A anymore. Yet, people are convinced that he doesn't deserve a place in the squad.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL 140-145, Thakur? You mean his 145 kmph thunderbolts were being shredded by amateur HK batsmen? Even bigger shame
    I didn't watch the match against HK so I can't comment on his speed in that match. But yes, I have seen him touch 145 kph and he usually bowls around the 138-142 kph mark.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Jhansi(uttar pradesh),India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thakur is csk quota, no one can remove him. He gets thrashed in his first 7 overs and then finally in 9th 10th over he gets a wicket courtesy a catch by long on fielder inches away from the boundary.
    Kaul (the bandanna boy) is a dinda clone.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thakur is debuting in tests. Let's see how he does in his best format.