Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    one of the worst batting performances ever by India today......huge disappointment !!

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jennings still on pair.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we can get Cook before stumps it’ll perk up the Indian dressing room atmosphere.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cook and jennings will surely come good in this innings as they had too many failures already...Kohli spoiled it for India

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Game is still 50/50 imo due to England batting line up. A more reliable and consistent batting line up and i would favour that team in England's position

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idrizzy View Post
    @shaz619 @bigmac

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">You: Idris would make a great Bond. <br><br>Me: ��<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TheManWithTheGoldenArm?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc% 5Etfw">#TheManWithTheGoldenArm</a> <a href="https://t.co/SzQfPVbaLs">pic.twitter.com/SzQfPVbaLs</a></p>&mdash; Vithushan Ehantharajah (@Vitu_E) <a href="https://twitter.com/Vitu_E/status/869923598823297025?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 31, 2017</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    Last edited by Big Mac; 31st August 2018 at 17:29.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4 overs safely negotiated by England. Everything to play for tomorrow.

Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Moeen is the epitome of mediocrity. He might surprise a team and run through them once, but he doesn’t have the quality to consistently trouble teams.

I don’t think he will have a honeymoon series against India again.
    Its seem like his "honeymoon" is continuing or maybe he isn't as mediocre as you think?

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sunny Bhai saying batsmen shouldn't look at scoreboard when they are in 40s and 90s. When you are in 40s/90s, do you really need to check the scorecard to see how many runs you need for the milestones, don't u already know that? Sunny Bhai commentary has no insight, no energy and is so stale. When would sunny Bhai and Manjrekar retire or be fired?

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    So let's do the routine....how much can we really chase in the 4th innings?
    160-170 tops

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am surprised that Jennings Farhat isn't out yet.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by happydavy View Post
    Sunny Bhai saying batsmen shouldn't look at scoreboard when they are in 40s and 90s. When you are in 40s/90s, do you really need to check the scorecard to see how many runs you need for the milestones, don't u already know that? Sunny Bhai commentary has no insight, no energy and is so stale. When would sunny Bhai and Manjrekar retire or be fired?
    Batsmen would obviously look at the scorecard to look at the team score. It is inevitable that their eyes will go to the personal score.

All Gavaskar suggested that the batsman can avoid looking at the scorecard once they see they have reached 40 or 90.

It was quite simple what Gavaskar said and it made complete sense. Don't know what confused you.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by happydavy View Post
    There is a saying that "bande bande ki baat hoti hai"
    It is a nature of person whether he can face the pressure or not, some batsmen wants to play without having any pressure on them, even they get succeeded.
    Some batsmen wants to look at score board, set their 1st milestone then 2nd...so on.
    Probably Sunny bhai is talking about test cricket, which was his era's most known and famous format, where batsman don't have to see how many overs are left, how fast we need to play etc.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't see a way out from this predicament for India.
    Conceding 160 for the last 4 wkts was criminal and where we lost the test match. Eng are hot favorites now.

John 3:16

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Tongue in cheek comment. Root is a wonderful player, but needs to start playing more impactful knocks.
    His 100 odd against SA in Joburg is the finest innings by a batsman still in his 20s I've seen in a while, his ODI performances have been exceptional and just recently he outdid Kohli in Kohlis best format. The guy plays impactful knocks but the standards are so high, he hasn ot quite matched them in recent months.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Test match is very nicely poised.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Fantastic test and series so far.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moeen does it in 1 inning what Ashwin hasn't been able to do it so far throughout the series i.e get a fifer. Now Ashwin bowled really well in the 1st test match but Moeen's impact is certainly different, he ran through our middle and lower order in 4 or so overs picking up 4 wickets. Absolutely ridiculous stuff from him. Kudos to Pujara as well for a very special knock but it seems more damage control as Eng certainly ahead as of now, we haven't even touched 200 in the 4th innings outside Asia since 2003. Another golden opportunity thrown by us, twice in this test match followed by the choke-job in the 1st test when we let Eng score almost 100 runs for the last 3 wkts in the 2nd innings.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_outsider View Post
    Batsmen would obviously look at the scorecard to look at the team score. It is inevitable that their eyes will go to the personal score.

All Gavaskar suggested that the batsman can avoid looking at the scorecard once they see they have reached 40 or 90.

It was quite simple what Gavaskar said and it made complete sense. Don't know what confused you.
    I am saying once a batsman is on 90, he needs to look at scorecard to figure out if he's on 94 or 96, he won't remember that? He was talking about Kohli getting out on 45.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joginder_Sharma View Post
    Moeen does it in 1 inning what Ashwin hasn't been able to do it so far throughout the series i.e get a fifer. Now Ashwin bowled really well in the 1st test match but Moeen's impact is certainly different, he ran through our middle and lower order in 4 or so overs picking up 4 wickets. Absolutely ridiculous stuff from him. Kudos to Pujara as well for a very special knock but it seems more damage control as Eng certainly ahead as of now, we haven't even touched 200 in the 4th innings outside Asia since 2003. Another golden opportunity thrown by us, twice in this test match followed by the choke-job in the 1st test when we let Eng score almost 100 runs for the last 3 wkts in the 2nd innings.
    England are not a head now. They are trailing by 20 some runs.

Anyway, England will be ahead if they get a 200 run lead. I don't think India will chase anything more than 150.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At one point, Root was going phenomenal. Till he turned 25 yrs and 1 month, he already had produced a series-defining performance vs Australia at home and a match winning hundred vs South Africa in South Africa. Things have changed now for him. Need to get back to run-scoring even if it means giving up the captaincy.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Any kid thinking I don’t have enough talent to make it, look at Pujara, that’s your role model right there.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Grit?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Grit</a></p>&mdash; Sanjay Manjrekar (@sanjaymanjrekar) <a href="https://twitter.com/sanjaymanjrekar/status/1035562942840930304?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 31, 2018</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Manitoba
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joginder_Sharma View Post
    The way this series is going and unpredictable performances from both sides a 300 chase is also possible and at same time score of 100 is dependable. Players expected to perform are not and vice versa

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Sam Curran inning with bat in 1st test, 2nd inning sealed it for England. India should make sure nobody plays such inning again in this test.

It is a match where India can limit England to 80-5 and then a partnership from England can take them to 200.
    Last edited by Ab Fan; 31st August 2018 at 21:45.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    So let's do the routine....how much can we really chase in the 4th innings?
    5 more than whatever target England sets us

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    Central Valley Area, CA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ashwin's gonna kill them tomorrow.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    Central Valley Area, CA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say the same for the 50~ runs conceded by England at the 11th wicket. I didn't think they'd make it past 200 once the ball started rolling for England. I'm sure that tiny lead kinda made up for whatever mental anguish they felt for dropping wickets like flies today.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSensible View Post
    I'd say the same for the 50~ runs conceded by England at the 11th wicket. I didn't think they'd make it past 200 once the ball started rolling for England. I'm sure that tiny lead kinda made up for whatever mental anguish they felt for dropping wickets like flies today.
    Too optimistic?

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the beauty of test cricket. A team can make a comeback after one poor inning. England are favourites they will be bowling last.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    Central Valley Area, CA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You believe something hard enough, it can materealize 🤷🏿*♂️