User Tag List

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Is the ISI really as good as other intelligence agencies?

Are there any operational success stories where agents have pulled off a masterful intelligence operation?

Why can't they dare to bring Altaf Hussain, Hussain Haqqani from England and the US in the same manner Mossad brought Adolf Eichmann from Argentina to Israel in 1961?

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd rather they didn't do that sort of thing. I'd rather our judiciary, politicians and diplomatic staff ensured those two were brought to face justice here in Pakistan.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asim_khan View Post
    I'd rather they didn't do that sort of thing. I'd rather our judiciary, politicians and diplomatic staff ensured those two were brought to face justice here in Pakistan.
    Foreign countries will never sign extradition treaties with Pakistan and will neither cooperate in getting foreign suspects back to Pakistan and will use delaying tactics and hide behind loopholes.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Foreign countries will never sign extradition treaties with Pakistan and will neither cooperate in getting foreign suspects back to Pakistan and will use delaying tactics and hide behind loopholes.
    And that's where we expose them for the hypocrites that they are. If done right, In the age of social media that's more powerful than illegally capturing a couple of miscreants

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Are there any operational success stories where agents have pulled off a masterful intelligence operation?

Why can't they dare to bring Altaf Hussain, Hussain Haqqani from England and the US in the same manner Mossad brought Adolf Eichmann from Argentina to Israel in 1961?
    Trust me you don't hear about the terror operations they stop. There are A LOT. we see the very few that go through.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are good for sure. ISI are to be credited for violence having been greatly reduced in Pak. I won't compare them to any other security agency as all have certain flaws as well. They're not superhuman.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are doing a good job considering the constrained resources on their disposal. My only objection is that they are not ambitious enough, they should look to be more proactive and aggressive in their conduct specially on foreign soil instead of constantly being on the defensive.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The ISI are one of the best. They have helped Pakistan to come out of the mess which could have landed us into a Syria/Yemen like situation.
    How can you expect an intelligence agency recover criminals based in other countries though?

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope. They fluked their way to the tropjybfor best IS.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketDon View Post
    Nope. They fluked their way to the tropjybfor best IS.
    No fluke- they are the best.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    338 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1) You are comparing Eichmann to Haqqani?

2) If Pakistan kidnapped people from US and the UK, you can rest assured that these countries would retaliate in a manner to make Pakistan sorry, a power that Argentina did not possess over Israel.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1651 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    They did a good job at unearthing Nawaz's loot and plunder for which we should be forever grateful.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they are great for sure but most pakistanis do exaggerate and think of them as a bunch of marvel heroes.

If you want to destroy a country, just create enmity between its people and their army - Salahuddin

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you go by Indian media and politicians then they are the best.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean how many pigeons can Indian army try to capture?

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    They're great....at PR.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ISI ranked the best - I hope you realise this is a long running gag on the web and social media. It has gotten to stage where after you repeat it so many times, it slowly morphs into the truth. Tis depressing to know how gullible can people be!

John 3:16

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ISI are very good but ranking any such organisation can be inaccurate. Just a few years back bomb blasts were occurring regularly in Pak that I generally thought we were facing a Middle East like scenario. It's thanks to the ISI that they managed to reverse this tide spectacularly by hitting the terrorists and enemy back even harder. Understandably the enemies of Pakistan hate the ISI so much that is the biggest tribute to them.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do we know how many terror attacks ISI has foiled in Pak till date? These things are not made public, and hence, we simply cannot comment on how credible they have been till date

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact that they dont do any operations on foreign soil shows they are HTBs. When was the last time ISI did a successful operation in Australia or South Africa? Can only do well in Pakistan or against minnows like Afghanistan. In fact I dont know if successful operations in Afghanistan even count. No one takes agency rankings seriously other than Pakistanis. ISI fields full strength teams for operations that other intelligence agencies dont even take seriously. Most successful operations are either flukes or against second tier of CIA or RAW operatives. The fact that they operate with much less resources than the competition is just an excuse we use to rationalize our shortcomings. I am sick of hearing how talented they are.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin Chacha View Post
    The fact that they dont do any operations on foreign soil shows they are HTBs. When was the last time ISI did a successful operation in Australia or South Africa? Can only do well in Pakistan or against minnows like Afghanistan. In fact I dont know if successful operations in Afghanistan even count. No one takes agency rankings seriously other than Pakistanis. ISI fields full strength teams for operations that other intelligence agencies dont even take seriously. Most successful operations are either flukes or against second tier of CIA or RAW operatives. The fact that they operate with much less resources than the competition is just an excuse we use to rationalize our shortcomings. I am sick of hearing how talented they are.
    Why Aus or SA, all our enemies are using Afg as their base, so thats where ISI work from. Next thing you will be asking is if they use pigeons- sorry i forgot you have already asked that.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1651 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin Chacha View Post

Hilarious

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    No fluke- they are the best.
    It’s sarcasm. I was mocking a certain poster and their belief Pakistan’s champions trophy was a fluke lol.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketDon View Post
    It’s sarcasm. I was mocking a certain poster and their belief Pakistan’s champions trophy was a fluke lol.
    Thanks