User Tag List

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Is the ISI really as good as other intelligence agencies?

Are there any operational success stories where agents have pulled off a masterful intelligence operation?

Why can't they dare to bring Altaf Hussain, Hussain Haqqani from England and the US in the same manner Mossad brought Adolf Eichmann from Argentina to Israel in 1961?

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd rather they didn't do that sort of thing. I'd rather our judiciary, politicians and diplomatic staff ensured those two were brought to face justice here in Pakistan.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asim_khan View Post
    I'd rather they didn't do that sort of thing. I'd rather our judiciary, politicians and diplomatic staff ensured those two were brought to face justice here in Pakistan.
    Foreign countries will never sign extradition treaties with Pakistan and will neither cooperate in getting foreign suspects back to Pakistan and will use delaying tactics and hide behind loopholes.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Foreign countries will never sign extradition treaties with Pakistan and will neither cooperate in getting foreign suspects back to Pakistan and will use delaying tactics and hide behind loopholes.
    And that's where we expose them for the hypocrites that they are. If done right, In the age of social media that's more powerful than illegally capturing a couple of miscreants

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Are there any operational success stories where agents have pulled off a masterful intelligence operation?

Why can't they dare to bring Altaf Hussain, Hussain Haqqani from England and the US in the same manner Mossad brought Adolf Eichmann from Argentina to Israel in 1961?
    Trust me you don't hear about the terror operations they stop. There are A LOT. we see the very few that go through.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are good for sure. ISI are to be credited for violence having been greatly reduced in Pak. I won't compare them to any other security agency as all have certain flaws as well. They're not superhuman.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are doing a good job considering the constrained resources on their disposal. My only objection is that they are not ambitious enough, they should look to be more proactive and aggressive in their conduct specially on foreign soil instead of constantly being on the defensive.