Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    375 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InziRules View Post
    Lol, put Curran in India/UAE and he'll be averaging 100 with the ball
    He isn't that bad. Can see the temperament and maturity in this 20 year old debutant. Has already made a huge difference in this series. He is now taking the game and series away from India again.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    375 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Finish this tail asap.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    England need 40 more runs tommrow anything less than 250 is chaseable

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty even day, I'd say. England have a decentish score, no more than that. Fascinating thing test cricket.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    game in the balance after Rashid wicket.
    You just need one good partnership to chase 250.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    Central Valley Area, CA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There i thought Ashwin would have a field day with the English batsmen. I don’t follow cricket as religiously as many people here. Could someone explain why Ashwin couldn’t manage a single wicket?

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    865 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

India strike with final ball of the day !

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why Adil Rashid playing instead of Chris Woakes?

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Kohli keeps hitting new all-time-lows with the captaincy, doesn’t he? Just boggles the mind on how no one has the balls to question his decisions.

He has become new Indian almighty lord like sachin that no one has audacity/ intelligence to question..’

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSensible View Post
    There i thought Ashwin would have a field day with the English batsmen. I don’t follow cricket as religiously as many people here. Could someone explain why Ashwin couldn’t manage a single wicket?
    He got 1 wicket.

He bowled well in patches. He was generally good with his line and length but bowled too fast and simply did not hit the rough patch enough - although the last part is not totally his fault he's bowled more to left handers and the rough is outside their leg stump.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    He isn't that bad. Can see the temperament and maturity in this 20 year old debutant. Has already made a huge difference in this series. He is now taking the game and series away from India again.
    For a 20 year old he's fantastic.

But it is true that in Asia he will struggle to pick wickets. He won't get any swing and at his pace he will go for runs too.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    865 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    India is still ahead here , the pitch is not mine field . If you stay calm you will get runs.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justcrazy View Post
    India is still ahead here , the pitch is not mine field . If you stay calm you will get runs.
    It's hard to chase in 4th innings, and going by India's record offlate almost impossible.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only a kohli special can save India here, an adelaide type knock

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Australians can also say the same that they were the better side when they toured India last time.
    Hardly. After a slow start in the first Test, India's batting was significantly ahead of Australian batting, including a 600+ innings. However the Aussie batsmen did perform very well in home conditions, so between India and Australia it was close. However it isn't close between England and India when you look at the home performances batsmen.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    England beat India 2-1 in India
    I was talking about the current teams. Maybe you missed the 4-0 thrashing India handed out to England when they last visited.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new ball is doing a fair bit. Secondly the pitch is up and down and with the all height of anderson, broad and stokes , it wont be easy. Did you see rashids dismissal and how the ball took of

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by battler View Post
    Only a kohli special can save India here, an adelaide type knock
    Yes. You're right. Need a ton from Kohli else India won't be winning this.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indians are still in this game ..... but not by much !!!

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    India to choke tomorrow in yet another failed run chase.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats ENG 3-1

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Tomorrow morning, ENG will use the heaviest roller, which should bond the top surface for half an hour due to overnight moisture, but once Sun starts to take effect, this track is going to crack. ENG would have in huge advantage had they gone 7 down, which could have allowed them to bat for 1st hour on rolled wicket. Still, it's already spinning, and once cracks start to appear all 4 English seemers will come into play. Not out yet, but 250 will be really tough to chase here, as it brings 2nd ball into equation as well.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't see England sticking out for too long tomorrow morning.

Around 250 maybe. India should fancy chasing that especially if they play their natural game. Pant will have to be playing his natural way and not faffing around for a 29 ball duck.

As I said earlier, there's a chance for India if they get England for under 300.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had England been a bit more proactive especially Stokes after the got in playing as many balls as he did, England could have well been near a lead of 300 by close today.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Has been a good game so far. Not many teams in this era chase over 200 in 4th innings.

Don't see this out of form line up upsetting the cards. England to win from here.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Over rate.

This is what I meant by letting it drift.

He's chosen to prioritise a potential ban over a possible win.

India needed 20 in the last hour or something
    Yeah that makes sense. I was wondering why he kept on bowling him.

I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations to England...a great series victory.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Kind of showing the problem with the second innings. The second innings largely is either inconsequential, or is a way for the home team to get out if they did bad first innings. Away teams rarely push home the second innings advantage if they're disadvantaged in the first innings. The alien conditions mean they can't really do that.

I think India have been the better team, and if they'd have batted first would have won. But think they'll probably lose from here, or it'll take a really great effort to chase this down.

The second innings is more supposed to give teams another crack at doing well, which should benefit the away team as they're less used to the conditions and more likely to get a first innings shock. But feel it's often the other way, it presses home advantage even more.

Regardless, this has been a good test, and yet again England's lower order has pulled through. It's really impressive that they have proper bats all the way down to their 3rd pacer at 8, despite the fact that they're playing an allrounder too. Means they boost their bowling without even sacrificing batting strength. It's just that top four (including Root who hasn't been churning in the centuries of late) which is the issue.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ads101 View Post
    Kind of showing the problem with the second innings. The second innings largely is either inconsequential, or is a way for the home team to get out if they did bad first innings. Away teams rarely push home the second innings advantage if they're disadvantaged in the first innings. The alien conditions mean they can't really do that.

I think India have been the better team, and if they'd have batted first would have won. But think they'll probably lose from here, or it'll take a really great effort to chase this down.

The second innings is more supposed to give teams another crack at doing well, which should benefit the away team as they're less used to the conditions and more likely to get a first innings shock. But feel it's often the other way, it presses home advantage even more.

Regardless, this has been a good test, and yet again England's lower order has pulled through. It's really impressive that they have proper bats all the way down to their 3rd pacer at 8, despite the fact that they're playing an allrounder too. Means they boost their bowling without even sacrificing batting strength. It's just that top four (including Root who hasn't been churning in the centuries of late) which is the issue.
    Great post. Very perceptive.

I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    Watford, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    250 + will be difficult to chase on this wicket. The pitch is going to wear up more tomorrow because of the forecasted warm temperatures.

Someone in the Indian batting line up will have to score 100 and the rest chip in decent scores.

75/25 in favour of England.

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    398 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDfanforever View Post
    why Adil Rashid playing instead of Chris Woakes?
    Woakes is injured

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    865 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Tomorrow morning, ENG will use the heaviest roller, which should bond the top surface for half an hour due to overnight moisture, but once Sun starts to take effect, this track is going to crack. ENG would have in huge advantage had they gone 7 down, which could have allowed them to bat for 1st hour on rolled wicket. Still, it's already spinning, and once cracks start to appear all 4 English seemers will come into play. Not out yet, but 250 will be really tough to chase here, as it brings 2nd ball into equation as well.
    I think Indian batting is getting more used now. Some players looking more comfortable. Both teams need to play well to win.