Instagram

An evening with Shahid Afridi and Younis Khan

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 161 to 240 of 293
  1. #161
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    26,154
    Mentioned
    1214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    We will rest Hafeez to even it out.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  2. #162
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,394
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    So not exactly an 'A' team like some Indians were boasting about.
    Apart from Kohli no one is missing. So yeah its not an A team but Indian team depends too much on Kohli. Would have loved to see him play against Pakistan in UAE.

  3. #163
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    692
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    We beat India in the Champions Trophy final by 200 runs I am never gonna let this one go Also will tell them that Kohli does not guarantee a victory. Being Amir's bunny he rightfully doesn't want to play this one
    Yaar, a batsman gets out to a particular bowler for 2-3 times and is called bunny of the bowler? Need to raise our bars.

  4. #164
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    827
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    I know we (Indians) are in a foreign forum and need to defend our players but how can anyone justify Kohli sitting out?? He is not injured else would not have been playing the test matches. With world cup only few months away, why would a captain of the team want to opt out?? Should he not be building the ODI team before the world cup??

    Pandya, Rahul, Dhawan, Bumrah etc all have had similar workload as Kohli but they will still play. But our captain decided to opt out leaving the team on its own?

    I dont care who wins between Ind or Pak but its a very bad preceedent set by an Indian captain. MSD captained this side for 10 years but never opted out of a series saying its insignificant.

    If Kohli thinks he will pick and choose series, he can play as a batsman and handover the LOI captaincy to Rohit.
    @BlackShadow @Napa @cricketjoshila @troodon

    Agree??

  5. #165
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,394
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    We will rest Hafeez to even it out.
    M Hafeez + M Amir.

  6. #166
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,394
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    When did Kohli pick and choose series? If you want to blame anyone then blame your beloved IPL. Bhuvi and Bumrah got injuries there. Kohli too missed County stint because of that. He is not a machine. It's funny you are comparing his workload with a noob like Pandya here. Pandya too was rested for Zim series and Nidhas trophy. Who is he to get a rest here?

  7. #167
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    827
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    When did Kohli pick and choose series? If you want to blame anyone then blame your beloved IPL. Bhuvi and Bumrah got injuries there. Kohli too missed County stint because of that. He is not a machine. It's funny you are comparing his workload with a noob like Pandya here. Pandya too was rested for Zim series and Nidhas trophy. Who is he to get a rest here?
    Missed Aust T20s, missed Nidahas trophy, Afg test and now missing Asia cup.

    So basically since his marriage, he has only played SA tour, IPL, Eng tour. If its not pick and choose, what is??
    Last edited by Canford Cliffs; 1st September 2018 at 16:25.

  8. #168
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    827
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sachin used to do these pick and choose when he became 37 yo. Our Kuptaan sahab at the prime age of 29 only started this drama.

  9. #169
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    12,451
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Indian fans and @Mamoon are in a win-win situation here. Defeats to BD, SL or Pak, they can easily say this was our A team. If they win, they will celebrate.

  10. #170
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,394
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    Missed Aust T20s, missed Nidahas trophy, Afg test and now missing Asia cup.

    So basically since his marriage, he has only played SA tour, IPL, Eng tour. If its not pick and choose, what is??
    Dhoni too used to miss series against Sri Lanka when he was the captain. Did you complain at that time? Now that his career is on the last stage he is trying his best to play every match. If any player that deserves any kind of rest in this team then its Kohli. Players like Pandya should try to play every match and improve themselves rather than taking a rest.

  11. #171
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    1,528
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good a captain with fresh mindset will lead the side. Kohli has lost odi series and looks like might have lost test series as well + playing too many matches. Rohit will come fresh and won't have loss in mind.

  12. #172
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    2,535
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yes even I agree that Kohli should have played this tournament... Probably should have taken it easy (resting in some matches like Afghanistan or/and underplaying himself by coming down the order). His presence especially as "captain" was needed to help build the team for WC... He could have definitely rested himself (and few others) during that back-to-back match!

  13. #173
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    951
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is not even our best team but it is more than enough to beat Asian minnows.

  14. #174
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    827
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Dhoni too used to miss series against Sri Lanka when he was the captain. Did you complain at that time? Now that his career is on the last stage he is trying his best to play every match. If any player that deserves any kind of rest in this team then its Kohli. Players like Pandya should try to play every match and improve themselves rather than taking a rest.
    Dhoni did not miss a single series either for India or CSK in the first 5 years of his captaincy. I think the the first game he missed due to an injury was an ODI game in Aust 2012 (only 1 game) where Sehwag captained. But ofcourse, I dont expect you to know.

    And I dont know who is this Jattmulla you are referring. Even if I am him, not much you can do anyway.

  15. #175
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    928
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    When did Kohli pick and choose series? If you want to blame anyone then blame your beloved IPL. Bhuvi and Bumrah got injuries there. Kohli too missed County stint because of that. He is not a machine. It's funny you are comparing his workload with a noob like Pandya here. Pandya too was rested for Zim series and Nidhas trophy. Who is he to get a rest here?
    IPL is a blessing for Indian cricket. Don't get the IPL-phobic stance at all.

    Did you read Pujara's interview with Saj on sky?

    Saj: Throughout the years India has always produced great batsmen, but in the modern era, a number of very good pace bowlers are coming out of India, why do you think that is?

    CP: I think the Indian Premier League has to be given credit for this. The IPL is producing a lot of very good pace bowlers. Apart from the IPL, I think there are a lot of young cricketers in India who want to be fast bowlers and perhaps that wasn't the case in the past.

    Bare in mind this is come from a man who wouldn't stand a chance of gaining an IPL contract.

  16. #176
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    1,724
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    Disagree. This Asia cup won't add anything to Kohli's world cup preparations, but Kohli's absence does give us an opportunity to cement a backup. This also ensures a longer run for Rahul like people desired.

    My only gripe is the number of TTFs and oldies in the squad.

  17. #177
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    12,451
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
    This is not even our best team but it is more than enough to beat Asian minnows.
    I see Bangladesh and Pakistan beating you comfortably. But hey, good practice for the youngsters? Its amazing how bad that Indian batting line-up looks without Virat Kohli.

  18. #178
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    2,535
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam99 View Post
    Good a captain with fresh mindset will lead the side. Kohli has lost odi series and looks like might have lost test series as well + playing too many matches. Rohit will come fresh and won't have loss in mind.
    India/Rohit may still win the tournament, but Kohli should have been around because this is like preparing for World cup (round robin matches leading to super round to SF & finals and all these teams take part in World Cup as well!)

  19. #179
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    951
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    I see Bangladesh and Pakistan beating you comfortably. But hey, good practice for the youngsters? Its amazing how bad that Indian batting line-up looks without Virat Kohli.
    We have a couple of old-timers but it doesn't take much to beat teams like Pakistan and Bangladesh. That top 4 is still solid even without Kohli.

  20. #180
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    12,451
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
    We have a couple of old-timers but it doesn't take much to beat teams like Pakistan and Bangladesh. That top 4 is still solid even without Kohli.
    The only way you might have a chance against Pakistan is if all our pacers are injured and we have to open the bowling with Nawaz and Hafeez. Besides that, this is a complete mismatch. @Aman might end up creating a thread for Imam’s fastest 1000 runs soon

  21. #181
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    692
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    The only way you might have a chance against Pakistan is if all our pacers are injured and we have to open the bowling with Nawaz and Hafeez. Besides that, this is a complete mismatch. @Aman might end up creating a thread for Imam’s fastest 1000 runs soon
    Let’s list your pacers against India who could not do anything. Imran, Akram, Waqar, Shoaib who could not win a single match in WCs. Do you think just because CT win, all current pacers are greater than them?

  22. #182
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    12,451
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kuskash View Post
    Let’s list your pacers against India who could not do anything. Imran, Akram, Waqar, Shoaib who could not win a single match in WCs. Do you think just because CT win, all current pacers are greater than them?
    Muhammad Amir. Enough said. Your India A captain still has sleepless nights thanks to this lad

  23. #183
    Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    403
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand how this is India "A". Yeah they are missing their best player but still the other 10 regulars are playing. or is this Indian team a one man army ?

  24. #184
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    35,655
    Mentioned
    1649 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Indians already have a bahana ready for the oncoming phainti


    #Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

  25. #185
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    951
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    The only way you might have a chance against Pakistan is if all our pacers are injured and we have to open the bowling with Nawaz and Hafeez. Besides that, this is a complete mismatch. @Aman might end up creating a thread for Imam’s fastest 1000 runs soon
    We will be playing on dead UAE tracks. Your trundlers won't be able to survive there like they did in English conditions. Besides we will have one of the fastest bowling unit in Bumrah, Khaleel and Pandya, not to mention the wrist spinners. Good luck to your batsmen facing them.

  26. #186
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    2,317
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
    We will be playing on dead UAE tracks. Your trundlers won't be able to survive there like they did in English conditions. Besides we will have one of the fastest bowling unit in Bumrah, Khaleel and Pandya, not to mention the wrist spinners. Good luck to your batsmen facing them.
    pandya is a fast bowler? lol

  27. #187
    Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    403
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
    We will be playing on dead UAE tracks. Your trundlers won't be able to survive there like they did in English conditions. Besides we will have one of the fastest bowling unit in Bumrah, Khaleel and Pandya, not to mention the wrist spinners. Good luck to your batsmen facing them.
    Its good to see you still think India will win even without Kohli.Thats some good positive attitude.

  28. #188
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,394
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    Dhoni did not miss a single series either for India or CSK in the first 5 years of his captaincy. I think the the first game he missed due to an injury was an ODI game in Aust 2012 (only 1 game) where Sehwag captained. But ofcourse, I dont expect you to know.

    And I dont know who is this Jattmulla you are referring. Even if I am him, not much you can do anyway.
    Lol where did this first 5 years of his captaincy thing come from now? He was rested in 2014 series against Sri Lanka but ofcourse I don't expect you to know that.

  29. #189
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    6,392
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's up to India if they play an inferior side. All I care is Pak beat them on the day.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  30. #190
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,394
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Indians already have a bahana ready for the oncoming phainti
    This is a valid bahana if we lose but this will also prove that we are a one man army.

  31. #191
    Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    403
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackShadow View Post
    Let them talk big. Deep inside they know that a 3-0 phainta awaits, so they are having all the fun while they can.
    3-0 without Kohli lol?

    Pakistani fans need to learn from you guys, your optimism is almost admirable.

  32. #192
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    951
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza619 View Post
    pandya is a fast bowler? lol
    No, he is a leg-spinner.

  33. #193
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    35,655
    Mentioned
    1649 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    This is a valid bahana if we lose but this will also prove that we are a one man army.
    It's funny that some folks are calling it a "weakened" side just because one player is not playing. If the absence of player turns Indian national side into India A, then you have bigger problems.


    #Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

  34. #194
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    213
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    It's funny that some folks are calling it a "weakened" side just because one player is not playing. If the absence of player turns Indian national side into India A, then you have bigger problems.
    It’s a freeking joke.Some 🇮🇳‘S are behaving as if they were ashamed of playing this tournament 😂🤣

  35. #195
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    827
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    It's funny that some folks are calling it a "weakened" side just because one player is not playing. If the absence of player turns Indian national side into India A, then you have bigger problems.
    TBH even @Usman Chadda is saying that without Kohli this is Ind A team.

    BTW you were saying the other day that India will never rest Kohli in a tournament they are suppose to play Pak multiple times. Looks like another one of those many incorrect predictions

  36. #196
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    827
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Lol where did this first 5 years of his captaincy thing come from now? He was rested in 2014 series against Sri Lanka but ofcourse I don't expect you to know that.
    Arre bhai....MSD started his captaincy career in 2007 and missed his first game in Aust in Jan 2013 when Sehwag captained. So that is 5 years of uninterrupted playing without missing a game.

  37. #197
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    26,221
    Mentioned
    1396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Generico View Post
    I don't understand how this is India "A". Yeah they are missing their best player but still the other 10 regulars are playing. or is this Indian team a one man army ?
    The missing player is

    Captain
    Best player in the team
    Best batsman in the world
    One of the ATGs in Odi cricket.

  38. #198
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    692
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well currently he is faster than any Pak bowler so yes.

  39. #199
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    94,463
    Mentioned
    1719 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    The missing player is

    Captain
    Best player in the team
    Best batsman in the world
    One of the ATGs in Odi cricket.
    And the rest of India team do what exactly?


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  40. #200
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Somewhere in Pakistan
    Runs
    499
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So this started a new debate. Is this indian team a one man army?

  41. #201
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,394
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoJoJoJo View Post
    So this started a new debate. Is this indian team a one man army?
    If the exclusion of Kohli makes us look like an 'A' team then the answer is yes.

  42. #202
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    1,117
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys it is a full indian sqaud, granted their missing Kohli, which is big shoes to fill, but india has the batting talent to step up their game, that wont be the issue, i think the bowlers, will be key for India if they are to win the Asia cup

  43. #203
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Somewhere in Pakistan
    Runs
    499
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    If the exclusion of Kohli makes us look like an 'A' team then the answer is yes.
    The line up still looks decent but india usually rely too much on kohli. It will be interesting to see how they perform without him in asia cup.

  44. #204
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    26,221
    Mentioned
    1396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    And the rest of India team do what exactly?
    I am talking about how Kohli is just not "Any" player and his impact on team india.

  45. #205
    Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    153
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its not pakistan’s job to select india’s squad and if pakistan wins its no less of a win for our team. Our teams job is to beat whoever is in front of them. Goodluck pakistan and hopefully we can repeat with another tournament win. Only thing we will miss out is kohli getting out to amir for the third time.Pakistan Zindabad!

  46. #206
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,843
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The TTFs will be back in the 11.

    01.Rohit *
    02.Shikhar
    03.Rahul
    04.Rayudu 😢
    05.Dhoni + 😢
    06.Jadhav 😢
    07.Pandya 😢

    #4 to #7 filled with match losers, wow!

    If Rahul fails in a match or two, another TTF in Pandey or Karthik will replace him.
    Last edited by Kohli, The King of Chase; 1st September 2018 at 19:00.

  47. #207
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    4,186
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    I assume Kohli has his reasons, or maybe BCCI have their reasons. This may be the response of the BCCI to the stupidity of the organizers in arranging games on 2 consecutive days. There is also the issue of mental tiredness, if not physical tiredness. Obviously Kohli is playing at a higher level than his teammates in the current series. To keep doing so he may need longer breaks.

    India Pakistan games are rare and are eagerly looked forward to by many fans. Maybe Kohli doesn't attach the same importance to them, unless it is in a major tournament.

    If BCCI feels that the Asia Cup is not an important tournament, they should have rested Bumrah and Bhuvi before Kohli. Also should have tried out youngsters like Shaw, Gill, Nagarkoti etc.

  48. #208
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    1,528
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I know kohli is another level player but this team has other match winners too. Rohit and Dhawan are surely top 5 odi batsman in world right now.

    Name:  stat.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  28.2 KB

  49. #209
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Venue
    Pune Maharashtra
    Runs
    414
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    So good thing is our teachers are better than in India because they have been chest thumping about their world cup advantage for decades now and we have done this for just an year.
    Wat about 72-51

  50. #210
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    2,439
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just realised that Umesh Yadav has once again been dropped from the squad.

    Very unfair on Umesh, who bowled his heart out on those English roads in the LOIs.

    Can't believe the selectors went with Thakur over Umesh. Unbelievable!

  51. #211
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    2,439
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    The TTFs will be back in the 11.

    01.Rohit *
    02.Shikhar
    03.Rahul
    04.Rayudu 😢
    05.Dhoni + 😢
    06.Jadhav 😢
    07.Pandya 😢
    You consider all of them to be TTFs?

    Man you must have achieved a lot of success in your life to call some of these these people failures.

  52. #212
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,394
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_outsider View Post
    I just realised that Umesh Yadav has once again been dropped from the squad.

    Very unfair on Umesh, who bowled his heart out on those English roads in the LOIs.

    Can't believe the selectors went with Thakur over Umesh. Unbelievable!
    Hats off to those who selected this selection committee. Bunch of average cricketers. I have watched most of them play for India in late 90s and early 2000s.

    MSK Prasad
    Sarandeep Singh (Wannabe Bhajji during those days)
    Gagan Khoda
    Devangh Gandhi
    Jatin Paranjpe

  53. #213
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    4,186
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_outsider View Post
    I just realised that Umesh Yadav has once again been dropped from the squad.

    Very unfair on Umesh, who bowled his heart out on those English roads in the LOIs.

    Can't believe the selectors went with Thakur over Umesh. Unbelievable!
    I still maintain that selecting the 2 spinners over Umesh in the CT final was incredibly stupid, given that he had fantastic figures in the group clash with Pakistan.

  54. #214
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    4,673
    Mentioned
    896 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No matter what happens its a no win situation for Pakistan. Will be criticized whether they win or lose against a weak team.

  55. #215
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    12,451
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    TBH even @Usman Chadda is saying that without Kohli this is Ind A team.

    BTW you were saying the other day that India will never rest Kohli in a tournament they are suppose to play Pak multiple times. Looks like another one of those many incorrect predictions
    I can see why others think this is still a strong Indian team, but frankly in my honest opinion this team should stand no chance this tournament. Indian LOI team is Kohli or nothing these days. Maybe Sharma can fire against the qualifier, but I don’t see India challenging either of Bangladesh or Pakistan with this batting line-up.

  56. #216
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    12,451
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
    We will be playing on dead UAE tracks. Your trundlers won't be able to survive there like they did in English conditions. Besides we will have one of the fastest bowling unit in Bumrah, Khaleel and Pandya, not to mention the wrist spinners. Good luck to your batsmen facing them.
    You are in for a surprise regarding the speeds of your ‘pace’ attack in the UAE. Pandya is not a fast bowler, please do not make this a joke thread by bringing that part timer into the discussion.

  57. #217
    Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    403
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    The missing player is

    Captain
    Best player in the team
    Best batsman in the world
    One of the ATGs in Odi cricket.
    Read my post,I said they are missing their best and yeah he is a atg. But do you think just taking him out makes it India A or a very weak Indian team?

  58. #218
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    298
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lol at "India Pakistan matches don't matter anymore for indians". If that had been the case then there wouldn't have been rona dhona to this day over the champions trophy.

  59. #219
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    164
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even dhoni and raina took rest from 2014 asia cup.I feel india will play better without kohli in this asia cup. Rohit is a good captain in limited over.

  60. #220
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Chandni Chowk, Delhi
    Runs
    48,601
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    Sachin used to do these pick and choose when he became 37 yo. Our Kuptaan sahab at the prime age of 29 only started this drama.
    Sachin was in some ODI form as well during those years. It seemed every time he played an ODI a hundred was on.

  61. #221
    Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    403
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Srtfan View Post
    Even dhoni and raina took rest from 2014 asia cup.I feel india will play better without kohli in this asia cup. Rohit is a good captain in limited over.
    Don't know about Raina but Dhoni was injured not resting.

  62. #222
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Manitoba
    Runs
    1,546
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Should have rested Pandya and Bumrah also. Asia cup isnt a significant tournament any more.
    Agree sirajh should have been given chance and perhaps krunal pandya

  63. #223
    Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    403
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    So Indian fans and @Mamoon are in a win-win situation here. Defeats to BD, SL or Pak, they can easily say this was our A team. If they win, they will celebrate.
    Not really, if they go with the "A" team excuse then they have to admit that India is a one man team.

  64. #224
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    26,221
    Mentioned
    1396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mp812rediff View Post
    Agree sirajh should have been given chance and perhaps krunal pandya
    He was in the squad in England.why was he dropped?

  65. #225
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    14,314
    Mentioned
    657 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Rested for the Tests in Australia. Thats important not this Asia cup.
    Why are you repeating this broken record and trying to feel good in your own way?

    If "Asia cup not important" logic is what makes you sleep at night, then cool.

    However, a full strength squad indicates how important it is. Each international cricket match is important.
    Last edited by babajee; 1st September 2018 at 23:17.

  66. #226
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    14,314
    Mentioned
    657 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Should have rested Pandya and Bumrah also. Asia cup isnt a significant tournament any more.
    Except they were kept because it's important.

    Now stop the broken record, and don't convey your delusion as the opinion of the cricket board. You're not BCCI spokesperson.

  67. #227
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Venue
    Deen Over Dunya
    Runs
    1,926
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Nothing to do with Pakistan. Asia cup just isnt a premier tournament anymore.

    Australia tour is far far more important than Asia cup and Bumrah and Pandya should be fit for that.

    Bcci has shown what they think by resting their captain their best player the best batsman in the world and arguably one of the greatest batsman in ODIs.
    India Australia tours used to exist long before the Asia cup. Thats not the reason. its more the proximity of the Asia Cup to other big series. Asia is cricket's epicenter. The Asia Cup is therefore of decent importance. India havent rested too many key players and thats because its still important especially in the year leading to a world cup.

  68. #228
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    26,221
    Mentioned
    1396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Why are you repeating this broken record and trying to feel good in your own way?

    If "Asia cup not important" logic is what makes you sleep at night, then cool.

    However, a full strength squad indicates how important it is. Each international cricket match is important.
    If Asia cup was that important bcci wont rest their team captain and best player.

  69. #229
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    1,358
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rohit Sharma is a better captain than Kohli so i expect a cracker of a game (even without Kohli)
    Last edited by GrandMaster; 1st September 2018 at 23:52.

  70. #230
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    26,221
    Mentioned
    1396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutdown Corner View Post
    India Australia tours used to exist long before the Asia cup. Thats not the reason. its more the proximity of the Asia Cup to other big series. Asia is cricket's epicenter. The Asia Cup is therefore of decent importance. India havent rested too many key players and thats because its still important especially in the year leading to a world cup.
    Australia tour is far more important than playing no. 5 6 7 in a cup. If India wins the test series in Aus it will be considered a bigger achievement than any asia cup win.

    India is cricket's epicenter not rest of Asia.

    Half of India's test side doesnot play ODIs. So only Pandya and Kohli have played all matches from IPL to Eng tour and deserved rest. Our bowling attack is totally different except Bumrah.

  71. #231
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,649
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Kind of sad India are resting their best player for Asia Cup. Never understood why India seem to place little importance on the asia cup. It's a tournament for best of asia. It's a bit like Euros in football. Surely a tournament win should mean more than an odd series win.

    Think's it's partly to do with India's approach to the rivalry over recent years. India want to prioritize playing against the others of the big three and India-Pak relations have been poor. And while India do play with Sri Lanka, they haven't really developed that sort of rivalry.

    It's kind of weird. India want to develop a rivalry with Aus and England, who always will have a deeper rivalry amongst themselves than anyone else. On the other hand it seems like Pak always have a rivalry with India whether India want to have a rivalry with them or not. Just an awkward mess really.

  72. #232
    Debut
    Apr 2014
    Runs
    273
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India are resting Kohli so that JUST IN CASE they lose,they have a reason to give. Plus, this might even reduce Mohammad Amirs potency and urge to bowl to his "Big match" potential...Like in some of those Sufi poems...Kohli was always his target...He bowls to meet Kohli on the pitch...Sharma, Raina, Dhawan all these jokers were mere cannon fodder. And oh btw, watchout for SL they are going to be the dark horses this time.

  73. #233
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    1,091
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Australia tour is far more important than playing no. 5 6 7 in a cup. If India wins the test series in Aus it will be considered a bigger achievement than any asia cup win.

    India is cricket's epicenter not rest of Asia.

    Half of India's test side doesnot play ODIs. So only Pandya and Kohli have played all matches from IPL to Eng tour and deserved rest. Our bowling attack is totally different except Bumrah.
    Eng is #5 Test Side, Aus is now #6 just few points above BD in ODIs these days.

    In LOI it is, WC>>CT>>Asia Cup>WT20>>Bilaterials. Nonetheless, I can understand that you are bored since you have won this many times already and number of participants are very less.

  74. #234
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    827
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDfanforever View Post
    Eng is #5 Test Side, Aus is now #6 just few points above BD in ODIs these days.

    In LOI it is, WC>>CT>>Asia Cup>WT20>>Bilaterials. Nonetheless, I can understand that you are bored since you have won this many times already and number of participants are very less.
    WC>WT20>CT>SENA bilateral ODIs>Asia cup>Home Bilaterals>ODIS with associates

  75. #235
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Wellness Centre
    Runs
    8,674
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hahaha. India don't give a crap about this tournament.


    Gangster rap made me do it.

  76. #236
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    842
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a master stroke from Kholi and BCCI. Defeat was imminent for Indian and to save One man Indian team from embarrassment, it was decided to rest him.

    Great strategy to keep his stock value intact as it is.

  77. #237
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    22,318
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    To my surprise, IND actually has sent a possible full strength team. Kohli is suffering for back spasm and it won't have been wise to force him playing in UAE at probably 40C. Apart from that, more or less they have sent their possible (or perceived, not sure ATR or Kartik or Thakur makes the first squad on merit) best squad. Sending Bumrah & Pandeya suggests that BCCI has given the tournament it's due respect. It'll be a good tournament for sure - without VK, IND actually isn't that ahead over other teams here.

  78. #238
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    951
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ads101 View Post
    Kind of sad India are resting their best player for Asia Cup. Never understood why India seem to place little importance on the asia cup. It's a tournament for best of asia. It's a bit like Euros in football. Surely a tournament win should mean more than an odd series win.

    Think's it's partly to do with India's approach to the rivalry over recent years. India want to prioritize playing against the others of the big three and India-Pak relations have been poor. And while India do play with Sri Lanka, they haven't really developed that sort of rivalry.

    It's kind of weird. India want to develop a rivalry with Aus and England, who always will have a deeper rivalry amongst themselves than anyone else. On the other hand it seems like Pak always have a rivalry with India whether India want to have a rivalry with them or not. Just an awkward mess really.
    What makes you think India wants a rivalry? They have a balanced schedule who plays with each and every team in a timely manner, no matter how small they are. Case in point, we played 4 Test match series in WI. It's just that Asia cup is not considered a premiere series, to risk your best player.

  79. #239
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    1,350
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India hasn't ever rated the Asia Cup for whatever reason. Or the Champions Trophy, though CT is a notch above the Asia Cup. I know this might sound rubbish to Pak posters who want to believe otherwise. But the truth is, I can't even remember who won the Asia Cup last, or the occasions we've won. I know through PP we've won it a lot. You tend to remember significant moments or innings from it and that's about it.

    The easiest way to test this out is to see how many times Indians quote their Asia Cup or CT wins. You won't find many I think. It's mostly about the WC for us.

    I don't think India is a one-man team, and we should play well even without Kohli. In fact, I think Rohit Sharma should take over LOI captaincy for good even with Kohli back.

    All that said, every one of us Indians here, I guarantee you, will tune in to watch the Ind-Pak game, even if it's the only game from the tournament we watch.

  80. #240
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    17,581
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    MSK: Virat's been playing almost non-stop, he is absolutely drained

    Calcutta: The senior national selectors'-scripted "workload management" protocol for the 2019 World Cup has kicked in, with India captain Virat Kohli rested for the Asia Cup.

    Had the Asia Cup been a low-key tournament like the Nidahas Trophy in Sri Lanka, towards the end of the 2017-2018 season, the decision wouldn't have evoked much discussion.

    The September 15-28 Asia Cup, however, features Pakistan and, whether one likes it or not, India vs Pakistan games continue to mean just about everything on both sides of the border.

    That being so, unless Virat has a major problem (thankfully, it's not so), he should have been heading to the UAE after England.

    The last Test, at The Oval, ends on September 11 and India's first match, in Dubai, is against a qualifier on September 18.

    Virat need not have played that game, but taken the field a day later, versus Pakistan.

    Nobody disagrees with the principle of managing workload, but to start with the Asia Cup is rather hard to digest. Key players have, in the past, not been rested in series which really have been of no consequence.

    It's unthinkable that Pakistan's selectors would have rested the No.1 player, who is also the captain, in a tournament where India's a participant.

    Big question is why did the Board of Control for Cricket in India, which is 'hosting' the Asia Cup away from home, keep the itineraries so tight?

    Somebody must answer.

    "Sometimes, decisions are taken keeping the bigger picture in mind. The World Cup is only eight-nine months away, so workload becomes critical, especially for those who play all three formats," chief selector MSK Prasad told The Telegraph.

    Speaking around an hour after he and his colleagues (except Devang Gandhi, who was on a conference call from Southampton) met in Mumbai on Saturday, Prasad added: "The decision to rest Virat, which was set rolling during/after the Nottingham Test, has been a collective one.

    "We had a series of discussions and Virat was a part of them...

    "Reality is that Virat has been playing almost non-stop, except for about a month from the latter part of May (after the IPL). He's absolutely drained and it is not fair to expect him to keep performing at such a high level...

    "A call had to be made. Besides, we have a very important tour of Australia, from November. That's a priority."

    Surely, Virat could have been rested in the two-Test series against the West Indies, from October 4... Prasad responded by informing the "workload" factor would come into play when the squads for the Tests, five ODIs and the three T20Is get selected.

    Another selector accepted that Virat could have been rested for the two Tests, but he "wasn't a robot and cannot play like one."

    Of course, Virat isn't a robot. But, maybe, it wouldn't be out of place to reproduce what he told this Reporter in Dhaka after a smashing 183 versus Pakistan in the 2012 Asia Cup.

    The interview had been conducted by the poolside of the Pan Pacific Sonargaon before a gym session.

    Here goes: "Obviously, it's different. India-Pakistan matches have always had their history. As kids also, we used to be keen for this huge game. So, that's always been on my mind, that this is a dream match for any cricketer playing for India or Pakistan...

    "If you do well, it's going to be a totally different high. I experienced it in the last game (in Mirpur) and it was wonderful...

    "Obviously, it was a high-pressure match and you do think about it before the game. Everyone watches, so that sort of comes across your mind and is hard to ignore."

    Pretty revealing that from Virat, who one assumes would have relished the challenge of defeating Pakistan, especially after being upset in the 2017 Champions Trophy final.

    Indeed, so passionate is Virat that one would expect him to even play on one leg - against Pakistan. That's the aura which has grown around him.

    Virat has been a party to what is a massive call by Prasad and Co, but would there also be a "collective decision" with regard to "workload management" during IPL XII, which precedes the 2019 World Cup?

    One waits with much anticipation.
    Source: https://www.telegraphindia.com/sport...drained-256376


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •