Instagram

An evening with Shahid Afridi and Younis Khan

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 241 to 293 of 293
  1. #241
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    8,884
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should also rest Bumrah and Pandya. They will be required to bowl many overs in Australia.

  2. #242
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    272
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    This is not a B team. This is Indian selectors being lazy. This should have been the time to blood all the exciting 19-22 aged players who have been doing great.
    pathetic attitude by Indian selectors,why give a VIP treatment to Kohli alone, he has forgotten to win a match alone 4 years now, what is the special treatment for?

  3. #243
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    2,425
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Should also rest Bumrah and Pandya. They will be required to bowl many overs in Australia.
    I think they'll be rested for the home series against WI.

    I don't see any use for Pandya in home tests anyway. We don't need a 3rd seamer on Indian pitches.

    Bumrah will also probably be rested from the tests. I hope they give Siraj his maiden test cap against WI. He's already taken 3 wickets in the ongoing match against Australia A.

  4. #244
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    94,390
    Mentioned
    1719 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Former Australia batsman Dean Jones on Saturday welcomed the BCCI’s decision to rest regular skipper Virat Kohli for the upcoming Asia Cup, saying “it’s not a one-man team”, while also hailing the inclusion of young guns like Manish Pandey and Khaleel Ahmed for the tournament, starting in the United Arab Emirates on September 15.

    “India is not a one-man team. No one’s going to replace Kohli, but I’ll tell you what, it is an unbelievable opportunity for Pandey, Ambati Rayudu and these boys, and don’t forget M.S. Dhoni,” Jones, who is part of the commentary panel for Star Sports — the broadcasters of the tournament, said over phone after the selection committee met here, earlier, in the day.

    Kohli, who has been in prolific form in the ongoing five-Test rubber in England, where he twice belted 200 runs in the first and third Tests, was rested, keeping in mind the gruelling tour of Australia, later, this year.


    Jones, further, said that the Rohit Sharma-captained team looks exciting and the Asia Cup can give the youngsters a perfect platform to cement their spot.

    “I think it’s a great team led by Rohit Sharma, they got their bowlers right who can reverse swing and at the death, 25-30 overs will be bowled for the spinners. They got (Yuzvendra) Chahal, Kuldeep (Yadav) and Axar Patel bowling beautifully. Bhuvi (Bhuvneshwar Kumar) and (Jasprit) Bumrah will bowl at the death, they got a very good balance,” he added.

    Asked if Kohli’s absence will affect the marquee clash against arch-rivals Pakistan on September 19, Jones said that the world will be watching the match, irrespective of whether the 29-year-old plays or not.

    “It is all about Blue for them (the Indian team) and trust me, when Green meets Blue, there will be excitement and fireworks,” he said.

    “I am looking forward to him having a huge series. So, trust me or not, Kohli is not playing, but when Pakistan meets India, the world will be watching,” he added.

    Besides Kohli, the BCCI selectors also rested the likes of regular ODI players Suresh Raina, Umesh Yadav and Siddarth Kaul.

    After Rohit’s promotion as captain, opening batsman Shikhar Dhawan was named his deputy in the side that will see the return of Maharashtra batsman Kedar Jadhav to the national side, after being out with an injury for a considerable amount of time. Rajasthan’s Under-19 pacer Khaleel Ahmed also earned his maiden India call-up for the 14th edition of the meet.

    https://www.sportstarlive.com/cricke...le24841925.ece
    Last edited by MenInG; 2nd September 2018 at 08:29.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  5. #245
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    12,449
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The hype here in the UAE for this match is unreal. There is disappointment, specially from the Indian contingent, of no Virat Kohli. Yet they are foolish enough to think they can beat Pakistan, the poor souls.

  6. #246
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    2,764
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InziRules View Post
    Kohli running away from Amir to preserve his legacy.

    Unlike Sachin who faced whoever got him out cheaply to take revenge.

    Guess that's what separates the GOAT Sachin from pretenders like Kohli
    This.

    Kholi has realized his limit. He can score against weak attacks and in easier conditions. If he can field for 200 overseas a test match he is fit to play 50 overseas every 3 days. But he is afraid.

  7. #247
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    2,764
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Really glad with Khalid's inclusion. PPer's will remember that I predicted this a year back. He is sharp and is very aggressive bowler. Siraj is faster but he is not white ball bower yet.

  8. #248
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Somewhere in Pakistan
    Runs
    499
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JattMaula View Post
    Really glad with Khalid's inclusion. PPer's will remember that I predicted this a year back. He is sharp and is very aggressive bowler. Siraj is faster but he is not white ball bower yet.
    Siraj has terrific List A stats- 47 wickets in 22 games, Average of 20 - 3 Fifers

  9. #249
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    12,983
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What a horrible squad - the batting side of it anyway.

    MS Dhoni - old and bats too slow now;
    Dinesh Karthik - one or two good matches in 14 years of international cricket and now some people think he's the next incarnation of Gilchrist when in reality the guy still averages in the 20s after ~80 odis;
    Jadhav - 33 years old and hasn't done anything of note in ODIs since the England tour of India in Jan 2017 - he even failed in this months India B vs Australia A series;
    Manish Pandey - 29 years old and is treated like some young kid with bags of potential. Although to be fair he did do well vs Australia A recently;
    Ambati Rayudu - another player in his mid 30s who we're going back to after a gap of 2.5 years. Bats at the pace of a snail.


    Anyone seriously think any of the above will do well at the WC in England next year? Why not pick an Asia Cup squad with the World Cup in mind?
    Last edited by Gabbar Singh; 2nd September 2018 at 14:35.

  10. #250
    Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    Birmingham, England
    Runs
    5,024
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    What a horrible squad - the batting side of it anyway.

    MS Dhoni - old and bats too slow now;
    Dinesh Karthik - one or two good matches in 14 years of international cricket and now some people think he's the next incarnation of Gilchrist when in reality the guy still averages in the 20s after ~80 odis;
    Jadhav - 33 years old and hasn't done anything of note in ODIs since the England tour of India in Jan 2017 - he even failed in this months India B vs Australia A series;
    Manish Pandey - 29 years old and is treated like some young kid with bags of potential. Although to be fair he did do well vs Australia A recently;
    Ambati Rayudu - another player in his mid 30s who we're going back to after a gap of 2.5 years. Bats at the pace of a snail.


    Anyone seriously think any of the above will do well at the WC in England next year? Why not pick an Asia Cup squad with the World Cup in mind?
    India will easy be in the semi-finals. However, at that stage the above guys may find it hard to take India into the World Cup final.

  11. #251
    Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    25,086
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by battler View Post
    Bumrah should have been rested too.
    That would have been great, really


    Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

  12. #252
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    165
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    The missing player is

    Captain
    Best player in the team
    Best batsman in the world
    One of the ATGs in Odi cricket.
    the missing player didn't made any difference in champions trophy final ...... LoL

    @Mamoon still licking his wounds.

  13. #253
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    94,390
    Mentioned
    1719 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Think I now understand what people meant about what it means when we have Kohli not being there for India


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  14. #254
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    26,218
    Mentioned
    1396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imran1976 View Post
    the missing player didn't made any difference in champions trophy final ...... LoL

    @Mamoon still licking his wounds.
    Cricket didnt start and end with CT final.Pakistan fans are still living in the past.

  15. #255
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    692
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Cricket didnt start and end with CT final.Pakistan fans are still living in the past.
    CT win >>>> any WCs or tests win

  16. #256
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    94,390
    Mentioned
    1719 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kuskash View Post
    CT win >>>> any WCs or tests win
    Think this England tour is hurting a lot of people badly. IT will pass friends.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  17. #257
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    692
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Think this England tour is hurting a lot of people badly. IT will pass friends.
    You are right, test loses hurt much more than ODIs.

  18. #258
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Vancouver, Canada
    Runs
    447
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would be very disappointed if we don't beat India. I can see them collapsing again without Kohli to steady the ship.

  19. #259
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    723
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully Asia cup would be an exciting tournament.

    Tbh nidahas trophy between 3 mediocre sides (India A,Bangladesh and Sri Lanka)was more exciting than India vs (SA and Eng) 2018 ODI series.

  20. #260
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    825
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People write off Indian team at its own perill just bcoz Kohli is not there. Yes Kohli is a great player but he is not the only player. Likes of Rohit, Dhawan and Rahul are all class in white ball cricket. Our biggest match winner in ODIs recently are the spinners and I expect them to come into party. Pak needs to play really well to beat India and if they beat us, no excuses from our end. For India, the key will be not to lose an early wicket to Amir in his 1st spell and then game over for Pak.

    Dhawan
    Rohit
    Rahul
    Pandey
    Dhoni
    Jadhav
    Pandya
    Kuldeep
    Chahal
    Bhuvi
    Bumrah

    Still a very good LOI team

  21. #261
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    14,689
    Mentioned
    358 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    People write off Indian team at its own perill just bcoz Kohli is not there. Yes Kohli is a great player but he is not the only player. Likes of Rohit, Dhawan and Rahul are all class in white ball cricket. Our biggest match winner in ODIs recently are the spinners and I expect them to come into party. Pak needs to play really well to beat India and if they beat us, no excuses from our end. For India, the key will be not to lose an early wicket to Amir in his 1st spell and then game over for Pak.

    Dhawan
    Rohit
    Rahul
    Pandey
    Dhoni
    Jadhav
    Pandya
    Kuldeep
    Chahal
    Bhuvi
    Bumrah

    Still a very good LOI team
    Indian spinners are good enough to restrict teams to a low total.

    Don't think their batting is good enough to win regularly though.

    I think Pakistan will win the Asia Cup simply because the competition is not good enough.


    And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

  22. #262
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    26,147
    Mentioned
    1214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)



    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  23. #263
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    825
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

    Looks like Khalil Ahmed is ignored in the picture....or he is not interested

  24. #264
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,842
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    Looks like Khalil Ahmed is ignored in the picture....or he is not interested
    May be he's trynna impress the fairy sitting behind, by acting mature.

  25. #265
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Den of RCB
    Runs
    344
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Hardik Pandya out of Asia cup .. Csk all rounder Deepak Chahar added to Squad

    Team India has been dealt with a huge blow in the ongoing Asia Cup as their all-rounder Hardik Pandya has been ruled out of the tournament. He was grimacing in pain after falling while bowling in the game against Pakistan and had to be stretchered off the field. Later, it was revealed that he is struggling with the acute lower back injury and his condition is being assessed.

    According to the reports in Hindustan Times, Deepak Chahar has been called up to the squad and he will land in Dubai on Thursday. This is his maiden call-up to the ODI team after making a debut in the T20I decider against England a couple of months ago. Chahar is also known for his decent batting along with his swing bowling prowess. It remains to be seen if he will be handed over a debut in the game against Bangladesh on Friday.

    https://www.crictracker.com/asia-cup...acement-named/

  26. #266
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,393
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Should have picked Jadeja instead. Another poor selection. Chahar is another mediocre cricketer.


    Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

  27. #267
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    895
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A batsman who can bowl was more needed. India already has Khaleel in the bench


    If you Can Believe In Something, Than why not believe In Yourself.

  28. #268
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    825
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Should have picked Jadeja instead. Another poor selection. Chahar is another mediocre cricketer.
    Totally agree

  29. #269
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    723
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deepak Chahar? Seriously? We lost the plot completely.

    Why not Krunal Pandya or Pant?

  30. #270
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    6,963
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Decent selection, is a swing bowler who can bat a bit. Guess its more from the point of resting Bhuvi/Bumrah at some stage in the tournament.

    Even Axar and Shardul Thakur have been ruled out. And the jokers have gone back to Siddarth Kaul! Jadeja is a good inclusion for Axar, but Krunal Pandya deserved to be picked

  31. #271
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    825
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Deepak Chahar? Seriously? We lost the plot completely.

    Why not Krunal Pandya or Pant?
    Both dont play for CSK. You need to be exceptionally good like Kohli/Bumrah to make it into Indian team if you are not from CSK.

  32. #272
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Den of RCB
    Runs
    344
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Admin can you edit the Team News:

    Shardul , Axar Pandya OUT

    Kaul, Jaddu & Deepak IN

  33. #273
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    12,983
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Should have picked Jadeja instead. Another poor selection. Chahar is another mediocre cricketer.
    Feel sorry for Jadeja - he hasn’t done a lot wrong to be kept out of the odi team. He’s also the best fielder in the country imo (out of those who have been in the national side recently). Moreover, he has a good record in ODIs in England so with an eye on the World Cup he should be brought back into the side.

  34. #274
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    17,577
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Asia Cup 2018: Ravindra Jadeja, Siddarth Kaul to replace injured Axar Patel, Shardul Thakur in India’s ODI squad

    Ravindra Jadeja and Siddarth Kaul will fly to the UAE to link up with India’s ODI squad for the Super Four stage of the 2018 Asia Cup, replacing the injured pair of Axar Patel and Shardul Thakur, CricketCountry has learned.

    Left-arm spinner Axar has a thumb injury and pace bowler Thakur has a groin niggle, sources have revealed. CricketCountry understands that the BCCI was forced to look at replacements on short notice, and that the decision to replace Axar with Jadeja, who last played an ODI in July 2017 was taken first.

    The news comes soon after the BCCI confirmed that Hardik Pandya was to fly home and that Rajasthan seam bowler Deepak Chahar was his replacement. Pandya injured his back during India’s win over Pakistan on Wednesday, having to be stretchered off the field.

    Jadeja played the fifth and final Test in England recently, taking seven wickets and top-scoring with an unbeaten 86 in India’s first innings. Jadeja featured for Saurashtra in their 2018-19 Vijay Hazare Trophy opener against Uttar Pradesh in Delhi on Wednesday, scoring 14 and conceding 62 runs in 10 wicketless overs.

    He and R Ashwin were India’s premier spin pair in ODIs and T20Is until the emergence of the wrist-spinning combination of Yuzvendra Chahal and Kuldeep Yadav last year.

    Kaul took 4/55 for Punjab in the Vijay Hazare Trophy on Wednesday, having earlier managed three wickets in four matches for India B in a quadrangular series featuring India A, Australia A and South Africa A. He last played an ODI in England in July when he made his debut. Kaul was one of several bowlers flown to Dubai last week to help bowl at India’s batsmen in the nets.

    https://www.cricketcountry.com/news/...i-squad-747666

  35. #275
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    494
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How can one get injured without (or little) playing cricket? However good riddance!

  36. #276
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    723
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy to see Jadeja back in the squad. Chahal didn't do anything with the ball in the tournament so far and it's best to add Jadeja in playing 11 and kick Chahal out.

    Why Kaul though? For that 1 Wicket of Butler in the T20 game? Didn't he go wicketless in the ODI series later? He simply is not the international material. Let him stick to Domestics and IPL.

    My playing 11 for the next game against Pak:

    1. Rohit
    2. Dhawan
    3. KL Rahul
    4. Rayudu/Manish
    5. Dhoni
    6. Jadhav
    7. Jadeja
    8. Bhuvi
    9. Kuldeep
    10. Bumrah
    11. Khaleel

  37. #277
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    376
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why can't they give chances to newcomers like krunal, same old ttfs. Msk Prasad is biggest hurdle for improvement in Indian cricket.

  38. #278
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    2,425
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_outsider View Post
    Was sure that Pandya would be rested. Suprised to see him in the squad. He's had a very heavy workload.

    Shocked they picked DK over Pant. A 34 year-old backup for a 37 year-old Dhoni. Brilliant!




    Also, I was really hoping they would revisit Jadeja as the 6th bowler and #7 batsman. India needs a 2nd all-rounder in the XI.

    Well, it happened through an unfortunate injury but I got what I hoped for. Pandya out of the tournament (might miss the WI series too) and they finally have Jadeja back in the squad. High hopes from Sir!

  39. #279
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    2,425
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MP2011 View Post
    How can one get injured without (or little) playing cricket? However good riddance!
    Axar has been playing constantly. Just not for the senior team. He just finished a county stint and was playing with India A before that.

    Plus, we've often heard of players getting injured during training. Especially when it comes to injuries like a sore/fractured thumb or toe.

  40. #280
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    2,535
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Jadeja should immediately play in place of Pandya in these conditions. Pandya should also go back & prepare for Australian tour! That should be his last "Test" tour, if he is not consistent (not just 1 fifer in bowling or 1 fifty in batting) then he should limit himself for just LOIs (because that's where bits & pieces works) India should visualize Bhuvaneshwar as some kind of Test Alrounder (because he can bat & bowl better than Pandya in tests)

    Coming back to this Asia Cup, I feel this can be better playing XI among the available resources:

    Rohit
    Dhawan
    Rahul
    Dhoni
    Pandey
    Rayudu
    Jadhav
    Jadeja
    B.Kumar
    Bumrah
    Chahal/Kuldeep (no need to play both)

  41. #281
    Debut
    Nov 2009
    Runs
    124
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pandya was stretchered off on Wednesday, after collapsing during his spell. A BCCI statement said he "suffered an acute lower back spasm during the game against Pakistan and is undergoing treatment and assessment by the BCCI medical team." Axar injured his left index finger during the same game. Shardul, who did not play the Pakistan game, had experienced "right hip and groin soreness after the game against Hong Kong".

  42. #282
    Debut
    Nov 2009
    Runs
    124
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MP2011 View Post
    How can one get injured without (or little) playing cricket? However good riddance!
    Left-arm spinner Axar Patel injured his left index finger while fielding in the game against Pakistan. He was sent for scans and the results showed that he had a tendon tear. He will be unavailable for the remainder of the series. Ravindra Jadeja will replace Axar Patel in the squad.

    Right-arm pacer Shardul Thakur experienced right hip and groin soreness after the game against Hong Kong. He will be unavailable for the remainder of the series. Siddharth Kaul will replace Shardul Thakur in the squad.

  43. #283
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    6,963
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Shardul Thakur was sat on his bum all through the England tour, gets a match and promptly gets injured. Seriously puts into question training regime of Indian team.

  44. #284
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    2,425
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketindiafan View Post
    Shardul Thakur was sat on his bum all through the England tour, gets a match and promptly gets injured. Seriously puts into question training regime of Indian team.
    That could very well be the reason. Playing in the UAE heat after such a long gap of game-time often leads to more injury than being on the field regularly.

  45. #285
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    6,963
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    Feel sorry for Jadeja - he hasn’t done a lot wrong to be kept out of the odi team. He’s also the best fielder in the country imo (out of those who have been in the national side recently). Moreover, he has a good record in ODIs in England so with an eye on the World Cup he should be brought back into the side.
    When he was dropped after the CT Final, in his last 10 ODIs, he was averaging 16 with the bat and 60 with the ball. His performance at Oval has got him back into the team. But I'd have him over Axar any day. Selecting Krunal would have been better.

    Jadeja has done well in longer format since his exclusion but struggled even in IPL.

  46. #286
    Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    3,359
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having Jadeja in the WC squad along with Pandya makes sense. It would give the team management options to go with different combinations (seam heavy or a mix of seam and spin or bat deep). If two wrist spinners are an overkill then Jadeja can come in to play a defensive role as well as bolster the batting down the order. His fielding is a no brainer.

    I had expected Pandya to be rested in the west indies series, but unfortunately for him, it has happened earlier. Looking forward to his speedy recovery.

    Not sold on Kaul though, but realistically I don't see him playing. Khaleel would and good for him. He is a potential pick for the WC and I wish the youngster grabs his chances now and proves his mettle to cement his spot


    Win or lose - it is Team INDIA I choose...

  47. #287
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    1,123
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iqbal6 View Post
    Pandya was stretchered off on Wednesday, after collapsing during his spell. A BCCI statement said he "suffered an acute lower back spasm during the game against Pakistan and is undergoing treatment and assessment by the BCCI medical team." Axar injured his left index finger during the same game. Shardul, who did not play the Pakistan game, had experienced "right hip and groin soreness after the game against Hong Kong".
    That injury won the game for India. The batsmen were enjoying his medium pace.

  48. #288
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    2,425
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
    That injury won the game for India. The batsmen were enjoying his medium pace.
    Are you sure? Because Hardik would have had Malik's wicket if Dhoni didn't drop the catch.

  49. #289
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,393
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketindiafan View Post
    Shardul Thakur was sat on his bum all through the England tour, gets a match and promptly gets injured. Seriously puts into question training regime of Indian team.
    May be team management wanted to get rid of Thakur and wanted a better option? There is only one way players can be replaced and that is to declare them injured. Anyway Kaul and Thakur looks same to me but I am happy with Jadeja's inclusion. Will make bowling even stronger than it is now.

  50. #290
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    6,963
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    May be team management wanted to get rid of Thakur and wanted a better option? There is only one way players can be replaced and that is to declare them injured. Anyway Kaul and Thakur looks same to me but I am happy with Jadeja's inclusion. Will make bowling even stronger than it is now.
    Thats a short term fix. Jadeja being in the squad will not play in 2019 WC for sure. But will definitely add to strength of this team in UAE.

    Was a great chance to groom two young pacers - could have been any two of Siraj, Rajpoot, Prasidh, Saini or Mavi. Khaleel showed what young pacers with pace bring, thats what the 5 mentioned have. Kauls, Thakurs and Chahars will never become 140+ bowlers for us and have limited future.

  51. #291
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,940
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketindiafan View Post
    Thats a short term fix. Jadeja being in the squad will not play in 2019 WC for sure. But will definitely add to strength of this team in UAE.

    Was a great chance to groom two young pacers - could have been any two of Siraj, Rajpoot, Prasidh, Saini or Mavi. Khaleel showed what young pacers with pace bring, thats what the 5 mentioned have. Kauls, Thakurs and Chahars will never become 140+ bowlers for us and have limited future.
    This.

    India should have tried Siraj who seems to have improved a lot or some raw young pacers like Mavi.

    This love for mediocre trundlers like Kaul, Thakur is disgusting.

    I would have preferred Umesh Yadav instead of Kaul.

  52. #292
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,393
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    This Deepak Chahar is another trundler. Can't believe some of the fans here were getting offended when I called him another mediocre bowler. The quicket we git rid of these Kauls and Chahars the better it will be for Team India.

  53. #293
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dûr
    Runs
    14,246
    Mentioned
    477 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    This Deepak Chahar is another trundler. Can't believe some of the fans here were getting offended when I called him another mediocre bowler. The quicket we git rid of these Kauls and Chahars the better it will be for Team India.
    He is the epitome of mediocrity.
    If not for Malti Chahar and CSK mafia, he wouldn't have been anywhere near the team.


    Tazimi Sirdar


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •