Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

PTI Govt notifies new Economic Advisory Council, Atif Mian is included

So PTI Govt included an Ahmedi Economist Atif Mian in their team let's see how the media highlight this in a positive/negative way

Atif Mian is an Ahmedi Pakistani-American economist. He is the first person of Pakistani origin to rank among the top 25 young economists of the world. His work involves the connections between finance and the macro economy.

Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I personally think Jibran and a few others shouldn't have tweeted this because not many people were aware of the fact that Atif Mian is part of EAC and he is an Ahmedi but now there is a whole campaign over social media against PTI for appointing an Ahmedi and i hope extreme maulvis stay calm.

Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I am worried whether this is a case of too many cooks spoil the broth

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent move but will receive backlash.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WebGuru View Post
    I personally think Jibran and a few others shouldn't have tweeted this because not many people were aware of the fact that Atif Mian is part of EAC and he is an Ahmedi but now there is a whole campaign over social media against PTI for appointing an Ahmedi and i hope extreme maulvis stay calm.
    Poori zindai dar k guzarni hai ? Is sai to acha mout he nai?

And Jibran tweeted it because he criticized PTI in past for this when Imran backed out..

In is own words:
    Karo toh masla na Karo toh masla. If I criticized a party on a policy publicly then I must appluad them publicly as well for correcting their mistake.

This is called politics of principles.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    Excellent move but will receive backlash.
    backlash? why backlash ?

qasam sai yar kia ham log itnay darpok ho gaye hain k in mazhabi janooniun ki waja sai kuch karain he nai.

Excellent step by pti and should be highlighted.. give them a message k ham to aisi appointments karain gai aur isay highlight b, jo ukharna hai ukhar lo.. #PakistanForAll

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jibran is an idiot for this. It wasn't his story to tell, had Atif wanted this to come out, he'd have said if. Or in his own time. This will now put Atif under the microscope as opposed to the others on the council.

Why's this attention seeker trying to ensure he's the central character in this narrative? He's got a serious hero complex.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1647 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Attention seeker Jibran needs a slap on his face for this stunt... stupid insaan. Now Atif Mian will become controversial for no reason.

200-250 vote lehnay waloon ko jub zayda izzat dehdo tou aisa hota hai

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Attention seeker Jibran needs a slap on his face for this stunt... stupid insaan. Now Atif Mian will become controversial for no reason.

Jibran Nisar : "hmm how can I make this situation about myself and get loads of RT's and ensure my position as woke king on twitter, whilst not caring in the least about the wants of my alleged friend Atif.. oh I know..."

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    backlash? why backlash ?

qasam sai yar kia ham log itnay darpok ho gaye hain k in mazhabi janooniun ki waja sai kuch karain he nai.

Excellent step by pti and should be highlighted.. give them a message k ham to aisi appointments karain gai aur isay highlight b, jo ukharna hai ukhar lo.. #PakistanForAll
    Backlash from those Mullah's. I agree that we should not bow to fundamentalists, but the govt will get a lot of criticism, that's for certain

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asim_khan View Post
    Jibran is an idiot for this. It wasn't his story to tell, had Atif wanted this to come out, he'd have said if. Or in his own time. This will now put Atif under the microscope as opposed to the others on the council.

Why's this attention seeker trying to ensure he's the central character in this narrative? He's got a serious hero complex.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post

Agreed with this. I'm sure most people did not know about Atif Mian's background.Now he will be under a lot of unnecessary pressure.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Backlash from those extremists. I agree that we should not bow to fundamentalists, but the govt will get a lot of criticism, that's for certain
    Fixed

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Backlash from those Mullah's. I agree that we should not bow to fundamentalists, but the govt will get a lot of criticism, that's for certain
    It was just a tweet. But the way Pakistanis have reacted as if he has done some kind of sin.

Indeed they have bowed down to extremist Mullahs. Always have. One of the reason why we are in dumps.

#PakistaForAll

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was just a tweet. But the way Pakistanis have reacted as if he has done some kind of sin.

Indeed they have bowed down to extremist Mullahs. Always have. One of the reason why we are in dumps.

#PakistaForAll
    Pakistan for all doesn’t happen overnight with a hashtag #PakistanForAll. It comes with education, prosperity and rule of law. His tweet is beyond ridiculous! Like I said earlier why couldn’t he stop at best economist in th country. Why mention other irrelevant things about high had now drawn unwanted attention towards him. You can ignore what kind of society we are living in, unfortunate but true.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick84 View Post
    Pakistan for all doesn’t happen overnight with a hashtag #PakistanForAll. It comes with education, prosperity and rule of law. His tweet is beyond ridiculous! Like I said earlier why couldn’t he stop at best economist in th country. Why mention other irrelevant things about high had now drawn unwanted attention towards him. You can ignore what kind of society we are living in, unfortunate but true.
    Society batain bananay sai change nai ho gi.. Jibran has Masha Allah done the ground work for years whether it be confronting Laal Masjid Mullahs or against our incompetent CM Sindh and many other occasions (I can provide videos if you want) .. Aur tum log usay attention seeker kh detay ho.. Like i mentioned above why he tweeted it is because he criticized pti for backing out from Atif Mians name in past. Phlai poori baat parh lia karo.. Also uski aik simple si tweet thi issue tum logun nay banaya hai. Bas keeray he nikaltay rhna.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noora supporters are doing media campaign against it.What fazul people we are living with @Syed1.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Society batain bananay sai change nai ho gi.. Jibran has Masha Allah done the ground work for years whether it be confronting Laal Masjid Mullahs or against our incompetent CM Sindh and many other occasions (I can provide videos if you want) .. Aur tum log usay attention seeker kh detay ho.. Like i mentioned above why he tweeted it is because he criticized pti for backing out from Atif Mians name in past. Phlai poori baat parh lia karo.. Also uski aik simple si tweet thi issue tum logun nay banaya hai. Bas keeray he nikaltay rhna.
    Again all you’re doing is whining instead of understanding the intensity of the situation. Confronting is no ground work. This could be done only with improvement to a common man’s life.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Again all you’re doing is whining instead of understanding the intensity of the situation. Confronting is no ground work. This could be done only with improvement to a common man’s life.
    Bro I have lived long enough and was threatened myself multiple times because i have raised my voice for minorities not as much as Jibran but on a small level. Dont tell me situation in Pakistan, i know it first hand.. Plus Mulla Abdul aziz k against FIR Jibran ki waja sai he kati thii.. Confronting Laal Masjid Mullas in that sense. During that heat wave Jinna ward mai equipments ko serious Sindh govt nay Jibran k Qaim Ali Shah confrontation k baad he lia tha.. Once again first gain knowledge then we can talk.

Last edited by SarfiBabarHaris; 2nd September 2018 at 18:39.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bro I have lived long enough and was threatened myself multiple times because i have raised my voice for minorities not as much as Jibran but on a small level. Dont tell me situation in Pakistan, i know it first hand.. Plus Mulla Abdul aziz k against FIR Jibran ki waja sai he kati thii.. Confronting Laal Masjid Mullas in that sense. During that heat wave Jinna ward mai equipments ko serious Sindh govt nay Jibran k Qaim Ali Shah confrontation k baad he lia tha.. Once again first gain knowledge then we can talk.

What you’re saying is totally irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    For the last time:

In is own words:
    Karo toh masla na Karo toh masla. If I criticized a party on a policy publicly then I must appluad them publicly as well for correcting their mistake.

This is why he tweeted. Secondly in his tweets the word Ahmadi is not mentioned. Thirdly even if he had mention Atif is an Ahmadi than whats the fuss about it. Just because some Mullahs and extremists wont be happy? Isi tara zinda rhna hai dar dar kay? And dont tell me that i dont know te actual situation in Pakistan as i have answered it above. We need to step up wrna 40 saal baad bhi yehi condition ho gi.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 3rd September 2018 at 00:14.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the last time:

In is own words:

This is why he tweeted. Secondly in his tweets the word Ahmadi is not mentioned. Thirdly even if he had mention Atif is an Ahmadi than whats the fuss about it. Just because some Mullahs and extremists wont be happy? Isi tara zinda rhna hai dar dar kay? And dont tell me that i dont know te actual situation in Pakistan as i have answered it above. We need to step up wrna 40 saal baad bhi yehi condition ho gi.
    Again for last time, why couldn’t he stop at “great decision to include Atif. One of the best economists in Pakistan” lol@he didn’t mention him being an Ahmadi. Yea he was talking about his hairstyle which could have been kept confidential. a few mullahs? They are talking about in tv shows and social media is going crazy over it. Opposition’s joint candidate is Maulvi Fazal, that tells you how strong Mullahs are. Maybe you have been living under a rock but three Ahmadis were hanged last year on blasphemy case.
    You can continue to cheerlead but fact if the matter is Jibran sold Atif out and put his life in danger.

I have nothing more to add. You can continue to cheerlead and call names.
    Last edited by Maverick84; 2nd September 2018 at 20:08.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raja danish View Post
    must watch this

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Again for last time, why couldn’t he stop at “great decision to include Atif. One of the best economists in Pakistan” lol@he didn’t mention him being an Ahmadi. Yea he was talking about his hairstyle which could have been kept confidential. a few mullahs? They are talking about in tv shows and social media is going crazy over it. Opposition’s joint candidate is Maulvi Fazal, that tells you how strong Mullahs are. Maybe you have been living under a rock but three Ahmadis were hanged last year on blasphemy case.
    You can continue to cheerlead but fact if the matter is Jibran sold Atif out and put his life in danger.

Lol @ living under the rock. See my posts in other threads related to Ahmadis. I think i have the most posts in those recent treads. I know the kind of difficulties they face. But if we do genuinely care for them then yar ye sab khatam krna ho ga that is why i really appreciate PTI and see no harm in Jibran mentioning this. Plus Atif is his personal friend, koi msla hota Atif ko to foran tweet wapis lai leta.

Ap k pass 2 options hain. 1 dar sai larr k jeena, 2. dar k sath jeena. If 1 tweet is making media and extremists go bonkers so be it. If there are 100 extremists on media and social media then we should be in 1000s but hamara msla ye hai k ham darr jatay hain.

And please tell me where have i name called you?

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raja Danish View Post
    PTI have corrected their mistake so we should appreciate them.

And those saying Jibran Atif kay background ka na batata to media ko pata na chalta etc should watch this video of Imran Khan talking about Atif and his beliefs. Sooner or later media would have got this.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Criticise karo to attention seeker, taareef karo to attention seeker. Aik martaba Soch lo kay tum log chahtay kia ho.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If stating the obvious can get someone’s life in danger then the problem is not in the tweet but in the society.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shame on Shehla Raza and more power to Jibran. Only principled politician in Pak.

Time for Bilawal to walk the talk. Laikin i doubt he will take a bold step. Bas batain krwa lo in sab sai. Darpok log.
    Last edited by SarfiBabarHaris; 2nd September 2018 at 22:02.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PPP should stop calling themselves a liberal and leftist party. They have the same narrow minded thinking and those who dont are either phattu or too naive.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And now he's putting out a fire he started himself.

A good old three card monte. Start a controversy through an innocent 😇 tweet, wait for a reaction from the female Abid Sher Ali of PPP, replying with a holier than thou attitude, and await applause from your fan girls.

Sounds like he's aiming to place himself as the true heir to the left wing throne. Good luck to him.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrez Pakistani View Post
    If stating the obvious can get someone’s life in danger then the problem is not in the tweet but in the society.
    Couldn't have said it better.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    two clowns

but atleast one has been part of parliaments

#MPGA

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PPP should stop calling themselves a liberal and leftist party. They have the same narrow minded thinking and those who dont are either phattu or too naive.
    PPP is worst of both worlds. In the garb of liberalism, some of its members do all sorts of immoral things such as corruption, drinking while pretending to be ill and what not. And we all know that deep down, some of them are the bigots of the worst kind.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PPP is worst of both worlds. In the garb of liberalism, some of its members do all sorts of immoral things such as corruption, drinking while pretending to be ill and what not. And we all know that deep down, some of them are the bigots of the worst kind.
    I even have reservations over Z.A.Bhutto and dont believe he was some kind of liberal leader as portrayed. he was the one who bowed down to extremist Mullahs and the seeds of religious extremism were sown in his time. Zia continued what Bhutto started.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When will this non sense end. Atif Mian's religion has nothing to do with his advisory role in a committee, consisting of 18 members.

" Don't wait. The time will never be just right "

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I even have reservations over Z.A.Bhutto and dont believe he was some kind of liberal leader as portrayed. he was the one who bowed down to extremist Mullahs and the seeds of religious extremism were sown in his time. Zia continued what Bhutto started.
    Agree. He set the precedent. Zia amplified it.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The drama queen couldn't help himself.

Orchestrate a controversy to get himself attention.... twit of the highest order.

Arif Mian should resign otherwise he will be more of a distraction now. Help out in an advisory role behind the scenes.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Those criticizing Jibran would wet their pants if they are confronted by a big mob of TLP on the streets on Karachi. It is easy to sit in Canada and elsewhere to bash Jibran. I dare them to come to Pakistan and do 1% of the things JN is doing.

He is probably the only man of principles in the whole of Pakistan. He refuses to be a silent spectators and silenced by extremists. We need at least 50,000 more JNs to fix this country.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeedhk View Post
    Those criticizing Jibran would wet their pants if they are confronted by a big mob of TLP on the streets on Karachi. It is easy to sit in Canada and elsewhere to bash Jibran. I dare them to come to Pakistan and do 1% of the things JN is doing.

He is probably the only man of principles in the whole of Pakistan. He refuses to be a silent spectators and silenced by extremists. We need at least 50,000 more JNs to fix this country.
    what exactly is Jibran Nasir doing asides from being a brat on Twitter and celebrating his 500 votes

He failed in his law career and started this topi drama. He tries to sell this image of being brave for speaking out lol but what does he have to even lose? Will he alientate his base of 500 supporters by giving controversial statements?

#MPGA

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeedhk View Post

In 2014 after APS attack, Jibran led activists stood outside Lal Masjid for 3 days and demanded C Nisar to have an FIR against Mulla Abdul Aziz (who said he wont condemn the APS attack) after which Fir was registered and then later he got a life threatening call (which is recorded and sent to the authorities) from Ehsan Ullah Ehsan the Taliban spokesperson at that time. Jibrans mother had to leave her home for 1 year and went to her maikaa. But he did all this to seek attention and get votes

I can list many more things but bhains k aagay been bajanay ka koi faida nai. I posted a video above too may be these brave non attention seeking people in this thread atleast can do that next time when a heat wave comes. I know i am doing nothing substantial for Pak but atleast wont criticize those who are doing something.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In 2014 after APS attack, Jibran led activists stood outside Lal Masjid for 3 days and demanded C Nisar to have an FIR against Mulla Abdul Aziz (who said he wont condemn the APS attack) after which Fir was registered and then later he got a life threatening call (which is recorded and sent to the authorities) from Ehsan Ullah Ehsan the Taliban spokesperson at that time. Jibrans mother had to leave her home for 1 year and went to her maikaa. But he did all this to seek attention and get votes

I can list many more things but bhains k aagay been bajanay ka koi faida nai. I posted a video above too may be these brave non attention seeking people in this thread atleast can do that next time when a heat wave comes. I know i am doing nothing substantial for Pak but atleast wont criticize those who are doing something.
    So true man. The irony of ‘the attention seeking’ comments are not lost me.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So true man. The irony of ‘the attention seeking’ comments are not lost me.

For non attention seekers this video is fake too

Btw my college was just close to Laal Masjid. The Mulla Abdul Aziz saab was scary. Brainwashing young kids of madrasa.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For non attention seekers this video is fake too

Btw my college was just close to Laal Masjid. The Mulla Abdul Aziz saab was scary. Brainwashing young kids of madrasa.
    “Taliban kay hami
    Sab kay sab ******”
    Just brilliant!

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    To be fair to Jibran, Atif's name was doing the rounds and this propaganda was already being spread that an Ahmadi has been selected. Some people probably don't know that Imran Khan had once praised Atif and there was severe backlash and propaganda was run by PMLN. Imran Khan even had to clarify his stance on khatm e nabuwat so Jibran is not responsible for anything here as this was known controversy.

Pleasantly surprised that Imran Khan still opted to include him in list of economists in his panel despite the controversy, i really hope he sticks to his decision.

As for PPP, let's not worry about it. Bilawal will wake up, deliver his monthly speech and keep his fans excited about a GREAT leader. He has done this for years, deliver a speech....disappear for month...issue a statement on random controversy...disappear for months and then get active in elections.

Shehla has acted like an idiot for a long time, let's see if Karachi ki beti (aunty) gets shut up call from GREAT leader.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    what exactly is Jibran Nasir doing asides from being a brat on Twitter and celebrating his 500 votes

He failed in his law career and started this topi drama. He tries to sell this image of being brave for speaking out lol but what does he have to even lose? Will he alientate his base of 500 supporters by giving controversial statements?
    Wow at your ignorance. Do some research or visit the other thread where I have outlined what this wonderful human being has done.

Easy to be a critic on the Internet.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Not to mention that the assasination of his comrade, Khurram Zaki, in Karachi by the LeJ/TTP has further lifted Jibran’s spirits and emboldened him to confront extremism in its all forms.

A wonderful human being. Those who are dissing him are probably even scared of coming to Pakistan while his guy goes around challenging rabid Mullahs right , left and center.

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It's not as if nobody knew before Jibran mentioned it. People were pointing it out as soon as the pics went up on social media.

The reaction from extremists was going to come and it has. Though for now they don't seem to be gaining any ground thankfully.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahdi View Post
    It's not as if nobody knew before Jibran mentioned it. People were pointing it out as soon as the pics went up on social media.

The reaction from extremists was going to come and it has. Though for now they don't seem to be gaining any ground thankfully.
    I think ppl are getting hyper sensitive about his tweet because of the upcoming presidential elections. I can understand that after criticising liberals for such a long time, they don’t want to come across as liberals. Plus, it gives more political gains to Fazlu and his cronies to come across as the sole defenders of Islam in Pakistan, so there’s that.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1647 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think ppl are getting hyper sensitive about his tweet because of the upcoming presidential elections. I can understand that after criticising liberals for such a long time, they don’t want to come across as liberals. Plus, it gives more political gains to Fazlu and his cronies to come across as the sole defenders of Islam in Pakistan, so there’s that.
    Drill the following through your mind:

Most people on this thread had no problem with Atif Mian's appointment and his religion had nothing to do with his meritorious selection. Most people have an issue with folks like Jibran Nasir who are highlighting his religion for their own personal gain when there was no need to.

Actually the people who are confused are the twitter supporters of JN who cannot bring themselves to accept that their hero and saviour messed up a straight forward situation and tried to make it about himself for political mileage.

Try and understand what I wrote, if you don't get it in the first try you should give it a couple more reads.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Great stuff by Imran. A very brave decision. But it needs to be understood that IMran will face backlash and lets see if he could stand against the tide or not.

No need to bash Jibran. He was crediting Imran. ANd people knew about Atif Mian being Ahmadi because of the dharna as the Atif Mian point received alot of coverage for which imran had to do a separate interview with some molvi.

Let me remind you guys, even back then when Imran mentioned his name, people found out that the guy was Ahmadi. It wasn't jibran telling people.

Anyways, Imran didn't even had to mention about Atif being added in the council publicly, but he did, and that takes guts, thus great job by Imran for publicly accepting him in the council.

Posters here are only bashing Jibran, because now the mullahs and the so called defenders of Islam are bashing Imran for this. And the PTI fans dont like criticism, thus they will bash Jibran.

As i've mentioned above, it wasn't jibran telling people around Atif was ahmadi back when Imran had mentioned his name in the Dharna days, people themselves found out and spread it all over.

Thing is, criticism was expected. And i hope PTI stands against it and doesn't give in.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Great stuff by Imran. A very brave decision. But it needs to be understood that IMran will face backlash and lets see if he could stand against the tide or not.

No need to bash Jibran. He was crediting Imran. ANd people knew about Atif Mian being Ahmadi because of the dharna as the Atif Mian point received alot of coverage for which imran had to do a separate interview with some molvi.

Let me remind you guys, even back then when Imran mentioned his name, people found out that the guy was Ahmadi. It wasn't jibran telling people.

Anyways, Imran didn't even had to mention about Atif being added in the council publicly, but he did, and that takes guts, thus great job by Imran for publicly accepting him in the council.

Posters here are only bashing Jibran, because now the mullahs and the so called defenders of Islam are bashing Imran for this. And the PTI fans dont like criticism, thus they will bash Jibran.

As i've mentioned above, it wasn't jibran telling people around Atif was ahmadi back when Imran had mentioned his name in the Dharna days, people themselves found out and spread it all over.

Thing is, criticism was expected. And i hope PTI stands against it and doesn't give in.
    I hope so too. It’s definitely a step in the right direction.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Jibran to be very honest comes across as an attention seeker, someone who likes to take credit for things

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decent post @Major except for the last bit, I think most PTI supporters love the fact fascist mullahs hate that Imran Khan has appointed Atif Mian. We'd take such criticism all day.

Also, unless you're reading between the lines, we're more worried about the effect and added pressure this will put on Atif than Imran Khan being under attack.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Jibran Nasir is so desperate for some buzz nowadays he’ll literaly do anything for it.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Jibran to be very honest comes across as an attention seeker, someone who likes to take credit for things
    He is just desperate to come across as this obama like figure or an alternative. He has done nothing to suggest any political value. His whole campaign is about pleasing the lot that blames every thing from dollars going expensive to McDonald’s removing the dollar menu on “mullahs”

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We’re getting sensitive because jibran Nasir is a total fraud and attention seeker. Reham khan is one of his biggest supporters what else do you need to know

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Excellent press conference by Fawad Chaudhry.

No place for fear and extremism in Pakistan!

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Atifs article on Dawn:

Fixing Pakistan’s financial woes
    https://www.dawn.com/news/1427514/fi...financial-woes

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lets start hating this guy too, how can he support an attention seeker.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Here's a video I found of Atif giving his insight on Pak economy. Very good insights. Let's hope for Pakistan's sake, the government can reform atleast the economic policy.

https://youtu.be/Xi7nM8xhr-Q

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So, the EAC has been reduced to 15 members. We lost few good minds.

One notable figure is Dr Asad Zaman.

" Don't wait. The time will never be just right "

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lets start hating this guy too, how can he support an attention seeker.

This was before he sold him out.