Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

England [246 & 271] beat India [273 & 184] by 60 runs to take an unassailable 3-1 series lead

Might see a result today. England effectively 233/8 in the third dig.

Can India pull it off? Discuss here.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Might see a result today. England effectively 233/8 in the third dig.

Can India pull it off? Discuss here.
    What India's recent 4th inning chasing history?

Looking the current batting form, looks very unlikely.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a feeling kohli and pandya might win us the game.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Kohli to win it to set up a decider!

#MPGA

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    Central Valley Area, CA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt India wins, especially if the lead gets to 300, which isn’t highly unlikely with 2 wickets to go and Curran still in play.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Indian local media are mostly expecting India to win! Not sure if they followed Indian test team closely away from home (At home anyways India won't get into this situation in the first place!) Probably this is to imbalance odds in the betting meter! It will be a remarkable effort if India chase this down, and probably they can feel more confident in coming matches/coming overseas tours!

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chasing 300 Kohli will need to score 180 of it

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know from where this figure of 300 is cropping up everywhere. England are effectively 233/8 and India could well end up chasing 240-250 and not 300.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by battler View Post
    I don't know from where this figure of 300 is cropping up everywhere. England are effectively 233/8 and India could well end up chasing 240-250 and not 300.
    Agree but even 240 will be difficult. The bowl is going up and down and England's bowlers apart from curran who are tall can exploit that . I would say right now it is 60-40 in Englands favor. Shami needs to get broad out ASAP

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkyawar View Post
    Agree but even 240 will be difficult. The bowl is going up and down and England's bowlers apart from curran who are tall can exploit that . I would say right now it is 60-40 in Englands favor. Shami needs to get broad out ASAP
    Do you think it will be worth a gamble to send Pandya up the order just to see if he can hit Moeen off his lenghts?

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rishabh Pant should be asked to open. He is not scoring runs at his usual position. Might as well give him hard new ball. Even 20-30 will be a bonus.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Whatever the target, Pujara expects 'a good show' from Indian batsmen

Cheteshwar Pujara conceded that India could have batted better in the first innings in Southampton but maintained that with the surface slowing down, the Indian batsmen have a good chance of chasing whatever total they are set.

India had begun day three of the fourth Test against England at Southampton with a slender first-innings lead but ended it trailing England by 233 runs, with two wickets still to get. With 260/8 in the second innings, the hosts have regained their feet after what was a long day for the Indians, but not necessarily a tough one, according to their first-innings centurion, Cheteshwar Pujara.

"I don't think it was a tough day for us," Pujara said. "Looking at the pitch, it has slowed down a bit. Looks like it's slightly easier to bat and maybe we have got a lot of experience playing in such conditions back home, [something] our batsmen would have realised."

England were helped by a fine half-century by Jos Buttler (69) and valuable contributions from captain Joe Root (48) and Sam Curran, who built on his half-century in the first innings with an unbeaten 37 on Saturday, ensuring that the visitors, who are 2-1 down the series, will be chasing at least around 250 when they bat last.

"We started off well in the first innings but we lost too many wickets in the middle phase. If we had batted well, we would have got 100 or 150-run lead, but that is something in the past," Pujara said of India's first-innings effort, where they had slipped from 161/3 to 195/8 before Pujara led a rearguard with Ishant Sharma and Jasprit Bumrah, with the last two wickets adding a valuable 78 runs.

"But all the batsmen have realised what they need to do and I think we will put up a good show in the second innings and bowl them out early tomorrow."

This Test is also the first occasion when any Indian batsmen other than Virat Kohli scored a century in the series as Pujara went one up on his half-century at Trent Bridge, where he was dismissed on 72 in the second innings, to score an unbeaten 132. The 30-year-old credited his runs in the last Test match for this innings.

"The most important thing was to score some runs in the last Test match," Pujara said. "I had been batting well throughout the season, although I didn't get too many runs in county cricket, but I was playing on some challenging wickets and sometimes, even if everything is correct, you do get out.

"So I just accepted that fact and kept working on my game. I don't think there was anything wrong with my technique or with my game. I just trusted it and it eventually paid [off] in the last Test match and once I got fifty, I knew I was up for a big one."

While Pujara batted for almost the whole of day two, his teammate Ravichandran Ashwin bowled 35 overs on day three, but could manage only a solitary wicket of Ben Stokes. The Indian off-spinner consistently beat the outside edge of both right and left-handed batsmen, extracting turn out of the rough created by the fast bowlers' foot marks, but could not translate those opportunities into wickets.

But Pujara didn't believe Ashwin had an off day. "I don't think he (Ashwin) had a bad day. He didn't get too many wickets but he still kept on bowling in the right areas," Pujara said.

"Sometimes as a bowler you do have such days when you're bowling well but you might not end up picking too many wickets. So someone like him ... I think he is a clever bowler and he has done really well for us throughout the domestic season and even overseas, so I don't think he has bowled badly at all.

"The pitch has slowed down a lot and that might be the reason some of his balls didn't go through as much as he might have wanted."

India are set to chase a moderately steep target on a surface that although has been touted as the best of the series by both captains, but hasn't been easy to score on. Does Pujara think India have the game to score that many on the last two days?

"Looking at this pitch, I think it always slows down a bit, but we have played on such wickets in India that tend to slow down as the game progresses," he said. "And even the bounce is low, so most of our batters are used to such bounce and that could be in our favour in the second innings."

As India begin their pursuit of chasing whatever England set them, they should be vary of Moeen Ali, who picked up a five-wicket haul in the first innings and was the wrecker-in-chief for the visitors, as they lost five wickets for 30-odd runs in 14.1 overs.

"I think when he bowled in the first innings, the wicket was a little quicker and some of our batters could have batted a bit better," he said. "But he (Moeen) is a good bowler – I am not trying to take any credit away from the way he bowled. But we still should have batted better against him and in the second innings batters will have a better game plan against Moeen."

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/842715

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    We have shown great character to fight back: Stuart Broad

England fast bowler Stuart Broad is proud of the way his team has performed in the fourth Test against India at Southampton, highlighting that it’s their fighting spirit which has kept them alive in the game. From 122/5, England were revived by Ben Stokes (30), Jos Buttler (69) and Sam Curran (37*) to end day three at Southampton on 260/8 – a lead of 233.

Writing for the Daily Mail, Broad lauded Moeen Ali and Sam Curran’s contributions, along with the others, as England wrested back advantage over India.

“What I’ve really enjoyed about this game is the character we’ve shown to keep fighting back. We were 86 for six on the first day before Sam Curran batted brilliantly for 78. Then India were 140-odd for two on Friday before Moeen Ali got to work with his off-spin,” Broad said.

“Even on Saturday, we were in a spot of bother until Ben Stokes and Jos Buttler knuckled down. Stokes’ 30 felt more like 60 and Jos’s 69 was more like a hundred. We may not be making the totals we’d like but we’re finding a way of putting pressure on India.”

Broad was particularly impressed with of 20-year-old Curran, whose all-round exploits have become the talk of the Test series. In the first Test at Edgbaston, Curran dented India with the ball picking up 4/74 in India’s first innings. After missing the third Test at Lord’s, Curran was drafted back into the England side and dug England put of trouble with a counter-attacking 78 in the first innings. In the second inning, Curran is unbeaten on 37.

As for Sam, what you’d say about him. That’s what international cricket is about. Sometimes you look for character over skill. He keeps scoring important runs and he’s also chipped in with the wicket of Virat Kohli.

We also keep talking about the importance of 50 partnerships down the order and I managed to put on some runs with Sam in our first innings. If you’re all out for 120, the game’s gone. But if you can scrape 240, as we did, then you’re in with a chance. It’s up to us now to seal the series. It’s going to be a fascinating day.

Broad was no short of praises for his long-time team-mate Ali, who has been phenomenal for England in this Test. From scoring a dogged 40 in the first innings to picking up a five-wicket haul, Ali couldn’t have hoped for a better performance in his comeback Test. With the surface beginning to turn, he is expected to repeat his first-innings performance as England aim at sealing the series.

“It’s been great to see Mo and Sam do so well. Mo’s come off a six-for and a double-hundred for Worcester which is always a good place to be. I think he’s at his best when he’s controlling his spell — how he wants to bowl, how to set his field,” Broad said.

“If you’re a fan of cricket, get down to the Ageas Bowl on Sunday because it could be a cracker. We’ll need 10 wickets and India will face a tough run chase. Whoever ends up winning, this game has summed up the best of Test cricket. Every ball counts.”

https://www.cricketcountry.com/news/...t-broad-741453

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    863 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Poms would be looking to add another 30 - 40 runs here. India would be happy to keep the target to 240

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If:

1. Poms set a target around 250
    2. Kohli gets close to a hundred
    3. Two others from the top 7 get half-centuries each

Then India can win this.

But a lot of "ifs" involved...

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Out first ball!

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    told you. shami would runt through broad

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy, Sam Curran, should be awarded a highly impressive IPL contract, so that he doesn't score against India next time.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shami remains an enigma to me...on his day, picks up 3-4 wkts in no time and then there are times when he keeps giving dollies on leg stump

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    481 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ashwin needs to be kicked out.Enough excuses

The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drop Ashwin instead of shami for next match.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it Sam Curran or Don Bradman? There must be some way to get him out lol

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    266 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ashwin has been a disaapointment. More so when a nobody like Moeen Ali is running through his team at the other end. Indian batsmen have made Ashwin look worse with their failures. Mar jao dubb k khhotteyo.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get bumrah in already

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by battler View Post
    Is it Sam Curran or Don Bradman? There must be some way to get him out lol
    He is next Steve Smith

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Target for India: 245

Can they do it?

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Stupid way to lose that wicket . Why need to suicide, Anderson forced him to take the run

Debut
    May 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India's match to lose

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If England go on to lose, it will be partially because of the way they have run between wickets. Root was suicidal and Curran just was desperate. I am sure Anderson is more than equipped to face ashwin . Very poor froom England

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Hard to call.

If Moeen and Rashid handle the pressure England should win.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    245 very much chaseable
    Rashid and Moeen have to step up

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Credit to Ishant for that runout.

That was a fantastic throw! Direct and flat, right on top of the stumps.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    Bangalore,India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India will be allout for 150..no way we are chasing this..naysayers book mark my post

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Fortress Europe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India can do it but only if Virat Kohli and anyone one from among KL Rahul, Pujara or Rahane come good.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket.mad View Post
    India will be allout for 150..no way we are chasing this..naysayers book mark my post
    No sane person would disagree with ur post. Without kohli, Indian batting is on par with Bangladesh outside Asia.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If only India has Younis Khan

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    535 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    hoping to seee India lose today

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This match reminds me of the Pakistan v England test match at Lord's in 2016.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is more pleasing watching Broad bowl than Dukerson.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rahul lol

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Backing India to win by 3-4 wickets.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KL Rahul is a disaster

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indian openers keep getting 20+.

Chasing 240 where a 20 would be invaluable. Get out early.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    535 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    yaye 1st gone. 9 more to go.

please finish this quick ENgland

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Backing India to win by 3-4 wickets.
    Course you are, think it should be 4-0 to India by your predictions so far.

Debut
    May 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rahul has been a passenger whole series. Time to chop and look for alternatives. Enough with talent

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    Watford, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s very difficult to chase 245 on this wicket - I said this yesterday and that wicket of Rahul just proved my point.

Kohli needs to score big - even then he needs to play out of his skin and others help him if India have any chance.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rahul must be the most overrated batsman in the world right now. This guy has worse technique than most tailenders. Just Got cleaned bowled for a duck when his team is chasing 240+ on a fourth day wicket.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    535 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InziRules View Post
    why are you getting annoyed?

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    why are you getting annoyed?
    Not annoyed, just find it laughable

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rahul played in all the tests in this series and hasn't impressed anyone even in 1 inning.
    Last edited by Bhaag Viru Bhaag; 2nd September 2018 at 10:47.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RainMan_ View Post
    Rahul must be the most overrated batsman in the world right now. This guy has worse technique than most tailenders. Just Got cleaned bowled for a duck when his team is chasing 240+ on a fourth day wicket.
    I read on this forum that he might be better than Kohli. Analysis such as this makes me think every Indian fan on this forum is just here to troll.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagestani_Eagle View Post
    Rahul has been a passenger whole series. Time to chop and look for alternatives. Enough with talent
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    KL Rahul is a disaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Boi View Post
    Rahul lol
    Unfair to blame Rahul for this dismissal.

The ball went under his bat. Kept very very low.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_outsider View Post

Unfair to blame Rahul for the previous seven dismissals aswell?

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still can't drop Rahul as he is the best slip catcher in the team

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Gurgaon
    Runs
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Who would have thought that Dhawan would be the best opener from both teams in this series.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InziRules View Post
    I actually predicted 2-1 to England before the series.

I was expecting a couple of late summer flat pitches that would have yielded a couple of draws, but the pitches have had more bite than usual at this stage of the English summer, and batsmen on both sides have lacked discipline.

Could be 3-2 to any side, but if India go down 3-1 today, England might flatten them in the fifth Test.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Gurgaon
    Runs
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I read on this forum that he might be better than Kohli. Analysis such as this makes me think every Indian fan on this forum is just here to troll.
    I hope you see the irony when you accuse someone else of trolling.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Broad is phenomenal. He can run through sides even without Anderson.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfair to blame Rahul for the previous seven dismissals aswell?
    All of the previous 7? Yes, unfair.

But I admit 3 out of those last 7 came from very bad shots - like Edgbaston test.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Gurgaon
    Runs
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I have read that these set of Duke balls are darker and do a bit more than the previously used balls.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah. As if he was setting the world on fire in the previous innings. He should get one last chance in the next test and should be thrown out for an year atleast if he fails again. His fans won't even have that excuse of him not getting enough chances now.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't pay attention to those stupid comments. Barring kohli, not a single batsman in currently Indian lineup has the ability to play quality fast or spin bowling.

L

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rahul is going through a mental blockage where he has no idea which bowl will come in and which will go away from him. In the way, one stays low and takes his wicket.

He must be feeling like when will this tour end. He needs to start from scratch for the next tours.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LastManstanding View Post
    I hope you see the irony when you accuse someone else of trolling.
    I’m not here making outlandish statements. If someone calls you out for your rubbish, its not trolling. “India as good as Australia of 2000s/West Indies of 70s”, “Kohli not even the most popular member of the team” etc. Not everyone here will suck up to such rubbish like @Mamoon, sorry.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indian batsmen really need to be careful with the in-dipper. That's the killer ball!

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pujara is the key here

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Those fans said he had a great IPL this year so he is the next big thing in cricket.
    Rahul scores only in the dream of his delusional fans.

Guy is worse than mast tailenders of England and Australia team. Even adil Rashid has better defense than him.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Going to be a difficult chase for India. Need Pujara to grind and need a big innings from Kohli.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    I’m not here making outlandish statements. If someone calls you out for your rubbish, its not trolling. “India as good as Australia of 2000s/West Indies of 70s”, “Kohli not even the most popular member of the team” etc. Not everyone here will suck up to such rubbish like @Mamoon, sorry.
    F_C was obviously on a windup with this whole Rahul > Kohli narrative. If you react to windups, it is your problem.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Yeah. As if he was setting the world on fire in the previous innings. He should get one last chance in the next test and should be thrown out for an year atleast if he fails again. His fans won't even have that excuse of him not getting enough chances now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Rahul is going through a mental blockage where he has no idea which bowl will come in and which will go away from him. In the way, one stays low and takes his wicket.

He must be feeling like when will this tour end. He needs to start from scratch for the next tours.
    Everyone on this forum has been way too hard on the openers.

Vijay and Jennings have been poor, agreed.

But the others have done well in my opinion. These have been incredibly difficult conditions to bat in for both teams. I have seen every Indian to England since '96 and this has been the most bowler friendly series out of all of them.

Sometimes one just has to give credit to the bolwers. Both teams have extremely good fast bowlers and they have made the most of the conditions and reaped rewards.

KL Rahul has underperformed by his potential. For sure. But given the conditions and that this is his first tour to England he hasn't done that bad that he deserves to be kicked out.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    F_C was obviously on a windup with this whole Rahul > Kohli narrative. If you react to windups, it is your problem.
    Who was he winding up?

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Going to be a difficult chase for India. Need Pujara to grind and need a big innings from Kohli.
    The HTB is going to fail.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India needs to take the attack to England. If they sit back, they will lose badly.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Who was he winding up?
    Everyone. He is a quality poster but he likes to play games and people often fall for it. He doesn’t mean half of the stuff he says.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    The HTB is going to fail.
    Looks like he's gone lol.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KL Rahul is the Umar Akmal of Indian cricket. Just not good enough right now.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guy just got clean bowled for a duck. Scored 20 or something in the first innings and averaging only 14 in the ongoing test series. This guy is the epitome of mediocrity.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pujara gone. Can't see India chasing this

Debut
    Jan 2018