Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

'Pakhtun ID cards not blocked due to nationality or prejudice,' clarifies Nadra chief

A day after Pakhtuns held protests in Lahore demanding issuance of computerised national identity cards (CNICs), National Database and Registration Authority (Nadra) Chairman Usman Mobin said on Sunday that the ID cards of Afghan citizens had not been blocked because of their nationality or any prejudice.

The protesters, originally Afghans who have now been living in Lahore for years, held a demonstration outside Prime Minister Imran Khan's Zaman Park residence on Saturday, saying that the PML-N government had cancelled their ID cards due to which they were facing various problems, including those regarding enrolment of their children in schools.

They demanded that the prime minister intervene in the matter. PM Khan had directed the Nadra chairman to meet the protesters and resolve their issues.

Mobin today claimed that there were three main reasons behind the blocking of ID cards. He said that Afghan nationals were falsely declared as family members of those settled in Pakistan in exchange for money, so that they could be issued ID cards. However, when property disputes arose it would surface that they are, in fact, not related, so such ID cards would then be blocked.

A second reason he provided was that some refugee families who accepted money in exchange for 'voluntary' repatriation to Afghanistan would then return to Pakistan and get ID cards made again.

Thirdly, he claimed, was that some citizens retained Afghan passports while holding Pakistani ID cards, which is why they would then get blocked.

Mobin added that this issue had been ongoing for about 40 years now and "would not be resolved in a day". The Interior Ministry was forwarded some recommendations on the matter.

Nadra officials said earlier that they would only issue CNICs after completing all legal formalities.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1430539/pa...es-nadra-chief

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1721 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Seems that there are some controversies for the sake of it!

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Discrimination against Pakhtuns continues. Very sad to see.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loralai View Post
    Seems more like tens of thousands of afghans have illegally obtained id cards.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loralai View Post
    You are mixing tons of illegal afghans who got illegal ID cards, with Pakistani pakhtuns, sad to see

140 characters from Lala's keyboard, it’s as if he’s launched 140 nuclear missiles on India.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Quetta, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    338 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermoine Green View Post
    You are mixing tons of illegal afghans who got illegal ID cards, with Pakistani pakhtuns, sad to see
    You dont know reality bro. I know people who are pure pakistani mean they dont have a single relative in afghanistan. They said our elders were uneducated they never made their ID cards . Now we dont have any documents to show that we are Pakistani. I am not talking about a single case. I know more then 10 poeple who have almost same problem .

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Naim View Post
    You dont know reality bro. I know people who are pure pakistani mean they dont have a single relative in afghanistan. They said our elders were uneducated they never made their ID cards . Now we dont have any documents to show that we are Pakistani. I am not talking about a single case. I know more then 10 poeple who have almost same problem .
    There is a seperate problem from what i was referring to you. And yeah, i agree with it.

But whose fault? Obviously it's our / elders fault.

140 characters from Lala's keyboard, it’s as if he’s launched 140 nuclear missiles on India.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Quetta, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    338 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermoine Green View Post
    There is a seperate problem from what i was referring to you. And yeah, i agree with it.

But whose fault? Obviously it's our / elders fault.
    Yep it is their fault but now their should be any law for these people. They are pakistani .
    On the other hand thousands of afghanis made their ID cards and you know how ......

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thing needs to be sorted. They should be given the opportunity to become naturalised, and it should be fast tracked.

If they choose not to, then they know which way the border is.