Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TV commentators for the Australia vs India series

High profile Commentators have been finalized for Upcoming Indiaís Tour of Australia.
    Channel 9 lost the broadcasting rights after 40 years. Therefore Mark Taylor, michael Clarke, Bill Lawry and Mark Nicholas have not been hired by either 7 network or Fox.

Notable Commentators for Channel 7 are:

Ricky Ponting
    Glenn McGrath
    Damien Fleming
    Simon Katich
    Michael Slater
    Jason Gillespie
    Brad Hodge
    Greg Blewett
    Tim Lame and Alison Mitchell

Fox Commentary team is slightly more high profile and is composed of :

Shane Warne
    Brandon Julian
    Mike Hussey
    Ian Heally
    Adam Gilchrist
    Allan Border
    Mark Waugh
    Isa Guha
    Michael Vaughan ( ex England skipper)

Michael Clarke will work as commentator with Indian Sony sports network.

For the first time in this century Mark Taylor, Mark Nicholas, Bill Lawry will not be heard in commentary box.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Where’s the Indian Tom Friedman aka Harsha ‘this is the child inside sachin’ Bhogle

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    Where’s the Indian Tom Friedman aka Harsha ‘this is the child inside sachin’ Bhogle
    He is part of Sony TV network. Sonyís commentators are for Indian Viewers of this upcoming series.

Sunil Gavaskar, Michael Clarke, Harbhajan Singh, Ashish Nehra, Robin Uthappa, Gautam Gambhir, Mark Butcher, Nick Knight, Dominic Cork, Murali Kartik, Sanjay Manjrekar, Mohammad Kaif, Harsha Bhogle, Gaurav Kapur, Deep Dasgupta and Vivek Razdan.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarwar89 View Post
    He is part of Sony TV network. Sony’s commentators are for Indian Viewers of this upcoming series.

Sunil Gavaskar, Michael Clarke, Harbhajan Singh, Ashish Nehra, Robin Uthappa, Gautam Gambhir, Mark Butcher, Nick Knight, Dominic Cork, Murali Kartik, Sanjay Manjrekar, Mohammad Kaif, Harsha Bhogle, Gaurav Kapur, Deep Dasgupta and Vivek Razdan.
    That’s a solid line up. They tend to have Zaheer Khan in studio sometimes.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think they're missing Harbhajan

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only one from 9 that I'll miss is Chappelli. The world feed will be the Fox coverage, which is a pity as I can't stand the likes of Warne, Julian, Vaughan, Hussey and Border. Out of Sony and Fox, I'd prefer listening to the Sony team.

Punter's easily the best commentator in Australia. Maybe there will be a 7 stream lurking somewhere on the interwebs.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Monetarist View Post
    The only one from 9 that I'll miss is Chappelli. The world feed will be the Fox coverage, which is a pity as I can't stand the likes of Warne, Julian, Vaughan, Hussey and Border. Out of Sony and Fox, I'd prefer listening to the Sony team.

Punter's easily the best commentator in Australia. Maybe there will be a 7 stream lurking somewhere on the interwebs.
    Chappell likes to moan basically like Bob Willis. And Ponting sounds like he is a covering a horse race in 30’s on radio.
    But.... different strokes for different folks

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chappell likes to moan basically like Bob Willis. And Ponting sounds like he is a covering a horse race in 30’s on radio.
    Mark Taylor will be missed for sure.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Mark Taylor will be missed for sure.
    Yup. My favorite from the whole lot

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is part of Sony TV network. Sony’s commentators are for Indian Viewers of this upcoming series.

Need to mute the channel
    R.uthappa
    G.gambhir
    Md.kaif
    Gaurav kappor
    Seriously they are the commentators are cheerleaders may be i forgot biggest commentar akash chopra
    Khud toh kuch kar nahi paya bahut lambi phekta hai
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 1st December 2018 at 13:11.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is part of Sony TV network. Sonyís commentators are for Indian Viewers of this upcoming series.

Lol why so many Brit commentators and only 1 Aussie? I thought we are playing against Australia.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    Lol why so many Brit commentators and only 1 Aussie? I thought we are playing against Australia.
    Perhaps British Accent is more familiar in Sub continent.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, Chappell likes to moan, but I don't mind as I grew up listening to him so I can clutter out the noise and usually what he is moaning about makes sense (unless it's a tangent about the South African teams of the 60s or the England teams of the 70s).

Ponting is the most insightful Australian commentator out there, I always feel I've learned something about the game when I listen to him. He's just as good as Nasser or Atherton on Sky.

I don't care much for the modern breed of commentator that likes to point out the bleeding obvious. So yes, different strokes.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Jeddah, Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    None of them match Sky's team in my opinion.

Nasser, Atherton, Gower, Lloyd, Holding and Ian Ward

Anyways, I'd rather listen to Fox's team mainly because of Warne, Guha, Vaughn and Gilchrist.

Mark Taylor will be missed tho.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That looks like a bad lineup unless the foriegners turn out to be good. Harbhajan, gupta and razdan are very poor comms. Kartik, manjrekar from what i heard of him even uthappa are grating, Also why on earth would you have that joker Gaurav Kapoor, this isn't a pyjama party.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Will miss hearing Nicholas. Unfortunately due to the timing and not having the channel I will only be watching the series via highlights for most of the series.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Terrible line up lol.

Aussie commies are cringe. At least with Lawry, Taylor and Chappel you had some familiar voices and being older they had some good insight into the past.

You should have the option of muting commentary but being able to listen to the ground noises. You dont need commentary to watch cricket.

We are so lucky to have Nasser, Atherton and Bumble in the UK but BT sport have Aus home series rights so will have to listen to the Australian and Indian dross.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Will watch it on mute. Sony's coverage of the T20s was terrible, nkt expecting thr Tests to be any better either.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have only seen the coverage on Fox so far, as 7 aren't allowed to broadcast digitally. It's been just as bad as Channel 9 with all the blokey mateship nonsense between Warney, Vaughany, Huss, Gilly, Howie, Junior, and Skull. They were thinking of ideas to give Harsha Bhogle a nickname the other day.

Reading online on some Aussie forums and print media with respect to 7's coverage, people aren't happy with McGrath and Slater for talking nonsense as well. However, Ponting, Tim Lane, Jason Gillespie and Alison Mitchell are getting good reviews. Shame they are not providing the world feed.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    I think they're missing Harbhajan
    Haha. On a par with Rambo.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watching the game of CH 7 so far so good, good commentators, Fleming and Chopra have some good chemistry.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The dulcet tones of Isa Guha soothes me.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brendan Julian is so biased.Listening to him is a torture. Not far off from Healy.
    These two are not supposed to be commentators.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Haha. On a par with Rambo.
    Rambo is a much better commentator than Bhajji.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaankeJi View Post
    Brendan Julian is so biased.Listening to him is a torture. Not far off from Healy.
    These two are not supposed to be commentators.
    Agree with this, Julian is unbearable. As are most of the other commentators on Fox apart from Bhogle and Guha.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If people find faults with players as well as commentators then they miss a good deal out of the telecast. I am getting the Hindi telecast of this series- one with the likes of Gavaskar, Harbhajan, Deep Dasgupta, Nehra etc. I have no complaints. Each one of them have some solid insight over the intricacies of the game as well as in other non cricketing matters. I look at the glass as half full, not as half empty.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know about Fox or 7 but this Sony commentary team is ultra crap. Michael Clarke sounds so biased towards Australia and the likes of deep Das Gupta and Murali Kartik are a treat for ears . Seems no one can reach the level of Nasser , Athers, Gower and Holding at sky .

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalin View Post
    Don't know about Fox or 7 but this Sony commentary team is ultra crap. Michael Clarke sounds so biased towards Australia and the likes of deep Das Gupta and Murali Kartik are a treat for ears . Seems no one can reach the level of Nasser , Athers, Gower and Holding at sky .
    Canít get worse than Shane Warne and Isha Guha on Fox.

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure why Sony canít take feed from fox directly rather that having its own sets of graphics and commentators. Agree . Sky cricket graphics and commentary is miles ahead .

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    What is wrong with Warne? He was predicting wickets correctly.
    I am ok with Guha too.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidilicious View Post
    Rambo is a much better commentator than Bhajji.
    Peas in a pod.

Dream team will be on air one day.

Debut
    Sep 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Isha Guha is probably the best commentator out there.

Debut
    Jun 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can’t get worse than Shane Warne and Isha Guha on Fox.
    lol if you are calling Warne and Guha worse then you haven't seen real bad commenting buddy

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree- Shane Warne is utterly too biased & frankly, nonsensical. And Isa Guha is a yes-woman - agrees with everyone without any opinion of her own.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have finally given up on the Fox coverage and switched to Sony for this test. More obnoxious than 9 if that was imaginable. I'd rather listen to the Indian perspective than boorish Australian "banter" between Howie and Junior.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kerry O’Keefe is pretty funny lol.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    murali kartik does not give a chance to anyone.
    very poor.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love a Commentary lineup like the following - Neutral and Local balanced (This is for Ind vs Aus Series)

R Dravid
    S Ganguly
    P Symcox
    C McMillan
    A Gilchrist
    M Taylor
    K Pieterson
    I Bishop
    A Sohail
    I Guha
    D Symmonds

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, from this series, I liked Mark Waugh, Slater, Hussey, Gilchrist and Cork.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 30th December 2018 at 14:39.