Oct 2015
    Venue
    Dubai.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Haider Ali stars as Pakistan U-16s clinch series against the hosts Australia

Boral, Australia: Pakistan U-16s clinched a series win against the hosts Australia after winning the 2nd ODI. Batting first, Pakistan managed to score 229 runs at the back of Haider Ali's 119 runs off 147 balls. Mohsin Raza was the other prominent scorer with 28 runs. For Australia, Gerard Freeman captured 3 wickets while Zack Evans and Will Sutherland accounted for 2 wickets each. In reply, Aziz Abdullah was brilliant with the ball and claimed both the openers in the 6th over. Jason Singha tried to resurrect for Australia but was finally out after scoring 86 runs. Aziz Abdullah was the pick of the bowlers with figures of 34/5 while spinner Syed Jaleel took 3 wickets for 23 runs. The third and the final One day on Wednesday will now be a dead rubber.

Opener Haider Ali had previously made himself noticed after scoring a 214-ball 249 for Karachi against Hyderabad in a two day PCB-Pepsi Cricket star U16 Tournament match. Haider's innings was laced with 28 fours and 11 sixes.

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 3168
Size:  18.2 KB

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am afraid he is overage and thats the only reason he would have performed their. This is not the first time we have seen this. If he was a bowler and bowling at an exceptionally high pace, he still had hope. But a batter, Sorry!

Regards

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Good stuff, I was getting a bit worried about the upcoming talent after the drubbing the PAK U-19's got from SL U-19's
    @TalentSpotterPk do you know more about Haider Ali ? Apparently he scored a 249 in some Pepsi U-16 Tournament as well so he looks like one for the future.

Hopefully he will be included in the U-19 World Cup squad. Could form a good opening partnership with Zeeshan Malik who is rated highly by posters who've seen him play.

Aziz Abdullah got a 5-fer as well and Id have him in the U-19 squad too.

You are not a drop in the ocean - You are the entire ocean in a drop
    - Rumi

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahson8 View Post
    Good stuff, I was getting a bit worried about the upcoming talent after the drubbing the PAK U-19's got from SL U-19's
    @TalentSpotterPk do you know more about Haider Ali ? Apparently he scored a 249 in some Pepsi U-16 Tournament as well so he looks like one for the future.

Hopefully he will be included in the U-19 World Cup squad. Could form a good opening partnership with Zeeshan Malik who is rated highly by posters who've seen him play.

Aziz Abdullah got a 5-fer as well and Id have him in the U-19 squad too.
    It's good to see but as @pacesensation said I agree with him wrt our batsman. Since this boy is of under 16 level it won't be easy for him competing with under 19 boys. But if basic ali and ali Naqvi fee he is better than other openers we have than he should pair with zeeshan malik. Hope sajawal Riaz isn't there . I find him very poor batsman sorry to say.

Havent seen haider and Aziz bat and ball and both are new names for @TalentSpotterPk :-)

Atleast we have again proved that in under 16 under 19 levels we are giants in world cricket and our talent is above talents of other countries. Australia are world champions and we have beaten them in their own conditions. It identifies our system to be faulty.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good stuff.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Another boy batsman burst onto the scene from out of nowhere, about 20 something years ago.

Is this the second coming?

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pacesensation View Post
    I am afraid he is overage and thats the only reason he would have performed their. This is not the first time we have seen this. If he was a bowler and bowling at an exceptionally high pace, he still had hope. But a batter, Sorry!

Regards

Wow, you can judge that by reading this report, amazing; what next, chicken came first or the egg?

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Good news.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Also good to see that our U16 team is on Australia.

Good job, PCB credit needs to be given where it's due!

Pakistan Zindabad!

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Yonge-Dundas
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1063 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good to see some new young talent rising.

Will be looking forward to him in the next under nineteen World Cup if he makes it.

You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan, designed and directed by his red right hand.

11. 10
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsee View Post
    Wow, you can judge that by reading this report, amazing; what next, chicken came first or the egg?
    taking into account the history of our top performing batters in domestic cricket, I said this. We have not produced a world class batsman after Muhammad Yousuf (1998 debut). Not to mention that our under 16 players are mostly overage. Therefore it can be a factor that he being a 19 year old(as at this age, 3 year gap can make a lot of difference) can highly contribute to his performance.

However if he was a fast bowler and he was clocking 140k at under16 hen he still had hope as someone clocking 140ks has a chance to be a 150k bowler.

Regards

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2042 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Good stuff kiddo.

Eat, Sleep, Back The Team....Repeat!

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no way that guy is under 16
    looks about 25-27

no wonder we are lions at u19 and u16 level, but these same players fail the grade later on whilst Australians, English and Indians south Africans make the cut at international level

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    taking into account the history of our top performing batters in domestic cricket, I said this. We have not produced a world class batsman after Muhammad Yousuf (1998 debut). Not to mention that our under 16 players are mostly overage. Therefore it can be a factor that he being a 19 year old(as at this age, 3 year gap can make a lot of difference) can highly contribute to his performance.

However if he was a fast bowler and he was clocking 140k at under16 hen he still had hope as someone clocking 140ks has a chance to be a 150k bowler.

Regards

You keep providing the same argument...yet don't realise the folly of it!

You don't know the guy, PCB has had wrist tests implemented since 8-10 years ago, and all your arguments (based on a few past examples) are not valid unless and until we find out that this kid did lie about his age.

If a land has produced Hanif, Zaheer, Majid, Miandad, Inzi, Yousaf, YK, Misbah etc. it can always produce some more as well or is there a rule you know of which bars Pakistan from having one again?

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I remember the U15 Wc and i always thought that many of the guys were not 15, more like 17 or 18. I hope that is not the case this time.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsee View Post
    You keep providing the same argument...yet don't realise the folly of it!

You don't know the guy, PCB has had wrist tests implemented since 8-10 years ago, and all your arguments (based on a few past examples) are not valid unless and until we find out that this kid did lie about his age.

If a land has produced Hanif, Zaheer, Majid, Miandad, Inzi, Yousaf, YK, Misbah etc. it can always produce some more as well or is there a rule you know of which bars Pakistan from having one again?
    Hmm, I would hope but mentally I would be prepared for him becoming a failure.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, I would hope but mentally I would be prepared for him becoming a failure.

Why, will it cost you to wait and see how he develops?

What is the hurry in developing the false expectation until it actually happens?

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jason sangha who recently scored centuary against pakistan was also in this series and made runs got into U-19 team why not this guy

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    same question why isn't he in U-19 squad @TalentSpotterPk

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b.lesner View Post
    same question why isn't he in U-19 squad @TalentSpotterPk

No idea. Either lack of merit in selection or tough competition or he is overage.

How did he fare in last Domestic U-19 season ?

Please post his numbers.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

22. 10
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    No idea. Either lack of merit in selection or tough competition or he is overage.

How did he fare in last Domestic U-19 season ?

Please post his numbers.
    He did ok in the tournament, a lot of other guys did better, it was his first season in under 19 so hopefully he does better next time

Some guys like Shaheen Shah and Mohammed Hasnain were picked based on their performance against Australia, (Special Talents?)

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anis10 View Post
    He did ok in the tournament, a lot of other guys did better, it was his first season in under 19 so hopefully he does better next time

Some guys like Shaheen Shah and Mohammed Hasnain were picked based on their performance against Australia, (Special Talents?)
    I won't call Shaheen a special talent though he may develop into one few years down the line.
    Haven't seen Hasnain yet.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    I won't call Shaheen a special talent though he may develop into one few years down the line.
    Haven't seen Hasnain yet.
    Bhai where is haider ali i have been searching if he is selected

He had scored nearly 1000+ runs before U-19 WC 2018 and wasn't selected, is he disheartened???

I have seen in a video he does waiter work also because he lives in 2 room house very hble background guy

Not to confuse with rawalpindi u-19 haider ali who was selected for pakistan u-91 against srilanka