Instagram

SportsFever360

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 274
  1. #1
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,522
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Will India give a reality check to Pakistan at the Asia Cup?

    Pakistan have improved leaps and bounds in LOIs. Whereas, India is struggling due to selection problems. Thanks to Shastri, Kohli and selectors.

    But, I still feel that Pakistan would be given a reality check by the Indian team at the Asia cup, just like the NZ team gave a reality check after they thrashed SL in UAE.


    There will be 2 to 3 matches with Pakistan. We also have to avenge our CT loss.

    I think Fakhar and Amir would be their leaders, and Kohli and Bumrah from our side.
    Imam will be their match Loser, and we have Dhoni.


  2. #2
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    10,348
    Mentioned
    775 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    Pakistan have improved leaps and bounds in LOIs. Whereas, India is struggling due to selection problems. Thanks to Shastri, Kohli and selectors.

    But, I still feel that Pakistan would be given a reality check by the Indian team at the Asia cup, just like the NZ team gave a reality check after they thrashed SL in UAE.


    There will be 2 to 3 matches with Pakistan. We also have to avenge our CT loss.

    I think Fakhar and Amir would be their leaders, and Kohli and Bumrah from our side.
    Imam will be their match Loser, and we have Dhoni.

    I actually genuinely want these boys to play India, not because I think they're some GOATs who'll smash the parosies (could happen) but more than that I want to genuinely see on where these new lot stands in a high profile pressure cooker game against a good side.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    11,630
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No they won't

  4. #4
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    21,769
    Mentioned
    291 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Any reality checks which tell the team where it stands should be welcomed. So looking forward to the Asia cup clashes.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    5,417
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    A reality check like the one that was delivered June 18th 2017?

  6. #6
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    9,730
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92 View Post
    I actually genuinely want these boys to play India, not because I think they're some GOATs who'll smash the parosies (could happen) but more than that I want to genuinely see on where these new lot stands in a high profile pressure cooker game against a good side.
    Didn't you see that already last year? It's time for Indian fans to see where our cricketers stand in a high profile pressure cooker/karhai/tandoor game against our arch rival Pakistan.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    1,021
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit annoyed by OP here. I was waiting for someone else's India WILL give Pakistan a Reality check thread.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,522
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    A reality check like the one that was delivered June 18th 2017?
    It surely was a reality check for us. We kept playing Yuvi, Dhoni, Jadhav and Pandya the bowler.

    Despite the reality check, we have not opened our eyes. Raina replaces Jadhav and Karthik replaces Yuvi.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    9,730
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    A reality check like the one that was delivered June 18th 2017?
    Don't want that again.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    9,730
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InziRules View Post
    Bit annoyed by OP here. I was waiting for someone else's India WILL give Pakistan a Reality check thread.
    Bhaijaan has lost the confidence in himself.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    9,707
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the a struggling team india could give reality check to Pakistan, then I dare say, this Pakistan team is nothing but a glorified minnow basher.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    34,264
    Mentioned
    1565 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The Asia Cup will be 2-1 between India - Pakistan. Remains to be seen who is 2 and who is 1.


    #Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

  13. #13
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    5,417
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    It surely was a reality check for us. We kept playing Yuvi, Dhoni, Jadhav and Pandya the bowler.

    Despite the reality check, we have not opened our eyes. Raina replaces Jadhav and Karthik replaces Yuvi.
    It was a joke bro, just some trolling. India is still a top class team, but yes they do have some problems.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,522
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    If the a struggling team india could give reality check to Pakistan, then I dare say, this Pakistan team is nothing but a glorified minnow basher.

    Bro, if our top 4(hoping Rahul at 4) click we can chase 340+ easily.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    9,730
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    The Asia Cup will be 2-1 between India - Pakistan. Remains to be seen who is 2 and who is 1.
    What if one team wins 2 group matches but loses the final?

  16. #16
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,603
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    India will be smashed by Pakistan and MSD will retire.

    Pak are in supreme form and Fakhar seems to be unstoppable. He will murder Indian trundlers with no mercy.

    Our overrated batting will be exposed by Pak bowling again.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    11,630
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    Bro, if our top 4(hoping Rahul at 4) click we can chase 340+ easily.
    Not against Pakistan you won't. The only chance of that happening is if Mickey develops questionable affections for Wahab Riaz and Anwar Ali

  18. #18
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    9,730
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    Bro, if our top 4(hoping Rahul at 4) click we can chase 340+ easily.
    Are you trying to say our bowlers will concede 300+ again?

  19. #19
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    535
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If these bunch of new players who have barely played any matches beat India then India will have a lot questions to ask themselves considering the experience and the big names they have.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    5,491
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    Bro, if our top 4(hoping Rahul at 4) click we can chase 340+ easily.
    Only 1-2 batsmen ever “click” against this Pakistan attack, if they do.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    1,290
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NZ has already given them a reality check with a 5-0. Bashing sides like Lanka, Ireland and Zimbabwe doesn't really change much.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    487
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have much hope for Pakistan if any of these games are played in Abu Dhabi, which I believe is the slowest wicket in world cricket.

    India's spinners and ability to play spin is far greater than ours. Virat Kohli, Pandya (batting against spin) and Kuldeep Yadav will have too much for Pakistan to deal with.

    I also predict the debate with Pandya v Faheem will be settled after this tournament as well in favour of the former.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,522
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are going to smash "The Trundlers"

  24. #24
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    831
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    A reality check like the one that was delivered June 18th 2017?
    Yep. But the results will be reversed.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    9,730
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    We are going to smash "The Trundlers"
    I thought you were from India.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    9,730
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    India will be smashed by Pakistan and MSD will retire.

    Pak are in supreme form and Fakhar seems to be unstoppable. He will murder Indian trundlers with no mercy.

    Our overrated batting will be exposed by Pak bowling again.
    When it works you call him a finisher, when it doesn't you call him a finished player.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    1,371
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wish it could have been series between India and Pak and not asia cup. But we are playing 1+ matches so will be still fun.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,522
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2-1 to India

  29. #29
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    1,371
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    When it works you call him a finisher, when it doesn't you call him a finished player.
    He is finished almost 5 years ago. Looks like you are time traveler from past.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    12,178
    Mentioned
    667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pakistan are the ones who are gonna give us a reality check in the Asia Cup. 3-0 to PAK. After a decade of mediocrity(2006-2016), they have come up with fantastic players while we have regressed in the last 5 years. OP needs to wake up and smell the coffee


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  31. #31
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,522
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    I thought you were from India.

    By trundlers I meant

  32. #32
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    10,586
    Mentioned
    918 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    India: We have a dynamic top-middle order
    Pakistan: We have a Fakhar

  33. #33
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will be an easy win for Pak. Pak is playing amazing cricket lately.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,522
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moreover, Pakistan middle order didn't have much game time. It's been all Fakhar, Imam and to a certain extent Babar show.

    Next match is against Zim and their first match at the Asia cup is against qualier (uae mostly).

    So they directly will run into a blue strorm

  35. #35
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    2,568
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pakistan batting is fragile. It's Fakhar and game over.

    Indian top order is well proven and looks stronger than Pakistan's.

    India are favorites IMO.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    5,491
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhenSultansBowled View Post
    Pakistan batting is fragile. It's Fakhar and game over.

    Indian top order is well proven and looks stronger than Pakistan's.

    India are favorites IMO.
    You’re forgetting Babar’s Bradman-esque record in the UAE.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    6,571
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When is this Asia Cup and what is the format like? - How come we will play 3 matches in a tournament with one team?? - Sounds weird


    If you want to do things that are certain to succeed, you are doing very obvious thing - E Musk

  38. #38
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    437
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    I don't have much hope for Pakistan if any of these games are played in Abu Dhabi, which I believe is the slowest wicket in world cricket.

    India's spinners and ability to play spin is far greater than ours. Virat Kohli, Pandya (batting against spin) and Kuldeep Yadav will have too much for Pakistan to deal with.

    I also predict the debate with Pandya v Faheem will be settled after this tournament as well in favour of the former.
    Spot on about pitches and spin that is my worry too

  39. #39
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    437
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I am super excited about is that excellent/perfect fixtures for the next 10 months we play India NZ Aussies saffas and England in more then two Odis atleast. Excellent preparation chance for word cup and also psl too next 10 months so exciting can't wait be it a reality check or not.
    Last edited by Kashmirilion; 20th July 2018 at 15:06.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    7,090
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    I don't have much hope for Pakistan if any of these games are played in Abu Dhabi, which I believe is the slowest wicket in world cricket.

    India's spinners and ability to play spin is far greater than ours. Virat Kohli, Pandya (batting against spin) and Kuldeep Yadav will have too much for Pakistan to deal with.

    I also predict the debate with Pandya v Faheem will be settled after this tournament as well in favour of the former.
    And Pakistani batsmen and spinners will be there just to make up numbers?

  41. #41
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,603
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    You’re forgetting Babar’s Bradman-esque record in the UAE.
    Agreed. Babar will smash Indian trundlers.

    Kuldeep will know what Aswin felt in June 2017.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Manitoba
    Runs
    1,432
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sometimes find it funny that fans all over think that if their team is in form or have a great bowling attack or batting order on paper..then victory is guranteed.
    If that was case Ronaldo or Messi or Beckham would have had many world cups to their name.
    Similarly in cricket on the field on a given day an average bowler could get lucky and get main wicket.
    Luck plays important part too. Like in case of recent FIFA final, the second penalty awarded to France was debatable which made them go 2-1.
    Croatia had equalised and were looking better but that penalty snuffed the fight out of them. Even the first goal was unlucky self goal. Manzuvick defensive header , if his head had come up a second before ,the ball would have deflected some other direction.

    Past history, quality of players is all good on paper.
    But when players or teams are evenly talented ( not taling of superstars in team).
    Especially in cricket a few quality wicket taking balls or stupid stroke selection by a batter can turn a game on its head. Ex: In 1987 Eng were cruising to its first ICC world cup victory when Gatting decided to play a dumb stroke. Result: Aus got their first world cup....and many more...Eng is still searching for its first 30 years later.

    What I am trying to say is both teams fans should try treat it as game and take victory and loss in sporting manner instead of well doing what everyone does in subcontinent.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    3,921
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar is the UAE Hannibal.

    Beware, for he is at the gates!

  44. #44
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    487
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    And Pakistani batsmen and spinners will be there just to make up numbers?
    I think you're underestimating the gulf between their spinners and batting against spin with ours. It's not even close and given these are slow wickets I can only see one outcome unfortunately.

    In England however we have a far better chance because the conditions will be less receptive for slower bowling on faster wickets.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    21,769
    Mentioned
    291 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    I think you're underestimating the gulf between their spinners and batting against spin with ours. It's not even close and given these are slow wickets I can only see one outcome unfortunately.

    In England however we have a far better chance because the conditions will be less receptive for slower bowling on faster wickets.
    Kuldeep is a bowler who relies on spin at pace. UAE wickets are too slow for him to be effective. Chahal is the real danger because he is slower through the air. I wonder if dew factor will come into play.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    27,097
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Pakistan will always be the under dog in games against the big boys i.e. England, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, India

  47. #47
    Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    3,355
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Expect Kohli to be rested for sure. So could be the case with some others like Shikhar Dhawan , Bumrah and Pandya. Rohit would lead and would be partnered by Rahane followed by Rahul at #3 and Karthik at #4. I expect MS to be onboard but if he doesnt then good for Pant.

    So it is debatable as to how the matches would shape up in such a scenario, but Pakistan would compete on an equal keel so the results could go either way.


    Win or lose - it is Team INDIA I choose...

  48. #48
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    439
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If India do give us a reality check, I feel the games will go along the lines similar to the 2015 WC game. India score high and we'll lose due to scoreboard pressure

  49. #49
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    487
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Kuldeep is a bowler who relies on spin at pace. UAE wickets are too slow for him to be effective. Chahal is the real danger because he is slower through the air. I wonder if dew factor will come into play.
    I hope so when Pakistan are batting

    Yadav is quick through the air though and is a mystery spinner who can challenge both edges of the bat, I don't think the slowness will be an issue at all.

    Pakistan's best ploy is to go hard at the pacers and make full use of the PP overs 1-6. I hope Fakhar can pick Yadav's googly because if he can, I envisage him to execute some nice hard sweeps square of the wicket leg side.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    9,730
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    I think you're underestimating the gulf between their spinners and batting against spin with ours. It's not even close and given these are slow wickets I can only see one outcome unfortunately.

    In England however we have a far better chance because the conditions will be less receptive for slower bowling on faster wickets.
    Indian batsman aren't that good against quality spin either these days. Did you not see how indian batsman performed against Adil Rashid and Moeen Ali?

  51. #51
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    34,264
    Mentioned
    1565 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dani2k View Post
    Expect Kohli to be rested for sure. So could be the case with some others like Shikhar Dhawan , Bumrah and Pandya. Rohit would lead and would be partnered by Rahane followed by Rahul at #3 and Karthik at #4. I expect MS to be onboard but if he doesnt then good for Pant.

    So it is debatable as to how the matches would shape up in such a scenario, but Pakistan would compete on an equal keel so the results could go either way.
    Guys check the arrogance here @babajee @Usman Chadda


    #Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

  52. #52
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    434
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually i want India to lose badly,while playing oldies.It might finally force kohli and shastri to drop dhoni and raina.We desperately need a reality check(our management) before its too late and world cup is here.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    9,730
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dani2k View Post
    Expect Kohli to be rested for sure. So could be the case with some others like Shikhar Dhawan , Bumrah and Pandya. Rohit would lead and would be partnered by Rahane followed by Rahul at #3 and Karthik at #4. I expect MS to be onboard but if he doesnt then good for Pant.

    So it is debatable as to how the matches would shape up in such a scenario, but Pakistan would compete on an equal keel so the results could go either way.
    Whose marriage do they have to attend that they are going to skip Asia Cup?

  54. #54
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    487
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Indian batsman aren't that good against quality spin either these days. Did you not see how indian batsman performed against Adil Rashid and Moeen Ali?
    I think more credit has to be given to those bowlers particularly Rashid.

    plus Rashid > Shadab. Moeen Ali > Nawaz/Imad/Yasir Shah in LOIs.

    Indian batsmen will feel more at home against spin in UAE because like in India you have to bowl a fuller length compared to on English wickets.
    Last edited by topspin; 20th July 2018 at 15:33.

  55. #55
    Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    3,355
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Guys check the arrogance here @babajee @Usman Chadda
    With all due respects...that is not arrogance. After a long England tour, this is completely practical to expect the changes I have mentioned. Remember MSD was rested in 2014 for the Asia cup and Kohli captained it. The BCCIs priority is not the Asia cup but the WC . With a tough Australia tour to follow the Asia cup and the WI tour to India will have a few absentees which is understandable.


    Win or lose - it is Team INDIA I choose...

  56. #56
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    9,730
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by austerlitz View Post
    Actually i want India to lose badly,while playing oldies.It might finally force kohli and shastri to drop dhoni and raina.We desperately need a reality check(our management) before its too late and world cup is here.
    Shastri and Dhoni are not going anywhere before the world cup. It doesn't matter whether India win the Asia Cup or not.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    3,355
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Whose marriage do they have to attend that they are going to skip Asia Cup?
    Post #55


    Win or lose - it is Team INDIA I choose...

  58. #58
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    9,730
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dani2k View Post
    With all due respects...that is not arrogance. After a long England tour, this is completely practical to expect the changes I have mentioned. Remember MSD was rested in 2014 for the Asia cup and Kohli captained it. The BCCIs priority is not the Asia cup but the WC . With a tough Australia tour to follow the Asia cup and the WI tour to India will have a few absentees which is understandable.
    If BCCI's priorty is really World Cup then all the players who are going to play in the World Cup should be kept away from IPL next year.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    1,331
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What exactly is the format? Groups? Round robin? I think that's more important than some reality check lol

  60. #60
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    5,491
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Guys check the arrogance here @babajee @Usman Chadda
    It is time you accept the fact we are mediocre

  61. #61
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,122
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dani2k View Post
    Expect Kohli to be rested for sure. So could be the case with some others like Shikhar Dhawan , Bumrah and Pandya. Rohit would lead and would be partnered by Rahane followed by Rahul at #3 and Karthik at #4. I expect MS to be onboard but if he doesnt then good for Pant.

    So it is debatable as to how the matches would shape up in such a scenario, but Pakistan would compete on an equal keel so the results could go either way.
    Nice... now please tell me the winning lottery numbers too

    Ind, will never play a B team against pakistan unless someone is injured. That is the real fact.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    551
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    The Asia Cup will be 2-1 between India - Pakistan. Remains to be seen who is 2 and who is 1.
    What? Is Pakistan playing every team twice? How exactly will there be 2 games against India before the final?

  63. #63
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    34,264
    Mentioned
    1565 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakSarZameen View Post
    What? Is Pakistan playing every team twice? How exactly will there be 2 games against India before the final?
    There is one round robin stage where everyone plays everyone, then there is a secondary stage where we get rid of the minnows like BD, in the second stage the remaining four sides play each other and then the top two play finals. So pretty much guaranteed two matches between Pak and Ind and very likely three.


    #Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

  64. #64
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    9,730
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakSarZameen View Post
    What? Is Pakistan playing every team twice? How exactly will there be 2 games against India before the final?
    Two Groups of 3-3 teams

    Group Game
    Best of four
    Possibility of final

  65. #65
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    34,264
    Mentioned
    1565 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    It is time you accept the fact we are mediocre
    Look forward to a well deserved reality check


    #Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

  66. #66
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    9,730
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    There is one round robin stage where everyone plays everyone, then there is a secondary stage where we get rid of the minnows like BD, in the second stage the remaining four sides play each other and then the top two play finals. So pretty much guaranteed two matches between Pak and Ind and very likely three.
    I see what you did there.

  67. #67
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    551
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    There is one round robin stage where everyone plays everyone, then there is a secondary stage where we get rid of the minnows like BD, in the second stage the remaining four sides play each other and then the top two play finals. So pretty much guaranteed two matches between Pak and Ind and very likely three.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Two Groups of 3-3 teams

    Group Game
    Best of four
    Possibility of final
    and Pakistan and India are in the same group despite being the top 2 sides in Asia?

    Where can I find the schedule for this joke?

  68. #68
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    831
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Guys check the arrogance here @babajee @Usman Chadda
    Where is the arrogance there?

  69. #69
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,122
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    There is one round robin stage where everyone plays everyone, then there is a secondary stage where we get rid of the minnows like BD, in the second stage the remaining four sides play each other and then the top two play finals. So pretty much guaranteed two matches between Pak and Ind and very likely three.
    In reality I would consider all the teams to fight it out. BD and lanka may show up and surprise.

    All in all we 'll not discriminate among the teams, and try to win with big margins.. lots of complains about fakhar hitting 200+ against Zim. He 'll prove by treating all the teams equally now

  70. #70
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    34,264
    Mentioned
    1565 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahul1 View Post
    Where is the arrogance there?
    Poster said India will play B side and still Pakistan will compete on even level, meaning if India plays their full strength then the result is predecided.


    #Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

  71. #71
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    11,630
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Guys check the arrogance here @babajee @Usman Chadda
    They never learn do they

  72. #72
    Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    3,355
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    If BCCI's priorty is really World Cup then all the players who are going to play in the World Cup should be kept away from IPL next year.
    Yup I agree with you. But that is not going to happen due to commercial reasons- we both know that. So we will have to manage with those things that could be manged...


    Win or lose - it is Team INDIA I choose...

  73. #73
    Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    3,355
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    Nice... now please tell me the winning lottery numbers too

    Ind, will never play a B team against pakistan unless someone is injured. That is the real fact.
    Asia cup 2014.


    Win or lose - it is Team INDIA I choose...

  74. #74
    Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    3,355
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Poster said India will play B side and still Pakistan will compete on even level, meaning if India plays their full strength then the result is predecided.
    I did not mean that. All I said was Pakistan would compete on an even keel. Sorry if it came that way, but that was not my intention.

    Regardless of which team is stong or week, Ind-Pak clashes have always been fought on an even keel.


    Win or lose - it is Team INDIA I choose...

  75. #75
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    581
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, I am hoping Pak will give Ind a reality check.

  76. #76
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,122
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dani2k View Post
    Asia cup 2014.
    2014 was Ind B team? just because MSD wasn't there its a B team... you gotta share whatever you smoking

  77. #77
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    11,630
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dani2k View Post
    I did not mean that. All I said was Pakistan would compete on an even keel. Sorry if it came that way, but that was not my intention.

    Regardless of which team is stong or week, Ind-Pak clashes have always been fought on an even keel.
    No way will India ever play a B team against Pakistan. A hammering will end a lot of young careers even before they begin

  78. #78
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    13,531
    Mentioned
    629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It doesn't matter, Pak can pull off a win, so can IND.

    Asia Cup does not properly test who is a better team, even BANG can win. Tournament is too flukey.


    It'll be decided at the world cup.

    We don't have batters who can be ruthless and play pace bowling of decent opposition. Fakhar is close.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    1,436
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dani2k View Post
    Asia cup 2014.
    I think Dhoni was injured, so he did not played.

  80. #80
    Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    3,355
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    2014 was Ind B team? just because MSD wasn't there its a B team... you gotta share whatever you smoking
    Yup. Because MSD was the best wicket keeper, best finisher and a WC winning captain in 2014. Kohli was a green horn to captaincy and it reflected in the results as well.

    You are entitled to your opinion and nah I don't smoke but you are entitled to with your own money.


    Win or lose - it is Team INDIA I choose...


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •