Instagram

An evening with Shahid Afridi and Younis Khan

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 122
  1. #1
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    26,122
    Mentioned
    1213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Tour match between Pakistan A [278 & 261/7] and Australia [494/4d] ends in a draw

    http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1...in-uae-2018-19

    Pakistan A squad: Asad Shafiq (c), Sami Aslam, Abid Ali, Iftikhar Ahmed, Usman Salahuddin, Saad Ali, Agha Salman, Muhammad Rizwan, Waqas Maqsood, Wahab Riaz, Rahat Ali, Amir Yamin, Umaid Asif, Saud Shakeel.

    Australia XI for tour match v Pakistan A (possible batting order): Tim Paine (c), Aaron Finch, Matthew Renshaw, Usman Khawaja, Shaun Marsh, Travis Head, Mitch Marsh, Michael Neser, Mitchell Starc, Nathan Lyon, Jon Holland.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  2. #2
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    433
    Mentioned
    291 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Will this be streamed or broadcasted anywhere? I know Cricket Australia is pretty good with this

  3. #3
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    94,275
    Mentioned
    1717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    no broadcast but I will be there for about 2 hours to see how things are going.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  4. #4
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    2,204
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I see shan is in the playing 11,he wasn't even in the squad.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    6,335
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    I see shan is in the playing 11,he wasn't even in the squad.
    We will never learn.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    84
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As usual saud not playing
    Instead 31 year old abid ali playing

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    310
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Typical PCB...select a player who is not even in the squad, at the expense of Saud Shakeel and Agha Salman.
    Unbelievable!

  8. #8
    Debut
    Jun 2016
    Runs
    104
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mirza105 View Post
    As usual saud not playing
    Instead 31 year old abid ali playing
    I wonder why age only comes into the picture for Fawad Alam. I agree it's probably too late now, but he deserved to be picked several years ago.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    84
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rexbamezai View Post
    I wonder why age only comes into the picture for Fawad Alam. I agree it's probably too late now, but he deserved to be picked several years ago.
    Exactly moreover this guy averages only 36 in fc

  10. #10
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    34,211
    Mentioned
    2566 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Saud on the bench.


    Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

  11. #11
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    12,822
    Mentioned
    677 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Looks like Jon Holland is not all that. Bowled well against India A for his selection.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    231
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems there are only three full time bowler with no spinner. What is their direction I wonder?
    I hope Saad Ali/ Usman Salauddin plays well. Pak need a proper number 4 is their ODI side.


    Pakistan fan from Bangladesh.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    37
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  14. #14
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    14,121
    Mentioned
    1218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    So,

    The best Pakistan A batsman/player is not in playing eleven.


    Ridiculous.


    One must not forget that Saud Shakeel excelled for Pakistan A in F.C. games in England and currently He is in best form of his life in both F.C. and List A cricket. Just check his numbers in Qea F.C. and List A season.



    I can’t believe that Asad Shafique has not stood up for Karachi based Cricketer @Syed1 @ahmedwaqas92



    Who is behind not selecting Saud Shakeel in playing eleven ? @Saj @MenInG


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

  15. #15
    Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    4,592
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Why would you waste these matches on guys like Iftikhar Ahmed and Abid Ali? What idiot picks the line up?

    A teams are for youngsters for crying out loud

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    37
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so this is a little conspiratorial but could it be that captain Asad shafiq might feel that Saud may provide a greater threat to his place in the future than someone like an Abid Ali or iftikhar would? If Asad was in the A side for batting practice, perhaps it may have been wiser to give the captaincy to guy who'd want to win the game rather than practice for a test match.

    P. S btw I'm a fan of AS and this is just conjecture.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    14,121
    Mentioned
    1218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mute Witness View Post
    Ok so this is a little conspiratorial but could it be that captain Asad shafiq might feel that Saud may provide a greater threat to his place in the future than someone like an Abid Ali or iftikhar would? If Asad was in the A side for batting practice, perhaps it may have been wiser to give the captaincy to guy who'd want to win the game rather than practice for a test match.

    P. S btw I'm a fan of AS and this is just conjecture.

    Asad should have stood up for Saud Shakil as captain but He failed to do so.


    A national bank opener has told me that Asad is very very humble and supports youngsters. Just giving you a hint that Asad picked that guy after he was dropped for few matches in National T20tournament and than Asad and that opener had a huge partnership in that match for Khi where Khi won.


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

  18. #18
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    8,622
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So Inzamam intend to invest on 31+ years old player (Abid Ali) who is yet to be discovered. Pathetic selector.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    8,622
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lyon already got 3 wickets. We will be whitewashed by Australia for poor strategy 1 front line spinner with 2 bits and pieces spinners by our selector and coach.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    14,121
    Mentioned
    1218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    So Inzamam intend to invest on 31+ years old player (Abid Ali) who is yet to be discovered. Pathetic selector.

    All selected Pakistan A players are not those who are earmarked as future prospects.


    Some are rewarded for their domestic performances and they are given the opportunity to wear Pakistan Star. Look at Abid Ali’s F.C. numbers of last 3 years where on toughest Islamabad wicket he has excelled and deserved reward for his hard work and performances.


    When you select Pakistan A squad than potentially you are looking for 3-4 players only. For me those are

    1. Sami Aslam (scored 82 & 70 in 3rd Test in Uk vs Anderson, Broad, Woakes, Finn & Ali) @yasir @Junaids

    2. Agha Salman (future Test and Odi replacement of Mohammad Hafeez)

    3. Saud Shakeel (Pakistan’s Odi & Test number 4 of future)

    4. Saad Ali & Usman Salahuddin (fut replacement of Misbah/Younis in Test Cricket)


    And 2,3 other good picks considering future.


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

  21. #21
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    84
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chacha ji bowled by Lyon

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    Glasgow
    Runs
    330
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the guy that everyone is hating on, Abid Ali, is the top run scorer so far......
    Just noticed that he has also kept wickets before and has been in good form the last few seasons..... but he's over 30 so doesn't deserve to be considered.....

  23. #23
    Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    25,085
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Pak A 149/5 at tea


    Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

  24. #24
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    4,590
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ he is not a specialist keeper but a quality batsman. Islamaabd has the most difficult pitches for batting in last 10-12 years in Pak domestic. Even players like Faizan Riaz who average in late 20s and low 30s aren't bad by any means.

    @Shaka81

  25. #25
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    22,252
    Mentioned
    1659 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Seems like they found a way to drop Saud for Chacha & Asad😩

    By now, I am sure Ul Haq doesnít bother about domestic cricket - itís just a tool for him to bring his favourites.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    218
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaka81 View Post
    So the guy that everyone is hating on, Abid Ali, is the top run scorer so far......
    Just noticed that he has also kept wickets before and has been in good form the last few seasons..... but he's over 30 so doesn't deserve to be considered.....
    Pakistan players start their career at 31

  27. #27
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    1,851
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time to drop Asad Technique. 8 years into Test cricket and still plays like a novice.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    29,058
    Mentioned
    967 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Disappointing that Salahuddin has been dismissed cheaply.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    Glasgow
    Runs
    330
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    ^ he is not a specialist keeper but a quality batsman. Islamaabd has the most difficult pitches for batting in last 10-12 years in Pak domestic. Even players like Faizan Riaz who average in late 20s and low 30s aren't bad by any means.

    @Shaka81
    Yeah I didn't think he would be but people complain that there is no one in the current squad capable of batting and providing a backup to Sarfaraz so I just find it interesting that we've got a player here who could do a job at least in warm up games but he was being written off when most knew nothing about him..... other than that he's too old to be a good player ��

  30. #30
    Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    Glasgow
    Runs
    330
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanRyan10 View Post
    Pakistan players start their career at 31
    Of course but what's his "real" age?!

  31. #31
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    2,629
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Three "young" left arm fastmen in the eleven, the youngest being Waqas Maqsood, age 31. Anyone knows about him, does he have any potential to serve Pakistan for couple of years ? Looks chubby though.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    16,534
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Saad Ali should be in Pakistan national ODI team.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    876
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was the perfect opportunity to test Saud. There is no planning whatsoever with regard to grooming the players.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    4,590
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaka81 View Post
    Yeah I didn't think he would be but people complain that there is no one in the current squad capable of batting and providing a backup to Sarfaraz so I just find it interesting that we've got a player here who could do a job at least in warm up games but he was being written off when most knew nothing about him..... other than that he's too old to be a good player ��
    I wrote in one of the older threads that he will be my second choice keeper (if Sarfraz gets injured or something) in one days if coaches work on his keeping. Problem is he is just not a keeper and for Isloo he was just a makeshift keeper. For Habib Bank this season he isnt even keeping.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  35. #35
    Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    4,592
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Good to see Saad ALi doing well so far.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    6,335
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AND he ia gone

  37. #37
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    84
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saad breath of fresh air

  38. #38
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    69,622
    Mentioned
    1468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Worrying stuff for Asad Shafiq and Usman Salahuddin both of who are in the Test squad.



  39. #39
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    289
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we need to groom Abid Ali as ODI wicketkeeper. He still has 4-5 years left to represent Pakistan. It will strengthen the batting order.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    9,573
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Abid Ali has been hard done by the PCB so his selection is okay. Inzi should have tested some new talents as it was a good chance.

    Why is Wahab playing? We need him fully fit and not exhausted. Someone like Mir Hamza should have gotten a chance to show his potential.


    "You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

  41. #41
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    29,058
    Mentioned
    967 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Our batting culture is horrific. Two first teamers in Shafiq and Salahuddin fail while the bench strength aren't pulling up any treess either.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    22,079
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Saud Shakeel not starting. But we are told Inzi is a great selector . Can't even get a simple selection right.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    29,058
    Mentioned
    967 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Saud Shakeel not starting. But we are told Inzi is a great selector . Can't even get a simple selection right.
    Inzi doesn't pick the final XIs for the A teams does he ? Isn't that the coach's job ?

  44. #44
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    16,534
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Inzi doesn't pick the final XIs for the A teams does he ? Isn't that the coach's job ?
    who is the coach of the A team? he might be playing favouritism game; no way Saud cannot make the A team on merit

  45. #45
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    4,590
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Our batting culture is horrific. Two first teamers in Shafiq and Salahuddin fail while the bench strength aren't pulling up any treess either.
    No wonder one guy who scored on tough Isloo pitches in last few seasons is the highest scorer here. People say I am biased (because i am from Islamabad) when I say that those batsman who score on Diamond and Pindi ground should get extra points but they should see domestic matches and decide for themselves. Big mistake on not investing on Afaq Raheem who was Islamabad opener and in top form during 2010 2011 time (was even selected for national team one time) even some domestic bowlers called him the most difficult batsman to bowl to but being from Azad Kashmir didn't help either and he was not the same batsman after his injury.
    Last edited by SarfiBabarHaris; 29th September 2018 at 14:09.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  46. #46
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    378
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Saud Shakeel not starting. But we are told Inzi is a great selector . Can't even get a simple selection right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brilliance View Post
    This was the perfect opportunity to test Saud. There is no planning whatsoever with regard to grooming the players.
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Seems like they found a way to drop Saud for Chacha & Asad😩

    By now, I am sure Ul Haq doesnít bother about domestic cricket - itís just a tool for him to bring his favourites.
    Inzamam selected him in the squad. It's now up to the A team coaches and management t select him the squad.

    This is a one off match, there will be 2 A team series against New Zealand A and England Lions, where Saud Shakeel would get his opportunity (if he is selected in the squad), since chances are Asad Shafiq wouldn't be part of the A team for those matches and it automatically vacates a middle order spot specifically number 4 where Saud should excel.

    Note:-
    1) Even I was expecting Saud to be in the playing 11.
    2) There is another practice match going on in India, BPXI vs WI, and the BCCI selectors haven't selectedany know domestic spinner in the team to face the WI (like Shahbaz Nadeem, Jayant Yadav, Mayank Markande).
    This seems like a clear plan from the subcontinent teams to give minimum exposure of spin to the touring team.
    PCB seems to have followed that approach too.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    16,534
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous_guy View Post
    Inzamam selected him in the squad. It's now up to the A team coaches and management t select him the squad.

    This is a one off match, there will be 2 A team series against New Zealand A and England Lions, where Saud Shakeel would get his opportunity (if he is selected in the squad), since chances are Asad Shafiq wouldn't be part of the A team for those matches and it automatically vacates a middle order spot specifically number 4 where Saud should excel.

    Note:-
    1) Even I was expecting Saud to be in the playing 11.
    2) There is another practice match going on in India, BPXI vs WI, and the BCCI selectors haven't selectedany know domestic spinner in the team to face the WI (like Shahbaz Nadeem, Jayant Yadav, Mayank Markande).
    This seems like a clear plan from the subcontinent teams to give minimum exposure of spin to the touring team.
    PCB seems to have followed that approach too.
    you are missing the point; the point is Pakistan does not think Saud Shakeel is among the top 6 batsmen of Pakistan A and thats why Pakistan did not select him, while most fans believe he should be 1st/2nd name among the top 6 batsmen of Pakistan A.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    11,676
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShahidDar08 View Post
    I think we need to groom Abid Ali as ODI wicketkeeper. He still has 4-5 years left to represent Pakistan. It will strengthen the batting order.
    And you are using what evidence?

  49. #49
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    289
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    And you are using what evidence?
    Looking at his List A performances, and has kept wickets also. More than 6000 runs in first class and 3000 list A runs with decent average.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    378
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    you are missing the point; the point is Pakistan does not think Saud Shakeel is among the top 6 batsmen of Pakistan A and thats why Pakistan did not select him, while most fans believe he should be 1st/2nd name among the top 6 batsmen of Pakistan A.
    The head coach and team management of Pakistan A team didn't think that Saud should start ahead of others, that is their fault but he will get his chances in near future.

    He already was part of Pak A squad which toured England, in 2016, so he is definitely under the chief selectors radar but it's team management which needs to answer his non selection in playing 11, not Inzamam.

    If I am not wrong Tauseef Ahmed is the head coach of Pakistan A.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    11,676
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShahidDar08 View Post
    Looking at his List A performances, and has kept wickets also. More than 6000 runs in first class and 3000 list A runs with decent average.
    Keeping wicket does not mean he is any good.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    23,273
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    don’t know why we have grandpas like Tauseef Ahmed on selection committees and in management roles. They’re never going to let budding youngsters have a fair chance.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,095
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usman Salahuddin never inspires any confidence tbh. Saad Ali is a better option than him IMO. My biased opinion.
    Waqas Maqsood's rise to prominence though late has been sudden. Seems like Pakpassion's interview made him even more prominent.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    22,079
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Inzi doesn't pick the final XIs for the A teams does he ? Isn't that the coach's job ?
    Is there anyway he can say Saud must start as he has a chance for test inclusion?

  55. #55
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    12,441
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pleasantly surprised by Abid Aliís knock. Looked like a total hack when I saw him in the Pentangular Cup, I believe. But to score an unbeaten 83 against Starc and Lyon in whatever conditions is very good.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    4,294
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What did I tell you guys?

    Lyon will eat us up for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

    Day 1 and he picked up 5 out of the 6 wickets that fell.

    Azhar, Shafiq, Babar, Salahuddin, all get bogged down by spin and cannot handle the dot ball pressure.

    Am expecting Gazza to have 10-15 wickets in the series.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Glasgow/Scotland
    Runs
    510
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IK needs to sack the whole of pcb bar Maani , clueless selections for uae 🤷🏽*♂️

  58. #58
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    523
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyRabbit View Post
    Usman Salahuddin never inspires any confidence tbh. Saad Ali is a better option than him IMO. My biased opinion.
    Waqas Maqsood's rise to prominence though late has been sudden. Seems like Pakpassion's interview made him even more prominent.
    I agree. Don't rate Usman Salahuddin at all. Seems a limited player to me. Can't time the ball well and my guess is that he'll be a liability on fast, bouncy track. Let's see what happens if he's picked for the SA tour.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very impressive from nathan lyon, who has improved a lot since 4 years. He definitely will be the main bowler for australia. Pakistan needs atleast one more spinner, pcb should have given chances to mohammad asghar and zafar gohar, their test debuts are overdue.

    But lyon alone is not enough to bowl pakistan out. If australia selected a proper team , with handscomb , maxwell ,instead of rookies, and cummins was not injured , then maybe they would have a chance.

    Pakistan should not be scared though. Babar azam might have trouble with lyon's bounce, but azhar, asad, haris sohail will not be troubled by him that much. Its a good opportunity to debut Mir Hamza and hopefully the overrated amir will be dropped. He doesn't deserve to tour south africa.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    94,275
    Mentioned
    1717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Nathan Lyon ends up with outstanding figures of 8/103 as Australia make quick work of Pakistan A on Day 2 of the 4-Day match being played in Dubai; Pakistan A have been bowled out for 278 (99.1 ov) #PAKAvAUS


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  61. #61
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Los Angeles
    Runs
    543
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Nathan Lyon ends up with outstanding figures of 8/103 as Australia make quick work of Pakistan A on Day 2 of the 4-Day match being played in Dubai; Pakistan A have been bowled out for 278 (99.1 ov) #PAKAvAUS
    8 wickets in an innings! OH WOW!

  62. #62
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    94,275
    Mentioned
    1717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alized View Post
    8 wickets in an innings! OH WOW!
    yep! hope our 'spinners' in this game do something similar


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  63. #63
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Los Angeles
    Runs
    543
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    yep! hope our 'spinners' in this game do something similar
    Wahab might turn up something special. His 150 kmph pace might be too much for these Aussie A team novices

  64. #64
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    124
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alized View Post
    Wahab might turn up something special. His 150 kmph pace might be too much for these Aussie A team novices
    LOL we are born and breed on pace bowling in Australia, you obviously don;t know what you are talking about.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    18,400
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Aussies playing without fear
    Hope Micky doesn’t go with one spinner Bilal should play . Pakistan is missing one specialist off spinner not sure what Bilal can do


    New Era of Team Pakistan

  66. #66
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Los Angeles
    Runs
    543
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba Red View Post
    LOL we are born and breed on pace bowling in Australia, you obviously don;t know what you are talking about.
    Of course I know. you are over rating your aussie countrymen. They would all crumble under quality pace bowling

  67. #67
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    94,275
    Mentioned
    1717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Australia openers in no real discomfort (possibly apart from the heat!) as they reach Lunch at 47/0 in response to Pakistan A's score of 278


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  68. #68
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    12,441
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some serious phainta coming our way here. Rahat and Waqas Maqsood opening the bowling

  69. #69
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    39,293
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Atrocious team selection.

    No specialist spinner.
    Deadwoods like iftikhar ahmed playing.
    31 years old who might actually be 34 is playing.

    Can it get any worse that this?


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    2,282
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Renshaw suffers knock in tour game


    Australia have suffered an injury scare ahead of their two-Test series against Pakistan, with Matthew Renshaw copping a nasty head knock in their four-day tour match in Dubai.

    Renshaw was being monitored by medical staff on Sunday morning (local time) after he left the field following a blow to the helmet in Australia's warm-up game against Pakistan A.

    Fielding at short leg to off-spinner Nathan Lyon, Renshaw was hit in the side of the helmet by a powerful pull shot from Pakistan A batsman Abid Ali.



    The fact the ball ricocheted high into the air to offer Tim Paine a simple catch and Nathan Lyon his sixth wicket of the innings was cold consolation for the Australians, who gathered around Renshaw to check on his well-being.

    The 22-year-old pulled his helmet off immediately after the blow and sat with his head in his hands, before Paine helped him to his feet as medical staff came on the field to inspect the damage.

    Renshaw was able to walk off the field alongside the team doctor before going into the ICC Academy change rooms for further checks.



    Renshaw is not expected to bat in Australia's first innings. A short time after the incident, Pakistan A were dismissed for 278 and Usman Khawaja was moved up to open in Renshaw’s place alongside Aaron Finch. Lyon finished with eight wickets.


    Lyon shines on opening day of tour
    Australia were awaiting a verdict from the International Cricket Council on whether a substitute is permitted to bat in Renshaw's place. The tour match has official first-class status.

    Renshaw had fielded at short leg for the majority of Pakistan A's first innings, with spinners Lyon and Jon Holland bowling the lion's share of the overs.


    Renshaw has a history of concussions, with his most recent one coming in a bizarre warm-up incident on the morning of a JLT Sheffield Shield match for Queensland in March. He was subbed out of the game but the injury was not serious.

    The opening batsman was also withdrawn from 2017 New Year's Test in Sydney against Pakistan having been first hit by a bouncer while batting before copping another blow while fielding at short leg two days later.

    Renshaw took a catch fielding at short leg on Saturday's first day off Lyon to remove Usman Salahuddin.

    The incident on Sunday was an unfortunate end to Abid's innings, who batted superbly to keep the Aussies at bay on a turning pitch for almost all of the first day.

    While rebound catches off a fielder’s helmet were not previously permitted, the ICC amended the rules last year to make them legal so as not to discourage players from wearing helmets while fielding in close.


    Qantas Tour of the UAE

    Australia Test squad: Tim Paine (c), Ashton Agar, Brendan Doggett, Aaron Finch, Travis Head, Jon Holland, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan Lyon, Mitch Marsh, Shaun Marsh, Michael Neser, Matthew Renshaw, Peter Siddle, Mitchell Starc

    Sep 29 - Oct 2: Tour match v Pak A, Dubai

    Oct 7-11: First Test, Dubai

    Oct 16-20: Second Test, Abu Dhabi

    https://www.cricket.com.au/news/matt...ame/2018-09-30


    When in Doubt- Act Stupid....... That's Pakistan Cricket for you.

  71. #71
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Los Angeles
    Runs
    543
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan cricket at its best.

    Bats 200/all out (80 overs)
    Bowls 300/0 dec (60 overs)
    Bats 150/all out (60 overs)
    Bowls 50/0 (10 overs)

    Other team Win by 10 wickets
    Last edited by alized; 30th September 2018 at 09:28.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    2,685
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What do Pakistan do when Wahab gets a huge phainty in this match and everyone remembers that he was dropped because he's rubbish?

  73. #73
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    2,263
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wrongun View Post
    What do Pakistan do when Wahab gets a huge phainty in this match and everyone remembers that he was dropped because he's rubbish?
    Yeah Wahab is really not the answer. We seem to have a memory loss when it comes to dropped players.

    It was time to induct Shaheen Afridi into the lineup.

  74. #74
    Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    6,570
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The scorecard on cricinfo isn't working for me. Is anyone else having the same problem? It's frozen on 24.2 overs, Aus 70-0.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    130
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its now 94/1 for 35.1 overs. Aaron finch wicket taken by Waqas Maqsood.

  76. #76
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    130
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Practice matches are literally just meant for practice. There are countries who fail miserably in practice matches (according to the scoreboard) but come out all guns blazing in the actual series. No need for Pakistan to worry at the moment. Reality would only be seen in the first match. I expect it to be a cracking series.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    130
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    104/2 Iftikhar Ahmed takes out khawaja

  78. #78
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    94,275
    Mentioned
    1717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Usman Khawaja (36) and Aaron Finch (54) the batsmen dismissed so far as Australia A reach 132/2 in response to Pakistan A's 278; Waqas Maqsood and Iftikhar Ahmed the wicket-takers so far


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  79. #79
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    161
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ifthiqar chacha providing world class spin batting sessions to the aussies.

  80. #80
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    5,209
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wrongun View Post
    What do Pakistan do when Wahab gets a huge phainty in this match and everyone remembers that he was dropped because he's rubbish?
    Nothing happens. We play the following 6-11
    Sarfaraz
    Asif
    Shadab
    Yasir
    Hasan
    Abbas


    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •