Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

"We are on top of India as they will be under pressure" : Hasan Ali

Hassan Ali speaking to the media:

"First of all, as it's Defence of Pakistan Day, I would like to mention about the martyrs from our Armed Forces who have laid their lives for the country"

"We are not only focused on the 19th September game against India but on the tournament as a whole"

"As you said, there is always a special enthusiasm when we play against India so hopefully we will keep the same going for the upcoming match against India as well"

"I am happy that there is pressure on me as it makes me perform better and help my team win"

"Both India and Sri Lanka are good sides; both are used to playing in such conditions"

"But we also play in UAE all the time and we know how to play cricket here"

"We all know that Virat Kohli is a good player and a match-winner but even without him the India team is very good"

"Yes we may have an advantage as Virat Kohli [usually] pulls his team out of trouble when they are under pressure so a different player in his place may not be able to handle that pressure"

"Virat is a great player and it's every young bowler's [like me] wish to take his wicket but he wont be here this time so that's OK but if I face him next time, I will try and take his wicket"

"Its best you ask the selection committee why they have kept 6 fast-bowlers and no spinners; our job is to play and it doesn't matter if we have 7 or 8 bowlers, whoever gets a chance will try and perform for Pakistan"

"I have not said anything on social media or anywhere about not playing a specific format"

"I love to play Test cricket and it's my wish to perform in Tests in the same way I have done in ODIs and T20Is"

"As a youngster you need to keep yourself fit and look after yourself"

"Since I am playing 3 formats, I need to keep a high level of fitness"

"As far as comparison with Virat Kohli [in terms of fitness] this is not necessary as he is a legend and our senior but my focus is on my fitness as when you are fit, you can perform better"

"Every bowler wants to take 5 wickets but my focus is to perform when my team needs me most"

"It doesn't matter if that means taking one or 3 or 4 wickets; my focus is to take wickets for my team at that difficult time"

"I will try to take a 5fer in the Asia Cup and to perform in a way such that Pakistan wins"

"I would like to do my wicket-taking celebration 10 times against India but lets see what happens; I will do my best to take wickets for my team and for my fans who want to see my wicket-taking celebrations"

"We are on top of India [in terms of momentum] as they will be under pressure as they lost the last match to us, these are conditions we are familiar with and we will do our best to avail such conditions to our advantage"
    Last edited by MenInG; 6th September 2018 at 09:42.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1721 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Fighting talk by Hassan!

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy is a certain character. Enjoy reading his interview.

Some good comments about Kohli, The King.

Bring it on!🙅

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see young players giving so much importance to fitness. Good signs for the future of Pakistan cricket.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saucy title.

Other things which he said about the india game:

"We are not only focused on the 19th September game against India but on the whole tournament"

"We all know that Virat Kohli is a good player and a match-winner but even without him the India team is very good"

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Saucy title.

Other things which he said about the india game:

"We are not only focused on the 19th September game against India but on the whole tournament"

Yeah, I agree but, it's just two spice things up and take this thread to 5-6 pages.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India will definitely be under pressure as they are a better ranked team and so are favourites to win the cup. Pak can definitely use this pressure in their favour like they did in CT 17 final.

Pretty honest comments from Hassan.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh god. Every time we say stuff like this we get thrashed. Hasan Ali has talked the talk, hopefully he can walk the walk!

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have been on top of India since 2008 when we humiliated them so badly, they still haven't recovered

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InziRules View Post
    We have been on top of India since 2008 when we humiliated them so badly, they still haven't recovered
    2008? What happened in 2008? Only thing I remember from that year is England having to return home from India due to the Mumbai attack.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_outsider View Post
    2008? What happened in 2008? Only thing I remember from that year is England having to return home from India due to the Mumbai attack.
    Bad memory, we beat you in the last game before the final chasing 300

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bad memory, we beat you in the last game before the final chasing 300
    Are you talking about the Asia Cup? Where India and SL reached the final and SL eventually lifted the cup?

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_outsider View Post
    Are you talking about the Asia Cup? Where India and SL reached the final and India eventually lifted the cup?
    Yup, we've won 7 and lost 5 since then and if you look at the 5 years before then, we lost most games

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, we've won 7 and lost 5 since then and if you look at the 5 years before then, we lost most games
    7-5 to Pak including 0-2 in WC.

Yeah we clearly haven't recovered from that trauma. Thanks for pointing it out.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    "Since I am playing 3 formats, I need to keep a high level of fitness"
    As a Pak fan, happy to read this. Appreciate professionalism and dedication by youngsta beauties of team Pakistan!

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    India is under pressure due to the selection of Jadhav, Pandey and Dhoni in the middle order

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hasan sounds like he can't wait to get out there and start playing! Man I can't wait to see him bowling.

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Glasgow/Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhenSultansBowled View Post
    As a Pak fan, happy to read this. Appreciate professionalism and dedication by youngsta beauties of team Pakistan!
    I second that 👍🏽

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hasan A oozes confidence - nothing wrong with that.

Debut
    Nov 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uhm no

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    Hasan sounds like he can't wait to get out there and start playing! Man I can't wait to see him bowling.
    Talk Nah

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    395 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Oof
    Alexa please play despacito 2.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am still confident that they can pull it off IF they play proper cricket with aggression.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post

"I would like to do my wicket-taking celebration 10 times against India"

"We are on top of India [in terms of momentum] as they will be under pressure as they lost the last match to us, these are conditions we are familiar with and we will do our best to avail such conditions to our advantage"

kuch zyada hi bol gaya

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its ok for him to go hyperbole. I do not think he said anything offensive at least. He is a bit showy. But cricket needs such characters. If everyone is like a workhorse, it will be boring.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 2nd October 2018 at 21:03.