Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slow hand clap for Purana Pakistani Neo-Liberals

‘Smear campaign’ against Shehla Raza condemned.

KARACHI: Various civil society organisations on Wednesday expressed concern over a ‘smear campaign’ in the social media against Sindh Minister for Women Development Shehla Raza after tweets appeared on her Twitter account a day earlier which she denied she had posted while apologising for those tweets as well.

Those who spoke at the press conference included Karamat Ali of the Pakistan Institute of Labour Education and Research (Piler); trade union leaders Habibuddin Junaidi and Liaquat Sahi, Mehnaz Rahman of Aurat Foundation, Asad Iqbal Butt, vice chairman of Human Rights Commission of Pakistan; Farhat Perveen of NOW Communities and Saeed Baloch of the Pakistan Fisherfolk Forum.

Addressing a joint press conference at the Karachi Press Club, activists condemned the “social media campaign and character assassination of Ms Raza” who denied posting those tweets while apologising for the tweets that appeared on her personal Twitter account.

In her apology that appeared on her Twitter account she said: “During election, a social media team was formed, a member in light of words tweeted a statement, which is ambiguous creating negativity. I condemn and fired all. From here on I will run myself [my social media accounts]. I saw it now, busy in cabinet meeting. Accept my apologies.”

The speakers at the press conference said someone had misused her account and posted religious hate material in her name.

“After that clarification by her, there is no reason to unleash a campaign against her. Civil society is well aware of Ms Raza and her contributions. She is a progressive (person) and (is) against religious extremism,” said a speaker.

Moreover, they said a number of fake Twitter and Facebook accounts were operative in her name, to which she had denied having any connection.

They demanded that the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority take action against those who were operating all those fake accounts on social media.

Representatives of civil society organisations said Shehla Raza had begun her political career as a student union leader and gave sacrifices for democracy.

She was arrested and tortured during military regimes. While, they added, her entire upbringing was progressive so “how can she even think of making hate statements”.

They expressed solidarity with the minister, adding that they stood with her.

They also called upon the Pakistan Peoples Party not to pay heed to such negative campaigns against individuals like her.
    https://www.dawn.com/news/amp/1431209

Shameless stuff. Absolutely pathetic. Just goes to show what a front for PPP these scumbags are and have been, they're all for photo ops with dirty looking children, accept money on their behalf from all over the world, claim they're progressive, hang with white feminists at cocktail parties, get kickbacks& contracts from PPP, but do no actual grassroots work, kids and mothers dying in Thar, not a problem to them, diss the army here, diss conservative muslims there.

And when push comes to shove, rather than calling out PPP for their sectarianism & hate speech, they start playing victim. Sickening.

Thank you Imran Khan. As you said, Khooni liberals.

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    included Karamat Ali of the Pakistan Institute of Labour Education and Research (Piler); trade union leaders Habibuddin Junaidi and Liaquat Sahi, Mehnaz Rahman of Aurat Foundation, Asad Iqbal Butt, vice chairman of Human Rights Commission of Pakistan; Farhat Perveen of NOW Communities and Saeed Baloch of the Pakistan Fisherfolk Forum.
    If this doesn't open one's eyes to PPP's corruption and loot maal then nothing will.

All these people on high appointments and important positions were called for the sole reason of defending Shehla Raza.

Departments and Unions which are supposed to protect the common worker and lobourer have been hijacked by PPP's chamchay to line their pockets whereas the low class labourer continues to work for slave wages.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1583 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asim_khan View Post
    https://www.dawn.com/news/amp/1431209

Shameless stuff. Absolutely pathetic. Just goes to show what a front for PPP these scumbags are and have been, they're all for photo ops with dirty looking children, accept money on their behalf from all over the world, claim they're progressive, hang with white feminists at cocktail parties, get kickbacks& contracts from PPP, but do no actual grassroots work, kids and mothers dying in Thar, not a problem to them, diss the army here, diss conservative muslims there.

And when push comes to shove, rather than calling out PPP for their sectarianism & hate speech, they start playing victim. Sickening.

Thank you Imran Khan. As you said, Khooni liberals.
    Not to forget the brilliant speeches with immaculate British accent to win over the uninformed and out of touch liberals.

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In her apology that appeared on her Twitter account she said: “During election, a social media team was formed, a member in light of words tweeted a statement, which is ambiguous creating negativity. I condemn and fired all. From here on I will run myself [my social media accounts]. I saw it now, busy in cabinet meeting. Accept my apologies.”

Misbah, Wahab, Junaid, Root, Williamson fan.
    T20 isn't Cricket

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSchultz View Post
    Her tweet from 2013 so it's not the first time.

Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I wonder if our friend Talentspotter will change sides again @Syed1

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Not to forget the brilliant speeches with immaculate British accent to win over the uninformed and out of touch liberals.
    Angrez to chale gaye kab ke yahan se lekin Angrezi chor gaye!