Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

“If he is not performing than Hasan Ali should be dropped from the team”: Shoaib Akhtar

Former Pakistan fast-bowler Shoaib Akhtar has said that pacer Hasan Ali should be dropped from the team if he keeps underperforming.Hasan — who won the man of the tournament award at the ICC Champions Trophy in 2017 — has lost his magical touch during the recently concluded Asia Cup, where he failed to put up an impressive show during the
    tournament.

Talking to the media at the Punjab Governor House, Akhtar said if the Peshawar Zalmi pacer is not performing he should be dropped from the side just like Mohammad Amir.“Hasan is one of main strike bowler for Pakistan, so he should keep his performance up to the mark,” said Akhtar. “If he is not performing than he should be dropped from the team.”Commenting on the team management’s decision to drop Amir from the team, the Rawalpindi Express believes the step was in the right direction as it will give the 26-year-old a chance to work on his problems.

“I think getting drop from the side is an eye opener for Amir,” said Akhtar.
    “But he should take it positively and think about his mistakes and work on it. It is now up to him how he is going to make a comeback in the side.

”Giving his views on Amir’s performance since his return to international cricket after serving a five-year ban for his part in the spot- fixing scandal, Akhtar, who represented Pakistan the Men in Green in 46 Tests, 163 ODIs and 15 T20Is, believes the Karachi Kings pacer is not the same bowler as he was when he made his debut for the Green Caps.

“I personally don’t think that he is the same Amir that he used to be when he made his debut,” he said. “This Amir lacks pace, aggression and most importantly he is scared. I think Amir should forget about his past and try to be what he used to be, aggressive, speedy and accurate.”Akhar also suggested Amir that he needs to work on his fitness in order to survive at the international level.

“I think Amir should focus on his fitness especially and secondly he should increase his pace which I see as the major difference since his return,” he said.

https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/ne...dropped-akhtar

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hasan Ali and zaman have been found out now.

Amir needs to get fit. He seems to be very fragile.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good analysis on amir, but he is talking non sense on hassan, you cant pick 5 wickets in every match

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Didn’t he said Babar should be made captain in all 3 formats

New Era of Team Pakistan

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He said a very generic statement, If a player doesn't perform for a certain amount of time he should be dropped.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big_gamer007 View Post
    He said a very generic statement, If a player doesn't perform for a certain amount of time he should be dropped.
    Same things should go for Hafeez as well. He just want to see his favorite players there, thats why I never liked him as an analyst.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hasan hasn't even done that bad. Still our best LO bowler

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Jubail, Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by giri26 View Post
    Former Pakistan fast-bowler Shoaib Akhtar has said that pacer Hasan Ali should be dropped from the team if he keeps underperforming.Hasan — who won the man of the tournament award at the ICC Champions Trophy in 2017 — has lost his magical touch during the recently concluded Asia Cup, where he failed to put up an impressive show during the
    tournament.

Talking to the media at the Punjab Governor House, Akhtar said if the Peshawar Zalmi pacer is not performing he should be dropped from the side just like Mohammad Amir.“Hasan is one of main strike bowler for Pakistan, so he should keep his performance up to the mark,” said Akhtar. “If he is not performing than he should be dropped from the team.”Commenting on the team management’s decision to drop Amir from the team, the Rawalpindi Express believes the step was in the right direction as it will give the 26-year-old a chance to work on his problems.

“I think getting drop from the side is an eye opener for Amir,” said Akhtar.
    “But he should take it positively and think about his mistakes and work on it. It is now up to him how he is going to make a comeback in the side.

”Giving his views on Amir’s performance since his return to international cricket after serving a five-year ban for his part in the spot- fixing scandal, Akhtar, who represented Pakistan the Men in Green in 46 Tests, 163 ODIs and 15 T20Is, believes the Karachi Kings pacer is not the same bowler as he was when he made his debut for the Green Caps.

“I personally don’t think that he is the same Amir that he used to be when he made his debut,” he said. “This Amir lacks pace, aggression and most importantly he is scared. I think Amir should forget about his past and try to be what he used to be, aggressive, speedy and accurate.”Akhar also suggested Amir that he needs to work on his fitness in order to survive at the international level.

“I think Amir should focus on his fitness especially and secondly he should increase his pace which I see as the major difference since his return,” he said.

https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/ne...dropped-akhtar
    Quite ironic coming from Shoaib Akhtar. This guy, of all people, should be aware of the fact that when rapidly gathering some lethal rhythm, a bowler becomes unplayable but it's just not possible to sustain it permanently and just as quickly, you can lose that form.

Hasan is an unbelievable prospect. Has the heart of a lion. Need to keep backing him.

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t understand one thing who are these ex-cricketers to say who should play or get dropped. Its up to the management team and Captain to decide. I dont like past cricketers making comments on current players. Hassan ali is young and still learning and will become a world class bowler but he needs time. Shoaib was a injury prone half of his career he couldn’t play due to his fitness. He should encourage players not discourage.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hasan is the best bowler PK has, Shoaib's words must have been taken out of context

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one is above the country. No more arguments about being "talented", you don't perform you are out.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    No one is above the country. No more arguments about being "talented", you don't perform you are out.
    Players don't perform every series. You want players to come in and out like a marry-go-round?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Bluestone View Post
    Players don't perform every series. You want players to come in and out like a marry-go-round?
    give chance to those who are performing in domestic. Just because someone has "talent" you can't playing them and costing the series. The praise which he has got so far according to that he should make impact in every game. I believe he is not an average player but asia cup performance suggest below average performance.

Same logic was applied on UA and the clown cost pakistan many games/series/Cups.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    give chance to those who are performing in domestic. Just because someone has "talent" you can't playing them and costing the series. The praise which he has got so far according to that he should make impact in every game. I believe he is not an average player but asia cup performance suggest below average performance.

Same logic was applied on UA and the clown cost pakistan many games/series/Cups.
    But how many matches have been poor for Hasan Ali exactly?

Hasan Ali is the best you have, and domestic is not indicative of international success. Sports isn't a small good patch and you play him, or a small bad patch and you sit, it's a cross-sectional, longitudinal analysis of everything.

Not only that, but how bad has Hasan Ali been? He's not getting 5 wicket hauls, sure, but he's still getting a couple wickets a match. A mediocre Asia cup ie 4 matches and you sit him and ignore his other 50+ innings?

You cannot win with dropping guys after a failure of a series. You drop them when they consistently fail over the course of many series and look lost out there. That is what we should do with our holier than thou captain, but Hasan Ali is far from the axe. Can't even compare Akmal who literally had 2-3 match winning performances with Ali who has been your best bowler for about 2 years now.

Umar got a long leash after years of terrible play, not one series.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think he's going to lose his place soon. He's already not really good enough to get in to the T20 team on merit, playing more down to his ODI exploits, if you're going 8 or 9 an over most games in T20 it's not good. Amir on the other hand probably dropped due to not performing in ODIs, yet was probably still good enough for his T20 spot. Having said that the Amir drop isn't so much of an issue, time away can help him get better and there's no T20 world cup soon, The ODI world cup is priority.

Even in ODIs this year hasn't been incredible. Might be good for him to be rested for a while and work on a few things. Yes he was an incredible bowler a year back, but what we're seeing now really doesn't look like the same level. Maybe it's injury troubles, maybe he needs to sort out things with his bowling, but something's wrong.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ads101 View Post
    I think he's going to lose his place soon. He's already not really good enough to get in to the T20 team on merit, playing more down to his ODI exploits, if you're going 8 or 9 an over most games in T20 it's not good. Amir on the other hand probably dropped due to not performing in ODIs, yet was probably still good enough for his T20 spot. Having said that the Amir drop isn't so much of an issue, time away can help him get better and there's no T20 world cup soon, The ODI world cup is priority.

Even in ODIs this year hasn't been incredible. Might be good for him to be rested for a while and work on a few things. Yes he was an incredible bowler a year back, but what we're seeing now really doesn't look like the same level. Maybe it's injury troubles, maybe he needs to sort out things with his bowling, but something's wrong.
    To be honest I think he’s bowled well in both these T20’s. He bowled well today but didn’t have much to show for it. Had Coulter-Nile bowled, but the bails didn’t move. Then should have had Maxwell too, if Hafeez hadn’t dropped a dolly. Shadab dropped a tough chance of Maxwell off his bowling too. So, he didn’t do too bad, just unlucky

You are not a drop in the ocean - You are the entire ocean in a drop
    - Rumi

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    His pace was up today. Has good slower ones. An asset to the team.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bowled pretty well today. Shouldn't just look at the stats all the time. Was reverse swinging it and his pace was up. He's fine.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any player not doing well should be dropped after a while. Why pick on Hassan Ali alone?

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hadi actually ruined his bowling fugures today.