Instagram

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 34 of 34
  1. #1
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    10,224
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Pakistan will never again fight someone else's war, PM Khan vows during Defence Day speech

    A ceremony to commemorate Pakistan's 53rd Defence Day and pay tribute to the martyrs of the 1965 war was held at the General Headquarters (GHQ) in Rawalpindi.

    Prime Minister Imran Khan accompanied by First Lady Bushra Imran was in attendance along with Army Chief General Qamar Bajwa and other civil and military leaders.

    Also in attendance were school children, family members of the martyrs and people from different walks of life, including parliamentarians, media representatives, celebrities and sportsmen.

    A smartly outfitted group of soldiers put on an enthralling march performance to the tune of traditional songs played by the marching band of the armed forces.

    Following the performance, Gen Bajwa took the stage to deliver his address on the occasion, after which the chief guest, PM Imran Khan was invited to speak.

    Strong rule of law needed to prosper as a nation, says PM Khan

    PM Imran Khan addresses the ceremony.
    Addressing the ceremony as the chief guest, PM Khan mentioned that Pakistan Army was the "only institution (in the country) that works on the basis of merit".

    "We will bring this meritocracy to all fields in the country in order to help us prosper as a nation," the premier vowed.

    The prime minister also mentioned that all fields in the country including agriculture will prosper once we develop a strong rule of law in the country.

    PM Khan took advantage of the occasion to clarify that there was no such thing as civil-military tension, "there is one common goal, that is to solve the problems of this nation".

    “This nation will rise when the poor man knows that his son is getting quality education on the state's expense and that education will open opportunities for his son to achieve success in life. That is when the common man will want to become part of this system and own it,” the prime minister said.

    “For the past three weeks, I have been seeing presentations on all the problems that this country is facing, and I can tell you this that we will become a nation and rise again. We can overcome these problems once we strengthen the rule of law in this country," PM Khan said.

    Going back to the history of Islam, PM Khan said that we need to look at the way Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) brought together different tribes to form a nation.

    “We need to look back and see what Prophet (PBUH) did in order to bring those people together to form a nation so strong that they ruled the world for centuries."

    'Sacrifices of valiant soldiers will not go unacknowledged'

    "All of you gathered here today gives credence to the fact that we are all united in our efforts to defend Pakistan," said Gen Bajwa while addressing the ceremony.

    "September 6, 1965, is an important day in the history of our nation. It is the day when the armed forces, with the full support of the nation, defeated an evil adversary. Every Pakistani was the nation's soldier. We were all united to defend our country and played our respective roles. Our soldiers jumped into the fiery pits of warfare but did not let our nation be harmed," he said, adding that the bravery shown by our nation during the 65 war serves as an important lesson and an inspiration to our youth even today.

    "We have learned a lot from the wars of 65 and 71. We were able to further strengthen our defence forces in the wake of these wars. Despite difficult economic times, we were able to become an atomic power.

    "Then began the period of non-traditional warfare. Over the past two decades, a wave of terrorism swept the world. The characteristics of war were forever changed. Unfortunately, Pakistan also found itself in the crosshairs of this new war.

    "Our armed forces and the entire nation have learned much during their service to Pakistan. Fear and terrorism were thrust upon us. Our homes, schools, places of worship, recreational sites and national institutions were attacked.

    "Efforts were made to weaken and divide us from within. But I salute all the citizens of Pakistan and the ones safeguarding our nation who fought remarkably in these difficult times and stood against such elements.

    "We have all successfully fought against this extremist narrative. In this war, more than 76,000 Pakistanis were martyred or injured. To remember these sacrifices we not only celebrate Defence Day but since 2014 also celebrate Martyr's Day.

    "We have sacrificed a lot but our job is not done. The war is still ongoing. We have yet to reach the pinnacle of peace. We have to make Pakistan reach a level where no one can look at us with an evil intent," Gen Bajwa said in his stirring speech.

    Comedian Umar Sharif in attendance at the Defence Day ceremony.
    The army chief went on to say that for the country's stability and progress, democracy is of utmost importance. "Democracy cannot blossom without observing the democratic traditions in true spirit and without the strengthening of institutions," he maintained.

    "We have set on this path ten years ago," he said adding that: "Today we are more united and more resolute. This is a message that Pakistanis are not ones to fear any crisis and will soar to new heights soon."

    Prominent politicians including Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi, Defence Minister Pervez Khattak, Railways Minister Sheikh Rashid, Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry, PML-N President Shahbaz Sharif, and PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto were also present along with senior military leadership.

    The chiefs of Navy and Air Force also attended the ceremony along with several diplomats and ambassadors.

    In addition, sports personalities including cricketers Shahid Afridi and Zaheer Abbas along with Olympian Shahbaz Senior and squash champion Jahangir Khan were seen among those attending.

    Among those to host the event were Humayun Saeed, Maya Ali and Hareem Farooq.

    The ceremony began with a recitation of the Holy Quran, followed by the national anthem.

    A short film showing the families of martyred soldiers remembering their sons left members of the audience in tears.

    Singer Sahir Ali Bagga opened the ceremony with a patriotic song, as a video paying tribute to the armed forces played in the background.

    A moving video showcasing Rahat Fateh Ali Khan's vocal prowess was also played.

    Other entertainers also took the stage as the evening progressed, and a series of short films and videos were shown to the audience.

    Earlier today, Defence Day was commemorated with traditional fervour and solemnity across the country, beginning with special prayers for the progress and prosperity of Pakistan.

    Change of guard ceremonies were held at the mausoleums of Allama Iqbal in Lahore and Quaid-i-Azam in Karachi, and a ceremony at the Pakistan Navy headquarters in Islamabad.

    https://www.dawn.com/news/1431324/pa...nce-day-speech


    “It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.”
    ― Imran Khan

  2. #2
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    10,224
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    COAS Speech


    PM Speech


    “It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.”
    ― Imran Khan

  3. #3
    Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    10,500
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Khan's speech was really good once again, no artificial speech delivery just for formality. most focus on how nations are built, civil military relationships and tribute to soldiers.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    75,386
    Mentioned
    4851 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately that has always been our problem. Does this mean we will finally stop poking our nose in Kashmir? Unless of course the great khan is lying through his teeth as usual, as per the norm.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    9,729
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Unfortunately that has always been our problem. Does this mean we will finally stop poking our nose in Kashmir? Unless of course the great khan is lying through his teeth as usual, as per the norm.
    What are you on about now!! Are you that desperate for attention... seriously?

  6. #6
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    17,587
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Unfortunately that has always been our problem. Does this mean we will finally stop poking our nose in Kashmir? Unless of course the great khan is lying through his teeth as usual, as per the norm.
    Kashmir is your war to be fair.

    Palestine isn't. In the past, Pakistan has sent its Air Force to fight on behalf of the Arabs. That should never be the case again.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    75,386
    Mentioned
    4851 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Kashmir is your war to be fair.

    Palestine isn't. In the past, Pakistan has sent its Air Force to fight on behalf of the Arabs. That should never be the case again.
    It isn’t. That is the propaganda that we have been fed. J&K is an Indian state and not Pakistan’s business. The Kashmiris who live there are not Pakistanis and not our problem.

    What good has come out of our interference in Kashmir and how has it benefited us in any way?

  8. #8
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    9,729
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    It isn’t. That is the propaganda that we have been fed. J&K is an Indian state and not Pakistan’s business. The Kashmiris who live there are not Pakistanis and not our problem.

    What good has come out of our interference in Kashmir and how has it benefited us in any way?
    And you want to be part of Pakistani civil service.... goodness me.

    When you get corrected by an Indian, you should realise how much of a fantasist you have become.

    From offering your services to corrupt criminals to now this...

  9. #9
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    75,386
    Mentioned
    4851 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    And you want to be part of Pakistani civil service.... goodness me.

    When you get corrected by an Indian, you should realise how much of a fantasist you have become.

    From offering your services to corrupt criminals to now this...
    You can say what you want and peddle the propaganda further, but I will insist that J&K Kashmiris are not our concern and our involvement has not benefited us.

    This issue will never be resolved and we need to leave it to India and the J&K people to sort it out between them.

    Pakistan will never get an inch of that state and we must accept the reality of the situation, and instead focus on improving what we already have.

    We are one of the worst countries in the world when it comes to treatment of minorities, and we cannot even appoint one of the best economists in the world because of his Ahmadi faith, yet we are fighting other people’s war and brushing ourselves over false dawns of bringing J&K into our fold.

    Pretty much sums up the pathetic state of our country and why we will continue to regress.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    35,669
    Mentioned
    1653 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    God how can one be so desperate for attention? Thank God my life is alot more meaningful that I don't require gratification and attention over an internet forum.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    10,500
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    God how can one be so desperate for attention? Thank God my life is alot more meaningful that I don't require gratification and attention over an internet forum.
    Perfectly summed up, unbelievable greed for attention

  12. #12
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    23,041
    Mentioned
    313 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Never thought i would see a day in my life where a Pakistani would say J&K belongs to India. Well these surely are the end times.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    874
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Never thought i would see a day in my life where a Pakistani would say J&K belongs to India. Well these surely are the end times.
    A Pashtun Pakistani whose one attempt at phonetically spelling out a word in Pushto was a major failure.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    9,729
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Never thought i would see a day in my life where a Pakistani would say J&K belongs to India. Well these surely are the end times.
    Don't indulge him..... he's desperately seeking for attention. IK victory has left him unhinged.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    75,386
    Mentioned
    4851 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asim_khan View Post
    A Pashtun Pakistani whose one attempt at phonetically spelling out a word in Pushto was a major failure.
    Apologies for raining your parade, but no that did not happen.

    There was a debate over the spelling of the word ‘car’ in Pashto, and the poster who objected the spelling ran away after I provided the explanation and rationale behind the spelling.

    Ultimately, it proved to be a difference in dialect, and my spelling was also verified by a fellow Pakistani Pashtun.

    If you want to indulge in cheap point scoring, I am sure there is plenty of available material on this forum that you can use against me, but it will be advisable to do some research beforehand if you don’t want your attempts to end in major failure.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    75,386
    Mentioned
    4851 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Never thought i would see a day in my life where a Pakistani would say J&K belongs to India. Well these surely are the end times.
    I am really sorry if you feel that way, but we need to understand that interfering in this conflict has done no good for us.

    It is a burden on our economy, and has also given the military too much power and influence on Pakistan’s foreign policy. Military interference in the politics of Pakistan is the biggest reason why we have not progressed economically.

    The reason why they are able to interfere is because they hold all the cards and thrive in chaos.

    We have a real war with India coming up, thanks to the inevitable water crisis that will hit Pakistan in the future. That is what we need to fight for.

    I have sympathy for the people of J&K, and I do wish that the issue is resolved according to their wishes, but please don’t think for one second that Pakistan is fighting for the people of J&K and that it actually cares about you people.

    The only reason why Pakistan is interfering in this conflict is because of its own benefit. If a miracle happens and J&K falls into our hands, Pakistan will benefit economically. It does not care about you people.

    If a situation arises where Pakistan have to inflict misery on the people of Kashmir for its own benefit, it will not hesitate to do.

    The atrocities and the crimes that we have committed in East Pakistan are greater than what India is doing in Kashmir today, and we will not hesitate in doing that to you if you we feel that it will benefit us.

    This is not about the rights of the people of Kashmir. This is just a power struggle and an attempt to boost the economy of Pakistan.

    Social media warriors will come and go, people will be born and people will die, but Pakistan will not get an inch of J&K, and this delusional conquest will be the end of Pakistan if we don’t mend our ways.

    We need to revamp our foreign policy and focus on what we have. If we don’t do that, we will be wiped out in a hundred years or will be on our knees, hoping for dropping from above in the form of aid.

    Please don’t think that people in Pakistan who oppose involvement in the Kashmir conflict don’t care about the betterment of the people of Kashmir. I would argue that these people are more sincere and sympathetic than the people who are pretending to fight for Kashmir because of their own greed and vested interests.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    2,345
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    I am really sorry if you feel that way, but we need to understand that interfering in this conflict has done no good for us.

    It is a burden on our economy, and has also given the military too much power and influence on Pakistan’s foreign policy. Military interference in the politics of Pakistan is the biggest reason why we have not progressed economically.

    The reason why they are able to interfere is because they hold all the cards and thrive in chaos.

    We have a real war with India coming up, thanks to the inevitable water crisis that will hit Pakistan in the future. That is what we need to fight for.

    I have sympathy for the people of J&K, and I do wish that the issue is resolved according to their wishes, but please don’t think for one second that Pakistan is fighting for the people of J&K and that it actually cares about you people.

    The only reason why Pakistan is interfering in this conflict is because of its own benefit. If a miracle happens and J&K falls into our hands, Pakistan will benefit economically. It does not care about you people.

    If a situation arises where Pakistan have to inflict misery on the people of Kashmir for its own benefit, it will not hesitate to do.

    The atrocities and the crimes that we have committed in East Pakistan are greater than what India is doing in Kashmir today, and we will not hesitate in doing that to you if you we feel that it will benefit us.

    This is not about the rights of the people of Kashmir. This is just a power struggle and an attempt to boost the economy of Pakistan.

    Social media warriors will come and go, people will be born and people will die, but Pakistan will not get an inch of J&K, and this delusional conquest will be the end of Pakistan if we don’t mend our ways.

    We need to revamp our foreign policy and focus on what we have. If we don’t do that, we will be wiped out in a hundred years or will be on our knees, hoping for dropping from above in the form of aid.

    Please don’t think that people in Pakistan who oppose involvement in the Kashmir conflict don’t care about the betterment of the people of Kashmir. I would argue that these people are more sincere and sympathetic than the people who are pretending to fight for Kashmir because of their own greed and vested interests.
    Tall claims and no substance .. that's what I get from your posts on Kashmir. The way you talk about Kashmir is as if you are an expert of it.
    And, equating Bangladesh war atrocities with the atrocities in Kashmir is as ridiculous as it gets. Btw what qualifies you to make this comparison?? Are you a Kashmiri or hv u even lived for a day under Indian occupation in Kashmir??

  18. #18
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Mumbai
    Runs
    500
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Never thought i would see a day in my life where a Pakistani would say J&K belongs to India. Well these surely are the end times.
    what is wrong about it? J and K is not a part of Pakistan and is none of Pakistan's business so from that pov he is right and it is the sensible thing to accept so that It might behoove you to look toward things you can actually improve and change in your country rather than addressing a status quo that will likely not change at all regardless of what you want to believe. It hasn't changed in 70 years and has only become less likely. Many Pakistanis who are coming to this realization are right in thinking this and wishing to just move on rather than making this a political issue.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    1,670
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Never thought i would see a day in my life where a Pakistani would say J&K belongs to India. Well these surely are the end times.
    You are taking that guy seriously who wants to wear black arm band on 14th August Seriously?


    140 characters from Lala's keyboard, it’s as if he’s launched 140 nuclear missiles on India.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    35,669
    Mentioned
    1653 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asim_khan View Post
    A Pashtun Pakistani whose one attempt at phonetically spelling out a word in Pushto was a major failure.
    That was a fail of epic proportions... To make matters worse he was making fun of my English just two posts before that and then struggled to write a single word in his native language.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    75,386
    Mentioned
    4851 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    That was a fail of epic proportions... To make matters worse he was making fun of my English just two posts before that and then struggled to write a single word in his native language.
    Read post #15 before doing bhangra.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    75,386
    Mentioned
    4851 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaaik View Post
    Tall claims and no substance .. that's what I get from your posts on Kashmir. The way you talk about Kashmir is as if you are an expert of it.
    And, equating Bangladesh war atrocities with the atrocities in Kashmir is as ridiculous as it gets. Btw what qualifies you to make this comparison?? Are you a Kashmiri or hv u even lived for a day under Indian occupation in Kashmir??
    My apologies. You are right, our military treated Bangladeshis with utmost respect and dignity, and the fact that we lost control of East Pakistan had nothing to do with our discrimination and everything to do with Indian propaganda.

    India should learn from Pakistan’s treatment of East Pakistan before committing atrocities in Kashmir. In fact, Pakistan’s treatment of East Pakistan should be a model for all countries on how to treat a minority state.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    4,110
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    My apologies. You are right, our military treated Bangladeshis with utmost respect and dignity, and the fact that we lost control of East Pakistan had nothing to do with our discrimination and everything to do with Indian propaganda.

    India should learn from Pakistan’s treatment of East Pakistan before committing atrocities in Kashmir. In fact, Pakistan’s treatment of East Pakistan should be a model for all countries on how to treat a minority state.
    What Pakistan did to Bangladeshis was nothing short of war crimes.

    India however did play a part to instigate the flames however they did not create the division. That was solely the fault of Pakistani politicians and the military who opted for greed over principle.

    At the same time it can not be forgotten that India funded, trained, and armed separatists.

    If India are seen as heroes for liberating Bangladeshis, why do they point fingers at Pakistan for doing the same in Kashmir?

    What India is doing right now in Kashmir is nothing short of war crimes. Do Kashmiris not deserve the same freedom that Bangladeshis got?

  24. #24
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    75,386
    Mentioned
    4851 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    @blackanhyellow

    There is no doubt that India played a villainous role in East Pakistan, but it bore fruit because it did not take long for Pakistan to lose control of East Pakistan, thanks to the stupidity of government and the military.

    However, this Kashmir conflict has been going on for 70 years and there is no end in sight. When is this going to end, and for how long will we partake in this endless war? For how long will we fund terrorists and insurgencies in Kashmir?

    Absolutely nothing good has come out of our involvement in J&K. It is a burden on our economy, it is encouraging India to fund terrorism in Pakistan and it has given the military excessive influence on our foreign policy as well as our domestic affairs.

    We cannot sustain this status quo for another 50 years because we have bigger and more pertinent issues on the horizon. Is it not time to revisit our foreign policy and learn from the mistakes we have made since our inception?

    I do hope that Kashmiris eventually get the freedom that they so desire, but we also need to understand that the people of J&K are not Pakistanis, and we are ultimately fighting a war for people that do not belong to us.

    Pakistan is among the very few countries in the world that lacks the capacity and the intelligence to learn from its past mistakes.

    Throughout our wretched history, we have focused on the wrong issues, picked up the wrong fights, waged the wrong wars, made the wrong friends and the wrong enemies. As a nation, it is time for us to wake up.

    If we continue to channel our energies over irrelevant issues such as who is a true Muslim, Ahmadiyya, what is blasphemy and what is not, “gustakh-e-rasul” and “khatm-e-nabuwat”, giving useless fatwas and fighting the wars of others, our state and fate as a country will not change and we will continue to regress and head towards an officially declared failed state.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    2,345
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    My apologies. You are right, our military treated Bangladeshis with utmost respect and dignity, and the fact that we lost control of East Pakistan had nothing to do with our discrimination and everything to do with Indian propaganda.

    India should learn from Pakistan’s treatment of East Pakistan before committing atrocities in Kashmir. In fact, Pakistan’s treatment of East Pakistan should be a model for all countries on how to treat a minority state.
    My question was about the atrocities that India has been committing in Kashmir for last 70 years and how is that relevant to what supposedly Pakistan did to Bangalis in 70s. Trust me you don't know a thing about the happenings in Kashmir, had u known you would hv never compared the two.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    6,432
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at attention seekers here . Khan is lying and then always speak the truth.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    6,188
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Unfortunately that has always been our problem. Does this mean we will finally stop poking our nose in Kashmir? Unless of course the great khan is lying through his teeth as usual, as per the norm.
    I don't get you man.

    Tho pir Imran Khan ko vote kyu dala tha? Izzat dati vote ko tab! You sit here and cry about PM Imran Khan in every thread but on election day you came running on PP telling everyone "oh look I voted for PTI."

    You seem to be in denial. Cut the attention seeking crap.

    Coming to the OP, absolutely agree that we shouldn't be fighting anyone's war. This war on terror has hurt Pakistan a lot, it has set us back at least 15 years in terms of development.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    75,386
    Mentioned
    4851 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaaik View Post
    My question was about the atrocities that India has been committing in Kashmir for last 70 years and how is that relevant to what supposedly Pakistan did to Bangalis in 70s. Trust me you don't know a thing about the happenings in Kashmir, had u known you would hv never compared the two.
    Our fauji jawaan raped Bengali women. What atrocity can be worse than this? The fact that you are undermining the atrocities that our government/military committed in East Pakistan shows that you have no idea what happened there, and have been fed an alternative, fabricated version of history.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    75,386
    Mentioned
    4851 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmkextreme_1 View Post
    I don't get you man.

    Tho pir Imran Khan ko vote kyu dala tha? Izzat dati vote ko tab! You sit here and cry about PM Imran Khan in every thread but on election day you came running on PP telling everyone "oh look I voted for PTI."

    You seem to be in denial. Cut the attention seeking crap.

    Coming to the OP, absolutely agree that we shouldn't be fighting anyone's war. This war on terror has hurt Pakistan a lot, it has set us back at least 15 years in terms of development.
    I made a mistake. I regret voting for this party of cowards that does not have the guts to stand up against extremism and bigotry. It is my fault. I should have known better after the last five years.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Mumbai
    Runs
    500
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    I made a mistake. I regret voting for this party of cowards that does not have the guts to stand up against extremism and bigotry. It is my fault. I should have known better after the last five years.
    what's done is done man. why not wait n see what happens in 5 years time. for all your complaining i dont understand why you caved under pressure and voted for them. You don't seem like the sort to abandon what you believe in because someone in your family told you to.

  31. #31
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    23,810
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    IK is clearly referring to the war on terror in the OP, not sure why it has been diverted to Kashmir, which has never been someone else's war even in the loosest sense of the term. This attempt at deflection looks feeble at best.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  32. #32
    Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    2,345
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Our fauji jawaan raped Bengali women. What atrocity can be worse than this? The fact that you are undermining the atrocities that our government/military committed in East Pakistan shows that you have no idea what happened there, and have been fed an alternative, fabricated version of history.
    Who said I am undermining the events that unfolded in bangla independence war?? My question was how do you know about the atrocities that india is committing in Kashmir and on what basis are you drawing a comparison between the two.. plain and simple??

  33. #33
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    859
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan is too busy fighting Khadim Rizvi's war right now. How would we fight foreign pressure when a single terrorist at home seems invincible?

  34. #34
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    4,110
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    @blackanhyellow

    There is no doubt that India played a villainous role in East Pakistan, but it bore fruit because it did not take long for Pakistan to lose control of East Pakistan, thanks to the stupidity of government and the military.

    However, this Kashmir conflict has been going on for 70 years and there is no end in sight. When is this going to end, and for how long will we partake in this endless war? For how long will we fund terrorists and insurgencies in Kashmir?

    Absolutely nothing good has come out of our involvement in J&K. It is a burden on our economy, it is encouraging India to fund terrorism in Pakistan and it has given the military excessive influence on our foreign policy as well as our domestic affairs.

    We cannot sustain this status quo for another 50 years because we have bigger and more pertinent issues on the horizon. Is it not time to revisit our foreign policy and learn from the mistakes we have made since our inception?

    I do hope that Kashmiris eventually get the freedom that they so desire, but we also need to understand that the people of J&K are not Pakistanis, and we are ultimately fighting a war for people that do not belong to us.

    Pakistan is among the very few countries in the world that lacks the capacity and the intelligence to learn from its past mistakes.

    Throughout our wretched history, we have focused on the wrong issues, picked up the wrong fights, waged the wrong wars, made the wrong friends and the wrong enemies. As a nation, it is time for us to wake up.

    If we continue to channel our energies over irrelevant issues such as who is a true Muslim, Ahmadiyya, what is blasphemy and what is not, “gustakh-e-rasul” and “khatm-e-nabuwat”, giving useless fatwas and fighting the wars of others, our state and fate as a country will not change and we will continue to regress and head towards an officially declared failed state.
    First there is the Pakistani narrative, in which we have lost no wars and our history is a pure one.

    Then there is an Indian / other narrative in which we are the most evil people in the world, and everything wrong that happens in India is our fault.

    The reality is somewhere in the middle.

    So when you say "wretched" history, take a look at our neighbor's history. Funding seperatists/terrorists in Bangladesh and then again in Sri Lanka. Now they are again doing it in Balochistan.

    Take a look at Afghanistan's history, who attempted to destabilize Pakistan and even attempted to instigate seperatists. They also tried a small scale invasion. This was way before the Soviet invasion or Pakistan's meddling in Afghanistan.

    You see, our neighbors have been using these tactics of proxy wars against us before we even knew what these tactics were.

    Yes Pakistan military made mistakes and in the long run all of these things did great harm to our country.

    But it isnt always black and white, if your neighbor comes into your house with a gun, you better shoot him first. This is the policy that Pakistan adopted since.

    But sure, go ahead, as a "liberal" Pakistani, go on the internet and be influenced by the Indian propaganda that says Pakistan is a stain on the world and that Mother India is the epitome of tolerance, freedom and democracy.

    The same can be said for Murica.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •