Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Atif Mian asked to step down from the Economic Advisory Council : Faisal Javed Khan

It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.
    ― Imran Khan

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Really disappointed, I wanted PTI to stick to their guns on this. I guess this was expected, the Mullah brigade were in full swing and things were getting dangerous for PTI leaders. The vast majority of PTI supporters were also not happy with Atif Mian being appointed, including some reasonably educated people living in urban Pakistan.

Really sad to see, but at least PTI tried.

It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.
    ― Imran Khan

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hussain.r97 View Post
    Really disappointed, I wanted PTI to stick to their guns on this. I guess this was expected, the Mullah brigade were in full swing and things were getting dangerous for PTI leaders. The vast majority of PTI supporters were also not happy with Atif Mian being appointed, including some reasonably educated people living in urban Pakistan.

It is sad to see indeed. For some reason, even the most hardcore PTI supporters were also against this decision and whole opposition was united. Khadim was turning this into another glory hunting exercise. You can even fight these extremists but when your own people don't stand with you then you can't do much.

Chalo Islam aaj bach gaya, let them celebrate this great victory. Amazing how 99% of people feel threatened by less than 1% minority

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What happened to..."We should not bow down to extremists"

Not even a month in power with a popular mandate and already bowing down. But lets not forget that IK himself politicized the Khatm-e-Nabuwat issue and used it for political advantage.

The chicken have come home to roost....

“I am not young enough to know everything.”

― Oscar Wilde

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waseem View Post
    It is sad to see indeed. For some reason, even the most hardcore PTI supporters were also against this decision and whole opposition was united. Khadim was turning this into another glory hunting exercise. You can even fight these extremists but when your own people don't stand with you then you can't do much.

Chalo Islam aaj bach gaya, let them celebrate this great victory. Amazing how 99% of people feel threatened by less than 1% minority
    I don't understand. If these people so strongly believe that Islam is the absolute truth, then why are they so scared of a man belonging, such a small group of people, and someone who is probably never going to address the media, let alone promote his faith?

I really hope that, even after Atif Mian resigning from his post, PTI uses his assistance behind closed doors. Atif Mian is a brilliant mind, and his advise could help Pakistan immensely.

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand. If these people so strongly believe that Islam is the absolute truth, then why are they so scared of a man belonging, such a small group of people, and someone who is probably never going to address the media, let alone promote his faith?

I really hope that, even after Atif Mian resigning from his post, PTI uses his assistance behind closed doors. Atif Mian is a brilliant mind, and his advise could help Pakistan immensely.
    Can't use the Khatma-e-Nabuwat issue for your own advantage and in turn give power to the extremists and then when in power expect that those same extremists will stay silent. Can't have it both ways.

“I am not young enough to know everything.”

― Oscar Wilde

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dissapointing.

2 days ago we will not bow down to extremists and now this.

Aur batain Quaid k Pakistan ki jahan Sir Zafar Ullah Khan foreign minister thay.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was expected. Almost everyone was against his selection.

140 characters from Lala's keyboard, its as if hes launched 140 nuclear missiles on India.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some? You should say many. Even educated people like docters, lawyers, judges, engineers were against his selection.

140 characters from Lala's keyboard, its as if hes launched 140 nuclear missiles on India.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Btw Year 2538: Muslims still fighting on who is a 'true' Muslim and who is not jab kay dunya kahan sai kahan pohanch gaye

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermoine Green View Post
    Some? You should say many. Even educated people like docters, lawyers, judges, engineers were against his selection.
    Well yeah, actually the majority of them. And the funny thing is that they create their own twisted, more educated sounding logic to justify being against his appointment.

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    The Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) government has asked Princeton University economist Atif R. Mian to step down from the Prime Minister Imran Khan-led Economic Advisory Council (EAC), PTI Senator Faisal Javed Khan announced.

The decision follows mounting pressure from religiopolitical parties against the appointment of Dr Mian, who is an Ahmadi.

According to a Friday morning tweet by Senator Javed, Mian has agreed to give up his position on the council. A replacement will be announced later, he added.

Minister of Information Fawad Chaudhary later confirmed the development, saying the government has decided to withdraw the nomination of Dr Mian from the EAC because it wants to avoid division.

"The government wants to move forward alongside scholars and all social groups, and it is inappropriate if a single nomination creates an impression to the contrary," he tweeted.

In a second tweet, Chaudhry said the ideal state, according to Prime Minister Khan, is of Madina and that the premier and members of his cabinet hold Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) in high esteem.

"Khatm-i-Nabuwwat [belief in the finality of the prophethood] is a part of our faith and the recent success achieved by the government in the matter of blasphemous sketches is reflective of the same connection," he wrote.

The appointment of Dr Mian of Princeton University (Department of Member Economics and Woodrow Wilson School of Public Policy) to the 18-member EAC set up to advise the government on economic policy was opposed by some individuals and groups, including Tehreek-i-Labbaik Pakistan (TLP), who objected to his Ahmadi faith.

The news of his removal from the body comes as a surprise since the PTI government had only three days ago defended the academic's nomination, saying in categorical terms that it will "not bow to extremists".

"Pakistan belongs as much to minorities as it does to the majority," Information Minister Chaudhary had told a press conference in Islamabad, amidst a vicious online campaign targeting Dr Mian for his Ahmadiyya faith.

Chaudhry had taken to Twitter to recall that "Quaid e Azam Mohammad Ali Jinnah appointed Sir Zafar Ullah [also an Ahmadi] as Foreign minister of Pakistan; we'll follow [the] principles of Mr Jinnah, not of extremists."

His thoughts were echoed by Minister of Human Rights Shireen Mazari, who tweeted: "Exactly. Well put indeed. Time to reclaim space for the Quaid's Pakistan!".

Smear campaign

A social media smear campaign had erupted against the economist's appointment, with many calling for his removal.

A call-to-attention notice had also been submitted in the Senate by opposition parties against Mian's inclusion in the EAC. The notice bore the signatures of the PML-N, Muttahida Majlis-i-Amal and the Pakhtunkhwa Milli Awami Party members.

No member of the PPP had signed the document, with the party making it clear that it would not be part of a witch-hunt based on someone's faith.

A large number of detractors had also shown support for Mian, saying that one's religion should not factor into their professional qualifications or employment.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1431495

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Extremely disappointing. I was hoping PTI would put up more of a fight, but I guess they didn't want to deal with the Mullah party coming out for dharnas.

It was really disappointing how the nation reacted. Though it was good to see how many stood by this decision and didn't see anything wrong with it, Education is a wonderful thing.

Atif Mian was the best we had. I am hopeful he will continue to work for the council in an unofficial role.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7356 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahdi View Post
    Extremely disappointing. I was hoping PTI would put up more of a fight, but I guess they didn't want to deal with the Mullah party coming out for dharnas.

It was really disappointing how the nation reacted. Though it was good to see how many stood by this decision and didn't see anything wrong with it, Education is a wonderful thing.

Atif Mian was the best we had. I am hopeful he will continue to work for the council in an unofficial role.
    Yeah, hope this announcement was only to diffuse the situation an he keeps working anonymously.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    They should appoint Khadim Rizvi to the economic council. I remember hearing his economic plan on TV, it was wonderful. He wanted to run the country on chanda and Allah's blessings, exactly what Pakistan deserves.

― Imran Khan

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Well yeah, actually the majority of them. And the funny thing is that they create their own twisted, more educated sounding logic to justify being against his appointment.
    I actually have a different experience. Almost all the people I know stood by this decision and didn't see anything wrong in it. These are educated people and I can confidently say that 80% of them were not against this appointment. As much as some people like to paint a backwards and extreme picture of Pakistan I see us moving forward as the population becomes more educated.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1678 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    PTI has done what the majority of their supporters probably want.

Remember, PTI did not invent the hostility against Ahmedis - they arent social scientists - their job is to run the govt.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cowardly. Seriously cowardly. Very very disappointing.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahdi View Post
    I actually have a different experience. Almost all the people I know stood by this decision and didn't see anything wrong in it. These are educated people and I can confidently say that 80% of them were not against this appointment. As much as some people like to paint a backwards and extreme picture of Pakistan I see us moving forward as the population becomes more educated.
    I don't personally know anyone in my circle or family who were against his appointment, but I talk more about the people I know from PTI Campaign groups as well as twitter. Many of them are supposed to be educated, but the majority were against this appointment.

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is also the risk that some dumb **** would have tried to kill him. It's not worth the man's life if he can essentially do the same job from behind the scenes.

I feel bad for PTI having to deal with a bunch of utter plebs.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For goodness sake, Atif Mian was appointed on perfect merit in an "economic" field of work, not some religious council.

I think the pathetic Khadim Rizwi and his useless supporters have never read the translation of Surah Al-Kafirun in Quran.

These type of people like Rizwi are Muslims by name, not by practice.

PTI should have shown some courage. Forget about saving the Government, standing against oppression is what Quran explains us several times.
    Last edited by Manager101; 7th September 2018 at 06:30.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disappointing. Should have sticked to their decision.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should appoint Khadim Rizvi to the economic council. I remember hearing his economic plan on TV, it was wonderful. He wanted to run the country on chanda and Allah's blessings, exactly what Pakistan deserves.
    Very bad decision from PTI giving into these fanatics. This is PTI's Faizabad. What a fiasco.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    PTI has done what the majority of their supporters probably want.

Remember, PTI did not invent the hostility against Ahmedis - they arent social scientists - their job is to run the govt.
    Then they shouldn't run their campaign with the slogan of changing Pakistan if they can't even stand up for basic human rights. They should be rightly criticised for this cowardly act.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It finally looked like PTI were coming out of that helicopter and austerity rubbish and were finally onto something good, but now this .... This is going to cast a huge shadow over everything they do for a long time.

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    But but but don't call him Taliban Khan.

Imran Khan is and always be hot air. He has taken the country for a ride and this is only the beginning. Expect more "compromises" and u-turns in the future instead of reforms and bold steps.

He has no spine to stand against extremism or to stay true to his word. This will be the first of the many feathers in his cap.

Welcome to Naya Pakistan.

But but but it is okay as long as he is not corrupt.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he's full of hot air why's his cancer hospital still admitting atleast 70% of its poor patients and treating them for free, 25 years later after he said as much.

Why are so many girls from waziristan studying for free alongside men in namal knowledge city?

@Mamoon, there's a reasonably intelligent man in you somewhere, learn to bring him to the fore and you wouldn't embarrass yourself. There's a lot of factors in this decision, if you seriously think it's as simple and as black and white as you've said, you're no better than the likes of Rizvi.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand how anyone can defend PTI on this. A cowardly move to avoid antagonism from the mullahs and social groups. I mean you are the ruling party for God's sake. If anyone tries to antagonize the govt. you have the power to put them in their place. If PTI's govt. is going to be more of the same u-turns and empty promises, I don't expect anything to change.

Grow some guts, PTI. Where is the tabdeeli your party has been talking about for the last five years?
    Last edited by RedwoodOriginal; 7th September 2018 at 07:27.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asim_khan View Post
    If he's full of hot air why's his cancer hospital still admitting atleast 70% of its poor patients and treating them for free, 25 years later after he said as much.

Why are so many girls from waziristan studying for free alongside men in namal knowledge city?

@Mamoon, there's a reasonably intelligent man in you somewhere, learn to bring him to the fore and you wouldn't embarrass yourself. There's a lot of factors in this decision, if you seriously think it's as simple and as black and white as you've said, you're no better than the likes of Rizvi.
    By full of hot air, I am talking about his politics and the numerous u-turns, as well as the shameless pandering to extremists as well we getting into bed with status quo politicians to come into power.

Please note that his success as a cricketer and his philanthropy and social work can no longer be used to defend his political decisions.

Cricket or philanthropy does not you make fit for political leadership. If that was the case, perhaps we should have made Edhi our PM because he has done more for the community than any Pakistani ever.

Imran Khan the PM will solely be judged for his political decisions, and not because he didn't lose against the West Indies, won the World Cup, established a cancer hospital and a university.

And by decisions like these, he is making sure that a lot of people are losing faith. He has shown that Naya Pakistan is the same old Purana Pakistan when it comes to catering to extremist mindset and ignoring merit for discrimination and bigotry.

PTI is of course more than just a political party now - it has become a cult, and cult members will defend their cult hero even if he kills an innocent man with his bare hands, but PTI supporters who are independent thinkers are disgusted by this decision and are feeling ashamed today.

Fanning fire into the Khatm-e-Nabuwat issue was not a good idea after all, and it was always going to backfire for our savior.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Naya Pakistan = was to attempt to put religious differences aside & give a minority member in Pakistan the opportunity to serve the nation (a very well capable individual at a Global level) - albeit it was a failed attempt that lasted a mere 2-3 days.

Guess back to the same country (Patha purana pak) ruled by Religious Zealots (the Zia Pakistan). Feel sorry for all the minorities trapped & whats left of humanity in that country..

So much promise.....such a sad turn of events.
    Last edited by batnbowl; 7th September 2018 at 07:39.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This is our spineless leader.

U-turn khan has bowed downed to bigotry.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post

Imran Khan is and always be hot air. He has taken the country for a ride and this is only the beginning. Expect more "compromises" and u-turns in the future instead of reforms and bold steps.

He has no spine to stand against extremism or to stay true to his word. This will be the first of the many feathers in his cap.

Why did you vote for him then? If he was so spineless and full of hot air?

Was it some pathetic attempt by you, trying to deflect criticism from yourself since you apparently 'voted' for him?

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Mind your language, all.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really devastated! Now I don't have much hope in any big change....maybe after another 20-25 years....not in my lifetime. He wasn't appointed for influencing any Islamic laws or country's constitution. It will takes years to change this mindset.

To make everyone happy the replacement should be a mullah from any madrassa.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post

Was it some pathetic attempt by you, trying to deflect criticism from yourself since you apparently 'voted' for him?
    I made a mistake, and I accept criticism for it. I should have known better after all the lies, u-turns and compromises over the last five years, and of course the flop show in KP.

PTI government did not deserve this opportunity, and because of the stupidity of people like me, we have to bear this government for five years, at least.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made a mistake, and I accept criticism for it. I should have known better after all the lies, u-turns and compromises over the last five years, and of course the flop show in KP.

PTI government did not deserve this opportunity, and because of the stupidity of people like me, we have to bear this government for five years, at least.
    I completely agree with you on this.

Although it also doesn't change the reality that the previous two government had also failed immensely in numerous issues.

I hope, PTI learns from current mistakes and improves in long-term.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It finally looked like PTI were coming out of that helicopter and austerity rubbish and were finally onto something good, but now this .... This is going to cast a huge shadow over everything they do for a long time.
    Yes agreed. Im very dissapointed especially after that press conference from fawad. However I think we will get some clarity about this in the coming hours. Why appoint someone in the firts place and then have to Uturn. Disgraceful if you ask me. Also bowing down to the pressure from fazlu and the pmln? cmon..Whats even more insightful is the PPP also jumping on the bandwagon..

Not happy with this move at all and will damage the PTI and their agenda..

one caveat though..on the ground , in paksitan this will make them more popular..I have seen the visceral hate for the ahmedi community in Paksitan from village to village..

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    Yes agreed. Im very dissapointed especially after that press conference from fawad. However I think we will get some clarity about this in the coming hours. Why appoint someone in the firts place and then have to Uturn. Disgraceful if you ask me. Also bowing down to the pressure from fazlu and the pmln? cmon..Whats even more insightful is the PPP also jumping on the bandwagon..

Not happy with this move at all and will damage the PTI and their agenda..

one caveat though..on the ground , in paksitan this will make them more popular..I have seen the visceral hate for the ahmedi community in Paksitan from village to village..
    I dont live in Pakistan so would appreciate some insight here.

Other than the usual political football via media, etc - what exactly has transpired since the decision to appoint him a few days ago......have people been demonstrating, civil unrest, etc.......whats been so catastrophic that the PM has been forced to do a U-turn?

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by batnbowl View Post

Other than the usual political football via media, etc - what exactly has transpired since the decision to appoint him a few days ago......have people been demonstrating, civil unrest, etc.......whats been so catastrophic that the PM has been forced to do a U-turn?
    social media criticism

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually I am in favour of this. This was never going to die down after that idiot Jibran made a song and dance about it. This was would have carried on being a distraction and provided breathing space to the criminal crew to get together and pressure the government.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    social media criticism
    seriously, if thats the case then thats Trump Politics....

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember some days back a PTI jiyala was bashing me that i am exaggerating things and Ahmadis live happily in Pakistan and not discriminated. To which my anwser was may be in some parallel world this is true but not in Pakistan. Thora arsa raho Pak mai see the ground realities yourself and then we can talk.

I will repeat again, Ahmadis are unfortunately discriminated and living like 3rd class citizens. Basic rights nahi hain. If anyone wants to close their eyes then ap ka Allah hi hafiz hai.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Actually I am in favour of this. This was never going to die down after that idiot Jibran made a song and dance about it. This was would have carried on being a distraction and provided breathing space to the criminal crew to get together and pressure the government.
    You are a special case arent you? That idiot Jibran Nasir is putting his life at risk by raising his voice against discrimination in this deranged country, and as I always say, if the majority of Pakistan hates you, you are doing the right thing and are on the right path.

So in order to avoid the pressure of opposition, we have decided to cater to religious extremism and show the world that in Naya Pakistan, merit is secondary to your religious orientation.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    I remember some days back a PTI jiyala was bashing me that i am exaggerating things and Ahmadis live happily in Pakistan and not discriminated. To which my anwser was may be in some parallel world this is true but not in Pakistan. Thora arsa raho Pak mai see the ground realities yourself and then we can talk.

I will repeat again, Ahmadis are unfortunately discriminated and living like 3rd class citizens. Basic rights nahi hain. If anyone wants to close their eyes then ap ka Allah hi hafiz hai.
    I am not a Jiyala. And always give context if you going to bring up someone....

I said I went to Ahmadi wedding in Jehlum. It was great and no one was living in fear or anything like that.

At school my principal was ahmadi, one of my class teacher was an ahmadi lady, before she got married to someone from Germany and moved there.

I asked you why the largest beverage company in Pakistan is Ahmadi and has been for a long time. And everyone is aware of this.

When it comes to the silent majority, they consider themselves non Muslims but they want to live and let live. Otherwise the above would not be true.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

From what I can gather there was a concentrated campaign from the JUI PMLN and some other quarters to galvanise their failing support and brand IK a traitor etc. We would have seen demo's and yahoodi saazish bakwaas etc. Those living in Pakistan can verify but social media also went wild with many really having a go..I think this was inevitable. Pakistanis simply cant stand Ahmedi's. Its as simple as that. The core of the problem arises due to their belief that the Prophethood didnt end. Personally I couldnt care less if an Ahmedi is ane conomic adviser and his expertise is whats important but Pakistan isnt ready for it anymore..its just never gonna happen..Its sad and tragic and a disgrace but at this moment in time that is the unfortunate reality..

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    You are a special case aren’t you? That “idiot” Jibran Nasir is putting his life at risk by raising his voice against discrimination in this deranged country, and as I always say, if the majority of Pakistan hates you, you are doing the right thing and are on the right path.

So in order to avoid the pressure of opposition, we have decided to cater to religious extremism and show the world that in Naya Pakistan, merit is secondary to your religious orientation.
    he's doing a bit of everything..he is also playing politics and you know he is..I disagree with calling him an idiot however..also you need to stop jumping around with such joy..I hear there was an earthquake in japan, sounds like your jumping around has triggered it..

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VEry disappointing.......i am really hurt today.Khan has done a PMLN here.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shame on you PTI if you dont have the spine then why are you claiming such things.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he's doing a bit of everything..he is also playing politics and you know he is..I disagree with calling him an idiot however..also you need to stop jumping around with such joy..I hear there was an earthquake in japan, sounds like your jumping around has triggered it..
    what kind of politics,almost everyone who followed Imran's dharnas knew the controversy on Atif Mian's issue in 2014. So why Jibran is targeted baselessly, what will he gain from this except majority Pakistanis going after him. Plus Atif is a friend of Jibran, whats wrong if he tweeted this?

This is what Atif had to say about Jibran. And please see the video too. Can anyone dare to anwser TLP goons like this in Pakistan who are after your life and when Mosque Imam have already given fatwa against you.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I can gather there was a concentrated campaign from the JUI PMLN and some other quarters to galvanise their failing support and brand IK a traitor etc. We would have seen demo's and yahoodi saazish bakwaas etc. Those living in Pakistan can verify but social media also went wild with many really having a go..I think this was inevitable. Pakistanis simply cant stand Ahmedi's. Its as simple as that. The core of the problem arises due to their belief that the Prophethood didnt end. Personally I couldnt care less if an Ahmedi is ane conomic adviser and his expertise is whats important but Pakistan isnt ready for it anymore..its just never gonna happen..Its sad and tragic and a disgrace but at this moment in time that is the unfortunate reality..
    But this was supposed to be Naya Pakistan where Minorities would also be recognised?

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Wow, here comes a bigot. Please read the thread title.

This discussion isnt about whether ahmadis a muslim or not. Its about how someone was removed from a post not because of performance but because of his religious affiliation.

People like you shouldn't complain about not getting jobs in foreign countries due to being muslims if you support this

excellent point.

Debut
    Aug 2005
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let us see this from a pragmatic angle. PTI has shown an intent to involve people on merit, regardless of their religious beliefs. However, after 3/4 days it realised that majority of the people in Pakistan are not yet ready for this.

The key difference between those supporting the appointment and those opposing it is lack of proper education. Unfortunately, it is easier for the Mullahs to mislead uneducated masses as opposed to the educated one.

Now if the Prime Minister has received briefing from the intelligence that this appointment could lead to strikes, long-march or even terrorist attacks resulting in loss of life, then even I as PM would remove Mr Mian from the committee. It is not an issue on which the government stance should lead to loss of life.

I pray and hope that PTI's education reforms take hold and its mission to improve literacy rate and overall education standards will result in a Pakistan which will accept people on merit regardless of their race and/or religion.

It will take a decade or two, after all it took Imran Khan 22 years to become PM. 2 decades are minimum to change the direction of the nation if proper steps are put in place during those two decades.

Whenever Nawaz wins, he divides PMLN equally. He keeps PM for himself and gives L N to the people.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1572 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pathetic decision.... Muslims are the worst people in the world when in majority. These people want all the freedoms when they are in a minority in the west, but can't afford even basic rights to the minorities in their own countries.

Also special thanks to PM of Twitter Jibran Nasir.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

This is the justification being given now.

― Imran Khan

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    When your first Minister of Law Can be Jogendra Nath Mandal ( A dalits Hindu), Your first Foriegn Minister can be Sir Zafar Ullah Khan( an Ahmadiya), Your Chief Justice for 8 long years can be Justice Alvin Robert (a desi Christian) then whats wrong with Dr Atif Mian's appointment as Economic Advisor.
    Grow up kids, the World has gone too far.
    Best thing I have read today.

Again I expected this was going to happen but I just wanted PTI to put up more of a fight.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    But this was supposed to be Naya Pakistan where Minorities would also be recognised?
    If it took Modi's Naya India until yesterday to decide homosexual relations were not illegal, then we need to show some patience with Naya Pakistan as well. PTI has barely begun office, can't expect that they can change people's opinions overnight.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one who said he would never be blackmailed got blackmailed within 20 days. Even N-League showed some spine and didn't cowed to TLP dharnas so rapidly. No more support to this coward from my side.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disappointing but understandable move by PTI.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Pathetic decision.... Muslims are the worst people in the world when in majority. These people want all the freedoms when they are in a minority in the west, but can't afford even basic rights to the minorities in their own countries.

Also special thanks to PM of Twitter Jibran Nasir.
    Glad someone said it.We are the first to try and secure "bahar ka visa", first to celebrate successful muslims residing abroad, cry about islamophobia. Magar apne ghar dusro ka jeena haram.

Debut
    Jun 2010
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right decision by pti

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan Sasuke View Post
    Glad someone said it.We are the first to try and secure "bahar ka visa", first to celebrate successful muslims residing abroad, cry about islamophobia. Magar apne ghar dusro ka jeena haram.
    I never really understand this line of thinking, Muslims when they are abroad usually only want the same rights as already provided to the citizens of that country. Pakistanis at home and those who move abroad are not one and the same thing.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you expect when Mullah’s werr issuing fatwas left right and everyone was getting death threats.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    The one who said he would never be blackmailed got blackmailed within 20 days. Even N-League showed some spine and didn't cowed to TLP dharnas so rapidly. No more support to this coward from my side.
    True. It only took imran 20 days to make a u turn

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sad decision but nothing is worth someones life

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pakistanis want to have full rights as minorities in Europe and elsewhere but they do not give the same rights to minorities in Pakistan.

Pakistanis harp about the oppression of Palestinians, Kashmiris and Rohingyas at the hands of non-Muslims but show no compassion for minorities in their own backyards.

Pakistanis want equal rights when they are a minority but when they become a majority, they oppress the minorities.

Pakistanis are the biggest hypocrites.
    Last edited by saeedhk; 7th September 2018 at 13:00.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Issue is not the rights of minorities here. It would have been fine, if PTI had appointed, a Sikh, Hindu or Christian in the advisory council but since Atif is an Ahmedi, the entire Pakistan turns into Rizvi. I am disappointed but I saw this coming when somewhat decent mullahs started issuing Fatwas.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsha View Post
    Sad decision but nothing is worth someone’s life
    Remember Salman Taseet was killed by his own guard. You can’t trust anyone when it comes to religious issues.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    I never really understand this line of thinking, Muslims when they are abroad usually only want the same rights as already provided to the citizens of that country. Pakistanis at home and those who move abroad are not one and the same thing.
    I've had arguments about Ahmedis with people living abroad. They want the same rights for themselves, but not for Ahmedis.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

And here is the first resignation from the EAC! The government are not only losing Atif Mian now, they are also losing some of the other top economists they brought onto the panel. What a shame!

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

And here is the first resignation from the EAC! The government are not only losing Atif Mian now, they are also losing some of the other top economists they brought onto the panel. What a shame!
    Disaster

Happy to see more bashing of PTI. Such a mess up deserves it

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeedhk View Post
    Pakistanis want to have full rights as minorities in Europe and elsewhere but they do not give the same rights to minorities in Pakistan.

Pakistanis harp about the oppression of Palestinians, Kashmiris and Rohingyas at the hands of non-Muslims but show no compassion for minorities in their own backyards.

Pakistanis want equal rights when they are a minority but when they become a majority, they oppress the minorities.

Pakistanis are the biggest hypocrites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan Sasuke View Post
    I've had arguments about Ahmedis with people living abroad. They want the same rights for themselves, but not for Ahmedis.
    Pakistanis at home can demand what they want however despicable it may be, when they go abroad they can't demand anything. They can only request their rights as accorded by the host countries constitution or principles. There isn't any hypocrisy here.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Faisal Javed Khan made is sound like he was sacked, Atif has said he's decided to resign.

Once again poor strategy from PTI. Had this Faisal kept his pie hole shut, and Atif put out his tweets, would've seemed like Atif gave into pressure and decided to be the bigger man for the good of Pakistan. PTI could've turned the guns on PPP and PMLN as having caused this, Instead PTI & Imran Khan come across as weak, easily blackmailed and eager to please the mullah brigade.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1572 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Faisal Javed Khan made is sound like he was sacked, Atif has said he's decided to resign.

Once again poor strategy from PTI. Had this Faisal kept his pie hole shut, and Atif put out his tweets, would've seemed like Atif gave into pressure and decided to be the bigger man for the good of Pakistan. PTI could've turned the guns on PPP and PMLN as having caused this, Instead PTI & Imran Khan come across as weak, easily blackmailed and eager to please the mullah brigade.
    Faisal Javed Khan comes across a right dimwit.... he is positioning himself to be next IK. He even talks and dresses like him, unfortunately for him he has as much wit about him as IK's left toenail. Only good for being IK's hype man in jalsas, nothing more. Should have kept his mouth shut and let PTI's official spokespersons handle the situation.

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Can Atif Mian contribute to this council in an unofficial capacity behind the scenes? i.e. The PTI govt ask for his input, suggestions behind the scenes?

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is not dimwit. They wanted to show they sacked him. PTI doesn’t want to lose public support.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick84 View Post
    He is not dimwit. They wanted to show they sacked him. PTI doesn’t want to lose public support.
    If that's the case then they're no better than PMLN. I'll reserve judgement tho, this Faisal seems to jump the gun, and elbows his way in to Fawad Ch. territory quite often.

Said it before, PTI needs Chief strategist who'll put the fear of god into these buffoons. But @Mian turned us all down.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post

He didnt.