Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first major disappointment with PTI

https://www.dawn.com/news/1431495/go...visory-council

A complete capitulation to mullah brigade. I don’t care what religion Atif Mian is, what I do know is that he’s an outstanding economist. His omission would be a great loss to Pakistan.

A sad turn of events where the government defends its choice one minute and then takes a u-turn under pressure from religious extremists.
    Last edited by HussainRx8; 7th September 2018 at 05:09.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    All thanks to that clown Jibran Nasir for bringing attention to this

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    PTI may be accused of playing to the galleries and Imran Khan may be accused of riding a tiger he can't afford to dismount, but as long as majority sentiments are not hurt, it is fine.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Catering to the extremists. Not a good step.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7356 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    What a complete mess, they shouldn't have brought him in if they didn't have the balls to stick with their decision.

Such a depressing state of affairs.

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Naya Pakistan.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One step closer to becoming the official haven for terrorists

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dissapointing but not unexpected as PTI and their u-turns are not new.

Quaid ka Pakistan (jahan Sir Zafar Ullah khan an Ahmadi was Foreign Minister), Madinay ki riasat(jahan kutta bhi bhooka nahi marta) ye sab batain nahi to aur kia hai.

BTW Imran backed down from Atif Mian's name last time too when in September 2014 he said in dharma that he will make Atif Mian his foreign minister just to retrack a day later after the backlash from extremists.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    Catering to the extremists. Not a good step.
    Nope, pretty much every supporter was against this appointment. Even the most educated crop also.

This decision was expected.

140 characters from Lala's keyboard, it’s as if he’s launched 140 nuclear missiles on India.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh dear..

Welcome to Naya Pakistan.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feeding the Mullah Brigade.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4706 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)

This Tweet sums it up.

PTI and its supporters fully deserve this humiliation. Imran Khan has shown - as expected - that he has no spine to stand up against extremism.

Naya Pakistan? My foot.

Anyway, expect the brain-washed junoonis to continue to do bhangra. With each passing day, I regret voting for this farce of a party. However, it is my fault - "once bitten, twice shy".

One of the best economists in the world has been discarded because of his religious beliefs. Wow.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like they removed Mian because they dont want to deal with all the mullahs right now. I hope they take some steps to take away power from these crazy fanatics.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Massively disappointing. Can only hope they've got a rabbit under their hat.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asim_khan View Post
    Massively disappointing. Can only hope they've got a rabbit under their hat.
    The way Fawad Ch's tweet has been worded, it seems like they are only removing his name from the list of people in the council. I get the feeling they will consult him anonymously.

“It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.”
    ― Imran Khan

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hussain.r97 View Post
    The way Fawad Ch's tweet has been worded, it seems like they are only removing his name from the list of people in the council. I get the feeling they will consult him anonymously.
    Yes. That's my hope too. I hope he appreciated how they stood up for him, I wonder if he's asked to be superficially removed from the list, and PTI have taken the fall to look like the bad guy? Whilst as you say he continues to work anonymously.

The way Fawad Ch. was putting it down over the past few days, really sticking it to them, they were gonna stick through it, thick or thin.

Have you seen Atif's twitter account? He's tweeting and commenting on other economists posts etc and then you've got some jaahil troll tweeting "say the kalima" or "you're na jaaiz. He's not a prophet" and other simple minded stuff. Absolutely embarrassing the country. I can see him having said, guys this isn't working in its current form

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the guy was a caucasion American, christian - would he have been allowed to hold that position OR do you have to be a Pakistani citizen and a muslim (of acceptable order)?

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post

people knew about what sect atif belonged to. Go watch the dharna interview.
    Last edited by MoJoJoJo; 7th September 2018 at 11:59.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    People have known Atif Mian is Ahmedi for a long time, there were arguments on twitter over this even before Jibran Nasir tweeted.

“It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.”
    ― Imran Khan

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hussain.r97 View Post
    People have known Atif Mian is Ahmedi for a long time, there were arguments on twitter over this even before Jibran Nasir tweeted.
    He's just looking for an excuse to shift his blame on to someone else.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Win win for him.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Another clueless post. The whole Pakistan knew about Atif’s faith well before JN made it public.

A similar situation also arose in 2014 when Imran Khan announced he would make Atif his foreign minister, only to backtrack two days later owing to massive outrage in Pakistan.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeedhk View Post
    Another clueless post. The whole Pakistan knew about Atif’s faith well before JN made it public.

A similar situation also arose in 2014 when Imran Khan announced he would make Atif his foreign minister, only to backtrack two days later owing to massive outrage in Pakistan.
    people will try to shift the blame. Its like blaming khadim rizvi for Atif's removal, when infact its PTI who removed him.

Pti fans whether they like it or not should accept it simply.

PTI has shown that they dont give a crap about Merit.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Look at Jibran Nasir speaking against ahmedis!

Misbah, Wahab, Junaid, Root, Williamson fan.
    T20 isn't Cricket

Debut
    Aug 2005
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So lets have a poll.

1. Keep Mian on the committee at all costs
    2. Remove Mian if it prevents violence and loss of life.

Whenever Nawaz wins, he divides PMLN equally. He keeps PM for himself and gives L N to the people.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

This is the justification being given now.

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very disappointing,,yess and i think many more to come.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1570 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSchultz View Post

Look at Jibran Nasir speaking against ahmedis!
    Yeah very relevant to post a video from 2014 when in 2018 the same guy appointed Mian in his EAC. Nooras will remain Nooras.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Yeah very relevant to post a video from 2014 when in 2018 the same guy appointed Mian in his EAC. Nooras will remain Nooras.
    Lol this guy still feels proud for appointing him.

The same leaders party asked him to step down

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1570 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Lol this guy still feels proud for appointing him.

The same leaders party asked him to step down
    He was asked to step down due to mounting pressure by PPP a party you voted for.

Pakistan's biggest problem is vast swathes of dumb people that live there.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The PTI was left in a no win situation especially after the Nooras sided with the crazy maulvis. If they fought the extremists it could have sank the govt before it did anything which is the reason the Nooras signed the petition in the Senate.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post

This Tweet sums it up.

PTI and its supporters fully deserve this humiliation. Imran Khan has shown - as expected - that he has no spine to stand up against extremism.

Naya Pakistan? My foot.

Anyway, expect the brain-washed junoonis to continue to do bhangra. With each passing day, I regret voting for this farce of a party. However, it is my fault - "once bitten, twice shy".

One of the best economists in the world has been discarded because of his religious beliefs. Wow.
    How do feel about your Nooras and the petition in the Senate?

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pti fans can keep crying all they want. The decision was in PTI's hands. And they made that decision.

They can try all they want to shift the blame.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    One step forward, two steps back.

Either stick by the decision, or don't bother making it in the first place.

Don't think they thought this through well.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1570 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    How do feel about your Nooras and the petition in the Senate?
    Funny the Nooras and PPP jiyalas are chiding PTI for this decision (which I admit is bad) but it's their parties who sided with the mullah brigade to force PTI to remove Mian. Had PPP and Noon not been so opportunistic and given PTI some leeway on this issue then Mian would not have been sacked.

Height of hypocrisy.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

They wanted to sneak it in, but totally miscalculated that Pmln, ppp and all the opposition will join hands and not let the issue pass...

Funny how the people who wanted to make the change are being criticised for this decision by the supporters of people who opposed him in the first place...... sums up the trouble with pakistan.

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Same for me. Very dissappointing but not surprising.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't just call the opposition "Mullah brigade" and simplify the issue. Pakistani public in general is ignorant and close minded when it comes to this issue. The mindset of people need to be changed on ground level before you can take such bold steps. It is easy to sit abroad and act morally but the ground reality back home on this issue can't be ignored.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

I disagree. I am glad the reassessed the situation and weren't stubborn.

On some issues being stubborn can get you killed. That's the reality of our part of the world. In such circumstances without working on the ground level and gradual change of mindset comes first and then comes what PTI was initially trying to do. You can't go from 0 go 100.

Debut
    Jun 2010
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no disappointment it was right decision there are soo many people against that decision and ahmadis are not favor of Pakistan

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Funny the Nooras and PPP jiyalas are chiding PTI for this decision (which I admit is bad) but it's their parties who sided with the mullah brigade to force PTI to remove Mian. Had PPP and Noon not been so opportunistic and given PTI some leeway on this issue then Mian would not have been sacked.

Height of hypocrisy.
    I agree that these parties are apparently liberal and the PTI is on the supposed right, and here we have them using the issue to spread sectarianism. Its funny how @Mamoon are having a go at the PTI but not a word for his beloved Nooras or @Major not having the courage to say anything about the crooked PPP.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Height of hypocrisy.
    PPP didn't sign the petition and said they didn't support it. ANP and Noon League are the ones to blame

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirris View Post
    You can't just call the opposition "Mullah brigade" and simplify the issue. Pakistani public in general is ignorant and close minded when it comes to this issue. The mindset of people need to be changed on ground level before you can take such bold steps. It is easy to sit abroad and act morally but the ground reality back home on this issue can't be ignored.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirris View Post
    I disagree. I am glad the reassessed the situation and weren't stubborn.

On some issues being stubborn can get you killed. That's the reality of our part of the world. In such circumstances without working on the ground level and gradual change of mindset comes first and then comes what PTI was initially trying to do. You can't go from 0 go 100.
    This is how I feel. A huge number of people even having masters and post graduate degrees from better Pakistani universities were against his appointment. In moderately educated segment the situation was even worse.
    Heard all sorts of reasons. For some extremists like TLP being Ahmadi was enough to launch another strike on the state. The next level provided their justification that although a non-Muslim can join state service an Ahmadi's case is different as they call themselves Muslims, so he could not be placed at a high office. Another reason given by a segment is that an Ahmadi is against the constitution of Pakistan. Still, another justification for his removal was that he was an activist who campaigned for annulment of khatam-e-nubuwat section.

And if some one was not overtly against this appointment , he still advised government to sideline him to avoid controversy.

So, the government had no one behind its back, the opposition parties saw an opportunity, media thoroughly remained silent except couple of English dailies, and we had Friday sermons on this issue in our mosques.

Ultimately, the end decision was made according to the wishes of a vast majority.

" Don't wait. The time will never be just right "

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    @Mamoon
    What do you feel about your beloved Nooras and their signing of the petition.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So sad and disgusted!

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s very disappointing but it was coming. Propaganda was increasing every day. And unfortunately you don’t get any support from a common man too. PTI didn’t think through properly and made a poor decision.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick84 View Post
    It’s very disappointing but it was coming. Propaganda was increasing every day. And unfortunately you don’t get any support from a common man too. PTI didn’t think through properly and made a poor decision.
    I don't think PTI expected Atif's religion to become such a big issue. They did not hire him for his religion, probably never discussed religious believes of any of the other 17 members of advisory council. Never wanted to take credit of appointing an Ahmadi either.

They probably never considered these results and rightly so because every one in council was hired for purely economic excellence.

Fawad though should have known better, once a religious issue becomes mainstream it is hard to withstand public pressure that could result very violent.

" Don't wait. The time will never be just right "

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waqar goraya View Post
    I don't think PTI expected Atif's religion to become such a big issue. They did not hire him for his religion, probably never discussed religious believes of any of the other 17 members of advisory council. Never wanted to take credit of appointing an Ahmadi either.

They probably never considered these results and rightly so because every one in council was hired for purely economic excellence.

Fawad though should have known better, once a religious issue becomes mainstream it is hard to withstand public pressure that could result very violent.
    In a country like Pakistan you have to think about these things. It would not have become such a big issue had N league not exploited this issue.

I agree that PTI tried to assemble the best team possible but in Pakistan you can’t ignore the fact that Ahmadis are not considered a part of the society.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

This Tweet sums it up.

Naya Pakistan? My foot.

What is your opinion on PML-N and PPP I’m this shameful episode?

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Very spineless from PTI. They knew that a backlash would come so if they were going to not stand steadfast they should have never appointed him. However I do think of the two majority parties backed the decision rather than playing dirty politics things might have turned out differently

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeedhk View Post

Your post tells about your cluelessness about Pakistan

People here have a very short term memory which is why we have time and again re-elected and welcomed politicians who have been bad for us

Atif Mian issue was no longer in the consciousness of most Pakistanis and for the first day there wasn’t even much of a reaction.

Jibran nasir was the first somewhat mainstream person to bring back into discussion his Ahmadi faith and then shehla raza of PPP and PNL-N pounced on it for political pointscoring

#MPGA

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Your post tells about your cluelessness about Pakistan

People here have a very short term memory which is why we have time and again re-elected and welcomed politicians who have been bad for us

Atif Mian issue was no longer in the consciousness of most Pakistanis and for the first day there wasn’t even much of a reaction.

Jibran nasir was the first somewhat mainstream person to bring back into discussion his Ahmadi faith and then shehla raza of PPP and PNL-N pounced on it for political pointscoring
    Pakistanis have excellent memories when it comes to remembering ‘Gushtakhs’.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4706 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    What is your opinion on PML-N and PPP I’m this shameful episode?
    Deplorable, but the spotlight is on PTI because the decision was in their hands and they showed no cojones.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Deplorable, but the spotlight is on PTI because the decision was in their hands and they showed no cojones.
    I agree the PTI have messed up but what about your beloved Nooras and their petition. Afterall, this party includes your preferred people for PM and the President.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4706 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    I agree the PTI have messed up but what about your beloved Nooras and their petition. Afterall, this party includes your preferred people for PM and the President.
    They were not my preferred people because I did not vote for them. I voted for PTI, and hence I have earned the right to criticize unlike people like you who were not eligible to vote.

Please note that deflection tactics will not work. Irrespective of the role that the opposition played and the pressure that they applied, the focus needs to be on PTI’s jelly spine.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4706 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    The desperation of PTI supporters is laughable. They are bending backwards to deflect the attention from PTI to the opposition and blame them for putting PTI under pressure.

- the decision was in PTI’s hands

- they chickened out instead of showing spine

- they proved that they are a party of cowards who cannot do things on merit and stay true to their word if they face pressure from the opposition.

- this does not bode well for the future. It is a sign of a weak government and they have made compromises with independents and MQM who will backmail them at every opportunity.

- Naya Pakistan is turning out to be a flat tyre.

Brainwashed PTI supporters who are doing bhangra over the role that the opposition parties have played showed read the above bullet points over and over again.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was all in PTI's hands, and they deserve to be ridiculed for it, if you claim to stand for change and wither under the first wave of pressure, you need to do better.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    They were not my preferred people because I did not vote for them. I voted for PTI, and hence I have earned the right to criticize unlike people like you who were not eligible to vote.

Please note that deflection tactics will not work. Irrespective of the role that the opposition played and the pressure that they applied, the focus needs to be on PTI’s jelly spine.
    You have backed them for 5 years and you have backed them straight after the election. You never had a single good thing to say about IK or the PTI and we are expected to believe you.
    As far aa deflection goes, where was you when they made the original decision, did you praise it? No, you disappeared and only started to jump up and down because you are desperate to get excited about any issue. Its your party that signed the petition, so this issues shows you up to be a hypocrite.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not really. He's the only guy that has the guts in Pakistan to stand up to these thugs, so why criticize him? You think if he didn't tweet others in the media wouldn't have raised the issue? This all started when IK said he wanted Atif Mian as finance minister at a rally, then he had to back track when someone from media told him he was ahmadi. He had to do the same here again, bad judgment on his part, should've learned from the first time.

On one hand people want to get rid of extremism, on another hand they want to criticize people who are in the frontline fighting against it.

Imo the biggest mistake PTI is making is talking too much. This is what Nawaz and Zardari did best, they knew media and public shouts at everything so it's best to stay quiet most of the time and do work behind the scenes.
    Last edited by sjahmed23; 8th September 2018 at 14:09.

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This thread is reflection of how our politicians scores point... All major political parties are equally blame, should be ashamed of themselves and so should be all Pakistanis...

First of all, it was revolutionary and charismatic leader of left and maybe liberal (I am not sure if I would call him) Mr ZA Bhutto who cave in despite having 2/3 majority to a handful of Mullas and wrote the definition of Muslim as part of constitution, and categorically call Ahmadis non-muslims despite their protests. Not just that, he put Islam and Quran above everything else, what is the point of democracy Reason at time was given, Mr Bhutto wanted to created an unopposed constitution, a small price minorities have to pay for Muslim unity and they are still paying... He missed one of the fundamental principle of liberalism, you can never liberate anyone but giving special privileges to majority and powerful. You only create a permanent injustice by doing so...

Before that another charismatic and so called liberal leader, Mr Jinnah, create the Pakistan...At that time reason given was that we cannot trust Hindu majority to do justice to rest of the India, specially Muslims(who happened to left in pretty much equal number in India anyway). Purpose of creating Pakistan was not meant to create a Sharia Lab, bake and cook all things Quran and Islam, if that was the case, Pakistan should have been created by Mullana Mudoodi and not Mr Jinnah, ironically Mudaadi was in opposition of Pakistan not for it...Until they realize, man this can be an excellent Sharia Lab...Now not just Pakistansi but whole world think of Pakistan as a Sharia factory or wannabe - Pakistansi will be debating for next 70 years, what should or should not be Pakistan, and keep having cat fight about it, which is not just women but men favorite pass time...

Now the new Mr Cool leader is following the foot step of his predecessors, I am not sure why we are so upset or happy...Like in Cricket I don't foresee we winning a test series in AUS for next 70 years, this Mulla Raj is not going anywhere for next 70 years, specially in an env where so called educated class keep blaming each others like 5 years old and never deal with the situation like adults. Democracy is not about one person or one party working for you, its you the people who take in-charge, burden falls on so called educated class, if you are calling yourself educated, behave like one, don't hide behind your own insecurities
    Last edited by yasir; 10th September 2018 at 04:58.

If you want to do things that are certain to succeed, you are doing very obvious thing - E Musk