Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In hindsight, losing 3-2 in England won’t be a bad result for India

As they say there are no dead rubbers in test cricket. If we win in Oval, a 3-2 will still be something India can be proud off. A much better performance than what Eng did in India last time or India tour of Eng in 2014.

Just win the oval test and go into Australia with full confidence.
    Last edited by babajee; 2nd September 2018 at 21:24.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    As they say there are no dead rubbers in test cricket. If we win in Oval, a 3-2 will still be something India can be proud off. A much better performance than what Eng did in India last time or India tour of Eng in 2014.

The talk before the series was of a win. Even Pk drew here. Turns out India are getting hammered. 4-1 is fair, 3-2 would flatter.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bujhee kom View Post
    The talk before the series was of a win. Even Pk drew here. Turns out India are getting hammered. 4-1 is fair, 3-2 would flatter.
    Pak also lost against SL at home...not sure what is your point. It has nothing to do with Pakistan. All I am saying is 3-2 wont be a bad result if we win the oval test.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pak also lost against SL at home...not sure what is your point. It has nothing to do with Pakistan. All I am saying is 3-2 wont be a bad result if we win the oval test.
    My statement was a reflection of pre-series hubris of certain fans.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A dead rubber is a dead rubber no matter how you look at it. India failed, and failed spectacularly.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My statement was a reflection of pre-series hubris of certain fans.
    Thats fans...they would have expectations from their team, its natural. Considering you are from BD, should know better than anyone else how obnoxious some fans can be.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    A dead rubber is a dead rubber no matter how you look at it. India failed, and failed spectacularly.
    There are no dead rubbers in test cricket.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats fans...they would have expectations from their team, its natural. Considering you are from BD, should know better than anyone else how obnoxious some fans can be.
    The delusion of some BD fans does not march that of Indian fans WRT this tour.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only when India has lost a test series, are there no dead rubbers.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree that a test match is always important in itself but in the context of the series it is of course a dead rubber.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are, just 5x longer in duration

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dead rubber should not even be played. It's a waste of time for everyone, 5 test match is far too long.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The delusion of some BD fans does not march that of Indian fans WRT this tour.
    That is bcoz BD dont have a team to reek such arrogance. I mean no one can get arrogant after getting whitewashed by Afg, isnt it?? India is no.1 team and its natural fans have had more expectation from the team. Not sure why you are getting all agitated.

If India lose the 5th test, it will consider as a flop series. But 3-2 is way better than 4-0 that Eng faced when they toured Ind last time with 1 test being drawn due to rain.
    Last edited by Canford Cliffs; 2nd September 2018 at 16:39.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moral victory. That's the benchmark of Indian fans here.

Lost the series before it got completed and after winning a dead-rubber, we will say we were competitive enough.

Should learn from Pakistan and play beyond the capabilities unlike bottling it continuously in a test match.

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree that a test match is always important in itself but in the context of the series it is of course a dead rubber.
    Test match is boring to begin with, you can only see retirees in the stadium. Imagine a dead rubber test match...

See these days even players are bored of playing 5 day test match, most games these days lasts only 4 days.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDfanforever View Post
    Test match is boring to begin with, you can only see retirees in the stadium. Imagine a dead rubber test match...

See these days even players are bored of playing 5 day test match, most games these days lasts only 4 days.
    Test match is far from boring. Its the best format for purists like me. I find T20s and bilateral ODIs boring TBH.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is bcoz BD dont have a team to reek such arrogance. I mean no one can get arrogant after getting whitewashed by Afg, isnt it?? India is no.1 team and its natural fans have had more expectation from the team. Not sure why you are getting all agitated.

If India lose the 5th test, it will consider as a flop series. But 3-2 is way better than 4-0 that Eng faced when they toured Ind last time with 1 test being drawn due to rain.
    I guess this series is an improvement from the spanking you guys got last time. In that context, yes - this tour is ok for you guys.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dead rubber should not even be played. It's a waste of time for everyone, 5 test match is far too long.
    I agree with this. The series winning team usually never put enough effort in dead rubber to win it; the series losing team usually win dead rubbers which hides lot of issues in that team which hurt them in the long run

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess this series is an improvement from the spanking you guys got last time. In that context, yes - this tour is ok for you guys.
    Thank you...finally you understood. See its not tough, isnt it??

All I am saying is, 3-2 will be better than what we did in 2014 or what Eng did in India. But not sure why you started bringing Pakistan and BD into it. Maybe BD is better test team than India but that is not the topic here. Think, read the title and post.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Test match is far from boring. Its the best format for purists like me. I find T20s and bilateral ODIs boring TBH.
    Really? You don't find blocking balls for 90 overs for 5 days boring?

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sure, but it would still be disappointing just like in South Africa which could've easily been won 2-1 had Cape Town gone the other way.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you...finally you understood. See its not tough, isnt it??

All I am saying is, 3-2 will be better than what we did in 2014 or what Eng did in India. But not sure why you started bringing Pakistan and BD into it. Maybe BD is better test team than India but that is not the topic here. Think, read the title and post.
    I never suggested BD are better than anyone. I did take a dig at those fans who mocked Pk's efforts in the UK when their own team has proven incapable of matching those efforts.
    A little humbleness from certain quarters would serve India's fans well.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    668 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    We certainly need to win the test. I hope luck favours us for once and we win the toss and bat.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree 100% with this. Tests are the best by far.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1682 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

India should be aiming to win regardless of another series or not!

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin136 View Post
    Sure, but it would still be disappointing just like in South Africa which could've easily been won 2-1 had Cape Town gone the other way.
    Unlucky with the tosses in both series...but I know it will sound like an excuse.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    India should be aiming to win regardless of another series or not!
    That is very true

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    India lacked the killer instinct at key moments at Edgbaston and Southampton. In both Tests they let England off the hook after reducing them to 80-6. India here in the 1st innings were 100-2 - looking set for a big lead but threw the advantage away with some poor shots.

It reminds me of Pakistan's batting lineup in the mid-2000s that had a brilliant middle order but what came above and below them were the problem. Too much depended on the middle order, Kohli especially, while the openers and lower order has failed repeatedly this summer.

Winning at The Oval would be some consolation but India will have expected to beat, or at least draw against an England side who lost 6 out of their last 9 Test matches before this summer whose batting lineup has been a mess.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1682 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    One thing India supporters should also consider is that the chief wicket-taker in this crucial match was a spinner. How is it possible that the best players of spin had problems playing Moeen?

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    One thing India supporters should also consider is that the chief wicket-taker in this crucial match was a spinner. How is it possible that the best players of spin had problems playing Moeen?
    For that you have to go back to 2014. Moeen bowled really well then also. But when he came to India in 2016 he was useless on turning tracks.

The explaination that various experts gave on tv in 2016 was that, In england the seamers are so effective and dominant that Indian batsmen try to survive there and they try to score runs againist Moeen or become more relaxed and lose wickets. Also the seamers usually take out the top 2-3 putting pressure on the middle order.

But in India since the pacers cant do that. Moeen isnt as effective.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    For that you have to go back to 2014. Moeen bowled really well then also. But when he came to India in 2016 he was useless on turning tracks.

The explaination that various experts gave on tv in 2016 was that, In england the seamers are so effective and dominant that Indian batsmen try to survive there and they try to score runs againist Moeen or become more relaxed and lose wickets. Also the seamers usually take out the top 2-3 putting pressure on the middle order.

Basically, that is the case. But credit to Moeen. He did his part with 9 wickets in the match and should now be the permanent member in England XI.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    3-2 is not a good result for India. They should have won this series. But the overconfident team management who have no idea about what is preparation made sure we lost.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Generally indian fans have set higher standard for their team and they are number 1 in test so they should act like a number 1 team fan there is not much to be proud of winning last test after losing a series

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That’s rubbish. He is a part time spinner yet managed to destroy India multiple times. I just think India is flying way too high and need to come down a little. This england attack is weak with two fading stars who can bearly bowl at 80 mph.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sjahmed23 View Post
    That’s rubbish. He is a part time spinner yet managed to destroy India multiple times. I just think India is flying way too high and need to come down a little. This england attack is weak with two fading stars who can bearly bowl at 80 mph.
    So why is this Moeen Ali not at all effective on turning indian tracks?

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they can win with bigger margin then would be good job else worst #1 side ever.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve changed my mind about Ashwin. He is only good in India. Modern completely outbowled him.

Only Pujara and Kohli would improve the Pakistan test team.

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree 100% with this. Tests are the best by far.
    Ok lets say Test cricket is real cricket. I have no problem with that. Then why is there ODI and T20? There is just too many format. Thats where I have biggest problem.

If Cricket only existed in Test cricket format then I along with many others would just leave cricket to you purists. You guys can have a blast following test cricket: 3 games for 15 days.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don.t think moeen ali have good record at home in test against other team except india. So why is he too good for india only?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok lets say Test cricket is real cricket. I have no problem with that. Then why is there ODI and T20? There is just too many format. Thats where I have biggest problem.

If Cricket only existed in Test cricket format then I along with many others would just leave cricket to you purists. You guys can have a blast following test cricket: 3 games for 15 days.
    You are free to not watch.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India came here with a big reputation and a lot of intent. The two one day series can be ignored even though England emerged with the greater credit.

The tests have been very predictable except for the excellent win at Nottingham.

Birmingham was close thanks to dropping Kohli and several other catches. The other 2 were easy England wins.

So another thrashing for the Indians in a series where England were ripe for the taking.
    Last edited by The Googly; 2nd September 2018 at 17:26.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No excuses for India this time.

They’ve been outplayed and outclassed.

The only positive note was their pace attack and Kohli proving he is the best all-round batsman of this generation.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't that what you should be asking your batsmen? Ridiculously bad batting by them

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are free to not watch.
    Oh I hardly watch test cricket. No one would have time to watch test cricket besides retirees or people who have nothing else to do.

I only follow Cricket because of ODIs only. I consider that to be real Cricket format.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Mumbai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lack of preparation and a failure to take advantage of key moments has proved costly on 2 tours now. Both Saf and England were there for the taking and in every match in this series there have been contentious selection choices to say nothing of the poor preparation going in. The bowlers have generally done well but the batting on both sides this series has been abysmal. No one from england averages 40 either in the top 7, the big difference in 2 test matches has been Curran. Without him we would probably be winning at least one if not both the matches.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Vancouver, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India should have won this series & dare I say I can see them collapsing in the last test to end the series at 4-1. While that won't be a reflection of how close the series was, that will be reflection of how India have squandered what was a completely winnable series.

They have a gun-bowling line-up. However, I'd go as far as saying they have a weaker batting line-up in non-optimal batting conditions than even Pakistan. It's a role-reversal of traditional Indian teams that had the batting but not the bowling to take 20 wickets.

The same things that make Dhawan, Rahul, Pandya and Pant great ODI/T20 players is exactly what hurts them in test cricket. You can take your front foot out of the way on these wickets. And things are only going to get worse. India started the trend in the SA series of preparing tracks that amplified home advantage. And while the rest of the tracks of their home season were sporting, opposition teams have taken this as a truism. I've noticed that India have faced some absolutely spiteful tracks recently, but they only have themselves to blame.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    I don.t think moeen ali have good record at home in test against other team except india. So why is he too good for india only?
    Well i will need to check the records.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1682 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Oh I hardly watch test cricket. No one would have time to watch test cricket besides retirees or people who have nothing else to do.

I only follow Cricket because of ODIs only. I consider that to be real Cricket format.
    Wow we had thousands of retirees in the ground and on on forums around the world today...

Have heard some arguments about Tests but 'retirees' one takes the cake.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kohli saved India from complete embarrassment. I honestly think the bowlers have been overated because the wickets have been ideal for pace bowling. South Africa , Australia and Pakistan would have dismantled England for 150 in both innings in the current test.

Pujara proved he is a class player. Kohli is a genius. Rahane is a good player. The other batters are dire.

Ashwin? What a joker. Moeen outbowled him for Pete sake.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    932 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Yes, yes there are. The Oval test is of far lesser importance than the preceding four tests. Expect England to rest a couple of key players and for India to experiment as well. Another recent dead rubber was the third test in South Africa.

لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    932 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

If I was a Bangladesh fan, I would do the same. It's natural.

لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

Debut
    Jan 2000
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, says a Bangladesh fan. Go enjoy your BPL good sir.

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    If I was a Bangladesh fan, I would do the same. It's natural.
    I would say people are way too harsh to judge Bangladesh on Test Cricket. It is not an easy game to master.

IND has been playing Test Cricket for ages and is currently #1, yet in the last 10 years their record in AUS, ENG, SA, NZ is just 5W 21L 8D.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol
    Well you my friend are alone in that.
    Every cricketer will tell you that the hardest and true format is test cricket. Sadly, test cricket is struggling because of commercialism and the advent of T20. However, I am convinced test cricket will survive solely because cricket can not afford to lose this format and the world test championship will revive it.

50 over cricket is however in far more danger then test cricket. I expect 50 over cricket to go and test cricket to survive by the skin of its teeth.

50 over Cricket is not the real format. It only gained popularity in the 70s and its popularity is fading in favour of T20. Test cricket has been round for 150 years and will remain the true format of the game.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    depends how you get 3-2

3-2 with 2-2 going in to final test is way different than 3-1 going into final test

Umar Akmal, Sohaib Maqsood [Mindless Sloggers]

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    3-2 will sound like a fairer result, but as people have said it's a dead rubber, England won't put in as much effort, India have nothing to lose. And 3-2 with a win in a dead rubber is worse than a 3-2 with both wins coming when series was alive.

India are unlucky to be 3-1 here, and it will be a bit of a shame if they walk away with a 3-1 or even 4-1 loss, the series was much closer than that. So 3-2 will be fairer.

For me though India will be looking at this and thinking it was a chance gone begging, a drawn or even a win series was entirely possible. Two close games they could have won had the rest of the batsmen stood up. England have not batted well either, and it's their lower order which India failed to get out cheaply which has been the difference. I am really astounded by the lack of performance by England's specialist bats, it's home conditions, you really would have expected more.

It feels a bit like when we drew in England in 2016 2-2. Wasn't a bad result, but Pakistan were the better team I thought and we should have grasped that series win. We just choked it out in that fatal match, we squandered and over 100 run first innings lead, and just collapsed in the second innings when we could have batted it out for a draw if we held our nerve. Again kind of felt like a chance gone begging.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ads101 View Post
    3-2 will sound like a fairer result, but as people have said it's a dead rubber, England won't put in as much effort, India have nothing to lose. And 3-2 with a win in a dead rubber is worse than a 3-2 with both wins coming when series was alive.

India are unlucky to be 3-1 here, and it will be a bit of a shame if they walk away with a 3-1 or even 4-1 loss, the series was much closer than that. So 3-2 will be fairer.

For me though India will be looking at this and thinking it was a chance gone begging, a drawn or even a win series was entirely possible. Two close games they could have won had the rest of the batsmen stood up. England have not batted well either, and it's their lower order which India failed to get out cheaply which has been the difference. I am really astounded by the lack of performance by England's specialist bats, it's home conditions, you really would have expected more.

It feels a bit like when we drew in England in 2016 2-2. Wasn't a bad result, but Pakistan were the better team I thought and we should have grasped that series win. We just choked it out in that fatal match, we squandered and over 100 run first innings lead, and just collapsed in the second innings when we could have batted it out for a draw if we held our nerve. Again kind of felt like a chance gone begging.
    Same goes for SA series. India will be thinking it as well as a chance gone begging.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Only when India has lost a test series, are there no dead rubbers.
    No. There are factually no more dead rubbers. They all count towards the test championship

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I have to say I am double minded about this. The partisan me, is fine with India losing this series. But the cricket fan in me says that India’s test team is becoming a bit like Pakistan’s. Overall inconsistent batting, but very good seam bowling.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    India have a better team than England overall. They should be disappointed with this series performance.

Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously 3-2 is better than 4-1 but being happy with a series loss regardless of margin is weird imo especially if you support the #1 ranked team.
    Last edited by El Generico; 2nd September 2018 at 20:27.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indian fans would say, “we were competitive, at least we won a test and we seldom lose a test at home let along being complete washed against SL and then complaining about rankings of other teams”

Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kuskash View Post
    Indian fans would say, “we were competitive, at least we won a test and we seldom lose a test at home let along being complete washed against SL and then complaining about rankings of other teams”
    So for Indian fans their success and perception revolves around what Pakistan and Pakistani fans have done?

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    Watford, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    India have a better team than England overall. They should be disappointed with this series performance.
    Agree.

This England team is nothing special - they have decent bowling and their batting line up is long but very inconsistent.

It should be 2-2 but India let England off the hook twice when England were 80/6 in 2 matches.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TBH this England team is very poor, one of their worst. Their best players, Cook, Broad, Root, and Bairstow have been a joke. Their batting is not good enough. India should have won the series, considering their track record albeit at home.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 90MPH View Post
    Agree.

This England team is nothing special - they have decent bowling and their batting line up is long but very inconsistent.

It should be 2-2 but India let England off the hook twice when England were 80/6 in 2 matches.
    Indian batting line up hasn't performed despite its experience. Bowlers have done a good job. Team selection has been weird as well.

India just can't seem to click away from home.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ll say Indian fans need to have better standards than comparisons with a number 7 ranked test team. BTW this same team that you’re belittling has outperformed the number 1 ranked team in England recently.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Generico View Post
    So for Indian fans their success and perception revolves around what Pakistan and Pakistani fans have done?
    Lol, you seem to be naive here.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3-2 is not a good result for India. They should have won this series. But the overconfident team management who have no idea about what is preparation made sure we lost.
    How much preparation does your team needs when you guys are constantly touring away every year? You have got the likes of Pujara, Rahane, Vijay, Dhawan etc. in your team who have been playing on foreign tours forever and yet fail badly whenever push comes to shove.

Blaming it on team management is you closing eyes to the real problem which is over-reliance of the Indian team on Kohli and lack of good batters in the team.

Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, you seem to be naive here.
    Maybe, so can you enlighten me on why Indian fans hold the number 7 ranked Pakistan as their yardstick?

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India have competed very well this series. 1st Test could have gone either way, 3rd Test they won dominantly, this match was very close too. Only in the 2nd Test they got thrashed. They will still feel they have plenty to play for in the 5th Test.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From we will humiliate England to we will settle for a 3-2 series defeat shows how the mighty have fallen.

I have thoroughly enjoyed Indian team's English tour where the fans were yet again brought to the ground who always tend to reach cloud 9 from time to time after one or two performances.

Looks like they will be further brought to the ground in September as well. Amen.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I lol at the talk of India's biggest positive being their bowling attack and performances. These were bowling friendly conditions just like the ones Pakistan got in 2010 with Asif and Amir. In fact the Indian bowling attack is to be blamed for allowing England to recover from 86/6 to 270 all out in the first innings.

In fact Pakistan's 2-2 result in 2016 is severely under rated because in predominantly much flatter wickets our bowling attack spearheaded the team to two victories and on a bowling friendly wicket in 2018 our team beat England in their own conditions with an inexperienced team and not as highly ranked as Indian.

The Indian team came into this series with a number one ranking and with a so called aggressive captain in Kohli

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imo he has improved in the last year or so. Even in England he was rubbish in 2016. In 2017 he really improved as he has started to flight the ball more and bowl at a better pace.
    In 2016 he was too quick because he was used to bowling quicker and flatter from odis and t20s.
    Overall, he is a better bowler now as he has more control of where he is bowling and so I expect him to perform better this winter.
    As far as the ashes are concerned I don't know of many foreign spinners that bowl well in Australia and moeen is the sort of cricketer that plays 10x worse when low on confidence. His lack of confidence in Australia caused him to not even try and take wickets and focus more on stopping runs.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then why are you wasting your precious time posting and reading comments on test threads shouldn't you be doing something better with your time unless however you have recently retired.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    I lol at the talk of India's biggest positive being their bowling attack and performances. These were bowling friendly conditions just like the ones Pakistan got in 2010 with Asif and Amir. In fact the Indian bowling attack is to be blamed for allowing England to recover from 86/6 to 270 all out in the first innings.

In fact Pakistan's 2-2 result in 2016 is severely under rated because in predominantly much flatter wickets our bowling attack spearheaded the team to two victories and on a bowling friendly wicket in 2018 our team beat England in their own conditions with an inexperienced team and not as highly ranked as Indian.

The Indian team came into this series with a number one ranking and with a so called aggressive captain in Kohli
    The 2016 tour was really good for Pakistan.

I refuse to take results of 2 test series in England 2018 seriously, because I am almost 100 percent sure in a 3 test series we would have lost 2-1 or 3-1 in a 4 test series.

The 2016 tour was amazing because of Misbah and Younis Khan, the last test dynasty batsmen of Pakistan.

And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    Watford, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Bassim View Post
    The 2016 tour was really good for Pakistan.

I refuse to take results of 2 test series in England 2018 seriously, because I am almost 100 percent sure in a 3 test series we would have lost 2-1 or 3-1 in a 4 test series.

The 2016 tour was amazing because of Misbah and Younis Khan, the last test dynasty batsmen of Pakistan.
    And nearly everyone was saying Pakistan would lose the recent series 2-0 before the tour.

It’s such a strange argument to make that if it was 3 Tests that this or that would happen. It’s actually an absurd observation because so many factors have to come into play before such an hypothesis - the ground (e.g. Oval Pakistan have a decent record over England), conditions etc.

So fact is Pakistan have done much better than India in recent England tours. India have a better Test team but unlike Pakistan they didn’t prepare well for the tour so they paid the price.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wasn't the OP saying India will WIN the series 3-2 after they won the third test..... Oh how the mighty have fallen

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Aussieland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    England's batting flops but still manages to win the series. India had regressed

Yesterday is the past.Tomorrow is the future.Today is a gift.That's why it's called the "present"

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well i will need to check the records.
    Name:  FireShot Pro Screen Capture #001 - 'Moeen Ali I England Cricket I Cricket Players and Officials .jpg
Views: 286
Size:  116.6 KB