Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Pakistan move to 95 rating points after beating Australia 1-0, two points behind Sri Lanka

Pakistan Next two test series are against Aus and NZ which will be played

later this year in uae

Current test ranking

Australia ranked 3rd with 106 points while pakistan rank 7th points are

88 points .

Series scenarios for Pak vs Aus 2 Match test series

Australia win 2-0 – Australia 109 points, Pakistan 84

Australia win 1-0 – Australia 107, Pakistan 86

Drawn series – Australia 105, Pakistan 90

Pakistan win 1-0 – England 102, Pakistan 95

Pakistan win 2-0 – Australia 100, Pakistan 97

if Pakistan manage to beat Aus 2-0 in test series than ranking scenario

for Pakistan test series against New zealand will be

New Zealand win 3-0 – New Zealand 109 points, Pakistan 90

New Zealand win 2-0 – New Zealand 107, Pakistan 92

New Zealand win 1-0 – New Zealand 105, Pakistan 94

New Zealand win 2-1 – New Zealand 105, Pakistan 94

Drawn series 1-1 – New Zealand 102, Pakistan 97

Pakistan win 1-0 – Pakistan 101,New Zealand 98

Pakistan win 2-0 – Pakistan 103,New Zealand 96

Pakistan win 3-0 – Pakistan 105,New Zealand 94

Pakistan win 2-1 – Pakistan 101,New Zealand 98

Bottom line is Pakistan can reach hundred point in test ranking if they beat both Aus and Newzealand in test series
    Last edited by MoJoJoJo; 5th September 2018 at 15:33.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    If we win all five matches and other teams' results go in our favour, we could be up at #3 at the end of both series.

Alternatively, if we lose all five matches then we could drop below #8...
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 4th September 2018 at 11:27.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Next 5 home test are very important we can reach to top 3 if we win 3 out of them and lose 1 but not more than that

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This will be a true test of Pakistan in order for us to see where Pakistan actually stands. The Sri Lankan series can be forgiven as it was Sarfraz's first time and they went with a horror bowling combination. I wouldn't look much into the England series as that was an away trip and you generally have less pressure on away tours.

This will be Sarfraz's litmus test as Test Captain. Personally I see Pakistan struggling because our 6 years of UAE dominance was primarily built on us racking up 400+ scores thanks to Younis and Misbah. Younis guided Azhar along and then Misbah guided Shafiq. Now both these behemoths aren't there, so who's going to stand up and score 100's for Pakistan against the quality attacks of Australia and New Zealand?

For me the absolute key player in all of this becomes Imam-ul-Haq. If he survives the new ball, he could lay a solid platform for guys like Azhar and Shafiq to cash in on the old ball. While I say this, I believe Pakistan needs to move Azhar back down and not have him open the innings. Azhar is going to be more successful when he's batting against a relatively old ball.

Overall, I see NZ to be more of a challenge for Pakistan than Australia as NZ's bowling attack is quality. Southee, Boult and Wagner will trouble our batsmen more so than their Australian counterparts. And we all know that racking up big scores is the key to winning UAE tests.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shariqnoor View Post
    This will be a true test of Pakistan in order for us to see where Pakistan actually stands. The Sri Lankan series can be forgiven as it was Sarfraz's first time and they went with a horror bowling combination. I wouldn't look much into the England series as that was an away trip and you generally have less pressure on away tours.

This will be Sarfraz's litmus test as Test Captain. Personally I see Pakistan struggling because our 6 years of UAE dominance was primarily built on us racking up 400+ scores thanks to Younis and Misbah. Younis guided Azhar along and then Misbah guided Shafiq. Now both these behemoths aren't there, so who's going to stand up and score 100's for Pakistan against the quality attacks of Australia and New Zealand?

For me the absolute key player in all of this becomes Imam-ul-Haq. If he survives the new ball, he could lay a solid platform for guys like Azhar and Shafiq to cash in on the old ball. While I say this, I believe Pakistan needs to move Azhar back down and not have him open the innings. Azhar is going to be more successful when he's batting against a relatively old ball.

Overall, I see NZ to be more of a challenge for Pakistan than Australia as NZ's bowling attack is quality. Southee, Boult and Wagner will trouble our batsmen more so than their Australian counterparts. And we all know that racking up big scores is the key to winning UAE tests.
    i think babar azam will be most important player as he will announce himself at test arena after difficult

start To test career also i think haris was very good against SL in uae so he will be also major part in our

batting

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1647 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    If we win all five matches and other teams' results go in our favour, we could be up at #3 at the end of both series.

Alternatively, if we lose all five matches then we could drop below #8...
    Can't wait to hear from "experts" how these victories will be fluke

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They have had a home series and a tour and a year without misyou, now is the time for the boys to stand up and bat!!

Yasir will do the rest.
    Should be looking to win 4 out of 5. Need to play same formula as in England. We can make a call between nawaz and faheem for the number 8 slot.
    Shadab at 6
    Yasir at 9
    And 2 quicks rotating.

That means Azhar has to open

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan has an average record at home. They have lost 30 matches and won 29 since UAE became home base.

But NZ & Aus also have poor records in Asia so Pakistan really should be winning both series b

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_outsider View Post
    Pakistan has an average record at home. They have lost 30 matches and won 29 since UAE became home base.

But NZ & Aus also have poor records in Asia so Pakistan really should be winning both series b
    the topic is about test format why would you include other format in it which don,t make any sense to

op and do upload the stats so we can understand what you are saying is correct

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    the topic is about test format why would you include other format in it which don,t make any sense to

op and do upload the stats so we can understand what you are saying is correct
    My mistake. I missed the format.

Although my overall point still stands if you look at recent records. The stats are similar for ODIs and tests.

Since the start of 2015 Pakistan's W/L ratio in UAE is 1.33 which is an average record at home. And what I said about Aus and NZ is also true. Between the two in 5 matches they have lost 3 and won 1. Although the sample size is quite small.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Expecting Pakistan to smash both teams.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    If Pakistan cannot beat Australia and New Zealand in the UAE, perhaps they should quit Test cricket.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just hope they don't make the same mistake of playing Azhar at 3 and opening with Shan / Imam.

Azhar and Fakhar should open in Asia.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    If Pakistan cannot beat Australia and New Zealand in the UAE, perhaps they should quit Test cricket.
    Why? Did India quit test cricket after they got owned by England and got humiliated by a noob like O'Keefe at their home?

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Why? Did India quit test cricket after they got owned by England and got humiliated by a noob like O'Keefe at their home?
    Are you referring to the England tour of India in 2012?

Yes they did shell a test to Australia, but they won the series and have thrashed every team that has toured India in the last 5 years. Our situation is a little different because we have lost our last 3 Test matches in the UAE to West Indies and Sri Lanka.

Yes let that sink in - West Indies and Sri Lanka, teams who cannot dream of winning a Test in India these days. It doesn't get more embarrassing than that.

We have reached the lowest of lows in the UAE and we cannot sink further. Australia have lost their two most prolific batsmen, including Smith who was the reason why they were competitive in India, and New Zealand are not that good outside New Zealand anyway.

Apart from your Indophobia, I see little reason why you would drag India into this thread.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why should they quit? Both have won series against Pak away in the past and are well known high class teams. Just FYI both have beaten pretty much every team out there home and away.

I would suggest think before posting as you are losing credibility post by post.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Pakistan should be Australia, beating the kiwis will be a much tougher task though.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is Pakistan's great test. If Shah is fit and Shadab plays alongside him, the bowling line up looks solid (AMir, Abbas, Hasan). This is what will win Pak the series.

The batting will rely on Babar coming on as a test bat, Haris playing better and Sarfraz playing with responsibility.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakhs View Post
    Why should they quit? Both have won series against Pak away in the past and are well known high class teams. Just FYI both have beaten pretty much every team out there home and away.

I would suggest think before posting as you are losing credibility post by post.
    Pakistan have had the privilege of losing its last three Test matches in the UAE to West Indies and Sri Lanka. An envious few that we few teams can match.

Australia is currently without Smith and Warner, and are being captained by a deeply mediocre 36 year old.

I don't see how their past glory is relevant to the current state of their team, which is quite shambolic. The current Australian team will devoured in Bangladesh and Sri Lanka right now, let alone India. No excuse will work if we do not thrash them in the UAE.

New Zealand should be more competitive than Australia but they are still pretty weak outside their home conditions, and it should be a straightforward series as well.

So yes, I do insist that if we fail to beat Australia in its current state as well as New Zealand, especially after covering ourselves in glory against West Indies and Sri Lanka in the UAE, I see little purpose in playing Test cricket unless we strike a deal with the ICC that will allow us to play our Test matches against England only and that too at Lord's or Oval.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Anything less than 2-0 against Australia would be a poor result considering that they will be without Smith/Warner and an understrength bowling attack. NZ series will be tougher I think.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan have had the privilege of losing its last three Test matches in the UAE to West Indies and Sri Lanka. An envious few that we few teams can match.

Australia is currently without Smith and Warner, and are being captained by a deeply mediocre 36 year old.

I don't see how their past glory is relevant to the current state of their team, which is quite shambolic. The current Australian team will devoured in Bangladesh and Sri Lanka right now, let alone India. No excuse will work if we do not thrash them in the UAE.
    Not just Smith and Warner, Australia will be without Hazlewood and Cummins as well.

Renshaw is also likely to miss out due to injury.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Zealand should be more competitive than Australia but they are still pretty weak outside their home conditions, and it should be a straightforward series as well.

So yes, I do insist that if we fail to beat Australia in its current state as well as New Zealand, especially after covering ourselves in glory against West Indies and Sri Lanka in the UAE, I see little purpose in playing Test cricket unless we strike a deal with the ICC that will allow us to play our Test matches against England only and that too at Lord's or Oval.
    If those two teams are so bad then perhaps they should stop playing test cricket and concede the series coming up. As I said I will advise you to think before right. Both AUS and NZ have world class players in their teams even with the players missing.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If those two teams are so bad then perhaps they should stop playing test cricket and concede the series coming up. As I said I will advise you to think before right. Both AUS and NZ have world class players in their teams even with the players missing.
    Australia does not though. The squad that will tour UAE has only 2 world class players - Lyon & Starc. Everyone else is either banned or injured.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Australia does not though. The squad that will tour UAE has only 2 world class players - Lyon & Starc. Everyone else is either banned or injured.
    Marsh brother, khuwaja etc are all class players

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decent players, yes. But no where close to world class.

Khwaja has been a disaster in Asia so far. As has Mitch Marshall.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my opinion they are all good players and to say if you fail to beat AUS you should stop playing is madness and can only be expected from someone like Mamoon. I do agree that PAK should beat them.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having said all that, I will still say that what team Australia can put on the field is CA's problem. Nothing that Pakistan can do about it.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    to say if you fail to beat AUS you should stop playing is madness and can only be expected from someone like Mamoon. I do agree that PAK should beat them.
    Yeah that is exaggerating things.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We may as well play our home tests in London given the horror shows in our last 3 UAE matches.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah that is exaggerating things.
    Thanks, Some people like Mamoon have some kind of personal agenda against Pak and in their determination to belittle Pak sounding very stupid.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @saeed5646

Any idea what will be our odi ranking if we win the Asia cup? Cup matters more but improvement in rankings will be a good boost for players too.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    @saeed5646

Any idea what will be our odi ranking if we win the Asia cup? Cup matters more but improvement in rankings will be a good boost for players too.
    If Pakistan win all 6 matches(including final), it'll be ~113. Nz is currently 112 and at #3.

So basically if this home series goes well Pak may well be #3 in tests, odis and, #1 in T20Is.

Sadly, we'll thrash Pak in all 3 games.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    If Pakistan win all 6 matches(including final), it'll be ~113. Nz is currently 112 and at #3.

So basically if this home series goes well Pak may well be #3 in tests, odis and, #1 in T20Is.

Not sure if India will be able to thrash Pak in all 3. I have a feeling it will be 2-1 which side I dont know.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pak should win both of these. With Faheem and Shadab both in the test squad Micky and Sarfaraz cant go as wrong as they did against Lanka with 3 pacers and just 1 spinner. Now they have the luxury of all rounders.

With allrouders they can have 3 pacers and 2 spinners atleast. Not much roam to go wrong now so I am confident abt Pak winning both the series.
    Last edited by Titan24; 5th September 2018 at 11:23.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan should use this bowling attack to win against AUS, NZ.

07.Shadab
    08.Faheem
    09.B Asif
    10.Yasir
    11.Abbas

No use of making pacers run on these dead tracks with SA series in the pipe. Keep them fresh.

Bowl atleast 60+ overs of spin/ day to these Angrez.

And batting is quite good too with Bilal coming at #9.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    @saeed5646

icc predictor shows we will gain 2 points if we beat india in single game and lose 3 points if we lose a single game to them.so if we beat india 2-1 in 3 matches we will gain single point .Pakistan will have
    to avoid defeat against bottom rank SL.Bd and Afghanistan otherwise a single lose against them will give a major drop to our points

bottom line is we will gain nothing special in odi ranking from asia cup as india is only high rank team and even beating them 2 time won,t give us much .i think we will stand where we are above 100 points

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

07.Shadab
    08.Faheem
    09.B Asif
    10.Yasir
    11.Abbas

No use of making pacers run on these dead tracks with SA series in the pipe. Keep them fresh.

I agree 2 spinners is a must but not sure about 3 as UAE conditions are not similar to India where yes play 3 spinners. UAE pitches are usually flatter and dont turn as much so a faster bowler who can reverse will come in handy.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    icc predictor shows we will gain 2 points if we beat india in single game and lose 3 points if we lose a single game to them.so if we beat india 2-1 in 3 matches we will gain single point .Pakistan will have
    to avoid defeat against bottom rank SL.Bd and Afghanistan otherwise a single lose against them will give a major drop to our points

bottom line is we will gain nothing special in odi ranking from asia cup as india is only high rank team and even beating them 2 time won,t give us much .i think we will stand where we are above 100 points
    thanks yar

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

haha ok :p

It is quite likely will be be no 3 after NZ odi series. Amazing if it happens considering where we were before CT.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Bro, which predictor shows lower rank team should lose more points than they can gain for a win against a higher ranked team? I need to check that. It's built with unique logic - middle of the pack is loser in either case, doesn't matter if they play higher or lower rank teams!!!!!

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Bro, which predictor shows lower rank team should lose more points than they can gain for a win against a higher ranked team? I need to check that. It's built with unique logic - middle of the pack is loser in either case, doesn't matter if they play higher or lower rank teams!!!!!
    Current rating point in ODI for Pakaistan : 104

First game loss against India, Pakistan moves to 103
    First game win against India, Pakistan moves to 106

Pakistan will lose 1 point for loss, but gain 2 points for win against India in first ODI.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    Current rating point in ODI for Pakaistan : 104

First game loss against India, Pakistan moves to 103
    First game win against India, Pakistan moves to 106

Pakistan will lose 1 point for loss, but gain 2 points for win against India in first ODI.
    I also have seen this one

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Opps i think i have made a error

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Misbah and Younis have been gone for more than a year. We are in favourable conditions for us. Both teams are weak vs spin. We need to win both series , there's no excuses now. Sarfraz and Mickey have had enough time to bed in now Misbah and Younis have gone.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    koi baat nai i understood

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    No issues - I knew something was wrong . Playing any tournament it self is a gain, though I read intelligent people often keeping a back-up "tournament/series A, B or C are just not worthy of giving importance...."

Any ranking system, be in Cricket, Soccer, Golf or Tennis is built in a way that the higher you reach, degree of difficulty increases; which makes it easier to rise from lower lever, tougher to move from higher level to top and toughest is to stay at top for significant time, as every loss cuts like twice, every win earns half.

Playing lower ranked team (s) is equally important, because that makes better teams ruthless - you hardly lose a game that you are not expected to lose. Misbah's PAK went to 9th rank not because of losing at QF of WC or losing a series to AUS, rather losing 2 games against ZIM and 3-0 to BD.

If PAK can win 2-1 against IND and other two games excluding UAE/HK, my hunch is total point should touch around 110 - regardless of that 1 being Final; but if they lose both or even one game against any side other than IND, it might go down below 100.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

07.Shadab
    08.Faheem
    09.B Asif
    10.Yasir
    11.Abbas

Bilal Asif is a worthless player. He can't perform in domestic, I'm amazed how he is even in the PCB's plans. 3rd spinner could and should be Kashif Bhatti. He was the best spinner in FC last season by a country mile

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

Chance for Pakistan and Australia to improve their rankings in the upcoming 2-match Test series

Pakistan host Australia for a two-match series in the United Arab Emirates starting Sunday, with both sides having the chance to improve their positions in the MRF Tyres ICC Men’s Test Team Rankings.

The series gives Pakistan the opportunity to edge Sri Lanka to sixth position if they are able to complete a 2-0 series win over the opposition, while a 1-0 series win will be enough for Australia to overtake South Africa and claim second position behind India.

Pakistan will move to 97 points if they win both Tests and ahead of Sri Lanka on decimal points while Australia, who are presently on 106 points and behind South Africa only on decimal points, will move ahead with a series win. They will advance to 107 points with a 1-0 win and to 109 points if they prevail 2-0.

In a series that starts earlier on Thursday, India will be looking to ensure they do not lose any points in a bid to maintain their top position. India lead the table with 115 points but only stand to gain one point even with a 2-0 series win owing to the large difference in rating points with the West Indies. On the other hand, India can slip to 108 points with an unlikely 2-0 loss and Australia could overtake them if they defeat Pakistan 2-0.

For the West Indies, even a 2-0 series win will at best help them bridge the gap with Pakistan and Sri Lanka but will not pull them up from their present eighth position.

Series scenarios:

India v West Indies:

India win 2-0: India 116 points, West Indies 76 points

India win 1-0: India 114, West Indies 78

Drawn series: India 112, West Indies 81

West Indies win 1-0: India 109, West Indies 84

West Indies win 2-0: India 108, West Indies 85

Pakistan v Australia:

Pakistan win 2-0: Pakistan 97 points, Australia 100 points

Pakistan win 1-0: Pakistan 95, Australia 102

Drawn series: Pakistan 90, Australia 105

Australia win 1-0: Pakistan 86, Australia 107

Australia win 2-0: Pakistan 84, Australia 109

In the MRF Tyres ICC Player Rankings for Test Batsmen, India captain Virat Kohli would be aiming to consolidate his position at the top of the table since he is ahead of Australia captain Steve Smith by only one point. Cheteshwar Pujara (sixth) and Lokesh Rahul (19th) will be other leading India batsmen in the series while the spin pair of Ravindra Jadeja (fourth) and Ravichandran Ashwin (eighth) would be looking to capitalize on home conditions.

The West Indies boast of Kraigg Brathwaite in 13th position while three of their fast bowlers are in the top 20 – Shannon Gabriel (11th), Jason Holder (13th) and Kemar Roach (19th) – and would be hoping to get some help from the Indian wickets.

For Australia, Usman Khawaja is the leading batsman in 20th position in the absence of Smith and David Warner, while Mitchell Starc (joint-14th) and Nathan Lyon (16th) are the leading bowlers.

Pakistan opener Azhar Ali is in 15th position and 672 points, just one behind South Africa’s Hashim Amla, while leg-spinner Yasir Shah, formerly a top-ranked bowler, would be looking to find his way back from 18th position after missing this year’s tour of Ireland and England due to a groin injury. Yasir had taken 12 wickets in a 2-0 series win over Australia in the UAE four years ago.

Fixtures:

India v West Indies

4-8 October – 1st Test, Rajkot

12-16 October – 2nd Test, Hyderabad

Pakistan v Australia

7-11 October – 1st Test, Dubai

16-20 October – 2nd Test, Abu Dhabi

The Test team rankings, unlike the ODI and T20I rankings, are updated after the end of the series and the Test predictor function is available here.

MRF Tyres ICC Test Team Rankings (as of 2 October, before the India v West Indies and Pakistan v Australia series):

RANK TEAM POINTS

1. India 115

2. South Africa 106

3. Australia 106

4. England 105

5. New Zealand 102

6. Sri Lanka 97

7. Pakistan 88

8. West Indies 77

9. Bangladesh 67

10. Zimbabwe 02

11. Afghanistan 00

12. Ireland 00

MRF Tyres ICC Test Player Rankings (as of 2 October, before the India v West Indies and Pakistan v Australia series):

BATSMEN (top 20)

Rank Player Team Points Avge Highest Rating

1 Virat Kohli Ind 930 53.92 937 v Eng at Southampton 2018

2 Steve Smith Aus 929 61.37 947 v SA at Durban 2018

3 Kane Williamson NZ 847 50.35 893 v Aus at Perth 2015

4 Joe Root Eng 835 51.04 917 v Aus at Trent Bridge 2015

5 David Warner Aus 820 48.20 880 v NZ at Perth 2015

6 C. Pujara Ind 772 49.57 888 v SL at Nagpur 2017

7 D. Karunaratne SL 754! 37.28 754 v SA at Colombo (SSC) 2018

8 D. Chandimal SL 733 44.96 755 v Win at St Lucia 2018

9 Dean Elgar SA 724 41.05 784 v Aus at Johannesburg 2018

10 Alastair Cook Eng 709 45.35 874 v Ind at Kolkata 2012

11 Aiden Markram SA 703* 47.27 759 v Aus at Johannesburg 2018

12 Ross Taylor NZ 697 47.22 871 v Win at Hamilton 2013

13 Kraigg Brathwaite Win 695 37.94 701 v Eng at Headingley 2017

14 Hashim Amla SA 673 47.23 907 v Pak at Abu Dhabi 2013

15 Azhar Ali Pak 672 44.84 787 v Aus at Melbourne 2016

16 Faf du Plessis SA 665 42.33 734 v Ind at Centurion 2018

17 Kusal Mendis SL 641 36.78 693 v Win at St Lucia 2018

18 Jonny Bairstow Eng 637 37.19 772 v SA at Old Trafford 2017

19 Lokesh Rahul Ind 635 38.53 761 v SL at Pallekele 2017

20 Usman Khawaja Aus 633 42.00 747 v Pak at Sydney 2017

BOWLERS (top 20)

Rank Player Team Points Avge Highest Rating

1 James Anderson Eng 899 26.84 903 v Ind at Lord's 2018

2 Kagiso Rabada SA 882 21.71 902 v Aus at Port Elizabeth 2018

3 Vernon Philander SA 826 21.54 912 v Ind at Johannesburg 2013

4 Ravindra Jadeja Ind 814 23.65 899 v Aus at Ranchi 2017

5 Pat Cummins Aus 800*! 23.81 800 v SA at Johannesburg 2018

6 Trent Boult NZ 795 27.84 825 v Eng at Lord's 2015

7 Rangana Herath SL 791 27.95 867 v Zim at Harare 2016

8 R. Ashwin Ind 769 25.59 904 v Eng at Mumbai 2016

9 Neil Wagner NZ 765 28.26 785 v Win at Wellington 2017

10 Josh Hazlewood Aus 759 26.84 863 v Ind at Bengaluru 2017

11 Shannon Gabriel Win 757! 29.57 757 v Ban at Jamaica 2018

12 Stuart Broad Eng 734 28.92 880 v SA at Johannesburg 2016

13 Jason Holder Win 732*! 29.35 732 v Ban at Jamaica 2018

14= Tim Southee NZ 720 30.82 799 v Win at Jamaica 2014

Mitchell Starc Aus 720 28.17 805 v SA at Durban 2018

16 Nathan Lyon Aus 710 32.21 774 v Eng at Adelaide 2017

17 Keshav Maharaj SA 692* 27.65 695 v Zim at Port Elizabeth 2017

18 Yasir Shah Pak 683 29.44 878 v Eng at Lord's 2016

19 Kemar Roach Win 667 28.31 774 v SA at Centurion 2014

20 Shakib Al Hasan Ban 665 31.87 705 v Aus at Mirpur 2017

ALL-ROUNDERS (top five)

Rank Player Team Points Highest Rating

1 Shakib Al Hasan Ban 420 489 v Aus at Mirpur 2017

2 Ravindra Jadeja Ind 383 438 v SL at Colombo (SSC) 2017

3 Vernon Philander SA 370 378 v SL at Galle 2018

4 Jason Holder Win 355/*! 355 v Ban at Jamaica 2018

5 R. Ashwin Ind 343 493 v Eng at Mohali 2016

*indicates provisional rating; a batsman qualifies for a full rating after playing 40 Test innings; a bowler qualifies for a full rating when he reaches 100 Test wickets.

!indicates career-highest rating

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Australia and NewZealand will not make it easy for Pakistan as they are aware of threats that face them on these pitches and will prepare hard for them. On the other hand, if Pakistani batsmen keep on producing excellent innings one after the other considering the threat of fast bowlers will be neutralized Pakistan may well be in the top 3.
    Last edited by Ozeirk; 3rd October 2018 at 02:40.

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    To be really frank, Pakistan have a good chance of beating both Australia and New Zealand. Every thing though will depend on how fit and in form Yasir Shah is. Shadab Khan for all the talent he has will not be a huge threat in Tests at least for now. Pakistan need an in form Yasir to win all the games.

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Pakistan drew the first Test against Australia but still have a chance to win the series 1-0. Tomorrows game will be interesting with lots to play for.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    job half done .Pakistan have gain 8 point from series win against aus 1-0 from 87 now points are 95

updated icc ranking

1. India 115

2. South Africa 106

3. Australia 106

4. England 105

5. New Zealand 102

6. Sri Lanka 97

7. Pakistan 95

next scenario to reach top 4 in icc test ranking against nz 3 match test series

Pakistan win 1-0 – Pakistan 99,New Zealand 98

Pakistan win 2-0 – Pakistan 101,New Zealand 96

Pakistan win 3-0 – Pakistan 105,New Zealand 94

Pakistan win 2-1 – Pakistan 99,New Zealand 98
    Last edited by saeed5646; 19th October 2018 at 11:06.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Should have won this series 2-0, which probably would have taken past SRL. Poms can loose some points in SRL as well & NZ in UAE; which should put No. 4 to 7 almost neck a neck. But, then both for PAK & SRL, SAF tour starts

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2-1 to Pakistan probably.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Get to top 4 somehow

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan are unlikely to lose any test against NZ in UAE. But they need to be ruthless to win 3-0.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last time NZ drew series against us and beat us the second test with an innings. NZ wont be easy.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Pakistan move to 95 ranking points, within two points of Sri Lanka after beating Australia in Tests

Australia's 373-run loss to Pakistan in the second Test in Abu Dhabi has had an adverse effect on their place on the rankings table.

They have slipped from third to fifth position in the MRF Tyres ICC Test Team Rankings after losing their two-match series to Pakistan by a 1-0 margin.

Australia, who started the series at 106 points and behind South Africa only on decimals, are now on 102 points, marginally behind New Zealand on decimal points.

Meanwhile, Pakistan have made substantial gains in terms of points, in the list led by India with 116 points.

Pakistan, who could have overtaken Sri Lanka with a 2-0 series win, remain in seventh position but have advanced from 88 to 95 points and to within two points of Sri Lanka.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/880797

Name:  c74817f3-ebe8-438f-9628-9ec0ff8a49b6.jpg
Views: 1251
Size:  44.8 KB

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drawing that first test has cost us.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will even out once Sri Lanka tour South Africa and Australia.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Drawing that first test has cost us.
    cost just 2 points but agree with our home session contain only 5 test matches we should have maximize the advantage .imagine if we play 8 to 12 test matches in home session at uae we would have been in top 3 easily

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    what is SL's next mission? England and then?

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Australia's 373-run loss to Pakistan in the second Test in Abu Dhabi has had an adverse effect on their place on the rankings table.

They have slipped from third to fifth position in the MRF Tyres ICC Test Team Rankings after losing their two-match series to Pakistan by a 1-0 margin.

Australia, who started the series at 106 points and behind South Africa only on decimals, are now on 102 points, marginally behind New Zealand on decimal points.

Meanwhile, Pakistan have made substantial gains in terms of points, in the list led by India with 116 points.

Pakistan, who could have overtaken Sri Lanka with a 2-0 series win, remain in seventh position but have advanced from 88 to 95 points and to within two points of Sri Lanka.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/880797

Name:  c74817f3-ebe8-438f-9628-9ec0ff8a49b6.jpg
Views: 1251
Size:  44.8 KB
    India doing great but England series was a bit disappointing.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    cost just 2 points but agree with our home session contain only 5 test matches we should have maximize the advantage .imagine if we play 8 to 12 test matches in home session at uae we would have been in top 3 easily
    Won't - I understand you are coming from the perspective of IND winning probably 20-25 Tests almost non stop at home; but there is a difference. PAK won't have added more points if it was a longer series and I can categorically prove that.

Because, PAK's trick in UAE had been always catch tourist off-guard at the early stage of the series when they are still not accustomed in UAE. Once they are settled, most series had been much closer. Take a look - even during Misbah's period, SAF won 2nd of 2 Test series; NZ came back to tie it 1-1, after losing 1st Test by innings to in total 3-4 PAK wickets, WIN won 3rd Test, which IND's 3rd XI won't lose to this WIN at home in even 5 game Series. And, that epic series against SRL was not even one year back. This is considering that, in those loses - every time PAK won the toss, and PAK's most of the wins in UAE had been after winning toss - last time SRL did won both tosses and .... you know. Only team (Asian team) that is more accustomed in UAE condition that PAK have played in last 7-8 years are SRL and they have a winning record here - can't recall exact numbers, but I guess it's 1-0 (or 0-0), 1-1 & 0-2. Based on the trend, and law of average (for toss), I can say had most of those series been 5 Test affairs, PAK won't have been ever even close to top 3, and I am a fan of PAK cricket, Misbah as well - but you don't need to buy that, so you can ignore it.

Enjoy the series and I am also happy - PAK won the Test & series, but keep things in perspective & don't over do, otherwise you are risking to match minnow BD fans, who jumps like world champs with some win here & there.

Hope, now you won't remind me about BD's Test record.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    6-7 is the true worth of this mediocre team. The rankings are fine as they are.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    6-7 is the true worth of this mediocre team. The rankings are fine as they are.
    So in your opinion Australia is better?

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    So in your opinion Australia is better?
    Yes. They do better than Pakistan in most conditions.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. They do better than Pakistan in most conditions.
    which conditions? I havent seen them play in Mars like you but in England and other Asian conditions Pakistan results have been better. Only place you can argue is SA where they did win a match however Pakistan have also won single matches there so lets see how they do this time.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    which conditions? I havent seen them play in Mars like you but in England and other Asian conditions Pakistan results have been better. Only place you can argue is SA where they did win a match however Pakistan have also won single matches there so lets see how they do this time.
    I am talking about a full-strength Australia not the one without Smith and Warner. They pushed India to the limit in India. If we tour India we will get thrashed inside three days.

They lost to Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka while we lost in the UAE. In head to head, at least they can draw a match in the UAE. Same cannot be said about us in Australia.

Overall, we are probably better in England only, that too only in the London venues. However, it will be interesting to see how they fair in the Ashes next year.

Overall, they are the better team. Their bowling attack (both pace and spin) is better and so is their batting - their best batsman Smith is more prolific than anyone in our history.

One win against an under-strength Australian side and Pakistani fans have forgotten their aukat again. We should not forget our place - we are supporters of a mediocre team and can only run our mouths.

Asia Cup, never forget.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    NZ will be a tougher challenge but Yasir's form is a worry. Poor international + domestic season for him.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am talking about a full-strength Australia not the one without Smith and Warner. They pushed India to the limit in India. If we tour India we will get thrashed inside three days.

They lost to Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka while we lost in the UAE. In head to head, at least they can draw a match in the UAE. Same cannot be said about us in Australia.

Overall, we are probably better in England only, that too only in the London venues. However, it will be interesting to see how they fair in the Ashes next year.

Overall, they are the better team. Their bowling attack (both pace and spin) is better and so is their batting - their best batsman Smith is more prolific than anyone in our history.

One win against an under-strength Australian side and Pakistani fans have forgotten their aukat again. We should not forget our place - we are supporters of a mediocre team and can only run our mouths.

Asia Cup, never forget.
    Asia Cup was an ODI Tournament! And full strength Aus team yes I can understand but we are talking about current rankings. So I assume you mean currently Pakistan is better so they should be a bit higher than you previously mentioned.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Asia Cup was an ODI Tournament! And full strength Aus team yes I can understand but we are talking about current rankings. So I assume you mean currently Pakistan is better so they should be a bit higher than you previously mentioned.
    And this team lost 2-0 to Sri Lanka, drew a Test with Australia and were 57-5 at one point. The margin of defeat flatters the caliber of this team.

If we talk about Australia without Smith and Warner, then it is probably 50-50.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    And this team lost 2-0 to Sri Lanka, drew a Test with Australia and were 57-5 at one point. The margin of defeat flatters the caliber of this team.

If we talk about Australia without Smith and Warner, then it is probably 50-50.
    And Cummins, Josh as well. They drew a Test in UAE after losing Toss & batting for 140 overs on Day 4-5 ....... don't see PAK without YK & Misbah drawing a Test in AUS WITHOUT Smith & Warner; BUT WITH Strac, Cummins, Josh & Lyon.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And Cummins, Josh as well. They drew a Test in UAE after losing Toss & batting for 140 overs on Day 4-5 ....... don't see PAK without YK & Misbah drawing a Test in AUS WITHOUT Smith & Warner; BUT WITH Strac, Cummins, Josh & Lyon.
    This is a nothing comment, Players get injured all the time I can say the same thing if Amir, Asif and Butt and Even Kaneria didn't get banned Pakistan would be No.1. These things dont matter.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Agreed, but a new golden era has begun with this win, so we should take that into factor as well.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    This is a nothing comment, Players get injured all the time I can say the same thing if Amir, Asif and Butt and Even Kaneria didn't get banned Pakistan would be No.1. These things dont matter.
    You can say - I can't stop you there, but may be I'll ignore next time or be selective responding your judgement.

My point wasn't to hint that PAK won this Test/Series because of Cummins or Josh not playing - Strac is playing and he has been bang average. BUT, in AUS condition, take out couple of these pacers and bring Stanlake, Bird - result will be similar.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed, but a new golden era has begun with this win, so we should take that into factor as well.
    Why not add Mcgrath and Warne to the team as well. They played what they had not what you guys can miraculously add. And Pakistan do the same they play what they can and not banned or injured players.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Despite the series win it is a poor result. Should have been an easy 2-0 win if you consider the fact they were without Smith, Warner, Hazlewood and Cummins.

No way this team is good enough to beat a full strength Australia team in Asia. NZ series will be tough for Pakistan.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Why not add Mcgrath and Warne to the team as well. They played what they had not what you guys can miraculously add. And Pakistan do the same they play what they can and not banned or injured players.
    We are talking about contemporary players who are unavailable. Australia were without four first choice players.

If Pakistan lose a series today without Abbas, Yasir, Azhar and Shafiq, they will get some leeway as well.

It has nothing to do with McGrath, Warne, Wasim or Imran.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can say - I can't stop you there, but may be I'll ignore next time or be selective responding your judgement.

My point wasn't to hint that PAK won this Test/Series because of Cummins or Josh not playing - Strac is playing and he has been bang average. BUT, in AUS condition, take out couple of these pacers and bring Stanlake, Bird - result will be similar.
    Cricket or anything in life is not run on if this and that happens. The actual fact is this is the best team Australia could put out due to various reasons same with Pakistan. Pakistan also had their best players banned for longer periods than the duo. In fact they still have Sharjeel banned who played so well in Australia against Starc and co recently.