Instagram

An evening with Shahid Afridi and Younis Khan

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    94,272
    Mentioned
    1717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

    Australia laid low by the Mohammad Abbas sucker punch?

    Consider this statement

    Saker, Australia bowling coach: "Abbas is so accurate with the ball, and obviously our preparation was more spin oriented so we've been taken by surprise by the pacer.

    But surely they, must have known about his performances in England etc?

    Or is that a way of finding an excuse to hide their own failures?


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #2
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    94,272
    Mentioned
    1717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Once again, all Australian energies diverted towards Yasir Shah and its Mohammad Abbas doing the damage! Failure of Australian planners?


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  3. #3
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    2,685
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It didn't sound like an excuse- more an open admission of poor planning.

    Sounds that they didn't really rate Abbas as a serious threat before the series- and he has really proven them wrong.

    Even the kindhearted PCB tried to prepare Australia by playing a warm up game where they picked only medium pacers to bowl.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    94,272
    Mentioned
    1717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wrongun View Post
    It didn't sound like an excuse- more an open admission of poor planning.

    Sounds that they didn't really rate Abbas as a serious threat before the series- and he has really proven them wrong.

    Even the kindhearted PCB tried to prepare Australia by playing a warm up game where they picked only medium pacers to bowl.
    So even the PCB got fooled by their own bowlers?


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  5. #5
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    103,196
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    So even the PCB got fooled by their own bowlers?
    Am sure the PCB thought Yasir and other spinner would have a field day against Aussies but apart from Asif in 1st inns 1st test they havent.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    4,927
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjid Javed View Post
    Am sure the PCB thought Yasir and other spinner would have a field day against Aussies but apart from Asif in 1st inns 1st test they havent.
    Bilal took three wickets in the 1st innings of this test. That included the prized wicket of Finch.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    94,272
    Mentioned
    1717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Think Abbas surprised everyone! Maybe himself also


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  8. #8
    Debut
    Mar 2005
    Runs
    6,602
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't think "sucker punch" is the right term.

    Australia knew they were going to face Abbas; they just underestimated how effective he would be in the UAE.

    A sucker punch is a punch thrown when the other guy isn't looking or there's no call for a punch to be thrown.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    94,272
    Mentioned
    1717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blistering Barnacle View Post
    Don't think "sucker punch" is the right term.

    Australia knew they were going to face Abbas; they just underestimated how effective he would be in the UAE.

    A sucker punch is a punch thrown when the other guy isn't looking or there's no call for a punch to be thrown.
    It wasn't a literal 'sucker punch' - Australia were not looking at Abbas as the threat, did not plan and paid the price for it.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  10. #10
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    27,937
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The Australians couldn't have been dumb to ignore that reverse swing would be a factor on these wickets. Neither did their bowlers exhibit it while bowling and neither did their batsmen show the ability to counter it.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •