Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

"I have done very well in fitness tests; who says my weight is on the high side?" : Sarfaraz Ahmed

Pakistan captain Sarfaraz Ahmed speaking to media

"Pakistan squad has decided to donate PKR 32 Lakhs for Diamer-Bhasha Dam fund, 16 players have decided to give 2 Lakhs each " : Sarfaraz

Our preparations for Asia Cup have been very good ;even though the weather here was very hot we practiced for 4 days and played a practice game as well "

"I am doing my best to improve my batting and try and do well for the team whenever I get a chance"

"If you are referring to the previous tour, I only got a chance to bat in T20Is and you all know how I did there"

"Asia Cup is a big event and top teams of Asia are playing in it so we are going in with good preparation"

"As I said before momentum is important in such tournaments as we saw in the Champions Trophy where we got momentum after defeating South Africa and we carried that all the way into the final"

"Our morale is high and we will hope to get momentum from the first game and take it forward"

"I have done very well in fitness tests and who says my weight is on the high side?"

"Whenever there is a big series then we always take a backup keeper"

"It's not like I am not taking another keeper as backup"

"I have just started playing so if I ask team management for rest then what will that look like?!"

"Look, Virat Kohli may have his own issues so he asked his board for rest so I can't say much about that"

"The pitches in UAE are slow so spinners will play an important role there"

"In terms of strategy, we will look to score 300+ if we bat first as we have bowlers who can defend this target"

From what I see all teams are good and even Hong Kong's team has qualified after playing quality competitive cricket

Each team will have to play good cricket if we wish to win this event

Both Salman Butt and Kamran Akmal are performing well and whenever there is a place or when selectors feel it right they will be given a chance

All the good keepers (backups) are either training in the academy or are with A team

Our journey to the 2019 World Cup begins with this Asia Cup

We are trying to sort problems with losing early wickets which we saw in NZ

Our fitness is upto the mark now, our total team average used to be 17.6 or 17.7 now its 18.6

Inzi bhai has said clearly that its not the case that Hafeez is not required any more

Hafeez is part of our main pool of players for the 2019 World

There is always criticism when you don't perform

Thankfully I haven't encountered any serious criticism yet although get some bits

We dont have a 150kph fast bowler yet but Hasan Ali is improving and his pace is improving

We do have experienced bowlers in shape of Amir and Junaid Khan and its not just pace that matters
    Last edited by MenInG; 10th September 2018 at 10:38.