Dec 2007
    Venue
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    266 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Will Sarfaraz Ahmed be shown the door if we lose the third Test against New Zealand?

His captaincy will be untenable with 2 home series losses. If he is then who is the likely candidate?

Without Pakistan we have nothing....

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Azhar Ali for me should be the next captain

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why everything has to be about Sarfaraz?

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Doubt that. He is the chosen one remember?

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    When team wins it’s players who did it
    When team fails it’s sarfraz fault

New Era of Team Pakistan

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    Why everything has to be about Sarfaraz?
    A non performing, non inspiring captain who can't even beat these weak foreign teams on our strong hold should share some blame don't you think?

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asif321 View Post
    Then why people credit Sarfraz for champions trophy even though his own contribution was nothing.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    Then why people credit Sarfraz for champions trophy even though his own contribution was nothing.
    I don’t see any credit people said it’s becuase of our luck and fakhar Hassan

New Era of Team Pakistan

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A non performing, non inspiring captain who can't even beat these weak foreign teams on our strong hold should share some blame don't you think?
    Non performing?? even though he scored against Aus I do agree he needs to contribute with bat more...
    Non Inspiring?? where did you get that from? do you see any issues among players? Or may be you would like someone who puts himself first than the country/team. Sarfaraz always puts team first.

Weak Foreign team? really, so NZ is a weak Foreign team? I am not even gonna argue as yours comment is very childish and mamonish I say..

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I said many times postets here are agenda driven and have personal likes and dislikes. They praise some players when they managed to score for few innings but remove support when they having bad run of scores. Azhar Ali being one prime example, nearly everyone wanted him booted out during his long run of bad scores. Now he has become darling again and want him to be captain again. He was termed terrible captain when he actually was the captain of ODI team. It seems anyone not playing is a better player than the one playing, and anyone not captaining a better captain. One word Fickle

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    its all a matter of mindset. if they go out there tomorrow with any other view than winning the match, then i am sure, this is a debate worth having.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Teams that are higher ranking than Pakistan are weak. Lol
    New Zealand have three good batsmen in Williamson, Taylor and Latham and few fairly decent ones. Bowling wise they have Boult, Southern and Wagner and spinners are no mug(Sodhi and Patel).

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    511 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    He should be shown the door but knowing PCB he will continue to embarrass us in SA too.

After SA tour Azhar should be handed over the Test captaincy. On merit only azhar and yasir deserves to be our captain. Its unfortunate that Azhar resigned from Test VC when he was sacked by PCB as ODI captain. Azhar as Test captain was never a debate.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone but Sarfraz, even Azhar Ali or Shafiq.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    its all a matter of mindset. if they go out there tomorrow with any other view than winning the match, then i am sure, this is a debate worth having.
    That will be dictated by the target and time. Chasing or not chasing would be a team and management decision not just Sarfraz. Pak have no top 5 batsman at their disposal to chase a bold target and risk losing the series.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    953 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Even if we lose for whatever reason South Africa tour first up is not the way to intro a new captain. Iím not fond of him, but he should see out the SA series before being shown the door. And hey, if he shows improvement in SA then more power to him as thatís not easy or a fluke. You have three guys bowling 150 k at you in about 3 weeks, if he can manage to negotiate them with the homemade slugger/nudger technique he has, then Iíll be there in Cape Town personally to fly him home to Pakistan and give a heroís welcome.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Irrespective of results Sarfraz does need to do himself favour and relinquish captaincy of one format. That will allow home more focus on his batting.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    511 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Which world are you living in...when the team wins its the captain who steals all the credit. CT credit is given to Sarfraz only.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aukhan View Post
    Which world are you living in...when the team wins its the captain who steals all the credit. CT credit is given to Sarfraz only.
    Not really it was mainly Fakhar followed by Amir and many other players like Hasan. Of course Captain gets credit for winning and losing as well.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    right no credit was given to Hasan Fakhar shadab... some posters will make u feel like

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What exactly did sarfaraz do wrong? Was he supposed to bowl and take wickets? Pls don't tell me that he didn't take the new ball. You try something and at times it works, at times it doesn't. Nothing stopped Mickey Arthur to ask him to take the new ball if that was the only difference between victory and defeat. It's ridiculous how Pakistan fans blame captain when bowlers are not able to take wickets or batsmen aren't able to score runs.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I called Hafeez's retirement after first innings failure and I also think there is every chance that not only will he be fired as captain but actually be replaced by Rizwan.

If Amir was performing he would be my next captain however he isn't, so I think ideally Fakhar or Babar should lead the side instead. We need a younger skipper who at least leads by example. I appreciate the former has only played one test however he is the one of the two best openers in Pakistan (along with Azhar Ali).

Wouldn't make sense to make Shafiq captain when he can barely make the team on merit. Azhar Ali isn't a leader and failed miserably as ODI skipper. We need to get out of this habit of making the soft, yes men like him, Shafiq and Misbah as captain.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakPremi View Post
    That will be dictated by the target and time. Chasing or not chasing would be a team and management decision not just Sarfraz. Pak have no top 5 batsman at their disposal to chase a bold target and risk losing the series.
    They dont have the batsmen to draw as well. They collapsed in meblourne on the last day under a session with yk and misbah still playing.
    Its better if Pakistan embraces its mental frailties and plays to win rather than delude itself that it has the mental fortitude or technique to block out a whole day.
    captain sets the tone. If he spends the first two hours pouting and shouting at his bowlers and fielders, its going to impact how the team performs.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    They dont have the batsmen to draw as well. They collapsed in meblourne on the last day under a session with yk and misbah still playing.
    Its better if Pakistan embraces its mental frailties and plays to win rather than delude itself that it has the mental fortitude or technique to block out a whole day.
    captain sets the tone. If he spends the first two hours pouting and shouting at his bowlers and fielders, its going to impact how the team performs.
    I actually agree with you here but if Pak are given something like 275 to win in two sessions - I am afraid they are not good enough to do it, especially with only one batsman in some form (Azhar), and he does not have enough shots to pierce the field.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He won't be fired.

Where are those posters who said it's fine that we lost the first test because we will win the next 2 ?

Aboslultey awful mentality.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Current New Zealand is not a weak side they are rated above Pakistan and rightly so. However Pakistan Batting is fragile we should have gotten at least twice the lead but we squandered that opportunity. We should have played Shahdab as the 2nd spinner it would have given us an allrounder in the lower order. But still no excuse.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan will be given a target tomorrow. Pakistan should go for it if it is not 300+, defending on this track wont be easy. However a draw from this position will be a great escape for Pakistan. Good Luck

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't mind Sarfraz being dumped as captain in Tests and if Azhar takes over.

But first and foremost, inzi should be sacked as selector!

How can you not select a 2nd genuine spinner?

Kept on selecting Hafeez in Tests and eventually, even Hafeez knew he didn't merit a place in the side and retired - a big slap on his face.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I actually agree with you here but if Pak are given something like 275 to win in two sessions - I am afraid they are not good enough to do it, especially with only one batsman in some form (Azhar), and he does not have enough shots to pierce the field.
    Yes, but I suspect New Zealand will declare to give Pakistan a sporting chance...so that they are interested but its also difficult.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like Pak selectors don't take defeat as a big deal, no wonder they kept playing Hafeez, Imam and until recently Rahat. They like to keep "apna banda " in the team. Win or loss, Sarfraz is not going anywhere. Rizwan is not "apna banda" for them.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t see any credit people said it’s becuase of our luck and fakhar Hassan
    Quite surprising that you don't see any credit. That's probably only reason why he hasn't been stripped off Captaincy, that's credit of CT.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He should be questioned, no doubt. But are the people high up in the PCB ready to remove him and get someone new? I doubt it.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    He should be questioned, no doubt. But are the people high up in the PCB ready to remove him and get someone new? I doubt it.
    It was their job in first place. Basically a fault of theirs. Now more factually, are they good enough to admit they made a mistake appointing Sarfaraz for Tests, or they will persist with him and risk further failures just because they couldn't admit their mistake ?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1504 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Won't and should not happen. We have a Test match in South Africa in 20 days.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should be shown a mirror first, shayad kuch sharam aajaye.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    His tactics are strange and he has proven very unimaginative with his field placings and bowling changes.

I remember he started the day with Wahab Riaz against Australia when Abbas was clearly our better bowler. Certainly, this was not the sole reason of the draw but these little things do matter.

And today he did not bowl Hariz and Hafeez at all.
    Although Hasan Ali was unfit, the decision not to take new ball showed fear of losing rather than an urgency to win.
    He probably feared leaking of extra runs with the new ball and NZ setting some sort of challenge to Pakistan. Probably, the decision of not using Hafeez or Haris was also based on the fear of losing, that they could leak some runs and NZ could declare eralier to test Pakistan on final day.

I believe he gave up way too early. Yes, the pitch has slowed down but cricket is a game of chance. New ball could have provided some pace even to Yasir to break this partnership.
    It seemed that he started to accept a draw as a favorable outcome just after tea.

Nevertheless, Sarfraz should remain Test captain for the tour of South Africa. However, if he wants to captain Pakistan for a bit longer he needs to be better with his tactics and plan.
    Last edited by waqar goraya; 7th December 2018 at 00:16.

" Don't wait. The time will never be just right "

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He isn't going anywhere till world cup.
    Realistically he shouldn't be in any team

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    729 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz needs to be dumped.

But only AFTER the South Africa tour. New captain should not get that job, will be very unfair. Let Sarf receive a thrashing there first.

He's the most ineligible player in the team, doesn't make the team on merit.

Not just captaincy, that is not of a great concern. It's a subjective matter. Performance is not. We're winning T20s, will you then say his T20 captaincy is great?

Truth is, people call captaincy great when you're winning matches, and kick you when you're losing.

So, it needs to be about performance and merit first of all.

Doesn't make the team.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "You either die a hero..."

Sarfraz has only himself to blame.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People tend to forget in league match against Sri Lanka Sarfaraz was Man of the Match

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thread: Will Sarfaraz Ahmed be shown the door if we lose the third Test against New Zealand?

No. His place is assured till the World cup irrespective of what he does

Debut
    May 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A long time lurker here but seriously the amount of bashing sarfraz receives here is uncalleded for. This is used to be a very good forum with people doing analysis with facts and figures. The standards have dropped just like the Pakistani cricket team after hafeez started opening for us. How can you take these people seriously when the same brigade would vouch for players like umar akmal in another thread....jahalat ki had hay.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No. He is not at fault.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just at the his decision to declare in the second test match wasting five wickets and not accelerating the run rate . You guyz have forgotten because we won the match but it was one of the worst decision in modern test history.

He can't lead the team and he is walking wicket. Kick him out from the team before the worldcup

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    511 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Not really it was mainly Fakhar followed by Amir and many other players like Hasan. Of course Captain gets credit for winning and losing as well.
    Captain steals all the credit. There are two living examples Imran and Sarfraz. Blame of the losses will also be given to captain only.

Meetha Meetha hup hup karwa karwa thoo thoo

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    511 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Won't and should not happen. We have a Test match in South Africa in 20 days.
    He should be shown the door after SA series.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Inzamam should have to go first for his stupid and favoritism selection

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Best captain since Imran though?

As I said many times postets here are agenda driven and have personal likes and dislikes. They praise some players when they managed to score for few innings but remove support when they having bad run of scores. Azhar Ali being one prime example, nearly everyone wanted him booted out during his long run of bad scores. Now he has become darling again and want him to be captain again. He was termed terrible captain when he actually was the captain of ODI team. It seems anyone not playing is a better player than the one playing, and anyone not captaining a better captain. One word Fickle
    Yep.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz, inzi and mickey all need to go.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should get the sack after the SA series. Was never going to last as a sustainable option across all 3 formats.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He is still the greatest captain from Asia currently.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    He is still the greatest captain from Asia currently.
    He is the greatest ever captain to come out from Asia.. better than the likes of IK, Ganguly, Ranatunga..

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ikky47 View Post
    He is the greatest ever captain to come out from Asia.. better than the likes of IK, Ganguly, Ranatunga..
    He needs to captain his team for at least 50 Tests before we can say that. It's too early now.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    He needs to captain his team for at least 50 Tests before we can say that. It's too early now.
    I think after today he will be luck to captain another..

Debut
    Mar 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    I called Hafeez's retirement after first innings failure and I also think there is every chance that not only will he be fired as captain but actually be replaced by Rizwan.

If Amir was performing he would be my next captain however he isn't, so I think ideally Fakhar or Babar should lead the side instead. We need a younger skipper who at least leads by example. I appreciate the former has only played one test however he is the one of the two best openers in Pakistan (along with Azhar Ali).

Wouldn't make sense to make Shafiq captain when he can barely make the team on merit. Azhar Ali isn't a leader and failed miserably as ODI skipper. We need to get out of this habit of making the soft, yes men like him, Shafiq and Misbah as captain.
    How could you pick Amir as a captain? The guy hasn't shown any leadership qualities or any particular strategic intelligence and on top of that, he's a convicted spot fixer. What kind of example would that be setting?

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ikky47 View Post
    I think after today he will be luck to captain another..
    Have some respect. Who was the captain when Pak drew their last Test series in England?

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His Time is up.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Yeah blame Sarfraz alone for all our batsmen's fault.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blistering Barnacle View Post
    How could you pick Amir as a captain? The guy hasn't shown any leadership qualities or any particular strategic intelligence and on top of that, he's a convicted spot fixer. What kind of example would that be setting?
    He actually has the best cricketing brain and was tipped to be leader of the future before his ban but it doesn't matter because he doesn't make the team on merit now.

I wouldn't want a spot fixer to be my captain but it is desperate times for Pakistan cricket, either you ban him for life or allow him to contribute for the greater good of the team without any restrictions.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On second thoughts, he himself might have realised it and may step down.

Debut
    Mar 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He actually has the best cricketing brain and was tipped to be leader of the future before his ban but it doesn't matter because he doesn't make the team on merit now.

I wouldn't want a spot fixer to be my captain but it is desperate times for Pakistan cricket, either you ban him for life or allow him to contribute for the greater good of the team without any restrictions.
    When did he show his cricketing brain? Has he captained domestically or something? He doesn't exude any leadership qualities on the field when playing for Pakistan.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The T20 winning streak has helped Sarfaraz retain his captaincy else he could have been sacked after the Asia Cup.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Indian occupied kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    719 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    if we lose south africa 3-0 and sarfaraz's bad form continues i guess he might be sacked

Meri Awaaz suno....
    Mujhe Azaad karo....

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When did he show his cricketing brain? Has he captained domestically or something? He doesn't exude any leadership qualities on the field when playing for Pakistan.
    WT20 2009 T20 final, ICC CT final, 2009 CT vs India, 2010 England series are the most prominent that come to mind. Also if you're seriously going to doubt his cricketing intelligence then I would suggest seeing more of his death bowling as well with the way he mixes up his variations and keeps batsmen guessing guessing.

For some players you don't need to see their captaincy experience, you can just tell they're captaincy material and he is one of them but as you said it would be a very controversial appointment given what happened 8 years ago in England.

Reason why you don't see him exude any of his leadership qualities these days is because he's become a lot more passive which I would assume is more to do with the fact that he's been told not to be his imposing self as we were used to seeing prior to his spot fixing. Having said that, that's not an excuse for his poor bowling.

If he was in the XI (something he needs to earn), then I can't see any other decent alternatives. Babar and Fakhar set a good example for the side however the former needs to toughen up and as for FZ that could either be hit or miss.

Debut
    Mar 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WT20 2009 T20 final, ICC CT final, 2009 CT vs India, 2010 England series are the most prominent that come to mind. Also if you're seriously going to doubt his cricketing intelligence then I would suggest seeing more of his death bowling as well with the way he mixes up his variations and keeps batsmen guessing guessing.

For some players you don't need to see their captaincy experience, you can just tell they're captaincy material and he is one of them but as you said it would be a very controversial appointment given what happened 8 years ago in England.

Reason why you don't see him exude any of his leadership qualities these days is because he's become a lot more passive which I would assume is more to do with the fact that he's been told not to be his imposing self as we were used to seeing prior to his spot fixing. Having said that, that's not an excuse for his poor bowling.

If he was in the XI (something he needs to earn), then I can't see any other decent alternatives. Babar and Fakhar set a good example for the side however the former needs to toughen up and as for FZ that could either be hit or miss.
    I don't think being a good or intelligent bowler automatically translates into being a good captain tactically.

Waqar was a clever bowler but he was an awful captain.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    No. He has to stay for another few years. We are in a weird transition period and need some stability. I would not sack him at all. Actually i would appoint him for the long term.

Now lets say they sack him. Who do you give the cuptanny to? there is no one. Dont say Amir. He has zero intelligence. WHo's next? Azhar? well we tried that and how did that work out? Shafiq? he turns to swiss cheese when under pressure..will crack into two pieces..

Imam? err no..
    Hafeez? retired
    Sohail? he'll teach everyone how to maintain a belly and colour hair
    yasir? zero cuptaany experience
    Amir? see above
    Abbas? zero cuptaany experience and doesnt look like material anyway
    Shadab? wont last more than a series..too young and hasnt the experience or temprament
    Faheem? cant hold a place in any format yet
    Malik? hahahahah
    Fakhar Zamaan? err no..again cant hold a place in the test side yet..
    Hasan Ali? he'll teach the whole team to start a generator..wont last a series without fighting or group baazi..

So who do we have? sarfraz has captained at every level. WOn a world cup at u19, won a CT when we were finished..respectable showing in england, just beat the aussies..Great T20 run..improving ODI team..Improving test side (we are starting all over again)..

so no..he stays..

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Beefcake Bakery
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1048 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deadball View Post
    should be shown a mirror first, shayad kuch sharam aajaye.
    Potw

Chak de.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Beefcake Bakery
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1048 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Should stay until the South African tour before getting the kick.

Chak de.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't think being a good or intelligent bowler automatically translates into being a good captain tactically.

Waqar was a clever bowler but he was an awful captain.
    That is very true but there is one clear difference that guy was a hot headed individual who used to crack under the pressure on the big stage.

Amir although a far lesser bowler than Waqar he actually relishes the occassion evident from his ICC tournament track record (except WT 2016) especially in the big games (stated in my prev. post). The fact that he is a big match player in ICC tournaments indicates to me he is a different animal mentally compared to the bunch of softies in the side.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Changing captain's wont transform the side. My biggest concern for Sarfaraz is his inconsistency as a player, mode of dismissal, lazy complacent attitude towards fitness and poor captaincy on the field with respect to field placements and bowling changes.

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is very true but there is one clear difference that guy was a hot headed individual who used to crack under the pressure on the big stage.

Amir although a far lesser bowler than Waqar he actually relishes the occassion evident from his ICC tournament track record (except WT 2016) especially in the big games (stated in my prev. post). The fact that he is a big match player in ICC tournaments indicates to me he is a different animal mentally compared to the bunch of softies in the side.
    Amir was smashed for 16 runs in the second last over of the WT20 2010 ( in West India's) Semi finals where Hussey smashed Ajmal in the last over.

Don't remember?

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Nothing illustrates the decline of Pakistan cricket better than the fact that Pakistan, a cricket mad country with 200m people cannot produce a 26-30 year world class player with star quality, charismatic personality, good communication skills and great work ethic.

As a result, we have meek personalities like Sarfraz taking over as captain in all formats. Quite frankly, it is embarrassing to see him lead the team - mediocre player, no star quality, no personality, awful to hear to regardless of what language he is conversing in and is barely a player who is going to attract young players around the world. He completely looks out of place in the presence of other captains.

Same goes for our other players as well - they have no clue about how the world works and they are completely out of their depth and are completely out of their depth with stardom and the spotlight that is one them, which is why they act the way they do on social media.

From Afridi making nonsense comments to score brownie points from Umar taking selfies with livestock and eating grapes, Shehzad taking the most cringeworthy pictures and Babar Azam lashing out at Zainab Abbas from completely taking a comment out of context because of its illiteracy, Pakistan cricketers today are nothing like the genuine men of class that we produced in the past.

The biggest reason for our failure to produce proper personalities with class is because cricket has become a common man's sport in Pakistan. Kids from affluent families do not consider it as a career option anymore, which is why not only are we producing meek personalities, we are also narrowing our talent pool.

With the way Pakistan cricket is today, people like Imran Khan and Majid Khan would not have become cricketers and if they would have, they would have not been Oxford and Cambridge graduates. Now we do not need graduates from leading universities to play cricket for us, but we definitely need to produce more well-rounded cricketer. Cricket was an elite sport in Pakistan till the 80's, which is why we had big personalities like them and a few others. Post 80's, it became completely a poor man's sport.

To maximise our resources, we need to attract budding cricketers from all social standings. The only way this can be achieved is by investing heavily in school cricket. The posh schools in Pakistan need to provide proper opportunities for kids who want to become cricketers and also grant admissions on sports quota, so that the players can not only play the game but also good good education and develop some sort of personalities.

I know this will offend the usual snowflakes who will now repeat the same mantra of "oh you have inferiority complex, you do not need to speak farr farr angrezi to be good cricketers, not all leading athletes in the world can speak English and we had an educated player like Butt who turned out to be a fixer etc."

If you have the predisposition for corruption, education will not save you or entire. Butt was educated but Amir wasn't, yet both acted on their tendencies. However, developing educated cricketers will definitely have a long-term positive effect on Pakistan cricket. You won't see results overnight, but you will see them in 15-20 years.

Not only are we producing poor cricketers, we are also producing cricketers who cannot make an impression on other teams and cannot socialise with them either. As a result, we are increasingly becoming alienated and isolated. We should strive to not only produce quality players but quality players who are also not an embarrassment with the way they carry themselves.

If we continue with our merry ways, we will only produce soft, timid, dull cricketers who are easily intimidated, cannot sledge or respond to sledging and cannot articulate themselves.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hafeezrocks View Post
    Amir was smashed for 16 runs in the second last over of the WT20 2010 ( in West India's) Semi finals where Hussey smashed Ajmal in the last over.

Don't remember?
    I think we need to talk about your username first.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    511 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Here is the new excuse in the market. We are playing away from home so sarfraz is depressed in 5 star hotel rooms as he is away from friends and family. Don't expect Test team to win home series in UAE now.
    Last edited by aukhan; 7th December 2018 at 16:17.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He must because he isnít performing as a player.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Nothing illustrates the decline of Pakistan cricket better than the fact that Pakistan, a cricket mad country with 200m people cannot produce a 26-30 year world class player with star quality, charismatic personality, good communication skills and great work ethic.

As a result, we have meek personalities like Sarfraz taking over as captain in all formats. Quite frankly, it is embarrassing to see him lead the team - mediocre player, no star quality, no personality, awful to hear to regardless of what language he is conversing in and is barely a player who is going to attract young players around the world. He completely looks out of place in the presence of other captains.

Same goes for our other players as well - they have no clue about how the world works and they are completely out of their depth and are completely out of their depth with stardom and the spotlight that is one them, which is why they act the way they do on social media.

From Afridi making nonsense comments to score brownie points from Umar taking selfies with livestock and eating grapes, Shehzad taking the most cringeworthy pictures and Babar Azam lashing out at Zainab Abbas from completely taking a comment out of context because of its illiteracy, Pakistan cricketers today are nothing like the genuine men of class that we produced in the past.

The biggest reason for our failure to produce proper personalities with class is because cricket has become a common man's sport in Pakistan. Kids from affluent families do not consider it as a career option anymore, which is why not only are we producing meek personalities, we are also narrowing our talent pool.

With the way Pakistan cricket is today, people like Imran Khan and Majid Khan would not have become cricketers and if they would have, they would have not been Oxford and Cambridge graduates. Now we do not need graduates from leading universities to play cricket for us, but we definitely need to produce more well-rounded cricketer. Cricket was an elite sport in Pakistan till the 80's, which is why we had big personalities like them and a few others. Post 80's, it became completely a poor man's sport.

To maximise our resources, we need to attract budding cricketers from all social standings. The only way this can be achieved is by investing heavily in school cricket. The posh schools in Pakistan need to provide proper opportunities for kids who want to become cricketers and also grant admissions on sports quota, so that the players can not only play the game but also good good education and develop some sort of personalities.

I know this will offend the usual snowflakes who will now repeat the same mantra of "oh you have inferiority complex, you do not need to speak farr farr angrezi to be good cricketers, not all leading athletes in the world can speak English and we had an educated player like Butt who turned out to be a fixer etc."

If you have the predisposition for corruption, education will not save you or entire. Butt was educated but Amir wasn't, yet both acted on their tendencies. However, developing educated cricketers will definitely have a long-term positive effect on Pakistan cricket. You won't see results overnight, but you will see them in 15-20 years.

Not only are we producing poor cricketers, we are also producing cricketers who cannot make an impression on other teams and cannot socialise with them either. As a result, we are increasingly becoming alienated and isolated. We should strive to not only produce quality players but quality players who are also not an embarrassment with the way they carry themselves.

If we continue with our merry ways, we will only produce soft, timid, dull cricketers who are easily intimidated, cannot sledge or respond to sledging and cannot articulate themselves.
    A lot of truth here as I said it is not fault of A B or C but our sporting culture , infrastructure and support afforded to youngsters to develop. You can change 10 captains results will be the same. We need our foundations to be strong to see better results at higher levels.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

POTW - this is a gem of a post which has been very eloquently put. Truth of the matter is they are social noobs epitomised by Babar Azam's tweet.

I also want to add the need for Pakistan cricket to be secularised. You don't see other devout Muslim players such as Amla, Moeen Ali and etc doing sujda every half century but with Pakistan we are seeing OTT celebrations and the need for the same routines even against minnows and in meaningless bilateral T20Is.

If you listen to to the post match presentations and hearing every time "I want to thank my dear .....", that's all very nice but it is becoming to sound robotic rather than sincere just like with all their routines.

There needs to be a culture change in Pakistan cricket. CA should use Pakistan as in case in point on why they shouldn't soften their players. If I was an Aussie and saw the recommendations made I would share the same concerns as Michael Clarke.

The team is full of obedient yes men, socially unaware weak characters who just don't know how to handle to limelight and fame.
    Last edited by topspin; 7th December 2018 at 16:30.

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we need to talk about your username first.
    Alayalay Munna, feeling bad about the match when Amir choked? Guess that World Cup doesn't count.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

This is indeed a refreshing sport. We have the odd exceptions of the likes of Wahab Riaz, Salman Butt, Shan Masood, Umar Amin i.e. players with excellent English speaking skills and players who have had a O and A level education coming into cricket.

But really the question is economics? Why would a Middle to Upper Middle class kid want to take up cricket? Does the payoff justify it? Domestic pay is a pittance, but even at the international level, how much to the top Pakistani players earn and is it way more than an IBA or Lums graduate or a Top Medical graduate from AKU, DOW can make?

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hafeezrocks View Post
    Alayalay Munna, feeling bad about the match when Amir choked? Guess that World Cup doesn't count.
    I'm not his fan because I support his exclusion in the side, something which I've made very clear for the past for few days. Also I'm not going to repeat his ICC match winning performances and good tournaments he's had when it is explicitly mentioned if you see above posts.

Even if I I was however, there is nothing more shameless of being a Hafeez cheerleader who has a PP account in dedication to him.

Seems like your hands on the keyboard are too fast for your brain to cope with.
    Last edited by topspin; 7th December 2018 at 16:41.